05-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Discuss.

ecospice
05-23-2011, 01:03 AM
shite craps suck

Just to start off on the correct note.

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 03:11 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/nigelreed/2011/05/canadian-rivals-set-for-classic-finale.html

Let's try and forget 2009. The 'Miracle in Montreal' was a joyous night for TFC. It was also an embarrassing moment for Canadian professional soccer. The tournament rules and format have been revamped to ensure such a situation never recurs.

It still rankles with Whitecaps coach Teitur Thordarson.

Nah, I rather enjoy remembering it. Especially the part where Vancouver watched the lads walk off with the cup.

NBS
05-23-2011, 04:21 AM
Biggest game of the year. I hope a precursor to even bigger games in the Champions League.

Tough turnaround from a game in Colorado while the Caps were resting up. We need Gordon and Tchani in the lineup.

Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Cann-Yourass
Tchani-DeGuz-Stevanovic
Martina-Gordon-Soolsma

Only problem is much of this lineup played in Colorado. I wouldn't mind seeing Nana back in for Williams for fresher legs. Maybe work Santos in for one of Martina or Soolsma for the same reason. Plata has been playing much and would be a good spark plug off the bench if we should need a goal late.

Auzzy
05-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I wonder if Cann needs a break? Almost caused another penalty vs. Colorado. Maybe pair Nana (or even Harden) with Williams????

Tchani & Gordon may still be injured, we shall see.

Yohan
05-23-2011, 09:51 AM
I wonder if Cann needs a break? Almost caused another penalty vs. Colorado. Maybe pair Nana (or even Harden) with Williams????

It was a straight legit penalty. Cann got lucky. (plus that Amarikwa twat was flopping the entire half)

makes us proud, TFC! time for the 12th man to stand up and be counted.

Azerban
05-23-2011, 11:09 AM
wow this thread title is testing fate

Red Rat
05-23-2011, 12:03 PM

you took it right out of my mouth

ilikemusic
05-23-2011, 12:30 PM

I have never been down with the pre-emptive trash talk.

Hell I am barely okay with post-emptive(?) trash talk. I just dont like trash talk in general.

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 01:13 PM

If they win it, they'll deserve it. If they don't, they won't have deserved it.

Right now, they've never won a cup. End of story. It's not trash talk if it's true.

Pachuco
05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
But your title says they're never going to win, not exactly saying they've never won one.

I had a bad feeling about this game already, with this thread title and how supersticious I am we just about stand no chance at holding up the cup.

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 02:22 PM
But your title says they're never going to win, not exactly saying they've never won one.

I had a bad feeling about this game already, with this thread title and how supersticious I am we just about stand no chance at holding up the cup.

?!?1 The title says Never won a Cup. Not Never will win a cup.

Pachuco
05-23-2011, 04:09 PM
?!?1 The title says Never won a Cup. Not Never will win a cup.

HAHAHA...sorry man, I completely read that wrong.

Cas87
05-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Nana-Yourass
Tchani-DeGuz-Peterson
Plata-Gordon-Stevanovic

Subs
Santos (for Plata or Gordon)
Gargan (For Yourass)
Cann (for Williams or Nana)

FreekAce
05-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Nana-Yourass
Tchani-DeGuz-Peterson
Plata-Gordon-Stevanovic

Subs
Santos (for Plata or Gordon)
Gargan (For Yourass)
Cann (for Williams or Nana)

you realize that 3 of your players are still listed as questionable and 1 has been called up for international duty right?

Darlofletch
05-24-2011, 09:33 AM
would like to see tchani or peterson back in mid, then yourass at lb, but if neither of them were even fit enough to sit on the bench, forcing us to leave a spot completely empty, I can't see them coming back and being good enough to start just 3 days later. yourass looked good in midfield though, and gargan's been ok at lb.

agree that cann looks like he needs a rest, he has done for 2 or 3 games now, but I'd be stunned to see him rested.

also can't see gordon jumping straight into the starting line up, so given we need something more than three wingers up top, I think santos will start.

we've been looking better recently, at least to start, then there's a pattern of fading in the last 20, 30 minutes or so. so hopefully we can get a goal early, as I could very easily see vancouver scoring late as we tire.

Darlofletch
05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
you realize that 3 of your players are still listed as questionable and 1 has been called up for international duty right?

during the game on sunday, wileman said that plata would be staying with us for the week, so he should be available.

FreekAce
05-24-2011, 09:40 AM
during the game on sunday, wileman said that plata would be staying with us for the week, so he should be available.

sweet, i missed that in the pub, glad to have him on board for the v-cup!

Carts
05-24-2011, 09:44 AM
It was a straight legit penalty. Cann got lucky. (plus that Amarikwa twat was flopping the entire half)

I like it when this happens...

A legit penalty was not given b/c a guy was flopping all over the place - Karma is a bitch...

Videos like this should be shown to young kids growing up...

Look at this twat, dives here, dives there, earns 45-yard free kick - get chopped down in the box and NO CALL! Why? b/c he's a diving twat and the ref had enough...

Lesson kids - don't be a DIVING TWAT!

If only it was that easy... LOL

Anyways - :topic:

Carts...

ManUtd4ever
05-24-2011, 09:50 AM
If I was a betting man, I'd wager that Winter will go with this lineup:

----------------Frei-----------------

Eckersley-Williams-Cann-Yourassowsky

Peterson--------JDG-----------Tchani

Soolsma-------Santos-----------Plata

If Tchani and Peterson are unavailable:

----------------Frei-----------------

Eckersley--Williams--Cann-----Borman

Sturgis---------JDG-----Yourassowsky

Soolsma-------Santos-----------Plata

Ossington Mental Youth
05-24-2011, 09:56 AM
is borman back?

Yohan
05-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Gargan is going to start. I think Winter likes his attitude and work ethic, and he hasn't been totally terrible

Cas87
05-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Gargan is going to start. I think Winter likes his attitude and work ethic, and he hasn't been totally terrible

Plus he can bring experience

I know its only the NCC, but still with kids and ppl who might not get the full importance of the game he can tell them and get them motivated

jloome
05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
is borman back?

We can only hope not.

Yourrasowsky was a beast Sunday. Should start in midfield again.

Yohan
05-24-2011, 10:33 AM
We can only hope not.

Yourrasowsky was a beast Sunday. Should start in midfield again.
he has a really good understanding of when to make runs, and he can dribble

Ossington Mental Youth
05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
yeah i gotta say i like Yourassowsky.
Worried me preseason but has more or less excelled in whatever position hes been put in

A.J
05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
When is Gordon coming back?
It feels like a long time since his injury

ExiledRed
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Plus he can bring experience

I know its only the NCC, but still with kids and ppl who might not get the full importance of the game he can tell them and get them motivated

Yeah, Gargan for captain! We need more experienced leaders like him.

P-NUTZ
05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
peterson is an example of guys who should ride the bench until further notice based on how well the younger variety showed pace and hunger on sunday night.

there is no reason to start peterson instead of yourass in any case.

Technorgasm
05-24-2011, 01:39 PM
to: VANCOUVER (or pessimistic RPBS)
from OPERATION IVY

CHAMPION IS A WORD THAT YOU CANT UNDERSTAND

NIsRghBjKkU

Gazza
05-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I like it when this happens...

A legit penalty was not given b/c a guy was flopping all over the place - Karma is a bitch...

Videos like this should be shown to young kids growing up...

Look at this twat, dives here, dives there, earns 45-yard free kick - get chopped down in the box and NO CALL! Why? b/c he's a diving twat and the ref had enough...

Lesson kids - don't be a DIVING TWAT!

If only it was that easy... LOL

Anyways - :topic:

Carts...

Well fucking said. My dad taught me that lesson when i was 8. "Don't ever embarrass me like that again."

Petor
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Game has been moved to Sportsnet1.
Memorial Cup match now on Sportsnet.
https://twitter.com/theyorkies1812/status/73097250540232704

TFCwestcan
05-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Biggest game of the year. I hope a precursor to even bigger games in the Champions League.

Tough turnaround from a game in Colorado while the Caps were resting up. We need Gordon and Tchani in the lineup.

Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Cann-Yourass
Tchani-DeGuz-Stevanovic
Martina-Gordon-Soolsma

Only problem is much of this lineup played in Colorado. I wouldn't mind seeing Nana back in for Williams for fresher legs. Maybe work Santos in for one of Martina or Soolsma for the same reason. Plata has been playing much and would be a good spark plug off the bench if we should need a goal late.

I think that with Williams soon to be off to the Gold Cup we need to get Nana in to give him game time. I like the competition for spots on this team this year, although there seems to still be bare spots on the roster. We will also have to fill JDG's place for the Gold Cup. It should be an interesting game, a challenge regardless of the tough talk and despite Vancouver's MLS record they have some decent players.

Joe Kool
05-24-2011, 04:19 PM
As Dicoy says in his interview on TFC TV....It's going to be FARGIN' WAR. Well so maybe he said it without the FARGIN' part but I couldn't help but add the Johnny Dangerously part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLcNdkfPG5M&feature=related

Tried to embed the Youtube video but never did it before so just putting the link in doesn't seem to work. Oh well.

levyashin
05-24-2011, 04:20 PM
how about this for a line-up.
frei
attacora---------cann----------williams--------gargan
eckersly-------degusman------yourowski
plata---------------santos-----------stephanovic

dow117
05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
peterson is an example of guys who should ride the bench until further notice based on how well the younger variety showed pace and hunger on sunday night.

there is no reason to start peterson instead of yourass in any case.

Peterson has a good work ethic but he is taking all the set plays and frankly, they have been poor service on the dead balls. We need a better quality option for free kicks and corners. Its a real weakness for us

Marvin
05-24-2011, 05:53 PM
because it hasn't been mentioned yet, this thread title sets up for a contender for a possible "fail of the year".

damn, i am original.

billyfly
05-24-2011, 07:43 PM

Ditto.

flamehawk
05-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Game has been moved to Sportsnet1.
Memorial Cup match now on Sportsnet.
https://twitter.com/theyorkies1812/status/73097250540232704

Thank god I have tickets to the game. But this is bullshit, relegating the foremost Canadian football game of the year for junior hockey??????

TFC07
05-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Is there a GO bus or train that goes directly to BMO field from Brampton? This will be my first time taking a GO bus. :o

EDIT: I am planning to going either from Bramalea Go station or Bramalea City Centre bus terminal.

menefreghista
05-25-2011, 05:56 AM
Thank god I have tickets to the game. But this is bullshit, relegating the foremost Canadian football game of the year for junior hockey??????

Which do you think will get better ratings?

Oldtimer
05-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Is there a GO bus or train that goes directly to BMO field from Brampton? This will be my first time taking a GO bus. :o

EDIT: I am planning to going either from Bramalea Go station or Bramalea City Centre bus terminal.

You have to go through Union Station. Transfer to the Lakeshore train, or take the streetcar.

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/sysmap.aspx

http://crazedmonkey.com/toronto-transit-map/

ManUtd4ever
05-25-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm worried about this match tonight because of the fatigue factor. I hope the players with knocks are healthy enough to give Winter some depth to work with.

On the positive side, if TFC can put in a performance similar to the effort in Colorado, the boys will be tough to beat on home soil.

C'MON YOU REDS!

:scarf:

Ossington Mental Youth
05-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Pretty nervous about this game.
We can definitely win the cup, question is whether we will.
Do we get a rest after this up coming saturday?

Dreadlocks
05-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I'd like to see a midfield of JDG between Stevanovic and Yourass. Arguably our most technically skilled players with experience in our "system". We should be able to control the middle of the park with these guys imo.

Beach_Red
05-25-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm worried about this match tonight because of the fatigue factor. I hope the players with knocks are healthy enough to give Winter some depth to work with.

On the positive side, if TFC can put in a performance similar to the effort in Colorado, the boys will be tough to beat on home soil.

C'MON YOU REDS!

:scarf:

The team is gaining confidence and will win 3-0.

ManUtd4ever
05-25-2011, 08:24 AM
The team is gaining confidence and will win 3-0.

I'll gladly take a scoreless draw. ;)

Cas87
05-25-2011, 08:38 AM

The Mem Cup is Sportsnet answer to TSN and the World Juniors

Plus the Mem Cup had its conctract renewed before the V-Cup started and before SNET One showed up so there may be terminology in their contract that states it has to be on the more available station

Cas87
05-25-2011, 08:41 AM
New thought for line-up

Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Cann-Gargan
Stevanovic-DeGuz-Yourassowski
Soolsma-Santos-Plata

SUBS
Nana (for Cann)
Sturgis or Gold (for Yourass)
Martina (for Santos or Plata)

Cas87
05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I forsee a draw in the 90 then we are in store for meaningful extra time for the first time at BMO

If we make it to PKs then I will faint in the stands

Red Skies At Night
05-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Is the away goals rule in effect tonight?

JonO
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
^ I believe so. From Section III(6) of the Rules:

If the two teams involved in a match score the same number of goals over the two legs, the team which scores more away goals is determined as the winner. If this procedure does not produce a result, i.e. if both teams score the same number of goals at home and away, two 15-minute periods of extra time are played at the end of the second leg. If, during extra time, both teams score the same number of goals, away goals count double (i.e. the visiting club qualifies). If no goals are scored during extra time, kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the FIFA Laws of the Game will be used to determine the winner.

RedsYNWA
05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
It's not a TFC game without the threat of RAIN

Belfast_Boy
05-25-2011, 10:17 AM
is anyone going to this game? have you seen the amount of tickets available on the trader?

would hate to have to invite people into 112 again.

billyfly
05-25-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm going.

Dreadlocks
05-25-2011, 10:19 AM
^ I believe so. From Section III(6) of the Rules:

If TFC win (outscore) the Caps then TFC wins the series. If the whitecaps win (outscore) us then they take it.

If the 90 mins end and they are 1-1, the match goes to extra time and/or P/K's. If it is 0-0 at the end of 90 then TFC wins. If it is 2-2 (or any number of goals greater than 1-1) at the end of 90 Whitecaps get it.

So the only way we see extra time is a 1-1 score after 90 mins

TFC1154ever
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Also remember that if it does go to extra time and vancouver score, it still counts as an away goal and we would have to score 2 to win, as 1 would give them the win on away goals.

CBTFC
05-25-2011, 10:47 AM
It's not a TFC game without the threat of RAIN

According to the weather network's forecast, not supposed to arrive until 9ish...but, this radar loop of the storm system is telling me otherwise at this point.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx

Dreadlocks
05-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Ya, i forgot to mention that.

Any goals scored in extra time by Vancouver would have to be matched by 2 goals by TFC.

A.J
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Vancouver can have the Stanley Cup. But this one is ours!

atlanticTFCfan
05-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Well, no need to wait to find out who the NCC winner will get in the CCL preliminary round in two months' time.

If TFC wins the Voyageurs Cup tonight, they will get Real Esteli FC of Nicaragua.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2365622,00.html

:canada: :scarf: :flare: :drum: :drinking:

TFC07
05-25-2011, 11:19 AM
You have to go through Union Station. Transfer to the Lakeshore train, or take the streetcar.

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/sysmap.aspx

http://crazedmonkey.com/toronto-transit-map/

Thanks.

So this means I have to buy 2 GO tickets (one for Union and another for Exhibition) now?

Derko
05-25-2011, 11:19 AM

GO bus goes to Union, then you have to take the streetcar or GO train back to BMO, no afternoon trains to and from Toronto to Brampton, which really sucks as I have to pick my Wife up at 4 corners and drive down!!

GO TFC GO, lets kick those Tree Huggers back to BC (Bring Cash)

:scarf::flare::drum::drinking::cheers:

Ron Manager
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Pretty nervous about this game.
We can definitely win the cup, question is whether we will.
Do we get a rest after this up coming saturday?

We can't be nervous in the stands. We, the fans, have to bring our A game tonight and will the boys to victory.

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:

ManUtd4ever
05-25-2011, 11:41 AM
We can't be nervous in the stands. We, the fans, have to bring our A game tonight and will the boys to victory.

I am very nervous about the match, but a couple of beers early in the first half should settle me down nicely. :D

NBS
05-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Ya, i forgot to mention that.

Any goals scored in extra time by Vancouver would have to be matched by 2 goals by TFC.

Technically, only the first goal by Vancouver in extra time would have to be matched by two goals for Toronto. Any additional goal would have to be matched 1 for 1. Not that I foresee tons of goals being scored in extra time, I'm just saying.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Oh yeah, definitely time to go bonkers

leafsman
05-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I've always thought away goals shouldn't matter in extra time, why should one team get an extra 30 mins to get one.

rocker
05-25-2011, 01:49 PM
no need for nerves... we already won this sucka twice before. We are the rulers. Vancity fans should be nervous. Imagine not winning this thing again after having come so close? :)

bgnewf
05-25-2011, 02:28 PM
TFC Tries To Lift The Cup 3 Years Running

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/05/three-years-running/

Voyageurs Cup Final Day is here! Thoughts ahead of the second leg of the Canadian Championship.

ManUtd4ever
05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
I have a bad feeling that the match is going to end a 1-1 draw after extra time and go into penalty kicks. TFC has never won a match that went to penalty kicks.

Serb_Star
05-25-2011, 02:36 PM
fuck it's on Sportsnet One, Sportsnet is showing some teenage hockey garbage instead.

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
If there are any Regina/White City/Balgonie/Lumsden/etc lurkers, No we will not be meeting at Tumblers. Change of plans.

daner90
05-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Come On You Reddddddddddddddddds!!!!

69Chevy396
05-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I have one free ticket in section 227, close to the bottom rail, arrange to pick it up at Starbucks, north west corner of bathurst and wilson before 7 pm and it is yours.....send me message asap if this works for you

Gazza
05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Ya, let's win this in regulation, my heart can't take penalty kicks.

Although, neither can my feet;).

swan
05-25-2011, 06:26 PM
don't forget to post any streams for us that are unable to get sportnet..

someone once said you can view the onlin stream on sportsnet's web site hasn't worked for me before so hopefully someone can find something..

dupont
05-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Is sportsnet going to be streaming this game on their website by any chance?

Flipityflu
05-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Is sportsnet going to be streaming this game on their website by any chance?

you will probably find it here

http://www.canadasoccer.com/championship/nccvideo.asp?lang=en

Mark TFC
05-25-2011, 06:52 PM
COME ON YOU REDS! Let's make it 3 in a row!

Krasno.pL.
05-25-2011, 07:09 PM
what the hell is with the goal areas. jeez millions for what.

zeelaw
05-25-2011, 07:11 PM
lol up close and personal with TFC_Buffallo in that one shot

Bars92
05-25-2011, 09:20 PM
fuck it's on Sportsnet One, Sportsnet is showing some teenage hockey garbage instead.

lol. while i like hockey, that was funny.

mclaren
05-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Tomorrow's game to be shown live on the Weather Network.

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Well Pre-game is still on. The cancellation may have been the most hilarious moment in the history of the Vs Cup.

billyfly
05-25-2011, 11:13 PM
^No sir. Your title of this thread if we lose is the most hilarious.

I think though that your bad karma was cancelled out by the chirping those 6 Vancouverites under the north stand did to us.

We''ll see who holds the cup now, you douche bags!

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 11:33 PM

I think though that your bad karma was cancelled out by the chirping those 6 Vancouverites under the north stand did to us.

I don't believe in karma or luck.

We'll lose if we don't play well, we'll win if we do. End of story.

billyfly
05-25-2011, 11:38 PM
^There are forces in the universe you just don't understand.

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 11:41 PM

And the world was supposed to end last Saturday.

billyfly
05-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Look Regina, I live in Toronto and there is no other possible explanation why we suck so much other than EVIL and VOODOO and other like stuff.

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Look Regina, I live in Toronto and there is no other possible explanation why we suck so much other than EVIL and VOODOO and other like stuff.

Personally I blame bad management at MLSE, because I think torontoians are generally classy people. They can't afford not to be because they're let down so much by their sports teams.

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 11:56 PM

What goat did we not let into Maple Leaf Gardens to be cursed so much? I feel like a Cubs fan.

ensco
05-26-2011, 06:30 AM
What goat did we not let into Maple Leaf Gardens to be cursed so much? I feel like a Cubs fan.

I wish.

The Cubs have, more often than not, been a good team over the last 30 years.

Going to a game at Wrigley is like a trip to heaven.

The sad sack city in US sports is Cleveland.

ManUtd4ever
05-26-2011, 07:05 AM

LOL, I agree Billy. There is no other rational explanation for the cumulative record of futility of Toronto's sports franchises.