PDA

View Full Version : KKKolumbus GM Blames Toronto for Crew Fan Ban

Kickit09
07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
BLAME CANADA BLAME CANADA.... just like the song goes :canada:

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/audio-columbus-crews-mccullers-blames.html (http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/audio-columbus-crews-mccullers-blames.html)

Jack
07-03-2008, 04:26 PM
LOL.

Douchebag.

Carts
07-03-2008, 04:46 PM
LOL.

Douchebag.

Carefull Jack - As RPB President he'll probably blame you for the United States mortgage crisis...

John Carver & Mo Johnston will be to blame for high oil prices...

And all TFC fans for weak U.S. Dollar...

This guy is a FIRST CLASS IDIOT...!!!

Carts...

MG42
07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
So he's behind BB and Screaming Eagles...I always knew they were a product of the DCU Front Office :)

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
That is painfully funny.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Fuck that douche and fuck columbus those racist no talent fucks.

noochie
07-03-2008, 04:57 PM
And the internet is a series of tubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE

Rocco
07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
"This is what Toronto started... but now it escalated." Question is, WHO escalated the throwing of other things? His argument has more holes than swiss cheese :D

Mikey
07-03-2008, 05:32 PM
If they hadn't escalated from streamers to throwing their banjos and clay moonshine jugs at players, it wouldn't be an issue.

Hooligan69
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Typical American imbecile deflecting blame to where it doesn't belong in a sad attempt at covering up the pitiful behaviour of their own fanbase. I'm surprised he didn't try blaming Toronto for the racist incident as well.

sully
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
to interpret: this guy doesn't know how to communicate with the crew fans... sad

Phil
07-03-2008, 05:45 PM
If you actually listen to him its not as bad as the headlines on MLSrumors.

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 05:54 PM
When pressed for a specifically official statement:

Summed up: 'knows there can be bumps in the road' 'wants to work together at home (read: keep it in house) 'likes newly perceived homefield advantage' and 'Making Crew stadium a difficult place to play' and wants to maintain the 'atmosphere' they now have.

'Our policies have always been that throwing things onto the field is prohibited. Its difficult when you get into a situation of trying to say, okay, this is okay and this other thing is not okay. There was always this concern with the streamers and what was happening in Toronto and seeing that, you know, spread, and that was going to lead to others things being thrown, and that was going to be an issue, and thats what has happened now.'

'This was something that Toronto started and was allowed, but now its escalated and we need to go back to not affecting the play by throwing streamers on the corner kicks'

Its basically just alot of chest-beating and pointing the finger at everybody but themselves (Toronto, MLS, Los Angeles). Not a single direct reference to the racism that sparked all these issues or the smoke bombs, bottles and other shit being thrown on corners. Essentially the excess of general shit being thrown on their corners and the documented accounts of racism from their crowd are just 'bumps on the road' that Toronto FC and its fans have paved.

Real douchebaggery.

TFC07
07-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Wow, just wow.....

TFC07
07-03-2008, 05:59 PM

Word.

Oh yeah, FUCK MLS FO for not putting any pressure on KKKrew of punishing their fans for racist incident.

CretanBull
07-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Obviously its out fault racists in Columbus got caught on tape and invited a spotlight on all of their fan activities....

Oblio2
07-03-2008, 07:16 PM

QFT!!!!

Blazer
07-03-2008, 07:25 PM
They should also blame Toronto and the rest of Canada for our crazy mad gun control laws that makes their country look like a bunch of gunslinging cowboys with a horny trigger finger. Oh, wait a minute…that would actually make sense. Riiiiight...

Blazer
07-03-2008, 07:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSwRxvYPZI

Blame Canada!

BBBulldog
07-03-2008, 07:32 PM
1) you quoted mls rumors, that's like linking to the Onion

2) I'm gonna have to tell Oscar some gringo guy started Barra, it's gonna crush him. All along he thought it was him :D

mlsintoronto
07-03-2008, 08:21 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Is "numptyheid" one word or two?

kelzag
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
:boxing: Fight him Paul!

Torcida
07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
:prrr:

:canada: :party:

Cambridge_Red
07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=491

TFC Via Buffalo
07-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm petitioning Congress for the secession of Columbus from the Union. This has to be the most useless city with the most useless people in the world, not just the US.

noochie
07-03-2008, 09:08 PM
1) you quoted mls rumors, that's like linking to the Onion

2) I'm gonna have to tell Oscar some gringo guy started Barra, it's gonna crush him. All along he thought it was him :D

Ah the Onion... it truly is America's finest news source :)

kitchener-TFC
07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
This guy is as restarded as that cunt ref on Canada Day.

noochie
07-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Area Man claims streamers are the work of the devil.

dantdot
07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Area Man claims streamers are the work of the devil.

lol What came to mind.

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/screenshots/lists/news_198.jpg

noochie
07-03-2008, 09:25 PM
lol What came to mind.

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/screenshots/lists/news_198.jpg

LMAO

Keystone FC
07-04-2008, 04:08 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=491

That should read MASSIVE Douchebag!:D

Keystone FC
07-04-2008, 04:22 AM

Summed up: 'knows there can be bumps in the road' 'wants to work together at home (read: keep it in house) 'likes newly perceived homefield advantage' and 'Making Crew stadium a difficult place to play' and wants to maintain the 'atmosphere' they now have.

'Our policies have always been that throwing things onto the field is prohibited. Its difficult when you get into a situation of trying to say, okay, this is okay and this other thing is not okay. There was always this concern with the streamers and what was happening in Toronto and seeing that, you know, spread, and that was going to lead to others things being thrown, and that was going to be an issue, and thats what has happened now.'

'This was something that Toronto started and was allowed, but now its escalated and we need to go back to not affecting the play by throwing streamers on the corner kicks'

Its basically just alot of chest-beating and pointing the finger at everybody but themselves (Toronto, MLS, Los Angeles). Not a single direct reference to the racism that sparked all these issues or the smoke bombs, bottles and other shit being thrown on corners. Essentially the excess of general shit being thrown on their corners and the documented accounts of racism from their crowd are just 'bumps on the road' that Toronto FC and its fans have paved.

Real douchebaggery.

I listened to most of the interview and I don't think the racist issue came up. That's the Massive Radio announcers fault for not pushing the issue or at least seeing where the FO is on any type of investigation.
I do believe he was answering to why a TOTAL ban on streamers being thrown onto the field was put into place just a few days ago.
To be honest I have seen Houston throw many a streamer at players before TFC was in the league and I'm sure there have been other clubs that this has happened to, but we were the ones who made it more apart of the game or 'cool' to do.
To single TFC like that just goes to show how much the Crew envys TFC, the supporters, and how things are run up there while they need to have free ticket give-a-ways just so 500 people show up.

Can You Hear Columbus Cry
YEEEEEEAH, YEEEEEEAH
YEEEEEEAH, YEEEEEEAH
I Hear Them Cry....All The Time
YEEEEEEAH, YEEEEEEAH, YEEEEEEAH

Oldtimer
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM

That's pretty funny.

He also takes credit for the Brava Barra? They might have a thing or two to say about that. They were founded by a Hispanic fan, not the F.O.