PDA

View Full Version : is ANYONE going to the Pachuca game....?

Mikey
07-04-2008, 06:36 AM
SO many tickets being unloaded in the ticket exchange forum, is their going to be ANY TFC south end support at this game, or will it be like last years Benfica match with away supporters running round at the top of 112-118?

Canadian Blue
07-04-2008, 06:41 AM
well there is really no interest in going to a friendly that in all honesty I hope we play our B squad in

dannyd
07-04-2008, 06:47 AM
I can not for the life of me understand why we would schedule a friendly mid-season. I would not pay 2 cents to go watch this game.

Warm-up games are supposed to be for the pre-season...

djking2
07-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Pachuca is a quality squad and I'm looking forward to seeing them and maybe getting a look at Ibee. I've been to reserve games though. This one just cost a little more.

DOMIN8R
There are plenty of RPBs going. Myself included. It will be great fun to see a qualitity Mexican team face our boys. I enjoyed last years friendlies as well. But I would enjoy just watching our team practice - so I'm a wee bit obsesive.

Shaughno
I'm going. I'm curious to see how we stack up against a possible C.Cup opponent.

djking2
07-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Nice one Domin8r. Either you get it or ya don't eh?

Carts
07-04-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm going to be there...

Looking forward to seeing how we stack-up to these guys like Shaughno mentioned...

I also hope we see everybody on the pitch at some point (have both sides waive the sub limit) - try new formations and ideas out there...

I must say though, had this not been part of my Season Tickets, I wouldn't have been able to shell out the $120 a ticket printed as face value... Some of the people selling off their seats are looking to cash in on that I think (which in itself is a debate that has been had)...

Hopefully the people selling their tix aren't the same ones asking for more night games - because here's a Saturday night game waiting for them this week...

Carts...

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 07:03 AM
We'll be there!

sweetlemon69
07-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Why people wouldn't want to see this game is beyond me. Maybe they just love the team and not the actual game? TFC vs Pachuca is huge. We get to see how we fair against better clubs, and how we can improve our squad. Mo can use this as leverage to increase players, etc. You guys are nuts!

London
07-04-2008, 07:10 AM
i am going

dannyd
07-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Why people wouldn't want to see this game is beyond me. Maybe they just love the team and not the actual game? TFC vs Pachuca is huge. We get to see how we fair against better clubs, and how we can improve our squad. Mo can use this as leverage to increase players, etc. You guys are nuts!

I don't think friendlies are any kind of gauge on how you stack up. We drew against Benfica last year in a friendly and are you going to tell me we stack up evenly against Benfica?!

This is a joke of a game, it's a gimmick to line MLSE's pockets. Sorry to sound cynical. But it's just another chance for our players to get injured and distracted from what matters - The league and Canada cup.

Friendlies like this should be pre-season only.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 07:33 AM
I don't think friendlies are any kind of gauge on how you stack up. We drew against Benfica last year in a friendly and are you going to tell me we stack up evenly against Benfica?!

This is a joke of a game, it's a gimmick to line MLSE's pockets. Sorry to sound cynical. But it's just another chance for our players to get injured and distracted from what matters - The league and Canada cup.

I do agree they should be scheduled at a different time of the year, but I think this game has more weight than any friendly we've played so far. This is a team that we could very well face in the C.Cup down the road. Maybe not this year, but if we know how they play it's a lot easier to adapt to suit.

UltraFootyKWC
07-04-2008, 07:35 AM
I'll be there, standing and singing my heart out in 117. I don't like the idea of a mid-season friendly, but I am very excited to see how we compare to one of the best clubs in the Americas, especially one with such history. I could care less who Carver puts out on that pitch. It will be a good game regardless.

KrazyKanadian
07-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeee love you
We love you
We love you
And where you go, we follow
We follow
We follow
Cuz we support Toronto
Toronto
Toronto
And that's the way we like it
We like it
We like it

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 07:36 AM
I'll be there, standing and singing my heart out in 117.

Atta Boy! I'll be doing the same...but at the top of 112.

I always like seeing how we stack up against intenational teams (eg outside the USL and MLS). Should be a good game.

dannyd
07-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I do agree they should be scheduled at a different time of the year, but I think this game has more weight than any friendly we've played so far. This is a team that we could very well face in the C.Cup down the road. Maybe not this year, but if we know how they play it's a lot easier to adapt to suit.

But the thing is... you're not going to know how they play from this friendly. You're not gonna learn squat. You think they're going to approach this game the same way they'd approach a CL game? They would be crazy if they did. This is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.

If Guevara or Dichio or Wynne heaven forbid get injured in this game, would any of you say it was worth it?

Wagner
07-04-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm there.
I'm amped up.
Pachuca is a quality squad.
I don't understand why people are so against this match.

Also, we as a group should want our squad to want to win at home vs. Any Team.
This is OUR HOUSE.

The Pope
07-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I just picked up 2 tickets - $40 for the pair

face value says $70/ticket

nice deal

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Ya, it's beyond me why people wouldn't want to go. I mean, you team is still playing, regardless of whether it's a friendly or not. Should we not support them?

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 08:01 AM
I'll be there. Why wouldn't I go see a home game?

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 08:02 AM
oh... and Todd Dunivant called and personally invited me. Too bad he's out on an injury, but at least I know that a recorded copy of his voice cares about the little guys like me.

TFC Cityboy
07-04-2008, 08:02 AM
The tickets are included int he ST price so why wouldn't I go? I agree that friendlies should be pre-season, but the MLS season doesn't really help in that regard as most big leagues are in the important home stretch in March.
I hope we play some of the kids so I can get to see how they do...we picked up too many injuries in similar circumstances last summer and they way we are playing cannot afford to do so again...

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 08:03 AM
But the thing is... you're not going to know how they play from this friendly. You're not gonna learn squat. You think they're going to approach this game the same way they'd approach a CL game? They would be crazy if they did. This is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.

If Guevara or Dichio or Wynne heaven forbid get injured in this game, would any of you say it was worth it?

You can still learn from playing the team in a friendly, to say you aren't going to learn anything at all is foolish. Sure it's not going to be the same team or tactics that you would see in a CL game, but there's still plenty to take out of it. How they distribute the ball, how they challenge, certain player's tendancies, etc.

I said it before the friendlies last year and I stick by it. I'd much rather have the friendlies at a less critical time of the season.

I'm not 100% when the Mexican league plays, but if it's typical FIFA schedule... you really think they will want to play in the middle of THEIR season? Remember, we're the underdogs, we asked them to come and to that effect we have little say on when they can and can't come.

Bluenose13
07-04-2008, 08:07 AM
The Aston Villa game was one of the best games last year.......If TFC is at home, I will be there.

Jay P
07-04-2008, 08:09 AM
yup, due to work, can't make a lot of the sat afternoon games.. so being a night game, friendly or not, I am there.

Technorgasm
07-04-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm going. I'm curious to see how we stack up against a possible C.Cup opponent.

This is why I WANTD to go, but since my seat mate has given me so many tickets, and his work schedule permits him to go, I gave him the next 3 games worth.

BOTH friendlies. . and San Jose.

so. . there ya go, my quota for missed games has been fulfilled.

I will look to you Shaugno for a FULL match report !

Pinkie
07-04-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm not going:(
but i gave away my tickets...and really the face value when i printed them was 16$...none of this 70$ bullshit...

Bluenose13
07-04-2008, 08:11 AM
but i gave away my tickets...and really the face value when i printed them was 16$...none of this 70$ bullshit...
People selling them for $70 on this site is robbery :(

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 08:20 AM
the face value of mine is $58 and I sit in some really prawny seats. $70 is bullshit.

dannyd
07-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Ya, it's beyond me why people wouldn't want to go. I mean, you team is still playing, regardless of whether it's a friendly or not. Should we not support them?

Yeah, I agree we should support them definately... I'm just at a loss to understand why TFC would schedule a friendly in the middle of the season. Thats what pisses me off. I've never heard of it before last year and I just don't see the logic behind it (besides more ticket sales for MLSE).

We have nothing to gain and everything to lose... doesn't make sense to me.

bdrs
07-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I think it is going to be a great game and the weather is supposed to be awesome! I am there.

Red CB Toronto
07-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I am looking forward to the game, it should be a good one

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I agree we should support them definately... I'm just at a loss to understand why TFC would schedule a friendly in the middle of the season. Thats what pisses me off. I've never heard of it before last year and I just don't see the logic behind it (besides more ticket sales for MLSE).

We have nothing to gain and everything to lose... doesn't make sense to me.

Again, when would you prefer these teams to come and play? You do realize we pay them to come and play us here right? So they aren't going to do it in the middle of THEIR season.

H Bomb
07-04-2008, 08:40 AM
This is the first game I'm missing and I'm sad about it. If I was going to miss a friendly I'd prefer to miss Indi because I'm really interested in the Mexicans leagues quality. Fingers crossed in the not too distant future Pachuca come back in a non friendly match!!

cuecas_red
07-04-2008, 08:56 AM
the face value of the tickets never match what is printed from the account manager and is not consistence game to game. Most of the ones I printed have said $20 while some said $14 and the one $14 game was suppose to be a premium game while the $20 games were just normal games. :noidea:

if I didn't have a family reunion that night I would have been there, I love night games

Damien
07-04-2008, 08:57 AM
oh... and Todd Dunivant called and personally invited me. Too bad he's out on an injury, but at least I know that a recorded copy of his voice cares about the little guys like me.

You're adopted and nobody loves you.

TorontoFC_Matt
07-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I am going to be there with some Pachuca fans, well girls ;) haha!

I love seeing other squads play, especially our "B" squad. So I am going to make the best of sitting closer to 111-112-113 in 110 thanks for JDG and introducing my guests from Mexico here on vacation visiting their cousin a great time.

See you at the game, see you at the bar after, done and done....

juki
07-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I thought we support our team thru think and thin???

On top of that, Pachuca is a quality team and any chance i can get to see good football I'm in.

London
07-04-2008, 09:03 AM
the face value of the tickets never match what is printed from the account manager and is not consistence game to game. Most of the ones I printed have said $20 while some said $14 and the one $14 game was suppose to be a premium game while the $20 games were just normal games. :noidea:

if I didn't have a family reunion that night I would have been there, I love night games

you are 100% correct!!
i have supporters section seats, that the printouts range from 9 bucks to 17 bucks!!
i have wondered about this for a while now?

juki
07-04-2008, 09:04 AM

That day we did!

Gobi
07-04-2008, 09:07 AM
It would take either a wedding or a funeral to get me to miss a match, and even then it would be a difficult decision!

--------------
So, how many important starters can we injure this time?

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 09:08 AM
It would take either a wedding or a funeral to get me to miss a match, and even then it would be a difficult decision!

We actually missed a wedding cuz it was game day. It was one of Craig's friends from like high school that we hardly see, and i don't know her very well. So I didn't really feel that bad.

Kevvv
07-04-2008, 09:16 AM

Same diff, for the guy

:hide:

Phil
07-04-2008, 09:19 AM
I will be there, can't wait :D

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 09:19 AM
http://bojack.org/images/carson2.jpg

HEYYY OHHHHH

rocker
07-04-2008, 09:21 AM
my 6 year old nephew is attending this match with me. I didn't want to waste a good game on the brat in case he gets tired or cranky.

Zeke_Jones
07-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Ill be going for sure!!

Tried to get my girlfriend to go but shes gonna be busy working so im bringing a drinkin buddy!!!

My ticket also says 70 but i cant imagine paying that much for a mid-season friendly, its a good thing some of us arent in it for the payoff.

KrazyKanadian
07-04-2008, 09:34 AM

Recorded?? I wondered why he kept cutting me off when I was trying to talk to him about the game. It all makes sense now.

I don't go to games to see the other teams, I go to see MY team. If I was that kind of fan, I'd only ever show up for the Los Angeles games.

Pachuco
07-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Pachuca is a quality squad and I'm looking forward to seeing them and maybe getting a look at Ibee. I've been to reserve games though. This one just cost a little more.

Glad your going man. See you there, we'll represent 109 :)

Milton_Arab
07-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I'll be there, standing and singing my heart out in 117. I don't like the idea of a mid-season friendly, but I am very excited to see how we compare to one of the best clubs in the Americas, especially one with such history. I could care less who Carver puts out on that pitch. It will be a good game regardless.

right behind you brother! i'm toronto till i die, not toronto when i feel like it like some freeloaders that have been filling up the bunker lately. people need to realize as supporters we have a job to do, week in, week out for 90 mintes WHOEVER we play. Anyone that I see not chanting their hearts out 30 min before kickoff to 30 min after REGARDGLESS of the result should stay home

Pachuco
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
By the way, there is an article on that terrible thing we don't link to or talk about that says Jim Brennan will be the only starter in tommorrow's game since he can't play in the Vancouver game due to suspention.

My curiosity is, who is our starters? I sure as hell don't know how our starting 11 is.

noochie
07-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Ibbe! Ibbe! and LOMBARDO!!

dannyd
07-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Again, when would you prefer these teams to come and play? You do realize we pay them to come and play us here right? So they aren't going to do it in the middle of THEIR season.

Exactly - they would never schedule a friendly in the middle of their season. I don't know any other teams that would. So why is TFC the only team stupid enough?

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Because we won't get teams to play us any other time.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Ibbe! Ibbe! and LOMBARDO!!

Fuck I wanna see Ibbe play!

ACSertL
07-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Because we won't get teams to play us any other time.

Exactly...we're the only crazy ones that pay to see TFC! :)

reggie
07-04-2008, 10:41 AM
is there anything better then watching TFC on a beautiful saturday night.
I THINK NOT............

reggie
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Is there anything better then watching TFC on a beautiful saturday night.
I THINK NOT........

Boris
07-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I am going to be there with some Pachuca fans, well girls ;) haha!
See you at the game, see you at the bar after, done and done....
ok...i will impress them with my spanish...eh?

ill be there. The reason is simple...its for my team enough said...the love i have for them has no dollar value...

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I THINK NOT........

sums it up nicely.

Pachuco
07-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I THINK NOT........

There is. Watching TFC WIN on a beautiful saturday night.

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm glad somebody asked the question, though. There are a lot of tix available.

Concerning the problem of meaningless friendlies midseason I hope to see pre and post season friendlies in the future with the few world leagues that keep a similar schedule to MLS. I'm hoping to see a lot more of the Mexican league in the champions league...

flatpicker
07-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I couldn't possibly think of anything I would rather do than watch TFC play!

well... then again... there is sex... but I don't see that happening tomorrow!
:(

BC101
07-04-2008, 11:35 AM
THATS what iam saying... Everyone says "oh its a friendly who cares" but its also seeing a potential opponent for the C.Cup... just because the tag "Friendly" is on it they fail to see the big picture.

djking2
07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
One of the things I love about the game is ya don't really need any reason to play. It's footy ya just play!

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 11:43 AM

well... then again... there is sex...

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that :D

kelzag
07-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Pete & I are going. So are BOTH of my brothers-in-law!

flatpicker
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that :D

and yet you didn't include the rest of my quote...
... ah the perks of marriage!

TFC_Junky
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
man, I had to give up my seat to my father-in-law... is the game being broadcast?

Don Julio
07-04-2008, 12:11 PM

Yeah, but the Carlsberg Cup wasn't on the line against Benfica!

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 12:13 PM
and yet you didn't include the rest of my quote...
... ah the perks of marriage!

It really is a great thing :D

Rawkus_420
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM

this came with my season ticket, so Im going to watch it. I think it will be sweet to see a different team play from a somewhat stronger league. Its not very often we get to see teams like this play, well not me anyways. I will be there with bells on.

noochie
07-04-2008, 12:19 PM
THATS what iam saying... Everyone says "oh its a friendly who cares" but its also seeing a potential opponent for the C.Cup... just because the tag "Friendly" is on it they fail to see the big picture.

I tend to agree with you here. Even though it is reserves vs. reserves it says something about the talent level in general and especially the depth.

Side note though... Pachuca will not be in C.Cup this year. The 4 teams from Mexico are Cruz Azul, UNAM Pumas, Santos Laguna and Atlante FC. I grant that you may be implying that we are playing a similar quality team versus actually playing Pachuca again.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-04-2008, 12:23 PM
The Aston Villa game was one of the best games last year.......If TFC is at home, I will be there.

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning, B13!

The difference is with the number of games this month I doubt we are going to see the first team…mind you the way we've been playing…

brando
07-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I simply won't miss a game.
It doesn't matter who TFC are playing, or who Carver puts on the field.

I haven't missed one yet, and until something incredibly important comes up I'll be in the stands each and every home game......and every possible away match I can get to.
I am a supporter.
Not a part timer.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I simply won't miss a game.
It doesn't matter who TFC are playing, or who Carver puts on the field.

I haven't missed one yet, and until something incredibly important comes up I'll be in the stands each and every home game......and every possible away match I can get to.
I am a supporter.
Not a part timer.

A FUCKING MEN.

I tend to agree with you here. Even though it is reserves vs. reserves it says something about the talent level in general and especially the depth.

Side note though... Pachuca will not be in C.Cup this year. The 4 teams from Mexico are Cruz Azul, UNAM Pumas, Santos Laguna and Atlante FC. I grant that you may be implying that we are playing a similar quality team versus actually playing Pachuca again.

We won't be in it this year anyway will we? I thought the Canada Cup was the qualifier for next year's CCup?

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 12:32 PM
I am a supporter.
Not a part timer.

Well said :D

Workie always jokes I'll go into labour during a game...and won't leave for the hospital until the game it over...he's pretty much right...

noochie
07-04-2008, 12:35 PM
We won't be in it this year anyway will we? I thought the Canada Cup was the qualifier for next year's CCup?

We would be. The winner of this Nutrilite thingy goes onto play against the winner of the Nicaraguan league this year and then into the group stage (if we win).

Match play begins in Aug/Sept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_Champions_League_2008-09

ExiledRed
07-04-2008, 12:36 PM
A FUCKING MEN.

Actually the qualifier is for the CL beginning in August pf this year I think.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 12:38 PM
^^ Fair enough, for some reason I thought it was for next year. Regardless, we win the Canada Cup again next year and there's a possibility we play Pachuca then. :lol:

AL-MO
07-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I'll am definitely going to this game. Bringing a buddy as well.

Hooligan69
07-04-2008, 12:51 PM
The TTC went on strike so I walked over three hours to BMO to see the game. I fell and injured my foot, knee and hand so I filled my body with painkillers so I could attend the game at BMO. It would take something major for me to miss out on an opportunity to see Toronto FC play at home. In short, yeah, I'm going to be there tomorrow evening.

And maybe one of these days I will get my passport renewed so I can attend away games once again.

VPjr
07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I'll be there....can't wait.

Jeff s
07-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Im going, but Im still not overly thrilled with these useless friendlies.

London
07-04-2008, 01:17 PM
here is a reason to like pachuca i guess??

just start it at around 4 minutes:)

Uatqm7JnNp8

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I remember watching that one :) Landycakes must have had a good cry after that one... then... he got thirsty...

Draracle
07-04-2008, 02:51 PM
why wouldn't you go? Unless, of course, you are just a causal fan...

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:03 PM
...or a greedy casual fan. ;) :lol:

Yeoman
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I'll be there. I think I've got tickets lined up to be in the bunker for this game as well. just sorting that out right now.

giambac
07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
SO many tickets being unloaded in the ticket exchange forum, is their going to be ANY TFC south end support at this game, or will it be like last years Benfica match with away supporters running round at the top of 112-118?

I offered my tickets away for free and no one wanted them. Finally the tenth person I asked took them.:noidea:

Hooligan69
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Part-time supporters.

Mikey
07-04-2008, 04:25 PM
well... then again... there is sex...

Away games on the TV mean you can do both!!! :grouphug:....allegedly.

Cambridge_Red
07-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm going obviously. Paid $40 for mine in 115

Derko
07-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes I am going, I would like to see Pachuca play, they are quite a good side, I am taking in an evening friendly, having a night on the town, a few beers. Why not, it's a match I paid for I am going to use it.
It will be nice to see some of the development squad gets some field time.

TheHollister
07-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I wasn't going to go because my bank account is waaaay too low.
I might be there though! Just waiting to hear back about a possible ticket...

Tomorrow I'll go into holy-shit-I'm-poor mode. Tonight is for TFC. :D

tfc_4_ever
07-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeee love you
We love you
We love you
And where you go, we follow
We follow
We follow
Cuz we support Toronto
Toronto
Toronto
And that's the way we like it
We like it
We like it
QFT !!!!!!!

Fort York Redcoat
07-07-2008, 10:06 AM
It was reported that 18k made it to the game. I'm glad there were so many enjoying the TFC. Anybody see Mexican league fans in their gear?

TorontoFC_Matt
07-07-2008, 10:09 AM
It was reported that 18k made it to the game. I'm glad there were so many enjoying the TFC. Anybody see Mexican league fans in their gear?

I was with some Pachuca fans. My friend had a cousin here from Mexico and her friend they LOVED the game and the atmosphere. I am lazy and havent uploaded my pictures yet. We were in 110 it was great

MisterMacphisto
07-07-2008, 10:17 AM
There were a few Mexican fans at the top of 127. And while I wasn't exactly thrilled with having Mexican fans in mid 127, they were actually really good. Very respectful the whole game, and I heard them making tons of positive comments about TFC's play, the stadium and atmosphere.