PDA

View Full Version : WTF #1: Hindsight Threads.

__wowza
05-11-2011, 03:52 PM
evening gents,
in my latest attempt at making a weekly/monthly feature for the boards, i'm posting snippets of random content i'd brainstormed. hopefully when i get more time on my hands i'll be able to keep something like this, or this (by the numbers (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25600&highlight=numbers)) going. in the meantime, enjoy my first installment of the weekly top fifteen!!

- WEEKLY TOP FIFTEEN -
you know what they say; hindsight's a bitch, hindsights 20/20, etc, etc. well this team in particular has had no lack of moments that we can look back and have a laugh, or a cry, about. enjoy this installment of the wtf...
THE TOP FIFTEEN WORST RED PATCH BOYS FORUM HINDSIGHT POSTS

15 FOUND IN A PLAYER OF THE YEAR THREAD:
"I say Ricketts as he seems to always give 100%."

14 A SERIOUS THREAD TITLE:
"Gerba, overweght, or small kit?"

13 POSTED THE YEAR BEFORE HE WON THE GOLDEN BOOT:
"The league has changed a lot since Cunny was actually good. There are better players now and the talent level has surpassed him. Cunny's time is done."

12 POSTED IN THE POST NYRB PLAYOFF FUCK-UP PANIC RAGE THREAD
"We need to get Tyronne Marshall back at whatever cost"

11 PREGAME AGAINST THE PR ISLANDERS IN THE CCL THREAD
"I expect us to use a very attacking formation, and I can't wait to see what results from it. Another Montreal, maybe?"

10FOUND IN THE VITTI GOAL APPRECIATION THREAD:
"the start of MANY MANY MORE!!!!"

9 AFTER THE FIRST LOSS TO THE PR ISLANDERS:
"I for one think MoJo has done an admirable job securing draft picks and players of quality in laying the foundation for the future"

8 FOUND IN A RATE PREKI THREAD:
"I absolutely have faith in Preki."

7DERO WOULD LATER ADMIT THAT HE DIDN'T TRUST HIS TEAMMATES TO SCORE:
"the thing with De Ro is that the "2009 De Ro" was a ball hog who tried to do everything himself. he's much more trusting"

6 IN THE HOW MANY GOALS WITH CHAD BARRETT SCORE THREAD 09:
"15+ When I dream, I dream BIG!"

5 GUEVARA WOULD LATER GO ON TO SCORE A 90TH MINUTE GOAL, HIS SECOND OF THE NIGHT, TO GIVE TORONTO FC THEIR FIRST NUTRILITE TITLE:
"I absolutely think that Guevara should sit this game. Nutralite games don't mean anything to him"

4 POSTED 5 MINUTES BEFORE HE WOULD NET HIS FIRST OF 3 GOALS:
Dwayne's playing like shit.

3 "hopefully Paul Winsper is working his magic on these guys."

THIS THREAD COULD'VE EASILY BEEN ALL ABOUT THE NUTRILITE CUP GAME, BUT I NARROWED IT DOWN TWO POSTS AFTER MONTREAL SCORED THE 24" PENALTY

2 5 goals? Half the time we cant hit a broken barn door

1 And that my friends is game.

__wowza
05-11-2011, 03:53 PM
i didn't want to include the poster names, mainly because hindsight IS a bitch, and this isn't anything you should be able to hold someone too. i made it for a laugh, so let's have a laugh (but not at the expense of others).

swan
05-11-2011, 03:56 PM
lol some good stuff there

MG42
05-11-2011, 03:59 PM
hahaha 14 is great!

Fushida
05-11-2011, 04:02 PM
great post, hilarious memories. definitely remember the emotional rollercoaster that was the NCC game, and remember those very posts, haha

Whoop
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Good stuff wowza. LOL

Shep
05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
that was awesome to read. I vote weekly, but that's a lot of work.. bi-weekly?

ArmenJBX
05-11-2011, 04:13 PM
WOOO i think i posted 4 :D

pekduck
05-11-2011, 04:19 PM
WOOO i think i posted 4 :D

You sir will be a diamond mine of hindsight quotes :D

You know.. how great Peterson is before he's cut? :cool:

haha, j/k.

MG42
05-11-2011, 04:23 PM
^ hahahaha

kodiakTFC
05-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Hilarious. Stuff like this is why I love the internet.

jloome
05-11-2011, 05:06 PM
LOL, I think I might've been "Dwayne's playing like shit." That seems familiar.

akoto
05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
no jloome, it was dub narcotic. I had to check because I thought it was me too.

Globetrotter
05-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I think you should make people accountable for running their mouths. I took a lot of flack in a thread when I said the lineup this season wasn't as good as people were saying. I said Martina would be another Ricketts and some clown practically wanted to ban me forever. (guess there's still time for my Martina comment to be a hindsight classic).

Same with the mad love for Gargan the past few years. So funny how people can hide when threads get buried.

Fun thread though. Hope you find more.

Juanito
05-14-2011, 10:24 PM
^^

HA HA HA! I've said my fair share of bollocks. I was on "Team Rohan" back in the day and I did a search on what I've said over the past few years, I'm shocked at how STUPID I sound. Wisdom ..... HA HA HA!

rocker
05-14-2011, 10:34 PM
how about the guy who posted that Joao Plata would never be good enough for MLS cuz he's too small. That's already a hindsight classic. Of course it's only 2 goals so far.... but I'm keeping that poster's comment in my head for season's end when we can assess the little guy.

TFC USA
05-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Thank god none of my posts made it on there. 90% of them are negative anyway. :D

DichioTFC
05-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Thank god none of my posts made it on there. 90% of them are negative anyway. :D

LOL thank god mine aren't either. I'm sure I could have my own top 15, mostly from the Preki Appreciation Threads.

Oh god I'm such a tool :facepalm:

jloome
05-15-2011, 10:57 AM
I think Rohan's been my only one I'd take back. I hyped the hell out of him, but it was obvious after about two months that he'd taken a "big fish in a small pond" egotistical approach again and it was going to shit.

What a shame. That two-goal game was really something. Huge skills, 10-cent head.

Cashcleaner
05-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Glad Wowza threw up one for Pablo Vitti. I have never seen so many people verbally masturbate over the prospect of bringing in an attacking midfielder who had scored only once in over three years.

Who remembers this poll? http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=10170&highlight=Vitti

I swear, during his time with Toronto, the guy impressed me maybe twice.

King Jeff
05-15-2011, 12:48 PM
"I absolutely have faith in Preki."

I think that was me. I also started the "Hire Preki" thread.

Whoops.

ensco
05-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Robert. I loved the guy. He was no Mista, he was a truly elite player in his prime. His first few games here were very impressive.

Then he decided nobody else here knew how to play (which was probably true) and gave up.

Jack
05-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I think the Cunningham one might be mine. I remember saying that sort of thing back then.

I didn't realize he was just a douche who quit on the team..

ExiledRed
05-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I think the Cunningham one might be mine. I remember saying that sort of thing back then.

I didn't realize he was just a douche who quit on the team..

I thought the cunny one was me actually, but I couldnt say for sure.

I think that in a hindsight thread like this though, only bhoybobby is going to win. That guy was right about everything and we all hated him for it.

I remember his take on Cunny:

"He should be kicked hard in the balls and launched into lake ontario"