PDA

View Full Version : GOL TV HD on Rogers for Tonights SJ Match?

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-09-2011, 09:38 PM
No luck with Leafs TV.

I'm about to pull the plug on my GOL TV subscription. NO HD no watchy.

mednus
04-10-2011, 04:55 AM
What happened to ALL MLS matches in HD?
GolTV, TFC, big Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MG42
04-10-2011, 06:14 AM
no HD is a real disappointment.

neuf
04-10-2011, 09:54 PM
It was in HD at Real Sports :rolleyes:

Phil
04-10-2011, 09:59 PM
May I ask why this is news?

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I have a question, how did real sports have the game in HD but it seems that it was not HD in people's homes?

menefreghista
04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
I have a question, how did real sports have the game in HD but it seems that it was not HD in people's homes?

Because MLSE can pipe the HD feed right into their bar without the need of a cable or satellite provider.

Gol TV does indeed broadcast in HD. The problem appears to be the Canadian carriers (Bell, Rogers, Shaw, Cogeco, etc) don't seem to want to waste their bandwidth on an HD version of the channel.

Yagbod
04-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Because MLSE can pipe the HD feed right into their bar without the need of a cable or satellite provider.

Gol TV does indeed broadcast in HD. The problem appears to be the Canadian carriers (Bell, Rogers, Shaw, Cogeco, etc) don't seem to want to waste their bandwidth on an HD version of the channel.

...which kills me, since they have a HD fishing channel.... fishing!

Canuck82
04-11-2011, 08:22 AM
What annoys me is the Star Direct satellite - to which I am a subscriber - has a channel dedicated to HD Sporting Events - where it will simulcast the HD version of a sporting event when it is available (Ch. 454), when the regular channel showing it is SD.

On Saturday night - that channel sat empty during the TFC-SJ game.:(

BFin
04-11-2011, 08:40 AM

This is not true. Rogers, Bell, Shaw etc. provide Gol TV with HD Bandwidth for any game that they will broadcast in HD. They are provided with the free preview channels whenever they choose to actually have the HD feed up and running. Until GOL TV builds the HD channel no one can broadcast it.

Curious to know where you got your information?

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 08:50 AM
This is not true. Rogers, Bell, Shaw etc. provide Gol TV with HD Bandwidth for any game that they will broadcast in HD. They are provided with the free preview channels whenever they choose to actually have the HD feed up and running. Until GOL TV builds the HD channel no one can broadcast it.

Curious to know where you got your information?

I'm just putting 2+2 together. Gol TV claims an HD broadcast was made available. So why aren't the carriers picking it up?

Is TFC lying to us and trying to get us to go watch road games at Real Sports? lol

Are you implying Gol TV doesn't want to spend the money to deliver the HD product to the carriers?

WestStandGeoff
04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Is TFC lying to us and trying to get us to go watch road games at Real Sports?

Sadly, I can't say I would be at all surprised if this was the case.

And considering MLSE own GolTV, it's also not at all improbable that they consciously held the HD feed back for exclusive viewing at the bar they own. Maybe that's what they meant by all games available in HD... as long as you watch them at RSBG.

BFin
04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm just putting 2+2 together. Gol TV claims an HD broadcast was made available. So why aren't the carriers picking it up?

Is TFC lying to us and trying to get us to go watch road games at Real Sports? lol

Are you implying Gol TV doesn't want to spend the money to deliver the HD product to the carriers?

Gol TV does not have an HD Channel. They have approved content from the CRTC however they have yet to act upon it and begin putting together a station surrounding the limited HD they do have. The problem is that outside of TFC games Gol doesn't have much HD in their repetoire so it would be a waste for them to pay for the rights to an entire channel for a couple of TFC games on an annual basis.

The carriers aren't picking it up because the channel doesn't exist. I don't know why the last game was not picked up, but if Gol doesn't announce enough in advance that they are broadcasting the game in HD than the carriers can not clear space on the preview channels for it. They won't just bump another free preview because TFC is in HD, that wouldn't make sense from a viewership perspective.

I'm not implying anything. I am telling you that I work in the industry and that it doesn't make sense for Gol to pay for an entire channel centred around a few TFC HD broadcasts. They need to build up their HD content before it would ever be viable for them to pay for the channel.

TFC isn't lying to you about anything...not everything is a conspiracy in the MLS.

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the background info.

I was kidding about the lying part.

Regardless, this further outlines how retarded it is to put 21 of TFC's games on the channel.

Carts
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Gol TV does not have an HD Channel. They have approved content from the CRTC however they have yet to act upon it and begin putting together a station surrounding the limited HD they do have. The problem is that outside of TFC games Gol doesn't have much HD in their repetoire so it would be a waste for them to pay for the rights to an entire channel for a couple of TFC games on an annual basis.

The carriers aren't picking it up because the channel doesn't exist. I don't know why the last game was not picked up, but if Gol doesn't announce enough in advance that they are broadcasting the game in HD than the carriers can not clear space on the preview channels for it. They won't just bump another free preview because TFC is in HD, that wouldn't make sense from a viewership perspective.

I'm not implying anything. I am telling you that I work in the industry and that it doesn't make sense for Gol to pay for an entire channel centred around a few TFC HD broadcasts. They need to build up their HD content before it would ever be viable for them to pay for the channel.

TFC isn't lying to you about anything...not everything is a conspiracy in the MLS.

Please stop posting actual facts...

Don't you know that people like to make stuff about television and pass it off as fact over and over and over and over...???

If you keep posting actual facts they will be forced to stop and that will make them sad...

Or they will revert to the clever "...this network sucks and doesn't care about soccer..." line...

;)

Carts...

BFin
04-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I back that signature Carts. I back it hard.

Pachuco
04-11-2011, 09:58 AM

Ok, but Leafs TV is an HD Channel. They have 13 leaf games this season on LeafsTV. They have 20+ TFC games on GolTV + I'm sure there is other content like other MLS games that are broadcasted in HD as well. So when you compare that, how is it that they can afford a dedicated channel for Leafs TV and they can't for GolTV?

I'm genuinely asking a question based on your comments because I don't know much about this industry.

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Ok, but Leafs TV is an HD Channel. They have 13 leaf games this season on LeafsTV. They have 20+ TFC games on GolTV + I'm sure there is other content like other MLS games that are broadcasted in HD as well. So when you compare that, how is it that they can afford a dedicated channel for Leafs TV and they can't for GolTV?

I'm genuinely asking a question based on your comments because I don't know much about this industry.

Leafs TV doesn't have a dedicated HD channel.

Pachuco
04-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Leafs TV doesn't have a dedicated HD channel.

I pay for the channel.

Cogeco Cable adds Leafs TV HD to its digital line-up in Ontario

Montréal, October 11, 2007 — Cogeco Cable (TSX: CCA) today announced the launch of a new High Definition (HD) channel. Leafs TV HD, a Canadian digital specialty sports channel, is now offered in HD to the majority of Cogeco Cable Digital Cable customers in the areas served in Ontario.

“HD technology is not only gaining popularity because of the outstanding quality it offers, but also due to the increasing number of channels being offered in HD,” declared Mr. Ron Perrotta, Vice President, Marketing of Cogeco Cable. “By adding Leafs TV HD, we remain committed to providing our customers with the richest TV experience possible, and we intend to add new HD channels to our line-up as they become available”.

Leafs TV HD (channel 276) will be available for free to the majority of Cogeco Digital Cable subscribers who are paying the HD Access Fee of $5.99 per month and who also subscribe to Leafs TV in standard definition. Leafs TV HD includes exclusive live broadcasts of Toronto Maple Leafs games.

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I pay for the channel.

Cogeco Cable adds Leafs TV HD to its digital line-up in Ontario

Interesting.

On Rogers the channel is only used during live Leaf games. The rest of the time it sits blank.

You have to watch the SD version of the channel to get content the rest of the time.

Pachuco
04-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Interesting.

On Rogers the channel is only used during live Leaf games. The rest of the time it sits blank.

You have to watch the SD version of the channel to get content the rest of the time.

That's the same as on cogeco and Bell. But that doesn't mean it isn't a dedicated channel.

So I'm just wondering why they can afford to do that for LeafsTV and they can't afford it for GolTV where they have alot more HD content to begin with.

BFin
04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
That's the same as on cogeco and Bell. But that doesn't mean it isn't a dedicated channel.

So I'm just wondering why they can afford to do that for LeafsTV and they can't afford it for GolTV where they have alot more HD content to begin with.

The answer is simple really...viewership. The Leafs make enough money during those 13 games through advertising dollars associated with the strong viewership and it pays the bills for the channel.

GolTV will not draw anywhere near the same number of customers for a TFC game as they would for a Leafs game. The demand simply isn't there yet for an HD station that would play only TFC games. They wouldn't make enough money to make it worth their while.

nfitz
04-11-2011, 03:50 PM
The carriers aren't picking it up because the channel doesn't exist. I don't know why the last game was not picked up, but if Gol doesn't announce enough in advance that they are broadcasting the game in HD than the carriers can not clear space on the preview channels for it.

Are you making this up? What is your source of information.

GOL TV Canada has told me they DO have an HD channel, but can't get anyone to pick it up.

Rogers has told me that they don't carry GOL TV in HD this year - but make note of my request.

I'd suggest EVERYONE start complaining vocally and publicly to Rogers ASAP.

Yagbod
04-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Apologies if this has been said but...

LeafsTV HD sat blank all Saturday night. Why didn't they just dump the HD feed from GOL onto it? Surely something on is better than nothing.

Asif, from TFC, said they tried hard to get it on HD, but how hard could they have tried when they didn't even bother to fill blank space on their own channel?

nfitz
04-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Asif, from TFC, said they tried hard to get it on HD, but how hard could they have tried when they didn't even bother to fill blank space on their own channel?I asked one of them specifically if this was an option, and they said it wasn't an option for them, because it's not a full-time HD channel (I'm not sure the exact constraint, but it seems to have crossed their mind too, fleetingly ...).

Blowing Bubbles
04-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I was pretty aggravated by Asif's line on twitter that this is out of their hands and for us to express our concerns to the broadcasters to pick up HD.

Last I checked it was MLSE that decided where to put these games, and it just so happens that they own GOLTV, a pay channel. If they didn't find out ahead of time that they'd have an issue getting an HD feed picked up they shouldn't be making excuses and should stand there and take the heat. Conversely, if they knew there was going to be an issue with HD and still put it on their own pay TV channel ..... instead of selling the shows to another broadcaster only to then say this is out of their hands ...... F them.

menefreghista
04-11-2011, 06:02 PM
I was pretty aggravated by Asif's line on twitter that this is out of their hands and for us to express our concerns to the broadcasters to pick up HD.

Last I checked it was MLSE that decided where to put these games, and it just so happens that they own GOLTV, a pay channel. If they didn't find out ahead of time that they'd have an issue getting an HD feed picked up they shouldn't be making excuses and should stand there and take the heat. Conversely, if they knew there was going to be an issue with HD and still put it on their own pay TV channel ..... instead of selling the shows to another broadcaster only to then say this is out of their hands ...... F them.

And to top it all off we know that CBC was interested in broadcasting games. And its a pretty safe bet Sportsnet was interested too.

BFin
04-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Are you making this up? What is your source of information.

GOL TV Canada has told me they DO have an HD channel, but can't get anyone to pick it up.

Rogers has told me that they don't carry GOL TV in HD this year - but make note of my request.

I'd suggest EVERYONE start complaining vocally and publicly to Rogers ASAP.
No I'm not making it up. I work in the industry.

There is a difference between GolTV Canada and GolTV in the States. Just because they have an HD channel in the US that Direct TV has managed to pick up does not mean it is available in Canada.

I'd suggest you don't waste your time and that you do some research before getting on top of a soap box and wasting people's time.

The Pope
04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
I've been thinking of getting rid of GolTV for a while now.

We can get EPL games in HD on Sportsnet, TSN & Setanta

Serie A HD on the Score

La Liga in shitty standard def on GolTV

Get your act together Gol!

mastermixer
04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
What's the argument here? Last year the games that were on GolTv were simulcast on channel 501 on rogers. This year it seems they aren't.

This isnt 2002. High-Definition should be automatic with sports events in North America. The fact that GolTV took a step back in time on Saturday and provided such a poor production even in Standard Def is shameful.

nfitz
04-12-2011, 09:52 AM
No I'm not making it up. I work in the industry.

There is a difference between GolTV Canada and GolTV in the States. Just because they have an HD channel in the US that Direct TV has managed to pick up does not mean it is available in Canada.We haven't been talking about GOL TV in the States. Perhaps your not aware, but they don't carry TFC on GOL TV in the USA.

Everyone here has been talking about Gol TV Canada. Why would we be discussing a foreign channel?

John McCauley at MLSE in Toronto has clearly stated that GolTV Canada has an HD channel, but they've not been able to get anyone to pick it up. You seem to have a better source - who is it?

I'd suggest you don't waste your time and that you do some research before getting on top of a soap box and wasting people's time.Wow ... you are extremely and unnecessarily rude!

I don't see the need to be so rude, especially when you seem to be talking about foreign channels that no one here has even mentioned!

ManUtd4ever
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm confused. Based on last season, I was under the impression that if an HD broadcast was available, GolTV would utilize that video feed and supplement it with their own audio, with the HD simulcast available on an alternative channel (501 on Rogers last year). Now that Rogers has designated ch. 501 as Sportsnet One, are we shit out of luck for all of the GolTV broadcasts this season, or will an HD simulcast still be available on another alternative channel when an HD signal is available?

EDIT - Ok, I just read BFin's post carefully. So the decision to carry a GolTV HD simulcast on an alternate channel is determined on the fly depending on how much notice GolTV provides to the network cable provider. In my opinion, GolTV should be doing everything within reason to make the games available in HD on an alternate channel if a signal is available. It doesn't resonate well with fans that pay for the channel to watch a sub par broadcast when the HD simulcast is available at Real Sports Bar and Grill.

BFin
04-12-2011, 10:10 AM
We haven't been talking about GOL TV in the States. Perhaps your not aware, but they don't carry TFC on GOL TV in the USA.

Everyone here has been talking about Gol TV Canada. Why would we be discussing a foreign channel?

John McCauley at MLSE in Toronto has clearly stated that GolTV Canada has an HD channel, but they've not been able to get anyone to pick it up. You seem to have a better source - who is it?

Wow ... you are extremely and unnecessarily rude!

I don't see the need to be so rude, especially when you seem to be talking about foreign channels that no one here has even mentioned!

Oy. Where to start.

Gol TV's only HD channel presently resides in the USA. Do they have one? Yes. Is it available in Canada to providers or residents? No. Does the link make sense now?

Really? They do have an HD channel? Provide me the quote in which he specifically states to you that GolTV CANADA has an HD Channel that no providers will pick up.

Since me telling you that I work in the industry hasn't registered yet, I will tell you again. I work in the industry. That is my source.

Also, check out their wiki page before calling me out one more time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GolTV_%28Canada%29
HD broadcasting

Since mid-2010, GolTV has been offering HD broadcasts of select matches to television service providers such as Rogers and Bell TV. Since GolTV has not launched a full time HD channel, the television service providers have been airing them on preview channels on each television service providers' respective lineups. GolTV has been approved to launch a HD channel by the CRTC, however, it has yet to begin broadcasting.

/discussion

nfitz
04-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm confused. Based on last season, I was under the impression that if an HD broadcast was available, GolTV would utilize that video feed and supplement it with their own audio, with the HD simulcast available on an alternative channel (501 on Rogers last year). Now that Rogers has designated ch. 501 as Sportsnet One, are we shit out of luck for all of the GolTV broadcasts this season, or will an HD simulcast still be available on another alternative channel when an HD signal is available?Rogers moved the 501 preview channel to 499, when they made 501 Sporstnet One (in addition to 584 ... I guess they are moving it).

501 now being Sportsnet One is a red herring.

GolTV Canada must have had some kind of deal with Rogers last year to make their HD signal available on 501; and appear not to have have such a deal this year. Whether this be the fault of MLSE or Rogers I don't know ... remember that by airing the games for free on the preview channel doesn't bring any revenue to MLSE ...

menefreghista
04-12-2011, 10:25 AM
So the decision to carry a GolTV HD simulcast on an alternate channel is determined on the fly depending on how much notice GolTV provides to the network cable provider. In my opinion, GolTV should be doing everything within reason to make the games available in HD on an alternate channel if a signal is available. It doesn't resonate well with fans that pay for the channel to watch a sub par broadcast when the HD simulcast is available at Real Sports Bar and Grill.

I'm convinced Rogers told TFC FO to go fuck off for not sharing the 21 TFC games that TSN didn't take.

As punishment they aren't making Gol TV available in HD.

But that's just my theory.

nfitz
04-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Oy. Where to start.You could start by apologizing by being so utterly rude!

Gol TV's only HD channel presently resides in the USA. Do they have one? Yes. Is it available in Canada to providers or residents? No. Does the link make sense now?The URL for that link seems to be missing from your post ... but I fail to understand why you keep talking about this foreign TV channel that no one else here has mentioned. Whether GOLTV USA or Lithuania is available on Comcast ... or free-to-air in Timbuktu has no relevance, and is only confusing things.

Really? They do have an HD channel?That is what he said. I can't say that they do - I can only say that is what they have said.

Provide me the quote in which he specifically states to you that GolTV CANADA has an HD Channel that no providers will pick up. I'm surprised you can't do basic research ... but here's one of several statements by him - http://twitter.com/JohnMcCauley66/status/56780306560196608

Since me telling you that I work in the industry hasn't registered yet, I will tell you again. I work in the industry. That is my source.In other words you really aren't aware of what's going on, and your just BSing.

Also, check out their wiki page before calling me out one more time:Your using Wikipedia as a primary source?

BFin
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Oh boy. Can't spell it out much better than I already have.

Yes I am BS'ing. Complete and utter BS. Mods, I'd highly reco closing this bad boy as logical conversation appears to be leaving the arena.

JonO
04-12-2011, 10:29 AM
^^^ I think it's more likely that Gol TV didn't get their shit together to request access to the HD preview channel. But who really knows for sure...

BFin
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
You're not far off at all JonO. Getting the space requires time, didn't have enough.

JonO
04-12-2011, 10:33 AM
but here's one of several statements by him - http://twitter.com/JohnMcCauley66/status/56780306560196608

Hey guys, calm down...

Bfin - just wondering if you could address that twitter statement. It does seem to imply an HD channel, but is ambiguous enough to refer only to specific games..

nfitz
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes I am BS'ing. Complete and utter BS.Thanks for the apology. I'd appreciate if you didn't try and mislead everyone in the future - someone might take you seriously, and it only confuses things.

BFin
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi JonO,

Realistically I would have to get into contract discussions that are probably not supposed to be out into the public forum right now. What I will say is that Gol TV HD was prioritized last by MLSE in contract discussions when they began months ago and that is why no channel has been launched to this point.

Will there be HD at some point this summer? Hopefully...

BFin
04-12-2011, 10:44 AM
NFtiz...give it up.

nfitz
04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
NFtiz...give it up.Give what up? I thought you'd apologized.

You said 100% something wasn't true. I provided proof that demonstrated 100% that at least someone at MLSE was saying it was true.

You were extremely rude and grossly unprofessional. You should be ashamed of yourself!

And you still haven't addressed the claims from MLSE that GolTVCanada is available to providers in HD. You haven't named your source; yet I have named mine.

mmmikey
04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
/discussion

Oh boy. Can't spell it out much better than I already have.

Yes I am BS'ing. Complete and utter BS. Mods, I'd highly reco closing this bad boy as logical conversation appears to be leaving the arena.

your condescending tone and flippant additions to the thread are hurting your message. nfitz has a valid sticking point that he doesn't see how your point works with the point McCauley made.

Also wikipedia is a very poor source to quote from as there is no guarantee of accuracy. i work in the IT industry therefore i must be right. /discussion. see isnt that annoying? ;)

Give what up? I thought you'd apologized.

You said 100% something wasn't true. I provided proof that demonstrated 100% that at least someone at MLSE was saying it was true.

You were extremely rude and grossly unprofessional. You should be ashamed of yourself!

And you still haven't addressed the claims from MLSE that GolTVCanada is available to providers in HD. You haven't named your source; yet I have named mine.

ignoring and being baffled by his obvious dickish tone isn't helping you either. (no offense :)

nfitz
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
ignoring and being baffled by his obvious dickish tone isn't helping you either. (no offense :)Fair comment ... it's hard not to get your back up when someone is being so rude and deliberately obstinate.

Let's get back to the issue.

Repeated comments from MLSE staff (and TorontoFC as well) on Twitter on Saturday were clear that HD feed of GolTV Canada is available, has been for a while. No one has said anything here that reconciles that the view that it's not available.

BFin
04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
1) Remember the He Said/She Said from the TSN discussion after week 1
2) Since when do people take what MLSE say as gospel around here?
3) MLSE should prioritize Gol TV discussions first if they are serious about providing an HD channel
4) Providers approached Gol TV last year about the SD and future HD channel being included in their packages

Don't call out someones credentials when you don't know them. Those who know me on this board will be fine with trusting my statements. Anyone looking for further info can PM me.

Alixir
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Interesting.

You have to watch the SD version of the channel to get content the rest of the time.thats how it is with GolTV aswell...but they only actually show HD games on that channel (bell 1412 GOLHD)...when they want to.

nfitz
04-12-2011, 11:27 AM
1) Remember the He Said/She Said from the TSN discussion after week 1No ... didn't read it. Can you provide a precis?

2) Since when do people take what MLSE say as gospel around here?I don't think anyone is. However people with real names are standing up there and saying things. No one with a name is contradicting it.

3) MLSE should prioritize Gol TV discussions first if they are serious about providing an HD channelI'm not even sure what this means. Discussions with who? Most providers already carry Gol TV Canada ... are you talking about the US version?

Don't call out someones credentials when you don't know them. Those who know me on this board will be fine with trusting my statements. Anyone looking for further info can PM me.And yet your so quick to dismiss the statements of others - even though they can be backed up by fact. I can understand the situation that you may not be able provide fact because of confidentiality, etc. ... but that doesn't give you the right to say the things you've said!

Don't demand respect when you fail to give it yourself!

Shakes McQueen
04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I say Bfin, your strident tone is giving me the vapors!

- Scott

Pookie
04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
So, is the LA game on Wednesday being broadcast in HD on GOL TV?

nfitz
04-12-2011, 12:01 PM
So, is the LA game on Wednesday being broadcast in HD on GOL TV?Based on what MLSE is saying ... yes on Gol TV Canada ... with the caveat that no one carries it in HD, other than the pub next to the ACC.

So in reality ... No.

Alixir
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Usually when GOLTV is going to broadcast in HD the HD channel would say something like Toronto FC vs LA Galaxy, Wednesday April 13. 8:00pm but the station is just black when I checked today so chances are it will be in HD provided you visit their bar.

Pachuco
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
The answer is simple really...viewership. The Leafs make enough money during those 13 games through advertising dollars associated with the strong viewership and it pays the bills for the channel.

GolTV will not draw anywhere near the same number of customers for a TFC game as they would for a Leafs game. The demand simply isn't there yet for an HD station that would play only TFC games. They wouldn't make enough money to make it worth their while.

But GOlTV is on 24x7. Are you telling me the advertisement dollars generated by 13 games (26 hours IN A YEAR) are more then GolTV generates the entire year? Plus, we already know that there is more HD content in GolTVs repertoire, such as other MLS games (which we know are all broadcasted in HD).

I don't get it. I think what you are trying to say in a very hidden way is that the cheap bastards don't want to pay for the channel.

mastermixer
04-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Well Lee Godfrey just posted this on twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/GOLTVLee/status/58892453352177664

@GOLTVLee (http://twitter.com/#!/GOLTVLee)
FYI All #GOLTVCanada (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23GOLTVCanada) #TFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23TFC) matches are produced in HD! Contact your provider to find out how to see it. #TFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23TFC) vs. #DCUnited (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23DCUnited) 7:00pm ET Sat!

menefreghista
04-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Well Lee Godfrey just posted this on twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/GOLTVLee/status/58892453352177664 (http://twitter.com/#%21/GOLTVLee/status/58892453352177664)

@GOLTVLee (http://twitter.com/#%21/GOLTVLee)
FYI All #GOLTVCanada (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23GOLTVCanada) #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC) matches are produced in HD! Contact your provider to find out how to see it. #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC) vs. #DCUnited (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23DCUnited) 7:00pm ET Sat!

Translation: We have a done a poor job negotiating with carriers to set up a temporary HD channel for our matches on Gol TV. Please do our work for us and lobby your carrier. Thank you.

menefreghista
04-15-2011, 09:16 AM
By the way was the Galaxy game available in HD in the GTA? Bell, Rogers, Cogeco, etc. Did anyone have it?

phonzo
04-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Bfin is right this one is on MLSE as much as it is on the Carriers for not wanting to carry it. My little birdie says that MLSE is trying to push the other TV channels in conjunction with GolTV hence carrier push back.

Red CB Toronto
04-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Bfin is right this one is on MLSE as much as it is on the Carriers for not wanting to carry it. My little birdie says that MLSE is trying to push the other TV channels in conjunction with GolTV hence carrier push back.

Sounds just like the Marlies pack then, we will give you this if you take this, does not always work. ( :

Azerban
04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
i work in the IT industry therefore i must be right. /discussion. see isnt that annoying? ;)

lol no one has ever said this

nfitz
04-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Bfin is right this one is on MLSE as much as it is on the Carriers for not wanting to carry it.It might well be on MLSE; but that wasn't Bfin's position. His position was that there wasn't actually a HD version at all, and it was not true that the Canadian carriers wouldn't carry it.

That MLSE has failed to deal with this properly does seem much more likely.

By the way was the Galaxy game available in HD in the GTA? Bell, Rogers, Cogeco, etc. Did anyone have it?No one has it. This is the issue ... GolTVCanada claims they have now got a HD version of the channel, but no one carries it. I think they are expecting that we will make a lot of noise to Rogers, etc. which would assist in their negotiations.

Which would be an underhanded assumption... but probably not incorrect. I note the irony about me making assumptions about assumptions.

stugautz
04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
What MLS$ wants us to say to the carriers regarding GOL HD:

http://memefolder.com/image/987.jpg

TFC07
04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Translation: We have a done a poor job negotiating with carriers to set up a temporary HD channel for our matches on Gol TV. Please do our work for us and lobby your carrier. Thank you.

Agreed.

I hope none of carriers pick up GolTV HD channel. That will send a message to ML$E not put their games on GolTV.

MG42
04-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Sooooo...is the game n HD tomorrow? This thread is making me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

nfitz
04-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Sooooo...is the game n HD tomorrow? This thread is making me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.No.

Rogers isn't carrying it.

Bell isn't carrying it.

Shaw isn't carrying it.

No one is carrying it.

DichioTFC
04-15-2011, 11:14 PM
No.

Rogers isn't carrying it.

Bell isn't carrying it.

Shaw isn't carrying it.

No one is carrying it.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter-preview/tfc-stay-home-look-keep-streak-alive-vs-dc

National TV: Fox Soccer (USA)
Local TV: GolTV (Canada)
Online: MatchDay Live (Canada only; blackout in USA)

If its on Fox Soccer, that means someone, somewhere will be streaming it. Either on Justin.TV or myp2p.eu

MG42
04-15-2011, 11:14 PM
^balls. I'll watch on my 13" sanyo for full SD effect.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcddtsYa6A6P_thRDT8FxzxqbByj8Js 5Ms3VD7ac4T9deaQyjT&t=1