PDA

View Full Version : I'm not one to complain, but...

Don Julio
05-25-2011, 11:00 PM
a) That was ridiculous having us supporters standing out in that shit (arguably dangerous conditions) waiting for seemingly hours on end for a bunch of guys in a warm, dry room to arbitrate when the best time to re-play the match was. CSA, grow some balls, and some respect from your supporters.

b) 11 am for a replay, when NOBODY will be able to make the game, and when we have a crucial match 2 days later is despicable. Sure, it will never be able to go on, but still:

WTF IS GOING ON?!

MG42
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM
From the interview I saw they said it was in the tournament rules that each team signed that a replay will be done on the following day...but I easily could have misunderstood lol

Don Julio
05-25-2011, 11:07 PM
I know, and fair play to that. I guess the real question is: Why can't you cancel the game so I can go home, and not risk my life in an aluminum wonderland in a lightning storm? Call it, then argue about how/when the replay.

Fuck you, CSA.

Phil
05-25-2011, 11:09 PM
What I found a bit odd was the fact that people were permitted to stand in the hallways. Whenever I do that on a regular day I get told to move along.

We need a roof too. :D

billyfly
05-25-2011, 11:11 PM
What I found a bit odd was the fact that people were permitted to stand in the hallways. Whenever I do that on a regular day I get told to move along.

We need a roof too. :D

I asked Boris where the roof I ordered was. He threw a beer at me. True story.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-25-2011, 11:13 PM
It was brutal weather, things like this happen. I'm willing to give them a pass.

A roof would be nice. I hope they see some economic incentives in building one, along the lines of fewer no shows on rainy days, more people in the stands, more concession sales.

Don Julio
05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm not complaining about being wet.

I've been wet before. That was not the worst weather I've endured at the stadium.

The delays, and fucking about (presumably pissing contests in the backroom btw us and the Caps) There was no new information in my last hour at the stadium. Game should've been called at the half, NEEDED to be called in the 60th, and they kept people there for an hour+ later.

Ignorant.

billyfly
05-25-2011, 11:21 PM
^I agree. Louie Jean had to tell us to go home.

Don Julio
05-25-2011, 11:21 PM
The pitch is under 2" of water and there's lightning, it's not like we're splitting hairs here.

Shows the lack of authority and respect that the governing bodies command.

tfcleeds
05-25-2011, 11:22 PM
It was brutal weather, things like this happen. I'm willing to give them a pass.

A roof would be nice. I hope they see some economic incentives in building one, along the lines of fewer no shows on rainy days, more people in the stands, more concession sales.

After the land-office business they did tonight selling ponchos, they may decide they don't need a roof...

Phil
meh, made for a fun story.

I know I wont forget the game that didnt happen.

billyfly
BTW - to all the idiots in Canucks gear - F U

billyfly
05-25-2011, 11:23 PM
meh, made for a fun story.

I know I wont forget the game that didnt happen.

I was assaulted by RPB leadership. Disgraceful.

Don Julio
05-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Glad you all had fun waiting around for an hour for nothing. I have to get to work early in the am to get an early loooong lunch. I'm sure the players are all as excited as you.

Keyman
05-25-2011, 11:45 PM

Same. Boris punched me in the groin!

ExiledRed
05-26-2011, 01:03 AM

Even security just stood nonchalantly by.

nobody likes you.

Yagbod
05-26-2011, 01:12 AM
a) That was ridiculous having us supporters standing out in that shit (arguably dangerous conditions) waiting for seemingly hours on end for a bunch of guys in a warm, dry room to arbitrate when the best time to re-play the match was. CSA, grow some balls, and some respect from your supporters.

b) 11 am for a replay, when NOBODY will be able to make the game, and when we have a crucial match 2 days later is despicable. Sure, it will never be able to go on, but still:

WTF IS GOING ON?!

I will be there.

And by the way, Boris gave me a hug at the beginning of the 2nd half that never happened. I wouldn't call that assault.

phonzo
05-26-2011, 02:15 AM
the 11am is shit...as a supporter I have no issue with the rain.

I do have issue with the amount of people standing in the concourse in the south end waiting for the rain to let up....seriously?! You got seats in a supporters section get the fuck out there and sing

ensco
05-26-2011, 06:17 AM
I would like to understand what exactly the risk was/is. I assume it's bad, but I don't know.

I would have thought you had to clear a metal stadium the second you had lightning in the area.

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Lightning. Unplayable pitch. 2 rain delays. All fine. The announcement at the second delay was 15 mins. It was a lot more than that.

The Referee's have clear rules on delays and when to call games. It's not like they call the CSA and ask "So it's raining...What do I do?" They should know that already.

I understand the replay has to be ASAP because both teams have to play on the weekend but it's unfortunate they can't wait till the evening.

Carts
05-26-2011, 06:46 AM

WTF IS GOING ON?!

"I'm not one to complain but" YOU ARE COMPLAINING ;)

menefreghista
05-26-2011, 07:30 AM

I actually am one to complain....

So do I get a refund for tickets to the NCC final that I couldn't attend because it was rescheduled for 11am?

Of course this assumes they will play, which is still up in the air.

The match should have been called at 9pm. It was already lightning at that time.

Ensco touched on this in the match thread. This wasn't a failure of MLSE, this was a failure of ALL parties involved and is sad reality of modern professional sports. They do this in baseball too sometimes having them try to play in some real pathetic weather.

Davenport
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM
If the ref had any brains (doubtful looking at his performance) they would have played until it was an official game.
Dont ask the CSA to come up with any good ideas !

Oldtimer
05-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Apparently Winter and the ref wanted to call the match right a lot sooner, but Teitur Thordarson disputed the decision. Eventually the ref over-ruled him in accordance with the rules.

(http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/997224--trailing-1-0-toronto-fc-saved-by-the-weather)

Davenport
05-26-2011, 07:45 AM
It was too wet but with the forecast, the pissing rain, and the games they have to play this weekend it would have made a lot more sense.
When does this game have to be played by ?

menefreghista
05-26-2011, 07:47 AM
It was too wet but with the forecast, the pissing rain, and the games they have to play this weekend it would have made a lot more sense.
When does this game have to be played by ?

The funny thing is if the match had started at 8:05pm (it started around 8:20pm for some reason) and they didn't take the the extra 1/2 hour for half time they probably could have managed to play the game.

mastermixer
05-26-2011, 07:48 AM
I can understand the game being stopped because of lightning, but what happened to the 2 million dollar pitch they installed with a top of the line drainage system?? The field looked like a lake.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 07:52 AM
- There was heavy rain and some lightning. They delayed the game (AT HALF TIME). Typical

- They started the second half in hopes of finishing. They gave it a go for 10 minutes, and the rain and lightning didn't let up. For safety sake, and for the sake of the game, they called another delay. Typical.

- They waited to see if the game could be played, as would be expected. (Vancouver coach even said in an interview that he's waited 3 hours for a delay to end). Fans had personal choices to make, go home, or wait.

- Decision made to abandon the game. As is the rules, you play the next day if possible. That's was the decision. So if weather holds on Thursday, they'll play. It affects both teams.

Sounds pretty black and white, and the exact way you'd expect such a situation to play out. Coaches, players, organizers, fans... all should have expected this type of situation to be played out this way.

Complaining/whining/bitching about this is complete nonsense. If you didn't expect things to play out this way, then you're in the minority and need to do your research before hand.

Davenport
05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
When is the first round of concacaf champions league?

menefreghista
05-26-2011, 07:57 AM
When is the first round of concacaf champions league?

Last week of July. But Canada's representative has to be decided by the end of June.

Davenport
05-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Last week of July. But Canada's representative has to be decided by the end of June.
So loads of time to fit in a date that suits all ?

Whoop
05-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Saturday July 2nd.

drewski
05-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Saturday July 2nd.

yup. confirmed by Paul B on twitter. Timed to coincide with the league game June 29.

Parkdale
05-26-2011, 08:21 AM
I can understand the game being stopped because of lightning, but what happened to the 2 million dollar pitch they installed with a top of the line drainage system?? The field looked like a lake.

the volume of water was bonkers.

even streets with actual storm drains were turning into lakes, so there's no way a grass field could stay dry in that monsoon.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 08:24 AM

A- who made you go to this game in these conditions, and who in particular told you to stand out in the rain and lightning (who didn't allow you to leave or take shelter)

B) speak for yourself. you and your opinions do not reflect everyone else. What makes a game in May any more crucial than a game in April, July, or October.

For someone that's "not known to complain", you posted some pretty ridiculous drivel.

scooter
05-26-2011, 08:26 AM
I asked Boris where the roof I ordered was. He threw a beer at me. True story.

first a gate

__wowza
05-26-2011, 08:29 AM
nowhere in this thread did i hear about anyone having a gun put to their head to stay. i've heard a lot of boris beating the living shit outt've folks, but no gun to head. ;)

although i do enjoy reading someone complaining about the weather.

Parkdale
05-26-2011, 08:36 AM
so here's a story...

There was a migration of hundreds into the north stands, and it was a rocking good time. Werewolf brought popcorn (by the garbage bag) and we were all singing along nicely. Then some Vancouver guys walk up the stairs and start taunting us.

I pop over and tell them to GTFO or shit will get messy, and they take off down the stairs. I talk with security (who was mostly useless) and suggest getting someone to stand at the bottom of the stairs on NOT let vancouver people walk up into the area where we took over.

two vancouver guys sneak past me up the stairs, and I go up after then to turn them around.... and I'm hit with a giant wave of BEER! Nothing makes you wet like dozens of half full beers falling on you. yeee-haawwww

+ It was great to see so many supporters converge on the North stands
- It was shit to hear bloggers talk about RPB "abandoning" the team. Blow it out your ear.

Gazza
05-26-2011, 08:38 AM
^I agree. Louie Jean had to tell us to go home.

Hopefully, being the leaf fan you are, you told HIM where to go!

flamehawk
05-26-2011, 08:40 AM
I understand the rain is noone's fault. But I thought there could've been much better communication. A lot of folks had no idea what was going on, and seeing as everyone was out on the concourse, we couldn't hear announcements. They should've had staffers go around telling people.

Parkdale
05-26-2011, 08:44 AM
A lot of folks had no idea what was going on, and seeing as everyone was out on the concourse, we couldn't hear announcements. They should've had staffers go around telling people.

The girlfriend and I spent most of the half under a guest services tent (only after we moved the table back enough to let people actually stand in the dry part) And they had no idea what was going on.

Yep, guest services was just as in the dark as the rest of us.

billyfly
05-26-2011, 08:47 AM
I hit one of them in the head with ice Parkdale. Revenge was enacted.

Don Julio
05-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Ok, I guess I was misunderstood by more than a few.

I'm not normally one to complain about every little thing (ticket increases, frisking, etc, etc). I am complaining now, and that's the BUT part

I'm not complaining about watching a game in the pissing rain. I've done that a million times, and did it again last night happily.

I am only complaining about the amount of time after the whistle in the 60th minute until they officially announce the abandonment of the match at the stadium. And it was a hell of a lot longer than 15 mins. I remember waiting for 10-15 minutes until we found out that an official decision would be made 15 mins later at 10:45, and then waiting 10 mins after that with no announcement except what the TV audio was saying--which at that point was "this match is going to be abandoned, but it's still not official"

I AM complaining about standing around soaking wet in the wind and rain NOT watching football.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 08:48 AM
A lot of folks had no idea what was going on, and seeing as everyone was out on the concourse, we couldn't hear announcements. They should've had staffers go around telling people.

1. Did they make announcements over the PA?

2. If the push system wasn't working, why not fall back on the pull system.... meaning, if you want information, go seek it yourself.

Just my thoughts.

flamehawk
05-26-2011, 08:50 AM
1. Did they make announcements over the PA?

2. If the push system wasn't working, why not fall back on the pull system.... meaning, if you want information, go seek it yourself.

Just my thoughts.

1.Well not until much later. And even when they did noone could hear it since we weren't in the stands.

2.Well yea, I asked the staff. But as Parkdale said, a lot of them had no idea either. Sure, I finally got some answers after a bit, but surely this could've been done a little better.

Parkdale
05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
I AM complaining about standing around soaking wet in the wind and rain NOT watching football.

agreed.

yeah, that part sucked. I blame Vancouver.

but it's not like I don't understand or even sympathize a bit with them.
When you feel that rules are being bent and it's going to hurt you, then
you'll put up a fight. But having said that...... fuck'em!

Parkdale
05-26-2011, 08:53 AM

I was asking the people in the guest services tent, and they had no idea. Security had no idea. the police were the only ones who looked like they were fine just chilling out (must be the heavy duty rain jackets and overtime pay that kept them so chill).

in short, No one knew, so it's not like there was anyone we could ask.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 08:57 AM
I am only complaining about the amount of time after the whistle in the 60th minute until they officially announce the abandonment of the match at the stadium. And it was a hell of a lot longer than 15 mins. I remember waiting for 10-15 minutes until we found out that an official decision would be made 15 mins later at 10:45, and then waiting 10 mins after that with no announcement except what the TV audio was saying--which at that point was "this match is going to be abandoned, but it's still not official"

Ever been to a baseball game where you wait 4 hours before the game is called? Were you at the game the Vancouver coach waited 3 hours in a delay? The game should have been over about 1030pm. Game was officially called off before midnight. Really? What's the problem?? It's pouring rain, there's lightning. They want to play the game but have to wait it out. What the hell is the problem? Do you not get that? They had no clue how it was going to play out... what are you expecting? Maybe at midnight the sky was going to clear and the field would be less sloppy. They had to wait, you had to wait. You don't like standing in the rain? Get out of the rain.

I'd be pissed off if i wasn't given the freedom of choice to take shelter from the rain too. Damn communist country we live in.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 08:59 AM
I was asking the people in the guest services tent, and they had no idea. Security had no idea. the police were the only ones who looked like they were fine just chilling out (must be the heavy duty rain jackets and overtime pay that kept them so chill).

in short, No one knew, so it's not like there was anyone we could ask.

Exactly. Nobody knew. Things were being decided on. People were waiting to see how the weather would turn out. Seems like quite a few people here just don't get that.

TorontoBlades
05-26-2011, 09:23 AM
just be happy you guys all had to sit in the rain...we would have lost the NCC otherwise

Carts
05-26-2011, 09:28 AM
just be happy you guys all had to sit in the rain...we would have lost the NCC otherwise

C'mon - you know people will complain...

TFC should be able to control the weather!

Carts... :rolleyes:

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Exactly. Thread should be completely rewritten as:

"got a little wet tonight, but took one for the team. most important thing is we dodged a massive bullet and get a clean slate replay. not only that, but have the chance to go to the rematch on what could be an amazingly wonderful summer day/evening!"

jazzy
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM

IMO they did well, people hanging around and from what I saw purchasing pint after pint, they made money,...so the acountants were happy. Not necessarilly want they would want but all in all, as usual only the team and fan suffers..More so, imagine being in Van's shoes.......total shaft

nfitz
05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't understand the complaining. We were down a goal, and now we get a rematch.

If they'd have called the game any earlier, Vancouver may have jumped up and down saying they broke the rules, and that we should forfeit.

It all played out like it had to. Yes, it sucked to be in the rain ... but most people were waiting in a drier area. And if anyone is to blame for dragging out the decision it's Teitur Thordarson.

ensco
05-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Sure, it's a choice. I left at 9.

But the part some are missing is that (i) the authorities can assess lightning risk, but you as a fan cannot, at least not nearly so well, and (ii) there actually was a public service announcement at 10.45pm to clear the stadium.

It didn't suddenly become more unsafe at 10.45pm. It had been bad, with lightning all around, for a long time, at that point, but that just happens to be the same moment the game was called.

If someone had been hit by lightning, I'll tell you something, the tone of this discusion would be very different.

I just think all the parties involved (the teams, BMO management, the CSA), got caught up in the competitive stuff, the issue of whether the pitch was playable, the issue of who pays the expenses if there is a replay.....and forgot their baseline obligation to public safety.

Luckily everything ended up fine.

Carts
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't understand the complaining. We were down a goal, and now we get a rematch.

You dont understand the complaining...???

C'mon, some people here would complain if they won the lottery!

Honestly, some would seriously post "...ah f***, I won lotto 649 last night, but only got a $6.5-million jackpot - BULLSHIT, I should have won when it was at least $10-million..."

ManUtd4ever
05-26-2011, 09:36 AM
C'mon - you know people will complain...

TFC should be able to control the weather!

LOL, maybe the officials that operate HAARP are secretly TFC fans...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Ionosphere) research program jointly funded by the US Air Force (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/United_States_Air_Force), the US Navy (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/United_States_Navy), the University of Alaska (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/University_of_Alaska) and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Defense_Advanced_Research_Projects_Agency) (DARPA).[1] (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1306769#cite_note-FAQ_Sheet-0)

Its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance purposes.[2] (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1306769#cite_note-Purpose-1) The HAARP program operates a major Arctic facility, known as the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force owned site near Gakona, Alaska (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Gakona,_Alaska).

The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power radio frequency (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Radio_frequency) transmitter (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Transmitter) facility operating in the high frequency (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/High_frequency) (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere. Other instruments, such as a VHF (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/VHF) and a UHF (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Ultra_high_frequency) radar (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Radar), a fluxgate (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Fluxgate_compass) magnetometer (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Magnetometer), a digisonde (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Ionospheric_sounding) and an induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Work on the HAARP Station began in 1993. The current working IRI was completed in 2007, and its prime contractor was BAE Systems Advanced Technologies (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/BAE_Systems_Inc.).[1] (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1306769#cite_note-FAQ_Sheet-0)

As of 2008, HAARP had incurred around $250 million in tax-funded construction and operating costs. HAARP has also been blamed by conspiracy theorists (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Conspiracy_theory) for a range of events, including numerous natural disasters (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Natural_disaster).

pdogg
Exactly. Thread should be completely rewritten as:

"got a little wet tonight, but took one for the team. most important thing is we dodged a massive bullet and get a clean slate replay. not only that, but have the chance to go to the rematch on what could be an amazingly wonderful summer day/evening!"

I think we'll have ended up with exactly what should have happened from the get-go. The NCC final taking place over the Canada Day long weekend.

The Canadian teams should make the request to their respective leagues to have that weekend clear every year going forward and then we have a one game final. The field is determined by whichever team placed higher the previous year. If all the other NCC games are done by mid may it gives the home team 6 weeks to market the game like crazy.

JuliquE

If they'd have called the game any earlier, Vancouver may have jumped up and down saying they broke the rules, and that we should forfeit.

It all played out like it had to. Yes, it sucked to be in the rain ... but most people were waiting in a drier area. And if anyone is to blame for dragging out the decision it's Teitur Thordarson.
AHHHHHHH ZOMG -- THIIISSSS!

MANY here have gone on and on about having an absolute BLAST, in spite of the weather conditions.

Choose your battles carefully, folks. This is a time to rejoice.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 09:41 AM
^there was tons of lightning and maybe the game shouldn't have gone nearly that long. I've seen it before where the first lightning bolt has prompted a delay, other times it takes a bit more. All in all, things went down pretty predictably (in terms of how games go in bad weather situations). It's a wait and see situation, and that's what they did. Maybe the lightning stops, maybe it gets worse.

People have the choice to take shelter. The hosts also need to take public safety into account. Keep them out in the stand, have everyone cram the concourse (another possible safety issue), have them leave the stadium? Wait and see. Once they waited long enough and had all the info they needed, they made the move.

We are lucky that no one was hurt.

werewolf
05-26-2011, 09:47 AM
+ It was great to see so many supporters converge on the North stands
- It was shit to hear bloggers talk about RPB "abandoning" the team. Blow it out your ear.

:rofl:

Take note of all that say that. Immediately lost any and all credibility. Though given the number of TFC "bloggers", its hard to imagine much credibility to begin with.

Parkdale
05-26-2011, 09:50 AM
+++++ that was some delicious popcorn !!!

Boris
05-26-2011, 09:52 AM

be a man

MartinUtd
05-26-2011, 09:56 AM
I really thought they were just trying to get to 65 or 70 minutes so they could call the match complete (not sure what the rules are but I imagine it's something like that). I left after the second delay at 60:00. That last 15 minutes was fun though. I got into 113 and it was rocking. I definitely need to get tickets for a full game down there sometime.

I'm happy with a full replay because I maintain we would have scored at least 2 if the match went on. We were all over Van and only the fat bald guy with the douchey spiderweb tattoo could do anything for them.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
only the fat bald guy with the douchey spiderweb tattoo could do anything for them.

lol... fat!!?!? He's an actual man! He's built properly. None of this skinny weakling stuff that 90% of soccer players are. Most of those players regular wear would include thick glasses and pocket protectors. Good for Hassli for having some actual muscle tone. Everyone else out there is built like Charles in Charge.

Boris
05-26-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL, maybe the officials that operate HAARP are secretly TFC fans...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

BAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!
I was wondering when someone would bring haarp into this.

maybe we need this guy:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/july2005/010705ventura.jpg

Technorgasm
lol.. its going to make it SO much better when we lift the trophy. .

TFC. masters at Fucking VCWC over since 2010.

Boris
:rofl:

Take note of all that say that. Immediately lost any and all credibility. Though given the number of TFC "bloggers", its hard to imagine much credibility to begin with.

bitches love credibility

Whoop
05-26-2011, 10:12 AM
lol.. its going to make it SO much better when we lift the trophy. .

TFC. masters at Fucking VCWC over since 2009.

Fixed. ;)

Whoop
05-26-2011, 10:14 AM
My feet are still wet.

ExiledRed
05-26-2011, 10:26 AM

I dunno. we started the game badly but before they cancelled it there, we were playing well and looked like we were pressuring them.

I was dreading extra time and penalties if wed equalized, i mean.....it was fun, but not really.

Carts
05-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Ok, I guess I was misunderstood by more than a few.

I'm not normally one to complain about every little thing (ticket increases, frisking, etc, etc). I am complaining now, and that's the BUT part

I'm not complaining about watching a game in the pissing rain. I've done that a million times, and did it again last night happily.

Good thing you're not a baseball fan - the Red Sox finished a game at 2:15am this year after sitting through a 3-hour-plus rain delay...

Damn, you'd be calling for an inquiry if we waited that long...

The teams/officials tried to wait out the weather - if you didn't like that then you could have GONE HOME...

Nobody forced you to stay at the stadium...

Carts...

billyfly
05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
That Frei save in the 2nd half was HUGE. Van City would have even more been screaming at the replay from start.

billyfly
05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
be a man

What a waste of beer.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
That Frei save in the 2nd half was HUGE. Van City would have even more been screaming at the replay from start.

Wasn't as huge as the hand save that DeGuzman made at midfield. :D

Roogsy
05-26-2011, 11:14 AM

:lol:

That eventually got Hassli yellow-carded. He was absolutely losing it! It was quite funny...

Carts
05-26-2011, 11:18 AM

Just think - deGuzman scored last night...

He deflected Hassli's shot perfectly past Frei...

Two DP's, two game changers - unfortunately both change it in favour of Vancouver LOL

Carts...

Carts
05-26-2011, 11:19 AM
:lol:

That eventually got Hassli yellow-carded. He was absolutely losing it! It was quite funny...

He aint called 'Head Case Hassli' for nothing... :D

That being said - I'd take him on TFC in a heartbeat!

Roogsy
05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
He aint called 'Head Case Hassli' for nothing... :D

That being said - I'd take him on TFC in a heartbeat!

He has been deadly against us.

Big target men love TFC for some reason. Kenny Cooper has had great look with us too. As has Connor Casey.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Just another point, which might not be that important, but it's an outdoor venue in the city, which means there's a curfew/lights out. BMO lights are to be off at some point before midnight (I think 1130). They would have faced fines if the stadium was still "active". (I say it might not be that important because they might have played anyways and just paid the fine).

socceronly
05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
The pitch is under 2" of water and there's lightning, it's not like we're splitting hairs here.

Shows the lack of authority and respect that the governing bodies command.

Up to the ref and I think the game commissioner (if that is the right term).

You want the CSA officials making calls down to the ref to tell him what to do?

drewski
05-26-2011, 11:34 AM

he must learned his "trade" at the Gerry Dobson School of "Journalism", report first, fact check later :lol:

Derko
05-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Glad you all had fun waiting around for an hour for nothing. I have to get to work early in the am to get an early loooong lunch. I'm sure the players are all as excited as you.

Me too, I feel your pain.
that was yesterday, i am happy the game has been rescheduled to July 2nd. Cheers

billyfly
05-26-2011, 12:08 PM

In the 1st half we also had a penalty call not called in our favour and I thought it for sure as a "make up" call for the one in Vancouver.

TorontoBlades
05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
So if someone got red-carded for breaking someone's leg....would that red card be removed...

...or even more curious, would that player's leg magically heal (kind of like Rivaldo's face when he got hit in the nads)

Don Julio
05-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Up to the ref and I think the game commissioner (if that is the right term).

You want the CSA officials making calls down to the ref to tell him what to do?

I was going on what I heard on the commentary in the speakers in the concourse, that there was an ongoing closed-door meeting between CSA officials and the managers for each team.

They also mentioned that lights out was at 11 pm.

Globetrotter
05-26-2011, 01:01 PM
...or even more curious, would that player's leg magically heal

According to webmd, it would! This is backed up by wikipedia.

lobo
05-26-2011, 10:36 PM
last night was fuckin great ... loved it, awesome time, met a bunch of new friends, sang more than i ever had before, joined the march to the north stands, so what if it was a monsoon, so what if there were delays, didn't care that i was soaking wet for a two hour drive home, had a smile on my face the whole time, no complaints here... we didn't raise the cup, but shitecaps didn't either ... looking forward to seeing our boys take vancouver down twice in one week coming up ... cheers to all who weathered the storm, including my 70 year old parents who toughed it out the whole night and then continued the party at brazen head after