PDA

View Full Version : Pregame- TFC Vs Galaxy Wednesday April 13

bman27
04-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Will we see JDG Start? the Real Nana or will his injury keep nagging him. Will Santos start to become comfortable in the Am role?

Heres hoping!

One thing is for sure- I will be Booing the Shit out of Landycakes and Goldenballs!

Canada72
04-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Donovan didn't travel with LA to DC so I'm guessing he will not be at BMO??

ryan
04-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm rockin with excitement over this match. After the draw in San Jose I think this team has more it wants to prove to themselves. This match is an opportunity to do just that.

I think JDG needs to start this one, he'll be vital to us getting points. But if he can't, he can't... and Tchani will have his hands full then.

Pachuco
04-11-2011, 10:36 AM
The way LA has been playing this year, I would think we can pick up our second win of the season at home.

* I hope to see JDG and Tchani in the middle for an entire 90 minutes.
* I will be depressed if Stevanovic is still hurt and doesn't start this game.
* It will be interesting to see Barrett wearing white if he plays. I'll definately give him my respect when he's introduced, after that he's thy enemy.
* And here is to hoping that Winter finds the right mix of defensive players for the back line.

There are still plenty of tickets available on Ticketmaster for a Beckham game. Unbelievable if you ask me. Nobody gives a shit about Beckham anymore, and hardly anyone seems to give a shit about TFC these days.

Dreadlocks
04-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Does that mean Peterson starts as RB? I'd like to give him the chance.

Pachuco
04-11-2011, 10:44 AM

Actually, he did some good covering in the 2nd half at right back. I would prefer taking a shot at him there then watching Harden get destroyed by Landycakes if he plays.

bman27
04-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Im wondering if we will see more of the Peterson at RB experiment, with Winter Singing his praises after San Jose. He didn't look bad in the position, and joined the attack more in ten minutes then Harden did the whole first half

Ossington Mental Youth
04-11-2011, 10:50 AM
i suspect we will see the exact same line up yet again with almost the same subs (depending on injuries etc), looking forward to this game as testing TFCs true mettle

tfcleeds
04-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Finally, my chance to boo/curse the shit out of Beckham. He'd better be ready for the barrage of abuse should he take any corners by 112/111.

RedsYNWA
04-11-2011, 10:54 AM
I think if we can snag 6 or 7 points from our next 3 home games it will give the lads confidence and ease the pain for the supporters......winning cures

P-NUTZ
04-11-2011, 10:55 AM
it will be an awesome game - i say a 2-1 won for the good guys.

mastermixer
04-11-2011, 10:57 AM

I still don't understand why Winter has been experimenting with CB's at the fullback positions. First Cann and now Harden. Harden is too slow to be controlling the ball up and down the sideline.

scooterTFC
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Im wondering if we will see more of the Peterson at RB experiment, with Winter Singing his praises after San Jose. He didn't look bad in the position, and joined the attack more in ten minutes then Harden did the whole first half

Ironically I was roundly criticized in the SJ pregame thread for even suggesting that Winter might experiment with Peterson at RB. I'm feeling slighty vinidicated that it actually happened in the game, and it seemed to be at least modestly successful (he was better then Harden). I'm not suggesting he's the long term RB solution. But with some practice time at that position Peterson might bring more of the posession and attacking qualities the Winter seems to value from his FB's then the other options on the roster. If he gets comfotable with the positioning then I think we could see him gain enough confidence to push forward join the attack, would be nice to see him make some overlapping run's up the right.

ryan
04-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I still don't understand why Winter has been experimenting with CB's at the fullback positions. First Cann and now Harden. Harden is too slow to be controlling the ball up and down the sideline.

I think part of it is that CB's will find themselves out there and need to be comfortable in that role.

I think another part of it is for Winter to gauge his players overall ability in game situations.

GBV
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Damn. Was/am looking forward to seeing him live for the first time.

-- ducks --

mastermixer
04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I think Donovan will be playing... he was only rested for the DC match because of the crowded schedule this week. I'm guessing he will be ready to play against us.

DangerRed
04-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I think we're in for a beating. Sorry. TFC 1 - 3 LAG final.

Donovan or not, they're an excellent team.

I'll be pleasantly surprised with a draw and thrilled if we win. It's still a night game at BMO, so I'm pumped to get out to the ground anyway!

:scarf:

Dreadlocks
04-11-2011, 11:20 AM

Winter's hand has more or less been forced. Game 1 vs the Whitecaps, you can't keep Cann out of the line-up and I'm sure Harden had been training in the middle with Nana since Cann walked out of camp. The rest of the matches, your only options to replace Gargan at RB would have been Harden and Nana and clearly to me Winter wants Nana in the middle where he doesn't really have to run with the ball. Now with Tchani on the team with Deguzman in the line-up, you have to find a way to fit Peterson in so the logical place is RB.

I really hope he does well cause I've been a fan of his since he came last year.

Pachuco
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
I think we're in for a beating. Sorry. TFC 1 - 3 LAG final.

Donovan or not, they're an excellent team.

I'll be pleasantly surprised with a draw and thrilled if we win. It's still a night game at BMO, so I'm pumped to get out to the ground anyway!

I haven't been impressed with them at all this year. They've looked like absolutely crap in most of the games I've watched them play. If they score 3 goals on us at home I will be shocked. They may be good on paper, but don't have it figured out as of yet.

scooterTFC
04-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Any thoughts on formation? I think we'll see something like this:
---------------------Frei---------------------
Peterson--------Harden---Cann--------Borman
----------Tchani-------Yourassky/JDG---------
--------------------Santos--------------------
Martina-----------------------------Stevanovic
-------------------Gordon---------------------

Winter favours Harden and Peterson, so they will play. As JDG is progresses and is capable of playing more mins, I think we might see Peterson getting more time at RB. Beckham is playing in the central midfield for the Galaxy, so Winter will want to counter that. It sounds like JDG isn't ready to go a full 90, but if he can go 60mins then maybe he gets the start instead of coming on as a 2nd half sub. Its a toss-up between Zavarise and Yourassky for who alternates with JDG. The decision probably depends on who start the game and the situation/need (if JDG starts then probably Zavarise off the bench, If JDG is going to join as sub in the 2nd half then I woudl bet on Yourassky to start ahead of Zavarise).

jloome
04-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I haven't been impressed with them at all this year. They've looked like absolutely crap in most of the games I've watched them play. If they score 3 goals on us at home I will be shocked. They may be good on paper, but don't have it figured out as of yet.

Yeah, gotta agree. They look quite disorganized still.

But they have a lot of individual ability, so it's always tough playing them.

mdc 77
04-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Galaxy hasn't looked good this year, we are playing well as a team...I see a hard fought 2-1 TFC win.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-11-2011, 11:34 AM

I agree, that being said they are a grinder of a team so i can see a 2-1 over us however I hope im wrong and we surprise everyone. I hate predicting football.

jloome
04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I can see another tie likely.

Darlofletch
04-11-2011, 11:37 AM
They haven't really looked all that good yet this season, struggling to integrate the new guys I suppose, hopefully it takes them at least one more game.
I'm hopeful we can get at least a draw out of this one, especially if donovan misses this game as well.

anyway, now he's about to become the enemy, I need to finally change my avatar away from barrett. he's going to score against us isn't he?

Oldtimer
04-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I can see another tie likely.

Agreed. The Galaxy seem bent on having ties to start the season, almost like last year.

I need to finally change my avatar away from barrett. he's going to score against us isn't he?

Of course. Ex-TFC players always score against us (almost). If he's classy, he'll be like Robbo and downplay the celebration. If he celebrates in our faces, he'll be a new "bad guy."

Of course it is Chad we're talking about, and he may just have a great chance that he misses.

Suds
04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
They haven't really looked all that good yet this season, struggling to integrate the new guys I suppose, hopefully it takes them at least one more game.
I'm hopeful we can get at least a draw out of this one, especially if donovan misses this game as well.

anyway, now he's about to become the enemy, I need to finally change my avatar away from barrett. he's going to score against us isn't he?

I agree that overall LA has looked average this year, but they have some good talent on that team. I think it is just a matter of time until they find their groove. They also look good on their counter attack and we hve been bad defending strong counters. This is where I think LA can hurt us.

backbeat
04-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Any thoughts on formation? I think we'll see something like this:
Peterson--------Harden---Cann--------Borman
----------Tchani-------Yourassky/JDG---------
Martina-----------------------------Stevanovic

Winter favours Harden and Peterson, so they will play. As JDG is progresses and is capable of playing more mins, I think we might see Peterson getting more time at RB. Beckham is playing in the central midfield for the Galaxy, so Winter will want to counter that. It sounds like JDG isn't ready to go a full 90, but if he can go 60mins then maybe he gets the start instead of coming on as a 2nd half sub. Its a toss-up between Zavarise and Yourassky for who alternates with JDG. The decision probably depends on who start the game and the situation/need (if JDG starts then probably Zavarise off the bench, If JDG is going to join as sub in the 2nd half then I woudl bet on Yourassky to start ahead of Zavarise).

I'd love to see Peterson make a successful transition to RB. He can handle the ball and push forward - would certainly provide more depth for the back line and if we could add a solid CB who was comfortable on the ball and could distribute it along with a DP AM in the summer window we'd have a pretty nice looking line-up.

I really hope Donovan stays home and doesn't play wednesday - increases our chances - i'm thinking tie

can't wait to cheer Barrett onto the pitch and boo him off of it....

Auzzy
04-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Of course. Ex-TFC players always score against us (almost).

Unless they provide an assist FOR us... :D

ManUtd4ever
04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Barrett will score against us, as ex TFC players usually do, and the game will likely end in a draw.

Fort York Redcoat
04-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Kirvoski out so Becks may play all game. Wow. I'd say we'll see Donavon and Barrett. Has Dunivant scored on us yet? Maybe he'll hoof it to Barrett.

I still think we got this one

TFC 2-1 LA

ryan
04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
2:1 Toronto. Santos gets off the snide and Martina does something pretty.

bman27
04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Finally, my chance to boo/curse the shit out of Beckham. He'd better be ready for the barrage of abuse should he take any corners by 112/111.

Two pages in and I love that its the two leeds Supporters that are the only ones mentioning Beckham abuse. old habits die hard lol

Gazza
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
If Landy plays, we have to expect at least 1 penalty shot against us. So hopefully we can bag a few goals and pull this one out.

Huyton
04-11-2011, 01:34 PM
One of these things is not like the others
One of these things is not the same...

Oldtimer
04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Unless they provide an assist FOR us... :D

:lol: Good point.

MG42
04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Statement game for Gordon and the Chad, hope to see Gordon with his 3rd in a row.

TFCwestcan
04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Of course although Gordon came from Chivas he played a long while in LA and he might continue his hot spell with a goal.

Speaking of Ex-players, I noticed O'Brian White was the toast of the MLS site, sheese.

zooko62000
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
All I want for my birthday is a TFC WIN!!

zorsofstesab
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
I hope Toledo is not the ref. He has the ability to ruin a game.

LVD07
04-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Absolutely pumped for this match. Will also be the first time that me and my buddy stand in 112 as I bought tickets from another buddy of mine. Who needs Beckham when we have Stephanovic. Come on you reds!!!

denime
04-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Absolutely pumped for this match. Will also be the first time that me and my buddy stand in 112 as I bought tickets from another buddy of mine. Who needs Beckham when we have SteVanovic. Come on you reds!!!

True and fixed ;)

QSIM
04-11-2011, 05:36 PM
I want to remain optimistic but I have a nasty feeling that this could be a breakout game for an under-performing LA side. Fuck it. 1-0 TFC, performance of the year by Frei.

TFCRegina
04-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I want to remain optimistic but I have a nasty feeling that this could be a breakout game for an under-performing LA side. Fuck it. 1-0 TFC, performance of the year by Frei.

Frei scores...you heard it here first.

TFC14
04-11-2011, 05:41 PM
I like that idea we need someone secure at RB

Davenport
04-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I like that idea we need someone secure at RB
He's poor at his normal position.
As a defender he'll not just be caught out of position a lot but a fast winger will do him every time.

SoccMan
04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Wow you can still get 8 tickets together for this game, I just tried it on ticketmaster and was able to get 8 tickets together in the north stand. If TFC can't sell out this match with Becks playing then I don't think we will be seeing any games sold out this year. It only took 5 years for the hottest ticket in town to not be so hot anymore.

backbeat
04-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow you can still get 8 tickets together for this game, I just tried it on ticketmaster and was able to get 8 tickets together in the north stand. If TFC can't sell out this match with Becks playing then I don't think we will be seeing any games sold out this year. It only took 5 years for the hottest ticket in town to not be so hot anymore.

piss poor management over 4 years and zero playoffs will do it

it's amazing how many still come out - speaks to the passion...

if they turn it around now, and i think they will, i really believe they'll build a stronger, stickier base for a long, long future....i'd like to think we were on the front end of a tradition that they point back to decades from now.....

:scarf: GO REDS!! :scarf:

tfc2008
04-11-2011, 07:01 PM

Lineup Galaxy - Dc

LA Galaxy: Donovan Ricketts; A.J. DeLaGarza, Omar Gonzalez, Leonardo, Todd Dunivant; Sean Franklin, Juninho, David Beckham© (Jovan Kirovski 81’), Mike Magee; Juan Pablo Angel (Chad Barrett 90’), Miguel Lopez (Paolo Cardozo 75’).

Donovan played 90 min

rocker
04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Lineup Galaxy - Dc

Donovan played 90 min

that's the other donovan.

Auzzy
04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
^ Yup. Check here: http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter-recap/late-davies-penalty-salvages-point-united

"LA traveled to the nation’s capital without Landon Donovan, who was held out with a leg injury."

daner90
04-12-2011, 01:27 AM
i really hope we don't see Ty Harden in this match...

DichioTFC
04-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Everyone's calling 2-1 here. I'm thinking the same, hoping we'll get out to a 2-0 lead, let in a late goal, but still manage to hold on and pick up 3 points.

DichioTFC
04-12-2011, 04:09 AM
From the LA Galaxy website:

QUESTIONABLE – Landon Donovan (Right Knee – Inflammation)

WITHOUT THE CAPTAIN: For the first time since the Galaxy’s trip to Toronto in 2008, Landon Donovan missed a game through injury, missing the 1-1 draw with D.C. United as a precautionary measure after taking a knock on his right knee in the 1-0 win over Philadelphia on April 2. As a result of the injury, Donovan did not accompany the team to Washington D.C.

Doesn't look like he's coming to Toronto (apparently the Galaxy are already in town right now)

James17930
04-12-2011, 05:24 AM
I hope to see Yura out there somewhere on the left, whether LB or LW.

But I honestly don't know whom we should put at RB. I don't know if Peterson is a good long-term option.

What about Morgan?

mastermixer
04-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know the status of Stevanovic? He left the game early on Saturday.

ManUtd4ever
04-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Winter always keeps his lineup decisions close to the vest. I doubt we'll know the status of Stevanovic until game time.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2011, 08:36 AM
even tho we are playing one of the better teams in the league i still feel pretty positive about this like we could walk away with a win

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2011, 08:36 AM
maybe shoot up to 14th on Ives power rankings :D

tfcleeds
04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
I'd sure like to see Santos end his mini-slump and get on the scoresheet in this match. And Gordon to nick a goal against one of his former clubs. Eh, 2-1 TFC, why the heck not?

Kc17
04-12-2011, 08:41 AM
3-1 TFC in a statement game.

The defense has been improving every game, I think it just comes down to Nana getting healthy, and finding a solution at right back. Attacking wise we'll continue to do fine. I'd play JDG and Tchani together right from the start, to really stop LA before they can even get going.

ryan
04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
maybe shoot up to 14th on Ives power rankings :D

Probably fall down to 17th for not beating them by enough.

Musse
04-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey guys, i've been following tfc since 2007 but living in calgary i was stuck watching every game on tv.

I will finally be able to go see my first live game a BMO when im in toronto on April 23 against columbus!!!!
I would LOVE to get a seat with the famed RPB section....anyone willing to sell me a ticket, please!!!

Dreadlocks
04-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I say Stefanovic sits out or plays limited minutes with Borman being pushed up to the wing and Yourass playing wing back. Deguzman starts with Tchani and plays a full 90 or very close to. Peterson will be at RB if for no other reason, to keep him in the first 11 - he deserves it. Nana and Cann will hold the middle down with Harden ready to come in - check that, Harden starts and Nana sits as a precaution but may come in as a late or tactical sub. Gordon starts up top but may get substituted for Zavarise pushing Santos up to his natural spot.

Final score imo - 3-2 Reds!

denime
04-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Hey guys, i've been following tfc since 2007 but living in calgary i was stuck watching every game on tv.

I will finally be able to go see my first live game a BMO when im in toronto on April 23 against columbus!!!!
I would LOVE to get a seat with the famed RPB section....anyone willing to sell me a ticket, please!!!

Did you check here:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=26640

It's ticket trader for that game.

denime
04-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I say SteVanovic sits out or plays limited minutes with Borman being pushed up to the wing and Yourass playing wing back. Deguzman starts with Tchani and plays a full 90 or very close to. Peterson will be at RB if for no other reason, to keep him in the first 11 - he deserves it. Nana and Cann will hold the middle down with Harden ready to come in - check that, Harden starts and Nana sits as a precaution but may come in as a late or tactical sub. Gordon starts up top but may get substituted for Zavarise pushing Santos up to his natural spot.

Final score imo - 3-2 Reds!

And why would you sit SteVanovic who was our best player last game?

Unless you know his injury status and he can't play,yeah sit him down,but if he is healthy c'mon he has to play.

Peterson--------Harden---Cann--------Borman/Yourass
----------Tchani-------------JDG---------
Martina-----------------------------Stevanovic/Plata

Dreadlocks
04-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Unless you know his injury status and he can't play,yeah sit him down,but if he is healthy c'mon he has to play.

Oh 100% if he is fit, he plays. I was just thinking that we also play again in 3 days so if he's less than say 85% why risk it. 3 games in 7 days will be tough!

Agree with your line up....:hump:

backbeat
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Yourassovski---Williams---Cann--------Borman

I'd rather see what Williams can do at CB rather than Harden and if Yourassovski or Borman can play RB then one of them, if not Peterson.

Yohan
04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
considering how defensive Arena has the Galaxy playing, I expect a 1-1 draw

pekduck
04-12-2011, 10:46 AM
considering how defensive Arena has the Galaxy playing, I expect a 1-1 draw

Our offense is improving, defense still have lapses and coverage/position issues. Given the effective passing LA has in their midfield, I also concur that Arena may adopt a defensive counter attack approach to send in couple of through balls in that Barrett may be able to get a couple shots in (hope not on target).

Of course, if we have JDG and Tchani both starting, then they can effective shut down Juninho and Beckham or at least taking away much of the passing lane for LA to be lethal.

Just hope Santos can step up and play AM effectively, but I'd rather have Santo the CF and Gordon in the hole.

TFC1154ever
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I hope that yourassowsky starts. Really thought he was one of are best players against chivas. Like how he's always jumping in and helping the wing.

2mil4dero+santo
04-12-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm having an impossible time trying to predict the outcome of this game. LA haven't been playing well, but I worry they'll have a breakout game - there's too much talent on their team to suck all year. On the other hand I feel like TFC are starting to get comforatble and we saw flashes of decent play last game, especially the 2nd half.
I'm excited about this game, it really could go either way.

2mil4dero+santo
04-12-2011, 12:29 PM

I really hope stevanovich plays, I'm worried that we haven't heard anything about his injury... does anyone know what the seriousness of his injury was? Was it just a knock or a more serious problem?
His technique and calmness on the ball is miles ahead of most players on this team.

bman27
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I really hope stevanovich plays, I'm worried that we haven't heard anything about his injury... does anyone know what the seriousness of his injury was? Was it just a knock or a more serious problem?
His technique and calmness on the ball is miles ahead of most players on this team.

It almost looked to me like Winter took him out almost as a precaution, he did go down a couple times but it didn't IMHO look like it got to him. Maybe he just took him out to make sure we had him at 100% for tomorrow. a tfc manager possibly thinking ahead..... jesus :drinking:

Ossington Mental Youth
04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
dude also hasnt played consistently in a while as a result hes prob still not match fit but close to it

2mil4dero+santo
04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
It almost looked to me like Winter took him out almost as a precaution, he did go down a couple times but it didn't IMHO look like it got to him. Maybe he just took him out to make sure we had him at 100% for tomorrow. a tfc manager possibly thinking ahead..... jesus :drinking:

Well lets hope you're right, I just wish we would hear something confirming one way or the other.

lol Winter writes a letter and the media is all over it, but I can't find one article on the injury status of our best player last game.

Darlofletch
04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.lagalaxy.com/stats
as a good example of why i hate david beckham, and just for shits and giggles really, check out his photo on the la website, and compare it to the juninho photo beside him.

ridiculously vain.

fair enough for you underwear or perfume ads you want to look your best with fancy lighting and airbrushing and all that, but for your profile shot for the team website? man up and have the same awkward mediocre photos the rest of the team has.

mastermixer
04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
^Wow. That pic gave me douche chills.

rocker
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I just wish we would hear something confirming one way or the other.

Personally I don't need to know on a Tuesday whether he's playing or not. LOL.

What matters is whether he's on the field when the whistle goes.

Nodoubtguy
04-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Winter on TFC tv, says Stevanovic is ready

2mil4dero+santo
04-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Awesome! thanks...

Sweeper
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
as a good example of why i hate david beckham, and just for shits and giggles really, check out his photo on the la website, and compare it to the juninho photo beside him.

ridiculously vain.

fair enough for you underwear or perfume ads you want to look your best with fancy lighting and airbrushing and all that, but for your profile shot for the team website? man up and have the same awkward mediocre photos the rest of the team has.

He doesn't even look real. Looks like an animated cartoon character.

Dreadlocks
04-12-2011, 02:14 PM

ridiculously vain.

Not a fan of the dude but in all fairness, I don't believe he has much to do about what pic appears on his profile page. As a matter of fact, he may not have even seen it!

drexel10
04-12-2011, 02:15 PM

ridiculously vain.

LOL! That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. hehehehehe

flatpicker
04-12-2011, 02:16 PM
They've got some crappy Photoshop people working in the LA office.

Dreadlocks
04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
^This 100%! Somebody should be fired and sent over to Disney!

jloome
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
But for anyone wondering, he's still a good player. Leading Galaxy in assists and has the most fouls against him, too, which given that he's not a great dribbler is telling.

ginkster88
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
They've also moved him inside this year as well.

ryan
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM

All I've been looking to hear all day.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

ManUtd4ever
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Alright now I'm pumped. Stevanovic is ready to to go and Donovan didn't travel with the Galaxy. The odds for a good result just got better.

mastermixer
04-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Alright now I'm pumped. Stevanovic is ready to to go and Donovan didn't travel with the Galaxy. The odds for a good result just got better.

Is Donovan confirmed not to play? He didnt travel to DC but doesnt mean he won't be playing tomorrow.

rocker
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Donovan didn't travel to TO? What's wrong with the wrist-sniffer?

Gazza
04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd like to see Stevanovic run Becks rampant. See if he and Yourass can goad him into taking a red card out of frustration.

Gazza
04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Donovan didn't travel to TO? What's wrong with the wrist-sniffer?

Is that what he does? I always thought he was attempting to do the sign of the cross but lacked the motor skills to land it.

ManUtd4ever
04-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I was referring to this post earlier in the thread...

From the LA Galaxy website:

Doesn't look like he's coming to Toronto (apparently the Galaxy are already in town right now)

dantdot
04-12-2011, 03:45 PM
PB's twitter:

http://twitpic.com/4k3oqh#

Bitchy 2.0

Canada72
04-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Donvan listed as Questionable

LA INJURY REPORT
OUT – Gregg Berhalter (Left MCL – Sprain), Adam Cristman (Left Knee – Surgery)
DOUBTFUL – None
QUESTIONABLE – Landon Donovan (Right Knee – Inflammation), Hector Jimenez (Right Wrist – Surgery)
PROBABLE – None

DichioTFC
04-12-2011, 03:49 PM

ridiculously vain.

LOL great find.

69Chevy396
04-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't know, I like Donovon, perhaps the best American player in a long time, made his quality known during the world cup, made many so called English superstars look ordinary, during the wc and while he was in the EPL last year. For me he is a sign that MLS is not a bum league after all.

Technorgasm
04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Barrett will score against us, as ex TFC players usually do, and the game will likely end in a draw.

This.

-TechnorB

flatpicker
04-12-2011, 05:15 PM
PB's twitter:

Bitchy 2.0

Our new mascot???

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/275629049.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302647494&Signature=KsZR9toBCk5Iv9yS2SxdxMWsPac%3D

Batman
04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Our new mascot???

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/275629049.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302647494&Signature=KsZR9toBCk5Iv9yS2SxdxMWsPac%3D

wtf is that? it looks like an animal impaled on a stake!

ryan
04-12-2011, 05:43 PM
PB's twitter:

Bitchy 2.0

LOL

I thought that was a dog hunched over about to drop a deuce on our pitch!

flatpicker
04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe it's our new striker?

TorontoGooner
04-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Is there a march tomorrow?

flatpicker
04-12-2011, 06:04 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/tfcwolf.jpg

nfitz
04-12-2011, 06:18 PM
LOL.

I wonder if they could get the same effect by replacing all those cops with cardboard cut-outs ... maybe the drunks are not that smart either!!

Ageroo
04-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Public enemy #1 & #2...NEVER FORGET. :)

http://www.savetheintern.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/landon_donovan_1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-L-RQGZMdx8c/TZJCQIKbuTI/AAAAAAAAA9c/VNYOgK5amNM/s1600/landon_big_moustache.jpg

http://alltopmovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/david-beckham_1422580i.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/17/article-1258589-08C074B0000005DC-494_636x465.jpg

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/patrick/wjqBgBCftxfDldDosAEeJhmdssHClznrEFbashnBouffmfsCll FDzDwiIbrd/media_httpstaticguimcoukGuardianfootballgallery200 9jul19losangelesgalaxydavidbeckhamGuyFerneyhough63 76jpeg_bJikqDhlDzkfjeB.jpeg.scaled1000.jpg

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Anyone heading to Shoeless for some Champions League this afternoon??? Thought id start early...:)

I gota feeling the southend will be crazy tonight!

drexel10
04-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Not for our game tonight, but have we ever had a promo for a game like this one by RSL???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d402npSyeF0&feature=player_embedded

Jenkins12
04-13-2011, 10:58 AM
This games on ESPN over here in the UK tonight...so looking forward to this one :scarf:

Oldtimer
04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
This games on ESPN over here in the UK tonight...so looking forward to this one :scarf:

ahhh... the Beckham factor.

TFCRegina
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
ahhh... the Beckham factor.

I thought it was the fact that the UK people want to hear Landon Donovan mentioned a minimum of 12 times, regardless of whether he features in the match or not.

pekduck
04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Not for our game tonight, but have we ever had a promo for a game like this one by RSL???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d402npSyeF0&feature=player_embedded

nice vid, but until we made to CCL final, or have unbeaten home record for more than a season, we don't really deserve it

DangerRed
04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
nice vid, but until we made to CCL final, or have unbeaten home record for more than a season, we don't really deserve it

+1. BMO Field is not, nor has it ever been, a football fortress. Passionate supporters? For sure. Great atmosphere? Definitely. Fortress? Never.

JavierMartini
04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
need 4 tickets or two pair

nfitz
04-13-2011, 01:36 PM
or have unbeaten home record for more than a season, we don't really deserve itIsn't June 2009 to August 2010 more than a season? (July 2009 to August 2010 if you count CONCACAF games ... I'm not going to count the Real Madrid friendly ...).

ManUtd4ever
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
BMO Field isn't exactly a fortress, but TFC's home record over the years is actually remarkable considering the utter shite that MoJo put together.

bgnewf
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
TFC v Galaxy Pre Game

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/tfc-v-galaxy-pre-game/

Some thoughts on the Beckham circus coming to town and three things I will be looking for in TFC's home tilt against the LA Galaxy.

TFC Cityboy
04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
BMO Field isn't exactly a fortress, but TFC's home record over the years is actually remarkable considering the utter shite that MoJo put together.

It resembled more of a bouncy castle at times last season
:)

DangerRed
04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
TFC v Galaxy Pre Game

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/tfc-v-galaxy-pre-game/

Some thoughts on the Beckham circus coming to town and three things I will be looking for in TFC's home tilt against the LA Galaxy.

Good article, but it's Alen Stevanovic, not Alex.

JavierMartini
04-13-2011, 02:22 PM
still need a pair any where

arbogast
04-13-2011, 02:31 PM
still need a pair any where

Dude I just checked, these are available at ticketmaster.ca:

Section
Row
Seats
5 - 4

ryan
04-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Dude I just checked, these are available at ticketmaster.ca:

Section
Row
Seats
5 - 4

How the hell are there seats available there, but when I wanted to get season seats there it was full.

pekduck
04-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Good article, but it's Alen Stevanovic, not Alex.

Fixed one place but not the other. SteVanovic please :)

Stefanovic – The Key?
In the last couple of games in particular newcomer Alen Stevanovic

arbogast
04-13-2011, 03:14 PM
How the hell are there seats available there, but when I wanted to get season seats there it was full.
Dunno, I was just as surprised to to find them avail too.

RPB73
04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I am working out in Bellville this week , does anyone know where I could possibly watch the game .

JavierMartini
04-13-2011, 05:19 PM
The way LA has been playing this year, I would think we can pick up our second win of the season at home.

* I will be depressed if Stevanovic is still hurt and doesn't start this game.
* It will be interesting to see Barrett wearing white if he plays. I'll definately give him my respect when he's introduced, after that he's thy enemy.
* And here is to hoping that Winter finds the right mix of defensive players for the back line.

There are still plenty of tickets available on Ticketmaster for a Beckham game. Unbelievable if you ask me. Nobody gives a shit about Beckham anymore, and hardly anyone seems to give a shit about TFC these days.

maybe people don't give a fuck about paying through their ass to watch a rebuilding mls club that plays mediocre football at best? I'd love to be at the match. I outright refuse to pay the current available prices.

Oldtimer
04-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I am working out in Bellville this week , does anyone know where I could possibly watch the game .

This is your thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=16030

LittleOzzy
04-13-2011, 05:33 PM

I doubt you'll find a place in Belleville with the hockey playoffs going on.

I would call Hero's Sports Bar and ask though if some TV's may be showing it.

DichioTFC
04-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Links to the game:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=112237&part=sports

dupont
04-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Links to the game:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=112237&part=sports

So you have to open a betting account and make a money deposit to use those links?

DichioTFC
04-13-2011, 06:01 PM
just looked in to it, i think you're right. i had never seen that before (i use this site all the time).

dupont
04-13-2011, 06:06 PM
just looked in to it, i think you're right. i had never seen that before (i use this site all the time).

That site is awesome for Euro games but all the MLS stuff seems to be like this..

I guess I wont be watching the game tonight :(

Ossington Mental Youth
04-13-2011, 06:12 PM
check your pms dupont

Corpand
04-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Every match has those betting "streams" posted first. Think of them as hidden ads that generate clicks by tricking people. Thats how the site generates money.
Keep your eyes peeled on there a few mins before kickoff, legit links are usually posted then.

Not gonna lie, pumped for tonight! Nothing like a wednesday night game to distract me from my exam studies. Wouldnt have it any other way :scarf:

dupont
04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
check your pms dupont

Thanks for the links!

I'm in a remote area tonight that only has satellite internet... sooo slow.. I hope one of the streams will work on this crap net..

Otherwise you guys will have to do the play by play for me!

dantdot
04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Gordon and Santos are out per Wileman.

Zavarise, de Guzman and Gargan all start

dantdot
04-13-2011, 06:29 PM
We're out of forwards. Maybe Plata up front? :/

dupont
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Gordon and Santos are out per Wileman.

woah... that doesn't sound good...

Chubbs
04-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Unfortunate to hear Gordon is out, I like what I've seen from Plata so far, but he's too small to have any real aerial threat...

Maicon being out doesn't make me worry too much, hes been invisible on the pitch lately.

CountryoverClub
04-13-2011, 06:41 PM
gents,

anyone find a stream of the game other than on the betting websites? thanks.

dantdot
04-13-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.justin.tv/dysreflex

That channel will stream it if it isn't blacked out in his area. Let's hope.