PDA

View Full Version : Bunbury at TFC Match on June 4

prizby
05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/19/2887930/sporting-news-five-from-kc-called.html

During the Gold Cup next month, Sporting Kansas City will be without the services of forward Teal Bunbury, midfielders Craig Rocastle and Stephane Auvray and defenders Roger Espinoza and Shavar Thomas. According to manager Peter Vermes, all five have been called up to their respective national teams for the month-long tournament.

The news on Rocastle (Grenada) and Espinoza (Honduras) had already leaked out. Speculation on Auvray (Guadeloupe) and Thomas (Jamaica) has been around since January when both captained their respective nation to qualification. Bunbury (United States) is the surprise. His inclusion has been speculated, but U.S. coach Bob Bradley wasn't expected to announce his squad until early next week.

Vermes revealed the call-ups during his regular press conference on Thursday following training.

lucky brat...gets out of the Toronto home game...makes going to SPKC in July and the Detroit game an almost must now

werewolf
05-20-2011, 02:54 PM
We should start making Detroit plans then.

prizby
05-20-2011, 03:03 PM
problem is he will likely be the 4th striker on the US roster..what is the chance he even plays against Canada?

werewolf
05-23-2011, 02:02 PM
ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://www.premiershipticketsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Mark-Van-Bommel.jpg

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope they run him out against Canada. Then I hope Dejan Jakovic is hard as fuck and breaks his legs.

reggie
05-23-2011, 02:15 PM
bumbury is a asshole..

werewolf
05-23-2011, 02:17 PM
He didn't get called up to the team. :rofl:

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 02:17 PM
He didn't get called up to the team. :rofl:

No he did not! LOL!

xj Darrell
05-23-2011, 02:18 PM
He was not included in the US roster :D

edit: beat me to it - I'm soooo happy right now!

Petor
05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
They did not invite him!
He can go suck a moose!
What a maroon!
Happy Victoria Day! :)

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Long live the Queen!

What a great Victoria Day!

Azerban
05-23-2011, 02:29 PM
hope that means we can get out the pitchforks at home june 4th..

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Teal Bunbury, greatest fake American never to make the US Gold Cup team or greatest traitor Canadian never to make the US Gold Cup team?

Azerban
05-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Teal Bunbury, greatest fake American never to make the US Gold Cup team or greatest traitor Canadian never to make the US Gold Cup team?

neither

prizby
05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
I am soooooooooo happy..we are going to make him cry at BMO

Toronto Ruffrider
05-23-2011, 03:56 PM
There is only ONE Bunbury, and he got called up all the time.:D

TFCRegina
05-23-2011, 04:00 PM
There is only ONE Bunbury, and he got called up all the time.:D

Let's play a game. Name 23 players who made the US squad not named Bunbury!

I win every time!

Waggy
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Justice. Sweet, sweet, sweet justice. Hey Teal, tell me how my ass tastes!

:canada::canada::canada::canada:

Gazza
05-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I won't see him in detroit:(

Super Cereal
05-23-2011, 08:33 PM
LOL Vermes looks like a dummy.

Fuck you Teal you cunt.

Shway
05-24-2011, 12:33 PM
probably don't need the noose...

no it is needed.....

these are all sons of hard greif

David_Oliveira
05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
We all laugh at Teal Bunbury! Teal Bunbury! Teal Bunbury
We all laugh at Teal Bunbury! Teal Bunbury! Teal Bunbury

Detroit_TFC
05-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Not all of us.

Super Cereal
05-24-2011, 09:51 PM
probably don't need the noose...

Probably don't need to be so uptight.

DichioTFC
05-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Not all of us.

Agreed. It doesn't matter, I'm sure Teal will be getting his caps during the summer of 2014. :D

TFC07
05-25-2011, 12:21 AM
http://www.airhawkalliance.com/igallery/upload/Funny%20Shit/Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-715091.jpg

Red CB Toronto
05-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Not all of us.

Yeh, I agree with you, Teal made a choice based on an opportunity, the US over Canada, if given it as he was, it is simply a no brainer.

I am going to be missing this game to attend Spain at USA in Boston, so have a great time, see you in Detroit a few days later.

werewolf
05-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Yeh, I agree with you, Teal made a choice based on an opportunity, the US over Canada, if given it as he was, it is simply a no brainer.

""For me, I was born in Canada, I have a lot of family members there, and it would feel wrong for me to play for the U.S. I feel a connection with Canada."

it would feel wrong for me to play for the U.S.

I don't mean to sound like Ray Finkle here...

Detroit_TFC
05-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I understand the beef people have with TB. Someday the CMNT will poach one from the US, it's bound to happen eventually. For example, DCU youngster Andy Najar just picked Honduras over USMNT.

BTW Coach Sweatpants's choice of Freddy Adu over TB left me speechless, but like Nav said, he'll get his chance later.

zeelaw
05-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Probably don't need to be so uptight.

Super sensitive people will be offended over a black man in a noose.

zeelaw
05-25-2011, 07:42 AM
I understand the beef people have with TB. Someday the CMNT will poach one from the US, it's bound to happen eventually. For example, DCU youngster Andy Najar just picked Honduras over USMNT.

BTW Coach Sweatpants's choice of Freddy Adu over TB left me speechless, but like Nav said, he'll get his chance later.

Didn't get that that mexican kid though :P

Ageroo
05-25-2011, 07:45 AM
""For me, I was born in Canada, I have a lot of family members there, and it would feel wrong for me to play for the U.S. I feel a connection with Canada."

In my opinion his father should disown him....shame on Teal. His father was a Guyanese immigrant to Canada who loved this country.....Teal exploited our system...playing for our U-17 and U-20 teams before his treacherous leap to the U.S.

Jack
05-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Super sensitive people will be offended over a black man in a noose.

What I find racist is the fact that, in this day and age, people still view him as a "black man" instead of a "man". I thought we had moved beyond this, but I gues some people are still stuck on categorizing by race.

Black man, white man, yellow man, brown man....

It's a lot easier to just say "man", or if you want to talk about race, "human".

The intense focus on race is a form of racism. We are all human beings. All I saw was a man in a noose. The colour of his skin is a non-issue to me.

Edit: I should clarify that I understand the sensitivity around the issue and why people were upset by the image. Removing it is justified.

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
In my opinion his father should disown him....shame on Teal. His father was a Guyanese immigrant to Canada who loved this country.....Teal exploited our system...playing for our U-17 and U-20 teams before his treacherous leap to the U.S.

THIS! OMG this...

My dad came from a poor country and started a good life here. A life 100X better than what he left behind. For that, I am thankful. I don't know what my life would have been had they not immigrated. But even then, they had a choice as to where.

Most of my family settled in the US. In fact, only my parents and a single aunt decided on Canada. The rest remained in the US, with my family in the US now numbering in the hundreds and the family in Canada being barely a couple of dozen. So when I compare the eventual results of the choices people made, I can say with certainty I am happy my parents chose Canada instead of the US, and that is why I will never understand someone choosing a country other than the one that gave them the opportunities.

I have always believed the way to give back to the country that gave me all I have was to be the best citizen I could possibly be, pay my taxes and support my national teams. People like Teal are an embarrassment because they take without giving back. Their choice is purely a selfish one.

Ageroo
05-25-2011, 09:18 AM
THIS! OMG this...

My dad came from a poor country and started a good life here. A life 100X better than what he left behind. For that, I am thankful. I don't know what my life would have been had they not immigrated. But even then, they had a choice as to where.

Most of my family settled in the US. In fact, only my parents and a single aunt decided on Canada. The rest remained in the US, with my family in the US now numbering in the hundreds and the family in Canada being barely a couple of dozen. So when I compare the eventual results of the choices people made, I can say with certainty I am happy my parents chose Canada instead of the US, and that is why I will never understand someone choosing a country other than the one that gave them the opportunities.

I have always believed the way to give back to the country that gave me all I have was to be the best citizen I could possibly be, pay my taxes and support my national teams. People like Teal are an embarrassment because they take without giving back. Their choice is purely a selfish one.

In agreement here Roogs........

My mother and father each have 11 brothers and sisters.....so my extended family is huge. It isn't a matter of me hating the United States at all. I have far more relatives who are American than those that are Canadian...In my opinion you should never turn your back on someone, something that has given your family the opportunities that you have been given.

Teal has turned his back on a country that his family is indebted to...no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Yup...I don't hate the US at all either and I have a problem with people that do. They're ignorant. If there is anyone in the world that is most similar to "Canadians" it's Americans. It's like hating your brother. Yeah, he might be a little stupid, but he's still your brother. :lol:

I always hope the US does well in international competitions. It's good for Canada.

But if Teal ever does get a start for them, I will probably hope for failure. Not because it's the US but because of Teal.

Gazza
05-25-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm not completely up to date with Will Johnson's story, but didn't he choose us over the states?

He's British with more ties to America, i believe. If someone can fill me in that would be great.

I doubt any americans would put a noose around his neck haha, but i'm pretty sure they'd be happy to have him in their system.

Ageroo
05-25-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm not completely up to date with Will Johnson's story, but didn't he choose us over the states?

He's British with more ties to America, i believe. If someone can fill me in that would be great.

I doubt any americans would put a noose around his neck haha, but i'm pretty sure they'd be happy to have him in their system.

From his wiki...He is a born Canuck :)

William "Will" Johnson (born January 21, 1987 in Toronto, Ontario (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Toronto,_Ontario)) is a Canadian (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Canada) soccer (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Soccer) player who currently plays for Real Salt Lake (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Real_Salt_Lake) in Major League Soccer (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Major_League_Soccer).

Johnson was born in Canada, but moved shortly afterwards to England (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/England) where he started playing soccer, attending Merchant Taylors' Preparatory School for Boys (http://redpatchboys.ca/w/index.php?title=Merchant_Taylors%27_Preparatory_Sc hool_for_Boys&action=edit&redlink=1) in Crosby (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Crosby,_Merseyside), near Liverpool (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Liverpool). When he was 10 his family once again moved, this time to Woodridge, Illinois (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Woodridge,_Illinois), and he played youth soccer for Woodridge Storm and Downers Grove Roadrunners. Johnson later returned to England to play for the youth team of Blackburn Rovers (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Blackburn_Rovers_F.C.) in the 2003-04 season. However, after the season he left Blackburn and returned to Illinois. He was on the roster of Chicago Fire Premier (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Chicago_Fire_Premier) in the USL Premier Development League (http://redpatchboys.ca/wiki/USL_Premier_Development_League), but did not feature in any PDL games.

Gazza
05-25-2011, 09:43 AM
From his wiki...He is a born Canuck :)

Thanks! Toronto born, no wonder why i like him so!

xj Darrell
05-25-2011, 09:57 AM
The image I posted was an exaggeration of the contrasts in which the two family members are viewed. Hero vs villain, saint vs traitor. No one truly believes that Alex is a saint or that Teal should be hanged - it was tongue-in-cheek and hyperbole. That being said, I'm fine that the image was removed if it offended some.

Teal coming to BMO is important for all who support Canadian soccer. He needs to come face-to-face with those he lied to, and whether you agree with his decision or not, it is important for him to face the consequences of his actions.

Every young Canadian academy player with ties to multiple countries will take note of how Teal is received at BMO. In my mind that is why this is important, for this reason he needs to be sent back to Kansas with his tail between his legs.

prizby
05-25-2011, 09:58 AM

Johnson played on Canadian youth teams and continued all the way up...he was never called upon by the Yanks

TFC07
05-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Yup...I don't hate the US at all either and I have a problem with people that do. They're ignorant. If there is anyone in the world that is most similar to "Canadians" it's Americans. It's like hating your brother. Yeah, he might be a little stupid, but he's still your brother. :lol:

I always hope the US does well in international competitions. It's good for Canada.

But if Teal ever does get a start for them, I will probably hope for failure. Not because it's the US but because of Teal.

Hate for USA has more to do with their government and right-wing yanks who hate Canada. But yeah, Canadian soccer fans should root for USA soccer (and vice versa) because we're pretty much in the same boat when comes to soccer in our countries. Since we both in MLS now, it just gives us and them more reasons to support each other.

werewolf
05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Jamaica has more MLS players on their Gold Cup roster then the USA...

sad myth that Canadians should support the American team.

But that is deriving from the purpose of the thread.

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM

I don't hate the US. I hate Teal.

With the US it's like a sibling rivalry. I hope they always lose to us and we finish ahead of them in every competition.

But when it came to World Cup, I pulled for them (after Brazil - family connections) because I felt it was best for Canada and soccer in general.

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 03:21 PM
THIS! OMG this...

What? You're a business guy and you don't believe in using loopholes to dramatically reduce your tax burden?!?! Bullshit!

:D

I'm a 4th Generation Canadian that thinks it's everyone's god given right, immigrant, resident, or otherwise to shelter their money from taxes. :canada: :D

Waggy
05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Jamaica has more MLS players on their Gold Cup roster then the USA...

sad myth that Canadians should support the American team.

But that is deriving from the purpose of the thread.

The better the US team does the more non soccer fans will tune in, and maybe become soccer fans. Growing the game in the US benefits the MLS in attendence, tv deals and merch. Plus growing exposure is never a bad thing.

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 04:34 PM
What? You're a business guy and you don't believe in using loopholes to dramatically reduce your tax burden?!?! Bullshit!

:D

I'm a 4th Generation Canadian that thinks it's everyone's god given right, immigrant, resident, or otherwise to shelter their money from taxes. :canada: :D

:lol:

One word you will learn as you progress in your studies..."minimization". We don't use shelter, avoidance or evasion in our vocabulary unless it's to describe things you "should not do". So while everyone has to pay taxes in some form, nobody should pay more than they are legally obligated to, and funny enough, most people pay way more than they should.

Regardless, I view taxes as my way of paying for the social programs that help many families in Canada live in much better conditions than in other countries, even the one immediately to the south of us. So while I do believe we should be smart about paying our taxes, I also think paying our legal taxes is an obligation for all Canadians. I respect people more when they're good citizens of the country than I do just because they decide to wave a Canadian flag every once in a while.

I love Canada. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world...except maybe spending a few weekends a year on South Beach. :p

werewolf
05-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Same can be said about the US national hockey team, but that doesn't mean im ever going to cheer for them. Any time the US team wins something, it means Canada didn't, and they are a direct rival.

Waggy
05-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Same can be said about the US national hockey team, but that doesn't mean im ever going to cheer for them. Any time the US team wins something, it means Canada didn't, and they are a direct rival.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with you. I just personally don't consider the US our direct rival in soccer. They're several levels above Canada. It's not the US that's keeping us out of world cup qualification, it's getting over the hump of the midlevel carribean teams that I'm more concerned with. And in a tourny that Canada can't win, like the last world cup, then I'd cheer for the US. In something like the gold cup, if Canada is eliminated then I'll judge game by game. I'd prefer the US to win then Mexico, but I'd love to see an underdog upstage them both (even if Canada can't be that team)

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 04:47 PM
:lol:

One word you will learn as you progress in your studies..."minimization". We don't use shelter, avoidance or evasion in our vocabulary unless it's to describe things you "should not do". So while everyone has to pay taxes in some form, nobody should pay more than they are legally obligated to, and funny enough, most people pay way more than they should.

Regardless, I view taxes as my way of paying for the social programs that help many families in Canada live in much better conditions than in other countries, even the one immediately to the south of us. So while I do believe we should be smart about paying our taxes, I also think paying our legal taxes is an obligation for all Canadians. I respect people more when they're good citizens of the country than I do just because they decide to wave a Canadian flag every once in a while.

I love Canada. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world...except maybe spending a few weekends a year on South Beach. :p

Interesting, my uncle is a former Canada Revenue man, now an international tax specialist for a major energy company, and he always uses shelter. Maybe it's a generational thing.

TFCRegina
05-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you. I just personally don't consider the US our direct rival in soccer. They're several levels above Canada. It's not the US that's keeping us out of world cup qualification, it's getting over the hump of the midlevel carribean teams that I'm more concerned with. And in a tourny that Canada can't win, like the last world cup, then I'd cheer for the US. In something like the gold cup, if Canada is eliminated then I'll judge game by game. I'd prefer the US to win then Mexico, but I'd love to see an underdog upstage them both (even if Canada can't be that team)

I consider Honduras to be Canada's biggest rival.

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Interesting, my uncle is a former Canada Revenue man, now an international tax specialist for a major energy company, and he always uses shelter. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Shelter usually is used in reference to offshore havens, some of which are legal and some not. Few Canadians have these options unless they are in the ultra high net worth category which is why it's usually not applicable and usually a no-no because more often than not, the type of shelter used is not legal. But when used legally, shelters can be quite useful, especially for companies. So it depends on the way you look at it.

When people walk into my office and use the word "shelter" I usually know what they mean and I tell them I can't help them. I am here to help Canadians be smart, not criminals.

Sorry for the offtopic. This is the only topic that I love more than soccer. :lol: :topic:

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 05:00 PM

I consider all Central American teams to be our biggest obstacle at gaining a spot in the World Cup considering CONCACAF's major disadvantage with allocations awarded.

Super Cereal
05-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Teal made a choice based on an opportunity, the US over Canada, if given it as he was, it is simply a no brainer.

I'd love to hear you try (and inevitably fail) to rationalize this statement.

Because no, picking the USA over Canada is not a no brainer, especially not given his situation.

Roogsy
05-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Picking a top club over a subpar club is a no-brainer. Playing for your country is a completely different issue.

Yohan
05-25-2011, 11:31 PM
I hate Bunbury because it was completely a merc move on his part. If he truly felt like he was a Yank and had US citizenship, fine. But it wasn't.

If I was Alex Bunbury, I'd beat the crap out of Teal for being a twat

DichioTFC
05-27-2011, 12:57 AM

Or like how Guiseppe Rossi picked Italy over the US even though he's as Italian as the idiots on the Jersey Shore (literally, he's from New Jersey).

I'm fine with the Canada-US rivalry, it adds a great flavour to the sport locally and this is how it should be.

You'll change that opinion after the beatdown on 6/7 ;)

Picking a top club over a subpar club is a no-brainer. Playing for your country is a completely different issue.

I look at this a little differently. I'm born and raised Canadian, love Canada, have worked for years and years for Her Majesty's civil service both federally and provincially (in Ontario and BC) and I've taken multiple oaths to the Queen (which is more than I can say for most Canadians ;) ). This truly is my home and native land. But when it comes to supporting a national team, I support the USMNT over CMNT.

When I was a kid I went to the pre 1994 World Cup friendlies against Germany and Holland and I was a young fan distantly interested in the team and the sport. But the CMNT never caught on with me, most likely because of CSA disorganization but also because I wasn't a fan of the CMNT support.

I moved to Detroit early last year, right before the world cup and the US team caught my imagination, first, because I was there, literally within minutes of an official US Soccer bar and second, the support organized by the American Outlawz was insane. I got the same feeling and passion that I get chanting along with RPB at BMO. Since then, I've followed the US team as much as I followed TFC. I flew solo to the new Meadowlands to watch a classy Brazil squad. I was crammed into a cube van with a crazy driver, shitty music and porno magazines with girls of questionable ages to Chicago to watch a hard fought draw against Poland. It all comes full circle for me on 6/7. Land that I love versus my adopted football nation. I really had to think long and hard about which country to support - I had so many text msgs the day the match was announced that it crashed my phone.

In the end, after I restarted my shitty phone a couple times, I chose to support the USMNT again. I'll be moving back to Mississauga permanently in August, but I'll always be a USMNT supporter. I'll always fly out to US friendlies throughout the States. I'll be going to Brazil 2014 to follow the US. I'll be going to Azteca to watch the dreaded US-Mexico World Cup qualification match (watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI06Jim5CTE - the whole documentary is great, but 3:45 is where it picks up Azteca Day Of).

TL;DR - I pay Canadian taxes, I've done my Oath of Allegiance to the Canadian Head of State but I'll always be a USMNT supporter first and a CMNT supporter second.

werewolf
05-27-2011, 01:04 AM
uEOLQQgz7P8

DichioTFC
05-27-2011, 02:00 AM
^

http://www.ultimateflags.com/images/P/gadsden-flag-dont-tread-on.gif

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Or like how Guiseppe Rossi picked Italy over the US even though he's as Italian as the idiots on the Jersey Shore (literally, he's from New Jersey).

I look at this a little differently. I'm born and raised Canadian, love Canada, have worked for years and years for Her Majesty's civil service both federally and provincially (in Ontario and BC) and I've taken multiple oaths to the Queen (which is more than I can say for most Canadians ;) ). This truly is my home and native land. But when it comes to supporting a national team, I support the USMNT over CMNT.

When I was a kid I went to the pre 1994 World Cup friendlies against Germany and Holland and I was a young fan distantly interested in the team and the sport. But the CMNT never caught on with me, most likely because of CSA disorganization but also because I wasn't a fan of the CMNT support.

I moved to Detroit early last year, right before the world cup and the US team caught my imagination, first, because I was there, literally within minutes of an official US Soccer bar and second, the support organized by the American Outlawz was insane. I got the same feeling and passion that I get chanting along with RPB at BMO. Since then, I've followed the US team as much as I followed TFC. I flew solo to the new Meadowlands to watch a classy Brazil squad. I was crammed into a cube van with a crazy driver, shitty music and porno magazines with girls of questionable ages to Chicago to watch a hard fought draw against Poland. It all comes full circle for me on 6/7. Land that I love versus my adopted football nation. I really had to think long and hard about which country to support - I had so many text msgs the day the match was announced that it crashed my phone.

In the end, after I restarted my shitty phone a couple times, I chose to support the USMNT again. I'll be moving back to Mississauga permanently in August, but I'll always be a USMNT supporter. I'll always fly out to US friendlies throughout the States. I'll be going to Brazil 2014 to follow the US. I'll be going to Azteca to watch the dreaded US-Mexico World Cup qualification match (watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI06Jim5CTE - the whole documentary is great, but 3:45 is where it picks up Azteca Day Of).

TL;DR - I pay Canadian taxes, I've done my Oath of Allegiance to the Canadian Head of State but I'll always be a USMNT supporter first and a CMNT supporter second.

I can't express enough how disappointing this is. It took you all of a year to relegate your birth nations team.

As for your service to Canada, it has nothing to do with this. I'm glad for it and appreciate it but that makes you a good Canadian. Not a good football supporter.

werewolf
05-27-2011, 12:48 PM
That has to be one of the most deplorable things I have ever read on this board. I believe it now surpasses "I am a Philadelphia Union supporter" as the most embarrassing post by a member.

I won't go in to detail about the irony of being critical of Giuseppe Rossi at the same time...or claiming allegiances to the Queen and posting a famous symbol against the crown.

Anyhow, don't bother coming back. Spain is going to the US soon, maybe they will catch peoples eye too, or whatever gloryhunting is called nowadays. I am sure the Chicago Fire are always looking for new "supporters".

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/drogba-swears.jpg

DichioTFC
05-27-2011, 01:02 PM
^ lol if I am a gloryhunter, why not choose a better national squad like Spain / Holland / Engerland / Germany like everyone else did around this time last year?

werewolf
05-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Since when did logic become a part of this?

I'm born and raised Canadian. But when it comes to supporting a national team, I support the USMNT over CMNT.

I'm born and raised Canadian. But when it comes to supporting a national team, I support the USMNT over CMNT.

#rayfinklemode

s2cazz
05-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Rossi is not a traitor. He was developed in Italy. He never played for the US and always expressed his interest in playing for the Azzurri.

I hope he scores a hat trick against the US just to rub it in their faces. He has never bad mouthed the US or used their development spots. He was baited and begged to play for the US but never did and always maintained his desire to play for the Italian National Team.

Given the same opportunity I would do the same. I love Canada, and will support Canada and I hope one day they will provide heroes for my children like the Azzurri did for me.

Agree with it or not, Rossi did it out of love for the Azzurri. Teal did it as a scumbag move to further his career/playing time/success. If Rossi was not called up for the Azzurri he still wouldn't have played for the USMNT. So don't even compare the two.

In 2006, he was invited to a pre-World Cup training camp with the United States national team by then-coach Bruce Arena but declined, stating his desire to play for Italy

http://mohamedsalim.files.wordpress.com/2006/06/wc-fans-usa.jpg

VS.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6YyODYb8pEMR1sBXxcoSfKwRnD_DiJ MMjyglgWRM8Kv-jgFap

Can you blame him in his choice?

prizby
05-27-2011, 02:43 PM
look the point is teal lied...and lying has concequences

prizby
05-27-2011, 02:45 PM
you may have found me chanting this last game and you will find me chanting this tomorrow and next week

Teal, Teal, You're a cunt, You're a cunt
you'll always be a cunt,
you'll always be a cunt

pACI9rHmmyI&

Roogsy
05-27-2011, 02:58 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6YyODYb8pEMR1sBXxcoSfKwRnD_DiJ MMjyglgWRM8Kv-jgFap

Can you blame him in his choice?

Not in the slightest. I love Italian women.

Whoop
05-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Rossi moved to Italy as a young child to play football and never played for the US because he was in Italy and the US likely never heard of him until after he played for Italy's youth teams.

Bunbury played for Canada.

Difference.

Roogsy
05-27-2011, 03:14 PM
The funny thing is that FIFA has made playing eligibility much harder than it needs to be.

Whatever passport you hold at 18...that's where you can play.

If you hold more than one passport, then you have more than one choice. If you only hold one passport, that is your only choice.

Why are things made more difficult than they need to be? Instead we have a system where countries like oil-producers in the Middle East can "purchase" Latin-American players to become naturalized citizens. It's disgusting.

s2cazz
05-27-2011, 03:25 PM
^^^Didn't the Americans do that with a couple Mexican players in '06. I could be wrong

denime
05-27-2011, 03:27 PM
The funny thing is that FIFA has made playing eligibility much harder than it needs to be.

Whatever passport you hold at 18...that's where you can play.

If you hold more than one passport, then you have more than one choice. If you only hold one passport, that is your only choice.

Why are things made more difficult than they need to be? Instead we have a system where countries like oil-producers in the Middle East can "purchase" Latin-American players to become naturalized citizens. It's disgusting.

True,however even if they purchase a player,he must be citizen of that country for minimum of 5 years.Now Dubai and other countries from that region are asking FIFA to cut it down from 5-3 years,last I read FIFA told them NO.

werewolf
05-27-2011, 03:32 PM
won't stop the Gulf countries. They bring in African prodigies in their teens, give the parents money, or just bring the family over. Put them in academies and schools. Circumvents FIFA rules in a way that they arent transferring as minors to a specific club. In return, the players will live in that country and ultimately represent them for national team when they are adults.

Roogsy
05-27-2011, 03:39 PM
won't stop the Gulf countries. They bring in African prodigies in their teens, give the parents money, or just bring the family over. Put them in academies and schools. Circumvents FIFA rules in a way that they arent transferring as minors to a specific club. In return, the players will live in that country and ultimately represent them for national team when they are adults.

Immigration is immigration. Whatever the reason. I may immigrate to England for work or because my kid is a prodigy and I hope to have him play for their national team one day. Whatever the decision, people are moving around the world every day. I just think there needs to be cutoffs and controls so that a player can't be Canadian one day and English the next.

s2cazz
05-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Not in the slightest. I love Italian women.

Me too... Thats why I married one!

on that note. Here is another one. And she's a WAG. Damn you Vieri!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/426/860/MelissaSata-ChristianVieri-Italy_display_image_display_image.jpg?1286228672

s2cazz
05-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Speaking of Vieri... He was born in Australia to Italian parents I believe. Is he a traitor? LOL

ensco
05-27-2011, 03:47 PM
So let me get this straight.

Teal Bunbury was born here but really grew up in Portugal and the US. To say that he was "nurtured" by the Canadian soccer system is incorrect. Do I have this wrong?

Then he played for Canada as a U 20 and switched. OK I don't like when people do this, but the rules allow it, and he's hardly the first player to do it. (It's the opposite of the situation with the Vancouver replay - I don't like the rule, but since in that case it works out well for my team, I like it!).

Finally, he's the devil because he said he would play for Canada, but "lied"? Really? Seems to me he changed his mind, as people are allowed to do.

I think that people are going way overboard on this. The right thing to do is ignore this guy, not hate him.

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2011, 03:52 PM
^ lol if I am a gloryhunter, why not choose a better national squad like Spain / Holland / Engerland / Germany like everyone else did around this time last year?

Because it was their roots. In a tournament their nation wasn't competing.

Sidenote: I think it just as ridiculous to look past a team because they are good. If you have no connection to either it's just as disingenuous.

prizby
05-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Teal Bunbury was born here but really grew up in Portugal and the US. To say that he was "nurtured" by the Canadian soccer system is incorrect. Do I have this wrong?

Then he played for Canada as a U 20 and switched. OK I don't like when people do this, but the rules allow it, and he's hardly the first player to do it. (It's the opposite of the situation with the Vancouver replay - I don't like the rule, but since in that case it works out well for my team, I like it!).

Finally, he's the devil because he said he would play for Canada, but "lied"? Really? Seems to me he changed his mind, as people are allowed to do.

I think that people are going way overboard on this. The right thing to do is ignore this guy, not hate him.

he also said that it would be WRONG for him to play for the US

as a Canadian soccer fan, i had a lot of hope that Bunbury would be one of the final pieces to making some strong World Cup runs...my dreams of seeing Canada play in the World Cup might have come true with his help

if your hope is ____ dream job and one day someone comes around and offers you it....then later on he renegs this dream job of yours, do you hate him for doing so?

Stryker
05-27-2011, 03:56 PM
I look at this a little differently. I'm born and raised Canadian, love Canada, have worked for years and years for Her Majesty's civil service both federally and provincially (in Ontario and BC) and I've taken multiple oaths to the Queen.

However can I ever thank you enough for the hoops you were forced to jump through to land a high paying federal job.
:picard:

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2011, 03:57 PM

The Portuguese and US did not pay for him to play for Canada. He's in sports and as such is libel to get accolades or ire in equal measure. You don't like the hypocrisy? Welcome to sport where passion often rules.

ensco
05-27-2011, 03:57 PM
he also said that it would be WRONG for him to play for the US

as a Canadian soccer fan, i had a lot of hope that Bunbury would be one of the final pieces to making some strong World Cup runs...my dreams of seeing Canada play in the World Cup might have come true with his help

if your hope is ____ dream job and one day someone comes around and offers you it....then later on he renegs this dream job of yours, do you hate him for doing so?

Listen, he obviously said something stupid, but so what?

This thread sounds like to me like the rantings of a guy, whose fiancee left him for a richer, better looking guy. The correct response is to find an even better looking girl (although admittedly this can take time).

Roogsy
05-27-2011, 04:08 PM

This thread sounds like to me like the rantings of a guy, whose fiancee left him for a richer, better looking guy. The correct response is to find an even better looking girl (although admittedly this can take time).

But you have to understand the mentality of the Canadian soccer fan.

When you've been dumped once, it's bad luck. Shit happens.

When you've been dumped twice, it's coincidence.

When you've been dumped three times...you start to wonder if it's not them, it's you.

More than that, you simply become either a) suicidal or b) incredibly bitter.

What we are seeing are the fruits of our heartbreak.

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2011, 04:10 PM
^Yeah but ensco we're gonna have to see that bitch at least twice a year!:D

ExiledRed
05-27-2011, 04:35 PM
All I see is a bunch of talented footballers, snubbing an organization that blatantly doesnt have their interests at heart and doesn't care about the very thing it is charged with controlling.

The CSA is a joke. Everybody wants to feel jilted and angry at these kids, while the real reason they left are watching baseball and divvying up the government funding.

menefreghista
05-27-2011, 05:02 PM
All I see is a bunch of talented footballers, snubbing an organization that blatantly doesnt have their interests at heart and doesn't care about the very thing it is charged with controlling.

The CSA is a joke. Everybody wants to feel jilted and angry at these kids, while the real reason they left are watching baseball and divvying up the government funding.

I had to read this over twice, for a second I thought you were talking about the 3 Academy kids that were released.

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Is this not running away from a problem?

prizby
05-27-2011, 09:34 PM

difference is, I would never ever go out of my way to see my fiance, but when Teal comes to BMO once a year...he is coming to MY HOUSE, and he can GET THE FUCK OUT

soussol
05-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I hate Bunbury because it was completely a merc move on his part. If he truly felt like he was a Yank and had US citizenship, fine. But it wasn't.

If I was Alex Bunbury, I'd beat the crap out of Teal for being a twat

What if it was his dad's choice for him to play for the youth teams? What if the kid was trying to please his hero dad all along? Just saying!

prizby
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Rpflgovn0tA wondering what this supposive legacy he is trying to upkeep?

jloome
06-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Rpflgovn0tA wondering what this supposive legacy he is trying to upkeep?

I dunno. Alex led the portugese league in scoring at Maritimo, if I remember right. He finished his career at KC but spent most of it in Europe.

Lots of personal judgments in this thread without much suggestion those involved actually know one another well. People are getting more and more bitter as this lousy season goes along.