PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Apr.18

denime
04-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Mornin'

No Excuses From Toronto FC (http://www.torontofc.ca/content/toronto-makes-no-excuses)

Wrong personnel for TFC system (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2011/04/17/18024726.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

keem-o-sabi
04-18-2011, 06:30 AM
coed girls 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/2011/04/15/audrina-patridges-bangin-bikini-body-65-photos/) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/2011/04/15/miss-coed-megan-daniels-31-pics/)

Fort York Redcoat
04-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Canada tickets available today! More info to come!

mastermixer
04-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Can't say I disagree with anything in that Sun article.

And if the strategy is to teach this system from the acedemies up to the first team then I think we will be waiting longer than a couple of years to see any successful develpment with this team.

scooter
04-18-2011, 07:34 AM
mornin d

CoachGT
04-18-2011, 07:37 AM
As always, thanks D!

I disagree with several points in the Sun article. 4-3-3 isn't necessarily the problem. Peterson had played parts of the last couple of games at the back, and it made sense to me to start him there Saturday. He's pretty good at distributing and gives the overlap and options that haven't been at the right back position so far this year. However, his (lack of) speed was horribly exposed on the first goal. Second goal was a mistake that was inexcusable, and the third goal came as a result of high pressure on Borman after a header pass from Attakora.

Seems that opponents have figured out that high pressure to the ball carrier (or intended recipient) rushes plays and, with a young squad, causes mistakes. Hell, they'd happen with an older squad, too, perhaps just not as often.

I haven't been disappointed with the play to date, other than some horrendous plays that cost the game on Saturday. Chalk it up to a bad day at the office and time to move on.

Dreadlocks
04-18-2011, 08:27 AM
As always, thanks D!

I disagree with several points in the Sun article. 4-3-3 isn't necessarily the problem. Peterson had played parts of the last couple of games at the back, and it made sense to me to start him there Saturday. He's pretty good at distributing and gives the overlap and options that haven't been at the right back position so far this year. However, his (lack of) speed was horribly exposed on the first goal. Second goal was a mistake that was inexcusable, and the third goal came as a result of high pressure on Borman after a header pass from Attakora.

Seems that opponents have figured out that high pressure to the ball carrier (or intended recipient) rushes plays and, with a young squad, causes mistakes. Hell, they'd happen with an older squad, too, perhaps just not as often.

I haven't been disappointed with the play to date, other than some horrendous plays that cost the game on Saturday. Chalk it up to a bad day at the office and time to move on.

+1

I have to believe the team is not as bad as that display on Saturday. This is their one mulligan for the year imo.

jabbronies
04-18-2011, 08:33 AM
+1

I have to believe the team is not as bad as that display on Saturday. This is their one mulligan for the year imo.

second mulligan.in five games..Vancouver was their first

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 08:37 AM
second mulligan.in five games..Vancouver was their first

Third mulligan, they failed to beat Chivas USA at home.

MartinUtd
04-18-2011, 09:11 AM
4th mulligan. Winter hasn't brought in any Dutch national team players.

CoachGT
04-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Vancouver I think was a learning experience, both for Winter and the players, and given the first game in Vancouver, I can get that one. They gave away a couple of goals; so be it.

I don't consider getting a single point from the Chivas game to be a mulligan. I thought that, for the most part, they played quite well. As they did in the LA game. And San Jose. Generally, I've liked what I've seen.

Saturday was the exception. Only a couple of players looked like they were into it on Saturday and the result showed it.

[NBF]
04-18-2011, 09:45 AM
(Sun Article)Wrong Personnel For TFC System: Typical "dude" who used wikipedia to write his article.

I agree 98% with Coach GT on his interpretation of what went wrong on Saturday. The 4-3-3 is the right system for this team, but the lack of speed on defense is alarming considering we don't play tight at the back.

There's definitely a need to play counter attacking football when the matchup calls for it. I definitely would not mind if we played with 3 defensive midfielders tracking back to help the defense.

4-3-1-2: (4 defense, 3 defensive midfielders, 1 midfield bridging w/ the attack, and 2 fast strikers)

-------------------------Frei----------------------------
Gargan----------Cann-----------Attakora---Yourassowsky
---------DeGuzman---Stavanovic---TChani---------------
-----------------------Peterson-------------------------
---------Martina--------------------Santos--------------

*Ty Harden, in the lineup I would put DeGuzman over him to close down defenders in order to help Harden. It kinda seems counter active though to put your DP player to cover for your pylon.

4-3-3: (Our best lineup)

-------------------------Frei----------------------------
Gargan----------Cann-----------Attakora---Yourassowsky
---------DeGuzman----------------TChani----------------
----------------------Stavanovic------------------------
Martina-------------------------------------------Santos
------------------------Gordon--------------------------

* I would like to know how good Decoy Williams would be in the lineup.
**Eckersley, IMO he was a reach but if you want an attacking right back it would work. Although, if Decoy works at CB I dont know how you do not move Attakora to right back or phase out Cann:(

The "FC" lineup looks like a work in progress(hahaha).

Eventually, we will see Cann and Harden phased out of the lineup by years end.

SSG: "Hockey mom".

CoachGT
04-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I think Borman will be fine at the back (bad game Saturday, but damn I like his speed and he's worked well with Stefanovic) and Yourassowsky is good depth. I expect that our new guy will take Gargan out of the lineup. I think Attakora's weaknesses in distribution have been exposed by Winter's lineup and expect him to have a supporting (bench) role going forward, although he played better on Saturday (except for the play on the third goal). I think Williams is just added depth. I think Harden is okay in the middle - not great but generally steady.

[NBF]
04-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Coach GT:

I think Borman will be fine at the back (bad game Saturday, but damn I like his speed and he's worked well with Stefanovic) and Yourassowsky is good depth. I expect that our new guy will take Gargan out of the lineup. I think Attakora's weaknesses in distribution have been exposed by Winter's lineup and expect him to have a supporting (bench) role going forward, although he played better on Saturday (except for the play on the third goal). I think Williams is just added depth. I think Harden is okay in the middle - not great but generally steady.

Steady....steady.....steady......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_87NnYBM8OQQ/R-5c3gu0XUI/AAAAAAAAB58/MTErTEpSF8o/s400/ParkBlightCone.jpg

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 12:28 PM
;1279569']Steady....steady.....steady......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_87NnYBM8OQQ/R-5c3gu0XUI/AAAAAAAAB58/MTErTEpSF8o/s400/ParkBlightCone.jpg

Tennis courts do rarely move much. Explains a lot of his immobility. ;)

CoachGT
04-18-2011, 12:32 PM
;1279569']Steady....steady.....steady......

I admit, he's no Garcia......:rolleyes:

TFC Cityboy
04-18-2011, 01:14 PM
ah the Sun...always good for accuracy..
"In what appears to be a great off-season acquisition and comeback story for D.C. United fans, Davies leads all of MLS with five goals through five games played.Just 18 months after a fatal car accident almost took his life in Virginia "

:)

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 01:25 PM
"In what appears to be a great off-season acquisition and comeback story for D.C. United fans, Davies leads all of MLS with five goals through five games played.Just 18 months after a fatal car accident almost took his life in Virginia "

You realize Virginia is right beside Washington DC right? Like literally, there's a bridge across the Potomac and bam you're there. In fact according to the source i quickly checked...it happened in Arlington, Virginia, right where...you guessed it...the bridge crosses. Congratulations on making something out of nothing.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-18-2011, 01:52 PM
You realize Virginia is right beside Washington DC right? Like literally, there's a bridge across the Potomac and bam you're there. In fact according to the source i quickly checked...it happened in Arlington, Virginia, right where...you guessed it...the bridge crosses. Congratulations on making something out of nothing.

I think the OP misunderstood the nature of Davies' car accident, and thought it was a mistake to say that it was a "fatal" car accident in which Davies "almost" lost his life.

The missing piece, Cityboy, is that someone else died in the car accident (thus rendering the car accident "fatal").

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I think the OP misunderstood the nature of Davies' car accident, and thought it was a mistake to say that it was a "fatal" car accident in which Davies "almost" lost his life.

The missing piece, Cityboy, is that someone else died in the car accident (thus rendering the car accident "fatal").

I thought it was a well known fact that Davies got someone killed by being a selfish douche, but maybe not.

Suds
04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
^^
I'm glad I'm on Lars' good side. :D

Pigfynn
04-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I thought it was a well known fact that Davies got someone killed by being a selfish douche, but maybe not.

He wasn't driving that day. He got in the car with a drunk driver

Auzzy
04-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Not sure what the fact that Charlie Davies is admittedly a douche, has to do with someone being killed in that car accident? Davies & the person who died were both passengers. Is there something else about the crash that I'm forgetting? I know that Davies violated team curfew that evening, but was there anything else?

McBrace
04-18-2011, 02:26 PM

Way to make something out of nothing..

Wull
04-18-2011, 02:43 PM

you've left your liberal agenda unzipped again mate :canada:

werewolf
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
so have people forgotten about that cunt?

I don't want to let it go so easily, he disrespected us, our club and our city. I offered to write a formal letter to the league is they fail to respond, and it doesn't look like they will.

McBrace
04-18-2011, 06:48 PM
^It should be written.. Taunting is Unacceptable.

J .
04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Borman is horrible. He was 100% responsible for the giveaway that lead to the 2nd goal while Peterson shat the bed on the first two as well.

The problem with this team is that Winter is trying to play a certain style with players who cannot perform that way.

Also, this Martina love I hear a lot is crazy. One game he had a cracker of a goal. One. Him and Stevanovich, both of whom are vital to our attack, make David Copperfield look like an amateur they disappear so much.

Suds
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Talk about putting on a brave face for the media. They better be fucking worried!

Toronto FC not worried by poor turnout against D.C. (http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110418/toronto-fc-turnout-110418/20110418/?hub=TorontoNewHome)

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Talk about putting on a brave face for the media. They better be fucking worried!

Toronto FC not worried by poor turnout against D.C. (http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110418/toronto-fc-turnout-110418/20110418/?hub=TorontoNewHome)

They're not worried because they're gonna sell to Rogers. Rogers is used to things being low.

Low attendance at Jays games.
Low tv ratings on all sportsnet channels combined.
Low budget production values for Sportsnet.
Low consumer confidence in their cellphone business.

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 08:37 PM
He wasn't driving that day. He got in the car with a drunk driver

Where I'm from, that makes you as guilty as the person doing the driving...

denime
04-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Borman is horrible. He was 100% responsible for the giveaway that lead to the 2nd goal while Peterson shat the bed on the first two as well.

The problem with this team is that Winter is trying to play a certain style with players who cannot perform that way.

Also, this Martina love I hear a lot is crazy. One game he had a cracker of a goal. One. Him and Stevanovich, both of whom are vital to our attack, make David Copperfield look like an amateur they disappear so much.
Borman was horrible,Peterson playing out of position,yeah shit happens.

Martina and Stevanovic what can we expect from a wing palyer who is constantly getting long balls across the field while he is standing,WTF is he suppose to do with that ball and 2 defenders on his back.If we want to use wing properly give him a damn ball in his run and possibly in front of him.Martina and Stevanovic can't do anything as long back four keep skiping midfileders and booting the balls.

--------1--------
2---4-----5---3
-----6-----8----
-------10-------
7-------9-----11

Position 7 should not get the balls from 3 or 5,those ball are useless and most of the time intercepted.

markus
04-18-2011, 09:09 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1543-It-s-Called-Football-Guest-Travis-Clark

werewolf
04-18-2011, 10:30 PM
^It should be written.. Taunting is Unacceptable.

I wrote something. Since you are the only respondent in 24 hours, I guess not too many people feel the same way. I'll PM you the first draft.

Whoop
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Put me down for it.