PDA

View Full Version : Bring your flags early...

werewolf
05-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I followed the rules this week and brought my flag to Gate 3, an hour or so before the gates opened. The gameday staff were there, and very pleasantly took my flag, and headed towards 112. About 90 mins later when I reached my seat, the flag was there, but it wasn't in the condition that I left it.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=2753

Some type of gum/spit right in the middle. :noidea:

No clue how it got there, and all I could do at the time was wipe it off with a napkin, was still a mark on the nylon that I will try to rub out.

Countless people from many different aspects of stadium operations are in the stadium, and I don't want to pin it on the TFC gameday staff, as they seem decent enough and doubt they had anything to do with it.

That's the danger with introducing illogical rules. Am I really going to be encouraged to bring my flag the next game, or any flag in the future if its just going to be spit on? Any other time I brought my flag, I was in complete control and never had anything befall my flag, and if it ever did it was my responsibility.

JonO
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
point me in the direction of the bastard who spit on that flag....

Boris
05-09-2011, 12:52 PM
im cutting and pasting this original post and sending an email to FO

s2cazz
05-09-2011, 12:59 PM
This is why it is important we push back IMO. But we aren't here to rebel against authority.

What happens when peoples things go missing entirely? It WILL happen, just like this will happen again to someone else.

Yagbod
05-09-2011, 01:03 PM
That is unreal. But leads me to a question:

The flags that are being handed out as part of the RPB membership package on the 28th. Are they big enough that we will have a problem at the gate or should we all show up early enough that we can walk over and 'check' them at the door? And what about the march this weekend? Flagless?

I hope this policy is dropped as a result of that insult shown above.

menefreghista
05-09-2011, 01:03 PM
The flag policy has been implemented to keep flags out of the stadium.

The FO wants to sanitize the game day experience. Its part of the ACC-ification of BMO Field.

TFCRegina
05-09-2011, 01:45 PM
The flag policy has been implemented to keep flags out of the stadium.

The FO wants to sanitize the game day experience. Its part of the ACC-ification of BMO Field.

Because that's really rational. The only thing that keeps most casuals coming to the game is the atmosphere put on by the supporters. God knows they don't show up for the winning football club.

London
05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
that is messed up,

it sounds to me like you think it was purposly done, thats fucked.

Phil
05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
This situation is a bit discouraging. Its being looked into.

Shep
05-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I wonder if it'd be a good idea to take the names (or employee #'s) of the staff that you hand your flags/banners to.

Traceability.

If something goes missing or gets damaged we'd at least have a name to start with, and I think if they were giving us their names they might treat the material a little better.

werewolf
05-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I give the benefit of the doubt to the gameday staff that it wasnt there doing. I saw the guy walk off with the flag, and I think its safe to assume he put the flag in 112 and returned to the gate. It's the 90 mins of unsupervised time that is the real problem. Something that never existed before, and shouldn't exist now.

point me in the direction of the bastard who spit on that flag....

that is messed up,

it sounds to me like you think it was purposly done, thats fucked.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I guess you never know.

Red Rat
05-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I say we give FO a break and leave al flags and drums at home for one day, make their lives easier

Carts
05-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Was it spit on the flag...?

Pics can always look different, because that pretty "white" spit...

I got gunk like that on my jeans once at BMO, it was like a cocking, filler, lubricant on one of the metal connectors on the railings...

I brushed by and had almost the exact same looking mess on the side of my leg (jeans), went 'ah f*ck' (because I lost some beer when I brushed the railing) looked down and it was gunk off the joint in the metal that I bumped into...

Looked exactly the same... But like I said, pics can make things look very different - you saw it personally...

Carts...

s2cazz
05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I say we give FO a break and leave al flags and drums at home for one day, make their lives easier

To me this seems like the logical course of action. If it needs to be checked we don't bring it.

Boris
05-09-2011, 08:51 PM
so i had en email conversation with Cesar.
Beginning this weekend someone from security will be assigned and on the hook of taking care of our things until we arrive.

As i said earlier, things are still being worked out. We have a few options in the works to make things easy. If things dont improve we will for sure need to think about things but at the end of the day we are a supporters group, not an angry protest group.

Darlofletch
05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
is that not bird shit? that's what it looks like to me, though obviously I've only got a photo to go by.

Rudi
05-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Beginning this weekend someone from security will be assigned and on the hook of taking care of our things until we arrive.
Seriously?

How about the stupid rule about bringing flags 1:45 before kickoff be dropped entirely? Flags are not the gateway drug to flare/smoke usage, FFS.

prizby
05-10-2011, 09:22 AM

As i said earlier, things are still being worked out. We have a few options in the works to make things easy. If things dont improve we will for sure need to think about things but at the end of the day we are a supporters group, not an angry protest group.

it'd be nice if we could have a place at BMO just to leave a few things after each game...like a little storage locker; might make their lives easier without having a bunch of guys coming at different times before gates open to drop things off and then needing to have a security person babysit it

menefreghista
05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
it'd be nice if we could have a place at BMO just to leave a few things after each game...like a little storage locker; might make their lives easier without having a bunch of guys coming at different times before gates open to drop things off and then needing to have a security person babysit it

I think they use to do this, and then stuff started going missing.

London
05-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Seriously?

How about the stupid rule about bringing flags 1:45 before kickoff be dropped entirely? Flags are not the gateway drug to flare/smoke usage, FFS.

Just say NO to flags:canada:

Boris
05-10-2011, 09:56 AM

in year 2 we had all of our banners go missing so we stopped.
Thats why we use storage.

Carts
05-10-2011, 10:05 AM
is that not bird shit? that's what it looks like to me, though obviously I've only got a photo to go by.

If it is, some people will be screaming for 'Bitchy' to get fired - not scaring away the seagulls early enough! :rolleyes:

s2cazz
05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
If it is, some people will be screaming for 'Bitchy' to get fired - not scaring away the seagulls early enough! :rolleyes:

No but if we have to bring our flags early and check them, the responsibility is theirs to make sure when we receive them they are in the same condition that they were when we checked them in.

London
05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
what about someone that brings a flag on there own??

say i sit in section 119 who is watching my flag??

i aplaude the effort but dont realy see how 1 person can watch flags and banners spread around 11 sections in the stadium.

a check in outside- check out inside system would work better

s2cazz
05-10-2011, 10:33 AM
^^ Yes it would, but reversing the rule would eliminate the problems all together. So lets not help them improve their process.

gunnerken
05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Well I tried a different tack last week and entrusted my flag with DavydMT after the Academy game at Lamport who assured me it would be available at the 112 Capo stand for the Houston game (there is no way I can personally comply with the new early check in rule..absolutely bogus in my mind).
We were a little late getting to BMO (I was reffing my daughter's game), and when I couldn't see it by the stand, I naturally was concerned. Shortly after the anthems, I saw it being waved by someone in 112. A big thanks to Parky, who heard my shout, and it was duly passed over.
I realize not everyone sees this issue as a major concern, but I really enjoy waving the colours, and I truly hope some alternate measures can be instituted to accomodate us.

ACSertL
05-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I also don't see what the substance on the flag is has anything to do with the discussion.

Carts
05-10-2011, 10:57 AM
No but if we have to bring our flags early and check them, the responsibility is theirs to make sure when we receive them they are in the same condition that they were when we checked them in.

LOL... Jesus, I was just kind of joking around dude...

London
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
there is a pic??

am i missing something???

kaos197O
05-10-2011, 06:53 PM
a check in outside- check out inside system would work better
That is a terrible idea! It would just lengthen your personal game day headache. So now you have to invest all this time coming down early to check in a flag or drum that you will use support to your team, to create an atmosphere that FO will pimp out to the public, just to spend more time, once inside, trying to check out those very same items not 45 minutes later! SCREW THAT!

London
05-11-2011, 04:55 AM
^^^ so your saying the system works as it is????

as of now our stuff is just left there for anyone to take or deface.

how many people do you think bring flags and banners???

not more than 20 at best. do you realy think the line will be that long??

i knw that id rather have someone watching the stuff rather than it sitting in the open for anyone to take

s2cazz
05-11-2011, 07:39 AM
LOL... Jesus, I was just kind of joking around dude...

I know lol

werewolf
05-13-2011, 11:42 AM
If the resolution is a security guard standing there, I am probably not going to bring flags in the future. There were two security guards standing at the front of 112 as it was last week having a chat.

This season has really be unmotivating in regards to stadium staff, one would think with the team continuing to struggle on the field, it wouldn't feel like a hassle to support.

Juanito
05-14-2011, 10:37 PM
If the resolution is a security guard standing there, I am probably not going to bring flags in the future. There were two security guards standing at the front of 112 as it was last week having a chat.

This season has really be unmotivating in regards to stadium staff, one would think with the team continuing to struggle on the field, it wouldn't feel like a hassle to support.

Stop complaining and be a good "Maple Leafs-esque" sheep! ;)

Auzzy
05-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Seems like the handful of Shitcago fans got alot more flags into the stadium today than all the TFC fans did... Thanks FO, you're awesome...

menefreghista
05-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Seems like the handful of Shitcago fans got alot more flags into the stadium today than all the TFC fans did... Thanks FO, you're awesome...

I wonder if they had to show up 1:45 before kick off to get their flags in?

Juanito
05-14-2011, 10:42 PM

TFC FO .... best proctologists in the business!

kaos197O
05-14-2011, 10:45 PM
^^^ so your saying the system works as it is????

as of now our stuff is just left there for anyone to take or deface.

how many people do you think bring flags and banners???

not more than 20 at best. do you realy think the line will be that long??

i knw that id rather have someone watching the stuff rather than it sitting in the open for anyone to take
Do whatever works for you man. I can't be bothered to spend up to 2 and a half hour fucking around just to bring a flag and/or some drums in to each game. I already drive up to 5 hours, add the game itself, and then all that hassle.

No Thanks!

BTW, Seattle is doing it right tonight.

Shep
05-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Do whatever works for you man. I can't be bothered to spend up to 2 and a half hour fucking around just to bring a flag and/or some drums in to each game. I already drive up to 5 hours, add the game itself, and then all that hassle.

No Thanks!

BTW, Seattle is doing it right tonight.

he's trying to suggest a better way for the FO to run this new banner check shit, he suggested a check in/check out system to replace the way they are doing it right now.

where do you get that he is trying to add more time onto this? you mean the extra 2 mins when you get in the gate to claim your flags?>

and we can't "do whatever works" as the FO are the ones calling the shots, London's just trying to point out a better way for them. & both he and I drive 200km back and forth to these games as well, so what?

I don't think you even get what he was trying to say...as it is if you want to bring anything in your going to have to "spend up to 2 and a half hour fucking around" anyway... you said youre not into that, so leave those who are bringing gear in to figure out the best way to do it.

or do you have a better idea on how the FO can do what theyve chosen to? (other than the obvious - going back to the way it was before)

kaos197O
05-14-2011, 11:42 PM
he's trying to suggest a better way for the FO to run this new banner check shit, he suggested a check in/check out system to replace the way they are doing it right now.

where do you get that he is trying to add more time onto this? you mean the extra 2 mins when you get in the gate to claim your flags?>

and we can't "do whatever works" as the FO are the ones calling the shots, London's just trying to point out a better way for them. & both he and I drive 200km back and forth to these games as well, so what?

I don't think you even get what he was trying to say...as it is if you want to bring anything in your going to have to "spend up to 2 and a half hour fucking around" anyway... you said youre not into that, so leave those who are bringing gear in to figure out the best way to do it.

or do you have a better idea on how the FO can do what theyve chosen to? (other than the obvious - going back to the way it was before)

I do get it and I DID bring stuff in before. I am NOT INTO WASTING ANY ADDITIONAL TIME bringing these items in. I apologize, I would have to waste an 1 hour and 45 minutes more to get one in, minimum.

First we have to go and check our stuff in, 45 minutes prior to gate opening. After we get patted down, when the gates finally open, we have to go check our stuff out. So let's say that RPB/NEE/USECTOR does their normal march, 50 to 100 flags, drums, banners, whatever (as per the new guidlelines and arrive a minimum of 45 minutes prior to gates opening), add that to the casuals who sit in those sections who can also do the same and you're telling me that it will be a simple 2 minute procedure? Maybe you're right, maybe I know shit.

All I am saying is that I don't like the proposal that he's laid out here and if it's one that floats his boat and apparently yours, then great. I hope they are listening. I won't do it and clearly it appears many others AREN'T doing it without the extra checkout process.

Sorry, there's still no better way than the good old fashioned one of going back to what it was.

Red Rat
05-15-2011, 01:33 PM
No Flags
No Drums
No Voice
No TFC!

Yeoman
05-15-2011, 01:49 PM
gee i drive several hours to get my flags and get red thunder in there
guess i just don't have that sand shoved right up in my vagina then
and yeah chicago did have to be in there an hour before kick off. just like it is in every other fucking MLS team rules policy.
fucking bunch of whiners around here about a rule that makes sense.

Red Rat
05-15-2011, 01:54 PM
^ is this why you didn't have a flag yesterday or any other day and this why you didn't have a drum?
Chicago was there an hour before kick off while we had to be there 2 hours before kick off did I see you there?

Yeoman
05-15-2011, 01:55 PM
nope because i'm a fair weather fan now

AL-MO
05-15-2011, 01:56 PM
and yeah chicago did have to be in there an hour before kick off. just like it is in every other fucking MLS team rules policy.

What?

We have to go in an hour before GATES OPEN. So two hours early.

So Chicago get to go in an hour early with all of their stuff, but we have to go in 2 hours early? I bet they didn't even check the banners and flags they brought in.

kaos197O
05-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Congratulations on having more time to spare than I do.

You > I

I'm glad anyone still brings anything to be honest.

Not me though and not because of sandy vaginitus(yeah I know it's not a REAL word)! It's because it's to much BS for me, that's it!

Yeoman
05-15-2011, 03:23 PM
well see you can admit to the bs, cool beans and all
i'll just learn to adapt and over come the obstacles being that you know, this is how the rest of the MLS does it

kaos197O
05-15-2011, 03:28 PM
well see you can admit to the bs, cool beans and all
i'll just learn to adapt and over come the obstacles being that you know, this is how the rest of the MLS does it
Yeah, the extra time is BS, I don't have it! If it makes me lesser than you I can live with it.

Keep up the great work, I appreciate that you can do something that I cannot.

Yeoman
05-15-2011, 03:36 PM
naw i'd never say lesser
just more well i'm not sure how to say it
less tolerant maybe? i dunno, but you know what i'm gettin at

adamdz
05-15-2011, 03:42 PM
If it was normal for people to be at the stadium 2 hours before kickoff maybe I wouldn't care so much. Going out of your way to drag crap to an empty stadium sucks. Ya you might suck it up a couple games, but after a while it gets tiring. It sucks enough having to be the one responsible for items X and Y, now being forced to do it at a preset window of time sucks even more.

Red Rat
05-15-2011, 04:36 PM
The bastards wouldn't let me in yesterday, I just plowed my way in

TorontoGooner
05-15-2011, 04:51 PM
We're all in this together(?)

Alixir
05-15-2011, 04:57 PM
No Flags
No Drums
No Voice
No TFC!that would make a great flag!

Red Rat
05-15-2011, 05:00 PM
this is my banner and my future t-shirt

Yeoman
05-15-2011, 05:01 PM
If it was normal for people to be at the stadium 2 hours before kickoff maybe I wouldn't care so much. Going out of your way to drag crap to an empty stadium sucks. Ya you might suck it up a couple games, but after a while it gets tiring. It sucks enough having to be the one responsible for items X and Y, now being forced to do it at a preset window of time sucks even more.

welcome to my world of tailgate team leader
ba dun dun chi

adamdz
05-15-2011, 05:18 PM
welcome to my world of tailgate team leader
ba dun dun chi

i see what you did there zroop zroop. Although tailgates are kind of our doing so if there is some aspect of it we don't like we can control it (for the most part).

werewolf
05-15-2011, 05:27 PM
there's still no better way than the good old fashioned one of going back to what it was.

:flare:

Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common amongst the decision makers running that show.

Mark in Ottawa
05-16-2011, 07:59 AM
The bastards wouldn't let me in yesterday, I just plowed my way in
And speaking of bastards I understand that TFC Buffalo did follow the rules and arrive before game time with his "75 Mile Bastards" banner. He was rightfully ticked to find no BMO staff seemed willing to stand in the rain at the gates so NO ONE WAS THERE to check his banner and let it into the stadium pre game!

London
05-16-2011, 08:06 AM
^^^ perfect example for our new song.

Can you see our flags wave,
can you hear our drum beat,
can you see our TIFO.
NO YOU FUCKING CANT.

la da da da da
la da da da da
la da da da, la da da da
FUCK YOU F.O.

james
05-16-2011, 11:05 AM
WHATTTTttt??? so you have to bring your flag in 2 hours before kickoff now??? can someone please tell me why??? what was wrong with the days when we could bring flags in our selfs, what was the problem??

Shep
05-16-2011, 11:14 AM
WHATTTTttt??? so you have to bring your flag in 2 hours before kickoff now??? can someone please tell me why??? what was wrong with the days when we could bring flags in our selfs, what was the problem??

heh, you missed a thread or two.

some smoke and a cpl flares happened a while ago and the FO thought that this new rule would help prevent that from happening again.... aka: they decided to punish us.

that's basically it.

jaahuuu
05-16-2011, 01:09 PM
And speaking of bastards I understand that TFC Buffalo did follow the rules and arrive before game time with his "75 Mile Bastards" banner. He was rightfully ticked to find no BMO staff seemed willing to stand in the rain at the gates so NO ONE WAS THERE to check his banner and let it into the stadium pre game!
This was the second time in 4 games that he has been at the gate and there was nobody there to take the banner.

james
05-16-2011, 02:08 PM
heh, you missed a thread or two.

some smoke and a cpl flares happened a while ago and the FO thought that this new rule would help prevent that from happening again.... aka: they decided to punish us.

that's basically it.

thanks for the info. Sounds retarted, they really are killing the atmosphere at BMO. Why cant they just let us use flares and smokes bombs as long as they done responsibly. How bout the FO and Supporters organize something together rather then being enemies. Hell they do it in Chicago and DC United for a long time and all the time, and i believe they do it in Portland and a few others now to. Taking flags is gonna kill everything.

Phil
05-16-2011, 02:38 PM
thanks for the info. Sounds retarted, they really are killing the atmosphere at BMO. Why cant they just let us use flares and smokes bombs as long as they done responsibly. How bout the FO and Supporters organize something together rather then being enemies. Hell they do it in Chicago and DC United for a long time and all the time, and i believe they do it in Portland and a few others now to. Taking flags is gonna kill everything.

We are getting a meeting going.

Stadium rules are the rules, not really hoping to get that changed. But we are in communication and working on getting these issues dealt with.

Joe Kool
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
An interesting note to add to this debate as I sat on my perch at the top of 114 on Wednesday night. A group of about 10 or more U-Sector showed up with flags in hand and after about 15 min or so of debate with a couple security guys they were let in at 7:55 PM with flags in hand. Now I am all for having the flags there of course because it adds to the atmosphere but just found it interesting that they were able to talk their way into it. The main guy doing the talking was the guy with "U-Sector 113" on his shirt (sorry don't know the guy's name but I am sure people here do) that does capo for them so I am sure that may be the reason. Good luck to me if I ever tried that I bet even though I would like to. Rules are not rules all the time I guess is my point.

Red Rat
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Rules have changed you can now bring your flags 15 mins prior to game via gate 3B

these people are useless aholes

Ageroo
05-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Rules have changed you can now bring your flags 15 mins prior to game via gate 3B

these people are useless aholes

Official?

Joe Kool
05-27-2011, 01:52 PM

Do we have that in writing? That would be good but first I am hearing about it. The security definitely didn't look too sure about it on Wednesday and had to go get a guy who had to get on the walkie talkie and get another guy and so on...

Red Rat
05-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Official?nothing is official with these assholes, I am just about done with taking the drum early

Do we have that in writing? That would be good but first I am hearing about it. The security definitely didn't look too sure about it on Wednesday and had to go get a guy who had to get on the walkie talkie and get another guy and so on...

I will bring the drum just before the game starts, I will let you know how it goes