PDA

View Full Version : where's everyone watching the Seattle game??

Stugatzo
04-28-2011, 09:56 AM
With Ultimate Sweatymenintightspandexshortshuggingforfiveminutes Championship probably taking over Joe's, where's everyone watching the Seattle game on Saturday night?

Roogsy
04-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Parky's couch?

Red CB Toronto
04-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Scallywags is showing the game if people want to go there, pretty central part of the city.

prizby
04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
football factory would probably have it too

tfcleeds
04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I think I'll try Duke of Gloucester for this one. Was at Scally's last night for the Nutrilite game - a couple of us were the only TFC fans there in a sea of people watching Bruins-Habs. We were lucky to get one TV without sound, placed in a back corner.

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2011, 10:14 AM

They are showing both UFC and TFC

Parkdale
04-28-2011, 10:16 AM
guys

as fans of 'sissyguysfallingdownandfakinginjurieswithgirlieha irball'...
let's refrain from making fun of other people's sport preferences.

something about glass houses

http://www.soccersucks.net/soccer_perversion_15.jpg

Parkdale
04-28-2011, 10:16 AM

UFC is huge for the football factory.

if you are going there, expect a cover. PayPerView is a killer for small bars.

Flint
04-28-2011, 10:42 AM
My house will not be showing UFC...that's where ill be:D

Red CB Toronto
04-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I think I'll try Duke of Gloucester for this one. Was at Scally's last night for the Nutrilite game - a couple of us were the only TFC fans there in a sea of people watching Bruins-Habs. We were lucky to get one TV without sound, placed in a back corner.

That is surprising, Scally's usual gives the big screen footy priority. Have been there quite a few times for the Reds.

Whoop
04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Likely going to the Duke for this one.

tfcleeds
04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
That is surprising, Scally's usual gives the big screen footy priority. Have been there quite a few times for the Reds.

Well, not so surprising given the importance of the hockey game last night. However, I would have expected perhaps, that being a footy pub, Scally's might have at least known about a match that they advertised on their website. Took a lot of cajoling to even get the match on one TV.

Technorgasm
04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Does Jillys have GOLTV?

I like the scent of broken dreams to go with my Football and domestic bottled Beer.

http://www.torontostripclubs.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/post03_1.jpg

Auzzy
04-28-2011, 12:33 PM

I thought Scally's did OK, considering there was only about 5 of us who wanted to watch TFC (compared with a whole bunch of hockey fans of various stripes).

Stugatzo
04-28-2011, 12:34 PM
guys

as fans of 'sissyguysfallingdownandfakinginjurieswithgirlieha irball'...
let's refrain from making fun of other people's sport preferences.

something about glass houses

http://www.soccersucks.net/soccer_perversion_15.jpg

Hey what the..??? Was that directed at me? Pretty sure there was nothing mocking or fun-of-making in my post.

Parkdale
04-28-2011, 12:39 PM
just trying to establish a "don't pick on UFC" tone around here.

save the heckling for RUSH fans.

tfcleeds
04-28-2011, 12:44 PM
just trying to establish a "don't pick on UFC" tone around here.

save the heckling for RUSH fans.

Hey now, come on...

Parkdale
04-28-2011, 12:52 PM
hahaha.... he's got a Rush logo in his signature. I think he can take the heat

Nodoubtguy
04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
I know Twisted Kilt is going to be UFC free for sure

DangerRed
04-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Most def staying home for this one. Might head to my buddy's place otherwise, but as I'm not a fan of UFC or of the demograhic that follows that sport, I'm staying away from the bars.

Going to stock up on Tusker and Zywiec and drink with a scarf around my neck (but not too much, since they'll probably lose and I may want to hang myself :D)

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Jack
04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
In my house, with beer.

whyalwaysme11
04-28-2011, 01:26 PM
In my house, with beer.

yes beer...
i pay for three goltvs
parents house
my house
my gfs house
so one of the three with beer

on a side note this is funny i couldnt find where else to post it.
not related to this thread... sorry not sure how old it is

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/04/28/exp.mxp.18moold.soccer.contract.hln?hpt=T2

Rudi
04-28-2011, 02:08 PM
As I posted in the other thread, U-Sector welcomes all TFC fans to the Duke of Gloucester (649 Yonge St.)

There will be no conflict as they do not show UFC events.

ochos
04-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I'll be at a bar full of over-Dethrone-ated, under-educated, low-class loner-turned-Brazilian wannabes watching upstanding, handsomely-statured half-naked lawyers, doctors and accountants go toe-to-toe in the Dodecahedrogon . Afterall, everyone knows MMA fighters aren't street brawlers like boxers...

FreekAce
04-28-2011, 02:20 PM

the duke last night had a guy walk out on his tab and full plate because they refused to show the hockey game and the Reds were about to play. locals always get priority.
:flare:

Technorgasm
04-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Most def staying home for this one. Might head to my buddy's place otherwise, but as I'm not a fan of UFC or of the demograhic that follows that sport, I'm staying away from the bars.

Going to stock up on Tusker and Zywiec and drink with a scarf around my neck (but not too much, since they'll probably lose and I may want to hang myself :D)

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

I am ALL over this on all points. . except for the hanging part. .

"fan of UFC or of the demo that follows. . ." ie TOWNIE.

TOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIE!!

ps. Jillys

__wowza
04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
As I posted in the other thread, U-Sector welcomes all TFC fans to the Duke of Gloucester (649 Yonge St.)

There will be no conflict as they do not show UFC events.

may take you up on that cause i'll be in the area for a party shortly afterwards. actually.. who'm i kidding? im going to the brass rail :(

and section116.. you really.. really like your soccer!!

whyalwaysme11
04-28-2011, 10:33 PM
may take you up on that cause i'll be in the area for a party shortly afterwards. actually.. who'm i kidding? im going to the brass rail :(

and section116.. you really.. really like your soccer!!

ha ha ha do they show the game there
ha ha ha

Rudi
04-28-2011, 11:18 PM
the duke last night had a guy walk out on his tab and full plate because they refused to show the hockey game and the Reds were about to play. locals always get priority.
:flare:
Wow. :D

Petor
04-29-2011, 05:38 AM
I have it a little tougher, I'll be in Montreal.
Going to see if the guys at McLean's will put a tv on TFC for me.
Anybody else going to be in Montreal for this one?
If so maybe we could hook up there, I'm going to find out about the tv this afternoon when I arrive in Montreal, am presently in Quebec City.

tfcleeds
04-29-2011, 05:57 AM
^Well, now that the Habs are out of the playoffs, it should be that much easier for you to get a TV on the TFC game.

Petor
04-29-2011, 06:11 AM
^Well, now that the Habs are out of the playoffs, it should be that much easier for you to get a TV on the TFC game.

Not that much easier, if you were a Habs or Limpact fan would you want a tv on TFC in your pub? For them it's a no brainer, UFC over TFC.

If McLean's says no this afternoon I'll have to find another place and if I do find one I'll post it here.
:scarf: