PDA

View Full Version : Ruud Van Nistelrooy to TFC?

DichioTFC
05-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Unfounded rumour, but he's a free agent, still serviceable (Chelsea, AC Milan wanted him in January) and with a Dutch coaching staff, this seems like a perfect fit.

http://www.sesselsportverein.de/Euro2008/RuudvanNistelrooy.jpg

Wild speculation begins here.

rocktml
05-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Stop dreaming

END THREAD/

Whoop
05-24-2011, 10:51 AM
He's going to sign with Malaga.

Belfast_Boy
05-24-2011, 10:52 AM
will he "tear this league apart?"

Gazza
05-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't see him signing for any other team but TFC. He's been groomed his whole life for this opportunity.

I didn't believe it when the other 20 similar threads were started, but i strongly believe it now.

mastermixer
05-24-2011, 10:53 AM
He will rip this league a new one.

TFCRegina
05-24-2011, 10:54 AM

Like Thierry Henry, Mista, Freddie L, Davy B, etc.

Suds
05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.blogto.com/listings/restaurants/upload/2010/06/201068-dutch-dreams-outside.jpg

mastermixer
05-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Like Thierry Henry, Mista, Freddie L, Davy B, etc.

I was being sarcastic. He aint coming to Toronto.

Azerban
05-24-2011, 10:57 AM
he's always said toronto fc was his boyhood club, i'd mark this down as a definite

Parkdale
05-24-2011, 10:59 AM
i'd mark this down as a definite

a definite what?

TFCRegina
05-24-2011, 11:00 AM
a definite what?

A definite rumour that doesn't pan out.

Azerban
05-24-2011, 11:00 AM
a definite what?

i don't know, i didn't really think that far ahead

Gazza
05-24-2011, 11:01 AM
I think he's waiting on Diego Forlan to sign before he commits.

drewski
05-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Unfounded rumour, but he's a free agent, still serviceable (Chelsea, AC Milan wanted him in January) and with a Dutch coaching staff, this seems like a perfect fit.

Wild speculation begins here.

you explained why this rumour will only be that, a rumour.

Parkdale
05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
So the logic behind this is:

a - he's dutch (and we have a dutch coach)
b - he's better than the people currently on our team (and we'll drop talent for unproven promise, like we did to Sam Cronin)
c - he might be available, and looking for some millions (which we have)

jabbronies
05-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I think he's waiting on Diego Forlan to sign before he commits.

New thread idea! "Diego Forlan to TFC"

Version 47 of "RVN to TFC" just isn't as fun anymore

Gazza
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
New thread idea! "Diego Forlan to TFC"

Version 47 of "RVN to TFC" just isn't as fun anymore

Rock, paper, scissors for who starts it??

Parkdale
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM

:smilielol5:

I love how the punchline showed up BEFORE the fodder. We're really that predictable?

Jack
05-24-2011, 11:17 AM
As crazy as it sounds, I've actually heard a murmuring of this from a "source".

I believe the tires are being kicked on this one, though whether that will lead to anything further is a different story.

Nodoubtguy
05-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I'll just say that I wouldn't be super shocked if this happened.....

Belfast_Boy
05-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Seedorf is coming too! they will take turns tearing the league apart.

looks like we're all going Dutch!

Parkdale
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM

I'd be super shocked if it does.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a real offer from our club that he's looking at...... but until he signs on the dotted line..... I'm doubtful.

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM

I believe the tires are being kicked on this one, though whether that will lead to anything further is a different story.

I imagine fans would probably be surprised to know the real list of DP-worthy players TFC have inquired about signing. All we ever hear is the murmurs.

- Scott

Auzzy
05-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Why isn't this listed as definite in RVN's Wikipedia page yet? Man, we're getting slow... ;)

Jack
05-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I imagine fans would probably be surprised to know the real list of DP-worthy players TFC have inquired about signing. All we ever hear is the murmurs.

- Scott

I don't doubt it. The problem is, you can't let on who your inquiring after because the rumours would be too out of control.

Anyway, this isn't "wild" speculation this time, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Parkdale
05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I imagine fans would probably be surprised to know the real list of DP-worthy players TFC have inquired about signing.

It costs us nothing to pitch them an offer.

Australia had a bid on the 2022 World Cup - that didn't pass the first round.

I have a feeling that's how a lot of world class DP's field their offers.

mastermixer
05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Oooooh... this thread is gaining some momentum! lol

TFCRegina
05-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Why isn't this listed as definite in RVN's Wikipedia page yet? Man, we're getting slow... ;)

Remember last year when someone reported Adriano had signed and changed the wiki page as a joke? What an asshole he was...so funny though.

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 11:29 AM

I have no expectations of it happening, but I also wouldn't be shocked if it did.

The mere fact that Ruud drew interest from the likes of Chelsea doesn't necessarily mean anything in and of itself. It's not like Beckham had nowhere else to go when he signed for LA.

A league like MLS carries some positives for aging stars like Ruud.

- Scott

Gazza
05-24-2011, 11:30 AM

- Scott

I'm pretty sure MLSE said to Mariner to get a big name in here in the summer to boost interest again. I'd like to know how much money they're throwing about when they're kicking tires.

Phil
05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I would imagine there are a lot of names that TFC are targeting and contract situations would make RVN a potential candidate.

As it stands I wouldn't get too excited until there is some kind of confirmation and that is a long way out on any DP right now.

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't doubt it. The problem is, you can't let on who your inquiring after because the rumours would be too out of control.

Oh no doubt. I get why the club can't really be transparent about who they are pursuing.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure MLSE said to Mariner to get a big name in here in the summer to boost interest again. I'd like to know how much money they're throwing about when they're kicking tires.

Winter has openly admitted that they are looking for a DP, but only if it's someone that fits what they are trying to build - not just bringing in a recognizeable name for the sake of it.

I'd be pretty disappointed if MLSE were pressuring them to do the latter.

- Scott

Oblio2
05-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Damn...beat me to it

Gazza
05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Winter has openly admitted that they are looking for a DP, but only if it's someone that fits what they are trying to build - not just bringing in a recognizeable name for the sake of it.

- Scott

Oh, i'd be gutted if it turns out to be just a "name." Until a serviceable DP who can make our team better gets signed, i have no faith in MLSE's mandate.

Winter can't really come out and say "we are going to go out and land a DP passed his prime that will sell more tickets and shirts."

But my fingers are crossed that they get this one right this summer.

ManUtd4ever
05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't see him signing for any other team but TFC. He's been groomed his whole life for this opportunity.

I didn't believe it when the other 20 similar threads were started, but i strongly believe it now.

http://www.blogto.com/listings/restaurants/upload/2010/06/201068-dutch-dreams-outside.jpg

he's always said toronto fc was his boyhood club, i'd mark this down as a definite

LOL, exactly...

ManUtd4ever
05-24-2011, 11:48 AM

Don't tease us!

Jack
05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Don't tease us!

Well, so far it's all I've got. I don't think it's beyond the tire-kicking stage yet and whether it ever goes past that remains to be seen.

But this is the type of player they are looking into on a regular basis.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-24-2011, 11:51 AM

Ditto. I've heard the same chatter.

Don't really know why anyone of his quality would want to come here but…

Belfast_Boy
05-24-2011, 11:51 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/no_geezers_tshirt-p235032427348610001q6ct_416.jpg

Gazza
05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Well, so far it's all I've got. I don't think it's beyond the tire-kicking stage yet and whether it ever goes past that remains to be seen.

But this is the type of player they are looking into on a regular basis.

But we're not talking Paul Dickov here right? ;)

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Ugh, don't remind me of the Paul Dickov saga again. What a sad, sad summer that was, as we waited with baited breath for PAUL DICKOV to decide whether he would grace us with his skills.

- Scott

phonzo
05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
my usually little birdie mentioned there was a lot of chatter but he is bent on staying in euro. Word is he was engaged and asked though....least thats what my little birdie said.

DangerRed
05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Ugh, don't remind me of the Paul Dickov saga again. What a sad, sad summer that was, as we waited with baited breath for PAUL DICKOV to decide whether he would grace us with his skills.

- Scott

Therein lies the rub. Paul Dickov ducked this "opportunity" and since then the club has only played worse. What makes people think someone huge would want to come here? Mind you, RVN is old, so that might be different. But then again, wasn't Dickov a geezer too?

Couchy81
05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
In the words of the great Sam Roberts:

"There must be something in the air, in the air,
Some kind of answer to my prayers, to my prayers,
I've been dying since the day I was born,
Cause there's no Ruud, that ain't a hard Ruud to travel on"

Parkdale
05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I heard Zidane was going to play for the Chicago Fire.

yep... that was a 'credible' rumor from a few years ago.

MartinUtd
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Therein lies the rub. Paul Dickov ducked this "opportunity" and since then the club has only played worse. What makes people think someone huge would want to come here? Mind you, RVN is old, so that might be different. But then again, wasn't Dickov a geezer too?

Slight difference. Dickov was not going to get DP money. However RVN is the same age that Dickov was when we started courting him (35.. RVN is 35 this July).

drewski
05-24-2011, 12:53 PM
since we're wildly speculating RvN, since they're also dutch, can we also get Sneijder & vdV in MF, Steklenburg between the posts (sorry Frei) and Heitinga & Mathijsen in the back field?

Jack
05-24-2011, 12:56 PM
since we're wildly speculating RvN, since they're also dutch, can we also get Sneijder & vdV in MF, Steklenburg between the posts (sorry Frei) and Heitinga & Mathijsen in the back field?

As has already been mentioned, the speculation isn't exactly "wild" as overtures were, indeed, made to RVN, who indicated he'd rather stay in Europe.

The other guys you mention are all in their primes and still playing on big clubs, so the scenarios are quite different.

I understand that you are trying to be sarcastic and make fun of the thread, but the players you mention are a lot further of a stretch than a 35-year-old who's out of contract.

Whoop
05-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I remember the guy who scored this goal 16 years ago today was rumoured to come here.

Oi8MMBHSgS8

ExiledRed
05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
As has already been mentioned, the speculation isn't exactly "wild" as overtures were, indeed, made to RVN, who indicated he'd rather stay in Europe.

The other guys you mention are all in their primes and still playing on big clubs, so the scenarios are quite different.

I understand that you are trying to be sarcastic and make fun of the thread, but the players you mention are a lot further of a stretch than a 35-year-old who's out of contract.

Its amazing how self-effacing this supportership is, and how mediocrity is almost demanded.

We cant say a name that is even marginally recognisable would EVER be signed by this club because "WE ARE IN A PERPETUAL STATE OF BELIEF IN OUR INFERIORITY TO THE POINT THAT IT HAS BECOME A CHERISHED PART OF OUR IDENTITY"

MLSE has to sign a player like this or this franchise is toast, so buck up and start getting used to the idea that we can have a big name just like any other MLS team can, please.

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 01:09 PM

In fairness, Dickov wasn't being pursued as a DP - he was just going to be a regular signing. It also became pretty clear that Dickov was just using TFC's offers as a bargaining chip to extract a better offer from Leicester City. I imagine that's probably pretty common for MLS teams trying to sign European players.

- Scott

Jack
05-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I remember the guy who scored this goal 16 years ago today was rumoured to come here.

That was one hell of a team.

Jack
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Its amazing how self-effacing this supportership is, and how mediocrity is almost demanded.

We cant say a name that is even marginally recognisable would EVER be signed by this club because "WE ARE IN A PERPETUAL STATE OF BELIEF IN OUR INFERIORITY TO THE POINT THAT IT HAS BECOME A CHERISHED PART OF OUR IDENTITY"

MLSE has to sign a player like this or this franchise is toast, so buck up and start getting used to the idea that we can have a big name just like any other MLS team can, please.

I espouse this line of thinking.

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM

How did you possibly draw this from what Jack said?

You can still hope your club shoots for the stars when it comes to signing European talent, yet also keep an even keel when it comes to your expectations. Those two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

I want TFC to sign a major name who can be a major impact player for our team. I also understand that there are roadbloacks to attracting those players.

I'm tired of how that gets stigmatized as being "happy with mediocrity" by people who simply want to browbeat others into submission.

- Scott

Gazza
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM

Until there is evidence that we can do better in the DP department than Mista or JDG, people are always going to poke fun.

No one is demanding mediocrity. But we're not even in the position to settle for mediocrity. We're so far behind mediocrity it's not funny.

I do think we need to sign a big name player who still has more to give. I just don't see it happening due to our track record of signings.

Whoop
05-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Just wanted an excuse to post it. And I love the commentator practically breaking down in tears after they scored.

It would be great that one day TFC could elicit that same kind of passion.

Gazza
05-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Just wanted an excuse to post it. And I love the commentator practically breaking down in tears after they scored.

You just want to hear Dobson cry.

Jack
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
How did you possibly draw this from what Jack said?

You can still hope your club shoots for the stars when it comes to signing European talent, yet also keep an even keel when it comes to your expectations. Those two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

I want TFC to sign a major name who can be a major impact player for our team. I also understand that there are roadbloacks to attracting those players.

I'm tired of how that gets stigmatized as being "happy with mediocrity" by people who simply want to browbeat others into submission.

- Scott

My interpretation of what he said was that we aren't out to lunch by mentioning names like RVN and that we should expect bigger things from our management. Despite being 35, RVN can still put the ball in the net and would look great in red. I'd take him in a heartbeat if we could get him, though I understand his desire to stay over in Europe.

Speaking from a realistic point of view, we aren't going to get Van De Vaart or Sneijder or players of their ilk here in Toronto. They are playing on Champions League teams. But Ruud or someone more long the lines of Juan Pablo Angel or Rafael Marquez would both be great acquisitions.

Jack
05-24-2011, 01:24 PM

This one's pretty awesome, too.
Y9KctUnU9WM

ExiledRed
05-24-2011, 01:26 PM
yeah i quoted Jack because I was agreeing with him.

Sorry to cause confusion.

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM

Ahh okay, my apologies. :D

- Scott

Gazza
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
This one's pretty awesome, too.
Y9KctUnU9WM

Now, was that REALLY necessary?? ;)

Gazza
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM

I knew what you were doing, and i appreciate your passion.

ExiledRed
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM

- Scott

Its not a case of getting a 'recognizable name for the sake of it' unless you think improving this teams image and reputation and reinvigorating the stadium shouldn't be a priority for MLSE.

I agree there are probably a lot of more obscure signings that would be of greater benefit.

I dont trust this management to be able to figure out who they are, and I dont see such a signing affecting the bottom line.

Shakes McQueen
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Its not a case of getting a 'recognizable name for the sake of it' unless you think improving this teams image and reputation and reinvigorating the stadium shouldn't be a priority for MLSE.

I agree there are probably a lot of more obscure signings that would be of greater benefit.

I dont trust this management to be able to figure out who they are, and I dont see such a signing affecting the bottom line.

Build a winning team, and those other things will take care of themselves. Winning fixes everything, as the saying goes.

- Scott

__wowza
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
oh boy!! another week on the boards, another "______ to TFC??" post.
why do we have these constant speculation threads going? there's no proof or news citing this, nothing linking him to the MLS, just someone posting "it'd be cool if.."

seriously, how many of us clicked on this because there was a nagging voice telling us that their might be some news of him coming to the club?

can't we just merge all of these into a single thread, or is it cool if we all just start posting individual threads about players we'd like to see on the team?

Jack
05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
oh boy!! another week on the boards, another "______ to TFC??" post.
why do we have these constant speculation threads going? there's no proof or news citing this, nothing linking him to the MLS, just someone posting "it'd be cool if.."

seriously, how many of us clicked on this because there was a nagging voice telling us that their might be some news of him coming to the club?

can't we just merge all of these into a single thread, or is it cool if we all just start posting individual threads about players we'd like to see on the team?

Some people who have "sources" have given some wind to this rumour, which makes it a bit more than a "wouldn't it be cool if" thread, though not by much :D

Jack
05-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Now, was that REALLY necessary?? ;)

After I posted, I realized it might be a sore spot for some. :D

denime
05-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Sunderland offered him 70 000 pounds per week, US$ 115 000.

We are taking around US$ 5 million per year.

I don't think greedy ML$E will pay so much no matter who the player is,at least not this year,maybe January 2012 when they know the number of ST sold for upcoming season.

FreekAce
05-24-2011, 02:00 PM
bit of catch 22 that, as signing a guy like rvn would boost those sales for sure.

Whoop
05-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Like I said he was just in Malaga to visit their facilities.

I love Toronto... but Malaga vs. Toronto?

http://www.europelifeofluxury.com/images/malaga_spain.jpg

phonzo
05-24-2011, 02:03 PM
the deal isn't happening though :)

and for those thinking MLSE won't spend the cache there is money allocated and approved for a DP and it's not just a couple of bucks.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Oddly enough i do believe Mariner/Winter could snag a guy like this AND MLSE would pay for it. Just dont think itll be RVN and im not entirely certain itll be anytime soon.

phonzo
05-24-2011, 02:05 PM
again..he was approached and the deal didn't work out unfortunately. Same with the last rumoured DP that came up..he's being signed elsewhere.

They are trying though.

Jeffro
05-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Like I said he was just in Malaga to visit their facilities.

I love Toronto... but Malaga vs. Toronto?

http://www.europelifeofluxury.com/images/malaga_spain.jpg

Man, do I have some great memories of this place.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Speaking from a realistic point of view, we aren't going to get Van De Vaart or Sneijder or players of their ilk here in Toronto. They are playing on Champions League teams. But Ruud or someone more long the lines of Juan Pablo Angel or Rafael Marquez would both be great acquisitions.

Unfortunately, Jack has hit the nail on the head. This league is only going to sign "past prime" European players, much like the old NASL. Out of contract, free agents looking for a pay check.

Look at the DPs of the recent past…Blanco, Henry, Freddie, Marquez. Not only are/were these guys on big pay packages, they carry big egos that aren't going to be satisfied by playing for lower table teams in European leagues. I'll go to America.…feed the bank account and the ego!

Don't get me wrong RVN would score goals but only for a season or two…tops.

MG42
05-24-2011, 02:31 PM
honestly can someone change the thread title lol

Belfast_Boy
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
is this here because rvn was at a tfc game recenty?

Yohan
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Unfortunately, Jack has hit the nail on the head. This league is only going to sign "past prime" European players, much like the old NASL. Out of contract, free agents looking for a pay check.

Look at the DPs of the recent past…Blanco, Henry, Freddie, Marquez. Not only are/were these guys on big pay packages, they carry big egos that aren't going to be satisfied by playing for lower table teams in European leagues. I'll go to America.…feed the bank account and the ego!

huh? plenty of DPs that aren't past their prime being signed

Alixir
05-24-2011, 03:02 PM
he would come here...play one game and say bugger this I'm outta here.

Whoop
05-24-2011, 03:07 PM

I'd take a young DP like Fredy Montero.

ExiledRed
05-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Any with names as recognisable as Ruud Van Nistelrooy, David Beckham or Thierry Henry?

Llungberg?

I'll be honest, I never heard of Hassli before two months ago.

Red Skies At Night
05-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Kieron (brittle) Dyer has gone on record recently as saying he would consider coming to the mls... :0

(ok, ok, I'll get my coat..)

prizby
05-24-2011, 04:03 PM
really? give me a fucking break...Winter has already asked about RVN and he has told Winter that he feels he can still kick it in Europe

Jack
05-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Have some fun, guys. What are some realistic prospects? A guy like RVN would certainly fit the bill.

__wowza
05-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I'd take a young DP like Fredy Montero.

i'm with this. i'm not mentioning montero specifically, but i've always been under the assumption that paying people to say stay here (instead of to come here) would be great motivation for any roster!

Any with names as recognisable as Ruud Van Nistelrooy, David Beckham or Thierry Henry?

say what you will, that man can still work a fucking dead ball.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Llungberg?

I'll be honest, I never heard of Hassli before two months ago.

That was my point, ER.

Anybody of significance that plays in the top leagues in the world isn't coming here to be a DP! Not in their prime.

If a DP signs from Europe, he's past his "best before date". Other than Golden Balls.

Originally Posted by Yohan

Like who,Yohan? Every time someone signs a DP I have to do a Wiki search!

Branko Bošković? Álvaro Fernández? David Ferreira? Fabián Castillo? Diego Chará? Álvaro Saborío?

I have to Wiki half of the teams they've played for!

That's not to say they aren't or won't become excellent players but they're not "household footy names". That was the point I was making.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Have some fun, guys. What are some realistic prospects? A guy like RVN would certainly fit the bill.

Not saying it's right (or bad) but RVN is the exact type of player a MLS DP contract will attract.

A little older, a little slower, a little closer to the end.

FreekAce
05-24-2011, 05:04 PM
rvn is in excellent physical condition though, older yes, but the man is a beast.

Alonso
05-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Re: Beckham...

say what you will, that man can still work a fucking dead ball.

His set piece the other day against KC was Redonkulous.

brad
05-24-2011, 07:16 PM
I think RVN would be a very frustrated player at TFC. He needs quality service in the 18 yard box to score, and he wouldn't get that here.

Oblio2
05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Robbie Fucking Keane

http://i55.tinypic.com/2arhgj.jpg

Damien
05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I heard they got Ruud to sign a contract, but when they looked at the signature line there was a middle finger drawn.

Carts
05-24-2011, 07:53 PM
I think RVN would be a very frustrated player at TFC. He needs quality service in the 18 yard box to score, and he wouldn't get that here.

Anyone see how frustrated Eckersley is getting with guys not moving or making the right pass...???

He's a kid... He's screaming at guys on the pitch to the point the mics are picking it up - and gesturing quite a bit...

Can you imagine how frustrated RVN would be with the same shit...???

Carts...

DichioTFC
05-24-2011, 08:06 PM
At least this isn't the Edgar Davids rumour thread.

http://www.thefootballexpress.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Edgar_Davids2.gif

DichioTFC
05-24-2011, 08:07 PM
and also, he's a free agent right now. so there's that (wouldn't cost TFC / MLS anything to sign him).

ArmenJBX
05-24-2011, 08:14 PM
------------------------Frei-----------------------
--Eckersley--Williams--------NewCB---Yourassowski
--------------------JDG----Tchani----------------
-----------------------NewAM--------------------
-NewRW----------------Ruud------------Plata----

Yohan
05-24-2011, 08:21 PM
------------------------Frei-----------------------
--Eckersley--Williams--------NewCB---Yourassowski
--------------------JDG----Tchani----------------
-----------------------NewAM--------------------
-NewRW----------------Ruud------------Plata----
no peterson? awwww.... ;)

denime
05-24-2011, 08:37 PM

This,

RVN doesn't want to look like idiot making a good $$ and not being able to produce what he is expected as DP.

The question all DP's with reputation and well known name are asking is: who is going to pass to me?

Unfortunately TFC answers are: hmmmm, well we have ______:facepalm: , ______:facepalm:and _______:facepalm: to pass ball to you?

ArmenJBX
05-24-2011, 08:38 PM
no peterson? awwww.... ;)

I figure we need to trade Peterson over to Germany in order to get Van Nistelrooy.

We have to be realistic here people! We can't have TWO incredible players in one side!

TFC OZZ
05-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Robbie Fucking Keane

http://i55.tinypic.com/2arhgj.jpg

I've been saying they should sign him for quite some time. I honestly love Robbie Keane.

ExiledRed
05-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I've been saying they should sign him for quite some time. I honestly love Robbie Keane.

Yeah but red shirts make him crap.

bgnewf
05-24-2011, 09:37 PM
I have been speaking about him (Ruud boy!) for a while now, using him as an example of the type of player that I think TFC can at least aspire to sign. I get shouted down each time I bring it up but still I think that we can aspire to guys like this rather than retreads like fucking Robert or Mista!

Los Angeles and New York are not the only two decent cities in MLS! I get the attraction of those clubs/locations but both are pretty full up on DP's right now.

No idea on if he would even consider it, but TFC is a club with a lot going for it.

ensco
05-25-2011, 06:19 AM
I want him here only if we promise to use his nickname from the British Tabs:

Horse Face van Diver

Shakes McQueen
05-25-2011, 06:33 AM
I want him here only if we promise to use his nickname from the British Tabs:

Horse Face van Diver

Anyone else want to get a Horse Face van Diver TFC kit with me? LOL

- Scott

Whoop
06-02-2011, 12:38 PM