PDA

View Full Version : Pre game/game: 27 Apr - TFC @ FC Edmonton (NCC)

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
04-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Time to test the depth

Would like to see

-------------Kocic
-Eckersley-Williams-Henry-Morgan
--------------Sturgis
-----Soolsma------Cordone
Stinson---------------------Plata
--------------Santos

2mil4dero+santo
04-24-2011, 04:01 PM
do you know if this is gonna be at Foote Field or Commonwealth Stadium?

twistedchinaman
04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Commonwealth.

UltraSuperMegaMo
Pretty sure it's at Commonwealth. Going to be a telling game. I'd like to see some of the less featured players, but is TFC good enough to put out a B team against anyone right now?

TFCRegina
Cannot wait for the RPB invasion of Commonwealth...all two or three of us that are attending.

TFCRegina
04-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Pretty sure it's at Commonwealth. Going to be a telling game. I'd like to see some of the less featured players, but is TFC good enough to put out a B team against anyone right now?

FC Edmonton has been quite strong and plays the game that TFC wants to play. The difference is they started their team a year early and got the system together. They've already sent one player to play in Japan (Matthew Lam). FCE will be a tough team to beat I think.

And yes, it's definitely at Commonwealth.

rocktml
04-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Time to test the depth

Would like to see

-------------Kocic
-Eckersley-Williams-Henry-Morgan
--------------Sturgis
-----Soolsma------Cordone
Stinson---------------------Plata
--------------Santos

Id rather see Gordon. Santos played 90 mins on staurday.

Yohan
04-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Id rather see Gordon. Santos played 90 mins on staurday.
I thought Santos got subbed out for Plata?

And I think Santos needs a goal to get back in the groove, plus Gordon I don't think is 100% fit yet

2mil4dero+santo
04-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Cannot wait for the RPB invasion of Commonwealth...all two or three of us that are attending.

Make that 6... me and 2 others might be there. Gonna call for tickets today.

rocker
04-24-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd put in the kids (I'd like to see Omphroy play for once, for example) sprinkled with a few vets. they'll play hard to look good for more playing time. We still have the return leg to play the vets if needed.

TFCRegina
04-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Make that 6... me and 2 others might be there. Gonna call for tickets today.

Tickets will be available at walk up (Commonwealth sits roughly 50-60k). And it's general admission. We'll have to pick a section somewhere. PM me your phone number so we can arrange that on game day.

2mil4dero+santo
04-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Tickets will be available at walk up (Commonwealth sits roughly 50-60k). And it's general admission. We'll have to pick a section somewhere. PM me your phone number so we can arrange that on game day.

yeah buddy see you there. I'll send pm...

Nuvinho
04-24-2011, 04:29 PM
-------------Kocic
-Omphroy-Williams-Henry-Morgan
-------------Cordone----------
-----Stinson------Tchani------
Soolsma---------------------Plata
------------Makubuya------------

Beach_Red
04-24-2011, 04:38 PM
A lot of people are okay with calling this a rebuilding years and missing the playoffs, somhow important is it to win the NCC?

TFCRegina
04-24-2011, 04:39 PM
A lot of people are okay with calling this a rebuilding years and missing the playoffs, somhow important is it to win the NCC?

I'm not ok with it. But my thoughts are known on this matter I think.

We should be aiming to win in any given year. I don't buy BS about rebuilding. TFC should aim to win this competition.

2mil4dero+santo
04-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm not ok with it. But my thoughts are known on this matter I think.

We should be aiming to win in any given year. I don't buy BS about rebuilding. TFC should aim to win this competition.

be careful, you know how a winning mentality can get you into trouble on here!

Be paitent, and enjoy losing...

werewolf
04-24-2011, 05:07 PM
The Concacaf Champions League is all we have to play for this year, I think.

rocker
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
The team should aim to win every game. But you can't put the same starting lineup out there every game when you have 6 games in 18 days (2 NCC, 4 league).

It's gonna be a balancing act for Winter.

In the league we still have 27 games left... there's no reason to give up on the season yet.

J .
04-24-2011, 05:14 PM
The Concacaf Champions League is all we have to play for this year, I think.

I think a berth into that is all we have.

NBS
04-24-2011, 05:52 PM
The lineups I'm seeing here concern me. We do want to win this tourny don't we? I understand the fixture congestion upcoming, but if I don't see at least some starters in this game I will be upset. CCL to me is the most important part of the year. Edmonton will NOT be push overs, I promise you this, so unless the idea of losing this tournament doesn't bother people here, we need a solid team out there.

Tony Tchani is suspended in the MLS, surely he will appear in this game. One of Martina or Stevanovic needs to be there too for pace and creativity up front. Injury may limit us in the back, but I want JDG to play one half at least in the mid.

Frei should start, Kocic could play the home leg if we get a win in Edmonton.

I wouldn't mind seeing Plata and Cordon, and Santos probably needs to play given Gordon just returned from injury.

I don't mind some mixing and matching, but please not a "B" team. Keep in mind if we get a good result in Edmonton, it allows us to field a "B" team in Toronto and give starters that week off, but let's not put ourselves in the hole coming home.

twistedchinaman
04-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Also...just as a reminder, Commonwealth is turf for throwball. So that could be very risky...

ExiledRed
04-24-2011, 06:58 PM

Absolutely not the time to do this. Thats asking for embarassment with this team.

jloome
04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd put in the kids (I'd like to see Omphroy play for once, for example) sprinkled with a few vets. they'll play hard to look good for more playing time. We still have the return leg to play the vets if needed.

Having watched all three of FC Edmonton's games this year, I wouldn't recommend that. They're not individually talented, but they're a very good team, move the ball very quickly an efficienctly, and would probably beat the kids.

rocker
04-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Having watched all three of FC Edmonton's games this year, I wouldn't recommend that. They're not individually talented, but they're a very good team, move the ball very quickly an efficienctly, and would probably beat the kids.

So what would you do then? Play the starting 11, then the kids on Saturday vs Seattle? Or mix it up?

Cuz we saw what happened when TFC played its third game in a week without mixing it up enough -- utter disaster vs. DC.

Something has to give over the next 10 days, with 4 games in that span.

manic.street.preacher
04-24-2011, 07:47 PM
^i have faith that there will be at least a bakers dozen of us

Bars92
04-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Also...just as a reminder, Commonwealth is turf for throwball. So that could be very risky...

ah yes, the old rugby football.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-24-2011, 07:56 PM
^ I agree a mixed squad is the only way to go. I think TFC has a few interchangeable parts, as an example is Borman a better player than Yourassowsky? From what we've seen of them, I'd say there about the same, maybe even a slight edge to Yourassowsky; who seems to be a bench player at the moment.

ExiledRed
04-24-2011, 08:58 PM
So what would you do then? Play the starting 11, then the kids on Saturday vs Seattle? Or mix it up?

Cuz we saw what happened when TFC played its third game in a week without mixing it up enough -- utter disaster vs. DC.

Something has to give over the next 10 days, with 4 games in that span.

The coach, players and about 60% of the fans have already writen off the season as a 'rebuilding period'

The rebuilding excuse may work for MLS, even justify the poor results, but it does NOT give Winter leeway to write off the CC as well.

Losing to Edmonton is not an option. This happens, and Winter's appointment has had absolutely no merit at all.

I would play the best 11 on Wednesday, and troll out the rebuilding excuse on saturday.

MG42
04-24-2011, 09:10 PM
The coach, players and about 60% of the fans have already writen off the season as a 'rebuilding period'

The rebuilding excuse may work for MLS, even justify the poor results, but it does NOT give Winter leeway to write off the CC as well.

Losing to Edmonton is not an option. This happens, and Winter's appointment has had absolutely no merit at all.

I would play the best 11 on Wednesday, and troll out the rebuilding excuse on saturday.

Same here, really what would be the chances of us picking up points in Seattle with the best 11 anyway? We need to win in Edmonton.

ExiledRed
04-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Same here, really what would be the chances of us picking up points in Seattle with the best 11 anyway?

Im not optimistic about that game at all.

Whoop
04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I say go all out on Wednesday and if the result goes your way, you go with a mixed lineup in the return leg. I also figure a victory Wednesday might boost morale.

As for Saturday, hope for a draw.

Walms
04-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Lets also remember that Winning this Turny and playing in the CCL would help bost TFC's "Total Football" Skills and be a massive benift for next season and our younger players growth
That Said, I'd Like to see a few of our younger/newer players in this match, Like Omphroy, Zavarise, Cordon, Morgon, ect.. But we still need to have most of our core roster on the pitch..... Frei Is a Must! IMO

Pinkie
04-24-2011, 09:53 PM
we cannot under any circumstance lose to edmonton. end of.

DangerRed
04-24-2011, 09:53 PM
I would have a seriously difficult time putting words to the shame I will feel if we lose to FC fucking EDMONTON. I know they're skilled as a group and play good possession ball, but fuck me, we're supposed to be the class of the country in terms of football. We play at the top tier available and have won the championship two years running. If we get humiliated or even draw them out, that'll put the stamp on it for me: the year's a writeoff.

As for Seattle, well, we all know what happened when we went there last time. Expecting a blowout.

flamehawk
04-24-2011, 10:08 PM
I watched one of Edmonton's games, and they certainly don't look like pushovers. I've been very impressed.

Thus, I really think we can't afford to put out our reserves. I think some of the players are going to need to be rested, the schedule is just too tight. But most of our starters need to start. However, Omphroy really impressed me during the reserve game. I think he should start given the difficulties with the RB position. Ekersly played alright up in midfield so perhaps he can start there. Cordon should also get another chance.

---------Kocic --------------
Omphroy--Williams--Cann--Yourass
---------Cordon-------------
--Eckersley ---Tchani--
Makabuya--------------Plata
-----------Gordon---------

Wow, I just realized we really only have two CFs... pretty ridicules

I think we're much more likely to get something out of the CC this year, over the MLS and it should be a priority.

twistedchinaman
04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Edmonton is not a loseable game. I personally forbid it.

Speaking of the game...where is everyone meeting before the game? Do we have some sort of plan?

TFCwestcan
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I watched one of Edmonton's games, and they certainly don't look like pushovers. I've been very impressed.

Thus, I really think we can't afford to put out our reserves. I think some of the players are going to need to be rested, the schedule is just too tight. But most of our starters need to start. However, Omphroy really impressed me during the reserve game. I think he should start given the difficulties with the RB position. Ekersly played alright up in midfield so perhaps he can start there. Cordon should also get another chance.

--Eckersley ---Tchani--
I think we're much more likely to get something out of the CC this year, over the MLS and it should be a priority.

Hey I like that line up. Eckersley reminds of so much of a no-name english premier league player, a terrier type winning battles, even the way he runs about tackling the opposition. From the limited time I like this pick-up. I would have Cordon on top of the mid field diamond.

This game will not be easy as FC Edmonton have won there games they are coached by a Dutch guy using the 433 style as well. he will have coached his team as the what to expect playing TFC. Should be a good game.

ecospice
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
we cannot under any circumstance lose to edmonton. end of.

Agree, 100%.

I would run out the same lineup as this weekend with the exception of starting The Eck over Harden at RB. Would be good to see Plata and Soolsma get good minutes and Gordon and Santos can thus rest a half each - plus this stadium now has field turn instead of natural turf.

:scarf:

Yohan
04-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Attakora, Cann, JDG, Stevanovic, Gordon are coming off an injury. could probably use few more days to heal up

TFCwestcan
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I am going to Edmonton, the weather looks decent maybe 10 degrees game time. I was looking around the stadium for some pubs etc, but there only seems to be auto body shops, bottle depots, non-descript light industrial. How odd! In most other cities there are eating venues, pubs etc. nearby. At Wrigley field there are block's of pubs, opps Toyota park is out in the boonies as well..

Walms
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
-------------Frei
Omphroy, Williams, Cann, Borman

------Eckersley, Tchani
---Stinson, Gordon, Zavarise
------------Santos

twistedchinaman
04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Okay folks...two things.

Roll call who is IN for Edmonton...I am one! :)

Next, we need to find a gathering spot. As Westcan has just mentioned, there is NOTHING near Commonwealth, which leaves us with either a) downtown or b) Old Strathcona as meeting points...but they are both pretty far from the stadium.

Parking is one issue we need to deal with...but if we park them in one place and then take the LRT to the stadium (like the FCE supporters are apparently) that could work as well. So...with that said in mind, what say you guys?

flamehawk
04-24-2011, 10:31 PM
I personalyl don't really rate Solsma at all. Though perhaps, he really hasn't been given too much of a chance yet.

However, seeing as he's a Winter pick up, I expect that he'll be starting.

And do we know that Zavarise is fit? If he is then I'd sub him in for Makabuya in my lineup

twistedchinaman
04-24-2011, 10:51 PM
For those of you who are going: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206027342762764&pending#!/event.php?eid=206027342762764 (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206027342762764&pending#%21/event.php?eid=206027342762764)

TFCRegina
04-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Okay folks...two things.

Roll call who is IN for Edmonton...I am one! :)

Next, we need to find a gathering spot. As Westcan has just mentioned, there is NOTHING near Commonwealth, which leaves us with either a) downtown or b) Old Strathcona as meeting points...but they are both pretty far from the stadium.

Parking is one issue we need to deal with...but if we park them in one place and then take the LRT to the stadium (like the FCE supporters are apparently) that could work as well. So...with that said in mind, what say you guys?

I'd call it Deadmonton, but the city is better than Regina...

NBS
04-24-2011, 11:47 PM

--Eckersley ---Tchani--

Wow, I just realized we really only have two CFs... pretty ridicules

No reason to not play Frei. He's a goalie, he can play every game if we need him to. If we get a decent advantage going home, then maybe we can play Kocic, but we need to get off to a good start. Don't give Edmonton any chance at momentum.

TFCRegina
04-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Check the facebook group for updates on what we're doing. Pub is posted there.

twistedchinaman
04-25-2011, 02:48 AM
We're hanging out at OByrnes in Old Strathcona, and meeting up there around 4pm...

GET IN! COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

ensco
04-25-2011, 06:40 AM

We have to fly 2,000 miles, we're playing on 4 days rest, away, against a team that some knowledgeable people on here think is pretty good, in the biggest game in that team's history, plus we have never done better than eek out results against inferior CCL opposition...

Sounds to me like they could easily beat our best team Wednesday.

DOMIN8R
04-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Taking a page from Detroit's Board Rage Alert Ranking System, which do you predict will best describe this board Thursday morning?
Suppressed
Surly
Seething
Erupting
Frightening
Uncontrollable
Yeoman

ensco
04-25-2011, 06:48 AM
8. Weeping?

menefreghista
04-25-2011, 07:32 AM
We have to fly 2,000 miles, we're playing on 4 days rest, away, against a team that some knowledgeable people on here think is pretty good, in the biggest game in that team's history, plus we have never done better than eek out results against inferior CCL opposition...

Sounds to me like they could easily beat our best team Wednesday.

And to top it off Edmonton had the weekend off. They played last Wednesday so they will have a week to prepare.

ManUtd4ever
04-25-2011, 07:41 AM
-------------Kocic------------

Omphroy-Henry-Harden-Morgan

--------Sturgis--Tchani-------

Soolsma-----Cordon------Plata

-------------Santos----------

TFCREDNWHITE
04-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Play to WIN every single game. PERIOD!

__wowza
04-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Taking a page from Detroit's Board Rage Alert Ranking System, which do you predict will best describe this board Thursday morning?

Suppressed
Surly
Seething
Erupting
Frightening
Uncontrollable
Yeoman

HAHAHA. this needs to be adapted into an actual alert system somewhere on the boards. it'll be like a radiation level, if it's high enough, i'll just stay away.

mastermixer
04-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Wonder what the attendance for a game like this will be? 10,000?

ManUtd4ever
04-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Well, FC Edmonton is the only game in town at the moment so I would assume there is a decent level of interest. I think there will be 12,000-15,000 in attendance if the weather is cooperative.

ngrunberg
04-25-2011, 08:58 AM
-------------Kocic------------

Omphroy-Henry-Harden-Morgan

--------Sturgis--Tchani-------

Soolsma-----Cordon------Plata

-------------Santos----------

Like this except maybe Youraski and Ecksersley at the FB slots with Morgan and Omphroy available as subs. If we are up pull them and Santos for Omphroy/Morgan/Makayuba... if we are down pull Soolsma, Sturgis and Plata for JDG, Peterson, Stevan or Martina...

Dreadlocks
04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm trying to find match footage of Edmonton online and here's what I found.

Edmonton's first goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQfdyZyxsI

Edmonton vs Silverbacks match highlights..
http://youtu.be/asvLuQbbjuk

The teams they play against look horrible so it's tough to guage anything.

Can anyone else find anything?

dupont
04-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I will not accept a loss in this game. TFC absolutely needs to make a statement and win this game.

Oldtimer
04-25-2011, 09:44 AM
plus we have never done better than eek out results against inferior CCL opposition...

If this was still Preki's team, he'd play a "B team" and put 10 men behind the ball to try not to concede a goal and pull off a draw.

We have yet to see how Winter will handle it. I'm sure the league will be the first priority no matter what, given that his predecessors won the NCC but missed the playoffs and got fired.

ryan
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Edmonton's first goal:

LOL @ that first goal in the game vs the Silverbacks.

:picard:

2mil4dero+santo
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Edmonton's first goal:

if you want a gauge... remember that NASL team we couldn't beat at bmo, the PR islanders (Velez' old team). thats about the skill level of FC Edmonton. In other words, don't expect points from this. Should be a good time though...

ensco
04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
If this was still Preki's team, he'd play a "B team" and put 10 men behind the ball to try not to concede a goal and pull off a draw.

We have yet to see how Winter will handle it.I'm sure the league will be the first priority no matter what, given that his predecessors won the NCC but missed the playoffs and got fired.

That's not true. Preki played the A team against Montreal last year, then played an inferior lineup that mailed it in at RSL three nights later.

Preki did sit some guys at Arabe Unido, but even then, it wasn't the B team.

I think Winter will play for the NCC hard, since the MLS season already looks like a lost cause, and the financial rewards from CCL qualification are quite significant (minimum 3 extra home games)

Oldtimer
04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
That's not true. Preki played the A team against Montreal last year, then played an inferior lineup that mailed it in at RSL three nights later.

I think he will play for the NCC hard, since the MLS season already looks like a lost cause, and the financial rewards from CCL qualification are quite significant (minimum 3 extra home games)

You might be right. The folks at U-Sector think he'll be playing the Academy kids. If he does, I expect a tie or a loss. If he plays an "A" squad, a tie or a win.

Section 117
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
If we play the first squad then I expect a win and nothing less. If we start the B team a tie is the minimum I expect.

TFCRegina
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
If we play the first squad then I expect a win and nothing less. If we start the B team a tie is the minimum I expect.

This is just more underestimation of a good side.

FCE is 2-0-1 this season. All games on the road. Their first home match is TFC. If we play a B team, I'll be shocked if we draw.

flamehawk
04-25-2011, 11:36 AM

FCE is 2-0-1 this season. All games on the road. Their first home match is TFC. If we play a B team, I'll be shocked if we draw.

Also, I remember they had a pretty decent exhibition run last year. Given friendly results aren't completely indicative of strengths, but a 4 - 3 loss to Colo Colo and a penalty loss after drawing 1 - 1 against Portsmouth means they do have something. They also defeated Montreal and Ottawa.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=328150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyk16uftBFk - Portsmouth penalty shootout

On paper, we're the stronger team, but they can't be underestimated. And it's not a sure win even with our strongest side out. Hopefully I am completely wrong though :p

Yohan
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
question then is, when do we use our depth? because if we keep playing first team guys all the time, esp with nagging injuries and not completely match fit and all, we're going to have some really tired dudes pretty damn soon

menefreghista
04-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I think Winter will play for the NCC hard, since the MLS season already looks like a lost cause, and the financial rewards from CCL qualification are quite significant (minimum 3 extra home games)

Considering how poorly the CCL games sold last year plus the overall drop in demand I wonder if they even want to have more inventory to sell.

Mind you, I'm sure the last thing they want is to have to return money for the May 25 game.

Plus this team badly needs some positive news.

Beach_Red
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
question then is, when do we use our depth? because if we keep playing first team guys all the time, esp with nagging injuries and not completely match fit and all, we're going to have some really tired dudes pretty damn soon

Do we expect these first team guys to be the ones who also finish the season? Is this our team for this year?

Section 117
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Oldtimer it is not an under estimation of a good team. This is what I expect from our team. If we played a different team my expectations would be different. If our B team is not good enough to beat them then they shouldnt be on the team period.

No offense to the A League or USL or what ever the league they play in. There is absolutely no reason why WE should not expect a victory period. I understand holding back expectations in the league but in this tournament there is no reason for us to hope for a victory against Edmonton and us lifting the cup again

ManUtd4ever
04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
The one issue that shouldn't be overlooked is that Edmonton's players are more acclimated with each other and their tactical system than we are, and the results have been self evident for them.

That being said, a TFC squad with a blend of starters and reserve players will definitely have the edge in talent. It should be an interesting match.

ryan
04-25-2011, 12:41 PM

Your Canadian homerism blinds you IMO.

Beach_Red
The one issue that shouldn't be overlooked is that Edmonton's players are more acclimated with each other and their tactical system than we are, and the results have been self evident for them.

That being said, a TFC squad with a blend of starters and reserve players will definitely have the edge in talent. It should be an interesting match.

Isn't this their first season? And still, they assembled their players before TFC?

scooterTFC
I think depth will be key in this game but I don't anticipate to see a huge swing to youth like others are projecting. We've got some experienced depth guys that should have the savvy and quality to get us a win in Edmonton. I think we'll see something like this
-------------Frei---------------
Eckersley---Attakora-Harden---Yourassky
-------Peterson------Tchani-------
-------------Cordon---------------
Plato------Santos-------Zavarise

Santos and Peterson play 45-60 mins. If we need a goal then maybe we see Martina/Gordon off the bench. If we have a lead then maybe Soolsma and Sturgis.

Hugh Jazz
04-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Can we even say there is a clear A/B team at this point? Considering the different variations we've seen start in the back 4 so far we could have two different back lines start the next two games without their being that noticeable of a difference between the two.

Some of the starters with injuries shouldn't play if they aren't able to but I'd expect to see Tchani and Harden start given their card situations.

ManUtd4ever
04-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Isn't this their first season? And still, they assembled their players before TFC?

Their management team was hired well before Winter and Mariner, and as it was already pointed out in this thread, the bulk of their first team has been in place for several months playing exhibition matches against quality opponents in preparation for the regular season.

NBS
04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Oldtimer it is not an under estimation of a good team. This is what I expect from our team. If we played a different team my expectations would be different. If our B team is not good enough to beat them then they shouldnt be on the team period.

No offense to the A League or USL or what ever the league they play in. There is absolutely no reason why WE should not expect a victory period. I understand holding back expectations in the league but in this tournament there is no reason for us to hope for a victory against Edmonton and us lifting the cup again

IMO, an MLS B team is not better than an NASL A team, especially playing at the home of the NASL team. If we play a B team, FCE should be considered the favourite.

Yohan
04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Do we expect these first team guys to be the ones who also finish the season? Is this our team for this year?
considering new CBA, I don't see too much player movement

swan
04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
i hope i can find a stream for this i don't get sportsnet well tsn and gol tv for that matter..

please put it on tfc tv for us people living in the states can watch it..

pekduck
04-25-2011, 05:17 PM
is there a viewing party somewhere?

dantdot
04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Anyone know if Sportsnet is streaming it? Pretty sure they did last year or at least the year before.

brad
04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
You might be right. The folks at U-Sector think he'll be playing the Academy kids. If he does, I expect a tie or a loss. If he plays an "A" squad, a tie or a win.

It's a tough choice in my opinion. As supporters, we want to win this. We want our team to win everything.

However, MLS squads are paper thin (if you aren't RSL) and balancing priorities becomes a real challenge. It is probably better off for us in the league if Winter does play a second string team and risk losing. It is probably better off for us in the league not to win the Nutralite Cup and have mid-week Champions League games far South and have a league game the following weekend.

I personally will not fault Winter if he rests most of our starters.

Stryker
04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
I'll be shocked if Plata doesn't get a start here.

twistedchinaman
04-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone know if Sportsnet is streaming it? Pretty sure they did last year or at least the year before.

Haven't heard anything about a live stream online...and even then, it may be restricted to Canada only. :(

SilverSamurai
04-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Is this even on TV?

To me, I care more a bout the Champions League...
International recognition gives you more cred than winning the MLS Cup. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have both, but the CCL is my top choice.

TFCRegina
04-25-2011, 06:19 PM

My Canadian homerism? I don't understand what the hell you're talking about. Look at the stats buddy. 2-0-1. All road matches. It's not hard to understand that they're not a bad side at all, they're coached by a Dutchman with a UEFA Pro License, and they have been working in the same tactical system for a year now (something TFC hasn't had).

If you're going to talk about the large Canadian content on the roster of FCE, what the hell does that have to do with anything? TFC has tonnes of Canadian content as well, so that doesn't really make much fucking sense, does it?

Did I mention Canadian content in /any/ of my arguments earlier? No. You're just introducing shit to be a troll.

TFCRegina
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM

FC Edmonton was founded about 1 year ago. This is their first competitive season but last year they played about 10-15 friendlies and assembled a squad. They hired two Dutch coaches with Pro Licenses and focused on a possession oriented attacking game (sound familiar).

They've had a year to assemble this group. They've grabbed some USL vets, European castoffs and a host of Prairie youngsters. The team isn't bad. I think people are grossly underestimating their strength. Doesn't mean I think we'll lose the series but I think getting a result in Edmonton will be tougher than we think.

And i'll be more than happy to eat humble pie if Toronto FC proves me wrong.

twistedchinaman
04-25-2011, 06:44 PM
^ Agreed. We've learned in the last couple years that we can't take any opponent for granted...if Winter does that with Redmundumb, I would be VERY upset.

cochrdoc
04-25-2011, 07:29 PM
We haven`t beaten a div. 3 team this year.This is going to be a good game.Sidra will probably pot 2

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Any buzz on what kind of crowd they're going to get a Commonwealth?

2mil4dero+santo
04-25-2011, 07:42 PM

If there's anything this tournament has taught us over the years, its that we can't take any lower division team lightly. Have you already forgotten getting beat (at BMO among other places) by usl teams with our A-side?

twistedchinaman
04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
This will be the first game at home...they've not even played at home before this one, so crowds are a bit huge question right now.

TFCRegina
04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
This will be the first game at home...they've not even played at home before this one, so crowds are a bit huge question right now.

I'm guessing they will get 10,000 or so. They want 20,000.

10,000 will be a financial success for the club, but the ownership will be disappointed.

Foote only sits 2,500 and the only other suitable stadium is Commonwealth, so they're kinda screwed on this one.

Whoop
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Do Edmontonians hate Toronto? Would hating Toronto be enough of a draw? LOL

ExiledRed
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Im finding that even people in Mississauga hate Toronto.

I'm almost convinced that TO should be twin cities with Liverpool.

noochie
04-25-2011, 09:26 PM

There isn't nearly as much animosity as say Vancouver but they certainly are not fans of ours ;-)

I am in Edmonton every month on business, I rarely hear anything about FCE... no street signs, no ads on buses or billboards... seems like a hobby team to me.

I doubt there will be much buzz even this week.

Whoop
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM

Meh... not a big fan of Mississauga. LOL

TFCwestcan
04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
For those of you who are going: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206027342762764&pending#!/event.php?eid=206027342762764 (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206027342762764&pending#%21/event.php?eid=206027342762764)

Sorry I don't have facebook, is the pub mentioned O'byrnes in old Strathcona?

Thanks

Gazza
04-25-2011, 10:12 PM

No thanks, Four losing teams is enough.

twistedchinaman
04-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Sorry I don't have facebook, is the pub mentioned O'byrnes in old Strathcona?

Thanks

Yes, that is correct. We'll be meeting there at approximately 4pm.

jloome
04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
There isn't nearly as much animosity as say Vancouver but they certainly are not fans of ours ;-)

I am in Edmonton every month on business, I rarely hear anything about FCE... no street signs, no ads on buses or billboards... seems like a hobby team to me.

I doubt there will be much buzz even this week.

I'm no fan of their shit marketing to date but this is incorrect, they've had ads all over the side of buses, and billboards, for the last two weeks, and a groupon deal is proving quite popular.

Also, both papers will be covering it. I don't know if they'll get a great crowd -- a lot depends on weather -- and I don't presume to suggest they market well, but they haven't ignored it completely.

As for the team itself, individually on a talent level they shouldn't even be a challenge. But as noted, they've played together for about 18 months in a possession and quick movement system.

To me, that's actually somewhat to our benefit, becuase we play that system. I expect us to make their movement much tougher than the opposition they've faced so far (Carolina, the only competitive team they've played in league so far, lost the possession battle but kept Edmonton from getting a serious chance at goal) but still have to fight to get the win.

Whoop
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Who are the key players for FCE?

Rudi
04-25-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm guessing they will get 10,000 or so. They want 20,000.

10,000 will be a financial success for the club, but the ownership will be disappointed.

Foote only sits 2,500 and the only other suitable stadium is Commonwealth, so they're kinda screwed on this one.
The real problem is Sportsnet insisting that the game kick off at 8pm ET, which is 6pm in Edmonton.

Originally, the match was scheduled for an 8pm MT kick off, but they switched it for TV purposes,. That's really going to kill the crowd potential, IMO.

ExiledRed
04-25-2011, 10:56 PM
No thanks, Four losing teams is enough.

fuck that, you'd be delighted if TFC was a 'losing' team like Liverpool.

At least we would win games against big opposition while we were 'rebuilding'

In this league coming in sixth is apparently #WINNING anyway

twistedchinaman
04-25-2011, 11:39 PM
The real problem is Sportsnet insisting that the game kick off at 8pm ET, which is 6pm in Edmonton.

Originally, the match was scheduled for an 8pm MT kick off, but they switched it for TV purposes,. That's really going to kill the crowd potential, IMO.

True, but it's right after work...so it works. There is like one Game 7 scheduled that night, so that would be a big TV draw-away. :(

Plus, if we started at 8pm MST it'd be like 10pm EST, so the eastern crowd would be all gone.

Troll
04-26-2011, 07:12 AM

The nerve of those assholes for wanting to move a preliminary NCC match to an earlier time slot just to accommodate the NHL playoffs.

DeRoman
04-26-2011, 07:35 AM
See you all there, us Regina folk will be bringing 4 people and are hoping to be in town early enough to hit the pub that's being mentioned.

Fort York Redcoat
04-26-2011, 07:37 AM

Agree. Plus Sportset has shite on after so it's only about their competitors coverage. Pathetic.

The nerve of those assholes for wanting to move a preliminary NCC match to an earlier time slot just to accommodate the NHL playoffs.

Not Assholes. Idiots. There's no sense in it to have it earlier unless it's for the couple thousand of us watching here instead getting another 10k actually at the match.

Darlofletch
04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Agree. Plus Sportset has shite on after so it's only about their competitors coverage. Pathetic.

Not Assholes. Idiots. There's no sense in it to have it earlier unless it's for the couple thousand of us watching here instead getting another 10k actually at the match.

yep, their first ever home competitive game, in the voyageur cup against an mls team, and they have to put it on at 6pm for tv's sake? absolute joke.

mastermixer
04-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I know I'm jumping the gun here... but if we get past Edmonton is the final round included in the season tix as well?

menefreghista
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
I know I'm jumping the gun here... but if we get past Edmonton is the final round included in the season tix as well?

Yes. The home game would be May 25 at 8pm.

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2011, 08:48 AM

Yes. The home game would be May 25 at 8pm.

It's unlikely, but it would be fantastic if TFC moves on to play Montreal in the NCC Final.

menefreghista
04-26-2011, 09:01 AM
It's unlikely, but it would be fantastic if TFC moves on to play Montreal in the NCC Final.

I haven't been following the Impact this season but I do think TFC and Vancouver are both ripe for the picking by an inspired, well-organized USL/NASL team.

Fort York Redcoat
04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Kocic. He needs games under his belt and hasn't had a shocker for us. The only one I'm sure about is getting Tchani to play this game since he can't this weekend.

flamehawk
04-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Who are the key players for FCE?

Alex Surprenant (RB) and Shaun Saiko (CM) looked pretty good. Though I only watched their first game.

werewolf
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Wasn't paying attention to the schedule before, having both games on at the same time is a joke. Going head to head against hockey is inevitable. If the Montreal game was at a normal time, and Edmonton at a normal (local) kick-off time, then we could all see both matches. Talk about hurting viewership, I thought it was just GolTV that lacked common sense.

Yohan
04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
^eh. I'm going to be tuning into CCL final at 10 anyways

Dreadlocks
04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
So I just watched the media scrum on TFC TV with both coaches and I swear the media there hasn't a clue. Not one question about tactics to be employed, what is expected out of each team, weather or not Winter has seen much of Edmonton etc....

Pure FOOLISHNESS I swear! :facepalm:

NBS
04-26-2011, 07:43 PM
So I just watched the media scrum on TFC TV with both coaches and I swear the media there hasn't a clue. Not one question about tactics to be employed, what is expected out of each team, weather or not Winter has seen much of Edmonton etc....

Pure FOOLISHNESS I swear! :facepalm:

Yeah, it looked like non-soccer guys trying to talk soccer. Very unconvincingly I might add. Painful to watch.

TFCRegina
04-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Trying to decide whether the media was the star of the press conference or the coaches. Max Bell should have been the only one asking questions, unfortunately he's stuck with MC duties.

bgnewf
04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Dear Aron - Take the Voyageurs Cup seriously

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/dear-aron/

In a letter to Coach Winter I urge him to make sure he takes FC Edmonton and the Voyageurs Cup seriously.

Joe Kool
04-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Interesting note at the end of the conference...17 Canadians on the Edmonton team and 14 of those from Alberta. We can't let a homegrown Alberta team beat us....they better take it seriously because it was bad enough having to listen to my relatives in BC after the opener...I will never hear the end of it from my Edmonton relatives if the unthinkable happens.

twistedchinaman
04-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Interesting note at the end of the conference...17 Canadians on the Edmonton team and 14 of those from Alberta. We can't let a homegrown Alberta team beat us....they better take it seriously because it was bad enough having to listen to my relatives in BC after the opener...I will never hear the end of it from my Edmonton relatives if the unthinkable happens.

You don't LIVE in Alberta...I have my Calgarian pride to uphold here.

Technorgasm
04-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Plata for the start. . please heed the Norb's Call!

CBTFC
04-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Plata for the start

Second that!

Tired of hearing people say he's not ready for a start, or too small to play up front with Martina and Santos.

Spark off the opening whistle, not a spark off the bench in the 75th minute.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:33 AM
I heard Peterson is going to start as keeper and then move to coaching duties for the second half....

Brooker
04-27-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd take a 0-0 draw right now if offered. How depressing. :o

Fort York Redcoat
04-27-2011, 07:41 AM

I feel that. Eckersly, Nana (to find his form again against NASL competition), Cann (because I still love that pairing) but still unsure on the final back...

mastermixer
04-27-2011, 07:46 AM
To be honest, i don't think any of the Canadian teams have a chance of doing any damage outside the Nutrilite this year.

London
04-27-2011, 07:47 AM

http://www.trailershut.com/movie-posters/Mighty-Mouse-Movie-Poster.jpg

TFC-AB
04-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Well 9 hours till kick off! got my tickets Section S row 21 seats 8 and 9.... I'll be on the look out for other TFC Supporters...

Come on you reds!

Dreadlocks
04-27-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm pretty sure we'll see Harden since he's coming off suspension and is rested and we'll also see Tchani for sure since he's not playing on the weekend due to suspension. Yourassovski should get some time along with Plata and Zavarise. Eckersley should also get in but I wouldn't play him the full 90. Maybe 70 to keep him somewhat fresh for Seattle.

noochie
04-27-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm no fan of their shit marketing to date but this is incorrect, they've had ads all over the side of buses, and billboards, for the last two weeks, and a groupon deal is proving quite popular.

I was just speaking from first hand experience... maybe I am looking at the wrong buses but I haven't seen anything here all week...

except for... at CityCentre yesterday they were handing out 2 for 1 coupons that you could use online to buy GA tickets.

I don't read the local paper so perhaps they are doing better in that dept, I wouldn't know.

noochie
04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Well 9 hours till kick off! got my tickets Section S row 21 seats 8 and 9.... I'll be on the look out for other TFC Supporters...

Come on you reds!

I will be right behind you in row 26

Oldtimer
04-27-2011, 11:33 AM

Come on you reds!

I will be right behind you in row 26

Represent!

Oldtimer
04-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Game will be streamed here:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/

Auzzy
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Game will be streamed here:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/

That's great news. Where did you find that info?

Thanks!

Oldtimer
04-27-2011, 12:25 PM
That's great news. Where did you find that info?

Thanks!

Tip from Rudi of U-Sector, based on a tweet by Ryan Johnston.

Redcoe15
04-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Gonna record tonight's game,seeing as I'm working tonight. :(

Will be very interested in how this game gets played out for TFC.

twistedchinaman
04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
It's GAME DAY! Yaaaaayyyy!!

hodgkiss
04-27-2011, 02:11 PM
this match is in edmonton. we should draw. 3 pts would be great but 0 points would be a disappointment.

however, we need to start a b side for this. most of these b players have touched the pitch at least once in game situations and they all practice the system together - so it shouldn't be anything less than expected. and in fact, these guys are hungry and have something to prove so i would expect some brilliant play from a few of them.

in my opinion, the starting XI would be:

--------------------plata--------------------
cordon-----------------------------zavarise
-------------------sturgis-------------------
-----bouchiba-----------------stinson------
morgan----------------------------omphroy
-----------williams-----harden-------------
--------------------kocic--------------------

possible subs:

bouchiba in for sturgis
eckersley in for omphroy
yourassowsky in for morgan
makubuya in for plata

NBS
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
this match is in edmonton. we should draw. 3 pts would be great but 0 points would be a disappointment.

however, we need to start a b side for this. most of these b players have touched the pitch at least once in game situations and they all practice the system together - so it shouldn't be anything less than expected. and in fact, these guys are hungry and have something to prove so i would expect some brilliant play from a few of them.

in my opinion, the starting XI would be:

--------------------plata--------------------
cordon-----------------------------zavarise
-------------------sturgis-------------------
-----bouchiba-----------------stinson------
morgan----------------------------omphroy
-----------williams-----harden-------------
--------------------kocic--------------------

possible subs:

bouchiba in for sturgis
eckersley in for omphroy
yourassowsky in for morgan
makubuya in for plata

Would you play that hungry and something to prove lineup vs MLS competition? If not, don't tell me about how hungry they are and how this somehow will matter. Talent wins. Need some regulars in there.

billyfly
04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Fear TFC Edmonton. Fear us!

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/billyfly21/tfc.png

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Is Bouchiba even fit? I though there was some speculation he had a long term injury.

menefreghista
04-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Is Bouchiba even fit? I though there was some speculation he had a long term injury.

Bouchiba is out for 6 months. The club is secretive about that though.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Bouchiba is out for 6 months. The club is secretive about that though.

Was he injured when TFC signed him? If so, I can see why they might be secretive.

hodgkiss
04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Would you play that hungry and something to prove lineup vs MLS competition? If not, don't tell me about how hungry they are and how this somehow will matter. Talent wins. Need some regulars in there.

plata has subbed the last like 3 games, harden and williams have often been starting, the entire midfield has been subbed in at least 2 games each... and stinson has seen a little action too. these are not all guys that haven't seen the pitch. and besides, these guys are getting reserve games too. so it's all good.

if stevanovic is fit, he could be a great sub or maybe gordon as a late sub...

flamehawk
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
plata has subbed the last like 3 games, harden and williams have often been starting, the entire midfield has been subbed in at least 2 games each... and stinson has seen a little action too. these are not all guys that haven't seen the pitch. and besides, these guys are getting reserve games too. so it's all good.

if stevanovic is fit, he could be a great sub or maybe gordon as a late sub...

well, there's only been 1 reserve game and only 5 of your starters played in them.

I am not sure that midfield 3 is strong enough. Stinson has never started or came on as a sub for us before, Bouchiba is injured, and I personally don't really rate Sturgis - he didn't even look very good for the reserves game. I'd rather move Cordon to Sturgis' position, and have T'Chani (banned for Saturday anyways) and Eckersley in the Defensive Mid positions.

Also, think that we need either Maicon or Gordon starting at Centre Forward. They're the few players we have that can play as a target man.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Was he injured when TFC signed him? If so, I can see why they might be secretive.

nope he got injured during training.
not sure why they are secretive,its highly irritating

Torontotonto
04-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Anyone know if this match will be streamed online ?

menefreghista
04-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Anyone know if this match will be streamed online ?

Yes.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/championship/nccvideo.asp?lang=en

You can stream the Vancouver v Montreal game as well.

jloome
04-27-2011, 06:08 PM
One hour from kickoff and there are about 200 people in the stadium total. Early start is gonna be a killer

bgnewf
04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Paul Ward is the official in charge this evening.

barticusz
04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm just about to head there now.. Looks like its raining on the north side of the city too..

Too bad.. it was nice all morning.

RedsYNWA
04-27-2011, 06:14 PM
I love how some of you guys are saying start our B squad....OUR ENTIRE TEAM IS A "B" SQUAD

Anything but a victory vs. an expansion USL side is a disaster...play strong let's get the win and thanplay keep away next week

dantdot
04-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Starting XI: Frei; Borman, Harden, Williams, Eckersley; Cordon, Tchani, Maicon; Yourassowsky, Gordon, Plata

LesH
04-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/championship/nccvideo.asp?lang=en

You can stream the Vancouver v Montreal game as well.

Any links that can be watched outside Canada?
I'm in the US.

SZMULKI
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
the streams on canadasoccer.com and sportsnet.ca are not available outside Canada.
Does anyone know how can I watch this game in the U.S?

Detroit_TFC
04-27-2011, 06:40 PM
the streams on canadasoccer.com and sportsnet.ca are not available outside Canada.
Does anyone know how can I watch this game in the U.S?

Goddammit, I hate these geographical restrictions. I need to get an IP spoofer.

LesH
04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
I never understand what's the fucking reason that canadasoccer.com and sportsnet.ca streams are blocked outside Canada for only Canadian teams involving games?
Anyone any idea?

LesH
04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Anyone knows a free Canadian proxy, through these streams above would work?

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Starting XI: Frei; Borman, Harden, Williams, Eckersley; Cordon, Tchani, Maicon; Yourassowsky, Gordon, Plata

I wouldn't call this a B squad, what's everyone else think?

Oldtimer
04-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Any links that can be watched outside Canada?
I'm in the US.

Try Sportsnet's own link:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011_nutrilite/

Detroit_TFC
04-27-2011, 06:47 PM
No. Maybe Winter is going all in for NCC.

Detroit_TFC
04-27-2011, 06:47 PM

Doesn't work outside Canada.

LesH
04-27-2011, 06:49 PM

Forbidden outside Canada!

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-27-2011, 06:49 PM
I looked on all the sites I watch football on, no listing for this game. Why block people from outside Canada watching these games? Might generate some interest.

LesH
04-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Nothing ever worked outside Canada which is aired by a Canadian network, just if someone sets up a personal stream which streams one of the direct ones.

sakuraba19
04-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Rain + Thunder alert, Wind around 60-70 km/h. Ugly weather in Edmonton.

Red CB Toronto
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing Plata out there for an extended appearance. Good to see him getting the start.

swan
04-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Nothing ever worked outside Canada which is aired by a Canadian network, just if someone sets up a personal stream which streams one of the direct ones.

looks like we are in the same boat...

don't think am 590 radio is airing it either

SZMULKI
04-27-2011, 07:05 PM
nope 590 is airing the Blue Jays game

LesH
04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
looks like we are in the same boat...

don't think am 590 radio is airing it either

Ok, then fuck this restriction bullshit, I'm not going to stare at my PC reading the forum for match updates for 2 hours.
I'm out of here. :(:(:(:(:(

Detroit_TFC
04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
A dude put up a stream

http://www.livestream.com/instantawesome

SZMULKI
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
A dude put up a stream

god Bless you dude

LesH
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
A dude put up a stream

Thanks
Thanks Thanks
Thanks

I have a mancrush on you!!!!

LittleOzzy
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
We look horrible.

rocker
04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
We look horrible.

If we look horrible, FCE looks even more horrible.

I don't think TFC looks that bad really.

Red CB Toronto
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
This is one good game, now its time for the Reds to make it great.

LittleOzzy
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
If we look horrible, FCE looks even more horrible.

I don't think TFC looks that bad really.

We are playing down to their level and we shouldn't be. We should be controlling the whole game.

rocker
04-27-2011, 07:22 PM
We are playing down to their level and we shouldn't be. We should be controlling the whole game.

well, TFC has more possession and chances than FCE. I don't think TFC is good enough to be dominating anybody.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Im loving Eckersley! Quality!

Gazza
04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh Oscar

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Told ya, eckersly is awesome

Chevy
04-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Im loving Eckersley! Quality!

Beat me to it.

rocker
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Straight Red!!

LittleOzzy
Wow a red? that was pretty weak.

Chevy
Holy Toledo. Red!

Gazza
04-27-2011, 07:27 PM
mls ref?

swan
04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
bad call ref

flambe
04-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Terrible call by the ref, but we've had our fair share go against us too!

Watch for him to even it up in the middle of the 2nd.

Kaz
04-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Santos is useless tonight

v00d00daddy
Seriously guys...stop listening to Forrest.

Saiko made a brutal decision. That's not how you win balls. Two footed tackles, studs up can easily be considered a straight red.

Did it have to be called? No

Was it a bad call? No

dantdot
Oh, Santos. :(

Mikey
TFC need to take off the clown shoes

flambe
04-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Yet to see why Santos is our captain.

Vince Whirlwind
04-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Santos is doing his best Cunningham impersonation

LittleOzzy
04-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Edmonton looks better with 10.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Wow, they are down a man and are all over us!

rocker
04-27-2011, 07:38 PM
hahah.. Santos!!!

the critics are silenced for now! ;)

Kaz
nice goal, but he's still useless

Gazza
that's why he's captain;)

TFCREDNWHITE
Goal maicon from plata

dantdot
Great pass by Plata

Vince Whirlwind
04-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Hopefully that wakes him up again. Good goal boys...

LittleOzzy
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Mon-Van still at 0-0

Gazza
04-27-2011, 07:42 PM
we're lucky he sucks

Dub Narcotic
04-27-2011, 07:42 PM
You know, they are building the Ty Harden 'GOAT' statue in the Marco Reda Hall of Toronto FC Central Defender Infamy. I would honestly just give him a plane ticket home after this game.

Pachuco
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Harden getting beat 1 on 1. What a shocker. Can't believe this dude still gets playing time.

Cordon is playing damn good and looks like a natuarl #10. We may have a gem in a couple of year's time.

Eckersley looking solid as well. Hope to see him play more now.

rocker
04-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Plata has had a very good game. Works hard. Smart.

Pachuco
04-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah Plata looks promising as well.

Dub Narcotic
04-27-2011, 07:47 PM
One more goal, then get Gordon off. He is too valuable. I can't believe how few strikers TFC has, and none on this trip besides Gordon and Santos.

bigtfcfan
04-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I think gordon should play the #10 position instead of Maicon. What do you guys think?

ryan
04-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Santos off the crossbar!

Just turned it on, from the comments I can figure that FCE is down a man, Santos scored from Plata and...anything else?

TFCREDNWHITE
Maicon hit the post...

ryan
I think gordon should play the #10 position instead of Maicon. What do you guys think?

Disagree. Gordon being the target man forces double coverage deep which opens some space underneath him.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Eckersley looks really good! He def is quality and knows how to play the RB position!

markus
04-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Little Plata and Eckersley were two bright spots for TFC in the first half...

Vince Whirlwind
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Ekersley looking really solid. Easily our best back.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Excellent runs by Eckersley also

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I can't wait to see eckersley link with JDG and martina!

ExiledRed
I feel bad for Edmonton, that red wasnt at all fair.

I also think the lads feel bad, cause theyre playing like they want to give them a chance or something.

Dub Narcotic
Just as a general note, Tchani to me summarizes this TFC team, he does some good stuff, looks the part, but the results are just not quite there. TFC have a lot of players like that, 80% of the way to putting something together. Harden and Borman are awful, though.

craigtfc
Santos off the crossbar!

Just turned it on, from the comments I can figure that FCE is down a man, Santos scored from Plata and...anything else?
Ya Gordon got a yellow for doing a bicycle kick.

Dub Narcotic
04-27-2011, 07:53 PM
That was a clear straight red, two footed slide tackle. BTW, for a guy who was released last year, I'm impressed by Gordon. Nice holdup player that TFC haven't seen since Dichio.

markus
04-27-2011, 07:54 PM

Gordon's distribution of the ball is much better than Santos...

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 07:54 PM
I feel bad for Edmonton, that red wasnt at all fair.

I also think the lads feel bad, cause theyre playing like they want to give them a chance or something.

How many times has unfair shit happened to us!?

This is war! TFC should take no prisoners!

Gazza
04-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Gordon's playing like he has something to prove. Loving Eck, Cordon. Once again we're beat one on one up the middle.

Davenport
04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Just as a general note, Tchani to me summarizes this TFC team, he does some good stuff, looks the part, but the results are just not quite there. TFC have a lot of players like that, 80% of the way to putting something together. Harden and Borman are awful, though.
Harden as usual is the worst player on the pitch.
Boorman and Williams not far behind him.
Plata will never be good enough. He's just TOO small.
Eckersley is solid. Shows what level MLS is when a Div 2 player can come in and shine.
Gargan should never kick the ball again for TFC.
This game isn't over, Edmonton are getting chances.

Davenport
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Gordon's distribution of the ball is much better than Santos...
Yep.

craigtfc
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Small like messi?

Section 117
04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
It was a stupid tackle period did it warrant a red?? To the ref it did and that is all that matters. Any time a player lunges in with both feet cleats it is pretty much a straight red. Look at Pepe today in CL his tackle wasn't half as bad as this one but he went cleats up and he got a red

rocker
04-27-2011, 08:01 PM

Wow, you based that opinion on what? Have you actually been watching Plata tonight? He's playing well. Took two defenders there near the end just to get the ball off him. Assisted on the goal with a beautiful pass.

I haven't seen anything tonight to indicate his size is a problem.

Davenport
04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Small like messi?
Seriously.......
I wasn't sure if that was a pass or a shot that went to Santos.
The ball looks to big for him

Vince Whirlwind
04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Eckersley is solid. Shows what level MLS is when a Div 2 player can come in and shine.

Eckersley seems to be a step ahead of every one out there. Agree that some our guys are plugs, but MLS as a whole ain't as bad as some would make you believe (RSL - for example).

Davenport
04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Wow, you based that opinion on what? Have you actually been watching Plata tonight? He's playing well. Took two defenders there near the end just to get the ball off him. Assisted on the goal with a beautiful pass.

I haven't seen anything tonight to indicate his size is a problem.

Seen the whole game.
Eck is going mad at Plata to pass to him, but he's choosing another option and he usually gives it away.
He's not good or big enough. You'll see.

craigtfc
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Seriously.......
I wasn't sure if that was a pass or a shot that went to Santos.
The ball looks to big for him

Hahaha true true I was just saying too my buddy that lucky he doesn't have a powerful shot or Santos would never of scored

Davenport
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Eckersley seems to be a step ahead of every one out there. Agree that some our guys are plugs, but MLS as a whole ain't as bad as some would make you believe (RSL - for example).
Agreed, RSL are a good team.

Section 117
04-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Completely agree Vince

Gazza
Gargan released.

Vince Whirlwind
Oh man...Gargan out for Eckersley???

Vince Whirlwind
in, I mean...

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Gargan for Eckersley!? Why!!

Ecks was the best player!

Chevy
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Some other "too small" dude lit up Real Madrid earlier today. Just sayin'

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2011, 08:07 PM
WTF!

Dreadlocks
Although Santos scored and hit the bar, he has not look that good tonight............

2-0

markus

Probably saving him for Seattle...

rocker

probably because they have a game on saturday.

I'd rather have him on vs Seattle now.