PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game Thread: TFC vs DCU

ManUtd4ever
04-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Hopefully, Winter will have a full squad at his disposal on Saturday and TFC will come away with a victory in a very winnable match. Unfortunately, the weather will not cooperate so it might not be the most exciting game to watch.

Nonetheless, I'll still be at BMO Field with the other die hards braving the conditions and cheering on the boys!

I predict a 1-0 victory for TFC.

:scarf:

flatpicker
04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
God I hope Toronto can get a win here.
We need it badly!

DangerRed
04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
If both our strikers are back, Gargan is benched and Stevanovic and Martina are fit, we can do this one. Final: 2-0 or maybe even 3-1 TFC.

Yohan
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I bet Charlie Davies will score another PK

LucaGol
04-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I'd like to see Plata get the start. I think there's something there.

Let's see something like this.

---------------------- FREI
PETERSON --- WILLIAMS -- CANN --- YOURASSOWSKY
-----------DE GUZMAN --- TCHANI
------------------- PLATA
-- MARTINA
--------------------------------- STEVANOVIC
----------------- SANTOS

SUBS
GORDON
ZAVARISE
BORMAN

Walms
04-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd like to see Zavarise in the starting 11, I think he showed a lot of promis in Winter's system

ArmenJBX
04-14-2011, 05:26 PM
It's gunna rain! :D

Ossington Mental Youth
04-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Don't know that plata is a creative mid, isn't he a winger/striker type?

backbeat
04-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Don't know that plata is a creative mid, isn't he a winger/striker type?

he's not - he's an energetic sub and maybe future starting XI on the wing - really liked his movement and ball control - stirs the pot...

Shep
04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
he's not - he's an energetic sub and maybe future starting XI on the wing - really liked his movement and ball control - stirs the pot...

Energetic for sure, the wee guy moves fast!

backbeat
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
for Saturday I'd like to see....

------------------------- Frei ---------------------
Yourassowsky- Williams -- Cann ------ Borman
------------ JDG ---------------- Tchani----------
---------------------- Santos (for now) ----------
-- Martina ------------------------------ Stevanovic
---------------------- Gordon -----------------------

subs:

Cordon
Plata
Peterson
Nana
Zavarise
Harden

Auzzy
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Me thinks Plata is not very easy to cover. The way he found his way out of the pack and got his head (!?!?) onto the Borman freekick was very interesting.

ryan
04-14-2011, 06:33 PM
I think it's hard to have Peterson on the bench when he's been our best free kick taker this year.

ManUtd4ever
04-14-2011, 06:42 PM
I think it's hard to have Peterson on the bench when he's been our best free kick taker this year.

I never thought I'd say this about Peterson, but I tend to agree. He has delivered the most accurate balls on set pieces. The only issue is where to play him? One of Stevanovic, Martina, Santos, or Gordon would have to sit unless he plays at RB again.

smtavare
04-14-2011, 06:59 PM
I never thought I'd say this about Peterson, but I tend to agree. He has delivered the most accurate balls on set pieces. The only issue is where to play him? One of Stevanovic, Martina, Santos, or Gordon would have to sit unless he plays at RB again.

I'm sorry, but I was at the game and he fucked up an important free kick and corner later in the second half with 2 horrible kicks!

swan
04-14-2011, 07:24 PM
for Saturday I'd like to see....

------------------------- Frei ---------------------
Yourassowsky- Williams -- Cann ------ Borman
---------- JDG ---------------- Tchani----------
---------------------- Santos (for now) ----------
---------------------- Gordon -----------------------

subs:

Cordon
Plata
Peterson
Nana
Zavarise
Harden

i like what you said..

curious if something like this would work...

--------------------- Frei ---------------------
Gargan-- Williams -- Cann ----- Yourassowsky
--------- Borman -------------- Tchani----------
---------------------- Jdg ----------------------
---------------------- santos -----------------------

with Borman on that side he could cover for Gargan and link up with martina since no one has been able to so far except for frei.. and Jdg can be a link with the front and back..

Kaz
04-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Let's hope fatigue doesn't kick in, a Win will mean the strongest opening 6 game performance since 2008 where we went on a 6 game unbeaten streak. Still not bad for a team that was being written off after Vancouver.

We still have issues, up front but I'm looking at it like this, we start off having trouble getting it from the back to the middle field, we are getting better with that and getting it there regularly, Now it's getting it from the middle to the forwards. It took 5 games really to bring effect back to middle play, if it take 7 more games to bring effective middle to forward play, while strengthening defending skills, we will could be a force in the last 22 games or so.

Long way to go, lots to happen. But really we have lots to be happy with. A win would go along away to bring that happy to ecstatic. (at least till we lose one and it's all doom and gloom again)

ryan
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I was at the game and he fucked up an important free kick and corner later in the second half with 2 horrible kicks!

There's very few players in MLS that will nail every Free Kick.

Borman's kick that found Plata was nice, maybe give him a few more shots at it.

Auzzy
04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Peterson sure ain't perfect, I don't think anybody claimed he was. Well except for one guy.... ;) However, I feel the quality of our free kicks has improved over previous years -- even better when Gordon is there to get on the end of them. Borman's kick was also sweet as mentioned.

69Chevy396
04-14-2011, 10:15 PM
The offense that seems to be most dangerous right now is Gordon up front with Stevanovic and Martina on the wings. If Santos gets his head back in the game, he needs to be slotted just behind Gordon, and that will result in our best scoring chances. Replacing Gordon with anybody right now in a starting role does not make any sense when he is a proven goal scorer, and the new guys, Zavarise and Plato are clearly not. gordon has looked dangerous in every game, I think if he stays healthy he is a better target man than Dichio. You have to give him this chance. Otherwise, what was the point of dumping Barrett?

Dub Narcotic
04-15-2011, 03:16 AM

I think he was gassed by that point, he looked exhausted when he came off.

MarkoftheDrink
04-15-2011, 05:02 AM
The offense that seems to be most dangerous right now is Gordon up front with Stevanovic and Martina on the wings. If Santos gets his head back in the game, he needs to be slotted just behind Gordon, and that will result in our best scoring chances. Replacing Gordon with anybody right now in a starting role does not make any sense when he is a proven goal scorer, and the new guys, Zavarise and Plato are clearly not. gordon has looked dangerous in every game, I think if he stays healthy he is a better target man than Dichio. You have to give him this chance. Otherwise, what was the point of dumping Barrett?

That's the second time I've seen you mention something along those lines. I think almost everyone here would disagree, so just out of curiosity would you care to elaborate on what brings you to this conclusion?

MarkoftheDrink
04-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Some of the reasons I disagree.

T-NfJCveHdA

Oldtimer
04-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Some of the reasons I disagree.

T-NfJCveHdA

That video brought back some great memories.

Danny brought not just great heading skill and goal-poaching, but a hard-nosed lunch-bucket attitude. The last goal where he scored even while being pulled down exemplified his strong-points. So glad he's still with us as a coach. A legend, and a model to our young players.

Yohan
04-15-2011, 07:51 AM
That's the second time I've seen you mention something along those lines. I think almost everyone here would disagree, so just out of curiosity would you care to elaborate on what brings you to this conclusion?
Alan Gordon will never have the first touch or the vision that Dichio had. Other aspects of Gordon's game is similar to Dichio, but Dichio had one of best first touches in the league

Gordon also isn't as strong as Dichio, so MLS defenders can beat him in air battles. Dichio rarely got beaten in the air. Strong as an ox, that one

Ultra & Proud
04-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Not sure how anybody who would like us to make the playoffs (or at least challenge) could possibly pencil Gargan's name on a line up consistently. Any team that has a back like him starting is not playoff bound.

jloome
04-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Gordon also isn't as strong as Dichio,

Gordon's one of the strongest forwards in the league. Guy's a brute, bigger than Danny.

He's not as technically sound as Dichio and his vision is nowhere near Dichio's. But he's easily as strong.

Oldtimer
04-15-2011, 11:09 AM
When I saw DC play TFC in Charleston, they dominated and TFC's defending was terrible.

It will be interesting to see if Toronto's improvements since then, and the return of JDG can drastically change that scenario.

I'm a little less optimistic than some of the posters on here. It could go either way.

ExiledRed
04-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Gordon's one of the strongest forwards in the league. Guy's a brute, bigger than Danny.

He's not as technically sound as Dichio and his vision is nowhere near Dichio's. But he's easily as strong.

He doesn't have the precision bullet head, for powerful, accurate headers that Dichio had. He needs to shave his head.

He might seem as strong as Dichio but he doesn't have an aura of power granted to him by the ancient norse gods on the steps of Asgard. He needs to defeat a few dragons and challenge Thor to a game of 'mercy' in order to receive such accolades.

His name does not resound in the halls of heroes nor does it cause mountains to quake and tremble. He needs to change his name to something like 'Flash' or 'Ninjablade Souleater'

He could be just what we need up front right now though, I like him.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-15-2011, 11:29 AM
lulz

Kc17
04-15-2011, 11:33 AM
I'd replace Peterson in the starting lineup this week, just because he looked quite tired at the end of that LAG game, his final two set pieces were terrible, and it was a clear sign of fatigue. He has started in every game for us so far too, hasn't he? Give him a break on a short week.

We need to come out and get 3 points here, the draws are okay, but lets take advantage of this early schedule now.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-15-2011, 11:51 AM
im starting to think of Peterson as an all round footballer rather than a winger/striker

trane
04-15-2011, 01:41 PM

-- MARTINA
----------------- SANTOS

SUBS
GORDON
ZAVARISE
BORMAN

This lookd about right, BUT I would switch Stevanovic with Plata.

scooterTFC
04-15-2011, 02:37 PM

-- MARTINA
----------------- SANTOS

SUBS
GORDON
ZAVARISE
BORMAN

Assuming Gordon's groin/leg injury is still a problem I bet we'll see something like this:

-----------------FREI-----------------
GARGAN------HARDEN---CANN------BORMAN
----PETERSON--DE GUZMAN--TCHANI----
MARTINA--------SANTOS--------STEVONOVICH

We have more depth in the middle then up top so I'd suspect that Winter moves Santos to CF.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
tho i like Plata i dont see him as being a starter, certainly not yet and i certainly wouldnt play him over Stevanovic at this point in time

Dreadlocks
04-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Winter appears to like Harden so contrary to most opinions, he'll more than likely be in the first 11 imo.

Plata won't play in the middle. Not enough of a presence...yet. Maybe quick and somewhat skilled, I keep him on the wing as a sub.

Going to be tough to keep Peterson out of the lineup for tactical reasons. If he's rested it would make sense but aside from that, he'll play.

And finally, they will need to man mark Davies in the attacking 3rd.

DichioTFC
04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Game odds:

17 Apr 00:00 UK Toronto FC v DC United (http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/1942299/Toronto%2DFC%2Dv%2DDC%2DUnited.html) 1.91 3.25 3.75

Looks like we're clear favourites.

scooterTFC
04-15-2011, 03:09 PM
tho i like Plata i dont see him as being a starter, certainly not yet and i certainly wouldnt play him over Stevanovic at this point in time

Agree completly. First step for Plata is to have more impact as a late game sub then maybe he'll build a case to start. Right now he looks quick and skillful buth nothing really comes of his efforts.

Winter's favoured subs seem to be Plata (wing), Zavarise (wing/mid) & Yourassky (wing/mid/FB).

mastermixer
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Agree completly. First step for Plata is to have more impact as a late game sub then maybe he'll build a case to start. Right now he looks quick and skillful buth nothing really comes of his efforts.

Winter's favoured subs seem to be Plata (wing), Zavarise (wing/mid) & Yourassky (wing/mid/FB).

The good thing about subbing in Plata late in the game is that he can catch some of the tired defenders off guard with his speed.

scooterTFC
04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Assuming Gordon's groin/leg injury is still a problem I bet we'll see something like this:

GARGAN------HARDEN---CANN------BORMAN
----PETERSON--DE GUZMAN--TCHANI----

We have more depth in the middle then up top so I'd suspect that Winter moves Santos to CF.

Above is the team and formation I expect Winter to send out. However as a fan this is the team and formation that I'd like to see tomorrow:

PETERSON------HARDEN---CANN------BORMAN
---------------DE GUZMAN---------------
----TCHANI---------------YOURASSKY----

DangerRed
04-15-2011, 03:36 PM
It's gunna rain! :D

http://forums.accuweather.com/uploads/post-15491-1298478177.png

JonO
04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Bet you they still use the sprinkler system...

Whoop
04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
DR beat me too it. LOL

brad
04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
--------------------frei-----------------
Eckersly------nana---cann------borman
---------------de Guzman---------------
----tchani---------------santos----
Martina--------gordon--------stevonovich

ArmenJBX
04-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Can we pay for membership at this game?
I still haven't heard back from the membership team, so I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do :S

denime
04-15-2011, 04:04 PM
MARTINA--------SANTOS--------STEVANOVIC

I like this lineup

denime
04-15-2011, 04:05 PM
I still haven't heard back from the membership team, so I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do :S

PM CoachGT ;)

swan
04-15-2011, 04:13 PM
MARTINA--------SANTOS--------STEVANOVIC

I like this lineup

can you switch tchani and yourass need someone with speed that can link up with martina like borman and stev do..

DichioTFC
04-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Eckersly------nana---cann------borman
---------------de Guzman---------------
----tchani---------------santos----
Martina--------gordon--------stevonovich

Harden------Williams---cann------borman
--------de Guzman----Tchani-----------
Martina--------santos--------stevonovich
----------------Gordon----------------

I think this is what Winter will go with (with Nana possibly breaking the starting XI). I like the JDG / Tchani partnership in the back. A bit obscure analogy, but if ball distribution were like the NFL and JDG is our "quarterback", then the three forwards directly in front of him would be the wide receivers and Tchani would be the running back (strong, powerful, able to advance play methodically).

Maltese Falcon
04-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Don't know if you can take peterson out of mid...he's playing too well there. I doubt that this new RB will play tomorrow but I would keep Peterson in the mid personally

brad
04-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Don't know if you can take peterson out of mid...he's playing too well there. I doubt that this new RB will play tomorrow but I would keep Peterson in the mid personally

I think he will. Stevanovic, Tchani and Borman all played the day after arriving.

MarkoftheDrink
04-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Assuming everyone is available:

------------------Frei-----------------
Eck--------Nana-------Cann------Borman
-----------------Santos----------------
Martina----------Gordon-------Stevanovic

Bench:
Kocic
Plata
Peterson
Zavarise
Cordon
Harden
Yourassowsky

ManUtd4ever
04-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Martina----------Gordon-------Stevonovich

Bench:
Kocic
Plata
Peterson
Zavarise
Cordon
Harden
Yourassowsky

I like it. With the current roster, this is likely the ideal starting lineup/formation with good options on the bench.

Due to a late arrival tonight, I think Eckersley will come on as a sub tomorrow.

boozilla
04-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Charlie Davies previews TFC game.
http://www.dcunited.com/video/2011/04/video-charlie-davies-previews-toronto-fc
Good video of his dive against L.A.
For those looking to to get under his skin, his girlfriend's name is Nina.

bgnewf
04-15-2011, 07:16 PM
My Day At BMO Field

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/my-day-at-bmo-field/

Notes from practice as the TFC First Team & the Reserves train ahead of games this weekend in Toronto.

Maltese Falcon
04-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I think he will. Stevanovic, Tchani and Borman all played the day after arriving.
True enough Stevanovic came on as a sub tho didn't he?

DichioTFC
04-15-2011, 08:19 PM
For those looking to to get under his skin...

He's a USMNT-reject. He's a French Ligue 1-reject. He's an Ajax-reject. And, for the classless among us, there's this http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=685080&sec=us&cc=5901

ExiledRed
04-15-2011, 08:58 PM
This game is interesting, if we win tomorrow and Philly lose, we'll be on top of the conference. How often can we say something like that?

We can stop assuming that all the teams below us are going to capitalise on their games in hand too. Chicago was hopeless last night. KC and the the Crew could easily tie tomorrow as well. Im more optimistic about this team than I was at game one, tomorrow should be a good test. Previous TFC teams squandered important opportunities like this to gain position at the top of the table early in the season.

flatpicker
04-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned already,
But did you guys notice the picture of DeRo on the game ticket?
He looks all pissed off, and looks like he's ripping off the captain's armband.
Just seemed appropriate somehow.

TFC-all-Day
04-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Frei
Eckersley Attakora Cann Borman
Tchani

JDG Cordon

Martina Stevanovic
Santos

JDG and Cordon in attacking roles because i feel they both have the quality to pull the strings , and Tchani is solid in the holding role

James17930
04-16-2011, 01:45 AM
This game is interesting, if we win tomorrow and Philly lose, we'll be on top of the conference. How often can we say something like that?

We can stop assuming that all the teams below us are going to capitalise on their games in hand too. Chicago was hopeless last night. KC and the the Crew could easily tie tomorrow as well. Im more optimistic about this team than I was at game one, tomorrow should be a good test. Previous TFC teams squandered important opportunities like this to gain position at the top of the table early in the season.

I'm optimistic as well, but as for as the standings go, it's probably too soon to worry about it.

Only 2 points separate 17th from 5th -- we need the win because we shouldn't be dropping points to bad teams at home, but even if we ended up with another draw it would still leave us decently positioned for this early in the season when we're still 'making progress,' so to speak.

DichioTFC
04-16-2011, 06:07 AM
^ I know its early for 'must-win' games, but this is a must-win. We're at home, our players should be healthy. We're playing a weaker opponent and we're clear favourites (posted the Will Hill odds earlier).

3 points today are a must. No excuses.

tfc2008
04-16-2011, 08:38 AM
The one with the most luck win today and not the best team, isnt possible in this weather.
today you needed the ball over the ground with a wind 60-70 km and isnt possible with 30 mm water on the field.
Gone be a bad game for booth

AL-MO
04-16-2011, 09:18 AM

I imagine CoachGT (or someone else from the membership team) will be at Joes before the game.

Flint
04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
This should be a winnable game.

Red CB Toronto
04-16-2011, 09:45 AM
It will be interesting to see if Richard gets into the game since he arrived in Toronto last night.

Banjax
04-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Hopefully santos is well rested and feeling better, i feel we can come away with 3 points for sure if we just continue to create chances like we have in the past couple of games. hopefully we get a look at eckersley today though i think that would be doubtful.

bigtfcfan
04-16-2011, 10:52 AM

Martina----------Gordon-------Stevanovic

Bench:
Kocic
Plata
Peterson
Zavarise
Cordon
Harden
Yourassowsky

This!

DangerRed
04-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Understand that Gordon is probable, but don't like that Stevanovic is also listed as that (adductor tightness) which could hurt our wing play significantly.

I don't say this very often, but we HAVE to win this. It's a shit team, we're at home, and nearly everyone's fit.

Let's put 'em down. Hard.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I remember a game in season 2 at BMO against DCU in the exact same weather conditions, and Dichio scored the only goal in a sloppy match. Here's hoping for a similar result tonight!

John Stamos
04-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Beauty of a team!

Eck--------Nana-------Cann------Yourassowsky
Martina----------Stevanovic-------Plata
---------------Santos----------------

Number Nine
04-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm taking the old man to his first TFC game. If you're gonna be there, make sure y'all show him a good time! :P

flatpicker
04-16-2011, 12:36 PM
The weather sure loves cooperating with us on game days!

Better run to the dollar store and get myself a poncho!

QSIM
04-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Martina----------Zavarise-------Stevanovic
---------------Santos-----------------

if Stevanovic isn't fit:

Martina----------Zavarise-------Yourassowsky

Dreadlocks
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
In case anyone is bored...some thoughts on tonight and the build/rebuild process..

TFC Rebuild In Progress http://wp.me/p19mRp-3G

James17930
04-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Martina----------Zavarise-------Stevanovic
---------------Santos-----------------

if Stevanovic isn't fit:

Martina----------Zavarise-------Yourassowsky

I like that. I think Yourassowsky should be starting -- he's dangerous on that left side, no matter where he plays.

flamehawk
04-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I like that. I think Yourassowsky should be starting -- he's dangerous on that left side, no matter where he plays.

Did Yourassow ever play left wing in pre-season?

Ron Manager
04-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Not sure about preseason but he subbed there for Stevanovic on Weds.

Azerban
04-16-2011, 02:03 PM
im starting to think of Peterson as a footballer

stop trolling

TFCRegina
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't see Dick Eckersley starting for us to be honest. I think he'll come off the bench (ala Stevanovic) and be worked in as a starter for the following match.

jloome
04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I believe we can win this game but people need to temper their expectations somewhat. DC is a highly-motivated team, lots of hard-working players.

Maybe more hard workers than talent, but that formula has worked for USL teams dumping MLS teams out of contests lots of times.

ExiledRed
04-16-2011, 02:47 PM
If we win, Winter is in a very comfortable position. If we lose or tie, it will be against the least threatening east coast side on the table, we'll almost certainly surrender our position, likely put first place out of reach and Winter's prior achievements will look a bit flukey.

If Seattle take out Philly,(and someone has to soon) it will be a travesty if we cant take advantage of DC and make it that much harder for the teams with games in hand on us to close the gap.

Technorgasm
04-16-2011, 02:51 PM
SAME HERE!
FREE SINGLE TICKET.

Section 111, Row 4, seat 12 (right on the railing at the gap)

use it, sell it, smoke it.. I dont care.

TechnorB

Gazza
04-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Scotch works perfectly to keep me warm, can anyone suggest a beverage that combats the 80km winds?

kaos197O
04-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Scotch works perfectly to keep me warm, can anyone suggest a beverage that combats the 80km winds?

Tequila. That's what I'm bringing.

James17930
04-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Not sure about preseason but he subbed there for Stevanovic on Weds.

He was at LB for the Portland match, the one where he got red (second yellow) carded for time wasting. He made a couple dangerous over-lapping runs.

P.U. already up on Seattle.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-16-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't see Dick Eckersley starting for us to be honest. I think he'll come off the bench (ala Stevanovic) and be worked in as a starter for the following match.

I agree...not sure if eckersley is going to start..

James17930
04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Sweet -- myp2p.eu looks like it's going to have some good, viable streams up for this one.

I'm not staying up unti 3:00 am for nothing! :)

dal524
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Sweet -- myp2p.eu looks like it's going to have some good, viable streams up for this one.

I'm not staying up unti 3:00 am for nothing! :)

am i blind? i dont see any mention of that game on there

Nevermind!

denime
04-16-2011, 04:34 PM

combine with coffee will keep you worm inside-out add on top of that few more goals from TFC and you will have a wonderful evening 100% :cheers:

C.Barrett19
04-16-2011, 04:59 PM
any links?

Chubbs
04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=112242&part=sports

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:12 PM
there was a good justin.tv page that streamed the San Jose game, was good quality I'm sure one will pop up on there too

C.Barrett19
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
they dont work for me :(

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:17 PM
probably because you like chad barrett

James17930
04-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Also because the game hasn't started yet.

C.Barrett19
04-16-2011, 05:21 PM
isnt it at 6?

Kc17
04-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Have there been any recent talks of adding a roof to BMO? Its idiotic not to have one with our early season weather. And even in the summer it would be great for shade.

Kc17
04-16-2011, 05:24 PM
isnt it at 6?

7PM EST

s2cazz
04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::scarf::flare:: flare::flare::flare::flare:

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Have there been any recent talks of adding a roof to BMO? Its idiotic not to have one with our early season weather. And even in the summer it would be great for shade.
I'm assuming once the expansions are all complete they'll add a roof...hopefully lol

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.stadiumdb.com/images/stadiums/north%20america/usa/harrison,%20new%20jersey/red-bull-arena-new-jersey.jpg

Love what they did with red bull arena...makes BMO look a bit childish...would love to see complete wrap around seating instead of expanding higher up

Huyton
04-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm probably the only one of 1,057 pedants who'll point out that the game is not at 7 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time), it's at 7 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

Huyton
04-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd like that Red Bull Arena here...just make one end a monolithic bank of seats for supporters.

Kc17
I'm probably the only one of 1,057 pedants who'll point out that the game is not at 7 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time), it's at 7 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

I thought the "EST" was just an abbreviation for "Eastern" :facepalm:

Maltese Falcon
Whats the quality of the CSL Huyton? Where does Miltown play out of I'm from Burlington wouldn't mind checking out a few games this summer.

edit: i just went on their site and there no longer part of the CSL? lol what's in store this summer for them?

thisisinternetclash
04-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Whoah:

LukeWileman
Peterson plays right back for #torontofc tonight
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

LukeWileman
No Gordon tonight for #torontofc. Oscar Cordon starts
21 minutes ago

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
TFC starting 11: Frei, Borman, Harden, Cann, Peterson, Tchani, JDG, Cordon, Martina, Santos, Stevanovic

thisisinternetclash
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Just a heads up to anybody looking for streams: The game is on FSC in the states, so there will almost definitely be some working ones out there.

dantdot
04-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Starting XI:

Frei
Peterson, Harden, Cann, Borman
Tchani, de Guzman
Cordon
Martina Maicon Stevanovic

Interesting to see how Cordon will do, I assume he'll play further up

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:42 PM
This one works...even has a pregame show

http://www.linkabstract.com/

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Starting XI:

Frei
Peterson, Harden, Cann, Borman
Tchani, de Guzman
Cordon
Martina Maicon Stevanovic

Interesting to see how Cordon will do, I assume he'll play further up
I know he didn't play too much in the LA game but i thought he had a good jump in his step and definitely will have some energy out there tonight

Nicholas982
04-16-2011, 05:46 PM
This one works...even has a pregame show

Thank you thank you thank you. :scarf:

Kc17
04-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Thats my favorite starting lineup so far this season.

ginkster88
04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Cordon really impressed on Wednesday with the ball at his feet, which was only when he went and got it for himself; his teammates seemed reluctant to involve him in the play. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Thats my favorite starting lineup so far this season.
should be interesting I like that hes giving Cordon a start, I'm interested to see how he does

mclaren
04-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. :scarf:
not working

ginkster88
working for me... do you have veetle?

Maltese Falcon
not working
refresh its working fine for me

mclaren
04-16-2011, 05:58 PM
ah, forgot i had expat shield on - working now!

Maltese Falcon
04-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Shitcaps are on sportsnet, habs/bruins on CBC and flyers/sabers on tsn...sports overload

Alixir
04-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Shitcaps are on sportsnet, habs/bruins on CBC and flyers/sabers on tsn...sports overloadshietcaps are at least in HD ****cough**** GolTV

twistedchinaman
04-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Game thread is open!

jloome
04-16-2011, 06:49 PM
LOL, watching FC Edmonton play the Dutch style FLUIDLY against Atlanta on another feed.

If We had TFC's talent level with that level of teamwork/unquestioning shape, we'd be rocking the joint.