View Full Version : there would be a riot

Azerban
05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
blood in the streets

watch this disgusting, inhumane video and pray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xSDI9Gg63I

menefreghista
05-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Well I can assure you this isn't the case at BMO Field. The sizes are noticeably different.

flatpicker
05-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Wow... that ain't right!
There's gotta be a legal issue there, no?

Time to test the beers at BMO!

flatpicker
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Well I can assure you this isn't the case at BMO Field. The sizes are noticeably different.

Smoke and mirrors my friend, smoke and mirrors.

http://www.watchesbyjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/illusionist_l.jpg

Wagner
05-06-2011, 04:55 PM
it'll be easy enough to check tomorrow.

flatpicker
05-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Right now Paul Beirne is running over to BMO with a new supply correctly sized beer cups.

flatpicker
05-06-2011, 05:05 PM
It's all about cup size.

Whoop
05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Common stadium practice in the US.

yhh2WjZ7-uk

TFC Bhoy
05-06-2011, 06:11 PM
wow thats crazy!!! also those beer prices in the american places are awesome! whats our large? $13 or $14? and the canadian dollar is better now too. Ugh stupid MLSE

Cashcleaner
05-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Right now, someone at MLSE is getting reamed out in the office for NOT thinking about this first and implementing it.

Suds
05-06-2011, 10:57 PM
^^
They keep screwing fans and more and more and fans start to spend less. Then someone figures their revenue/margins are down so they get a great idea of selling less volume at the higher price. Fans get pissed and spend less ... and on it goes. Same thing goes on in every business. Short-sighted decisions by a mid level manager.

However, I should be sending a thank-you letter to MLSE. They are saving me a bundle now that I spend so much less at BMO. Good job guys! :thumbsup:

Raging Reggie
05-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Common stadium practice in the US.

yhh2WjZ7-uk

b8zO_DV09QE

NBS
05-07-2011, 01:24 AM
^^
They keep screwing fans and more and more and fans start to spend less. Then someone figures their revenue/margins are down so they get a great idea of selling less volume at the higher price. Fans get pissed and spend less ... and on it goes. Same thing goes on in every business. Short-sighted decisions by a mid level manager.

However, I should be sending a thank-you letter to MLSE. They are saving me a bundle now that I spend so much less at BMO. Good job guys! :thumbsup:

Honestly, whether people like it or not, they've done a pretty good job at making money over the years. Even if they lost you as a customer, that's in no way a reflection of their overall strategy. Pricing is a complex operation, and even at times counter-intuitive, but they have a pretty good idea of how to do these things by now.

Blazer
05-07-2011, 07:26 AM
I haven’t bought a beer at BMO since season one. I refuse to feed their greed by purchasing a beer chilled so cold that most can’t even notice how shit it tastes and then be hosed 10-14 bucks or whatever the fuck it is now. It's criminal.

Carlsberg … probably the worlds most awful beer.

Derko
05-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I haven’t bought a beer at BMO since season one. I refuse to feed their greed by purchasing a beer chilled so cold that most can’t even notice how shit it tastes and then be hosed 10-14 bucks or whatever the fuck it is now. It's criminal.

Carlsberg … probably the worlds most awful beer.

That's why I limit myself to 2 Tetley's, a beer you can taste and trust, yes the price is a little steep, but being the beer whore that I am. I just can't not have a beer at a match. One must remember there are places in the world where you cannot have a beer in the stands at a match (England, Scotland) and you can't even stand up in the stands unless a goal is scored or going to the toilet or at half time. Yes, Yes I know the whole MLSE greed argument, but I guess I am one of the so called naive ones, not. see you at the match, and I will enjoy my Tetley's.

:drinking:

ochos
05-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Pint of bitta lad!

TOBOR !
05-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges.

http://www.watchesbyjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/illusionist_l.jpg

fixed your post

menefreghista
05-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Honestly, whether people like it or not, they've done a pretty good job at making money over the years. Even if they lost you as a customer, that's in no way a reflection of their overall strategy. Pricing is a complex operation, and even at times counter-intuitive, but they have a pretty good idea of how to do these things by now.

I disagree completely. They are fucking idiots. Its the same thing with the season ticket prices.

Continually push the boundaries of how high you can charge for something and then when the bubble bursts wonder what the fuck went wrong.

That's not marketing genius. That's greed. Its starting to bite them in the ass now.

boban
05-07-2011, 09:57 AM

I disagree completely. They are fucking idiots. Its the same thing with the season ticket prices.

Continually push the boundaries of how high you can charge for something and then when the bubble bursts wonder what the fuck went wrong.

That's not marketing genius. That's greed. Its starting to bite them in the ass now.

I agree with menefreghista. MLSE are closer to dumb than genius. They get waay to much credit for their business accumen. It's pure greed that drives nothing more. They screwed up the Marlies business years ago with over the top pricing and have never even come close to recovering. The Roadrunners in 2004 were getting more people in the coliseum than the Marlies. MLSE thought they could bank on the minor Leaf team with its association to the Leafs and its history and players. They jacked prices because of it, beer prices went higher and concessions. The whole thing blew up and exposed them that their business planning seriously is a shortfall.
If they made the same money in Columbus as they do here then I would shake their hand. There are economic conditions in this city that favour their sports properties that MLSE has no part in playing that lends itself to them making money - not some business plan.

Mark TFC
05-07-2011, 10:04 AM
That's just unethical... typical marketing practice.

TFCRegina
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
The scam works so well that they limit the number of beers sold at baseball stadiums, regardless of size.

Suds
05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
So, any guesses on how many people are going to try this at BMO tonight? :)

TFC John
05-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Americans complaint about "big government" and regulations hurting business and this is what they get. Do all the tests you want at BMO but you'll find that the same jerks who shut down beers sales in 2009 for a game protect you from this kind of scam.

DangerRed
05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Don't buy beer at BMO. I haven't for over a year and it's working well. When I get a fucking pint, it's a fucking pint, like the ones I'll be drinking tonight. Not at BMO.

Pretty simple, no?

Wildgreek
05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
dont think that could ever happen in Ontario. I think its against the Liquor By-Laws to charge the same price for a small and large.

Cashcleaner
05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Don't buy beer at BMO. I haven't for over a year and it's working well. When I get a fucking pint, it's a fucking pint, like the ones I'll be drinking tonight. Not at BMO.

Pretty simple, no?

In theory it is. You're preaching to the choir with me on this one. I haven't bought so much as a soda or hotdog at BMO Field in three years or so. The only way the club will change it's attitude and policies is to stop encouraging them.

TorCanSoc
05-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Somebody compare the footlongs!!!!

Awesome. I think supermarkets are doing the same, the large size stuff per unit of measure is more expensive than the small. That one goes on the column if you're stupid enough you don't deserve to keep your money. But the beer cups are clearly ripping people off. Wow.