PDA

View Full Version : TFC Roster

ManUtd4ever
05-03-2011, 10:06 AM
In recent weeks, much has been made of the fact that our current roster lacks the skills, fundamentals, and collective pedigree to constitute a competitive club in the short term. That being said, the new management regime has already initiated the process of rebuilding the roster, with more changes sure to come in the near future.

In your opinion, which players on the current 30 man roster would you like to see remain with the club beyond this season?

In the case of players on loan such as Plata, Stevanovic, and Eckersley, you can assume that TFC has the option to purchase their rights.

ManUtd4ever
05-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Wow, Santos isn't getting any love at all. I voted for him, because I still think he can be effective at his natural position as a CF (starter or sub) for years to come given his relatively young age and lethal left foot.

West220Side
05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
My two cents?

Eckersley -- Williams -- Cann -- Borman(?)
--------- ??? ----------- Tchani --------
--------------- Perm. AM ---------------
Martina ---- Real Striker plz? --Stevanovic

For now, as much as i'm not pro-deguzman, I think Tchani complements him, reminds me of the Cronin/Robinson partnership.

Gordon - is doing a good job in my eyes, and Santos well I love him, but hate having him there simply because Winter likes his captain in the midfield, find it a bit strange.

Cordon/Stinson - wouldn't mind seeing one of them partner Tchani instead of De Guzman. See how it looks.

Borman - i'm really on the fence about. We don't have anybody better him and Yourassowsky are pretty much at the same level. They run forward, and can't get back then Cann gets beat because he's watching two men.

Sturgis - seems like a decent player but without him getting regular minutes trade him, get whatever you can for him before he's lost his appeal he gained from Seattle.

Cann/Williams - Two big centrebacks, love it for this physical league. Attakora seems to have fallen down in Winters books, and isn't earning the start. As much as I like Attakora, for now i'm thinking Williams is doing great.

ecospice
05-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Too early to have this thread. Let's try again at the end of the year.

ManUtd4ever
05-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Too early to have this thread. Let's try again at the end of the year.

It is early, but I think we've seen enough from the majority of players on the roster to at least formulate an informed opinion. I just wanted to gauge the general sentiment among supporters based on what we've seen thus far with all the new additions to the roster.

__wowza
05-03-2011, 01:20 PM
It is early, but I think we've seen enough from the majority of players on the roster to at least formulate an informed opinion. I just wanted to gauge the general sentiment among supporters based on what we've seen thus far with all the new additions to the roster.

i'd have to agree S224. what do we judge eckersly and plata as? subs? we've seen cordon play against an NASL side. a LOT of these players don't even have first team experience, and you have people saying nicholas lindsay shouldn't be with the club next year despite the fact that he was heralded as one of the only good things to come out of last season/a viable winger who actually enjoys playing wide/etc/etc/etc. is it because he's injured?

personally, i'll reserve my judgment on the team. i know who i like, but there's nothing to say that a handful of games has earned my favour.

also, because i hate shitting on polls, i think it'd help out a lot if people clarified why they voted for who they voted for. as i stated above, it's just confusing to hear without any rationale.

Dreadlocks
05-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Apparently - if rumors are correct - we can remove Nana from the list........

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27892

ManUtd4ever
05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Apparently - if rumors are correct - we can remove Nana from the list........

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27892

Aaaaaaaaaaand now he's back...:D

swan
05-03-2011, 03:04 PM
the only one i care about is frei

Dreadlocks
05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaand now he's back...:D

What a tool GD is!

boban
05-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow Eckersley .. played 30 minutes in a league game and 2nd post popular. Goes to show you the insight on here ;)

Gazza
05-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I say we release the whole team, sell Frei to pay for a roof, then buy FC Edmonton and use their players

boban
05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Nothing to loose with that.

Detroit_TFC
05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I say we release the whole team, sell Frei to pay for a roof, then buy FC Edmonton and use their players

LOL Each year we'll get a new lower division team, ruin their love for the game, then get another one.

:D

LesH
05-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow Eckersley .. played 30 minutes in a league game and 2nd post popular. Goes to show you the insight on here ;)

Or goes to show how shit is the general level of the team: we saw a guy in a half game, having some good skills for his position, playing with "fire", and we already saw in him a new Messiah for TFC (me included, I voted for him too, lol).

Eastend
05-05-2011, 08:04 AM
It's early but I voted for about half the guys....some because of what they have brought and some for what their potential appears to be.....

p.s. As of my post, 124 voters, only 123 voted Frei???? Who's the 1 that thinks we can do better?

craigtfc
05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Tchani is garbage i think ether him or peterson are the worst on the team

[NBF]
05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Nathan Sturgis: I would like to see the team make use of Sturgis a little more, the last game he looked alot better than the previous outing which to me would have been the game in Vancouver.

Borman = Gargan: I think this is a fair comparison. I would still prefer the Yourassowski + Eckersley combination over the two.

Winter is naive? I remember that after the Vancouver game everyone said Winter was a bit naive to think the lineup he started would play well together.

Although I agreed with the statements on that day. I dont think I can continue to say Winter is putting out his best 11 or formations. The wrong personel and wrong tactics have usually resulted in Stefan Frei being "sodomized" in goal.

Bobby McMahon, from the Fox Soccer Report, really put it well when he said that "it was almost as if Aron Winter and TFC management thought that they would play a certain type of attractive football and everyone would allow them to do so." Well said and really there doesnt seem to be an answer to this MLSE/TFC shit storm.

Our best lineup: 3-4-1-2 or 5-3-2

-----------------------Frei-----------------------
-------------------------------------------------
------Attakora-------Williams-------Cann---------
Eckersley-----DeGuzman---Tchani----Yourassowski
--------------------Stavanovic-------------------
-------------Martina----------Santos-------------

*With this lineup, I wish we had Walter Mazzari as our manager/technical director.

Dreadlocks
05-05-2011, 02:22 PM

Sorry man but I have to strongly disagree about Tchani and to a lesser extent Peterson.

Peterson is not the best player but he is far from the problem out there. He may not have all the skill in the world but one cannot question his effort. He has been played in a lot of different positions and that has to be tough on a player.

Tchani is our future in midfield. He has much more influence and effect than JDG so far in the middle of the park. Look at it like this. The first match vs Vancouver, he was not on the team and JDG was injured. We had no defensive presence in the midfield that game as a result. Then Tchani joins the team and JDG regains his fitness. They peak vs Columbus but Tchani gets sent off and suspended for the match vs Seattle. That left JDG in the middle with whoever (I cant recall who was in the but it may have even been Peterson) and we get dominated.

No Tchani = no central midfield presence at all!

I'll bet that Houston will not have nearly the amount of midfield domination on Saturday if Tchani plays and that tells me he is effective. Also keep in mind the guy is just over 20 years old and is still learning.

Couchy81
05-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I'll bet that Houston will not have nearly the amount of midfield domination on Saturday if Tchani plays and that tells me he is effective. Also keep in mind the guy is just over 20 years old and is still learning.

Bank on this one

Island Man
05-06-2011, 04:14 PM

And you are a tool. :picard:

A.J
05-07-2011, 02:21 AM
I thought Soolsma quite stood out from the rest in the FCE second leg. Would love to see him get more minutes.