PDA

View Full Version : Beckham

maninb
05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Watched the Shite Bull - Galaxy game on the weekend...and Beckham PROVED he's still one of the best passers/dead ball experts on the planet...He was putting 30-40 yard passes on a dime...he's slow and lacks toughness but he's still a great asset to have...

Roogsy
05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
He had a great game. Very impressive.

The game itself was pretty exciting. The most entertaining game I have seen in MLS this year.

dow117
05-09-2011, 04:28 PM
He had a great game. Very impressive.

The game itself was pretty exciting. The most entertaining game I have seen in MLS this year.

Indeed it was and if the strikers could have buried half the balls from Becks, LA would have won by 5.

Roogsy
05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/05/09/rbnys-rodgers-lashes-out-donovan

Brilliant! This adds a new level of intensity for the next game!

Donovan is such a prick...his response on twitter showed he is as big a douchebag as we think he is.

MartinUtd
05-10-2011, 08:39 AM
lol @ "who is luke rogers"

You're still in MLS, Landy.

ManUtd4ever
05-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Other than a MLS Cup Final involving TFC (stop laughing), I would love to see NY and LA in the championship match this season.

JonO
05-10-2011, 08:49 AM
I would have preferred it last season so I could have made some money on my tickets, but such is life ;)

v00d00daddy
05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/05/09/rbnys-rodgers-lashes-out-donovan

Donovan is such a prick...his response on twitter showed he is as big a douchebag as we think he is.

He really is. Even after the goal he scored it looked as if he turned and talked shit to NYRB players. He's a cocky prick, as evidenced by his "oh I'll just tap it towards the net and it'll go in" move where Ream cleared it off the line.

What a loser.

Roogsy
05-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Hahaha...the Tim Ream save! I forgot about that. MAGICAL! Loved it! Much deserved Landycakes you arrogant prick!

MartinUtd
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Hahaha...the Tim Ream save! I forgot about that. MAGICAL! Loved it! Much deserved Landycakes you arrogant prick!

Wow.. I had to look that up. I wish the camera stayed on Donovan's face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NebkoD3GFw

(how do you embedd youtube videos? I got the white square with the regular link and the iframe link)

Gazza
05-10-2011, 12:21 PM

I didn't need reaffirmation. But incase anyone was still on the fence about his douchebaggery, well there ya go!

Even though we may have lost the game, i really wish that prick was in the line-up against us just for the fans to express our hate. Can't wait for the Gold Cup!

NBS
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Watched the Shite Bull - Galaxy game on the weekend...and Beckham PROVED he's still one of the best passers/dead ball experts on the planet...He was putting 30-40 yard passes on a dime...he's slow and lacks toughness but he's still a great asset to have...

Didn't catch the game, but watched the highlights online and that alone was enough to marvel at some of his passes on the night. It really is amazing how so many of his passes, free kicks and corner kicks usually causes some sort of distress for the opposition team. Gotta give the man credit.

Detroit_TFC
05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
DB not travelling to Philly. Bruce Arena is probably worried Danny Califf will throw a wresting move on him.

CretanBull
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
The best out come of a Rodgers/Donovan fight would be if they both lost. Twats.

rocker
05-10-2011, 10:24 PM
seriously, who is Rodgers? haha. I like the trash talk and think Donovan is a cunt, but Rodgers is talking a bit too much for a guy who just got here to MLS and hasn't done shit in his career.

MartinUtd
05-10-2011, 11:21 PM
seriously, who is Rodgers? haha. I like the trash talk and think Donovan is a cunt, but Rodgers is talking a bit too much for a guy who just got here to MLS and hasn't done shit in his career.

Well sure you can look at it that way. But I see a guy that sees the league for what it is while it houses some douche that thinks he's a big fish. I wouldn't be surprised if more players feel the same way. Maybe we don't know who Rogers is but we know full well who Landycakes is and that's mainly becuase his noteriety extends beyond his ability as a player.