PDA

View Full Version : Pre game: 23 Apr. Columbus at Toronto

Yohan
04-17-2011, 06:04 PM
It's quite simple. This is the statement match of the year. If TFC can't bring it at home vs a rival after getting spanked at home 3-0 the previous game, the lads lack balls to play football.

This is test of character match. I will not accept a lose or a draw.

ManUtd4ever
04-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Winter has to shake up the backline. Assuming Cann is injured, I'd go with this...

-----------------Frei--------------------
Eckersley-Attakora-Williams-Yourassowsky
--------DeGuzman----Tchani-------------
----------------Santos------------------
Martina---------Gordon--------Stevanovic

Detroit_TFC
04-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Getting our first win against Columbus might not completely air out the stink of yesterday's match, but it would sure help.

Whoop
04-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Just noticed that Columbus hasn't allowed a goal in their last four matches.

Could mean trouble come Saturday.

sully
04-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Really need Gordon to be fit.

swan
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM

can look at it like they are due to get scored on but i hear what you are saying..

prizby
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Winter has to shake up the backline. Assuming Cann is injured, I'd go with this...

I'd agree 100%, however I think we are going to see Borman over Yourassowsky start

denime
04-17-2011, 07:30 PM
I'd agree 100%, however I think we are going to see Borman over Yourassowsky start

I doubt it,Borman's bad pass cost us 2nd goal and he literally took the day off yesterday.

swan
04-17-2011, 07:30 PM
hopefully Stevanovic well learn the game is played on the feet and not always rolling around one the floor every 10 min.. driving me nuts

Yohan
04-17-2011, 07:58 PM

Columbus hasn't been exactly lighting up the net either. barely squeaked a 1-0 win at home last game

my head actually says 1-1 draw is more probable due to columbus having a lot of similar troubles TFC is having. (well, except they have a stud defender in Chad Marshall). my heart demands a win though

canadian_bhoy
04-17-2011, 08:03 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/6ozoee.png

prizby
04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
I doubt it,Borman's bad pass cost us 2nd goal and he literally took the day off yesterday.

this is true...im still stuck in last years mode, Winter changes it up when ppl play bad

Cashcleaner
04-17-2011, 08:21 PM
It's quite simple. This is the statement match of the year. If TFC can't bring it at home vs a rival after getting spanked at home 3-0 the previous game, the lads lack balls to play football.

Completely agree. After Apr. 23, it will be two full weeks until the next league match at BMO Field and that is plenty of time for discontent to fester in the minds of players and fans alike. A hard-fought draw would likely be acceptable to those who see the positives of the game, but a sloppy draw or loss is gonna be killer.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-17-2011, 08:58 PM
This team will be lucky to get 9wins this year....I'll be interested towards the end of the year as to see how they are shaping up for next season.....

zamperina
04-17-2011, 09:04 PM
This is a glorified expansion team...Sadly we have never beaten the Crew and I think the streak continues... I'm calling 0-0.

prizby
04-17-2011, 09:25 PM
all we are singing...is give us a goal

ensco
04-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Well, Columbus are still one of the best teams in MLS, they've lost only once in 5 games, and based on what we know, they will probably kill us.

I say we have a few pints, sing that Martina song, and try not to care too much.

Gazza
04-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Well, Columbus are still one of the best teams in MLS, they've lost only once in 5 games, and based on what we know, they will probably kill us.

I say we have a few pints, sing that Martina song, and try not to care too much.

If fans shared the same attitude, we'd enjoy the season a lot more or at least it would be bearable.

This season has been a write-off pretty much from the start and confirmed with the De Ro trade. Management has said as much.

Eat, drink, sing and be merry. It's much better than the alternative.

Jack
04-17-2011, 09:53 PM
If fans shared the same attitude, we'd enjoy the season a lot more or at least it would be bearable.

This season has been a write-off pretty much from the start and confirmed with the De Ro trade. Management has said as much.

It's either that, or cry in my beer.

Of course, you forgot the third option: rant and rave and piss and moan on the internet!

Gazza
04-17-2011, 10:07 PM

Of course, you forgot the third option: rant and rave and piss and moan on the internet!

That's the alternative version (the ranting and the pissing).

I just drink scotch and yell at the opposing players with amusing quips like "don't worry man, we'll get you next year! we'll show you!" "2012's our year Davies! and hopefully you'll be a better driver by that time too!" too soon?

billyfly
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd love to FINALLY see us beat Columbus.

cmonyoureds
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
This team will be lucky to get 9wins this year....I'll be interested towards the end of the year as to see how they are shaping up for next season.....

Haven't you heard? This is year 5 of the 5 year plan. After this year we have to rebuild again......

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Everyone, please remember that there is also a reserve game being played right after the main game at 6:45. It would be great to have some support stay for it.

gomesv
04-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Stevanovic???????? I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling he's slowly working himself up to being disliked by some fans and teammates, always on the ground and seems to give up when things not going his way. Would like to see Plata given a chance instead.

Also prefer Cordon over Santos.... just my opinion:scarf:

Auzzy
04-17-2011, 10:43 PM

And who plays in the centre of that trusty Columbus back line? Julius James! I hope he doesn't score another goal against us. Hopefully not Jeff Cunningham either. And especially not William Hesmer.

Weather Network reporting 90% chance of rain next Saturday. (Thursday, Friday, Sunday & Monday all sunny BTW.) I suppose that means, the few fans that come out, will be in fine form again!

Ah god, laughing helps.

ricciboy
04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
we need to score!

dupont
04-17-2011, 11:26 PM
From the Columbus big soccer forum:
"Rep for the first travelling fan to throw flare into red patch boys section."

God, I really hope we beat them finally. I hate those fucking assholes. They manage to be redneck and sub-human at the same time.

Auzzy
04-17-2011, 11:29 PM

I hope you remembered to disinfect your eyes with chlorine bleach after reading that forum.....

dupont
04-17-2011, 11:37 PM
I hope you remembered to disinfect your eyes with chlorine bleach after reading that forum.....

I was just curious if they had people coming to watch the game since I have tickets very close to the visiting supporters..
If they are coming, I'll just move somewhere else. I have no patience for them.

TFCRegina
04-17-2011, 11:38 PM

Our coaches change from year to year...almost as often as the faces of our players...but one thing remains constant:

Columbus is filled with redneck douchebags.

TFCRegina
04-17-2011, 11:39 PM
I was just curious if they had people coming to watch the game since I have tickets very close to the visiting supporters..
If they are coming, I'll just move somewhere else. I have no patience for them.

Travelling requires cash. I don't think anyone has had a job in Columbus since the 80s.

ManUtd4ever
04-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Stevanovic???????? I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling he's slowly working himself up to being disliked by some fans and teammates, always on the ground and seems to give up when things not going his way. Would like to see Plata given a chance instead.

Also prefer Cordon over Santos.... just my opinion:scarf:

Stevanovic was clearly injured last game, but if he is ready to go, he has to be the first option at LF based on the flashes of brilliance he has shown. Santos needs another game or two to demonstrate if he can adapt to an AM role.

I like Plata and Cordon, but I'm not sure they're ready to be starters due to their inexperience at the MLS level. That being said, they would definitely be my choices to come off the bench along with Zavarise.

ryan
04-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Everyone, please remember that there is also a reserve game being played right after the main game at 6:45. It would be great to have some support stay for it.

Do you have to buy a ticket, or can you just stay?

Also, many people are going to finally get their wish. 90 minutes of Harden free football.

mastermixer
04-18-2011, 03:37 PM
This was an odd tweet by Umbro Canada... Wonder what his status is.

@UmbroCDA (http://twitter.com/#!/UmbroCDA)
wishes Adrian Cann well

1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/#!/UmbroCDA/status/60058826585538560) via web

Red CB Toronto
04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Do you have to buy a ticket, or can you just stay?

Also, many people are going to finally get their wish. 90 minutes of Harden free football.

No you do not need a ticket, you can just stay for the reserve game.

gomesv
04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Stevanovic was clearly injured last game, but if he is ready to go, he has to be the first option at LF based on the flashes of brilliance he has shown. Santos needs another game or two to demonstrate if he can adapt to an AM role.

I like Plata and Cordon, but I'm not sure they're ready to be starters due to their inexperience at the MLS level. That being said, they would definitely be my choices to come off the bench along with Zavarise.

Injured??? or just giving up on the game... it seems he has been injured every game so far, then comes back fresh for the next game... guy is 20yrs old... me thinks he needs to change his attitude, after all he's here for a reason, obviously not lighting it up in Serie B:picard:
HOPE IM WRONG

Brooker
04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd love to FINALLY see us beat Columbus.

Apparently it's a bit much to ask.

GlenM
04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I want this team to show up period, play to win and do there best, if not call up the academy...because I'm not buying this crap. I would give my left nut to go out and play the Crew...that's how I would treat this game. I know we had a march last week, why not just do it again?

"SCREW THE CREW!"

GlenM

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
If you can get up for a Columbus game...you have no hope!

Always been the biggest games for me..home or away!

Cant f'in stand the fooooookers!

C'mon BOYS!

bman27
04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I assume we won't be seeing more of this........ unfortunately
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2550

ecospice
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM

Shitlumbus sucks.

Screw the crew.

AmherstNY_TFC
04-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Columbus doesn't really give a crap about pro sports. Ohio State University is what takes up most of the sports pages there.

I think we ought to adapt "Hail to the Victors," the University of Michigan fight song, as a wind-up:

"Hail to the victors
Hail to the conquering heroes
Hail! Hail! Michigan
The Champions of the west!"

DangerRed
04-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Columbus doesn't really give a crap about pro sports. Ohio State University is what takes up most of the sports pages there.

Then it is all the more biting, then, that a city that doesn't give a shit has a pretty good team which beats us -- who care a lot -- on a very consistent basis.

Not expecting a win here. 1-1 at best, 1-2 Columbus more likely. Supposed to rain again, so maybe that'll help.

Bars92
04-18-2011, 09:15 PM
^ Our care-factor greatly exceeds the amount of time required to build a solid football operation. Math.

markus
04-18-2011, 09:20 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1543-It-s-Called-Football-Guest-Travis-Clark

AL-MO
04-18-2011, 09:22 PM

I like the looks of this lineup!

zeelaw
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Twitter war is going off between both sets of supporters

Brooker
04-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Haven't we tied them more than we've lost to them? While I concede they have always been better than us, I've never thought of them as that much better. I smell another draw.

:facepalm:

QSIM
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
"Rep for the first travelling fan to throw flare into red patch boys section."

God, I really hope we beat them finally. I hate those fucking assholes. They manage to be redneck and sub-human at the same time.

That'll take a pretty big arm... :canada:

FreekAce
04-19-2011, 10:28 AM

really? i havent seen anything yet.

ps, fuck the crew.

scooterTFC
04-19-2011, 10:36 AM

I think the Santos as attacking mid experiment needs to end. Santos has some great moments in games but he doesnt look mentally in for 90 mins. Hes got that poachers mentality where he tends to float and hide for 10 mins at a time and then spring back into action. That doesn't work if your the primary playmaker.

TorontoGooner
04-19-2011, 11:00 AM
really? i havent seen anything yet.

ps, fuck the crew.

They're doing all this 'before tfc makes the playoffs' shit on Twitter. I guess if you're unemployed you have a lot of time on your hands.

Wonder if all 3 of them who cross the border on Saturday will be quite so vocal

Menelaos
04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
hopefully Stevanovic well learn the game is played on the feet and not always rolling around one the floor every 10 min.. driving me nuts

I've agreed with stuff on these forums before, but I can't tell you how much I agree with that.

I yelled a few choice words at him on Saturday.

Yohan
04-19-2011, 11:04 AM
I've agreed with stuff on these forums before, but I can't tell you how much I agree with that.

I yelled a few choice words at him on Saturday.
yeah. he's starting to be worse than Amado Guevara on that regard. and/or he's made out of glass

tfcleeds
04-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Oh Columbus, is full of shit
Oh Columbus is full of shit
It's full of shit, shit, and more shit
Oh Columbus is full of shit

TorontoGooner
04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh Columbus, you're f**king lazy, oh yes it's true,
Something has come over us, we don't know to do,
Our life is not worth living if we can not hate the Crew!!

ManUtd4ever
04-19-2011, 11:20 AM
I think the Santos as attacking mid experiment needs to end. Santos has some great moments in games but he doesnt look mentally in for 90 mins. Hes got that poachers mentality where he tends to float and hide for 10 mins at a time and then spring back into action. That doesn't work if your the primary playmaker.

I agree, but then Winter needs to modify the formation in order to play both Santos and Gordon in their natural positions. Santos was not impressive on the wing either. Otherwise, one of them has to sit.

jloome
04-19-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree, but then Winter needs to modify the formation in order to play both Santos and Gordon in their natural positions. Santos was not impressive on the wing either. Otherwise, one of them has to sit.

Tough call but I'd sit Santos and play Gordon. He's played really well so far this year and I think Cordon could be exciting in the hole. He's very tricky; in this league he's a walking free kick.

ManUtd4ever
04-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Tough call but I'd sit Santos and play Gordon. He's played really well so far this year and I think Cordon could be exciting in the hole. He's very tricky; in this league he's a walking free kick.

I like Cordon as well. He's probably best suited to the AM role given our current roster. Perhaps Gordon can start as the lone striker, with Santos relieving him off the bench. Although it would be awkward having the captain coming in as a substitute, but that's another issue altogether.

__wowza
04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
personally, i don't hate the crew. they aren't worth my time.
either love someone or hate someone, you're still putting in the same amount of effort.

let's all chill out and take a moment of zen
to appreciate the irony of this picture:

http://www.dispatch.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/sports/stories/2011/04/18/crew-review-4-18-gmqcbveh-1ncl-0049.jpg

P-NUTZ
04-19-2011, 12:00 PM
it's going to rain again this saturday...the soccer gods are really angry with us.
:cryin:

Auzzy
04-19-2011, 12:13 PM
^ Well, it never really rained last Saturday, and the sun even came out for a bit, despite %90 probability of precipitation forecast before the game. So, fingers crossed...

ManUtd4ever
04-19-2011, 12:15 PM
it's going to rain again this saturday...the soccer gods are really angry with us.

Hopefully, the rain will be the worst of our problems on Saturday.

Auzzy
04-19-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/04/eckersley-feeling-fit-ready

Eckersley is a possibility for Saturday; Cann has a bruised rib but may recover; Gordon not yet sure; Stevanovic also a maybe.

Fort York Redcoat
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Gordon vs Marshall + James. That will be what I want to watch Sat.

Dreadlocks
04-19-2011, 02:05 PM
personally, i don't hate the crew. they aren't worth my time.
either love someone or hate someone, you're still putting in the same amount of effort.

let's all chill out and take a moment of zen
to appreciate the irony of this picture:

http://www.dispatch.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/sports/stories/2011/04/18/crew-review-4-18-gmqcbveh-1ncl-0049.jpg

Love it...

Fuck you
CUNTlumbus Crew!

:scarf:

Mark TFC
04-19-2011, 02:14 PM
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k600/marktfc/bleedred.png

TFC_Junky
04-19-2011, 02:16 PM
ha ha ha, Jimmy B's head shake at the end of this "Trillium Cup" promo is pretty darn funny! http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2995

ryan
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
ha ha ha, Jimmy B's head shake at the end of this "Trillium Cup" promo is pretty darn funny! http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2995

LOL that was fuckin great.

swan
04-19-2011, 03:09 PM
lol.. to funny

that be a cool avatar..

Walms
04-19-2011, 10:38 PM

:drinking:Cheer's to that

maninb
04-20-2011, 08:03 AM
After the way we shit the bed last weekend I don't expect much from this game....sure hope I'm wrong...prediction 1-0 loss....

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2011, 08:24 AM
no clue, but not nearly as positive going into this game as i was initially with DCU

Roogsy
04-20-2011, 09:12 AM
If this team wants to win me over again...they have to start by beating the assholes from that hole of a city...

London
04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
NEW SS RULES

In the past seasons, we talked about the need to receive from your groups any items (banners, flags, drums, bags, etc) that you wanted to bring to your sections – which are not yet under our care at the stadium - before gates open. This will now be enforced, we will receive your items at gate 3B up to 45 minutes before gates open (or the day before a game if it works best for you) and we’ll ask that you inform to us what you will be bringing to ensure we have the proper personnel to receive and bring to your sections.

· At all gates, as of this Saturday, you can expect ‘searches and pat downs’ which will be taking place every game going forward.

· No streamers, novelty ribbon or any items in general will be permitted under any circumstances (including goal celebrations) in the supporters sections. Anyone found throwing any item will be ejected.

· Supporter Group “Capos” will continue to be allowed but we’ll need to hear from you the day before a game the name of the person that will be acting as the leader on field for us to produce an accreditation, which will need to be picked up at gate 4 (with a photo ID).

· We will also reinforce the security around your sections to better ensure the safety of all patrons

Super
04-20-2011, 09:14 AM

It's only an issue because our stadium is incomplete. Some day hopefully we'll have a roof. At one point MLSE will get tired of losing tons of cash on rainy days.

Nicholas982
04-20-2011, 09:23 AM
At one point MLSE will get tired of losing tons of cash on rainy days.

That right there is the strongest argument to use against MLSE when arguing for a roof. It hits them right where it hurts.

DangerRed
04-20-2011, 09:33 AM
NEW SS RULES

In the past seasons, we talked about the need to receive from your groups any items (banners, flags, drums, bags, etc) that you wanted to bring to your sections – which are not yet under our care at the stadium - before gates open. This will now be enforced, we will receive your items at gate 3B up to 45 minutes before gates open (or the day before a game if it works best for you) and we’ll ask that you inform to us what you will be bringing to ensure we have the proper personnel to receive and bring to your sections.

· At all gates, as of this Saturday, you can expect ‘searches and pat downs’ which will be taking place every game going forward.

· No streamers, novelty ribbon or any items in general will be permitted under any circumstances (including goal celebrations) in the supporters sections. Anyone found throwing any item will be ejected.

· Supporter Group “Capos” will continue to be allowed but we’ll need to hear from you the day before a game the name of the person that will be acting as the leader on field for us to produce an accreditation, which will need to be picked up at gate 4 (with a photo ID).

· We will also reinforce the security around your sections to better ensure the safety of all patrons

Whoa. Holy shit.

ryan
04-20-2011, 09:38 AM
NEW SS RULES

What the fuck triggered this?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2011, 09:40 AM
the flare in NEE

London
04-20-2011, 09:41 AM
What the fuck triggered this?

the hovering pizza box

McBrace
04-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Was this sent to every STH via email? or just the supporters groups?

London
04-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Was this sent to every STH via email? or just the supporters groups?

i got it from the NEE board

kaos197O
04-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Wow. Now they want to kill any atmosphere that remains. Bring your voice.....nothing else! BOOOOO! They are making decisions easier for me with each passing day.

TFCRegina
04-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow. Now they want to kill any atmosphere that remains. Bring your voice.....nothing else! BOOOOO! They are making decisions easier for me with each passing day.

That's not what it says at all.

It says they need to check your stuff.

I'm not really surprised. People brought flares in. They didn't want flares, they made it known they didn't want flares. What do you expect? A kiss on the cheek? It was shortsighted, no matter how awesome looked.

TFC Cityboy
04-20-2011, 10:27 AM
another case of a few idiots impacting the rest of us.

Security seems to have been more visible this season anyway from what I've seen in 115. I have to loo karound every time I yell the C word (no, not columbus)

TFC Cityboy
04-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Any idea how many of our "friends" from Ohio are heading to this one?

kaos197O
04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
That's not what it says at all.

It says they need to check your stuff.

I'm not really surprised. People brought flares in. They didn't want flares, they made it known they didn't want flares. What do you expect? A kiss on the cheek? It was shortsighted, no matter how awesome looked.

I realize that. It's just funny. No streamers, I have to show up 2 to 3 hours early to bring a flag/banner in(I live out of town), and now pat downs. It's just getting a tad much for me is all. I was being kinda sarcastic. I guess I should have wrote" what next? Singing only?" :rolleyes:

London
04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
this is a complete joke, i will guess there will be 5000 people in the stands at kickoff

Yohan
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
out of curiosity, does anyone know what's NEE's response to this, and also last game? are they going to be present for this game?

menefreghista
04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
this is a complete joke, i will guess there will be 5000 people in the stands at kickoff

A fan that shows up 15 minutes prior to kick off should reasonably expect to be able to get to their seat in time to not miss the start of the game.

If this new policy means 45 minute waits at the gate they are going to start driving even more people away.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
:rolleyes:

i bet 20 and theyre all corporate shills!

cmon man

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
A fan that shows up 15 minutes prior to kick off should reasonably expect to be able to get to their seat in time to not miss the start of the game.

If this new policy means 45 minute waits at the gate they are going to start driving even more people away.

it does if you bring a ton of shit in, i dont expect this to be like a patdown at heathrow and ill be shocked if it is. you can thank whoever brought the flare cuz id bet good money they wouldnt be doing this otherwise

menefreghista
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
it does if you bring a ton of shit in, i dont expect this to be like a patdown at heathrow and ill be shocked if it is. you can thank whoever brought the flare cuz id bet good money they wouldnt be doing this otherwise

If they are thoroughly checking each fan entering the stadium it takes longer for everyone one to get in.

Wull
04-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Excuse me sir, is that a flare in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?! :ihih:

TorontoGooner
04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
The stadium's rarely full at Kick off anyway. Perversely, if people expect the lines to be longer they'll get here a little earlier. Maybe we won't get people turning up halfway through the first half. It really pisses me off when people are coming in and out during the game, it's like Union Station at 5 on a Friday. I've never seen it as bad than at BMO Field

mastermixer
04-20-2011, 11:35 AM
The stadium's rarely full at Kick off anyway. Perversely, if people expect the lines to be longer they'll get here a little earlier. Maybe we won't get people turning up halfway through the first half. It really pisses me off when people are coming in and out during the game, it's like Union Station at 5 on a Friday. I've never seen it as bad than at BMO Field
Well if this new procedure is true then they should send STH some kind of notice about this. Some people actually want to see the beginning of the game. :hump:

DangerRed
04-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Well if this new procedure is true then they should send STH some kind of notice about this. Some people actually want to see the beginning of the game. :hump:

That's true - I always am there for the anthem. And if you missed the first 10 minutes of Saturday's game, you'd have missed two thirds of all goals scored during the match.:D

TorontoGooner
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM
That's true - I always am there for the anthem. And if you missed the first 10 minutes of Saturday's game, you'd have missed two thirds of all goals scored during the match.:D

Haha. Maybe it is a good tactic!

ExiledRed
04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Bottlenecking at the gate is an issue.

Its happened before when the 'scanners werent working properly'

once the game starts people start to get anxious, some fans start getting pushy, people start standing on each others feet and it gets very uncomfortable for a protracted length of time. When its hot, its unbearable. I dont like it, and I wouldnt bring my kids near it.

If BMO want to enact this policy they need multiple well organised lines, well trained staff and a bit more common sense than you generally see from BMO Field employees.

I dont do crushes.

__wowza
04-20-2011, 12:56 PM
the policy was enacted by the FO because some chumps thought a 15 minute display was worth being hassled at the gate all season.

they brought something in that wasn't allowed in.
it was deployed. that's all there is to it.

security is tightening up as a result.

London
04-20-2011, 12:58 PM
the policy was enacted by the FO because some chumps thought a 15 minute display was worth being hassled at the gate all season.

look at it as everyone is getting to first base with another individual on saturday, lets hope you get a girl:hump:

__wowza
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
look at it as everyone is getting to first base with another individual on saturday, lets hope you get a girl:hump:

if i get a guy im going to fake an orgasm until they let me in.
it's getting harder and harder to hide my bottle of jack every game i go to!!

Detroit_TFC
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
What was that one game where they really slowed up entrance, was that the "dry" game or am I thinking of something else.

London
04-20-2011, 01:43 PM
ill get thru right???

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/images/stories/pyro/ultras_pyro_22.jpg

nfitz
04-20-2011, 01:44 PM
What was that one game where they really slowed up entrance, was that the "dry" game or am I thinking of something else.I didn't find the dry game harder to get into ... and I showed up by myself wearing a baby and bag with all the supplies that they come with. (and yes, I was very closely searched ...).

s2cazz
04-20-2011, 01:46 PM
I didn't find the dry game harder to get into ... and I showed up by myself wearing a baby and bag with all the supplies that they come with. (and yes, I was very closely searched ...).

Good idea. Next season I will use my baby to smuggle contraband in!

:flare: Ultra By Birth! Di Menna by Grace of God! :flare:

ExiledRed
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM

Thats fine, but I didnt sneak a flare in. Sweeping sanctions that lead to me getting squashed at the gate arent necessary.

The response needs to be organised and well handled. Imposing sanctions on the supporters is fine, unless it means we start getting treated as second class citizens with no health and safety rights and no right of complaint.

If theyre going to the trouble, they should make sure the new system of the gate is implemented efficiently and doesnt lead to a crush.

Switching one safety issue for another is retarded.

bgnewf
04-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Turn Your Head and Cough! TFC's New security Clampdown

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/turn-your-head-and-cough-tfcs-new-security-clampdown/

TFC's Front Office drops the ball with new security policies in response to flares/pyros being set off last week at BMO Field. Why I feel that the announced rule changes are offensive.

Phil
04-20-2011, 03:55 PM

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/turn-your-head-and-cough-tfcs-new-security-clampdown/

TFC's Front Office drops the ball with new security policies in response to flares/pyros being set off last week at BMO Field. Why I feel that the announced rule changes are offensive.

Great piece bgnewf. Sums it up rather nicely.

DangerRed
04-20-2011, 04:03 PM

Wait, how are you sure that this won't be enforced against people sitting in the supporters' sections only? Ie., they look at your ticket, if it's in a section that caused the trouble (or another supporter section), then you get a pat-down?

If it was to affect everyone, wouldn't they send it to every ticket holder, plus post it on their web site? Seems boneheaded not to do that.

nfitz
04-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Wait, how are you sure that this won't be enforced against people sitting in the supporters' sections only? Ie., they look at your ticket, if it's in a section that caused the trouble (or another supporter section), then you get a pat-down?The last time they figured out who had a flare in the Supporter's section, it turned out that it was someone whose ticket was for a completely different location.

If it was to affect everyone, wouldn't they send it to every ticket holder, plus post it on their web site?I don't believe they've sent it to any STH yet - just a handful at the Supporters groups.

DangerRed
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm an STH and haven't seen anything, and there's nothing on the site either.

rocker
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
usually the upcoming game report is emailed to all STHs on Thursday or Friday, so I'm guessing such notice will occur in that email. We'll see.

doesn't affect me at all, since I'm one of the few fans who shows up an hour before the game to watch the warmups.

brad
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Good idea. Next season I will use my baby to smuggle contraband in!

:flare: Ultra By Birth! Di Menna by Grace of God! :flare:

Bottles filled with whisky and formula?

Red CB Toronto
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I just happened to walk into bmo last Saturday with two cans of beer in my jacket and it was not noticed.

tiberius
04-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Excuse me sir, is that a flare in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?! :ihih:

Don't touch my junk! :flare:

Brooker
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
It might be like the dry game patdowns against Houston.... 3/4 of the crowd will have no idea this is coming and there will be a gigantic bottleneck 15 minutes before kickoff... (I didn't get in until the Dichio chant.) Atleast people don't have to watch MLSE's shit product sober this time.

s2cazz
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Bottles filled with whisky and formula?

No. Straight up scotch (18 yo Glenlivet) on the rocks. Just like daddy.

maninb
04-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks to a few retards in NEE....I hope they're happy...

Jack
04-21-2011, 07:14 AM

Nah. Someone lit a smoke bomb in 112, as well. We're all in this together, man.

Technorgasm
04-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Pyro and smoke are fucking Rad.
ONly townies hate pyro. . . whos not jumping hes no unlta smoke bitches.

so we got a lil hand slap, big fucking deal.
If we ever win a playoff game, or make it to knock out stage CONCACAF what do you think will happen?

Cant wait to fucking pummel these godless charlie uniform november tangos so hard. . .

bgnewf
04-21-2011, 08:13 AM

There are a number of things wrong with this remark.

1) There was a smoke bomb that went off in 112 before anything else kicked off on 127. And offensive remarks like "retards" add nothing to the discourse. Oh yeah, its fucking offensive to many as well.

2) Yes there are rules against smoke and flares and yes a few select supporters in both sections chose to break those rules by deploying them. No doubt.

3) Your point is apparently that one justifies the other. Yes some rules were broken but potentially patting down/frisking up to 20,000 people as a response to offenses carried out by at most five of six people strikes me as a huge overreaction.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

I wrote this on my blog yesterday and I think it speaks to what 99% of people in the supporters sections do:
I admit in my time at BMO Field I have thrown a streamer or three, I have thrown a lot of curse words at opposing players and I have thrown my arms up in the air in frustration on many the occasion. But never have I thrown a beer, a cup, a bottle, a coin, a battery, a spark plug or a pyrotechnic for that matter at the pitch, at a player or at my fellow supporters. And I never ever would. Yet this coming Saturday I will have to submit to be frisked on the assumption that I am potentially a common criminal who is likely up to no good. That offends me greatly.

boozilla
04-21-2011, 08:28 AM
New stadium rules for TFC players:
Pat down before the game to see if they have heart.

Wull
04-21-2011, 08:33 AM
There are a number of things wrong with this remark.

1) There was a smoke bomb that went off in 112 before anything else kicked off on 127. And offensive remarks like "retards" add nothing to the discourse. Oh yeah, its fucking offensive to many as well.

2) Yes there are rules against smoke and flares and yes a few select supporters in both sections chose to break those rules by deploying them. No doubt.

3) Your point is apparently that one justifies the other. Yes some rules were broken but potentially patting down/frisking up to 20,000 people as a response to offenses carried out by at most five of six people strikes me as a huge overreaction.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

I wrote this on my blog yesterday and I think it speaks to what 99% of people in the supporters sections do:
I admit in my time at BMO Field I have thrown a streamer or three, I have thrown a lot of curse words at opposing players and I have thrown my arms up in the air in frustration on many the occasion. But never have I thrown a beer, a cup, a bottle, a coin, a battery, a spark plug or a pyrotechnic for that matter at the pitch, at a player or at my fellow supporters. And I never ever would. Yet this coming Saturday I will have to submit to be frisked on the assumption that I am potentially a common criminal who is likely up to no good. That offends me greatly.

I think TFC are at the mercy of legislation as much as we are at theirs. If it were to happen two games running there could be prosecutions and/or lawsuits aimed at them for failure to provide adequate safety etc. (not that I'm one to absolve the hierarchy there of blame for things)

Sweeper
04-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Perhaps BMO field could display more pyrotechnics, no? I'm sure we can afford some decent fire works. Set them off right when the other team are taking their penalty shots/set pieces.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-21-2011, 08:54 AM
I think TFC are at the mercy of legislation as much as we are at theirs. If it were to happen two games running there could be prosecutions and/or lawsuits aimed at them for failure to provide adequate safety etc. (not that I'm one to absolve the hierarchy there of blame for things)

yep i agree with you, although i dont care about smokebombs/flares one way or the other, we have always known they are banned and should not be surprised even remotely that MLSE has reacted like this, no amount of arguing is going to change that.

nfitz
04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Nah. Someone lit a smoke bomb in 112, as well. We're all in this together, man.From what I could see, police and security stood at bottom of 112 and laughed, yet threw half of 127 out of the stadium. I'm not overly familiar of safety of each device, but they seemed far more concerned by the flare, than the smoke.

ManUtd4ever
04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
The weather forecast is looking up. It's going to be a balmy 17 degrees on game day with scattered showers clearing by the late afternoon.

It should be a great day for football... :drinking:

Mark TFC
04-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Perhaps BMO field could display more pyrotechnics, no? I'm sure we can afford some decent fire works. Set them off right when the other team are taking their penalty shots/set pieces.

Not a bad idea...

Wooster_TFC
04-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I was in 132 when the front half of 127 got tossed, and it looked to me like it was the cops making security toss everyone, not BMO security in of itself.

It would not surprise me if the only way they got away with not being fined/charge for this is by enacting these rules (again).

s2cazz
04-21-2011, 10:22 AM
I was in 132 when the front half of 127 got tossed, and it looked to me like it was the cops making security toss everyone, not BMO security in of itself.

It would not surprise me if the only way they got away with not being fined/charge for this is by enacting these rules (again).

Any Police officers inside BMO are moonlighting and on the Payroll of the stadium. It's like a cop in a club on the weekend working security.

Yes, they can arrest you
Yes, they are in Uniform
No, they aren't on duty

They are working for the stadium and getting paid extra (over and above their salary) from the stadium. Everything they do is directed by BMO security unless they feel the need to arrest someone.

P-NUTZ
04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
for about $50 an hour you can rent your own cop - it's called "pay duty". we should rent some!

Ossington Mental Youth
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
have them fight each other like gladiators

DichioTFC
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Pat downs: for suspected criminals and Toronto FC supporters.

ManUtd4ever
04-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Pat downs: for suspected criminals and Toronto FC supporters.

...and travelers in American airports that refuse to walk through TSA mandated security scanners. :D

DichioTFC
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
^ I agree, we should have TSA mandated security scanners at all BMO Field Gate entrances :D

How much do you guys want to bet that the KKKrew fans wont be subject to pat downs?

Wooster_TFC
04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
That's a good point, I forgot about the paid cops.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-21-2011, 11:23 AM
have them fight each other like gladiators

I quite like the sound of this (from a purely theoretical standpoint, of course).

Detroit_TFC
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM

What's the proper tip for a gate search with happy ending?

:smilewinkgrin:

scooter
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM

yes but thats already been done before

i suggest a new option----lets win the game and beat those yellow painters

Pigfynn
04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Prediction: Eckersley starts...Winter has the boys fired up after the disgrace from last week...Eckersley is "division one of England style" fired up and promptly goes through someone like freight train and is sent off.

I hope not...but I think something like that is likely.

DichioTFC
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
What's the proper tip for a gate search with happy ending?

:smilewinkgrin:

A blue should be fine.

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/5/5d/Canadian5_bill.jpg

Auzzy
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
The SSH pre-game email has gone out. It mentions the bit about "flags, banners, drums or other supporting paraphernalia" needing to be at Gate 3B up to 45 minutes before the gates open -- i.e., 1:45 before game begin -- and that this stuff is only allowed in the supporters' areas.

No mention of changes re. streamers, enhanced searches & feel-ups, or of needing to be at the gates earlier than usual. We shall see how it goes...

Sweeper
04-21-2011, 02:29 PM
We go a point ahead of Columbus in the standings with a win. Damn this is a big game. Hopefully somebody told the players.

markus
04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Security crackdown at TFC (http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1556-Security-crackdown-at-TFC)

Darlofletch
04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Prediction: Eckersley starts...Winter has the boys fired up after the disgrace from last week...Eckersley is "division one of England style" fired up and promptly goes through someone like freight train and is sent off.

I hope not...but I think something like that is likely.

Ha. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened, should be an interesting adjustment to MLS style and refs for him.

Detroit_TFC
04-22-2011, 09:09 AM
A blue should be fine.

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/5/5d/Canadian5_bill.jpg

Kewl. That's a cheap date.
:hump:

Technorgasm
04-22-2011, 09:15 AM
yes but thats already been done before

i suggest a new option----lets win the game and beat those yellow painters

TIme for TFC to finally win on the field.
THere is a lot surrounding thsi game, I know its easter but where are all you fucks?!!

prizby
04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
So I think Winter said Nana, Zavarise, and Stevanovic are out now in his interview...if thats so

--------------Frei---------------------
Eckersley-Henry-Williams-Yourassowsky
-----------JDG----Tchani--------------
--------------Santos------------------
Martina-------Gordon--------------Plata

could see Yourassowsky in the middle and Borman on the left

ryan
04-22-2011, 12:21 PM
no longer calling for rain tomorrow afternoon. 16 degrees with a decent wind, i'll take it.

denime
04-22-2011, 01:21 PM
So I think Winter said Nana, Zavarise, and Stevanovic are out now in his interview...if thats so

yeah,now we will see how deep our bench really is.

backbeat
04-22-2011, 04:00 PM
i think we'll see something like this:

--------------------Frei---------------------
Eckersley--Williams-Cann---Borman-----
---------------JDG----Tchani---------------
------------------Santos--------------------
Martina----------Gordon------Yourassowsky

DangerRed
04-22-2011, 04:17 PM
TFC's hilarious. The interview with Winter is headlined "Good to Go" and highlights that Gordon will be playing. No mention is made of the other very critical pieces of this team that are now injured. This is going to be a tough game.

prizby
04-22-2011, 04:34 PM

doesn't cann have a bruised/broken rib?

2mil4dero+santo
04-22-2011, 06:25 PM
doesn't cann have a bruised/broken rib?

according to the sun, Cann is now fit. harden(susp), nana and stevanovich are out.

flamehawk
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
What time do folks leave Shoeless for the game?

bgnewf
04-22-2011, 10:54 PM
TFC v Columbus Pre Game

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/tfc-v-columbus-pre-game/

Some pre game thoughts ahead of round 12 between TFC and the Columbus Crew on Saturday afternoon at BMO Fieid. Comments always welcome.

Red Rat
04-22-2011, 11:12 PM
What time do folks leave Shoeless for the game?

3:15 the latest

tfcocd
04-22-2011, 11:31 PM

Good thing Cann is back, that limits the changes to the back line. I suppose Peterson's gaffe vs DC could leave him with his first start on the bench.

I wonder if Plata could get his first start?

SweetOwnGoal
04-23-2011, 01:56 AM
I rarely do this, so...

Embracing the hate: On the Crew TFC rivalry
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1564-Embracing-the-hate-On-the-Crew-TFC-rivalry#new_comment

swan
04-23-2011, 07:58 AM
^ good read..

i hate those fuckers i really don't think i hate another team as much in any sport

(Well maybe Man united)and i cant wait for the day we start spanking them all the

time.. if we win today i'm lovin it but we need to get as much in the W column as they

do before we can start rubbing it in to much..

CBTFC
04-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Dear Mr. Winter,

Santos, Martina and Plata up front for at least a half, to see what they can do.

Sincerely,

CBTFC

Ossington Mental Youth
04-23-2011, 09:31 AM
i highly doubt we will ever see Plata up front starting or even for a whole game due to his size, prob see Zavarise, too bad about Stevanovic

TorontoGooner
04-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Is there a march today?

stevielarson
04-23-2011, 09:47 AM
and there is the sun...its gonna be a good day boys

Red Patch CA
04-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Columbus should enjoy our attention while they can. They were always a stand-in rival before the real thing next year: Montreal.
Next year, Columbus can go back to being the sad, sad team and city that they are.:)

ManUtd4ever
04-23-2011, 10:00 AM
It's still cool and rainy up here in Richmond Hill, but I'm looking forward to a beautiful afternoon at BMO Field.

A victory over the KKKrew today would go a long way towards erasing the bitterness of last weekend's debacle.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

C'MON YOU REDS!

DaBandit
04-23-2011, 10:06 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/6ozoee.png

This is the best banner I have ever seen... Two thumbs up for the person who thought this one up... Lol

Alixir
04-23-2011, 10:30 AM
So is GolTV going to have any games in HD this year for people who do not live at Real Sports??

ecospice
04-23-2011, 11:16 AM

JMo's article on CBCSports.ca has Cann starting. So I think the backline is:

The Eck - Williams - Cann - Borman

I wouldn't mind seeing Soolsma play at some point. I think it's time he got more time. If Stefanovic doesn't start, then I think we see Plata and Soolsma split time barring injury; or, someone being sent off on a useless BS call by the ref...

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-23-2011, 11:28 AM
I had a dream, 6-0 TFC, all the goals in the second half.

Red Rat
04-23-2011, 11:30 AM

6-0 !!!
you must have wet yourself

MarkEightThree
04-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I bought two tickets via EMT and got the PDFs for today's match, do I have to print these or can the gate just scan them off my phone??

Red Rat
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
print them out

TFC07
04-23-2011, 01:13 PM
So is GolTV going to have any games in HD this year for people who do not live at Real Sports??

No because none of carriers (example Rogers) don't want to pick up GolTV HD channel.

Another reason why putting games on GolTV is a dumb idea.

Alixir
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
No because none of carriers (example Rogers) don't want to pick up GolTV HD channel.

Another reason why putting games on GolTV is a dumb idea.yes but Bell already has goltv hd...its channel 1412. They just dont ever put games on it.

Banjax
04-23-2011, 02:34 PM
anyone else having a problem with goltv its a black screen for me

Alixir
04-23-2011, 02:39 PM
anyone else having a problem with goltv its a black screen for me
yeah you have to watch the standard def channel as they have all the HD routed to Real Sports Bar and Grill.

LesH
04-23-2011, 02:49 PM

6-0 would suffice, but I'd prefer 3-0 at the half, to have least emotions for the 2nd half! :drinking:

Batman
04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
6-0 would suffice, but I'd prefer 3-0 at the half, to have least emotions for the 2nd half! :drinking:

to be honest, if we were EVER up 3-0 at the half, I have no frickin idea of how I react... I'd sure like to find out someday. :canada::scarf::drinking:

LesH
04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Anyone having found some working streams please post in the game thread (but not those working from bookmaker accounts).

Thanks in advance in the name of all the SS (the "Stream Seakers").

LesH
04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
to be honest, if we were EVER up 3-0 at the half, I have no frickin idea of how I react... I'd sure like to find out someday. :canada::scarf::drinking:

Just think of it man, the beer would taste definitely better in the 2nd half!

:canada: :scarf: :hump: :drinking:

Globetrotter
04-23-2011, 03:01 PM
do we have a link? all the ones im finding are redirecting to foreign games

Batman
04-23-2011, 03:05 PM
ok guys. I'm closing this thread now. please move over to the match thread.