PDA

View Full Version : Hucks and Dickov means we lose.....

Stugatzo
07-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Just a thought...but if talks today are successful and we secure these two (which would be nice), are we saying goodbye to Cunny (probably) and Edu (hopefully as he's been dreadful this season).
Who might we have to lose from the starting 11 to make room for them both?
Discuss...

noochie
07-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I think we lose Cunny and Dunny.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Agreed.
Edu isnt going anywhere, hes highstock with potential for the UK but doesnt have the needed caps yet. Dunny as mentioned several times previously, is expendable.

DOMIN8R
07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Robert and Cunny. We will need the cap space - me thinks.

Nodoubtguy
07-04-2008, 01:11 PM

Cunny - Yes, but no way Robert moves out this quickly.....

Marco2K
07-04-2008, 01:13 PM

I would hope Robert would be here for atleast one season. I think he is really getting killed by not having strong stiker.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 01:14 PM

Agreed, who would we replace him with on top of the fact that we'd be short a winger. Robert will rightfully stay.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 01:16 PM
dont forget we got something coming from Chicago and would be trading off Cunny and somebody, most likely for drafts and allocations (perhaps a player and/or roster slot, if thats possible)... so money isnt too much of a worry...

Nuvinho
07-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I think Cunny is gone for sure.

From Chicago, we may get a draft pick, allocation money, and another international spot.

noochie
It would seem that whomever goes, if they go via trade the most valuable players arguably are guys that have a lot of MLS experience. This would be a short list for TFC.

torfchamilton
Cunny for sure, but do we really need Harmse. I know he is Canadian, but other than that, he adds no value to the team.

rocker
07-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Dunny should have reasonable value, once he gets over this injury.

but we're gettin to the point where there isn't a heckuva lot of surplus you can cut from the senior roster. at some point the gains from transfers into TFC will be negligible unless we're talking a big shot DP.

I mean, ya, the team should always be upgrading. But at these relatively low salaries, I don't think you're gonna make too many massive upgrades any more without spending big bucks.

Northern Soul
07-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Cunny would be gone - I'd say likely to San Jose
And either Dunivant or Marshall.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Cunny for sure, but do we really need Harmse. I know he is Canadian, but other than that, he adds no value to the team.

Thats pretty much it, dudes a bench rider but has the experience and only costs 50k a year. also i may be wrong but cancon so he will stay...

djking2
07-04-2008, 01:22 PM
we list only 26 players on the current roster out of a possible 28

Damien
Correct me if im wrong, but don't we have an extra int'l slot because we traded Phelan to the Revs?

Anyone?

Ossington Mental Youth

i dont see Marshall who is basically a starter all the time and a rock in defence.

Ossington Mental Youth
Correct me if im wrong, but don't we have an extra int'l slot because we traded Phelan to the Revs?

Anyone?

yep but dont know if that means an extra roster spot on the senior team...

RealG-TFC
07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I just hope we get Huckerby and get rid of Cunny. Maybe he can do wonders for San Jose but it's been proven that he just doesn't fit in our team. Dickov I'm still not sold on.

Northern Soul
07-04-2008, 01:32 PM
i dont see Marshall who is basically a starter all the time and a rock in defence.

I do. Tebily has played well there. Marshall makes $150,000. Dunivant makes $104,000. That's a lot of coin in the MLS to help bring in a player.

rocker
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
yep but dont know if that means an extra roster spot on the senior team...

you guys are right.. they got an extra int "overlay", to put it a different way. But it doesn't increase the senior roster. the senior roster must be 18 guys.. rest are developmental salaries. so it's a way to designate a play for a senior roster spot, but it's not an added senior roster spot.

Nodoubtguy
07-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Marshall?? I'd rather see him stay.....send Cunny and Dunny.....what about Smith?? he's had no luck finding the back of the net.....

RealG-TFC
07-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Marshall?? I'd rather see him stay.....send Cunny and Dunny.....what about Smith?? he's had no luck finding the back of the net.....

True, but he is pretty skilled. Entertaining at least.

Nodoubtguy
07-04-2008, 01:40 PM
True, but he is pretty skilled. Entertaining at least.

but I'm looking at it if we had to choose between Marshall or Smith?? Obviously Cunny and Dunny look like the 2 to go, but what if a player comes over from CHI for Mcbride??

RealG-TFC
07-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Ugh, Chicago.

Broadview
07-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Dunnivant is handy...we'd miss him when Jimmy B is away qualifing. He's an adequate defender and winger as well. He won't miss any games due to call-ups either.

I like Marshall a lot, but right now we're most stacked with central defenders.

Plus, Marshall has been having a much better season this year than he did last year. His stock is pretty high right now in terms of trade value.

shwade
07-04-2008, 01:45 PM
No way we'll trade Smith...he's got a lot of potential and has been playing well for us this year.

invictusTFC
07-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that as of July 1st teams can no longer opt out of non-guaranteed contracts, which means that if they wanted to get rid of Robert the opportunity is gone. This means that the chance of Robert leaving is virtually none. Cunningham is the obvious choice; Dunnivant isn't safe either and if cap space becomes an issue Marshall can be added to that list as well.

Northern Soul
07-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Dunnivant is handy...we'd miss him when Jimmy B is away qualifing. He's an adequate defender and winger as well. He won't miss any games due to call-ups either.

Plus, Marshall has been having a much better season this year than he did last year. His stock is pretty high right now in terms of trade value.

That's what I was thinking. Plus, salary-wise, we'd have an extra $50,000 to work with (Marshall vs Dunivant)

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 02:12 PM
That's what I was thinking. Plus, salary-wise, we'd have an extra $50,000 to work with (Marshall vs Dunivant)

Only prob is that with our CBs we have 1 that has MLS experience, 1 is EPL quality (which is good but still doesnt know the league), 1 is USL background and one is a rookie... I still think Marshall will stay, especially as we have back ups for the Left back and right back roles...

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that as of July 1st teams can no longer opt out of non-guaranteed contracts, which means that if they wanted to get rid of Robert the opportunity is gone. This means that the chance of Robert leaving is virtually none. Cunningham is the obvious choice; Dunnivant isn't safe either and if cap space becomes an issue Marshall can be added to that list as well.

This is true but there is a hidden rule where a manager can extend the non-guaranteed date for 2 players on the roster. Of course, we don't know if that has been done or who would be in that boat.

If we can't opt out, then yes, trade or transfer is the only way.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Not saying its not possible, just saying that Dunny seems to be the one that has had the least field time and is most susceptible to a trade

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Not saying its not possible, just saying that Dunny seems to be the one that has had the least field time and is most susceptible to a trade

Completely agree. Dunny, Cunny and Marshall would be the obvious trade bait for teams looking for MLS experience.

Wooster_TFC
07-04-2008, 02:19 PM
It really depends on what we can get in the McBride deal, and what our salary cap situation. We're at 18 Senior Roster players and have no way of increasing that limit. International players aren't much of a problem.

As a note, there are two allowed exceptions for releasing non-guaranteed contracts past July 1st, only reason Cunningham is around in my opinion.

Here's what I think will happen (in order of likeliness).

Cunningham traded/released - not cutting it, and if we are bringing in two strikers (Hucks can play wing) then he's the most likely to go. He'll probably get released using one of the two exceptions since no one will want to take his salary on. Might get traded because he does count as an American.

Dunivant traded- Very useful player, American, so likely will get either picks or some allocation. Doubt we'd get both for him. I'm thinking allocation.

Marshall traded- Stock is high, counts as an American. I would same same sort of thing as Dunivant, get either picks or allocation for him, not both. Don't know that there's a huge market for an older CB though. Not very versatile.

Smith moved back to SD, Hemming/Lombardo moved to D/released: I really hope we don't end up going down this road again, but we might lose out on one of Hemming or Lombardo because of this.

Edu to UK - Doesn't have the caps yet, which might make this less plausible, but does he have the necessary caps after the Olympics?

Harmse traded - Assuming we go back to a 4-4-2, and Edu sticks around, Harmse becomes expendable with Guevara, Robinson, Edu in front of him in the CM position.

Robert released - Not going to get traded as I doubt anyone would give anything for him with the Int'l limits. Would have to use one of the two exceptions above. I believe the chance for this really depends on how Carver believes he's been playing. If he truly believes that he's not doing well because of a lack of a striker, then drop this down lower, if it's the opposite and he believes he's lazy, then move this up.

Ricketts released - see Robert above.

Dichio retires - Very low probability on this one, but if they bring in both Dickov and Huckerby, how much playing time do you think Dichio gets? Bring him on as a coach and let his groin get some much needed rest. It's MUCH more plausible that he is the bench striker for the other two though.

All of these are possibilities, although I think anything lower than Edu going to UK is a bit of a stretch.

MartinUtd
07-04-2008, 02:22 PM
We acquired an extra roster spot in the Phelan to New England deal so I am assuming it would just be Cunningham that gets the axe.

Robert isn't going anywhere due to the Carver connection
Edu is still a solid player who can develop further
Dunivant ads needed depth, he's only out for a month anyway

Wooster_TFC
07-04-2008, 02:25 PM
We acquired an extra roster spot in the Phelan to New England deal so I am assuming it would just be Cunningham that gets the axe.

Robert isn't going anywhere due to the Carver connection
Edu is still a solid player who can develop further

We didn't get an extra roster spot. We got an extra international "allocation". That means that of the 28 players on the roster, there's one more that can be international. We still have to deal with our completely full senior roster limit of 18 players. From my understanding there is absolutely no way to up the 18 Senior players, 10 dev players limits.

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:30 PM
We didn't get an extra roster spot. We got an extra international "allocation". That means that of the 28 players on the roster, there's one more that can be international. We still have to deal with our completely full senior roster limit of 18 players. From my understanding there is absolutely no way to up the 18 Senior players, 10 dev players limits.

You understand correctly sir.

Big Bruva
07-04-2008, 02:32 PM
So you lot are confident that Hucks is signing?

Robert isn't going anywhere.

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:33 PM

out with it then Bruva... you wouldn't be here if you didn't already know ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Not that confident (made mention of it in that other thread).
Id rather see Hucks then Dickov, especially as San Jose doesnt have much to offer...
Unless Mo has something up his sleeve for a proper DP.

invictusTFC
07-04-2008, 02:41 PM

I agree, I'm sure he's not very happy with the reduced minutes this season. I'll give him credit though, he isn't sitting there whining about it and he usually plays well when he comes on. However, Dunny knows he can be a starter on a lot of other teams in this league. He might welcome a trade.

Northern Soul
07-04-2008, 02:42 PM

More hopeful than confident. What's the word, BB? You tell no lies!

Wooster_TFC
07-04-2008, 02:42 PM

Good to know Robert isn't going anywhere, considering I love the guy and believe that if we can have him and Ricketts playing as out-and-out wingers then we'll be a nasty attack force. It's so frustrating to see perfect through balls getting screwed up by Cunny time and again.

As for Hucks, this conversation it doesn't really matter who's signing, just an interesting discussion on who might be on the way out IF someone signs (for me anyways).

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Bruva, if Hucks has already been signed... blink twice.

invictusTFC
07-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I was hoping that Mo would work some of his magic and land a DP type forward, but either Dickov or Hucks or both would be an improvement on what we've got.

noochie
07-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I was hoping that Mo would work some of his magic and land a DP type forward, but either Dickov or Hucks or both would be an improvement on what we've got.

Me too. The problem with doing that now is that it is open season for most other leagues as well so the competition is way too stiff. I think MLS teams have a better chance of landing a big fish in the winter windows.

Big Bruva
07-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Bruva, if Hucks has already been signed... blink twice.

I blinked once lol

Big Bruva
07-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Dickov would not be a bad addition but not as a DP

Paul has not trained for awhile so it might take him time to get match fit if he does sign.

Tell you something, a lot of players don't like the turf and its very hard on the body.

noochie
07-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I blinked once lol

Just remember that when the bird lands, Canary is the magic word. ;);)

kitchener-TFC
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I also think so.

Robert shouldn't leave. He sets up so many plays, and Carver/MOJO know it.

Marshall is a quality defender. Why would we give him up, when Dunivant can go?

How does Dunivant add depth? (I don't want to sound like a dick, but this is an honest question:p)

BTW, this question may sound very stupid to most of you guys, but how do some clubs have so much $$, while others have very little? (I'm still learning:o)

ComeonyouReds
07-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Please Christ, Dichio!!!

olegunnar
07-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Tell you something, a lot of players don't like the turf and its very hard on the body.

We should have this tacked at the top :p

invictusTFC
07-04-2008, 03:39 PM
If Hucks doesn't sign it has to be because of the turf.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:39 PM
How does Dunivant add depth? (I don't want to sound like a dick, but this is an honest question:p)

Dunivant can play both LB and LM. He's not Wynne fast, but fast enough to cause problems. He's got a decent cross. He's only 28, where Marshall is 32 (I think). Plenty of reasons to keep him IMO.

Marshall has been fairly solid for us, but with Tebily and James coming through and Velez performing as well as he is, I'd say we have a surplus of CB's rather than left sided players.

CretanBull
07-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Dickov would not be a bad addition but not as a DP

I've always liked Dickov, but you know the way he plays...don't you think he'd be a red card waiting to happen considering how MLS refs have a habbit of punishing physical players and rewarding divers?

A lot of players...and Huckerby is openly one of them :(

werewolf
07-04-2008, 03:42 PM
if he is going to San Jose, thats the first thing they should show him...grass...

TFC OZZ
07-04-2008, 03:46 PM
maybe Mo will try and get an international roster slot from Chicago thrown into any deal we make with them..

rocker
07-04-2008, 03:47 PM
altho they can't show him 20000 chanting fans on a decent team (mainly cuz they are in last place, don't have that many fans in little Buck Shaw, and San jose doesn't have a home game for awhile ;)

Funny thing is, the practice field at Buck Shaw is field turf...

Nuvinho
If Hucks really wants to go to San Jose b/c of grass........we should get the rights to Ali Gerba plus some for him.

Ossington Mental Youth
Dunivant can play both LB and LM. He's not Wynne fast, but fast enough to cause problems. He's got a decent cross. He's only 28, where Marshall is 32 (I think). Plenty of reasons to keep him IMO.

Marshall has been fairly solid for us, but with Tebily and James coming through and Velez performing as well as he is, I'd say we have a surplus of CB's rather than left sided players.

only issue with this is when Wynne goes for a month, Velez will be slotted in his position and then we will be down one more CB. I do see the arguement however im still thinking Dunny will go.

woolly
07-04-2008, 03:56 PM
If Hucks really wants to go to San Jose b/c of grass........we should get the rights to Ali Gerba plus some for him.

Funny, I was just thinking this. I would be Ok with this...

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Funny, I was just thinking this. I would be Ok with this...

Dunno, Gerbas track record with the MLS is shakey (as is most of his non-national career). If Mo wanted Gerba, we prob would have signed him last season or the start of this one...

Ossington Mental Youth
07-04-2008, 05:35 PM
So with Lombardo gone, that means Smith can be moved to developmental roll opening up a senior roster spot... Mind you if Huckerby signs for San Jose... Mos got summat up his sleeve...

zeelaw
07-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Edu doesnt deserve to go... :|

hes ha had a poor season but dont be so radical

Big Bruva
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I've always liked Dickov, but you know the way he plays...don't you think he'd be a red card waiting to happen considering how MLS refs have a habbit of punishing physical players and rewarding divers?

A lot of players...and Huckerby is openly one of them :(

Yeah Dickov would have to get used to the refs thats for sure.

Huck does not like the turf at all.

ExiledRed
07-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Edu doesnt deserve to go... :|

hes ha had a poor season but dont be so radical

I agree, he's stumbled a bit, but he's not fallen and he still has a ton of talent to develop. He just needs to play more confidently, and stop fumbling like a nervous kid on his first match.

When he plays like a professional soccer player in his early twenties, he's actually pretty good.

noochie
07-04-2008, 07:32 PM
altho they can't show him 20000 chanting fans on a decent team (mainly cuz they are in last place, don't have that many fans in little Buck Shaw, and San jose doesn't have a home game for awhile ;)

It was at Norwich also...

Derko
07-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't know, but FIFA has approved our turf, so fuck off, it is the way of the future like it or not, too many fucking Beckhamish ego's around isn't there!!!
I guess Huckerby doesn't want to play in Toronto. Players have to want to play here, no?

noochie
07-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't know, but FIFA has approved our turf, so fuck off, it is the way of the future like it or not, too many fucking Beckhamish ego's around isn't there!!!
I guess Huckerby doesn't want to play in Toronto. Players have to want to play here, no?

I'm with ya Derko... however the sad truth is that perception = reality.

I go to San Jose a few times a year... it ain't all roses and sunshine. We are talking bay area climate and the city itself doesn't have a whole lot to offer. Beaches and such are a hike also. Don't get me wrong it is still nice however it certainly is nothing like San Diego and LA...

IMO Toronto is a far more diverse and fun place to be, I may be a little on the biased side though :)

ManUtd4ever
07-04-2008, 07:52 PM

Initially, I agreed with you. However TFC is now in it's second season and it's become apparent that notable players (Becks, DeRo, Hucks, etc.) have an issue with Fieldturf. I didn't have a problem with it until the CMNT and prospective free agents had a problem. The reality is that TFC is representing a world class city in a second rate facility...

noochie
07-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Initially, I agreed with you. However TFC is now in it's second season and it's become apparent that notable players (Becks, DeRo, Hucks, etc.) have an issue with Fieldturf. I didn't have a problem with it until the CMNT and prospective free agents had a problem. The reality is that TFC is representing a world class city in a second rate facility...

Bingo! FieldTurf could be like dancing on a fluffy cloud but who gives a shit when no one will play on it.

Rawkus_420
07-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I would hope Robert would be here for atleast one season. I think he is really getting killed by not having strong stiker.

Absolutely agree, whoever thinks robert will be moving is retarded..and I mean that, refer back to this post if Im wrong , but I assure you Im not. Although he is lazy on defence, he is a better player when he tries than most on the field. He is a good shot , not as good as it once was obviously. He gives great crosses and balls forward and .

I agree that if we have two quality guys up front (Dickov & and hucks) he will be getting a ton of assists, or at least getting a decent ball when he makes runs, and Im sure he'll be more tempted to make these runs, knowing he can get a quality ball back. Not like fuckin cunny who just gets a pass and runs into a corner and loses it.

Robert will stay...end of rant..

Smenge
07-04-2008, 09:07 PM
BMO is as attractive as a crumbling Serie C stadium in a Milan suburb. Compare it to anything being built, or proposed, eg: red bull stadium, and you get the picture....it is bush league. The turf is used throughout Europe on training grounds, and the players hate the shit. I hope these players sign elsewhere, and publicly state the turf as the reason for skipping town. Only a fool would have designed the field with the stuff, but MLSE only knows how to spend money foolishly, aka new defenceman Finger. What a joke.
They have money to burn, but if Mo even mentions the turf to a top flight striker, or to his agent, they will hang up. So we get Championship cast offs as our only hope for a goal.

rocker
07-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Only a fool would have designed the field with the stuff, but MLSE only knows how to spend money foolishly, aka new defenceman Finger. What a joke.

that fool got us a stadium with public money using the "community use" argument predicating the installation of field turf. you should thank the fool ;)

everyone has this revisionist history going on when it comes to field turf... and also a lack of patience, since we're only through 1.5 seasons... as if we were supposed to attract Premiership players by now.

bangersandmash
07-04-2008, 09:19 PM
everyone has this revisionist history going on when it comes to field turf... and also a lack of patience, since we're only through 1.5 seasons... as if we were supposed to attract Premiership players by now.

Rocker... you nailed it. Patience.

Smenge
07-04-2008, 09:19 PM
MLSE had options. One was to build their own stadium, the other, to use government funds to lure stupid politicians into a deal that would save mlse money. Nobody believed for a minute that bmo was going to be used by community groups. See any kids using the stadium, who other than TFC uses the stadium on a regular basis? Nobody. What happened, is that MLSE did not have any inkling how popular soccer is in Toronto. If they had a chance to do it again, they would have built something far different than bmo. Take a look at the new red bull stadium, and tell me that it does not blow bmo away. MLSE has more liquid capital than any other sports entertainment company in north america. Nobody is expecting a rooney in toronto, but with dp money to burn, there must be something better out there than a 35 year old bum with bad knees.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-05-2008, 02:47 AM
MLSE had options. One was to build their own stadium, the other, to use government funds to lure stupid politicians into a deal that would save mlse money. Nobody believed for a minute that bmo was going to be used by community groups. See any kids using the stadium, who other than TFC uses the stadium on a regular basis? Nobody. What happened, is that MLSE did not have any inkling how popular soccer is in Toronto. If they had a chance to do it again, they would have built something far different than bmo. Take a look at the new red bull stadium, and tell me that it does not blow bmo away. MLSE has more liquid capital than any other sports entertainment company in north america. Nobody is expecting a rooney in toronto, but with dp money to burn, there must be something better out there than a 35 year old bum with bad knees.

They didnt.
We could have shared a stadium with the argos in north york.
We didnt.
Get over it.
Shit will change.
It wont be immediate.
GET OVER IT, THIS IS NOT THE LEAFS, SHIT WILL CHANGE.
Call me in 10 years if things havent changed, i feel like im trapped in some drum circle ("Corporations are bad, They want to screw us all").
No, im not being paid by MLSE to post this.

Bobo
07-05-2008, 10:17 AM

James can play LB too, but ye, I'd rather see Marshall go than Dunny. I think Tebily is quality enough to take Marshall's spot. (It's funny how Velez is near untouchable and preferred CB after the shtick he got at the beginning of the season)

Jimmy The Saint
07-05-2008, 02:23 PM
[quote=Smenge;74898] aka new defenceman Finger. What a joke.
quote]

Avalanche Fan over here - you got a great player, watched 82 games last season with him. But I'll save that for the Hockey Threads. (Leafs fans need to get a grip - Buy! No Sell! No Buy! Rebuild! No wait !)

Anywho - I don't like the idea of Dunny going anywhere; he comes of the becnh witha lot of heart and has been Brennan-esque when he does.

Cunny has to go; he dissapinted last season and continues to do so.

I say move Robbo, drop Edu back on the formation and slot in Smith. Robbo's value is going to do nothing but drop, and someone will pay his current salary to have him.

Huckerby---Dichio
Robert--Smith--Edu--Guevara
Wynne--Velez--Marshall--Brennan
Sutton

rocker
07-05-2008, 03:15 PM
who other than TFC uses the stadium on a regular basis? Nobody. .

Wrong. The place is booked solid with community groups in the summer and winter.
you must be thinking of some other stadium ;)

source: http://www.soccer.on.ca/osn.nsf/d188123c6993da908525681d005f31e3/bfc164ce08aa939a85257308005c5488?OpenDocument

Smenge
07-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I was obviously wrong about the groups using bmo. Perhaps I will rent it out myself for one hour. I hear you can piss on the rubber and watch it bubble up for hours afterwards.

I like MLSE, but I like great soccer better, and that, is still years away.

rocker
07-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I like MLSE, but I like great soccer better, and that, is still years away.

patience young grasshopper. the squad and the stadium haven't even been in operation for "years" (more like a year and a half)...
everyone wants everything so fast these days..........

Azerban
07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Compare it to anything being built, or proposed, eg: red bull stadium, and you get the picture....it is bush league.

Take a look at the new red bull stadium, and tell me that it does not blow bmo away.

hey i hear they are looking for some fans to fill it http://rpbniagara.com/emotes/frogout.gif

Smenge
07-05-2008, 08:03 PM
It is surprising that New York City has so few MLS supporters. MLS needs that city, LA and Chicago to be successful. The new stadium will be a big draw (they hope).

RealG-TFC
07-05-2008, 08:10 PM
^^ Maybe because it's not in New York City.

Smenge
07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Where is it, Peru????

S_D
07-05-2008, 08:32 PM
May as well be. Its in New Jersey

TFC Via Buffalo
07-06-2008, 11:24 AM
May as well be. Its in New Jersey

Don't diss Peru like that. Nobody deserves to be compared to that cesspool.

Smenge
07-06-2008, 03:13 PM
If TFC moved to a new facility in King City, would they change the name to
KFC? The new field is considered part of the greater NYC area.

bangersandmash
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
^^ Maybe because it's not in New York City.

Good old Red Bulls New York, a team so bad that New York won't let them play within city limits and New Jersey will only let them play in their swamps under the condition of anonymity.

S_D
07-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Don't diss Peru like that. Nobody deserves to be compared to that cesspool.

haha so true. My apologies to any Peruvians reading this thread.

Cashcleaner
07-07-2008, 12:56 AM
There's no way that we'll part with Robert after having him here only a few months. Cunningham is probably on his last legs with Toronto, and while I could say Dichio might be showcased for a trade, he has made it very clear that he wants to retire here and possibly coach in North America. I think Dichio will be with Toronto for quite some time.

Wooster_TFC
07-07-2008, 06:58 AM
New York/New Jersey MetroStars for the win!

Canary Connection
07-09-2008, 04:22 AM

It was at Norwich also...

Norwich have an indoor training facility as required by the rules for an FA Academy. The fieldturf would only be used for training as a last resort.

I suspect Hucks' problems with the turf are less to do with the damage to his knees/hips and more to do with getting turf burns on his arms when he falls...and fall he will! As much as I want him to play for Toronto and think he would do very well, it doesn't take much more than a glance to make him drop...espeecially anywhere near the area.

Having said that he's still got enough going for him to be an exciting and productive player in the MLS.

He's not an out and out striker though or a left midfielder...something in between. He loves to hang out on the left touchline and make runs on the counter. He dislikes tracking back though so you'll need a LB and LM there too. Best formation would be a 4-4-1 and then hucks floating on the left somewhere!

As for Dickov...few players annoy me more than the Dick! Maybe not a bad thing if he's on your team! ;)

On the ball city!