PDA

View Full Version : Timbers Army already sells out -or- YES PITY

Azerban
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.droppingtimber.com/2011/05/alaska-airlines-write-chants.html

According to sources I'm not even going to bother shaming, the people singing in this upcoming commercial are indeed TA, not paid extras.

Between this, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9VzvTaf50), and Seattle (no source necessary), we need to figure out why Cascadia is so embarrassing and whether or not it's an airborne thing or a venereal disease.

Wagner
05-19-2011, 09:49 PM
That was pretty quick for the TA to sell out...

TFCRegina
05-19-2011, 10:07 PM
http://www.droppingtimber.com/2011/05/alaska-airlines-write-chants.html

According to sources I'm not even going to bother shaming, the people singing in this upcoming commercial are indeed TA, not paid extras.

Between this, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9VzvTaf50), and Seattle (no source necessary), we need to figure out why Cascadia is so embarrassing and whether or not it's an airborne thing or a venereal disease.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV5qgB3AFOwu5kFQeNo8lEcHesXN7EQ za2VOqTwIGpIv3FPfRw&t=1

Or the Chest Bump video...can't seem to find it. Comedy gold...and embarrassing to football fans globally.

Wagner
05-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Carey is a good owner.
I would prefer if TFC had an owner like him.
a true fan...rich...

gmacpheetfc
05-20-2011, 05:49 AM
at least its every fan in Portland Seattle sing and encourage the team and get involved. Compared to bmo where its just a quarter of the south end and the north east corner...........

CretanBull
05-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Selling out is the new keeping it real.

Note to potential corporate sponsors: I'm available, let's talk.

Azerban
05-20-2011, 06:11 AM
at least its every fan in Portland Seattle sing and encourage the team and get involved. Compared to bmo where its just a quarter of the south end and the north east corner...........

this is patently untrue and already people in seattle are starting to complain about the daytrippers but sure (and its the northwest corner bee tee dubs)

Fort York Redcoat
05-20-2011, 06:32 AM

"Every fan was singing"

-Famous mythological football saying

Jack
05-20-2011, 07:31 AM
The Evil Bert video still makes me cringe...

menefreghista
05-20-2011, 07:32 AM
We don't have to sell out. The club whores our image anyways.

Whoop
05-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Selling out is the new keeping it real.

Note to potential corporate sponsors: I'm available, let's talk.

Is that what they are doing in the music industry? LOL

Use to be the songs you would hear were like 20-25 years old.

Now you got Hollerado used in a Rogers commercial and Martin Solveig used in a Trident commercial, the Ettes in a Kotex commerical. LOL

Nomad
05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
There was a marketing meeting during the Supporters Summit in Toronto with all the SGs in attendance represented along with the league and director of marketing. You'd be very surprised who was open to the idea of supporters getting freebies in order to market to their own people....

Pigfynn
05-20-2011, 01:19 PM
^^ Is there some kind of code of silence involved in that meeting? Why not just say who it was rather than imply that we'd "be surprised"??

Boris
05-20-2011, 01:22 PM
There was a marketing meeting during the Supporters Summit in Toronto with all the SGs in attendance represented along with the league and director of marketing. You'd be very surprised who was open to the idea of supporters getting freebies in order to market to their own people....

yup.
the groups from toronto all stared at each other and had a good laugh after the meeting

Boris
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM
^^ Is there some kind of code of silence involved in that meeting? Why not just say who it was rather than imply that we'd "be surprised"??

no need to get into politics.

To be honest, there was a debate and some people expressed interest in taking the convo further.

Wagner
05-20-2011, 01:27 PM

The League put that on the agenda for that meeting.

MOST of the SG's were interested in things like free paint for banners...
or maybe a free tent for tailgates...
you can't really fault groups, especially smaller ones from being interested in that.

but no one was interested in "whoring."

It's a fine line.

CretanBull
05-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Now you got Hollerado used in a Rogers commercial and Martin Solveig used in a Trident commercial, the Ettes in a Kotex commerical. LOL

People aren't buying music, but companies are still paying publishing fees to have songs placed in TV shows, commercials, video games, movies etc. Its one of the few ways musicians can still make money...its also why record labels are now demanding a percentage of publishing income - even though they have nothing to do with publishing.

james
05-20-2011, 02:40 PM
nothin new,Toronto was an embarrisment with some of the promos they did and brutal BMO commercials :picard:

and to be honest i wish we could have Drew carrey as are owner, he actually gives a shit about Seattle and there supporters. And Seattle and Portland have much better support then we do now, they out sing and do better Tifos then us these days!

menefreghista
05-20-2011, 02:54 PM
nothin new,Toronto was an embarrisment with some of the promos they did and brutal BMO commercials :picard:

This one?

AduWZk_Kxsw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AduWZk_Kxsw)

prizby
05-20-2011, 03:05 PM
^ :30 wish the stands looked like this everytime...but MLSE is anti flags

Azerban
05-20-2011, 03:09 PM

yeah i can't understand the difference between a corporation doing an embarrassing, corporate thing and a supporters group lending their voice and identity to an embarrassing, corporate thing either

i mean, that commercial is an atrocity but at least it didn't have yeoman jiggling his tits in it

Boris
05-20-2011, 03:12 PM
yeah i can't understand the difference between a corporation doing an embarrassing, corporate thing and a supporters group lending their voice and identity to an embarrassing, corporate thing either

i mean, that commercial is an atrocity but at least it didn't have yeoman jiggling his tits in it

yeah....
i guess peeps didnt get your point

Mark TFC
05-20-2011, 03:25 PM
The Evil Bert video still makes me cringe...

I actually can't force myself to watch it. Way too damn awkward.

Yohan
05-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I saw yeoman's tits jiggle once. I have nightmares

Azerban
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I saw yeoman's tits jiggle once.

just once? envying you over here

Red Rat
05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
This should be on our front page with a note to FO as a reminder
This one?

AduWZk_Kxsw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AduWZk_Kxsw)

Yeoman
05-20-2011, 04:52 PM
and the seven degrees of yeoman have arrived

TFCRegina
05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I actually can't force myself to watch it. Way too damn awkward.

I watch up until the part where Bert comes out. Then I mute and hit X as rapidly as possible. It's so embarrassing for soccer fans everywhere.

TFCRegina
05-20-2011, 04:55 PM
This should be on our front page with a note to FO as a reminder

Who doesn't love ultimate warrior?

Jack
05-20-2011, 05:02 PM

Omerta must not be broken.

AL-MO
05-20-2011, 07:18 PM

YESSSSSSSS Nomad!

BS1327
05-20-2011, 08:00 PM
In SI this week, there was an article on Seattle, Portland and Vancouver.

I found it funny how they used pictures of the Timber Army, Seattle Supporters, and Steve Nash....

ExiledRed
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I love the BMO commercial, especially Ed O Neill's performance.

I dont know how they made him look twenty years younger though.

WestStandGeoff
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Is that what they are doing in the music industry? LOL

Use to be the songs you would hear were like 20-25 years old.

Didn't this really start a few years ago when Moby whored out pretty much his entire album for commercials while it was still in the new realease section?

Yohan
06-12-2011, 04:18 PM
dhlhV0iCsgM&

UGH. So bad

Whoop
06-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Didn't this really start a few years ago when Moby whored out pretty much his entire album for commercials while it was still in the new realease section?

He was one of the first.

CretanBull
06-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Before using his music in publishing, Moby had never sold more than a couple hundred thousand albums (world wide) and not sold more than 60,000 in a single territory. After optioning his songs for publishing, he sold 10 million albums and went multiplatium in just about every major market. He went from being on the verge of being dropped by his record label (pretty much career ending) to being a millionaire with that one move.

Whoop
06-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Sellout! LOL

I know the story.... it was just strange that it was him since he was pretty indie before that.