PDA

View Full Version : Hargreaves linked with mls summer move

denime
04-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Hargreaves linked with mls summer move (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/04/15/manchester-united-midfielder-owen-hargreaves-linked-with-mls-summer-move/)

DichioTFC
04-16-2011, 06:03 AM
So where does the line up to pelt him with beer showers begin?

RedsYNWA
04-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Nnnnnnnooooooooo Please Not Here

torontocelt
04-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Hargreaves was a very good player at one point, it is a great shame that injury has plagued his career much like the other Owen (Michael). Both of these guys are done by the looks of things, both would not be wise moves until they have played at least a complete season elsewhere, this is something I do not feel either of them are capable of doing.

Razcle
04-16-2011, 06:49 AM
I do wonder how things would have panned out differently if OH was not cut by the Soccer Association back when he was a teenager living in Calgary. Maybe this fueled him to be the player he is today(glory and injury in all)

But for now he'll get the treatment just as Teal will when he sets foot on BMO soil.

TorCanSoc
04-16-2011, 07:00 AM
He'll do no wrong in my eyes. The only Englishman to score in a world cup penalty shootout .... was Canadian!!! I'll never let my friend forget that. (I forget which year, and who now... it was the only WC he was healthy for 2006?)

I know I know this is going to launch (yet) another thread about traitor/bastard/turncoat/ etc... etc...

He's class... just like DeRo. Business side of football is ugly, thank god we don't have to deal with it in our own jobs. I'm sure we'd all come out a bit traitor'ish if our day to day was that ugly.

kaos197O
04-16-2011, 07:01 AM
No thank you. He's way too injury prone and he's still not likely to be ready to play when that window opens. Shoulder injury now. Anyways, I honestly feel like he'd just be here collecting a cheque and not adding much, if anything, in return. I also believe he needs to prove himself worthy, by actually playing some minutes, before I would even look at him.

Heathen
04-16-2011, 07:11 AM
I don't think a physically tough league like the MLS is the best place for someone with as bad knee problems as he has.

tfcleeds
04-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Wherever he goes, I don't want him here.

denime
04-16-2011, 07:43 AM
No thanks, he should look for retirement $$$$ somewhere else.

Nuvinho
04-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Go to Vancouver please.

Pookie
04-16-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm still re-reading this article and wondering where the "link" to a MLS summer move is.

"It is not known whether Hargreaves would be open to a move to North America"

Seems like the only "link" is that he lived in Calgary and we have 2 Canadian MLS teams. A better headline might read "Some teams might be interested in Hargreaves and he might be interested in them but we haven't asked anyone specifically"

In other news, MLS teams might be interested in Messi but it is unknown if he would consider a move to North America. He did visit North America once as a kid on a family vacation but it isn't known whether he enjoyed himself.

69Chevy396
04-16-2011, 07:59 AM
One thing is for sure, if he was signed by TFC the club would have to immediately double the size of the locker room at BMO to accomodate the MRI machine he sleeps in.

TFC/Everton
04-16-2011, 08:04 AM
No thanks

Ossington Mental Youth
04-16-2011, 08:06 AM
traitorous bag of injuries, fuuuuuuck thaaaaaaaaat

Ossington Mental Youth
04-16-2011, 08:07 AM
One thing is for sure, if he was signed by TFC the club would have to immediately double the size of the locker room at BMO to accomodate the MRI machine he sleeps in.

bwahahahahahaha

Yohan
04-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Move to Shitecaps so that I can hate on Vancouver with a passion

BeerBaron95
04-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I REALLY hope he sign here now.

No joke

Carts
04-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Hargreaves (love him or hate him) is like a used car that has been in so many accidents, it should have been written off...

I would not invest in a player that can't stay fit for more than 5-mins unfortunately...

Someone will take the chance - and they will either win or lose that gamble...

Personally, I hope we don't roll the dice...

Carts...

maninb
04-16-2011, 09:06 AM
I knew him when he was a lad and I was playing with Calgary Britania with his father Colin, who was a brilliant player himself...I think he'd go to Vancouver just to be near his parents and siblings...

sidvan
04-16-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2339245,00.html
More bad news for Hargreaves
Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson says Owen Hargreaves will probably miss the end of the season.
"It is a shoulder injury. It has just brought his season to an end"
- Sir Alex Ferguson

Waggy
04-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Well that'd be one way to start a rivalry with Vancouver. Any team that signed that traiter would instantly become my 2nd most hated club. I don't think we have to worry though, a 30+ year old injury prone washout with mobility problems doesn't seem to be the type of player our management is interested in (thank god)

Pookie
04-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Can you say, expansion Montreal Impact?

TFCRegina
04-16-2011, 09:51 AM
If we sign Whoregraves...I think I might have to drop my no boo clause.

TFCRegina
04-16-2011, 09:52 AM
So where does the line up to pelt him with beer showers begin?

This. :canada:

I honestly will say I will boo a TFC player named Owen Whoregreaves.

TFCRegina
04-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I do wonder how things would have panned out differently if OH was not cut by the Soccer Association back when he was a teenager living in Calgary. Maybe this fueled him to be the player he is today(glory and injury in all)

But for now he'll get the treatment just as Teal will when he sets foot on BMO soil.

I don't. Because he ditched Wales after featuring for them in the youth program. He's a fucking traitor to two nations.

werewolf
04-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Toronto FC linked with Mark Van Bommel and Nigel De Jong.

*msn staring face*

Suds
04-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Could you imagine his reception in Toronto if he signed for the Crew? I think it would be the first time riot police would be dispacted ar BMO. :D

sidvan
04-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Could you imagine his reception in Toronto if he signed for the Crew? I think it would be the first time riot police would be dispacted ar BMO. :D

since the U20 Chile bus incident

ryan
04-16-2011, 10:07 AM
You can stick your English Passport up your ass *CLAP CLAP*

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2011, 10:19 AM
The article mentions that TFC and Vancouver have apparently expressed interest in signing Hargreaves. Hypothetically, if TFC signed Hargreaves, and he was healthy, he would be a tremendous addition to our midfield, despite his national team allegiances. Realistically, he would also be a substantial risk as a DP signing due to his fragile nature. I would definitely prefer that Winter and Mariner target a DP that has started more than one match in the last two years.

drewski
04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
do not want.

no problem with who he played for nationally. between his injury problems and the type of play in this league, he'll never play.

QSIM
04-16-2011, 12:47 PM
He'll come, play 5 minutes, gets injured, season ends, still gets paid.
Thats football.

Gazza
04-16-2011, 01:03 PM
When he's healthy he's one of the best midfielders in the world, but i don't see him ever being close to 100% again, so i wouldn't want us to take that risk.

And for those still bitter about him playing for england, don't forget that we told him on two occasions that he wasn't good enough to play for Canada.

TFCRegina
04-16-2011, 01:09 PM
When he's healthy he's one of the best midfielders in the world, but i don't see him ever being close to 100% again, so i wouldn't want us to take that risk.

And for those still bitter about him playing for england, don't forget that we told him on two occasions that he wasn't good enough to play for Canada.

Yet that didn't keep him from leaving Wales' youth teams for the English National team. You can't tell me he would have chosen Canada if we wouldn't have cut him from those youth teams.

Once a traitor, always a traitor, and he demonstrated it twice.

Gazza_55
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't. Because he ditched Wales after featuring for them in the youth program. He's a fucking traitor to two nations.

This. I hate the guy and although he would be an upgrade to our midfield I could never cheer for him.

My question is would he count as a domestic player or import?

Gazza
04-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Yet that didn't keep him from leaving Wales' youth teams for the English National team. You can't tell me he would have chosen Canada if we wouldn't have cut him from those youth teams.

Once a traitor, always a traitor, and he demonstrated it twice.

Easy for you to say when you would never have been given that choice.

Once he realized he was good enough to play for his father's country of birth, he jumped at the chance. I don't blame him. His first choice was Canada, when your home country doesn't want you, go play for the best shot you have at making the world cup, i don't blame a kid for doing that at all.

Anyone who would deny a teenager that right, is just a bitter, scorned football fanatic.

TFCRegina
04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
This. I hate the guy and although he would be an upgrade to our midfield I could never cheer for him.

My question is would he count as a domestic player or import?

Domestic, as Rochat (Swiss International - Quebecois) does for Vancouver.

TFCRegina
04-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Easy for you to say when you would never have been given that choice.

Once he realized he was good enough to play for his father's country of birth, he jumped at the chance. I don't blame him. His first choice was Canada, when your home country doesn't want you, go play for the best shot you have at making the world cup, i don't blame a kid for doing that at all.

Anyone who would deny a teenager that right, is just a bitter, scorned football fanatic.

Why? Because I demand that Canadians actually think of themselves as Canadians?

Very bitter. Yeah, that's it. Maybe it's: I have some fucking pride in the country I was born in and if others don't, they're not fucking Canadian and shouldn't be treated as heroes for betraying their country.

Roogsy
04-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I can put the whole betrayal of Canada behind me (although I can never see myself truly supporting him)...but the reality is that you should stick a fork in him. He is done. No way you sign a player that injury prone to a high-end contract and I doubt he'd come over here for 100k.

Rudi
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM

... when he was 15, trying out for a U-17 side.

Other 15 year olds with other national options trying out for the side included Julian de Guzman and Mike Klukowski.

Gazza
04-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Why? Because I demand that Canadians actually think of themselves as Canadians?

Very bitter. Yeah, that's it. Maybe it's: I have some fucking pride in the country I was born in and if others don't, they're not fucking Canadian and shouldn't be treated as heroes for betraying their country.

How many more times did you expect him to try out for us? 3rd times a charm? Especially when Germany and England assured him a spot in their under 21's. This isn't the same issue as Bunbury or JDG2.

If we had better judges of talent in our youth system back then, he would've been on our national team. After being dicked around twice by us, i don't begrudge the guy his dream of playing in a world cup.

J .
04-16-2011, 01:28 PM
He can get stuffed and Id boo him mercilessly whichever team he played for

TFCRegina
How many more times did you expect him to try out for us? 3rd times a charm? Especially when Germany and England assured him a spot in their under 21's. This isn't the same issue as Bunbury or JDG2.

If we had better judges of talent in our youth system back then, he would've been on our national team. After being dicked around twice by us, i don't begrudge the guy his dream of playing in a world cup.

It wasn't after being dicked around twice. As I've already stated, there's PLENTY of precedent of him not caring about loyalty to people who did give him a chance when he abandoned Wales.

If he had any loyalty in the sense you're suggesting, he wouldn't have left Wales for England. He doesn't, and your argument doesn't hold water.

Not only did he not care for Canada, he didn't care for Wales.

And as Rudi rightfully pointed out, it was a U-17 side and he was 15.

Gazza
I can put the whole betrayal of Canada behind me (although I can never see myself truly supporting him)...but the reality is that you should stick a fork in him. He is done. No way you sign a player that injury prone to a high-end contract and I doubt he'd come over here for 100k.

This is the real point to be made. We can argue all day about allegiances and crap like that, but the last thing we need is a DP player on the IR for 3 years.

ag futbol
04-16-2011, 01:33 PM
We should sign Saric just for the occasion.

Rudi
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Germany and England never assured him a spot in their U21s. England only came sniffing around after he attended a number of Welsh training camps.

And all of this was well after Holger Osieck had approached him to play for Canada's senior team (thus, "assuring him" a spot).

What a piss poor excuse to give up on his real national team.

He was cut as an underager (at a period when physical differences between a 17 year old and 15 year old can be huge), and then just gave up after that?

To me that shows that he had no interest in playing for Canada, despite saying so on national television and returning "home" to Canada every summer between seasons.

Strikers
04-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Do any of the Canadian fans want him to play for any of the Canadian teams? Do Vancouver and Montreal fans want him on their team?

I'll say this with the youth programs in Canada, many players that are cut by the Nats turn out to be great players when they get older and the players chosen on those youth teams don't always live up to their potential. Looks like Owen showed promise but the program was looking for something Owen did not have at the time.

Let's look at Hockey Canada, how many players are cut from the youth programs and are great players later on. And players that make the youth teams end up being career minor leaguers.

Remember Holger did go after Owen to play for Canada as Owen was not cap tied with any country. He chose England and from all stories and rumours I have read and heard this decision seemed to be made to spite Canada for his earlier cuts from the program.

Sullivan
04-16-2011, 03:17 PM

You don't get much better "judges" in talent than Tony Taylor.
I don't think the CSA has had many coaches equal to, let alone better than Mr. Taylor, certainly not since he left the CSA. Mr. Taylor not only played professionally, but he has also coached professionally, not many in the CSA can make either claim, let alone both.

Hargreaves was cut because of his size, not skill.
Coach an u16 or u17 rep team and you'll understand the reasoning of taking the stronger, bigger players from a group of players who all have very similar technical/skill sets but vary in height & weight. At the elite (international) level, it makes the reasoning even more valid. Hargreaves was shorter and lighter than most at 15.
Taylor told Hargreaves to go back to Breman and play, continue his development, the following year would be different.
It's unfortunate that Hargreaves has not addressed these 2 issues, but given his decisions, many are not surprised!!
The rest is history....

fwiw, My understanding is that Mr Taylor is now back residing in Burlington, and does attend TFC games. He does enjoy talking about football, the international game, development of the game in here in Canada. And if I might add this, if Mr Taylor is involvd with the Burlington youth soccer club, if I had a son or daughter there, I'd be seeking access to whatever program he was involved in. Same to be said if you're a youth coach in Burlington - he's a man willing to share his vast football knowledge and he has much to share.

ExiledRed
04-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh he was too short.....

makes sense now, must have been the right decision then....

ginkster88
04-16-2011, 03:39 PM
If I were a hockey player born in England and my father was born in Canada and I was good enough to play for Team Canada, there's not a chance that I represent Great Britain.

John Stamos
04-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Owen Hargreaves is a saint!
Legendary Canadian player, who i've idolized since his early years at Bayern.
However, he is too good for the MLS, and even if he did come, I think his injuries have already got the better of him, and he would just take a "DP" role slot up.

Thrillos
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
If I were a hockey player born in England and my father was born in Canada and I was good enough to play for Team Canada, there's not a chance that I represent Great Britain.

wow not sure how i never thought of that analogy, brilliant!

All the Hargreaves haters need to think about this for a second or two.

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:24 PM
^^^ Ever heard of Owen Nolan...he was born in Belfast Ireland...didn't stop him from Winning a Gold with Canada in the Salt Lake Olympics. This stuff happens all the time...shouldn't be bitter about individuals for it. If its between a shot at a World Cup or a defeat out of qualification to Jamaica again what would you choose?

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:45 PM
What about Giuseppe Rossi? The Yanks could sure use the likes of him...happens to everyone who cares

ginkster88
04-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Speaking of Owen Nolan, he is revered among Irish hockey fans; an Irishman who made good with the best team in the world.

bertal
04-16-2011, 06:31 PM
with the amount of appearances he had in the last two seasons, you'd think he's retired. he is a total liability

Gazza
04-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Cutting Canada's best ever player because he was too short? I guess Canada got it right and Bayern Munich had it all wrong. All due respect to Mr. Taylor in Burlington.

BakaGaijin
04-16-2011, 09:30 PM
This. :canada:

I honestly will say I will boo a TFC player named Owen Whoregreaves.

Seconded.

I will be thrown out of the stadium if he plays at BMO. I will throw shit at him and take the ejection.....and possible ban. That is how much I hate this cunt.

I am Canadian and I have supported Canada long before TFC came around. Fuck TFC if this cunt ever plays for them.

BakaGaijin
04-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Speaking of Owen Nolan, he is revered among Irish hockey fans; an Irishman who made good with the best team in the world.

He was 7 months old when he left Ireland..........

brad
04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Do any of the Canadian fans want him to play for any of the Canadian teams? Do Vancouver and Montreal fans want him on their team?

I'd love to see him sign for Montreal, ideally as a DP - cause he's crocked and would play 5 minutes....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
if his legs arnt done yet...Couver's field turf would definitely take care of any concerns.... Cant see him going to vancouver..just for that reason...if its any team in canada TFC would have the upper hand...if they are indeed interested..

but i have to agree with most i believe he is done....

brad
04-16-2011, 09:50 PM
with the amount of appearances he had in the last two seasons, you'd think he's retired. he is a total liability

He's played less that 10 minutes in the last two seasons. He's done.

brad
04-16-2011, 09:52 PM
if his legs arnt done yet...Couver's field turf would definitely take care of any concerns.... Cant see him going to vancouver..just for that reason...if its any team in canada TFC would have the upper hand...if they are indeed interested..

Actually, he probably would go to Vancouver first. His family is in Calgary, he'd be close to them

but i have to agree with most i believe he is done....

He is. United's medical team is one of the best in the world, and they can't get him fit. He comes back from one injury and suffers another right away. Strong rumors were floated around that Bayern knew he was crocked when they sold him.

raj100
04-17-2011, 12:08 AM
hargreaves if he cant get over injuries, he would be an awesome mls player, because he has a point to prove...

and for those who say hes a traitor.. think about it.. if you were able to either player for england in the world cup or be 75th in the world for canada? what would you choose... seriously?

werewolf
04-17-2011, 12:15 AM
It's a shame people really don't understand the difference between club football and international football.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-17-2011, 12:24 AM
hargreaves if he cant get over injuries, he would be an awesome mls player, because he has a point to prove...

and for those who say hes a traitor.. think about it.. if you were able to either player for england in the world cup or be 75th in the world for canada? what would you choose... seriously?

As a player...
playing for top clubs winning trophy's...is where you set your goals....

I dont see what a player gains...when he plays for a country on the world stage for a team other then his birth place....International football is for PRIDE...defending the country for who brought you into this world...

Leaving your country to play for a top club chasing your dream to become the best player you can be...is where it should end! .....But there should be no better thrill then putting on your country's badge...no matter what your RANK!:drinking:

I laugh when fifa want to get international players capped playing in domestic leagues.....why not bring in a rule that prevents non countrymen from playing for other international teams other then there birth place!

goodnight!

Serb_Star
04-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Hargreaves playing for TFC? me no want.

I'm just trying to imagine what would happen if a traitor like Marko Marin came to play for Red Star Belgrade, he would get killed:lol:

denime
04-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Hargreaves playing for TFC? me no want.

I'm just trying to imagine what would happen if a traitor like Marko Marin came to play for Red Star Belgrade, he would get killed:lol:

You can't compare Marin with Hargeaves,Marin was bor in Germany
and Marin's parents are from Bosnia town Bosanska Gradiska by banjaluka,not Belgrade Serbia,he would be more than welcome at Red Star. ;)

werewolf
04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Marin was born in Yugoslavia, but moved to Germany when he was 2.

Not a situation where he represented Germany before having never lived there, and used excuses about being cut for teams above his age group as other players do.

brad
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
I dont see what a player gains...when he plays for a country on the world stage for a team other then his birth place....International football is for PRIDE...defending the country for who brought you into this world...

He played in the World Cup, and played very well, which it is unlikely he would have done with Canada. Now I'm not going to get into the whole right or wrong debate, but it's hard to argue against the benefits to a footballers club career of having a solid World Cup.

werewolf
04-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Except in this case, when the player had already started on the winning side of a Champions League final before making an international debut.

brad
04-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Except in this case, when the player had already started on the winning side of a Champions League final before making an international debut.

That doesn't mean that playing for England didn't further his club career though. Look, I'm not interested in this debate - I just answered the posters question. He asked what is to be gained from choosing to play for another country, and I answered that.

werewolf
04-17-2011, 01:23 AM
There is no debate. There is just a small difference, which I pointed out.

nobodybeatsthewiz
04-17-2011, 02:43 AM
cunt manc scum wannabe brit albertan decrepit wavey-haired fake-my-stupid-i-dont-even-know-where-in-england-its-even-from-accent turncoat CUNT

so glad his knee caved in and imploded and was helped to implode by other players.

piece of shit.

ginkster88
04-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Regardless of how people feel about him, he has no place at TFC. He's made of fucking glass:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2339245,00.html

rocker
04-17-2011, 01:11 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O4D2cm1fTKc/SdUXAJmYrmI/AAAAAAAAAFI/bWV0uhryGXA/s400/HarperHargreaves.jpg

tovan
04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-s-hargreaves-join-canadian-mls-club-1578601

J .
04-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Seconded.

I will be thrown out of the stadium if he plays at BMO. I will throw shit at him and take the ejection.....and possible ban. That is how much I hate this cunt.

I am Canadian and I have supported Canada long before TFC came around. Fuck TFC if this cunt ever plays for them.

You are not alone

TorCanSoc
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Man. There's no in between with this guy is there?

Brooker
04-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Man. There's no in between with this guy is there?

Preferably squashed inbetween 2 transport trucks.

gmacpheetfc
04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
FC Edmonton

Heathen
04-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I'll boo every time he touches the ball whoever he plays for, and I would not celebrate any goal he scored for TFC.

MarkoftheDrink
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
If he's healthy and can make us a better side, I'm all for it.

I know people will hate him no matter what he does, as evidenced by this thread. I was in your shoes at one point too. Just imagining what he could do for the CMNT, maybe get us into the World Cup. Learning what I know now about how the CSA is/was run and organized... all I can say is if he was my child and had the opportunity to play for a team that was in the shape that the English team was compared to the CMNT, I'd have to tell him to not play for Canada. He's also the only member of his immediate family to have been born in Canada and AFAIK they don't even live here anymore.

I think Hargreaves has become somewhat of a scapegoat for the disaster that is the CMNT. It's easy to be blinded by patriotism and hate, but I think that hate is misplaced and belongs at the feet of the CSA. If he comes to TFC I will give him a chance and cheer him. I think it's time for some people to let this go, but I get the feeling hating him will always be en vogue. It's my impression that some people equate being less tolerant with being a truer patriot and any forgiveness for Owen is a sign of weakness, some sort of betrayal of the country.

But I guess anything to do with patriotism and politics gets pretty thorny pretty quickly.

MarkoftheDrink
04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Just for clarity, the reason people here hate him is simply because he's not playing for the CMNT right? I'm not missing anything else am I?

Alonso
04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I say give him a shot to help make TFC better. Sign him for a half year and see how it goes, and if he can stay healthy.

TFC needs all the help it can get, and players that WANT to play for us....

Heathen
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
If he's healthy and can make us a better side, I'm all for it.

I know people will hate him no matter what he does, as evidenced by this thread. I was in your shoes at one point too. Just imagining what he could do for the CMNT, maybe get us into the World Cup. Learning what I know now about how the CSA is/was run and organized... all I can say is if he was my child and had the opportunity to play for a team that was in the shape that the English team was compared to the CMNT, I'd have to tell him to not play for Canada. He's also the only member of his immediate family to have been born in Canada and AFAIK they don't even live here anymore.

I think Hargreaves has become somewhat of a scapegoat for the disaster that is the CMNT. It's easy to be blinded by patriotism and hate, but I think that hate is misplaced and belongs at the feet of the CSA. If he comes to TFC I will give him a chance and cheer him. I think it's time for some people to let this go, but I get the feeling hating him will always be en vogue. It's my impression that some people equate being less tolerant with being a truer patriot and any forgiveness for Owen is a sign of weakness, some sort of betrayal of the country.

But I guess anything to do with patriotism and politics gets pretty thorny pretty quickly.

Thanks for the psychoanalysis Sigmund. Doesn't matter how bad the CSA is Hargreaves is a cunt end of.

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the psychoanalysis Sigmund. Doesn't matter how bad the CSA is Hargreaves is a cunt end of.

He's a cunt made of glass. Injury after injury. If we want another Mista that sits on the bench and doesn't play, we'll get Hargreaves.

2mil4dero+santo
04-18-2011, 07:53 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O4D2cm1fTKc/SdUXAJmYrmI/AAAAAAAAAFI/bWV0uhryGXA/s400/HarperHargreaves.jpg

I just about punched my screen... that traitor cunt doesn't deserve to touch anything with a maple leaf on it. well hope he had a good career coz its over now, u can fuck off and retire in england this country isn't good enough for you to play for don't come here...

werewolf
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Just for clarity, the reason people here hate him is simply because he's not playing for the CMNT right? I'm not missing anything else am I?

I am a Bayern Munich member as well. Which put me at extreme odds for a few years, though he hadn't committed internationally when we won the Champions League. Then he signed a contract extension, directly followed by a year of whining his way to Manchester. Which I guess I should thank him for the money he yielded us.

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 08:13 PM

Just one more reason not to vote Conservative.

boozilla
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,.."
- Emma Lazarus on MLS

bgnewf
04-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Owen Hargreaves? No Thank You!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/owen-hargreaves-no-thank-you/ ‎

Toronto FC are not dumb enough to sign Owen Hargreaves? Are they?

Oblio2
04-18-2011, 09:28 PM
If thids guy is available and could stay healthy, we'd be crazy not to go for it. A Healthy OH is head and shoulders above anything in the organization. Again, IF he could stay healthy (which I dont think he could) but, IF he could....he'd be a hell of a signing and I would welcome him. Too many poeple with a hate on for him because of his International choice of team. He's a fantastic player, end of.

Whoop
04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I am a Bayern Munich member as well. Which put me at extreme odds for a few years, though he hadn't committed internationally when we won the Champions League. Then he signed a contract extension, directly followed by a year of whining his way to Manchester. Which I guess I should thank him for the money he yielded us.

I remember that too. LOL

jabbronies
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
No no non nao no!

Keep this guy away from here. Maybe he's going to Montreal?

zeelaw
04-18-2011, 10:13 PM
It's a shame people really don't understand the difference between club football and international football.

Fuck that man, fuck this guy... I'll get kicked out of RPB and banned from the stadium before I ever cheer that motherfucker....

werewolf
04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to how people stick up for this cunt by saying things like "he had the opportunity...." blah blah blah. i.e. Players treating countries like clubs.

MarkoftheDrink
04-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Lol I hope he gets signed for us, never misses a game, destroys the league and helps us win the cup.

TFCRegina
04-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Lol I hope he gets signed for us, never misses a game, destroys the league and helps us win the cup.

I hope he doesn't get signed. And if they do sign him, I'll hope every game that he has a career ending injury while TFC goes on to win the MLS Cup without him.

zeelaw
04-18-2011, 11:49 PM
I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to how people stick up for this cunt by saying things like "he had the opportunity...." blah blah blah. i.e. Players treating countries like clubs.
ooooohhhh sorry werewolf... my bad

zeelaw
04-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I would not enjoy that at all...

mdc 77
04-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I can't see him coming to play in North America.

Funny no mention of MLS from a legit news source.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13091941.stm

On the other hand we get this classic from what essentially is a blog;

A move back to his country of birth to join either Vancouver Whitecaps or Toronto Fc has been on the cards for some time now and recent reports suggest that it is almost certain to be done when his contract with United expires this summer.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-s-hargreaves-join-canadian-mls-club-1578601

Move back to his country has been in the cards for sometime now? really? haha

Gazza
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Just one more reason not to vote Conservative.

That's acually another reason why i vote conservative.

Fort York Redcoat
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM

"What an opportunity!"

Somebody lied to you, Stephen....

Heathen
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
That's acually another reason why i vote conservative.

? Really why

TOBOR !
04-19-2011, 10:23 AM
screw Hargreaves.

Pachuco
04-19-2011, 02:54 PM
If thids guy is available and could stay healthy, we'd be crazy not to go for it. A Healthy OH is head and shoulders above anything in the organization. Again, IF he could stay healthy (which I dont think he could) but, IF he could....he'd be a hell of a signing and I would welcome him. Too many poeple with a hate on for him because of his International choice of team. He's a fantastic player, end of.

If he could stay healthy he'd be staying in the EPL. Simple as that.