PDA

View Full Version : Reserve game?

mowe
04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Anyone stick around for the reserve game? Who played, what was the result?

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-23-2011, 08:06 PM
I was wondering the same. I looked on the team's twitter, Asif says they'll be some info. on the site later.

jazzy
04-23-2011, 08:14 PM
yes but besides no time clock, no info, it was still a competitive game left after half time 1-1,...columbus red carded for smashes to the face, to two of our squad,....Matt Stinson was solid, great weather,...for some reason Cordone wasn't in the line up....

Chubbs
04-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Left halfway through the second half, Columbus was down to 10 men, but winning 2-1. Oomphoy looked solid out there though

flamehawk
04-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I stayed till the end. Game ended Columbus 2 - 1 TFC. Rather unfortunate, given we were a man up, but then again our guys looked much younger and smaller compared to their's.

Omphroy looked great though. Played RB in the first half and moved to RW for the second. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see him for Edmonton. Henry received a pretty hard tackle near the end and had to come off for a bit, hopefully he's alright.

Great support for a reserve game. There was even a Dichio chant in the 24th

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-23-2011, 08:34 PM
^ Thanks for the info. Any guest players? In the old days, the reserve team was heavy on CSL callups.

flamehawk
04-23-2011, 08:41 PM
^ Thanks for the info. Any guest players? In the old days, the reserve team was heavy on CSL callups.

There were a whole lot of players I didn't recognize but most seemed like academy players. I don't think there were any guest players.

The ones I recognized were Kocic, Omphroy, Henry, Stinson, Makabuya, Ashtone

We actually didn't really even have enough players. We had 12 in total, including the keeper. We could only make 1 substitution, whcih was the other issue, Columbus scored as we tired and couldn't bring on new legs.

We had a striker, numbered 34, who had some clever turns, though he was generally out-muscled off the ball.

Sat near a sports writer who was at the press conference, apparently we might see some of these guys at the Wednesday game

markus
04-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Gold and Stinson played decent in midfield...

flamehawk
04-23-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/04/reds-drop-reserve-opener

Toronto FC – Milos Kocic; Ashtone Morgan, Jordan Murrell, Doneil Henry, Demitrius Omphroy; Matt Gold, Matt Stinson, Nathan Sturgis, Keith Makubuya (Kaheem Christopher 60’), Stefan Vukovic, Tristan Jackman.

Substitutes not used – Angelo Cavaluzzo

Mark TFC
04-23-2011, 09:52 PM
I thought the reserves side played great. They played a lot of nice passes and showed nice movement off the ball. Omphroy was the star of the show - great speed, excellent footwork, and some nice passes into the box. We even came close to a draw close to the 90th after the ball was being fumbled around near the goalkeeper. Great effort by our boys!

Red CB Toronto
04-23-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/04/reds-drop-reserve-opener

Toronto FC – Milos Kocic; Ashtone Morgan, Jordan Murrell, Doneil Henry, Demitrius Omphroy; Matt Gold, Matt Stinson, Nathan Sturgis, Keith Makubuya (Kaheem Christopher 60’), Stefan Vukovic, Tristan Jackman.

Substitutes not used – Angelo Cavaluzzo

Stayed until about the 80th minute, Angelo Cavaluzzo is the GK for the Academy team.

Whoop
04-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Who is Vukovic?

EDIT: Used to play for the Serbian White Eagles now in the Academy. From Stoney Creek.

Rocket Robin
04-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Lineups: Toronto FC

This is the way I had the lineup.

....................30 Milos Kocic
2 Demitrius Omphroy...4 Doneil Henry...35 Jordan Murrell...5 Ashtone Morgan
.........26 Matt Gold...15 Matt Stinson...36 Kaheem Christopher
.........13 Keith Makubuya...11 Nathan Sturgis...34 Stefan Vukovic

37 Tristan Jackman replaced 13 Keith Mukubuya at 60 minutes.

The high number guys were hard to sort out. I asked Paul Mariner, Aron Winter, Jason Bent and finally player Doneil Henry on their way out of the stadium. The high number guys are from the 2011 TFC Senior Academy team.

About 200 fans were there at the start of the game and about 75 at the end. The strong gusty wind from the north in the second half acted as the twelfth man for TFC at the end there.

Rocket Robin
04-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Lineups: Toronto FC

This is the way I had the lineup.

....................30 Milos Kocic
2 Demitrius Omphroy...4 Doneil Henry...35 Jordan Murrell...5 Ashtone Morgan
.........26 Matt Gold...15 Matt Stinson...36 Kaheem Christopher
.........13 Keith Makubuya...11 Nathan Sturgis...34 Stefan Vukovic

37 Tristan Jackman replaced 13 Keith Mukubuya at 60 minutes.

The high number guys were hard to sort out. I asked Paul Mariner, Aron Winter, Jason Bent and finally player Doneil Henry on their way out of the stadium. The high number guys are from the 2011 TFC Senior Academy team.

About 200 fans were there at the start of the game and about 75 at the end. The strong gusty wind from the north in the second half acted as the twelfth man for TFC at the end there.

Edit: Oops Jackman was #36 and Christopher was #37.

Walms
04-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the Info guys

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-24-2011, 10:33 PM
It's interesting to see TFC pinching a SWE player for their academy. I'm always interested in seeing how CSL players fair. It's been a much debated point. Some people laughing at the idea, others suggesting that there are definitely CSLers who could play in the MLS.

Suds
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
I stayed for the first half.

I'd say I was impressed how TFC tried to play a passing game. You can see they're working hard to develop the style they are working on in practice.

Good work rate. Very good communication going on with the players on the field.

Serb_Star
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Vukovic is 17 I think, I remember he was the youngest player to ever debut for Hamilton Serbians at the age of 14 or 15.

Talented kid.

Rocket Robin
04-26-2011, 10:13 PM
http://22066.vws.magma.ca/reports11/11tfc218.htm

Here's some pictures and details from the Reserves game.
The official report missed the 80 minute Crew sub of Khai Celestin for Andy Adlard.