PDA

View Full Version : whatever happened to this?

lobo
04-12-2011, 11:34 PM
is this just the good old days now? have we grown out of this at BMO?

Q3YIVsIwfMw
V8KM8BIAYHg
Xbo4Glu1EeA
X9_AZ6D1ji8

ExiledRed
04-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Were not allowed to throw streamers at the players anymore. Its against the league rules and could lead to point deductions against the team.

BeachFC
04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Ahh, the good old days. I miss this :(

Maybe we could bring it back for the CMNT games?

lobo
04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Were not allowed to throw streamers at the players anymore. Its against the league rules and could lead to point deductions against the team.

a league crackdown on streamers, guess it's just the good ole days now

Technorgasm
04-13-2011, 06:52 AM
streamers led to idiots throwing fucking beers on teh pitch.

it was fun, but VERY glad it is part of the past.. .
has no place in football, cheapens the league and adds more ammo to those who would discoutn teh sport in North America. .

that said. . fuck it was fun as hell. . .

Cristiano14
04-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Are we still allowed to throw them en mass like we did at kickoff in previous games?

Roogsy
04-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Are we still allowed to throw them en mass like we did at kickoff in previous games?

At the kick-off, throwing them up in the air is something that is still allowed and sometimes still happens. The last one was organized by the RPB Banner team as was the flag Tifo for the home opener.

Pachuco
04-13-2011, 09:27 AM
streamers led to idiots throwing fucking beers on teh pitch.

it was fun, but VERY glad it is part of the past.. .
has no place in football, cheapens the league and adds more ammo to those who would discoutn teh sport in North America. .

that said. . fuck it was fun as hell. . .

I don't agree with this post. Not sure what about streamers cheapens the league and adds more ammo to do those who discount football in north america. Just because some leagues in Europe don't do it doesn't mean it's "Cheap". South American teams do it and I wouldn't consider for example Boca Junior Football to be cheapened because of it. Not everything revolves around what he big European leagues do.

I believe the streamers being gone has caused more damage to our atmosphere then we would've liked. It was something pretty unique in Toronto and it played a major role in creating the atmosphere people used to go to BMO for. I say used to, because the atmosphere at BMO is all but gone.

Red4ever
04-13-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't agree with this post. Not sure what about streamers cheapens the league and adds more ammo to do those who discount football in north america. Just because some leagues in Europe don't do it doesn't mean it's "Cheap". South American teams do it and I wouldn't consider for example Boca Junior Football to be cheapened because of it. Not everything revolves around what he big European leagues do.

I believe the streamers being gone has caused more damage to our atmosphere then we would've liked. It was something pretty unique in Toronto and it played a major role in creating the atmosphere people used to go to BMO for. I say used to, because the atmosphere at BMO is all but gone.

plus 1!

ryan
04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
I miss it, it was hilarious and all the casual fans (my mates) who I bring with me to the games miss it too.

They are also harder to get to come out to games these days too..

Co-incidence? I think not!

Number Nine
04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Maybe we could bring it back for the CMNT games?

Yeah, can we?