PDA

View Full Version : TFC/BMO: Move the beer stand that is blocking the water fountain

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Sorry to cut into your profit but the beer stand right in front of the water fountain is

1) invisible
2) not accessible
3) the idiots who work there hassle people who try to get to the fountains.

Wagner
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM
So True.

Maybe someone of influence will take note.

It's pretty ridiculous where it's located.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Rocco: "Ugh, what is this shit?!"
Nitz: "It's Water Rocco"
Rocco: "Wa-ter"

Sorry, please resume intelligent conversation.

Agreed- not everyone's there to drink beer, or pay $4 for water...

Does anyone else remember when water was free??

ExiledRed
07-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Disgraceful

When bottled water is charged at double premium, despite the fact there is no shade roof, the season is midsummer, and the stadium is open for all ages, it is absolutely shocking that they make the water fountain inaccessible.

Ive also known it to 'stop working' and when this happens they dont offer alternatives.

Water should come round with the beer guy, it should be $1.00 a bottle, as well as the fountains being more accessible.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Disgraceful

When bottled water is charged at double premium, despite the fact there is no shade roof, the season is midsummer, and the stadium is open for all ages, it is absolutely shocking that they make the water fountain inaccessible.

Ive also known it to 'stop working' and when this happens they dont offer alternatives.

Water should come round with the beer guy, it should be $1.00 a bottle, as well as the fountains being more accessible.

Kind of like charging a $20 flate rate to park because of the CHIN picnic?

jayeden
07-03-2008, 09:32 AM
why charge 1 dollar when you can charge.......4

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 09:33 AM
you can park anywhere around the stadium..but blocking water on a hot summer day..when you are not allowed to bring in your own.

Damien
07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Toilet water is free ;)

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
You try it first- and tell me how it is :D

Damien
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
^ it's nutty

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I'll take your word for it.

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Toilet water is free ;)

I love how these people with power come here and brag about their accomplishments they do on paper.. "look RPB we listened to you and we got 4 water fountains!"

and yet have no idea what really goes on during the game.. I bet Marc has no idea that the water fountain is blocked.

Damien
07-03-2008, 10:15 AM
^ where you goin with that? i have little power in the group... im the lowly admin who makes little or no public appearance.

and yes, ill stick to my toilet water.

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 10:17 AM
^ where you goin with that? i have little power in the group... im the lowly admin who makes little or no public appearance.

and yes, ill stick to my toilet water.

I know you dont got shit! I was talking about Marc & Paul!

jaahuuu
07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Disgraceful

Not to mention that the bottles are made from crude oil, and having a container of water is a breeding ground for bacteria, especially compared to flowing water.

RedRum
07-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I asked mlsintoronto (remember those threads on the old board?) during the off-season if we could bring our own water into games on hot days and he assured me that we could. Guess it was just lip service...

Razor
07-03-2008, 11:21 AM
^ it's nutty

that was funny, but sick. :)

ExiledRed
07-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I asked mlsintoronto (remember those threads on the old board?) during the off-season if we could bring our own water into games on hot days and he assured me that we could. Guess it was just lip service...

Well last season, there were people with infants, having their kid's sip-cups emptied out at the gate, on really really hot days.

shocking.

Steve
07-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Well last season, there were people with infants, having their kid's sip-cups emptied out at the gate, on really really hot days.

shocking.

To be honest that probably had to do more with the pay grade of the people enacting the rules. Those working the gate are not the type of person that will use their own discretion, they will merely enact a rule ("No liquids allowed") they have been told to. I'm sure MLSE didn't instruct them to empty out kids cups (not that I'm saying that's what you're insinuating, but for the kids at home). Of course, MLSE maybe should have thought to give better instructions.

But, that aside, I agree with you. That was completely shocking and I hope to see a more proactive approach to the problem this year by both Marc and Paul. Allowing people to bring in water (or even selling water bottles at cost) will go a long way to ensuring a positive experience for your fans, as well as head off any potential negative press if something bad does happen. Personally, at least for now, I think you need to allow water to be brought into the stadium. You can't rely on concession stands to distribute it; as, even now, the stands can't keep up with demand. Add in water on a hot day, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Ryan1984
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
If you go to a food stand they will give you a cup of tap water for free

t.o_moose
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
calm down everyone.. MLSE is merely waiting for someone to die of heatstroke before they take action.. they've got it under control :noidea:

..then maybe they'll lower water/powerade prices to $3.75

On a serious note,
the water fountains were unobstructed last year and there were hardly any lineups for any of them.. so I doubt they were cutting into any profit margin.
On Tuesday someone in 113 fainted (most likely due to heat exhaustion) do you need anymore of a wake up call to ensure that this doesn't happen again?

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 12:05 PM

Why would i wait behind 50 people to get water when BMO Field advertises to have 4 water fountains and block them with a beer stand.

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
We'll be making a "FREE WATER" Banner.. meeting details coming up

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Deniz, I have a spare water cooler...

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:50 PM
We'll be making a "FREE WATER" Banner.. meeting details coming up

Kinda like nascar's "free the twins" banner?

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Deniz, I have a spare water cooler...

Bring it to the game.. Ladies and Gentleman, SSJ is proud to bring you cold water during these hot summer days. Our first "free water" station is located in the first row of 112.

Please follow the http://www.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/6/6/8/tiny/866611.jpg signs to locate the free water stations. If you wish to use the BMO field water fountains they can be found behind these stands http://www.nickfaber.com/images/carlsberg_logo.gif

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Kind of like charging a $20 flate rate to park because of the CHIN picnic?

Seriously...paying that $20 pissed me off so much. lol

Shaughno
:rofl: yes!

Mrs. Workie
Dude! We need supersoakers.....

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM

Why would you pay that? I paid $3.00 :D

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM

You're not the only one!!!! That was ridiculous!

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Why would you pay that? I paid $3.00 :D

I blame Workie...he listend to too many of those "Lamport is going to be full" threads....

blackandwhite
Dude! We need supersoakers.....

Bring the one you used at the last weekend's parade!

Parkdale
Kinda like nascar's "free the twins" banner?

did it work? were the twins ever set free?

alexintoronto
Harold Ballard owns TFC!?

Ballard booked The Beatles on each of their three North American tours from 1964–1966. On the second tour, in 1965, Ballard sold tickets for two shows, even though the agreement had been for only one. On the hot summer day of the concert, Ballard ordered the building's heat turned up, and the water fountains around the arena mysteriously stopped functioning. He also delayed both of the concerts for over an hour. The only available refreshments were large soft drinks from the concession stands which were sold for triple their original price.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I blame Workie...he listend to too many of those "Lamport is going to be full" threads....

I didn't see those threads, but I got there about half an hour before kickoff and there was still 1/4 of the parking spaces left at Lamport.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Bring the one you used at the last weekend's parade!

Shit, I forget where I put them....

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I didn't see those threads, but I got there about half an hour before kickoff and there was still 1/4 of the parking spaces left at Lamport.

He'd heard it somewhere...I forget where....we walked up to Shoeless before the game, and I almost cried...

Oh well, live and learn..

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Harold Ballard owns TFC!?

Are you telling me MLSE and BMO field would make people buy beer at the games by blocking water fountains on purpose???

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Where are all the Paul and Marc lovers???... When they come in here with
all the promises they get millions of thanks... So noone is gonna hold them responsible?

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I Want The Truth....

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Where are all the Paul and Marc lovers???... When they come in here with
all the promises they get millions of thanks... So noone is gonna hold them responsible?

I would think that keeping the water fountains accessible would be one of their underlings jobs.

hey Marc, I found a loose bolt in the stands. Can you go get a wrench and tighten it?

t.o_moose
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
we should just start huge lineups for the water fountains.. we'll stand beside the Carlsberg stand and tell everyone that there's free water if they line up slightly more to the right

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 01:07 PM
I would think that keeping the water fountains accessible would be one of their underlings jobs.

hey Marc, I found a loose bolt in the stands. Can you go get a wrench and tighten it?

Stop sucking so hard man... It's his job to make sure the underlings are doing their jobs...

This is not about a loose bolts and you know it... it's about the mentality of "how can we make more money out of this crowd."

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 01:07 PM
WTF?!?!?! I thought this thread was about parking. STOP TAKING IT OFF TOPIC ALREADY.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 01:10 PM
i thought we were talking about supersoakers, and freeing the twins...

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I Want The Truth....

8hGvQtumNAY

nascarguy
07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
why charge 1 dollar when you can charge.......4

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg
oh look paul got a hair cut......lol

Lenny Dikestra
07-03-2008, 01:14 PM
There better no be any water scalpers out there ..I will Lose it !!!!!

Troll
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
LOL... some of you guys are whiney bitches.

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
There better no be any water scalpers out there ..I will Lose it !!!!!

It's called MLSE.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 01:19 PM

it's not so bad once you come to terms with it

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
This thread has way too many jokes in it.

This is a symptom of a serious problem with TFC and BMO Field.

Yes they took unwarranted levels of shit and there were tons of innappropriate comments directed at them but the response should not be simply cutting off communication as they have done.

Oh wait, they talk to Jack every once in a while. Theres plenty of accountability! :rolleyes:

:confused:

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 01:22 PM

you mean whiny? :)

adamdz
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
That guy in 112 during Vancouver game is probably the first time I have seen someone pass out from heat (at least I think that's what happened to him). It is rather rediculous :/.

TicTacTabarnack
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Rocco: "Ugh, what is this shit?!"
Nitz: "It's Water Rocco"
Rocco: "Wa-ter"

Sorry, please resume intelligent conversation.

Agreed- not everyone's there to drink beer, or pay $4 for water...

Does anyone else remember when water was free??

No one picked up on the UnderGRADS quote, eh? Boy do I wish they had more than one season of that show.

Back to the conversation at hand...

Yeah... Water
Boo ... Sweet Sweet Nectar of the Gods!!!!! (if and only if stationed in from of the water fountain that the coolest Designated Drivers that come with us to BMO Field)

Rudi
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
i thought we were talking about supersoakers, and freeing the twins...
Those two things do go hand in hand.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM

Typically yeah. :lol:

Villeneuve, I caught it. When you know Mrs. Workie, you'll realize she can match you quote for quote when it comes to UG.

WUSSSSSY! YOU'RE WEAK.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Alpha Alpha!!!

Weiners Weiners Weiners, Put Them In Your Mouth!!

I think tonight will be "Undergads Marathon Night" at the Workies!

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM

I just thought of a great game to play when we go camping....

TheHollister
07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I didn't even know there were water fountains at BMO. :noidea:

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
^^ See. Damn you BMO! :lol:

I usually hit the one up by the guy's shitter/ATMat Gate 3 after the game.

Rudi
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I just thought of a great game to play when we go camping....
When and where is this camping you speak of...?

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm guessing it's in the woods in the middle of butt fuck nowhere. ;)

Kevvv
07-03-2008, 04:06 PM

I tried that for the first time Tuesday - no problem, she even asked if I wanted ice. Later that day, I asked a different woman for a cup of water, she says OK, adds a Disanti - I said NO, I WANT A CUP OF WATER NOT A BOTTLE, and proceed to tell her that they've done it before. FFS, I should've returned to the girl 15 feet away from her, that one was clueness.

Damned if I'm gonna pay $3 so Coke can sell me filtered tap water.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 04:08 PM
$3? I thought the water was $4? Which is why I've always opted for the Powerade.

Kevvv
07-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I duuno, $3, $4. Makes the beer seem cheaper, by comparison.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
When and where is this camping you speak of...?

July 25, 26 and 27th- check out the thread in the RPB section- All are welcome :D

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm guessing it's in the woods in the middle of butt fuck nowhere. ;)

Preety much- out in Vineland, where we went last year.

Rocco
07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
you can park anywhere around the stadium..but blocking water on a hot summer day..when you are not allowed to bring in your own.

I bring my own all the time! You guys just don't know how to sneak it in. I'll never leave home or go anyhwere without my water bottle.

Dave67
07-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Sorry to cut into your profit but the beer stand right in front of the water fountain is

1) invisible
2) not accessible
3) the idiots who work there hassle people who try to get to the fountains.

I contacted Marc today. He agrees the water fountain should not be blocked. They are looking right into it. If it's not improved by Saturday and someone manages to grab a photo post it and I'll email it to him.

Torcida
07-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm sick of Carlsberg, it's shit. Can you guys stop brining the candy/popcorn kid to the top of 109/110 aisle, he just gets in people's way and gets a "who are ya" every time.

Kickit09
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Only MLSE would block the water fountains on a hot day to make an extra buck. :mad:

adampz
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
for some reason this thread makes me thirsty...

TicTacTabarnack
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
WUSSSSSY! YOU'RE WEAK.

"Well that's the nicest thing a beer induced hallucination has ever said to me."

LOL ... I have to check out this camping trip. I'll bring the camper trailer, fill it with beer and park it right in front of the water fountain! We'll feel right at home like at BMO! :canada:

noochie
07-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm sick of Carlsberg, it's shit. Can you guys stop brining the candy/popcorn kid to the top of 109/110 aisle, he just gets in people's way and gets a "who are ya" every time.

I love Carlsberg, it makes my liver feel young again.

adampz
07-04-2008, 12:04 AM
who doesnt love imported beer? :)

Kickit09
07-04-2008, 01:12 AM
After all this interest in water fountains i can so see MLSE installing pay-fountains now.

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 07:01 AM
"Well that's the nicest thing a beer induced hallucination has ever said to me."

"But I haven't even copped a feel yet! What kind date rape is this?"

"Good thing I've never slept with any of my lady friends. We just play a little game I like to call unprotected sex!"

"But you can call me the Dougler...just like my dad does"

OK I'm done.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 07:08 AM
The Dougler!

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Connect 4 anyone?

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Don't forget about the Chilton Hall Mixer Tonight...there'll be free cheese....and Boggle!

MG42
07-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Kind of reminds me of an old Harold Ballard trick...

...He also expanded the number of concerts, entertainment acts, and conventions booked in the building. Ballard booked The Beatles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles) on each of their three North American tours from 1964–1966. On the second tour, in 1965, Ballard sold tickets for two shows, even though the agreement had been for only one. On the hot summer day of the concert, Ballard ordered the building's heat turned up, and the water fountains around the arena mysteriously stopped functioning. He also delayed both of the concerts for over an hour. The only available refreshments were large soft drinks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_drinks) from the concession stands which were sold for triple their original price.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Ballard