PDA

View Full Version : Pachuca practice

yellowfellow
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
For those who are in the area, Pachuca is practicing at Lamport stadium right now (2:11PM Thursday).

These guys are skilled!! They look very young and physically small tho. They brought a couple of vets (I recognize their goalie from before).
They were practicing with a 4-3-3 formation.

Too bad I have a wedding to attend. It would be fun to watch these guys play. And if TFC doesn't get out of its slump, they are going to be in big trouble.

BC101
07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Iam curious to see how they play I wish I was close enough to head down... Scoping the potential Champs league competition is a good thing.

pekduck
07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
they play like Spain, 2 touch passes most of the time, 1-2 give and go, lots of penetration, very good vision, switches sides, fast breaking speed, and very good possession, normally only concede the ball when taking a shot or centering pass and cleared by defenders...

it'll be a very interesting game...

Corpand
07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
But they are all overshadowed by Lombardo's awe-inspiring skill. TAKE THAT PACHUCA!

ag futbol
07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
But they are all overshadowed by Lombardo's awe-inspiring skill. TAKE THAT PACHUCA!

Andre Lombardo is money in games that mean nothing!

I'm really really hoping that we play the young guys. Rest the regulars and reload for the second half. We get to see some good football either way.

FluSH
07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
For those who are in the area, Pachuca is practicing at Lamport stadium right now (2:11PM Thursday).

These guys are skilled!! They look very young and physically small tho. They brought a couple of vets (I recognize their goalie from before).
They were practicing with a 4-3-3 formation.

Too bad I have a wedding to attend. It would be fun to watch these guys play. And if TFC doesn't get out of its slump, they are going to be in big trouble.

This could have been the perfect time for a WHO ARE YA! welcoming

Jack
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Pachuca are a pretty legendary team in Mexico. They may not have the same number of titles etc. as some but they're one of the oldest teams with a lot of history.

They also have some pretty good players in their lineup (if they play). Bruno Marioni can be a deadly striker when on his game.

LucaGol
07-03-2008, 07:09 PM
This will be the best team we have ever played.

No, Im not overexaggerating. They're better than Benfica and certainly better than Aston Villa.

Even though they lost some key players, Chitiva and Cacho...they're still pretty potent.

oxygenatedbrain
07-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Perhaps not "overexaggerating", but then who's to say how much exaggeration is excessive?

noochie
07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Young guns Montes and Torres are gonna be fun to watch to if they are in the lineup. In the few game I have seen them play in they are pretty exciting MF's.

reggie
07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
i guess we will have concacaf refs OMG....canadian or others,they are all bad...

yellowfellow
07-03-2008, 09:49 PM
pekduck and i were actually inside Lamport stadium to watch their practice. I told their coach "Welcome to Canada." He didnt seem to understand me so I simply said again "Welcome." The fans will rough them up during the game, but outside BMO, we will be nice to them.

Their team looked very young. I am not surprised if they brought half of their development team over.

egoodwin
07-03-2008, 11:36 PM
actually Pachuca didn't qualify for CL

Though, it would be a good preparation, should we pull together and beat out Montreal to get into CL

Canadian Blue
07-04-2008, 06:36 AM
pretty safe to say that TFC will get killed in both of the friendlies. Partly becasue the teams we are playing against are better and partly because JC will have no choice but to rest some players due to upcoming league games and the silly CCL.

Hey JC.......maybe we need a John Carver chant as a spoof of the Jesus Christ Superstar song.

rocker
07-04-2008, 09:58 AM
is pachuca the team with that tall keeper who always wears the bandana?

yellowfellow
07-04-2008, 10:31 AM
yes, I think he is blad. he is quite big physically. he reminds me of ex-raptors Charlie V.

They didnt qualify for CCL? Wow, they beat Beckham & LA in Superliga finals.

Rawkus_420
07-04-2008, 12:45 PM
yep we're dead....pachuca being better than aston villa...not sure about that...Im not a villains fan but I have a tough time believeing any mexican team would beat EPL teams....cept derby

Jack
07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
yep we're dead....pachuca being better than aston villa...not sure about that...Im not a villains fan but I have a tough time believeing any mexican team would beat EPL teams....cept derby
You would be surprised at the quality of the Mexican league. There is a ton of money in that league and lot of their best players stick around rather than going overseas. They also attract a lot of good players from South America.

djking2
07-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Derby isn't an EPL team:)

I think you mean Hull

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:09 PM
According to the newest article, they are starting their best side also: http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080704&content_id=170328&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Impresive that they brought 24 players along, I think that only leaves 6 regulars out of the group.

woolly
07-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Meza is a former coach of the Mexican National Team and is impressed with the facilities at BMO Field. "We have a couple of turf fields at our training facility in Pachuca, but we don't use them that often because we don't have much turf in Mexico. The field here looks in perfect condition."

I wonder if he was obliged to say this or whether it's the honest opinion of someone that actually has plyed on the field at BMO?

invictusTFC
07-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I see a lot of the younger players on the roster getting a good run out their against Pachuca. Toronto put themselves in a must win situation against Vancouver on Wednesday, and can't afford any injuries to key players.