------Peterson--Santos
-Plata-------------------Stevanovic/Yourass
------------Gordon

Brooker
04-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Yourass can also play forward?!

Whoop
04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
With all the travel delays I expect a more fatigued TFC squad on Saturday.

twistedchinaman
04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Yourass? Forward? Uh-uh.

Yohan
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Yourass can also play forward?!
apparently winter thinks so :P

backbeat
04-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Line up?

-------------Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Cann-Borman
------------JDG
------Peterson--Santos
-Plata-------------------Stevanovic/Yourass
------------Gordon

no Martina?

-------------Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Cann-Borman/Yourassovsky
------------JDG
------Peterson--Santos/Corman
-Martina-------------------Stevanovic/Plata
------------Gordon

Yohan
04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
ah. knew i forgot someone

Yohan
04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
I'd like to see Plata and Eckersley on right. they really clicked together last game

Joe Kool
04-28-2011, 11:37 PM
I want to see Plata play a starting role against MLS opposition to see what he can do but I think he worked out well against Edmonton and I think they want him in for most of the next NCC game so he may only come in as a sub vs Seattle so he is rested. Just my hunch.

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
no Martina?

-------------Frei
Eckersley-Williams-Cann-Borman/Yourassovsky
------------JDG
------Peterson--Santos/Corman
-Martina-------------------Stevanovic/Plata
------------Gordon

Who's Corman? Cordon?

I like this lineup but I think Steva has worked best behind Martina.

ManUtd4ever
04-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Based on the upcoming schedule and the BS suspension to Tchani, I think Winter will go with this...

-------------Frei---------------

Eckersley-Attakora-Cann-Borman

-------JDG-------Sturgis--------

Martina----Santos----Stevanovic

-----------Gordon---------------

Subs: Plata, Cordon, Zavarise

TFCREDNWHITE
04-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Based on the upcoming schedule and the BS suspension to Tchani, I think Winter will go with this...

I like this starting lineup!

KGH
04-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Oh how things have changed since van. Remember this:

Starting XI: Frei, Gargan, Cann, Attakora, Harden, Peterson, Sturgis, De Rosario, Soolsma, Martina, Maicon

Darlofletch
04-29-2011, 09:16 AM
-------------frei
eckersley---cann--williams---borman
----peterson-----de guzman
------------santos----------
plata-------gordon--------martina

is what i'd like to see, but I think winter will probably got martina rw with stevanovic/yourassowsky depending on injuries on the left.

ManUtd4ever
04-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh how things have changed since van. Remember this:

Starting XI: Frei, Gargan, Cann, Attakora, Harden, Peterson, Sturgis, De Rosario, Soolsma, Martina, Maicon

My eyes, my eyes! :D

(It would be nice to have DeRo but that backline was not good for the old blood pressure)

NBS
04-29-2011, 10:23 AM

I get the impression that Winter would rather stick a fork through his eye than play Sturgis. However, given that he would be motivated going up against the club that let him go, there might be some logic to letting him play.

Yagbod
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Seattle is also without Zakuani and Superstar Obi White. That should improve our chances...

Edit: Does anyone know if we get KONG out of Seattle on the HD package? I seem to remember a Seattle channel in the Roger's HD lineup.

bigtfcfan
04-29-2011, 10:30 AM
is stevanovic healthy enough to play in this game?

jloome
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I get the impression that Winter would rather stick a fork through his eye than play Sturgis. However, given that he would be motivated going up against the club that let him go, there might be some logic to letting him play.

Yeah, I don't think he'll start Sturgis unless necessary. He looked awful in his limited time so far, although that was pretty much game 1 and preseason.

Gazza
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM

This would be my hunch. Subbing Williams for Attakora if anything.

ManUtd4ever
04-29-2011, 10:36 AM

That was partly my rationale. It certainly appears as though he is not in Winter's long term plans, and with a healthy JDG and Tchani controlling the midfield, I agree that Sturgis has no place on the roster. He has to be showcased at some point so that he can eventually (hopefully) be parlayed into an asset. Based on his uninspired play in Toronto so far, it seems Cochrane threw our 1st round pick away for nothing.

Pachuco
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
That was partly my rationale. It certainly appears as though he is not in Winter's long term plans, and with a healthy JDG and Tchani controlling the midfield, I agree that Sturgis has no place on the roster. He has to be showcased at some point so that he can eventually (hopefully) be parlayed into an asset. Based on his uninspired play in Toronto so far, it seems Cochrane threw our 1st round pick away for nothing.

Ok, but to be fair, this is who Vancouver selected. He hasn't made a single appearance yet for Vancouver. As it stands right now, you may get more value for Sturgis then this guy anyway so I wouldn't be to quick to say we threw away the pick. Time will tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Nanchoff

Ossington Mental Youth
04-29-2011, 11:17 AM
is stevanovic healthy enough to play in this game?

was wondering this myself

JonO
04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Seattle is also without Zakuani and Superstar Obi White. That should improve our chances...

Edit: Does anyone know if we get KONG out of Seattle on the HD package? I seem to remember a Seattle channel in the Roger's HD lineup.
I'm on Rogers and I'm pretty sure the west coast feed includes KONG

Carefree
04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I want to see Plata play a starting role against MLS opposition to see what he can do but I think he worked out well against Edmonton and I think they want him in for most of the next NCC game so he may only come in as a sub vs Seattle so he is rested. Just my hunch.
I'm OK with that. We need depth and Plata is a great depth player at the moment.

DOMIN8R
04-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Apparently Stevanovic is healthy and ready to play.

Maltese Falcon
04-29-2011, 11:51 AM

lol...superstar

Maltese Falcon
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
I actually like Plata as a bench guy personally...with his speed hes a threat 60 mins+ with fresh legs off the bench

mdc 77
04-29-2011, 12:27 PM
With all the travel delays I expect a more fatigued TFC squad on Saturday.

Give me a break, that is/would be a terrible excuse for a lacklustre effort. They have plenty of time to be rested and ready for Saturday nights match.

Oldtimer
04-29-2011, 12:55 PM

It seems that Winter and Mariner's choices are much better than Cochrane's were. As much as I believe in "promotion from within," Cochrane would not have been a good GM.

prizby
04-29-2011, 01:05 PM
how come Tchani is on a red still? didn't the mls or the ref association say it shouldn't have been a yellow so shouldn't they have recinded the red?

Gazza
04-29-2011, 01:09 PM
how come Tchani is on a red still? didn't the mls or the ref association say it shouldn't have been a yellow so shouldn't they have recinded the red?

Can't rescind it unless it was a case of mistaken identity. Have to live with it.

Dreadlocks
04-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Match Media guide...

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2777873/430seator-pdf-april-28-2011-4-03-pm-1-3-meg?dn=y

TFCRegina
04-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Rosales is now out as well, meaning that's 3 forwards Seattle is missing.

ecospice
04-30-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm on Rogers and I'm pretty sure the west coast feed includes KONG

I hope I am wrong, but I think we get Kiro, not Kong.

Petor
04-30-2011, 07:27 PM
I need a stream please, Montreal hotel no got goltv and all the rest are UFC or nothing.

CBTFC
04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
I need a stream please, Montreal hotel no got goltv and all the rest are UFC or nothing.

Same here, except substitute Fredericton for Montreal.

DOMIN8R
04-30-2011, 07:43 PM
FYI 0-0 shitecaps Vs. Colon(b)ASS at 45

TFCRegina
04-30-2011, 07:48 PM
FYI 0-0 shitecaps Vs. Colon(b)ASS at 45

Columbus is up 1-0.

Batman
04-30-2011, 07:48 PM
hey there Hal... haven't seen you in ages.

ArmenJBX
04-30-2011, 07:52 PM
VIA REDNATIONONLINE

Muting the Sounders and 9 Other Ways Toronto FC can overcome Seattle (http://rednationonline.ca/10waysTFCcanovercomeSeattle.aspx)

High Fives

When scoring a goal, it is important to remember the following MLS rules:

1. Do not exhibit any signs of happiness – this is punishable.

2. Do not remove your shirt, even if you are wearing a similar shirt underneath.

3. Hugging a fan is evil. Never hug anything.

4. No leaving the field of play unless you would like to advertise one of our sponsors/drive off in a Volkswagon.

5. Don’t take more than 10 seconds getting back (unless you’re Charlie Davies)

These rules must be etched into the players’ minds, or the entire side may see red cards. Stranger things have happened.

DOMIN8R
04-30-2011, 08:02 PM
hey there Hal... haven't seen you in ages.

Oh, I've been around, reading your posts, Pat. I've been quiet, lurking, looking through your garbage, reading your mail - you know, the usual.

Dreadlocks
04-30-2011, 08:04 PM
These late starts totally throw me of....got nothing to do for an hour but get nervous and watch "Toronto FC: Fifth saeson and the pre-game show both for like the 5th time today!

Anyway, regarding the game, I want to see who will be playing out of Santos and Gordon. Both played a full 90 on Wednesday.

Actually I'm at a loss making any lineup predictions

Batman
04-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh, I've been around, reading your posts, Pat. I've been quiet, lurking, looking through your garbage, reading your mail - you know, the usual.

LOL. I thought I saw you out by my garbage one day last week.. I just wasn't certain...

bigtfcfan
04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
line up as per Wileman: Frei, Gargan, Williams, Cann, Borman, de Guzman, Santos, Peterson, Martina, Gordon, Stevanovic

Gargan? Gargan???? I guarantee he will cost us two goals tonight.

Dreadlocks
04-30-2011, 08:14 PM
No Eckersley wtf?

pekduck
04-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Hope Gargan can play a solid 60 min and get Eckersley in later.

Fishnicker
04-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I have this feeling that Eck is injured. After he scuffed a cross late in the first half he was bent over with his hands on his knees. I thought it looked like he was hurt.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-30-2011, 08:34 PM
What time is the KO? I'm trying to time my frozen pizza accordingly. I always tune in on the hour and get 10 mins of preamble first.

London Red
04-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Try this for a stream. Its where I watched the Columbus game and should change over from the Mexican game its showing now....Hopefully
http://www.justin.tv/cholillo_830#/w/1145281376/6

Dreadlocks
04-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I have this feeling that Eck is injured. After he scuffed a cross late in the first half he was bent over with his hands on his knees. I thought it looked like he was hurt.

Ya I remember that but all I know is that there better be a frikin good reason why Gargan is in the and not Eck.....

Batman
04-30-2011, 08:58 PM
closing thread now. Match thread is open.