PDA

View Full Version : Unions vs. Reds Reserve Game - Sat. May 28, 6:30 PM at Cherry Beach

Red CB Toronto
05-25-2011, 12:03 PM
With Saturday's game vs. Union being pushed up to 12:30, the reserve game scheduled for Sunday morning, has been moved up to 6:30 pm on Saturday. It will be taking place at Cherry Beach.

I know the Academy game is at going on at Lamport at 6:00 PM, so most will be there, just putting this info out there for anyone who is interested.

akoto
05-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks CBlake. I can't make the match at 12:30 due to work but can probably make it down to Cherry Beach in time for kick off at 6:30 so this is great.

JuliquE
05-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Are there stats. posted anywhere re: reserve team results?

Joe Kool
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Anyone know where they play at Cherry Beach? (ie directions) I have never been in that area before but maybe will take the kids down if the weather is good.

Red CB Toronto
05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Anyone know where they play at Cherry Beach? (ie directions) I have never been in that area before but maybe will take the kids down if the weather is good.

If you drive down Cherry Street, turn left at Unwin Avenue and go down a bit, the pitches will be on your left. The game is at the Cherry Beach Playing Fields, it is a pair of pitches side by side. Park on the west side of the fields, you most likely will notice a few charter buses in the parking lot for the teams.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=541&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cherry+beach+soccer&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=cherry+beach+soccer&hnear=0x89d4cb90d7c63ba5:0x323555502ab4c477,Toront o,+ON&cid=0,0,8650098100821951045&ei=hEXdTYbsMqfz0gG1iuDADw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDYQnwIwAw

Technorgasm
05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Will there be a Rave before hand?

Boots-boots-boots-boots-boots - Woommmmppp-womp-wooooompp.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f289/Jesh4fun/Moving%20GIFs/RAVE.gif

Joe Kool
05-25-2011, 01:42 PM
If you drive down Cherry Street, turn left at Unwin Avenue and go down a bit, the pitches will be on your left. The game is at the Cherry Beach Playing Fields, it is a pair of pitches side by side. Park on the west side of the fields, you most likely will notice a few charter buses in the parking lot for the teams.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=541&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cherry+beach+soccer&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=cherry+beach+soccer&hnear=0x89d4cb90d7c63ba5:0x323555502ab4c477,Toront o,+ON&cid=0,0,8650098100821951045&ei=hEXdTYbsMqfz0gG1iuDADw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDYQnwIwAw

Cool thanks dude.

prizby
05-26-2011, 12:07 AM
when was the game moved up to 12:30? it was always announced as a 1230 kickoff

Red CB Toronto
05-26-2011, 01:56 PM
when was the game moved up to 12:30? it was always announced as a 1230 kickoff

It was going to be at 7:30 PM but TSN choice to broadcast the Vancouver RBNY game as their national game so if TFC wanted their game on the air they had to move it, which they did.

prizby
05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
how come my ticket says 12:30 then?

goltv could have shown the match at 7:30...it is on goltv

markus
05-26-2011, 02:29 PM
...and because of TSN, Goltv and of course MLSE...for the second year in a row, i will miss the first half of uefa champions league final...thanks...

apologies for going off topic

Auzzy
05-26-2011, 02:37 PM
^ I think you can watch the Champions League final on the big screen at BMO, after the TFC game...

atlanticTFCfan
05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Are there stats. posted anywhere re: reserve team results?

Go here for that --> 2011 MLS Reserve League (http://www.mlssoccer.com/2011-reserve-league)

JuliquE
05-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Go here for that --> 2011 MLS Reserve League (http://www.mlssoccer.com/2011-reserve-league)
Thanks.

Hadn't thoroughly checked the site, but couldn't find it in the standings category and immediately gave up.

Technorgasm
05-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Jimmy!
My Jimmy Plata!
Runs down the wing for me !!
D-D-D-DO DO
D-D-D-DO DO
D-D-D-DO DO
D-D-D-DO DO
http://youtu.be/dvWKVt8e378 (http://youtu.be/dvWKVt8e378)

atlanticTFCfan
05-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks.

Hadn't thoroughly checked the site, but couldn't find it in the standings category and immediately gave up.

It's because it isn't. It's listed under Competitions.

phonzo
05-27-2011, 07:26 AM
shame its same time as the Academy game which a lot of folks have already committed to going...way to move it from Sunday

cincy
05-28-2011, 09:06 PM
hereis the lineup from tonights game which I was at:

from memory:

-------------Kocic----------------
Morgan - Attakora -- Henry -- Omphroy
------Gold -- ---------Sturgis----
-------------Cordon--------------
Tristan ?? --- Steph ?? --- Makubuya

Not sure who those forwards were with the ?? but thats what the players were calling them.

Score was nil - nil

Cordon hit the bar right before half.

Toronto controlled most of the play

possesion probably 60 - 40 in favor of Toronto

Kocic made some really nice important saves. Really impressed,

Nana -- Gold-- Sturgis really played well

Cordon had some nice touches/moves as well

Nana was really vocal out there

just my observations

profit89
05-28-2011, 09:43 PM

from memory:

Not sure who those forwards were with the ?? but thats what the players were calling them.

Score was nil - nil

just my observations

Thank you for the post.

Rocket Robin
05-28-2011, 09:44 PM
[quote=cincy;1308987]hereis the lineup from tonights game which I was at:

I expect Tristan Jackman and Stefan Vukovic (the guy who's had two hat tricks in three games). Both those guys were sorely missed in the Academy game against Ottawa at Lamport. In fact there were five of those guys at your game today. TFCA lost 2-1.

Details of the Academy game are now posted in the Canadian Soccer Forum under 'CSL Week 4' thread.

sashavukelich
05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
hey guys, how was the young kid Vukovic?

rocker
05-29-2011, 01:39 PM
How was Omphroy? I wanna know why he hasn't gotten into at least 1 MLS game yet.

sashavukelich
05-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Rocker bro, i think because he's behind Ecks. But I have a hard time believing he's not 2nd (talent wise)

phonzo
05-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Wish TFC would keep folks up to date on reserve results

jazzy
05-29-2011, 07:41 PM

from memory:

Score was nil - nil

just my observations

Stevan Vuckovic the super striker from academy was the forward but had no service at all mostly Cordon and Omphroy winging it all night...exciting

jazzy
05-29-2011, 07:52 PM
How was Omphroy? I wanna know why he hasn't gotten into at least 1 MLS game yet.

He was IMHO: great, and exciting,... stupid me kept on askin who was the defender who continually took on players 1 on 1 , and either ran with it up the wing or made nice soft passes into the middle, then I realised who it was Omph, that's what they were callin him.. tatto's abazin.....lol.....He seemed to fear noone....I would like to see him on our bench, remember the union had some full time players from the main game...He has a determined fire as does Cordon butCordon's still very light, which doesn't stop him though, he has balls, and took no shit.....which I think we are sadly lackin on the senior club

The way I feel now is put them in and get on with it, groom them, cause JDG, the time has come......

jazzy
05-29-2011, 07:58 PM
hey guys, how was the young kid Vukovic?

Vuckovic, didn't stand out as he does on the academy team: noone gave him any crosses like he was getting in the academy...no service....if we are going to play him like D.Dichio then we better think it through and get him the ball, cause he will deliver...all in all it seemed more of a winter type game with speed and ball control....down the wings, as well as using the midfield..more so than the seniors , for what it's worth again totally entertaining....what a change

cincy
05-30-2011, 08:45 AM
I agree with Jazzy, the forwards didn't stand out. But, TFC controlled the game very nicely and most of Phillys chances came in transition.

Omphroy played pretty well, as did Morgan. Gold was all over the place.

Kocic was man of the match for the quality saves.