PDA

View Full Version : Pre Game: TFC @ Whitecaps NCC Final

ManUtd4ever
05-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Teitur Thordarson has had his eye on this match ever since the NCC Final matchup was established, based on the fact that he rested his top players against New England this past weekend.

A draw would be a decent result, especially if TFC can score a goal. A victory would be even sweeter. Hopefully, our top players will have enough gas in the tank to collectively play a solid 90 minutes and avenge the opening day debacle at Empire Field.

:scarf:

Carts
05-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Vancouver has only lost 1-match all season at home - so even though they only have the 1-win, it seems Empire is a tough place to play...

Do we go and play for the 0-0 road draw...?

Do we press for a road goal...?

Do we attack, attack, attack and take it to them...?

With this group, I'm not sure what formation or philosophy I'd send out there on Wednesday...

Winning the NCC is probably the only positive result we can legit hope for this season (based on current form thus far), if we come home being down 2-0 or something, it could be a quiet night at BMO next week...

Hmmmm?

Carts...

ManUtd4ever
05-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Winter will most likely deploy the usual attacking formation and press for a goal on the road. The biggest challenge for TFC will be on the defensive end, although Vancouver will be facing a much different backline than the one they dismantled on opening day.

Azerban
05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
hahaha i'm going to be so drunk and angry

Vancity RED
05-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Will be a quiet Empire Field on Wednesday night as this NCC game is going up against game 2 of the Western Conference Finals.

Yohan
05-16-2011, 09:13 PM
looks like vancouver has no MLS game schedule on this weekend, so they will be well rested for next wed's return leg at toronto

Walms
05-17-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm pumped for this encounter, it will be one of the biggest games we play all season.

As I've stated before, playing in the Concacaf is Imperative to this team right now. Having the chance to play agienst the technically skilled teams that you will find in the southern leagues would be a HUGE help in building our new style of play. if we miss out, it will be a devistating blow to this season, and our preparation going into next season.

Go TFC, With you all they way!!!!!!!!!!

mastermixer
05-17-2011, 10:20 AM
We should be able to beat a first-year MLS team right?

Darlofletch
05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
looks like vancouver has no MLS game schedule on this weekend, so they will be well rested for next wed's return leg at toronto

Given how colorado away would already be a very very tough prospect, I'm hoping we see a lot of players rested over the weekend as well. 2 most important games of the season.

Carts
05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm pumped for this encounter, it will be one of the biggest games we play all season.

As I've stated before, playing in the Concacaf is Imperative to this team right now. Having the chance to play agienst the technically skilled teams that you will find in the southern leagues would be a HUGE help in building our new style of play. if we miss out, it will be a devistating blow to this season, and our preparation going into next season.

Go TFC, With you all they way!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100%...

If we fail to defend our title, not only do we add up another 'loss / failue' in what appears to be a long season - but we lose out on those extra matches against different oposition...

I know there are drawbacks to a busy fixture list, but based on what we've seen, the MLS isn't in the cards - so the experience of those matches, and the chance to play more players in full game-action out weighs the negatives I think...

Plus, a trophy is a trophy and winning-breeds-winning...

Carts...

rocker

on the road, beating anyone is tough.

But a tie is reasonable.

Seattle could only muster a tie against Portland (first year team) in Seattle the other night.

Carts

LOL.....

KGH
05-17-2011, 11:02 AM
If there's two games that matter this year it's these next two NCC games. Considering the mls season is toast a victory in the NCC not only helps keep the cup in TO but will also provide valuable allocation $$$$. Granted we have no idea how much but every $ helps.

I'm expecting our A squad.

ExiledRed
05-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Make no mistake, losing this cup AND failing to make playoffs, is my criteria for failure.

Winter blows this, and I have no confidence in him going forward.

ManUtd4ever
05-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Given how colorado away would already be a very very tough prospect, I'm hoping we see a lot of players rested over the weekend as well. 2 most important games of the season.

Agreed.

dupont
05-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Will be a quiet Empire Field on Wednesday night as this NCC game is going up against game 2 of the Western Conference Finals.

That's good news... it may help diminish the home field advantage for Vancouver to have less fans there.

__wowza
05-17-2011, 12:38 PM
That's good news... it may help diminish the home field advantage for Vancouver to have less fans there.

two X factors in my opinion:

1) we are very much a different team than we were in their home opener.

2) home field advantage during the playoffs is really, really good and can't be understated. especially because of the way the last NCC's panned out; their team might've changed but their fans remember that we've basically stolen the trophy from them two years running.

Yohan
05-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, at least the Shitecaps supporters coming out on Wed should be the hardcore Toronto haters lol.

I'd be surprised if TFC gets a draw out of well rested, and well motivated Vancouver team. Their league form may be shite, but Teitur Tots got Vancouver to keep playing and not give up, unlike TFC.

AmherstNY_TFC
05-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I question the wisdom of going all out for this tournament. To what end? To get into the CONCACAF Champions League? And what good does that do us? More games and more travel in a competition they won't advance in, let alone win? The prize money can't be that good. It can't be worth the extra risk of injury to an already thin squad.

I'd take the Europa league approach, and not be bothered with it.

Yohan
05-17-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm all for making the playoffs first, but CCL does have its glamour... just look at RSL. plus there are other benefits, like additional allocation money

trane
05-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Amherst,

As a Canadian winning Canada's tournament to represent Canada in the CONCACAF means alot.

To me it is more important then the MLS. But I am one of those that would prefer an all Canadian league.

Darlofletch
05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
yep, just being canadian champs is important in and of itself. aside from that though, the league season's likely to be a struggle, nothing like a good cup run to serve as a distraction. give the fans something to enjoy, as well as take some of the pressure off winter. If we get to the stage where we're serious supporters shield/mls cup contenders, then maybe it wouldn't be a good thing, until then bring it on.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-17-2011, 04:08 PM
good for a new team trying to develop, gives playing time to bench players and the like. Definitely important to me, especially in year where we arent likely to fair well in the league.

Dave67
05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
In Dallas on the 11th and lose a game we could have won.
Home in Toronto on the 14th and fall apart in the second half.
In Vancouver on the 18th..

Can't see us getting anything from this game. That's an exhausting travel schedule, pro athlete or not.

Auzzy
05-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Nice, the game is going to be streamed live at http://www.sportsnet.ca/

rocker
05-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I question the wisdom of going all out for this tournament. To what end? To get into the CONCACAF Champions League? And what good does that do us? More games and more travel in a competition they won't advance in, let alone win? The prize money can't be that good. It can't be worth the extra risk of injury to an already thin squad.

I'd take the Europa league approach, and not be bothered with it.

I see where you're coming from. Now that we've won the Canadian Champ twice just winning it doesn't mean as much to me. If we go through, we need to have a long run and not just bow out at the Group Stage. But I don't think this year's team has the horses to do that (neither the quality nor the depth). I can't see Winter playing all reserves and academy boys in league games either, so the team will be stretched very very thin. This team doesn't have RSL's depth.

A long run in CONCACAF would be great, but I don't see the team being capable of doing that. So in the end we'll have a short run in CONCACAF and no playoffs either. I say focus on the season, have a game every week as it should be (not every 3 days), bring in some reinforcements in the transfer window, and go for the playoffs, something TFC has yet to accomplish.

Then as the team gets better and deeper in upcoming years, go for CONCACAF. It is afterall, a competition that comes along every single year.. and given how few teams compete for the Canadian berth, it's likely a good TFC team could be into the competition fairly regularly.

Azerban
05-17-2011, 11:00 PM
with all due respect, rocker, that is fucking stupid; trophies own, never let vancouver have a single one, they can choke

LesH
05-18-2011, 02:53 AM
I see where you're coming from. Now that we've won the Canadian Champ twice just winning it doesn't mean as much to me. If we go through, we need to have a long run and not just bow out at the Group Stage. But I don't think this year's team has the horses to do that (neither the quality nor the depth). I can't see Winter playing all reserves and academy boys in league games either, so the team will be stretched very very thin. This team doesn't have RSL's depth.

A long run in CONCACAF would be great, but I don't see the team being capable of doing that. So in the end we'll have a short run in CONCACAF and no playoffs either. I say focus on the season, have a game every week as it should be (not every 3 days), bring in some reinforcements in the transfer window, and go for the playoffs, something TFC has yet to accomplish.

Then as the team gets better and deeper in upcoming years, go for CONCACAF. It is afterall, a competition that comes along every single year.. and given how few teams compete for the Canadian berth, it's likely a good TFC team could be into the competition fairly regularly.

:picard:

swan
05-18-2011, 05:25 AM
for us fans south of the boarder i'm thinking it will hard finding a stream for this one...

and no we cant watch the sportsnet one..

Heathen
05-18-2011, 06:07 AM
with all due respect, rocker, that is fucking stupid...

paste that onto your clipboard, you'll be using it a lot

ecospice
05-18-2011, 07:18 AM
We have to win this tournament. Anything less is unacceptable.

I hope to see a big game from JDG tonight - he should leave it all out on the pitch and completely control the midfield - after all, he misses the next league game and can rest over the weekend.

:scarf:

Cashcleaner
05-18-2011, 07:30 AM
with all due respect, rocker, that is fucking stupid; trophies own, never let vancouver have a single one, they can choke

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll take a trophy over an empty spot in a dusty display case any day of the week.

Fort York Redcoat
05-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Did not know about Vanny's weekend off. That makes an away win all the more crucial. A 1-nil for us or a 2-1 win in front of a near empty stadium waiting for the Canucks game to start..

And let me get my annual "This tournament is more important than league play" statement out of the way. There. Done.

I mean, why would one want to save the best for an early exit to the MLS playoffs to play the same shit towns we play every year?

ManUtd4ever
05-18-2011, 08:09 AM
I agree that the CCL is a significant and attainable goal for TFC that could provide valuable experience for a young club looking to develop chemistry and establish an identity.

I have no doubt that Winter will play his strongest lineup for both matches in an attempt to qualify, as he should. The NCC should not be taken for granted because it will become increasingly difficult to win this tournament in the years to come.

tfcleeds
05-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Vancouver can eat it...hope we crush their dreams again.

rocker
05-18-2011, 09:48 AM

yes, trophies own in the youthful lingo you employ. And winning the MLS Cup would be nice too... gotta make the playoffs first tho.

But nobody has refuted my assertion that playing in both competitions (league and cup) will likely damage our chances at achieving anything in both league and cup.

Azerban
05-18-2011, 10:16 AM
yes, trophies own in the youthful lingo you employ. And winning the MLS Cup would be nice too... gotta make the playoffs first tho.

But nobody has refuted my assertion that playing in both competitions (league and cup) will likely damage our chances at achieving anything in both league and cup.

we're essentially out of the playoffs already, hope this helps

scenarios people are dreaming up are already starting with "well, we only have to be flawless at home and pick up a couple road wins and some ties and also to have Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ die for our sins again"

Derko
05-18-2011, 10:17 AM
In my opinion, I feel the Champions League is more important than MLS standings, obviously I want TFC to win games in the MLS, but there is more to excel in International Club Football, so having said that, at the very least a 1-1 draw, but a 2-0 win is what TFC and Winter should be aiming for, Attack,Attack,Attack and clean up defensively. TFC are a different team than the one on opening day at Vancouver, we know we can attack and score, and we know we can defend well, they just have to be full steam for 95 minutes.

rocker
05-18-2011, 10:32 AM

Uh, no. No MLS team is essentially out of the playoffs in May.

Last I checked, TFC is one win out of 6th place in the league. Did you know there are 10 playoff spots?

I'm not sure where you're reading about "scenarios" but one win by TFC and one win by another MLS team is not a difficult scenario to get back into a playoff spot.

Don't fret, my little buddy, we can do it!

Hope this helps!

rocktml
05-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I have predicted the last 4 TFC games can the streak stay alive!!

There is no way TFC will come out with a victory. Best case we come out with a Draw. But we will end up losing by one.

DangerRed
05-18-2011, 10:37 AM

scenarios people are dreaming up are already starting with "well, we only have to be flawless at home and pick up a couple road wins and some ties and also to have Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ die for our sins again"

Learn how to add. We're one win from being second place in the conference. No one is out of the playoffs yet.

Azerban
05-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Uh, no. No MLS team is out of the playoffs in May.

Last I checked, TFC is one win out of 6th place in the league. Did you know there are 10 playoff spots?

Hope this helps!

yes, fantastic, mathematically that's true; again, all we need to do is be flawless at home and pick up road wins and also the jesus christ thing. that's why i said essentially, and not the word you read, which was (???)

i also feel like you're not looking at the fact that only two teams in the top 10, heck, only 3 teams total have as many games played as we do, but i suppose if they all decide to forfeit them, we do have a solid chance.

ExiledRed
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM

I'm not sure where you're reading about "scenarios" but one win by TFC and one win by another MLS team is not a difficult scenario to get back into a playoff spot.

Hope this helps!

You're skewing statistics and forgetting that this team isnt looking very good at all and every team weve played seems to have figured out how to adapt to our revolutionary new playing style.

Practically every team above us has played less games and has a positive GD. We have played more games than anyone in our conference (were 7th of 9) and we have a GD of -6. We're not going to bounce back easily, and if we do it will be because all the other teams are suddenly 'rebuilding' too.

We are nowhere near sixth place in the league when all games are played.

Azerban
05-18-2011, 10:49 AM
don't forget exiled, that we front loaded our schedule with home games to get to the lofty heights we are at now

but we're so historically strong away, that we'll definitely make it up, especially this weekend away to the defending mls champs at altitude

ExiledRed
05-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Learn how to add. We're one win from being second place in the conference. No one is out of the playoffs yet.

I didnt realise that the other teams were all done playing their games.

trane
05-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I am being positive, but playoffs are a long shot, to say the least. I just hope that we are playing better by the end, and that we get in the CL and make a run.

MLS games are there for us to get into form, at this point. If we get on a incredibel run, then great, but it seems rather unlikely.

ExiledRed
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
don't forget exiled, that we front loaded our schedule with home games to get to the lofty heights we are at now

but we're so historically strong away, that we'll definitely make it up, especially this weekend away to the defending mls champs at altitude

Im sure we'll run out of breath attractively, and there will be marked signs of improvement as we develop our 'horseshoe' formation

Technorgasm
05-18-2011, 11:02 AM
I'll let you have your little moment, Demerit 'cause after this tournament, your gym, your life, and your gal
- are gonna be mine.

http://www.husseh.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/stillershot.jpg

we're not in a good spot, btu then again I know of many teams in 2011, that had a HORRIFIC start, looked bad and were near the bottom, onyl to go on a tear and end up near the top. Its totally possible. . .

Can anyone honestly stand their ground and believe that this league and the teams within are predictable?

__wowza
05-18-2011, 11:04 AM
rocker: i'm not expecting playoffs. this isn't mediocrity speaking, this isn't "we've won it two years running lets go for a third!", this is me honestly saying i'd like to see how our new squad and new style compare to teams in other regions.

we're refining our club to fit the MLS method of play, we can do that every single week until we find a winning formula. we only have a finite number of games to do that at the CONCACAF level, and unfortunately, the only way to get that test is by winning the cup.

Azerban
05-18-2011, 11:09 AM
at the end of the season, toronto and vancouver will have missed the playoffs, but one of us will have the cup

i'd like it to be us, and not them, and additionally i never want them to have anything nice

that is all

ExiledRed
05-18-2011, 11:14 AM
rocker: i'm not expecting playoffs. this isn't mediocrity speaking, this isn't "we've won it two years running lets go for a third!", this is me honestly saying i'd like to see how our new squad and new style compare to teams in other regions.

we're refining our club to fit the MLS method of play, we can do that every single week until we find a winning formula. we only have a finite number of games to do that at the CONCACAF level, and unfortunately, the only way to get that test is by winning the cup.

Dont worry its not about logic, its about pre-fabricating excuses when you know you're going to lose so you can look at everybody else and say "were you expecting to win? seriously, dont you know anything about football? were rebuilding you know, and developing a system you know, really you should watch more football like i do and then youd understand the long process involved in building a team and.....blah fucking blah"

ensco
05-18-2011, 11:25 AM

We are 16th or 17th, when you adjust for games played, home games played, and strength of schedule.

Technorgasm
05-18-2011, 11:26 AM
The real question is. . are there any Vancouver shite caps fans that live in Toronto?

Cheers! Vancity_RED!!!

menefreghista
05-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Anyone know the status for Gordon? Is he fit enough to play?

rocker
05-18-2011, 11:42 AM
You're skewing statistics and forgetting that this team isnt looking very good at all and every team weve played seems to have figured out how to adapt to our revolutionary new playing style.

Practically every team above us has played less games and has a positive GD. We have played more games than anyone in our conference (were 7th of 9) and we have a GD of -6. We're not going to bounce back easily, and if we do it will be because all the other teams are suddenly 'rebuilding' too.

But you're assuming all other MLS teams will play at their current form. That's unlikely. Also, the games in hand argument always assumes all other teams ahead of us will win all their games in hand. Again, that's unlikely. What if a few of those playoff teams finish the way we started and we finish the way they started? then we have a reversal.

Chicago was in almost the same position as TFC a few years ago (sucking). They signed Blanco midseason and made the playoffs.

All I'm saying is that to say we're "essentially out of the playoffs as of today" doesn't understand that MLS is a parity league. Call me in September and we'll see.

Anyways, if we suck so bad and can't make the playoffs, then we're not going to have much of a run "and win trophies" in CONCACAF either. I'm really surprised that people who think we can't make the playoffs with 23 games left think we can succeed in CONCACAF.

Here's a compromise: beat Vancouver, get our trophy, then lose in the CONCACAF play-in to some Central American side, and then try to make the playoffs, where we could more easily win a trophy (no, I can't see TFC winning CONCACAF in 2012 if RSL couldn't this year).I think the odds of winning the MLS Cup are greater than the odds of winning CONCACAF. RSL proved it.

rocker
05-18-2011, 11:49 AM
this is me honestly saying i'd like to see how our new squad and new style compare to teams in other regions.

But will it be a true test when we're playing games every three days with a team that people say isn't even good enough to make the playoffs as currently constituted? I think the demands of too many games will mean we'll fail at both miserably.

Focus on one or the other is all I'm saying. But I can't see Winter tanking MLS because the parity means we won't be completely out of it.

ExiledRed
05-18-2011, 11:53 AM
But you're assuming all other MLS teams will play at their current form.

No I am not, you are assuming that all the other teams are going to decline dramatically and we are somehow going to improve drastically.

What I am doing is looking at the quality on display, and comparing that to the quality around the league, looking at how many home games weve played, and how many games the other teams have played and Im predicting that by the business end of this season we will have to fight like bastards to make that spot, and even if we do it will come down to the last game and we wont be in control of our destiny at that point.

Derko
05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Holy Fuck guys, stay on topic. Too many satisticians, this is about Winning the Nutrilite Championship and moving to the next level, not whether TFC make the playoffs or not, frustrating to say the least.

TFCRegina
05-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Hope this helps!

One more win doesn't put us in a playoff spot. About 6 or 7 more does. And with our schedule the way it is, we're probably not doing that.

ensco
05-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Holy Fuck guys, stay on topic. Too many satisticians, this is about Winning the Nutrilite Championship and moving to the next level, not whether TFC make the playoffs or not, frustrating to say the least.

OK. Not much to separate the two teams. Vancouver have looked better than their MLS record, and are rested, it's a road game, so....we're pretty clearly bigtime underdogs tonight.

I'll be doing the Game in 6 thing in the morning. Hope I regret it.

Technorgasm
05-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Its Raining. . . .. .. . .

REIGNING CHAMPS!

ecospice
05-18-2011, 01:12 PM

I think we have more, and better, depth this year.

We have several players who can play well at AMD and FWD: Gordon, Santos, Martina, Stavanovic and Plata. Soolsma and Zavarise are servicable and improving. They can play good minutes which rests the better players.

We have good midfield depth with JDG, Tchani, Sturgis and Yourassowsky.

Back line is pretty good at three spots with: The Eck, Cann and Williams. Borman or Yourassowsky are okay at the other fullback spot. We've got the un-tested Omphoy and the benched Attakora and the part time Gargan, too. All of them can play decent minutes.

While success in both the league and CONCACAF pose the problems/challenges you point out, the fact we have quality depth for the first time ever should overcome those problems/challenges.

If we pick up a decent player or two from Europe (or elsewhere) it should help.

I am going to polish my rose colured glasses.

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf::drinking:

markus
05-18-2011, 04:28 PM
CCL draw pits Monterrey vs. Comunicaciones (http://www.concacaf.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12813%7E2362542,00.html)

"...The last team from Group C will advance from a Preliminary Round match-up between the Canadian champion (either Vancouver or Toronto) and Nicaragua's entrant (either Walter Ferreti or Real Esteli).
Vancouver faces Toronto for the Nutrilite Canadian Championship Wednesday and May 25 while Ferreti and Esteli face off in the second leg of the Nicaraguan finals on Saturday. Ferreti won the first leg 1-0...."

http://www.concacaf.com/javaImages/7/c4/0,,12813%7E9683975,00.jpg

Azerban
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
if we make it past vancouver, we by far have been drawn into the easiest group

RedsYNWA
05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
make or break TFC

ExiledRed
05-18-2011, 07:29 PM
if we make it past vancouver, we by far have been drawn into the easiest group

Yeah thats what the other three teams are thinking

bgnewf
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
The Voyageurs Cup Final Begins

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/05/the-voyageurs-cup-final-begins/

Some pre game thoughts ahead of the kick off of the 2011 Voyageurs Cup Final in Vancouver.

TFC USA
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
God I remember when I cared about the Canadian CL.

Now it just feels.....blech.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-18-2011, 07:48 PM
^ Sorry to hear that. I'm surprised by the number of people on here who seem indifferent about the team. Not to suggest you're one of them, but I shocked by the number of people who seem to relish the problems the teams is having on and off the field too.

Nuvinho
05-18-2011, 07:58 PM
In Vancouver: 1-1
In Toronto: 0-0

TFC advances on away goals...boom!!

ExiledRed
05-18-2011, 08:01 PM
God I remember when I cared about the Canadian CL.

Now it just feels.....blech.

Well it means more to me than scraping the playoffs of a predominantly american competition that doesnt progress us to the champions league because were foreigners, if thats any consolation.

Mark TFC
05-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Come on you Reds! Let's start it right tonight, let's bring it home next week!

Redpunkfiddle
05-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Lineup

Frei, Gargan,Cann,Williams,Eckersley;Tchani,DeGuzman,Pet erson;Plata,Santos,Soolsma.

TFC USA
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
^ Sorry to hear that. I'm surprised by the number of people on here who seem indifferent about the team. Not to suggest you're one of them, but I shocked by the number of people who seem to relish the problems the teams is having on and off the field too.

I kinda think the format sucks.

A group stage where each team plays each other once followed by a one-game playoff out of the top 2 would've sufficed.

This? We got an easy opponent and an easy ride to the final. I should be happy about that but the format is just terrible.

bgnewf
05-18-2011, 08:20 PM

A group stage where each team plays each other once followed by a one-game playoff out of the top 2 would've sufficed.

This? We got an easy opponent and an easy ride to the final. I should be happy about that but the format is just terrible.

Ever heard of fixture congestion??

TFCRegina
05-18-2011, 08:33 PM

I like the format. Reduces the number of games TFC has to play.

Vince Whirlwind
05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
If we could find another Eckersley for LB, I'd be happy enough with Cann/Williams in the middle...Gargan just ain't cuttin' it.

West220Side
05-18-2011, 08:52 PM
oh no, oh no, oh god no!!! eight minutes before the game comes on and the satellite going down because of the storm!!! NO!!!

Derko
05-18-2011, 08:56 PM
If we could find another Eckersley for LB, I'd be happy enough with Cann/Williams in the middle...Gargan just ain't cuttin' it.

I agree, Gargan from the bench in a pinch.

West220Side
05-18-2011, 09:16 PM

You mean like his older brother? Adam Eckersley who plays Leftback?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Eckersley_%28footballer%29

Whoop
05-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Get rid of Gargan already.

Gazza
05-18-2011, 09:18 PM
You mean like his older brother? Adam Eckersley who plays Leftback?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Eckersley_%28footballer%29

The 27 year old Eckersley that Gerry was talking about?

Brooker
05-18-2011, 09:19 PM
blast it on net once in a while, boys...

West220Side
05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
The 27 year old Eckersley that Gerry was talking about?

My understanding is he's 25, fairly decent fullback like his brother. I think he has more attacking qualities though. (from what i've seen, which isn't much)

Brooker
05-18-2011, 09:28 PM
oops wrong thread.

West220Side
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
do I hear Vancouver's version of Tribal Rhythm Retards?

You mean the pots & pans clan?

Brooker
05-18-2011, 09:40 PM
rofl