PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Game on Sportsnet One

Strikers
05-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Again Sportsnet have dropped the ball just like with the Canada vs Greece game. They advertise and hype up tonights game only to broadcast it on Sportsnet One. I'm sick and tired of this BULLSH*T.

Why not just say from the begining that the final will be on ONE, instead of waiting for gameday. I'm upset, and I think this is one of the reasons
the FO have games on GOL TV, because networks like Sportsnet bump games onto their digital cable sister channels.

Parkdale
05-25-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm upset, and I think this is one of the reasons
the FO have games on GOL TV, because networks like Sportsnet bump games onto their digital cable sister channels.

but then people would complain about it being on GolTV and not CBC (who dumped it to CBC Bold) or TSN

whatever is happening - we're in a new world of TV networks shuffling things around. Is there a reason to it all? I doubt we'll ever know.

menefreghista
05-25-2011, 12:25 PM
I think they made a mistake when the schedule was first announced. They had the 1st leg listed as being on Sportsnet One and the 2nd leg on nationally.

When in fact the reverse happened.

It sucks that its on Sportsnet One, but I don't expect them to show this instead of the Memorial Cup on their main network.

Brooker
05-25-2011, 12:25 PM
what is Sportsnet One anywways? On their schedule I see a shitload of Bob McCown's radio show. Quality tv right there.

Fort York Redcoat
05-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I wonder if tonight's game is sold out? Most Vcup matches are not. I mention this because it's a surefire way of avoiding a displeasing broadcast tonight.

MKR
05-25-2011, 12:32 PM
why is this bad news? Sportsnet one is readily available to all isn't it?

It's not like the game is on tape delay. Now that would indeed be bad news.

The only thing i would say is lame about sportsnet is that their 4 regional channels tend to always air the same thing making sportsnet 1 completely redundant. That being said, you would need digital cable to see what's on Sportsnet Pacific if that was the channel they were showing this game on so who cares if it's on sportsnet one?

And for the record i would assume the memorial cup has more interest than this game.

menefreghista
05-25-2011, 12:33 PM
I wonder if tonight's game is sold out? Most Vcup matches are not. I mention this because it's a surefire way of avoiding a displeasing broadcast tonight.

I don't think its sold out. At least based on the way they are whoring tickets on their twitter account every hour.

Fort York Redcoat
05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Again with the twitter... Maybe I'll buy more tickets at random when there is an official announcement they're available.

Suds
05-25-2011, 12:36 PM
but then people would complain about it being on GolTV and not CBC (who dumped it to CBC Bold) or TSN

whatever is happening - we're in a new world of TV networks shuffling things around. Is there a reason to it all? I doubt we'll ever know.

Sure is. They want you to pay for all their channels by spreading our the programming across each one.

Ask anyone tyring to get all the games from European teams. You basically need to by the full package & specialty channels to get Sportsnet, Sportsnet One, TSN, TSN 2 (if you're on rogers), Setanta, GolTV, FoxSoccer, etc. It fucking ridiculous really.

And then companies like Rogers, Bell, et all, bitch and moan and wonder why everyone is trying to get free feeds and illegal signals all the time.

I've cancelled all my specialty channels for this reason. Between the internet feeds and Scallywags I would say I only miss 1% off the footy games I want to watch. And I'm much happier now.

Suds
05-25-2011, 12:38 PM
why is this bad news? Sportsnet one is readily available to all isn't it?

And for the record i would assume the memorial cup has more interest than this game.

If you're a Rogers customer you get Sportnet One in standard def. You need to pay for the HD channel.

I believe if you're a Bell customer this is only included in one of the paid specialty packages. (not 100% sure - do no use Bell's service)

Strikers
05-25-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't subscribe to GOL TV or have Sportsnet One, my biggest problem is just like
the Canada vs Greece friendly. Sportsnet advertises and hypes up the fact they are
going to broadcast the game. Then on game day they put it on ONE. That's why I'm upset.

Pigfynn
05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
no it's included in Bell's Sports HD pack. If you get the other Sportsnet channels you get Sportsnet One

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I'll be watching on the online feed because Sportsnet is retarded. Nobody gives two flying fucks about the Memorial Cup, the NHL is on.

MKR
05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't subscribe to GOL TV or have Sportsnet One, my biggest problem is just like
the Canada vs Greece friendly. Sportsnet advertises and hypes up the fact they are
going to broadcast the game. Then on game day they put it on ONE. That's why I'm upset.

Ya i guess that sucks if they changed it from an original listing.

The sad reality is that MLS and football in general is a niche sport here in Toronto. Even though we have a team.... it's still a niche sport. fact.

If you want to follow this team closely you pretty much HAVE to get high end channels, but this has been the case for a number of seasons now.

oranje6411
05-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I came up with a song for Plata...it goes like this (sung to the Batman theme song).....try it out!
da-da da-da da-da da-da Plata
Plata!
Plata!
Plata!

Pachuco
05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
yawn....if they put the memorial cup on Sportsnet one they'd have MORE people complaining about that. So I can't say I disagree with this call. That's what you get for following a league that frankly, not alot of people follow in this country.

__wowza
05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
I came up with a song for Plata...it goes like this (sung to the Batman theme song).....try it out!
Plata!
Plata!
Plata!

:smilielol5:
not the most creative (flatpicker mentions it here: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1294263) , but picturing the boys singing this makes me laugh.

prizby
05-26-2011, 12:09 AM
what is Sportsnet One anywways? On their schedule I see a shitload of Bob McCown's radio show. Quality tv right there.
Bob McCown is a Cow

like your on tv and wearing sunglasses...looks like some twat from the Loony Tunes