PDA

View Full Version : Beckham to miss league match to play in exhibition game

werewolf
05-19-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/beckham-to-play-in-nevilles-testimonial-2285947.html

David Beckham will be given permission to skip Los Angeles Galaxy's home league game against Houston Dynamo on Wednesday in order to play in his friend Gary Neville's testimonial against Juventus the day before.

Beckham, 36, has asked for permission to play in the game that will feature United's famous academy players from the "Class of 1992", including Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt as well as Gary's brother Phil, who came through later. Galaxy have accommodated Beckham's desire to play international football when he was still involved with England and have accepted that this is one occasion that their marquee name does not want to miss.

This is almost as bad as rescheduling league games for a friendly...and the league wonders why the world doesnt take it seriously.

MartinUtd
05-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Pathetic. But we already knew that, didn't we.

MartinUtd
05-19-2011, 05:11 PM
ps- what was kangaroo meat like?

Shep
05-19-2011, 05:14 PM
ps- what was kangaroo meat like?

and why no Buffalo? it's tasty, there's a buffalo ranch that makes them somewhere in SW Ontario

werewolf
05-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I've had Bison, its on the list. Kangaroo was nice, quite tasty and tender.

MartinUtd
05-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I've had buffalo/bison before. Kangaroo jumped out at me... I'm surprised, I figured it'd be a gamey and all around pain in the ass to eat (like rabbit).

Sorry for hijacking this thread already..lol

werewolf
05-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Depends how you cook it, certainly tasted like game meat, but it was at a restaurant so they knew what they were doing.

More interesting then Beckham disrespecting the league again.

ensco
05-19-2011, 05:37 PM
There are tons of flights from London to LA. He could play the Neville game Tuesday night, leave Wednesday 10am, land at LAX 1pm, have a nap at an airport hotel, then it's half an hour from there to Carson.

What I am missing?

ExiledRed
05-19-2011, 05:40 PM
There are tons of flights from London to LA. He could play the Neville game Tuesday night, leave Wednesday 10am, land at LAX 1pm, have a nap at an airport hotel, then it's half an hour from there to Carson.

What I am missing?

The after game piss up with the class of 92

habstfc
05-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Right..I agree.

This only proves he's never really been 100% commited to his team and this league (I wonder what Donovan thinks of this). This has really shown to be the case since he went back to play for AC Milan a couple years back. He'll play here as long as it suits him.

ExiledRed
05-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Its obvious that this isnt really important to Becks anyway, he's lying when he says Neville is his close friend.

Gary Neville is a cunt who doesnt have any friends.

Roogsy
05-19-2011, 10:22 PM
:lol:

Fort York Redcoat
05-20-2011, 06:57 AM

Its obvious that this isnt really important to Becks anyway, he's lying when he says Neville is his close friend.

Gary Neville is a cunt who doesnt have any friends.

C'mon now, which is it? Oh I suppose he could be playing the testimonial to hang out with everyone else from '92.:D

CretanBull
05-20-2011, 07:13 AM
I don't support this decision, but I'm FAR less offended by him missing a game to honour a 'friend' and long-time teammate with whom he shared a great deal of success and the prime of his career with than I am seeing Becks go out on loan to another club to miss months of a season.

james
05-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't support this decision, but I'm FAR less offended by him missing a game to honour a 'friend' and long-time teammate with whom he shared a great deal of success and the prime of his career with than I am seeing Becks go out on loan to another club to miss months of a season.

true that, but really if he was 100% behind any club he plays for he should never miss any games to play for other teams. its bs. But nothing new to us!

TOBOR !
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper248/stills/g9b1v081.jpg