PDA

View Full Version : What does this say about NCC/Whitecaps?

kodiakTFC
05-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Are they struggling to sell tickets in their first year or is the NCC just a foreign concept to people in Vancouver? Either way this deal is ridiculous and it seems to have worked, they have sold a bunch.

"$54 for Two Aqua-Section Tickets to See Vancouver Whitecaps FC on May 18 at Empire Field, Plus a FIFA 11 Video Game ($132.50 Value)"

http://www.groupon.com/deals/vancouver-whitecaps-fc?utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=749547&utm_source=rvs

boban
05-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Are they struggling to sell tickets in their first year or is the NCC just a foreign concept to people in Vancouver? Either way this deal is ridiculous and it seems to have worked, they have sold a bunch.

"$54 for Two Aqua-Section Tickets to See Vancouver Whitecaps FC on May 18 at Empire Field, Plus a FIFA 11 Video Game ($132.50 Value)"

http://www.groupon.com/deals/vancouver-whitecaps-fc?utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=749547&utm_source=rvs
They are just making sure they don't ruin it like here in this city MLSE did.

Carts
05-17-2011, 10:24 PM

To be fair to Vancouver, the Canucks are in Game-2 of the Western Conference Final on the same night as the NCC game vs Toronto...

The city is captivated with the Canucks, and being the best team in the NHL (record wise) and 3-games away from the Stanley Cup Final (would be their 1st appearance since 1994 & they have never won it) you can see why the game would be a tough draw...

I know the "footy fan" argument of "its only 20,000 out of a city of millions" but getting people to this match would take some incentive - they have done the right thing is doing so...

Hell, if I was them, I'd promise highlights on the big screen at halftime and post-game. No need to score update anymore, everyone gets it to their BB or iPhones almost instantly if they care about the result...

if it worked and they sold a bunch doing this - good for them...

Carts...

kodiakTFC
05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
To be fair to Vancouver, the Canucks are in Game-2 of the Western Conference Final on the same night as the NCC game vs Toronto...

The city is captivated with the Canucks, and being the best team in the NHL (record wise) and 3-games away from the Stanley Cup Final (would be their 1st appearance since 1994 & they have never won it) you can see why the game would be a tough draw...

I know the "footy fan" argument of "its only 20,000 out of a city of millions" but getting people to this match would take some incentive - they have done the right thing is doing so...

Hell, if I was them, I'd promise highlights on the big screen at halftime and post-game. No need to score update anymore, everyone gets it to their BB or iPhones almost instantly if they care about the result...

if it worked and they sold a bunch doing this - good for them...

Carts...

Oh yeah Hockey is still on. Perhaps they could play the Nucks game on the TV screens lol.

Whoop
05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Reminds me of being in Montreal last year for the match when game 7 between Pittsburgh and Montreal going on the same night and hearing cheers go up when the Canadiens scored.

And being at a Raptors game last year during the Olympics when Canada played Russia during a round robin game and the biggest cheers of the night were when Canada scored.

A.J
05-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Holy crap, I was thinking of buying FIFA 11.

It's almost as if they planned this to rub it in my face

Fort York Redcoat
05-18-2011, 07:33 AM

http://www.groupon.com/deals/vancouver-whitecaps-fc?utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=749547&utm_source=rvsUmmm you mean like we're STILL trying to educate fans on the importance of these matches? That deal is amazing and whoever got it together deserves extreme kudos. It's not just an amazing value but it gets the right kind of fan in. Look around the league and you'll find offers that have nothing to do with football and demean the ticket entirely.

Ruin the NCC? Or just everything? Again.

Boris
05-18-2011, 07:47 AM

i dont quite get this.....

Globetrotter
05-18-2011, 07:52 AM
MLSE gives us sweet deals. I remember in season one at the end of the New England season finale we could buy tickets to see the marlies for $2 off and get a free reversible toque.

They sure know how to sell.

flambe
05-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Should be considered that EA Sports is based outta Vancouver and the VWC are already they're new love child on the Fifa front.

ManUtd4ever
05-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Good deal, but I already have FIFA 11...:D

Fort York Redcoat
05-18-2011, 08:05 AM
MLSE gives us sweet deals. I remember in season one at the end of the New England season finale we could buy tickets to see the marlies for $2 off and get a free reversible toque.

I was embarrassed for them honestly. MLSE and the fans that go for that tripe.

boban
05-18-2011, 08:15 AM
i dont quite get this.....
I know.

boban
05-18-2011, 08:16 AM
I was embarrassed for them honestly. MLSE and the fans that go for that tripe.
hey, whats wrong with tripe? I love that ..mmmmmmmmmmm :)

Fort York Redcoat
05-18-2011, 08:21 AM

Everyone should try it once to know the weight of that term. Personally, I'll skip the tripa, grazie.

Technorgasm
05-18-2011, 08:48 AM

I ask for EXTRA tripe with my PHo.. I truly and honestly love it. .
I also love Football, and I hope I see a good example of it tonight.

I'll let you have your little moment, Demerit 'cause after this tournament,
your gym
your life
- and your gal
- are gonna be mine.

http://www.husseh.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/stillershot.jpg

Glory_Hunter
05-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Next week Groupon will have a similar deal here:
$154 for Two Light Grey Tickets to See TFC v Vancouver on May 25, Plus you get to buy 2 tickets for a future Marlies game ($45.50 Value)

jabbronies
05-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Next week Groupon will have a similar deal here:
$154 for Two Light Grey Tickets to See TFC v Vancouver on May 25, Plus you get to buy 2 tickets for a future Marlies game ($45.50 Value)

I feel like this is more of a deterrent than a deal.

Globetrotter
05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
^i don't think you understand that entire sentence

mastermixer
05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Well, TFC is giving away free beer with tickets during the summer. If you asked me if they would do such a thing two years ago I would of laughed and laughed and laughed....

Email from TFC yesterday:

Coming down with some friends? Join us on the Carlsberg Patio with the Carlsberg Patio Pass. For as low as $51* this limited offer gets you: a ticket to the game, a pre-game Carlsberg sampling event and a $10 food voucher! "

Darlofletch
05-18-2011, 09:53 AM
supply and demand

apples and oranges.

prizby
05-18-2011, 09:53 AM
good deal but fifa 11 is out of date, doesn't have the shitecaps, and if your a soccer fan, you already own it...now if it was fifa 12 out early, thats a different story

prizby
05-18-2011, 09:55 AM
remember the white caps have to deal with the Canucks being home at the same time and the puck dropping an hour earlier...not like after the NCC game u can go to the bars and catch the 3rd period

ManUtd4ever
05-18-2011, 09:57 AM
good deal but fifa 11 is out of date, doesn't have the shitecaps, and if your a soccer fan, you already own it...now if it was fifa 12 out early, thats a different story

Actually, FIFA 11 does include the Whitecaps in the "rest of world" category. The provision was made because EA Sports is an official sponsor of Vancouver.

prizby
05-18-2011, 10:24 AM
my fifa 11 doesn't have them...now i'm going to have to double check lol

menefreghista
05-18-2011, 10:31 AM

FIFA 11 is still listed as $55+tax at Best Buy.

kodiakTFC
05-18-2011, 12:21 PM
my fifa 11 doesn't have them...now i'm going to have to double check lol

You just have to update your game, they were added a few months ago as the poster above me said. Remember "rest of the world" not MLS.

TFCRegina
05-18-2011, 05:59 PM
I hope hardly anyone shows up. Not because I hate Canadian soccer, but the boys need all the help they can get on the road.

KezmanCCCC
05-18-2011, 06:23 PM
yup vancouver is in the game now... i beat them a few weeks back with TFC needless to say....