PDA

View Full Version : Older TFC Kits?

Yeoman
05-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah I wasn't sure where to put it *shrug*
Move away if needed.
Looking for the older TFC kits. no not the ones that say Toronto FC on the front, but that style
http://www.soccer.com/Images/Catalog/ProductImages/600/233429.SC.JPG
you know that one! i need it in an adult large
anyone have any ideas? i hadn't seen it around any place i've checked out in london.

Island Man
05-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I've got tha one :cool:

adamdz
05-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't know any stores off the top of my head.

Unless someone posts a source search on ebay (http://www.ebay.ca/), kijiji (http://toronto.kijiji.ca/), cragislist (http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/)

Found a large longsleeve one on kijiji, or small short sleeve (I think its the same one?): HERE (http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-clothing-mens-TORONTO-FC-ADIDAS-JERSEY-BRAND-NEW-WITH-TAGS-W0QQAdIdZ281821249)

Maybe give a call to national sports, I don't know if they would still carry this one.

MartinUtd
05-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Check National. I got the grey long sleeve of that kit for $29 last fall.

Yeoman
05-23-2011, 06:20 PM
negative on the national/sportcheck/large sports chains in my area.
guess i'll just have to wander around TO
may have to go that way with is adam. might just have to cave.

menefreghista
05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Try some of the smaller soccer specialty shops.

I was in Showdown Sports in Woodbridge in the fall and they still had some of the grey 'Toronto FC' jerseys.

That's probably the kind of place that might have it.

05-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I went looking a few months ago for the old, red kits.
The only luck I had was on eBay.
Hope this helps.

Joe Kool
05-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah I wasn't sure where to put it *shrug*
Move away if needed.
Looking for the older TFC kits. no not the ones that say Toronto FC on the front, but that style
you know that one! i need it in an adult large
anyone have any ideas? i hadn't seen it around any place i've checked out in london.

I will try to check out a few shops near me in the next few days that may have some lying around and if I find it I will grab you one and bring it to the tailgate but it is going to be a tough one to find me thinks.

Red Rat
05-23-2011, 09:52 PM
The old Toronto FC kits are becoming a hot item, I retired mine and I will frame it

sashavukelich
05-23-2011, 10:19 PM
i have one that doesn't even have the sponsor just says 'Toronto' and i love that about it

ArmenJBX
05-23-2011, 10:23 PM
I got one, XXL, come pick it up and you can have it for like 20 bucks or something else cool related to TFC.

Ricky_Portugal
05-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Sporting life at sherway gardens has them and the are still charging 120 for them

ryan
05-24-2011, 12:11 AM
There's a jersey store in Vaughn Mills having a going out of business sale.

They had the current White ones going for $60 and some older Red ones for the same price I believe.

Can't recall the name of the store, but if you're in the market for a jersey of any kind really, I'd check that place out before they close up shop.

ExiledRed
05-24-2011, 09:05 PM
i have one that doesn't even have the sponsor just says 'Toronto' and i love that about it

I have the same style shirt, which I think is quite rare these days, signed by Dichio, O'Brien, Brennan and Stamatopolous in season one.

Its beer stained and grubby but im too scared to wash it.

Roogsy
05-24-2011, 09:10 PM
The old Toronto FC kits are becoming a hot item, I retired mine and I will frame it

Aha! The real question here is who has the first every TFC kit? The replica with no sponsor on it? I wear mine all the time and I am beginning the wonder if I should stop as it may eventually become a classic.

TorontoBlades
05-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Aha! The real question here is who has the first every TFC kit? The replica with no sponsor on it? I wear mine all the time and I am beginning the wonder if I should stop as it may eventually become a classic.

I have that one as well....I've put it away for keeping

Also, I have an original away (grey) kit. It mostly frustrates me as I have to lie to people and tell them my name is "Robert" so as not to have appeared overzealous for an overpaid, overaged certain left footed player...

Nodoubtguy
05-25-2011, 10:30 AM

It's the only one I really wear....should put that one away soon

cincy
05-25-2011, 10:38 AM

Also, I have an original away (grey) kit. It mostly frustrates me as I have to lie to people and tell them my name is "Robert" so as not to have appeared overzealous for an overpaid, overaged certain left footed player...

I got Samuel ... I guess that same Name Game would work for me too :facepalm:

London
05-25-2011, 10:43 AM

not only do i have that jersey, i have an error jersey.

they put the mls crest on the shoulder upside down.

try to find another, it isnt going to happen

__wowza
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM

these ones.

http://www.modsuperstar.ca/images/torontofc_jersey.jpg

i got one of those fuckers hanging in my closet. i picked them up the second they went on sale, when we had a team but didn't have a sponsor. i retired it after i picked up last seasons kit, i honestly think it's the best one we've had (im a fan of any kit with a simple collar).

if supporting this team is like being in a bad relationship, then this kit is like an old photo. you know, the photo you have where you and your sweetheart were both trashed at edgefest right before tool was about to go on. you can look at it and remember the good 'ol days before it got shot to shit and hope and wonder if things can ever be that good again.

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM

:lol:

these ones.

http://www.modsuperstar.ca/images/torontofc_jersey.jpg

i got one of those fuckers hanging in my closet. i picked them up the second they went on sale, when we had a team but didn't have a sponsor. i retired it after i picked up last seasons kit, i honestly think it's the best one we've had (im a fan of any kit with a simple collar).

if supporting this team is like being in a bad relationship, then this kit is like an old photo. you know, the photo you have where you and your sweetheart were both trashed at edgefest right before tool was about to go on. you can look at it and remember the good 'ol days before it got shot to shit and hope and wonder if things can ever be that good again.

I hear ya...

not only do i have that jersey, i have an error jersey.

they put the mls crest on the shoulder upside down.

try to find another, it isnt going to happen

WHAAAA? :eek:

London
05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
^^^^ yes,

it is sewn upside down.

ive been stopped by people around the stadium and they ask if i did it myself LOL

nope, LOL