PDA

View Full Version : Frei Up For Save of the Week

JuliquE
04-13-2011, 05:01 AM
I feel like Keller's save comes close -- both requiring some great reflexes, but Wondo's shot on Frei seemed to have a bit more pace to it.

Anyway.. you all can judge for yourselves, then:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/vote-now-mls-save-week-wk-4

Cashcleaner
04-13-2011, 06:03 AM
Keller's was good, no doubt. Still voted for the Frei-Guy, though. :D

Technorgasm
04-13-2011, 07:59 AM
MS Silverlight = Fail.

any youtube link?

Wooster_TFC
04-13-2011, 08:25 AM
My save of the week goes to Harden for slipping and falling then throwing his entire body in front of that shot, without getting his arms in the way to boot!

JuliquE
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
My save of the week goes to Harden for slipping and falling then throwing his entire body in front of that shot, without getting his arms in the way to boot!
Then you can vote for Frei, since it's in the same clip. :)

Wooster_TFC
04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Then you can vote for Frei, since it's in the same clip. :)

Already did.

Keller's was pretty sensational too though, not only did he make a great save, he then knocked the ball away.

JuliquE
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Already did.

Keller's was pretty sensational too though, not only did he make a great save, he then knocked the ball away.
Seem to recall that he actually didn't knock it into safety and had to have some one of his team mates clear the danger, after the initial save.

I think that was one of the factors I considered, when voting; he still needed a bit more help.

Wooster_TFC
04-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Seem to recall that he actually didn't knock it into safety and had to have some one of his team mates clear the danger, after the initial save.

I think that was one of the factors I considered, when voting; he still needed a bit more help.

Based on the replay, I'm not so sure one way or the other. It does look like he gets his hand on the ball, then it might be kicked at the same time.

Either way, both saves were great, and I vote Frei because he's a red.