PDA

View Full Version : Dear TFC, sign Mike Klukowski

Yohan
04-22-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1561-Long-Balls-Mike-Klukowski-needs-a-new-home

released by his Turkish club and now a free agent. 28. good playing resume. probably will be one of best LBs in MLS if signed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Klukowski

prizby
04-22-2011, 08:25 PM
do we have cap room/what would he demand $$$ wise...if it works out, it could be a good idea

flamehawk
04-22-2011, 08:33 PM
yes please

wzhxvy
04-22-2011, 08:49 PM
he has impressed me...i think he would be a good signing

romburgundy
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Dear TFC can we please pay more money for players the will be gone to the gold cup for most of the season?

Yohan
04-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Dear TFC can we please pay more money for players the will be gone to the gold cup for most of the season?
that's a silly reason to not to sign good players. you'd turn down good CMNT players just because they'd be gone for 4 weeks in the summer?

denime
04-22-2011, 09:13 PM
NO,please stop signing the players we would like to see in TO,Gerba bust,MeRo bust, DeGuzman bust,etc.

Sign the player who will fit your system and pay some decent money too,it wont hurt.

ManUtd4ever
04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Klukowski is a good player, but I think an attacking midfielder is the most urgent need on the club at the moment, and that would likely be the best use of available cap space.

poppamidnight
04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Enuff Defenders????

Come on peeps.... we need goals/Attacking right now...

Nana, Cann are mainstays, and we've got a mix of Dicoy, Ekersley, Yourassowsky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Yourassowsky), Borman... then all our young guys who rarely see he field...

No... No more D... Goals Goals Goals Goals Goals .... if you want the seats to be completely empty - keep signing defenders

Dreadlocks
04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Didn't the transfer/signing window close?

ryan
04-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Klukowski would be the best back on our roster by far.

Scream for attacking forwards all you want but we don't have one good enough fullback on our roster, just plug n play's. It'd be nice to have a defender who doesn't look like he's about to shit himself when he needs to play with the ball. He'd benefit our attack, not going to score goals, but he'd certainly help our entire overall game.

You can't score when you can't move the ball forward, so lets walk before we run eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMq5dQL5sxM

werewolf
04-22-2011, 10:32 PM
NO,please stop signing the players we would like to see in TO,Gerba bust,MeRo bust, DeGuzman bust,etc.

That's a falsehood. Not even close to the truth.

Though I don't think we should spend so much money on a defender, and I am assuming he would cost a bit.

Couchy81
04-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Having a back 4 of Eckersly, Attakora, Cann, and Klukowski could make me feel better about the holes that continually open up in our midfield for the opposition. While the attacking system is coming together, solid D is important.

bman27
04-22-2011, 11:59 PM
I would love to see Ekersley and Williams get some playing time before rushing out to make another signing

TFCRegina
04-23-2011, 12:16 AM
I hope to god we don't sign Kluko. The national team needs him playing top flight football, preferably in France, Belgium or the Netherlands.

[NBF]
04-23-2011, 08:13 AM
If this team was smart it would sign Kevin McKenna, Mike Klukowski, and Paul Stalteri.

They're all available.:canada:

Gazza
04-23-2011, 08:54 AM
No thank you. Once Yourass gets regular playing time on the left, we'll be fine.

jiforio
04-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Klukowski would be a great addition to our suffering defense, he has got a fantastic left foot and good football sense. He will be able to link up with De Guzman nicely as they have played before. It would also be a treat to have the lad come back and play for his hometown team. . .

bigtfcfan
04-23-2011, 09:59 AM
As a CMNT fan I would prefer he NOT come here. Same goes to all other good Canadian players.

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Klu could help us it's just the same old story of

is he going to play as well for us coming home with added pressure, attention for less money than he could get in lower leagues anywhere over there.

If the answer is yes for once why the hell not? It would just be the first time, right?

ExiledRed
04-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Yoiu should make a rule against threads that beign with.

Dear TFC, Dear MLSE, Dear Aron Winter, Dear the players, Dear Paul B.... etc...

There are email addresses for all of these people. When you make posts like this on this board, sometimes.....they actually get responses from their intended recipient and then stupid things happen, like we pay a million to sign DeGuzman etc.....

Razcle
04-23-2011, 12:50 PM
^ Signing DeGuzman has not hurt our chances to go after other players. There are still 2 DP slots available that are not being used on this roster. So if you think JDG is not worth 350K/year then that is one thing, but don't paint the illusion like we broke bank on him as all we care about is what is his Cap hit.

ryan
04-23-2011, 06:25 PM
^ Signing DeGuzman has not hurt our chances to go after other players. There are still 2 DP slots available that are not being used on this roster. So if you think JDG is not worth 350K/year then that is one thing, but don't paint the illusion like we broke bank on him as all we care about is what is his Cap hit.

Well put. He's been great so far this year, at 350K vs the cap I'm damn glad he's in TFC red.

There's little reason for a fan to care the total paid salary to JDG.

T.Reis
04-24-2011, 12:16 AM
No thanks!

Reminds me to much of Brennan, smart player but lacks the athleticism needed in this league.

devioustrevor
04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Man, I need to pay more attention. I didn't even realize Klukowski had been in Turkey. I though he was still playing in Belgium.

I knew about Josh Simpson being in Turkey, but that was all. Turkey has a good league though. I wouldn't mind seeing more Canadians there.

ensco
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM

That's less than half the story. The biggest part of the cost is the opportunity cost.

What else could TFC have done with $1.4 million - the part above the cap hit?

Maybe we could have had Hassli, plus another DP, instead of JDG.

Or maybe we could have had a real bust like a Denilson.

Everybody has two budgets. The cap and the actual dollars. This is how we spent our actual dollar budget.

KezmanCCCC
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing klukowski at TFC... he is a good player and could play at L/R back and/or on the wings.... and i dont think he would comand a huge salary like De guzman

John Stamos
04-28-2011, 08:28 AM
As good as he is, we already have a good LB in Yourassowsky, and a RB in Eckersley (I know hes only here on loan for a season) plus on the wings we have Plata, and Martina who both show to be promising. I believe as good as he is, its not really a player to throw money out

cyris2k
04-28-2011, 09:50 AM
I am the only one concerned about the number of players we have on loan here? It's all good and fine to have these players contributing now but once they play one season on a rehab stint or confidence booster these player will head back to their respective clubs with loads of confidence and we will be right back to the drawing board. If this is part of the club rebuilding process then we may as well do it on the cheap and a another high priced Europe outcast isn't the answer. Sorry Klukowski! I'll pass.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-28-2011, 10:07 AM
generally the mls doesnt take players on loan without the option to buy, i cant think of any situations in which a loan didnt have the option to buy, i highly doubt its any different with our current situation

Yohan
04-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Klukowski isn't an European reject. He was released by his club due to conflict with wages

cyris2k
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Agreed. Loans with an option to buy is the norm for MLS and hopefully the figures make sense but in the end it will be the players home club decision decision not the player. Hopefully these player will show well and want to stay. Time will tell.

Ageroo
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Yes please......

cMq5dQL5sxM

jimiv
04-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Klukowski isn't an European reject. He was released by his club due to conflict with wages

Hmmmm... that would never happen here.

brad
04-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Agreed. Loans with an option to buy is the norm for MLS and hopefully the figures make sense but in the end it will be the players home club decision decision not the player. Hopefully these player will show well and want to stay. Time will tell.

It will be the players decision as well. If the club wants to sell the player to us, the player has to want to come. A lot of that will depend on whether or not we start playing quality football I think. I can't see Steva wanting to stick around given the way things are right now. He's here to get his career back on track. Playing with a bunch of guys that don't know how to move off the ball is not going to make him look good to his owners in Italy.

The catch 22 with the loan players is if they play really well, the club will probably want them back. If they don't, they'll probably be willing to sell, but that means they have been sub-par. Do we want them in that case?

Also, from what I've read about RSL, it seems as though they had to make Saborio a DP because they paid a transfer fee for him. I have no idea how the MLS works in this regards, but does that mean we would have to make Eckersly or Steva a DP if we signed them?

brad
04-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Depends on how much he wants for a salary. He's a good player, but I don't think sinking a big chunk of the cap into a fullback is worth it in this league.

Ageroo
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Depends on how much he wants for a salary. He's a good player, but I don't think sinking a big chunk of the cap into a fullback is worth it in this league.

BUT......our formation is wing and wingback critical. So it really is how important the position is to your tactics.

Carts
04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
I know EVERYONE will HATE me for this but...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear TFC aka Winter and Co.

Sign who YOU WANT and who YOU LIKE...

Last time we begged for a player, he's currently a bust...

Other time we begged for a player, we ran him out of town...

Do what's best for the TEAM, not the supporters...

In the end, we want to WIN. Build to that and we will be happy...

Carts...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry all - just the way I feel right now...

(That being said, I like Mike Klukowski and would love to have him here)

brad
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
BUT......our formation is wing and wingback critical. So it really is how important the position is to your tactics.

I know, and so is a DM, and so are the other two CM's, and so are the two wide players, and so is the center forward.

I just don't think fullback is an area we need to sink a lot of money into to get serviceable players. That would be better suited on depth or improving the first team.

rocker
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
don't forget that a few of the best players in MLS arrived first on loans and ended up sticking around. Montero and Fereira are two good examples.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-28-2011, 12:39 PM
don't forget that a few of the best players in MLS arrived first on loans and ended up sticking around. Montero and Fereira are two good examples.

yeah generally its a 'rent to buy' or a 'lease' sorta situation.
dont think that if these guys were going to go back to their teams theyd be here int he first place.

Eckersley just wants to play and wasnt getting any time back home, Stevanovic is a bit of the same. Id imagine that they will play a huge part in the team, are paid relatively well, live in a great city with alot of fans etc etc they arent likely to leave. Id be pretty surprised if they did well and then left.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-28-2011, 12:39 PM
also this HAHAHA

I know EVERYONE will HATE me for this but...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear TFC aka Winter and Co.

Sign who YOU WANT and who YOU LIKE...

Last time we begged for a player, he's currently a bust...

Other time we begged for a player, we ran him out of town...

Do what's best for the TEAM, not the supporters...

In the end, we want to WIN. Build to that and we will be happy...

Carts...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry all - just the way I feel right now...

(That being said, I like Mike Klukowski and would love to have him here)

Rudi
04-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm... that would never happen here.
The difference being that Klukowski asked to get out of his contract due to non-payment of wages.

brad
04-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Any idea what a guy like Klukowski would want in wages? Would he be a league max sort of player?

Razor
04-28-2011, 02:01 PM
also this HAHAHA

you caught that too? :)

crozack
04-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Any idea what a guy like Klukowski would want in wages? Would he be a league max sort of player?

When MoJo was recuriting DeGu a attempt was made to sign Klukowski when he was in the final year of his contract with Brugge.
Apparently he was offered something under the league max

He turned it down because with Brugge he was making in the neighbourhood of 400e/yr and was still looking to stay in Europe