PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game: Edmonton FC at Toronto FC on May 4, 2011

Red CB Toronto
05-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Who: Edmonton FC at Toronto FC

What: 2nd Leg of Nutrilite Canadian Championship Semi-Final. The Reds up 3-0 on aggregate

Where: BMO Field

When: Wednesday, May 4th, 2011 at 8 PM

It will be interesting to see what type of lineup Winter puts out there against the newbies of of the Canadian pro soccer scene with a three goal lead in hand. I would expect to see Plata once again get the start and more than likely some of the Academy types like Cordon, Makabuya and Stinson, especially when you consider the busy week the Reds are having.

West220Side
05-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Looking forward to see some younger talent, and some talent thats signed but hasnt broken our starting eleven yet.

Heathen
05-02-2011, 07:02 AM
not going, can't be arsed

ManUtd4ever
05-02-2011, 02:10 PM
--------------Kocic--------------

Omphroy-Attakora-Harden-Morgan

---------Sturgis---Tchani--------

Soolsma------Cordon--------Plata

--------------Santos-------------

Fort York Redcoat
05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
not going, can't be arsed

Yeah I'm tired of seeing them win any games at all...Your choice just don't complain about the attendance for this one.

Heathen
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah I'm tired of seeing them win any games at all...Your choice just don't complain about the attendance for this one.

I may be a dick but I'm not so much of a dick to complain about attendance at a game I'm missing. Don't worry I'll be there Saturday

ManUtd4ever
05-02-2011, 02:43 PM
LOL...

Fort York Redcoat
05-02-2011, 03:17 PM
I may be a dick but I'm not so much of a dick to complain about attendance at a game I'm missing. Don't worry I'll be there Saturday

:D Post of the day.

Thanks for that.

crozack
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
i'll be there cheering/yelling at the boys.

jloome
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM
We should play a full on b-team. They played at Edmonton's level last game and we don't want the first-teamers getting lulled into thinking this level of play is acceptable

ryan
05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
i'll be there cheering/yelling at the boys.

Tom Anselmi probably doesn't even know TFC is playing on Wednesday.

That stealth edit now renders my post confusing. Ummm....

crozack
05-02-2011, 09:17 PM
My appology.....i should never had written that.

TFC USA
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I assume we'll win this game but look like complete shit in the process.

ensco
05-02-2011, 09:47 PM
This is a good opportunity to try out some things.

Personally I'd like to see the 3-1-4-2 and see what Borman and Gargan can do at striker.

Also I'd be curious to see if Frei can play the whole game without using his hands.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I think Winter should be careful, TFC is bad enought to make this interesting.

JamboAl
05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Don't see it mentioned anywhere here, FC Edmonton lost 5-0 at home to the Impact on Sunday night.

DangerRed
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Skipping it, don't care to waste a night watching piss poor football between our B-squad and a NASL side that got smoked 5-0 by Montreal the other day and that we've already beaten 3-0.

Derko
05-03-2011, 12:28 PM

I wouldn't call you a dick, see you Saturday :scarf:

tfcleeds
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
It would be nice to see Omphroy make his debut in this one.

boozilla
05-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm washing my hair that night.

TOBOR !
05-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I take it this isn't being televised ? Not even on Gol TV ?

redcard
05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
sportsnet!!!!!

maybe dobson will explan himself about the nana trade!!!

swan
05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
gunna miss this i'm going to see neil young..

sure i won't miss anything great..

ochos
05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
see you boys there

whyalwaysme11
05-03-2011, 09:12 PM
five min street car + pint of Carlsberg + watching future MLS regulars
all after a long days work... my friends, i will take that any day of the week.

ManUtd4ever
05-04-2011, 09:49 AM
The forecast is looking better than I thought tonight; clear and 10 degrees by game time.

I hope there is a decent crowd, considering that approximately 16,000 people already have the tickets included in their STH package.

I look forward to seeing some of the reserve players and Academy products that haven't had a chance to play extensive minutes in action tonight.

mastermixer
05-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm predicting announced crowd of 12000. There is a terrible team playing tonight.

Oh and they are playing against Edmonton.

Fort York Redcoat
05-04-2011, 09:59 AM
I can't be bothered...:rolleyes:

To be amongst the apathetic.:D

See ya tonight for a football match we can win!!!

:flare::scarf::flare:

maninb
05-04-2011, 09:59 AM
five min street car + pint of Carlsberg + watching future MLS regulars
all after a long days work... my friends, i will take that any day of the week.

Well said...bought some cheap seats and will be moving to watch from the half way stripe...will be nice to see our young boys win a game...Come on you Reds!

ryan
05-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Well said...bought some cheap seats and will be moving to watch from the half way stripe...will be nice to see our young boys win a game...Come on you Reds!

Yeah that's one of the positives, it's sit where ever you want night at BMO.

bones
05-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah that's one of the positives, it's sit where ever you want night at BMO.

You know, there is a very interesting thought here. What if they did just that for the East side (the TV camera side none the less)? People may line up early to get the best seats and wouldn't that be fun to have people there early for a game....hmmm???

Bones...

JamboAl
05-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I had a ticket for this game but have had to back out because of work. Otherwise, I would be joining in on the fun.

Carts
05-04-2011, 10:23 AM
You know, on paper this game is "play the kids" match. Give them a chance to show their stuff and impress (or not impress) the staff - and get some game action at BMO, while resting the majority of the starters / senior team...

But part of me has this lingering thought...

Play the full senior squad - go out and run it up. Play the offensive system Winter is trying teach/implement, and (if all goes well) get some confidence back in this club...

There very well could be players doubting the 'system' and/or Winter right now. Wondering if this is the right way to play with this roster...

So, send them out against a much weaker (hopefully) opponent - and have some fun... Play with the ball, net a few goals - get some confidence back in their game and make the game fun again (winning, scoring, controlling a game is FUN!)...

It could payoff in the long run - and payoff more than a midweek rest...

BUT, and this is the bad part, If you put out the full roster, and win 1-0 or draw - then this confidence booster just turned into a confidence killer!

Carts...

ryan
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
With where FCE seems to be at right now, I think the supporters could field 11 and win 2-0.

ManUtd4ever
05-04-2011, 11:48 AM
You know, on paper this game is "play the kids" match. Give them a chance to show their stuff and impress (or not impress) the staff - and get some game action at BMO, while resting the majority of the starters / senior team...

But part of me has this lingering thought...

Play the full senior squad - go out and run it up. Play the offensive system Winter is trying teach/implement, and (if all goes well) get some confidence back in this club...

There very well could be players doubting the 'system' and/or Winter right now. Wondering if this is the right way to play with this roster...

So, send them out against a much weaker (hopefully) opponent - and have some fun... Play with the ball, net a few goals - get some confidence back in their game and make the game fun again (winning, scoring, controlling a game is FUN!)...

It could payoff in the long run - and payoff more than a midweek rest...

BUT, and this is the bad part, If you put out the full roster, and win 1-0 or draw - then this confidence booster just turned into a confidence killer!

Carts...

Normally I would agree with you, but that's exactly what Winter did against Edmonton last week, with the desired results, and then TFC came crashing down to earth against Seattle. I think our starters need to be rested if we have any hope at all of earning a result against Houston.

TFCDP
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Although the attendance won't be great tonight, I hope the supporters sections will be rocking... Night champions league and NCC games seem to bring out the best in the supporters sections.

KGH
05-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Normally I would agree with you, but that's exactly what Winter did against Edmonton last week, with the desired results, and then TFC came crashing down to earth against Seattle. I think our starters need to be rested if we have any hope at all of earning a result against Houston.

I disagree. These guys are professional athletes. If you can't manage to play 90 min tonight and then rest up over 2.5 days to play another 90 you should think about a different profession. Plus..it's not like there's any travel involved. Also Houston is playing tonight and then traveling for the saturday game.

Play the starting 11 for the first 60 to get more game experience in the system and the sub out the 3 guys who need the rest the most.

Fort York Redcoat
05-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Night champions league and NCC games seem to bring out the best in the supporters sections.

This impresses the hell out of me. No matter how many times I've read how these games don't mean as much the people that know better make it such a great night in the stands.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Darlofletch
05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I hope fucking aphid season is over.

Fort York Redcoat
05-04-2011, 12:21 PM
^hahahahaha

It's protein.

Redcoe15
05-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Recording tonight's game for viewing later on. :scarf:

jloome
05-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I disagree. These guys are professional athletes. If you can't manage to play 90 min tonight and then rest up over 2.5 days to play another 90 you should think about a different profession. Plus..it's not like there's any travel involved. Also Houston is playing tonight and then traveling for the saturday game.

Play the starting 11 for the first 60 to get more game experience in the system and the sub out the 3 guys who need the rest the most.

It's not fatigue at issue, it's playing down to the level of a substantially inferior opponent then expecting them to dial it back up three days later. In any sport that's difficult to do sometimes.

ExiledRed
05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
It's not fatigue at issue, it's playing down to the level of a substantially inferior opponent then expecting them to dial it back up three days later. In any sport that's difficult to do sometimes.

yeah but...two games on fieldturf within four days, game number three in a week, several flights......

Fatigue has to be an issue, and it was obvious on Saturday that we were tired.

Carts
05-04-2011, 01:23 PM

Even though I was the one that posted about started the full squad - this is a good point...

Some teams beat up on lower level opponents and gain all the confidence in the world and benefit from it...

Some teams (as jloome posts) beat up a lower level squad, but then have trouble channeling that into their next match against much better opposition...

Whoever plays - I hope Kocic gets a start... Frei is peppered game in game out. If anyone, he should get a night off to give the backup some time, just in case Frei (GOD FORBID!) misses time with an injury or illness...

Carts...

pekduck
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
We have to win tonight at least by two goals and maintain a clean sheet.

I know... one can dream...

Gazza
05-04-2011, 01:30 PM
In all honesty, our team is talented enough to be a good NASL team. Do we really think we can't lose 3-0 if we field our B or C team?

Since MLS playoffs don't seem to be in the cards this year, i hope we play a strong-ish line up and really go after the NCC.

Jeffro
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Your ticket for tonight's match is the special Jeffro ticket. Since at printing time there were so few players signed, the FO thought it would be a nice touch to feature supporters on the tickets. hahaha

dupont
05-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I'll be there tonight. I'm not concerned about bad attendance because I think the people that do show up will really be into it!

Sweeper
05-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Drivin' in from K-Dub for this one. I'm thinking the young guns are going to be fired up trying to make an impression.

Brooker
05-04-2011, 03:08 PM
We have to win tonight at least by two goals and maintain a clean sheet.

I know... one can dream...

We have to what?

TFCRegina
05-04-2011, 03:16 PM
All I have to say is Nana better be in the Squad in some form.

Technorgasm
05-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Although the attendance won't be great tonight, I hope the supporters sections will be rocking... Night champions league and NCC games seem to bring out the best in the supporters sections.

<thanks Beerbaron / NEE>

{capo}Our TFC
{group}our TFC
{capo}We love you so
{group}We love you so
{EVERYBODY}And we will always follow anywhere you go!

where you go!

bgnewf
05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
TFC Hopes To Bounce Back vs FC Edmonton

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/05/bouncing-back/

Pre game thoughts ahead of TFC v FC Edmonton at BMO field including info on the referee in charge.

Darlofletch
05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
All I have to say is Nana better be in the Squad in some form.

Isn't he still injured? all the impromptu interviews he had to do yesterday mentioned he's probably a week away from full fitness.

Soccer-Ts
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
. . .

Some teams (as jloome posts) beat up a lower level squad, but then have trouble channeling that into their next match against much better opposition...

Much better is right. Houston took DC United (the team that spanked us 3-0) apart last Friday 4-1 and didn't have their best players. I think Ching came in for the last five minutes and their new dp signing Koke just played the last few minutes. Unless they have an off day, we don't have much of a chance against them, even at home.

Whoever plays - I hope Kocic gets a start... Frei is peppered game in game out. If anyone, he should get a night off to give the backup some time, just in case Frei (GOD FORBID!) misses time with an injury or illness...

Carts...

Agree with this - Kocic is a competent keeper with MLS experience (DC United); it's not like he's a rookie out of NCAA.

jloome
05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
yeah but...two games on fieldturf within four days, game number three in a week, several flights......

Fatigue has to be an issue, and it was obvious on Saturday that we were tired.

True. Hadn't thought about the flying aspect. Doubly good reason to play the kids.

Mark TFC
05-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Come on boys, let's bring it home!

mclaren
05-04-2011, 06:59 PM
stream anyone?

Workie
05-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Cant Find A Stream!!!! Help!

koryo
05-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Cant Find A Stream!!!! Help!

Get over here. It's on the telly.

Workie
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm at work. :(

TFCRegina
05-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Isn't he still injured? all the impromptu interviews he had to do yesterday mentioned he's probably a week away from full fitness.

I've heard rumours that there's more going on than meets the eye.