PDA

View Full Version : Well done 112/113

massive_magpie
04-16-2011, 08:37 PM
When I'm old and grey, and telling my grandkids about the good old days of TFC, I'm telling them what I saw today. :flare:

Regardless of the the score line, you kept up constant song for 90 minutes, the energy in the sections was immense, the smoke looked fantastic, it was all top class.

Well done!

bgnewf
04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
The supporters were as much the story tonight as the shite on the field was.

The whole evening reminded me of 2007. The march, the shit result, the non stop singing in the stands and the smoke.

Well done all.

And I hope 127 did not get too busted up by the 5.0

cmonyoureds
04-16-2011, 08:47 PM
smoke/flare pics?

prizby
04-16-2011, 08:48 PM
what did 127 do?

112 was rocking

rocker
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
the supporters were the only positive tonight. I was heartened by the fact that they did not give up and chanted incessantly.

Duct Tape
04-16-2011, 09:18 PM
what did 127 do?

112 was rocking

Flares in 127, at least the first 5 or 6 rows from the looks of it got ejected by Toronto PD/BMO Security.

I have pics in the camera, not sure if anything of either the smoke bombs or flares came out.

T.O TILL I DIE
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
did the people who lit the flares/ smoke get ejected??

billyfly
04-16-2011, 09:24 PM
We should have let off the smoke flares at the beginning of the game so I didn't have to see DC's 2 goals.

noochie
04-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Beautiful job! I was wondering about 127... there was a stream of security/police heading down there. I am surprised that was "just" flares.

s2cazz
04-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I for one support what happened tonight. Good Job Boys. My only concern is that I wasn't able to attend.

s2cazz
04-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Also the last 20 min (although I didn't particularily like the song choice, but thats just my opinion) sounded absolutely amazing over the TV and the amount of energy coming out of 112 and 113 was beautiful.

Primavera
04-16-2011, 09:30 PM
The supporters were as much the story tonight as the shite on the field was.

+1

You guys looked fantastic from 225.

Number Nine
04-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Beautiful job! I was wondering about 127... there was a stream of security/police heading down there. I am surprised that was "just" flares.

Yeah, I caught at least 8-9 officers in 127, though, the flares looked mighty bright from the other end.

My view from 111 at 112/113.

http://t.co/vKtKz3O

And before kickoff.

http://t.co/UjoyH8h

Kudos for keeping the atmosphere, no matter the product on the pitch..

Southsider
04-16-2011, 09:36 PM
112 & 113 were amazing tonight you guys really showed what supporting is about.

127 really turned it on, but the first 7 or 8 rows were ejected in the 85th minute because of a flare (nobody hurt or arrested as far as I could tell).

Pookie
04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Chanting yes. Smoke and flares on the march, ok

Smoke and flares in the stadium? As good as they looked against the night sky, unless you like pat down searches and extra hassles, not exactly brilliant. Rules are pretty simple. If you want a voice with the FO, this isn't a good long term way to do it

That "Just Can't Get Enough" chant is catching on. Well done whoever brought it forward.

London
04-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Paul B is a moron for saying supporters endangered fans

Pookie
04-16-2011, 10:15 PM
You don't think 5 or 6 lit flares right under massive flags in a crowded section is even a little bit of a safety issue?

Regardless, I thought it looked great but can't see the league ever allowing them due to liabilty.

BS1327
04-16-2011, 10:22 PM
MLSE - Ejecting Supporters for being passionate...at least the fans showed up tonight.

I agree it's a safety issue, but wow, it looked amazing

jazzy
04-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Paul B is a moron for saying supporters endangered fans

Paul B. is walking a dangerous line, cause if the supporters are stifled, this bad team who i love and support btw, will be dead.....and done, btw love Winter after the game he made a sincere gesture of saying the 12th man was the only thing positive about tonight., and was thankful.....classy,....stuff it MLSE

Whoop
04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Supporters only positive tonight: Aaron Winter

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2986

Shep
04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Take the flares and smoke out of this match and I'd really be depressed right now. The game was pure shite. But being in the stands with the smoke and the song - fkin awesome. I can still feel the adrenaline.

:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:

sulfur
04-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Aside: DC sang their version of "Just Can't Get Enough" for the last ~10 mins or so.

Vep
04-16-2011, 11:10 PM
The smoke was incredible to see from the north end.

Sadly, that was the only good thing about tonights game.

BS1327
04-16-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm watching the replay on GOL TV right now just to see what it looked like on tv...

The game in 6 and all other videos seem to omit the game from 76 to the 88 minute.

dow117
04-16-2011, 11:26 PM
I dont know how you guys held it together when Charlie Davis and his classless asses danced and taunted in front of RBP/Usector ..... disgracefully unprofessional. Winter should have been all over that in post game !!!

TFC Bhoy
04-16-2011, 11:27 PM
i was in 126 and what it looked like was the cops came over to find out who lit off the flare and obviously no one would say, so they kicked out the whole first few rows.
What was really crazy was while the flare was actually going on, the cop right beside us looked over and laughed, totally didn't care at all, he thought it looked cool based on the way he was looking at it. Then a couple min AFTER the flare was already out, THEN the cops went over. it was pure bullshit.

112/113 sounded good from as far as me, could especially here the "just can't get enough" chat, i love it! Well done boys

s2cazz
04-16-2011, 11:34 PM
i was in 126 and what it looked like was the cops came over to find out who lit off the flare and obviously no one would say, so they kicked out the whole first few rows.
What was really crazy was while the flare was actually going on, the cop right beside us looked over and laughed, totally didn't care at all, he thought it looked cool based on the way he was looking at it. Then a couple min AFTER the flare was already out, THEN the cops went over. it was pure bullshit.

112/113 sounded good from as far as me, could especially here the "just can't get enough" chat, i love it! Well done boys

That would be because they really don't care. They don't bother anyone outside the stadium do they? Its Paul B and the FO that care. Their reaction is complaint based. And I'm willing to bet that they are asked not to react until it is out because it looks good on TV. I watched the FSC feed of the game and they ate that shit up. Even showed it after the game again.

Yagbod
04-16-2011, 11:41 PM
I hate to say this, but that was the most fun I have ever had in a 3-0 loss. Kudos to whomever got us going again after the 3rd goal. My voice is shot and my ankles are just beginning to hurt, but I will not forget this night in 112. The smoke was awesome, the flares looked great.

sloangraham
04-16-2011, 11:42 PM
loved being in 112 tonight. don't manage to get a seat there often, and between the singing and the smoke, tonight was simply the best atmosphere i've experienced there yet. ALL WITHOUT A DRUM. incredible. i tried to do my part as a non-regular and am hoarse for it.

that being said--when you drop a smoke bomb, do it with some fucking care? perhaps a quiet word to your neighbours? goddamn thing just bounced around somehow when it was dropped, hit me in the back of the leg and singed my jeans.

king dave
04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Gonna chime in here and I know there will be disagreement.
But this team has always been about the support and the passion of those who spend time and money season in/season out.
Now you may disagree but my stance has always been that the supporters are always and always should be the first ones to the table. Period.
Owners, players and media come and fucking go.
Supporters are what makes any club.
Many of you know why I don't go to the games at BMO.
I miss it.
But I am not about to let some greedy fucking corporate fucks, ruin this game that I love.
Trust me.
The shitshow will continue until MLSE is put in the fucking cornfield.
Now I must get back to work on that cedar crucifix I plan to be nailed to:D
KD.

Pachuco
04-16-2011, 11:58 PM
If you take the supporter's out of this game, I leave early for the first time ever in a TFC home match. In the 70th minute my wife said, it's really tempting to leave at this point and we've never done that. The supporter's started rocking and all we could do was watch 112 and 127 rock it out. You guys were unbelievable tonight and I thank you for providing the only entertainment at BMO field tonight.

AL-MO
04-17-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm watching the replay on GOL TV right now just to see what it looked like on tv...

The game in 6 and all other videos seem to omit the game from 76 to the 88 minute.

LOL Big surprise there!

ArmenJBX
04-17-2011, 12:08 AM
I was in 104 today, and I must say to the bearded man wearing grey who was basically a capo the entire time, you rock!

Every single time DC United fans got a little loud, this guy got 104/105 to start singing and drown them out. Good job random guy!

king dave
04-17-2011, 12:08 AM
My roommate told me tonight the the game was the best ever with the smoke, shirts off and continuous loud support.
She was in 112 and went to bed drunk and happy.
Now I am drinking the rest of her beer.
Good night allround!
KD.

phonzo
04-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Classic kitty Dave

dupont
04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
All of us supporters were the only reason I stayed for the whole match tonight.
You guys are amazing.

nobodybeatsthewiz
04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
for a 10-man 3-0 loss..........what i experienced in 112, this brings me back to being in may 2007 112.....awful result, but fantastic from everyone

Pookie
04-17-2011, 06:38 AM

Maybe... just maybe... they didn't feel like tackling 5 drunk guys with lit flares in a crowded section?

Much easier to do it when there is no fire and less risk.

London
04-17-2011, 07:16 AM
i dont care who did it but ive never seen a crowd go as hard and loud as they did after the smoke and flare.

and to all those who think a single flare on the ground is dangerous, i bet you have never been around one.

yes it is dangerous if you wave it at people, but on the ground surrounded by the people who did it is quite safe in my opinion

TFCDP
04-17-2011, 07:29 AM
If only every game was at night with less than ideal weather conditions.

Alixir
04-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Paul B is a moron for saying supporters endangered fansAfter yesterday...I think the team endangered fans more then the supporters....absolute disgrace of a game.

InDa_110
04-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Can't wait until next week. Security at BMO is going to be like an airport again. Welcome back to the lock down days.

JonO
04-17-2011, 09:09 AM
The thing is, 112 could have been even better. The top half of 112 was going along with everyone else until the giant banner went up (at around the 48 minute mark) and stayed up for about 5 minutes.

Unfortunately that pretty much sucked the life out of the top section and many (myself included) stopped chanting, with some even leaving.

I am not posting this as a personal attack on anyone, but it has been building for a little while now. We have to be smarter with the use of our flags and banners. They should be timed to the action on the field and not to the chants in 112.

Anyway, just something to think about as it has been bugging me for a while.

Pookie
04-17-2011, 09:17 AM
i dont care who did it but ive never seen a crowd go as hard and loud as they did after the smoke and flare.

and to all those who think a single flare on the ground is dangerous, i bet you have never been around one.

yes it is dangerous if you wave it at people, but on the ground surrounded by the people who did it is quite safe in my opinion

Maybe it is safe if you are around someone experienced in using it and have items on hand in case it goes wrong.

The problem is that you can't control who is "allowed" to use them. It's either banned for all or open for all.

And if open for all, you get this shit:

Wr4p1RB6kmg

I do think it looked terrific against the night sky. But for that short term gain there is a bigger risk.

Supporters want expanded sections (and lower prices). They want the ability to control tickets and have long since presented the opinion that they can police themselves.

Well, the league and FO have a policy against the use of flares. This puts the leadership of the SGs in a difficult position. In supporting the use of flares they put themselves at odds with their end goal which is to expand supporter culture and gain control over items like ticketing. You can't claim to police yourself and then condone a flagrant violation of league policy.

If they start policing themselves against a culture that wants flares, they risk alienating certain members.

My advice to the flare guys is not to put your leadership into a no win position. Use 'em outside BMO.

Heart of Stone
04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
And I hope 127 did not get too busted up by the 5.0

No bubbles were blown at police officers so all was ok... they have standards...

Wagner
04-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Supporters only positive tonight: Aaron Winter

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2986

about 1:36 in.

pretty funny, that the FO is unhappy, but Winter appreciated it.

adamdz
04-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Can't wait until next week. Security at BMO is going to be like an airport again. Welcome back to the lock down days.

Might need a 2 stick then....

http://www.ideas4save.com/images/products/single-movie-dvds/action/The%20Rock.jpg

canadian_bhoy
04-17-2011, 09:55 AM
The thing is, 112 could have been even better. The top half of 112 was going along with everyone else until the giant banner went up (at around the 48 minute mark) and stayed up for about 5 minutes.

Unfortunately that pretty much sucked the life out of the top section and many (myself included) stopped chanting, with some even leaving.

I am not posting this as a personal attack on anyone, but it has been building for a little while now. We have to be smarter with the use of our flags and banners. They should be timed to the action on the field and not to the chants in 112.

Anyway, just something to think about as it has been bugging me for a while.

+1

112 would be a better section if it was treated as a whole rather than top and bottom. Sadly last night ended up being top vs. bottom. The giant 2 stick killed the top of 112 last night.

InDa_110
04-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Might need a 2 stick then....

http://www.ideas4save.com/images/products/single-movie-dvds/action/The%20Rock.jpgLOL! Lets laugh while we can, not sure if come next weekend we'll feel the same.

Jack
04-17-2011, 10:17 AM
The smoke bomb was great. It doesn't endanger anyone and, as much as they toe the league line, if Paul and Cesar didn't feel something from last night's display, then they are in the wrong line of work.

Flares can be dangerous if mishandled, I agree, but they look awesome. As for smoke, I think last night proved that it can be a great display and doesn't hurt anything other than some people's tightass notion of the rules.

Mark TFC
04-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Flags looked beautiful in 112/113. And the non-stop chanting was indeed heart-warming. Good job boys, well done.

Couldn't see 127 from the camera angle obviously but I'm glad they had it rocking too!

phonzo
04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Pookie nailed it and I also agree with jack on smoke. Smoke is fine if (much like banners). Done at the right time.

As for last night and since this is a general board folks read it should be noted we had absolutely no idea that was going to be set off nor who brought it in. So from one perspective why trust us with control of our section. So in my eyes it's our responsibility to help figure out what happened regardless of our one personal views on smoke etc.

reggie
04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
ive been going to the games because of the passion of the fans,not the shite futbol we have indured the last 5 years..so to the FO GET YOUR FUCKING ACT TOGETHER AND SHUT UP.

prizby
04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
smoke/flares...regredably i have come to the point now for in stadiums, i disagree with it...As much as i WANT to see it, and i THINK we SHOULD be allowed to do it, I don't think by breaking the "rules" this way, we are ever going to benefit from it.

I think what we need to do is have a system in place starting with communication with the front office, supporters in the supporter section then should have a few supporters trained properly as fire marshals and have an area where such amazing displays can be performed...with that being said, until something like this can be put in place, we are only going to lose by doing this

shitty i know, but there is/has to be a way that we can get this done (and it will take a lot of time)

flatpicker
04-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I also enjoyed what took place in the stands during the last 20mins or so.

That said, the first 70mins were pretty bad from a supporters point of view.
Obviously watching Toronto play so poorly was a big reason for that.
But I also think our choices for songs/chants was ridiculous.
When the team is playing shit, I'm not sure we need to sing:
"Just can't get enough", "We love you, where you go we follow", "Built the house on Lakeshore", etc.
Those are songs that celebrate the team.

What we need to be doing when TFC are awful, is to sing songs that "rally the troops".
"We Won't Back Down" would have worked in this situation, or, God help me, one of our many "Allez" chants.

That said, even though I thought "Just can't get enough" was a silly choice at the end of the game,
It somehow seemed like an ironic choice, and that amused me, so I was ok with it.
It actually came across as facetious, considering how badly Toronto were playing.

Also, take a look at some of our more lyrical chants.
Notice that participation really picks up during the parts of the songs without words.
For example, "Built the house on Lakeshore", and "Just can't get enough".
What I take from this is that we might consider picking songs in the future that are catchy and popular (like the above mentioned),
But limit the amount of lyrics, and stick with more of the La La's, and Oh oh's.
We might find many more people joining in.

I hope this isn't taken as a negative post,
Just trying to think constructively.

J .
04-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Smoke and flares looked great. .

Walms
04-17-2011, 11:30 AM
The Atmosphere in the last 30-20 min, even though we were down 3-0 by the end, was amazing. we were sitting in section 108 and the vibes put out by 112/113 had our whole section burst out into song, it was great

Good on ya Boy's

Yohan
04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
that was fun in 112. minus still hacking my lungs a bit still due to being middle of that smoke bomb

s2cazz
04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Pookie nailed it and I also agree with jack on smoke. Smoke is fine if (much like banners). Done at the right time.

As for last night and since this is a general board folks read it should be noted we had absolutely no idea that was going to be set off nor who brought it in. So from one perspective why trust us with control of our section. So in my eyes it's our responsibility to help figure out what happened regardless of our one personal views on smoke etc.

Really? I know thats true and so does the rest of the membership but do we really need to direct comments at the general public? Do we really need to clarify that it was an indviduals action vs. a "Sanctioned" event?

It was a fucking smoke bomb... We don't need to wash our hands of it! :D

Jeff s
04-17-2011, 01:19 PM
And if open for all, you get this shit:

Wr4p1RB6kmg

To be fair though, would that have ever happened if the cops didn't go to them? They threw it because security was going to them, but I don't know, sometimes I think non of that would've happened if the cops just stayed away.

Just my opinion.

Yeoman
04-17-2011, 01:44 PM
that was fun in 112. minus still hacking my lungs a bit still due to being middle of that smoke bomb

pfft i learnt to get use to those bombs in the army, why didn't you?

rocktml
04-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Just epic guys! This is how it should be done! A tear ran down my cheek when I saw that flare...oh how I wish the stands could light up at BMO

Mr. Bigby
04-17-2011, 02:59 PM
You guys impressed the hell out of me in 122. You really represented support through thick and thin, which is the way it SHOULD be! Anybody can be a 'supporter' when things are great. The true test comes in the face of difficult times and RPB showed up loud and strong!

Gazza
04-17-2011, 03:04 PM
You guys impressed the hell out of me in 122. You really represented support through thick and thin, which is the way it SHOULD be! Anybody can be a 'supporter' when things are great. The true test comes in the face of difficult times and RPB showed up loud and strong!

I've been waiting on the good times since year one.

Mr. Bigby
04-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I've been waiting on the good times since year one.

Well, there have been moments (seat cushions for D.D., the miracle in Montreal...), but I take your point!:D

AL-MO
04-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Imagine what it could be like if we were actually winning? All that happened when we were down 3-0 and looked hopeless all game.

Gazza
04-17-2011, 03:34 PM
It's just sad that the beautiful people who support this team are the ones who are used by MLSE to jack up the prices, and in turn, are the ones who take it up the ass in the end. Talk about madness.

Torontotonto
04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Poor effort on the pitch last night.
I was right behind the two stick, but it didn't bother me, the game was out of touch at that point and we were rockin'.
We sang and bounced to just can't get enough for at least the last 10-15 minutes, as soon as it seemed to end in one row/section it just continued until the final whistle.
Beside the score, it great march and atmosphere during the final minutes, surely a night to remember.

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:

Jack
04-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Sometimes it just gets to a point where you can't do anything other than sing yourself hoarse.

I mean...it's either that, or boo them off the pitch.

cmonyoureds
04-17-2011, 04:11 PM
That show in the stands = worth the price of admission

That show on the pitch = not worth a penny

Funny, which one is the focus of MLSE?

mar1960
04-17-2011, 04:48 PM
112-113 was amazing last night keep it up boys

bgnewf
04-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Security needs to get it together. No one gets kicked out of 112 for using a smoke bomb, yet five rows of 127, no matter guilty or innocent, were kicked out.

I am not for kicking anyone out yet for smoke or flares (just my opinion) there should be some consistency on how the rules are implemented should it not?

Mikey
04-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Sometimes it just gets to a point where you can't do anything other than sing yourself hoarse.

I mean...it's either that, or boo them off the pitch.

I went for option 2. It's the MLSE exec B team running this club and they are not too smart. They understand booing as "not happy" and they understand cheering and singing as "happy fans willing to take a price hike."

I could go on, but I've probably said too much already.....

billyfly
04-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Here's a question we were discussing during the flares:

Could that tin can of a stadium actually burn?

s2cazz
04-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Here's a question we were discussing during the flares:

Could that tin can of a stadium actually burn?

No but it could melt through the floor and land on some poor fan taking a duece in the shitter below. That's what Paul B meant by endangering other fans.

SCF1908
04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Security needs to get it together. No one gets kicked out of 112 for using a smoke bomb, yet five rows of 127, no matter guilty or innocent, were kicked out.

I am not for kicking anyone out yet for smoke or flares (just my opinion) there should be some consistency on how the rules are implemented should it not?

Hmmmh, this is a tough question.

Maybe the guys in 127 were not considered "Real fans" and didn't have a ticket on your bus?

zeelaw
04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
I must say guys, my GF and I were watching from the West Stand and it was impressive, looked like a real party. Props too those with the shirts off... and PROPS to whoever nearly hit Davies with that first beer lol

Yeoman
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
i'm more impressed with magestic flying pizza box floating in the air, like a seagull in the up draft current just glide down
does that make sense?

adamdz
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Luckily I tend to not keep anything throw able in my hands, or it would have joined forces with the pizza box.

London
04-17-2011, 07:00 PM
i realy liked this guy untill that moment, now i hope he breaks his fucking leg

Parkdale
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM

there's a whole bunch of things we don't know (what was said in 127 by security and supporters etc) so it's very hard to say that what applies to one situation should apply to another one (when it could be totally different)

without all the information, our opinions on the subject are just speculation.

Parkdale
04-17-2011, 07:02 PM
also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ZpPx30m5M

Q8ZpPx30m5M

zeelaw
04-17-2011, 07:02 PM
i'm more impressed with magestic flying pizza box floating in the air, like a seagull in the up draft current just glide down
does that make sense?

Yah that too! hahaha i was dieing!

Yeoman
04-17-2011, 07:06 PM
seriously, that was fucking impressive
that came from like ten or so rows up, so to be able to throw that and successfully hit the field? shit man, draft him into the MLB

Jack
04-17-2011, 07:07 PM
I went for option 2. It's the MLSE exec B team running this club and they are not too smart. They understand booing as "not happy" and they understand cheering and singing as "happy fans willing to take a price hike."

I could go on, but I've probably said too much already.....

I get what you're saying. I was not in a singing mood for most of the match. I tried to muster up something, but it was tough. The singing at the end was just a sort of "we're shit and we don't care" thing. I mean, you can be angry and walk/boo, or sing it out. However you deal with it, the bottom line is that we are shit and we need a lot of work. Ticket sales and attendance are both going to take a hit this season.

London
04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Jack

you turned into an animal, it was awesome to see.

wzhxvy
04-17-2011, 07:15 PM

My guess is that they chose to do that because NEE is a contained number of people in 127 so they essentially can do that...in 112, it would have been tougher to kick out half the section who are a combination of RPB and others...and I am sure it was a judgement call by the security people there...however respect to NEE as well.

Stouffville_RPB
04-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Aside from the flares the supporters were great.

Flares are a dangerous item to be bringing into a section that is as overcrowded as 112.

Whoever is bringing flares into 112 should really be looking out (as should all of RPB). MLS and MLSE have made it known for a while now that they are not in favour of them. With the amount of effort FO has put into helping us with multiple projects over the years this seems to me as bitting the hand that feeds you. If FO wants to make life very difficult for us they very well could and this could be something that comes back around.

Just like players and coaches who come to MLS have to learn I guess we do too. MLS is not like Europe.

Jack
04-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Aside from the flares the supporters were great.

Flares are a dangerous item to be bringing into a section that is as overcrowded as 112.

Whoever is bringing flares into 112 should really be looking out (as should all of RPB). MLS and MLSE have made it known for a while now that they are not in favour of them. With the amount of effort FO has put into helping us with multiple projects over the years this seems to me as bitting the hand that feeds you. If FO wants to make life very difficult for us they very well could and this could be something that comes back around.

Just like players and coaches who come to MLS have to learn I guess we do too. MLS is not like Europe.

It was a smokebomb. No flares in 112. Also, I'd say we are "the hand that feeds" them. They should be careful about biting us, because we bite back.

s2cazz
04-17-2011, 07:22 PM
It was a smokebomb. No flares in 112. Also, I'd say we are "the hand that feeds" them. They should be careful about biting us, because we bite back.

This is pretty much what I was going to say except much better articulated.

Jack
04-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Jack

We all have our days :D

Stouffville_RPB
04-17-2011, 07:26 PM

No I get it Jack but as childish as it sounds 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Whether we like it or not FO has been more than helpful towards us with a lot of things we've done over the years and really the only thing they haven't let us do is our own flares and smoke. It's like "here is the garden of eden just don't eat an apple from that tree".

The way I see it is that they've given us basically one rule and we have broken it.

s2cazz
04-17-2011, 07:28 PM

Whether we like it or not FO has been more than helpful towards us with a lot of things we've done over the years and really the only thing they haven't let us do is our own flares and smoke. It's like "here is the garden of eden just don't eat an apple from that tree".

The way I see it is that they've given us basically one rule and we have broken it.

As much as they have done for us would you trade all that for a winning team?

We've asked for 1 thing too

Jack
04-17-2011, 07:45 PM

They have been helpful with a lot of things, I agree. That said, a smoke bomb lit by someone in the section isn't the end of the world. Nobody got hurt (because it wasn't dangerous) and the visual effect is awesome. I'm sure they won't be happy because someone did something that was against the rules, but at this point, I'm not concerned with making Toronto FC's management happy. I am concerned with our team winning games or making some sort of progress. I am concerned with supporting my team and creating the best possible atmosphere while doing so, thus (hopefully) giving my team some sort of a boost while intimidating the opponent.

The supporters have been the "face" of TFC for 4 years. That isn't a good thing. I'm sure there will be increased security and other "repercussions" from Paul and Cesar over this smokebomb, just like there has been in the past. If they choose to stifle the supporters, it would be a big mistake.

canadian_bhoy
04-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by RPBLondon http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1279109#post1279109)
Jack

We all have our days :D

I think it was the whisktea.

:drinking:

Yohan
04-17-2011, 08:16 PM
They have been helpful with a lot of things, I agree. That said, a smoke bomb lit by someone in the section isn't the end of the world. Nobody got hurt (because it wasn't dangerous) and the visual effect is awesome. I'm sure they won't be happy because someone did something that was against the rules, but at this point, I'm not concerned with making Toronto FC's management happy. I am concerned with our team winning games or making some sort of progress. I am concerned with supporting my team and creating the best possible atmosphere while doing so, thus (hopefully) giving my team some sort of a boost while intimidating the opponent.

The supporters have been the "face" of TFC for 4 years. That isn't a good thing. I'm sure there will be increased security and other "repercussions" from Paul and Cesar over this smokebomb, just like there has been in the past. If they choose to stifle the supporters, it would be a big mistake.
isn't it wonderful that you can speak your mind? ;)

andyc
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
there's a whole bunch of things we don't know (what was said in 127 by security and supporters etc) so it's very hard to say that what applies to one situation should apply to another one (when it could be totally different)

I was in 126 and while I didn't hear what was said, the behaviour of the NEE when surrounded by cops and security was both calm and respectful. They continued to sing and support the team and even when they were leaving they walked out calmly with a lot of dignity. Their actions prevented an overreaction from the club turning into an outright disaster.

It was great to see fans in 126 and the surrounding area supporting NEE with chants and yelling at security. Normally 126 politely ignores 127 but yesterday it was clear that that they appreciated the efforts put in by NEE.

cmonyoureds
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM

Ejecting 5 rows of fans???? If they want the seats empty that badly, maybe it's time for supporters to take the repercussions to the front office. Time to go further than the green "sit in" protest? Maybe time to do a sit out?

jabbronies
04-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Ejecting 5 rows of fans???? If they want the seats empty that badly, maybe it's time for supporters to take the repercussions to the front office. Time to go further than the green "sit in" protest? Maybe time to do a sit out?

Oh god no more protest talks please..lets focus on creating loud atmospheres not killing it and turning bmo into a dead zone.

Boris
04-17-2011, 11:31 PM

There are several ways to do this....

And doing that wasn't it.