PDA

View Full Version : Is the Goose officially cooked? (ticket deal)

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-11-2011, 01:34 PM
https://www.eservusconcierge.com/online/DirectIndex.asp?Region=toronto&Type=event&GenreId=1&perf=1113

Azerban
04-11-2011, 01:42 PM
cool, a link

what's your thesis

Globetrotter
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Those prices are above face.

Look at the med gray. Face is 52 (premium). I think they charge shipping or something, but it's no savings.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-11-2011, 01:44 PM
seriously.
ill answer no based on the fact we're getting 17k to games even tho we seat 21k. if we drop to 9 or 5 than yes.

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Those prices are above face.

Look at the med gray. Face is 52 (premium). I think they charge shipping or something, but it's no savings.

Well it does say buy one get one free.

Globetrotter
04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
^hmmmm, nice deal. normally they just sell for over face.

ahh.... dc included. that's a no mover.

Darlofletch
04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
not so much cooked, just downgraded.

now it's duck a l'orange.

:leaving:

Azerban
04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
this isn't tfc, it's just some random company, we literally have no idea what the circumstances are

but yes, everything is doomed and the team will get moved to st louis in 2013

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 01:55 PM
If tickets continue to end up on Eservus and Travelzoo, if scalpers continue to offer people below face as you walk to the stadium TFC FO is going to have to lower our ticket prices for 2012. Not freeze them like they promised.

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
this isn't tfc, it's just some random company, we literally have no idea what the circumstances are

This isn't a random company. Promoter's with tickets (sports teams, music concerts, etc). use companies like this to dump tickets they are having problems selling.

TFC FO is doing such a bad job selling their remaining tickets that they have to resort to using these services.

ryan
04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
If tickets continue to end up on Eservus and Travelzoo, if scalpers continue to offer people below face as you walk to the stadium TFC FO is going to have to lower our ticket prices for 2012. Not freeze them like they promised.

And they'll want to be applauded for it, like they mean to "throw us a bone", while in reality they don't have much choice and their hand is somewhat forced.

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 02:05 PM
And they'll want to be applauded for it, like they mean to "throw us a bone", while in reality they don't have much choice and their hand is somewhat forced.

LOL. You are right.

Auzzy
04-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Note the FAQ for this website: "Eservus is only available for the exclusive use of tenants in member buildings." I don't know about Eservus, but TFC tickets have been available via other "concierge" companies almost since the beginning. I know, since I have access to a different service via work. Before getting seasons tickets, I often purchased tickets that way. TFC prices have varied in that case: definitely cheaper than regular single tickets plus Ticketmaster charges; sometimes lower than face. Note that such services have a service charge already built into the price they show.

So just the fact that a company like this is offering tickets, doesn't mean anything IMO. However, the apparent "2 for 1" deal in this case is good; probably sign of low demand, so they are getting rid of tickets cheaper. However, we can't be sure if this is very different from previous years, because we don't know what Eservus used to charge. Does anyone know?

TFC tickets on Travelzoo are a more reliable indicator of low demand IMO; also the prices now shown on Craigslist etc.

All in all, it's getting harder for SSH's to get rid of spare tickets at anything close to face value, or even out-of-pocket costs. That's definitely a problem.

Azerban
04-11-2011, 02:11 PM
This isn't a random company. Promoter's with tickets (sports teams, music concerts, etc). use companies like this to dump tickets they are having problems selling.

oh

well

never heard of it, looks like a child designed it, unironically uses dhtml, sorry for assuming it wasn't aligned with a multi-billion dollar corporation

e: and now i know why i haven't heard of it, at least

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
oh

well

never heard of it, looks like a child designed it, unironically uses dhtml, sorry for assuming it wasn't aligned with a multi-billion dollar corporation

e: and now i know why i haven't heard of it, at least

LOL. Have you seen the errors on MLS's official site? Particularly at re-launch?

yellowkitten
04-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Eservus has been selling TFC tix for select games since second year, I believe. The tix used to go very fast. A few hours and they'd be sold out. The 2-for-1 deal is definitely new though.

nialando
04-11-2011, 02:23 PM
this is definitely the first time I have seen this. I work in a building that has used this service for several years. just another sign of the depressing slow decline of this team.

dupont
04-11-2011, 02:32 PM
This website has been selling TFC since almost the beginning.
They also sell Leaf tickets and just about every other thing you can think of.
The 2 for 1 deal is obviously because of a drop in demand that can be seen in attendance of the games and box office ticket sales- but just appearing on this website doesn't mean anything.

ryan
04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Eservus has been selling TFC tix for select games since second year, I believe. The tix used to go very fast. A few hours and they'd be sold out. The 2-for-1 deal is definitely new though.

This is true, used to work in an eservus building.

nialando
04-11-2011, 02:46 PM
sorry i was slightly unclear. yes they have sold tickets for a while, this is the first time i have seen 2 for 1.

mdc 77
04-11-2011, 02:47 PM
So basically because of the tickets being offered at this fantastic deal, which you pretty much can't get, are you telling me I should just give up on this whole tfc fad now? Is this the slow decline to becomming the coyotes of mls?

nialando
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
thats exactly what I am saying

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Just thought it was a sad sign of the times when the ticket valued the most in the past is being sold as a 2 for 1 deal. Especially when Beckham has a very high probability of playing this time.

mdc 77
04-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Look demand is not what it has been the previous 4 years, but this is just a poor example of showing that.

Its tickets sold on a site that you need to be a "member" for. Its also sold out for the next two games. Also they were making you buy 3 tickets, not exactly 2 for one.

SuperTCP
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Eservus has been selling since year 1. And they used to sell out, and fast.

This year is first time they offered such a deal, a friend picked up a pair for tomorrow nights game for $50 (including fees).

Which works out to same price as my seasons in same section. MLSE needs to lower the STH price, if not they will lose some STH who can get same price or better elsewhere.

Roogsy
04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Look demand is not what it has been the previous 4 years, but this is just a poor example of showing that.

How about the fact that supporters seats are going unsold at face value? I have been trying to offload my tickets for this game, tickets that in previous years would see fights over them, I can't even sell them below face now. Is that a better example of the poor demand for TFC tickets this year?

ginkster88
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
How about the fact that supporters seats are going unsold at face value? I have been trying to offload my tickets for this game, tickets that in previous years would see fights over them, I can't even sell them below face now. Is that a better example of the poor demand for TFC tickets this year?

I don't really feel like standing and yelling for 90 on a Wednesday... that could be one reason...

Supporter's Seats have limited multi-use value to casual fans. Once they've done it once they don't need to go back; if they want to see the game they'll grab tickets from ticketmaster.

Whoop
04-12-2011, 10:04 AM

That's been going on for the last 2-3 years oddly enough.

I found it was easier to move tickets in the summer.

The only reason I can think of was people would prefer to be outside in the summer.

nfitz
04-12-2011, 10:07 AM
The way people are talking there's a lot of availability for tomorrow's game.

I just went to Ticketmaster, and the cheapest pair available was in light-blue (no surprise there) and even then it was Row 17 - which must be just about at the back. That's $139 for a pair.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we see our biggest-ever midweek crowd for an MLS game. Yes, ticket sales are weaker - but the sky hasn't fallen.

Whoop
04-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Problem is that tickets outside of the supporters section are way too expensive.

menefreghista
04-12-2011, 10:12 AM

I just went to Ticketmaster, and the cheapest pair available was in light-blue (no surprise there) and even then it was Row 17 - which must be just about at the back. That's $139 for a pair.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we see our biggest-ever midweek crowd for an MLS game. Yes, ticket sales are weaker - but the sky hasn't fallen.

You can get 8 tickets together still on ticketmaster for tomorrow's game.

Besides, our 2010 home opener v Seattle was our greatest mid-week attendance ever. That was a real sell out. I bet the LA game will have less people.

menefreghista
04-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Problem is that tickets outside of the supporters section are way too expensive.

Its not just that. The 'premium' games are too expensive at ALL price levels.

Roogsy
04-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Absolutely.

TFC's business director screwed the pooch on this one. I don't know anyone, but most importantly on the die-hard supporter side, that is willing to pay the kind of prices that they're asking for their premium seats. I gave up mine both because I was upset with TFC and because the price was getting ridiculous.

mdc 77
04-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Yes it is. lol

Roogs you don't have to give me examples like that I know first hand, I can't make it to nearly as many matches in the last year and a half and its been just about impossible to sell tickets, actually its been hard to just find takers for free tickets.

That can be and is a topic for discussion, this concierge service is not really discussion worthy in my eyes, its not a good barometer of ticket sales.

dupont
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM

I don't think anyone is arguing that demand isn't down. Anyone with eyes can clearly see there are more empty seats on TV now and tickets are available everywhere including ticketmaster and ticket trader on this very site etc...
So yes - demand for TFC tickets is very clearly down.

I just don't see what it accomplishes to make threads about it every time there is some new way to see it. We can all already see it easily!

It's not really our problem to deal with this.. it's MLSE's problem. I'll just keep enjoying the games and if they get people in the stadium good for them.. and if they don't, it's not my problem that they messed this up.

nfitz
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
You can get 8 tickets together still on ticketmaster for tomorrow's game.Cheaper than light-blue? It's been no secret that since they increased the light-blue prices this season they haven't been able to move them.

Besides, our 2010 home opener v Seattle was our greatest mid-week attendance ever. That was a real sell out. I bet the LA game will have less people.Our 2010 game against Seattle had only just over 18,000 - I expect we will beat that easily - hmm, though that was a Sunday.

I thought our 2010 home opener was against Philadelphia ... just looking - that was a Thursday night, with almost 22,000. Ah, - a home opener might be tough to beat. What's number 2?

ryan
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't think anyone is arguing that demand isn't down. Anyone with eyes can clearly see there are more empty seats on TV now and tickets are available everywhere including ticketmaster and ticket trader on this very site etc...
So yes - demand for TFC tickets is very clearly down.

I just don't see what it accomplishes to make threads about it every time there is some new way to see it. We can all already see it easily!

It's not really our problem to deal with this.. it's MLSE's problem. I'll just keep enjoying the games and if they get people in the stadium good for them.. and if they don't, it's not my problem that they messed this up.

Lets get all the 15K SSH to put aside 2G's over the next year and offer to buy the club for 25 million before MLSE drives all interest away. :hump:

Players love us, the coaches love us, we'd sell this place out every night without MLSE's antics! :drinking:

menefreghista
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Cheaper than light-blue? It's been no secret that since they increased the light-blue prices this season they haven't been able to move them.

Our 2010 game against Seattle had only just over 18,000 - I expect we will beat that easily - hmm, though that was a Sunday.

I thought our 2010 home opener was against Philadelphia ... just looking - that was a Thursday night, with almost 22,000. Ah, - a home opener might be tough to beat. What's number 2?

I meant Philadelphia, just got the teams mixed up there. My point was that our 2010 home opener was a real sell out. And it was on a weekday.

This season TFC couldn't sell out its home opener on a Saturday.

nfitz
04-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I meant Philadelphia, just got the teams mixed up there. My point was that our 2010 home opener was a real sell out. And it was on a weekday.Yes sorry, I forgot about that one - I don't think we will beat it. I was just thinking of the typical rainy Wednesday/Thursday night.

So let me rephrase ... "Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we see our biggest-ever midweek crowd for an MLS game, other than home-openers". :)

I'm only speaking off-the-top-of-my-head though .... so perhaps I'm still wrong! What was our number 2 weekday MLS attendance?

menefreghista
04-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes sorry, I forgot about that one - I don't think we will beat it. I was just thinking of the typical rainy Wednesday/Thursday night.

So let me rephrase ... "Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we see our biggest-ever midweek crowd for an MLS game, other than home-openers". :)

I'm only speaking off-the-top-of-my-head though .... so perhaps I'm still wrong! What was our number 2 weekday MLS attendance?

I think this will probably be our highest attendance all season. With the only possible exception being De Rosario's return in October.

babone
04-12-2011, 12:23 PM
I have been trying to get seats from ticket master for Saturday games in May with no luck other then row 20 somthing in section 227.

I'm thinking scalpers picked up seats thinking the boom is still in effect and now are looking to cover tyhier losses.

ginkster88
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I have been trying to get seats from ticket master for Saturday games in May with no luck other then row 20 somthing in section 227.

I'm thinking scalpers picked up seats thinking the boom is still in effect and now are looking to cover tyhier losses.

You can pick them up on other sites... for DC United, $50 pair for row 14 in 119 was the cheapest I saw.

Torontotonto
04-12-2011, 06:57 PM
seriously.
ill answer no based on the fact we're getting 17k to games even tho we seat 21k. if we drop to 9 or 5 than yes.

I think it's more like were getting 17k to games even though we seat 24k with the new north stands, which have been half empty so far this year.

Pookie
04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Outside of the farce that is per game pricing, the biggest scam has to be "Premium Game" pricing.

In a league that has a big ol' parity stamp all over it, the idea of premium games is absolutely nuts.

I know MLSE is exploring "Dynamic ticket pricing", a spin off of premium pricing where the price of the single game ticket fluctuates based on demand but really... in MLS.... is this really even a factor?

boban
04-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I think it's more like were getting 17k to games even though we seat 24k with the new north stands, which have been half empty so far this year.
no.. we're getting 19K and we seat 22K.

Auzzy
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
With a Lingerie Football League franchise coming to town starting this fall, it's soon going to be 10k at BMO. :D

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/973773--toronto-to-get-lingerie-football-team?bn=1

babone
04-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Any suggestions on website that won't screw me? and one other note I can't see MLSE dropping prices but I can see them adding more value i.e. international or nutrilite included at no cost.

(I'd take a keg of Carlsberg)

ryan
04-12-2011, 09:48 PM
With a Lingerie Football League franchise coming to town starting this fall, it's soon going to be 10k at BMO. :D

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/973773--toronto-to-get-lingerie-football-team?bn=1

So do you just show up and ....http://www.vsndaily.com/images/smilies/fap.gif

Brooker
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I Am Offended! I Am Offended!

nfitz
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we see our biggest-ever midweek crowd for an MLS game. Yes, ticket sales are weaker - but the sky hasn't fallen.Though today I'm seeing pairs in light-grey and yellow ... I guess they just released them.

DangerRed
04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
One of the two buddies I sit with is offering his ticket to tonight's match for free because he can't make it. No takers. Another guy I know who sits in the south end has been trying to give away a pair. No takers.

Maybe they're being picky in that they only want to give them to friends rather than complete strangers, but boy, the times, they are a-changin'.

nfitz
04-14-2011, 01:39 AM
22,453 - smashed the old attendance record.

After 3 games, average attendance this year is ahead of last year and higher than ever.

Looks like the goose has a reprieve.

MFG1
04-14-2011, 04:21 AM
no way it was a sellout, i call bs

ochos
04-14-2011, 04:59 AM
There weren't many empty seats.

rocker
04-14-2011, 09:32 AM
no way it was a sellout, i call bs

definitely a sellout. about 30 minutes in it was as packed as ever.

the beckham variable being the main reason.

menefreghista
04-14-2011, 09:35 AM
It was definitely a sell out. I'm wondering where they fit the 400 people above capacity?

It hasn't been that packed since last seasons home opener.

The big question now is will the attendance improve for the less glamorous games, or was this just a blip.

Roogsy
04-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Can we get Beckham to play for every team that visits Toronto? Paul B would love that!

Pookie
04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
^ Every game would be a "premium game".

Funny concept, premium games.

I remember the season where Beckham didn't play but the LA game was a premium one. We had RSL as one of the last (if not the last) home game of the season with playoff implications and it was nearly 30-40% off the LA prices.

I really think it is a silly concept in this league.... well, unless you like price gouging then it is brilliant.

rocker
04-14-2011, 09:51 AM
It was definitely a sell out. I'm wondering where they fit the 400 people above capacity?

i noticed many people in those disabled seat areas in front me, which are usually empty, plus all the private boxes were full (usually the ones in the north corner are lightly used in most games, if at all).

Yohan
04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
22,453 - smashed the old attendance record.

After 3 games, average attendance this year is ahead of last year and higher than ever.

Looks like the goose has a reprieve.
Never seen BMO about 90% at start of kick off

Roogsy
04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Never seen BMO about 90% at start of kick off

Watching Goldenballs practice must be a thrill... :rolleyes:

jabbronies
04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Watching Goldenballs practice must be a thrill... :rolleyes:

Fucking hell, During the pre-game practice, the video screen was a Beckham cam watch...it was kind of fucked.

TFC see's the value in having a mega superstar be the focus of gameday - think they'll pony up and get someone of that stature??