PDA

View Full Version : Look at these uneducated "fans"

Pages : [1] 2

canadian_bhoy
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
After losing to their bitterest rivals, these fans had to stay in the stadium.

what a disgrace these people are. They aren't real supporters, they just showed up to get drunk and be part of the show.

How could anyone dare to sing after such a crushing defeat....

These guys are nothing but a bunch of uneducated wannabe fans.

There are less "real" supporters than we think.

;)

1Rfihh4xrjU

Parkdale
07-02-2008, 08:54 PM
ummm..... did this really require it's own thread? there's certainly enough places where it could have gone.

james
07-02-2008, 08:54 PM
sick video, thats how you sing!

james
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
ya i dont get why so many people are mad that we sang after we lost. It just shows that 1 lose doesnt kille are spirit!

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Theyre displaying solidarity after losing to their bitterest rivals, CB.

Did the team play like it didnt matter, and are their bitterest rivals a lower tier team?

just asking

juki
07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Also it seems like they can't leave cuz of the cops...

mclaren
07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
we need to use this chant for a player

LucaGol
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
That's classic.The clean up staff is like..."these guys are mental"

canadian_bhoy
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Also it seems like they can't leave cuz of the cops...

That is true, they were locked in. Although I highly doubt they quieted down once they left the stadium.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
That is true, they were locked in. Although I highly doubt they quieted down once they left the stadium.

Im sure you cant find any vids of Liverpool......havin a blast after losing to Barnsley 2-1!

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 09:16 PM

LOL this thread is losing credibility fast..........................eject eject.

canadian_bhoy
07-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Im sure you cant find any vids of Liverpool......havin a blast after losing to Barnsley 2-1!

Here's one! :D

to be fair, they are protesting the american owners....but they're still singing aren't they!

rB21JD3QPeY

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 09:19 PM
the BIG difference is these guys are doing it at the stadium... not after the game at a pub.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-02-2008, 09:20 PM

to be fair, they are protesting the american owners....but they're still singing aren't they!

rB21JD3QPeY

Hell we should be singin...DP Songs after loses like that then;)

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
the BIG difference is these guys are doing it at the stadium... not after the game at a pub.

Or a GO train tunnel...

juki
07-02-2008, 09:22 PM

mmm hmmm

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM

So singing for your team only belongs in the stadium?

Again with these rules!!! Where is my rulebook dammit!

canadian_bhoy
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM

You mean like this?

It wasn't an important match though...only the CL final
kuHX2MnG3LM

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
You can defend the fucking wanna be fans all you want.. they are the reason the atmosphere sucks.. they don't listen to anyone...they come to games to get drunk and do their own shit like starting chants by themselves and the saddest part is they got voices after the game... if you call yourself a supporter you shouldn't have any voice left after 90 minutes..

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
So singing for your team only belongs in the stadium?

Again with these rules!!! Where is my rulebook dammit!

dude go ahead and defend these losers.. they take over your stadium and your pub.. what else is left?

GeorgeB
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
dude go ahead and defend these losers.. they take over your stadium and your pub.. what else is left?your group ?

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 09:28 PM
your group ?
are you done getting a blow job??

http://www.southsidejumpers.org/images/NE_june_2008.jpg

GeorgeB
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM

http://www.southsidejumpers.org/images/NE_june_2008.jpgyes, it was all because of the scarf. she was impresssed

jabbronies
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm with canadian_bhoy on this one.

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
yes, it was all because of the scarf. she was impresssed
I thought it was the colorful Canadian money! :)

MrHawk
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM

LOL awesome

Mrs. Workie
07-02-2008, 10:16 PM
You can defend the fucking wanna be fans all you want.. they are the reason the atmosphere sucks.. they don't listen to anyone...they come to games to get drunk and do their own shit like starting chants by themselves and the saddest part is they got voices after the game... if you call yourself a supporter you shouldn't have any voice left after 90 minutes..

God Dammit! What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?

Mrs. Workie
07-02-2008, 10:17 PM
1Rfihh4xrjU

As a side note...I DREAM for the day we sound like this!

noochie
07-02-2008, 10:18 PM

I guess there are a few in every crowd ;)

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 10:20 PM
God Dammit! What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?

See picture above!! ;)

BC101
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
ha...I have one or two things to say and videos to post about that as well... Other "Songs" but I won't. They just singing cos they have nothing else better to do while waiting to leave. Every team does that. They also sing on the train and buses home... So what? iam sure more than a few were angry songs about Munich/Mancs... Don't believe me? I am pretty sure I could find proof. Dunno how this topic even spilled into a new thread in a separate section.... WTF

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM

No were trying to forget that one...it didn't happen:rolleyes:

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM
dude go ahead and defend these losers.. they take over your stadium and your pub.. what else is left?

I am not defending them. But I am not gonna side with you either dude. Sometimes it seems like you come up with stuff on the fly.

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
gWMPUi2XIkM

I dream of the day BMO sounds like this on game days. It may never happen, but there's nothing wrong with dreaming and hoping. It's not the chant but the unity of it all and how everyone is on the same page.

GabrielHurl
07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
we need to use this chant for a player

We already do for Ricketts

Who's that running down the wing?
Ricketts, Ricketts!
Who makes you want to stand and sing?
Ricketts, Ricketts!
First he's here, and then he's there, the fucking man is everywhere,
He's Rohan Ricketts, Toronto's number 10

Lalalalala (whole song)
He's Rohan Ricketts, Toronto's number 10

james
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
So just because i was still happy and singing after we lost im not a supporter???? even tho i have traveled to away games, havent missed 1 home game, rain or shine im there standing and chanting for 90 minutes straight, i follow TFC like its my religion and you say im not a fan because i still wanted to have a good time after the match and wanted to enjoy the rest of Canada Day? I sing win or lose, cause i always support them through thick and thin and if some of you complainers on here dont like it well Go fuck yourselfs!

Mrs. Workie
07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
See picture above!! ;)

The one of Georgie?

Fuck man, I wrote the book on that ;)

adampz
07-02-2008, 11:55 PM
YNWA, LFC for life! I wish we sounded like that, what i observed from tuesdays game,was that the bottom of 111-112-113 is organized, not all, but most people, in the upper part of those sections, dont sing that much.

RYANTFC
07-03-2008, 12:05 AM
what a stupid thread. I guess in Istanbul when we were 3-0 down they shouldn't of sang You'll Never Walk Alone. Or after any loss they shouldn't be singing. That is real support. I know a bunch of people are gonna disagree with what I said, fine go a head.

Workie
07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
See picture above!! ;)

I owe you about a case of whiskey for that one......... :D

How ever I sang at my bar. Or what is left of my bar as case may be.
My song was still loud and had pride for I would not let a single FUCKING ASS WIPE IN A FUCKING WHITE CAPS ASS RAG see me without my head held high!

I'm pissed at our performance in the last SEVERAL games. I will voice my opinion of the lack of ability on the pitch. But I will not let any fucking opposing fan THINK they have got the best of me or my spirit! I sing to remember better times, when I could walk and see faces I knew! People I could talk to and rationalize with about the game. When all was said and done we where all there for our spirits and love of the game.

I will still be there to paint the "give me a reason to sing" Banner. But I still long for the days that regarless we knew why we where there. Why we were together and why we had a single voice.

Fuck I hate the internet. One person told us this was coming and I was one of the loudest voices against what was an unpopular thread. But the proof again is in the pudding. Now look I'm ranting. Back to the gin and "Off Topic" Where I belong!

TFC Via Buffalo
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Hey, here's a scalpers song for this:

They don't care about futbol
They don't care about fans
Some South End seats
Are in the wrong hands

Let go of your seats
Let go of your seeeeeeeeeeeeeeats
You fucking wankers, let go of your seats

Edit: I think the complaint is singing after the loss, not during it, which I felt we did a pretty good job of. ( I still got no voice even now) I was really down after the game, but by the time I hit Lake Shore, I was chanting and anticipating coming back on Saturday.

Come on you Reds!!!!

Hooligan69
07-03-2008, 12:13 AM
My only complaint is doing the "this is our house" chant. It's an away chant. But my efforts are fruitless since nobody cares.

Raging Reggie
07-03-2008, 12:17 AM
fernando torres liverpools number 9!

i fucking love this youtube clip, i watch it all the time. That is fucking support!!!!!!!! Great clip

Captain Croatia
07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
YNWA, LFC for life! I wish we sounded like that, what i observed from Tuesdays game,was that the bottom of 111-112-113 is organized, not all, but most people, in the upper part of those sections, dont sing that much.

I was near the top of 112 last match, its not that the upper parts dont sing, its that they are singing a different song, and then the lower part starts another so there are two chants in 1 section.

adampz
07-03-2008, 12:56 AM
there are always some people in the upper parts of the section that are singing, but its not like a wisla krakow or dinamo zagreb game, where you have atleast 5000 real supporters unified singing the same song and always clapping. Hopefully one day BMO will be like that!

nascarguy
07-03-2008, 01:02 AM

red card and you get to buy me a beer next game ...

Cashcleaner
07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Wow. It's getting awfully hard to keep track of what are the right and wrong ways to watch soccer. Can we get some sort of official list going, please? I'm just a simple-minded football fan trying to please my social superiors. Any help would be great. :rolleyes:

FluSH
07-03-2008, 04:42 AM

LOL comeon now... I've done 90 minutes and then another 20 more!!!

FluSH
07-03-2008, 04:43 AM
Wow. It's getting awfully hard to keep track of what are the right and wrong ways to watch soccer. Can we get some sort of official list going, please? I'm just a simple-minded football fan trying to please my social superiors. Any help would be great. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY....

Where are these 10 commandments of how to be a supporter?!? Moses? Where are you?

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 05:56 AM
This thread is awesome! I can't believe there are individuals kicking around here telling others how to be supporters. I remember very early that to be a Red Patch Boy was to be a fan/supporter any way you saw fit as long as you stuck by a few rules. The rules had to do with avoiding physical conflicts and acting violent in any way other than self defense.

So I guess what I'm asking here is who the fuck do some of you think you are to judge how someone else likes to support the club. It seems some of you are so fucking high on your horse and forget (or probably weren't around) when RPB were a small group who were trepidatious. I remember the first session to learn chants and many of us were ignorant and that affected our confidence. U-Sector were mocking us so Gobi and I just started whaling back at them and the chanting began. So at the time I was a 'fan/casual' I guess. But I think I grew into quite the 'supporter'. Do we get the moral of the story here?

Sorry I can't be as eloquent as Cash here, but Mike is spot on starting a thread like this. I sing when I want to sing, and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. I support the team my way, not the way some schlemiel sitting in his basement tells me. I still love what this group is all about, I just wish some people would wake the fuck up. Later!!

And keep on chanting!!*

*Any fucking way you please

Mikey
07-03-2008, 06:16 AM
QFT.

Canadian Blue
07-03-2008, 06:23 AM
The one of Georgie?

Fuck man, I wrote the book on that ;)

Prove it!!!! :cool:

zeelaw
07-03-2008, 07:01 AM

haha

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 07:07 AM
This thread is awesome! I can't believe there are individuals kicking around here telling others how to be supporters

I think it all boils down to matter of opinion. A lot of people have a lot of passion, and don't quite understand why others don't have the same, and vice versa. In a group as large as we are, you're going to get all kinds, so of course there will be conflict.

At the end of the day, you support your team. Just because someone chooses to do it differently that I do, doesn't make me a "better" supporter than them. It's really not about being better. Like I said before, I have my opinions, and I'm going to go do what I do. I can't force it on people (believe me, I've been trying at the top of 112, it doesn't work).

Phil
07-03-2008, 07:24 AM

Great post Cashcleaner :)

I would rather sing than sulk, but if people want to take it easy go ahead. I am always happy to be with fellow RPB and if a song breaks out, as long as my voice is still there somewhat, lets sing.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Great post Cashcleaner :)

I would rather sing than sulk, but if people want to take it easy go ahead. I am always happy to be with fellow RPB and if a song breaks out, as long as my voice is still there somewhat, lets sing.

It's not the fact of singing that pissed a lot of people off, it was the songs that were being sung from my understanding.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 07:38 AM

1st Rule of RPB, you don't talk about RPB...

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 07:51 AM
It's not the fact of singing that pissed a lot of people off, it was the songs that were being sung from my understanding.

The crux of the point is that people are taking themselves WAY too seriously. Who cares what people are singing, just be glad they ARE singing. But I guess the 5 "hardcore" supporters (I always giggle when I hear this) think otherwise. This and that other thread about this are a joke... You have non-RPB members telling everyone how to be a supporter v a fan... It's the talk of losers.

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 07:55 AM
This thread is awesome! I can't believe there are individuals kicking around here telling others how to be supporters. I remember very early that to be a Red Patch Boy was to be a fan/supporter any way you saw fit as long as you stuck by a few rules. The rules had to do with avoiding physical conflicts and acting violent in any way other than self defense.

So I guess what I'm asking here is who the fuck do some of you think you are to judge how someone else likes to support the club. It seems some of you are so fucking high on your horse and forget (or probably weren't around) when RPB were a small group who were trepidatious. I remember the first session to learn chants and many of us were ignorant and that affected our confidence. U-Sector were mocking us so Gobi and I just started whaling back at them and the chanting began. So at the time I was a 'fan/casual' I guess. But I think I grew into quite the 'supporter'. Do we get the moral of the story here?

Sorry I can't be as eloquent as Cash here, but Mike is spot on starting a thread like this. I sing when I want to sing, and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. I support the team my way, not the way some schlemiel sitting in his basement tells me. I still love what this group is all about, I just wish some people would wake the fuck up. Later!!

And keep on chanting!!*

*Any fucking way you please

This coming from the guy who cursed at Sean and Ryan from Usector for not chanting enough during a friendly against Aston Villa. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 07:59 AM
This coming from the guy who cursed at Sean and Ryan from Usector for not chanting enough during a friendly against Aston Villa. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So I guess you didn't read what I wrote.

"U-Sector were mocking us"... It goes way back. Before you... They always mocked us for being docile, and now all has changed. Do you see the irony or are you spending too much time being "hardcore!!" HaHaHa... You're so cute..

Mods can we control the trolls...

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 08:04 AM
The crux of the point is that people are taking themselves WAY too seriously. Who cares what people are singing, just be glad they ARE singing. But I guess the 5 "hardcore" supporters (I always giggle when I hear this) think otherwise. This and that other thread about this are a joke... You have non-RPB members telling everyone how to be a supporter v a fan... It's the talk of losers.

Pat, so because I take supporting TFC seriously, too seriously by your opinion, I should ignore the fact that IDIOTS are chanting 'USL', 'This Is Our House', etc.? Fuck off mate, seriously.

I could care less if the majority of RPB are supporters or not, I could care less if all the supporters groups disbanded to be honest. I'm still going to be in the stands, doing what I do. Maybe if the groups disbanded people could actually focus on supporting the team...

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 08:05 AM

"U-Sector were mocking us"... It goes way back. Before you... They always mocked us for being docile, and now all has changed. Do you see the irony or are you spending too much time being "hardcore!!" HaHaHa... You're so cute..

I see no trolls. Unless you mean people who aren't involved in the situation but are posting about it anyway...

Btw, since when did you resort to taking cheapshots at people? :lol:

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 08:10 AM
I see no trolls. Unless you mean people who aren't involved in the situation but are posting about it anyway...

Up on your high horse today are we? Does my membership not involve me? I'm a member of the group, TO is not. Pretty simple... (yes it's a public forum - but he is the definition of a troll)

You do not define what is right or wrong and neither do I. Go start another group or join an existing one if you don't like the mantra. Cool the fuck down and, also, control your tone with me. If I ever speak to you in that way then we can alter the tone, in the meantime show the respect you are given.

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 08:18 AM

The drivel that you bestow upon me, cascades down to a bucket of emptiness and sorrow.

Until the day, you do more than just talk, your opinions are laughable at best.

Continue on....i will troll elsewhere, i wish u did the same.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Me cool down? I'm perfectly calm. I also don't own a horse, so I will not be coming down off of it. ;)

I don't believe I had any different tone with you from anyone else. Sorry I picked on your post Pat, but some of the shit you said was just as stupid as what anyone else has said. Don't worry I know you aren't any more special than anyone else, your veiled threats don't bother me. I never attacked you, yet you tell me to control my tone? My comment about trolls get you irked? Sorry sir, I won't make any more comments in this thread as to not lure you into thinking that I'm attacking you directly. :rolleyes:

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Up on your high horse today are we? Does my membership not involve me? I'm a member of the group, TO is not. Pretty simple... (yes it's a public forum - but he is the definition of a troll)

You do not define what is right or wrong and neither do I. Go start another group or join an existing one if you don't like the mantra. Cool the fuck down and, also, control your tone with me. If I ever speak to you in that way then we can alter the tone, in the meantime show the respect you are given.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang), is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum) or chat room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chat_room), with the intention of baiting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baiting_%28Internet%29) other users into an emotional response[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#cite_note-0) or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#cite_note-1)

Straight from wikipedia.

Sounds alot like you, more than it does me.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey Pedro.. I thought you were gonna troll elsewhere? How is this relevant to the topic at hand? :rofl:

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Hey Pedro.. I thought you were gonna troll elsewhere? How is this relevant to the topic at hand? :rofl:

He's too busy talking about animal penises on another board :eek:

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Um... link? Should be a funny read. :lol:

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 08:29 AM
He's too busy talking about animal penises on another board :eek:

Unless King Tut is an animal?:D

Ok now i am trolling.:D:D

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Um... link? Should be a funny read. :lol:

http://www.kickabola.com/showthread.php?t=708&highlight=animal+penis

NSFW

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 08:38 AM
:rofl: nice... nice.

TFC Tifoso
07-03-2008, 08:45 AM
What did I miss?! Trolls with animal penises?!?! :eek: This could be interesting! :D hahaha

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 08:46 AM

U-sector is your measuring stick of being hardcore???

Why don't you go find a real supporters clubs in UK whatever city you are and talk to them in the same way you do here.. I wanna see how many days
you will last.

ExiledRed
07-03-2008, 09:16 AM

Why don't you go find a real supporters clubs in UK whatever city you are and talk to them in the same way you do here.. I wanna see how many days
you will last.

Probably about as long as anybody would last trying to tell them how to be a supporter in the stands.

Sorry, but in a UK ground, you'll more likely find an atmosphere created by a combined effort of individuals than one that is lead by any specific supporters group.

Mikey
07-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I remember when there used to be REAL trolls on the board, not this part-time "casual" trolling we get these days......:D

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Probably about as long as anybody would last trying to tell them how to be a supporter in the stands.

Sorry, but in a UK ground, you'll more likely find an atmosphere created by a combined effort of individuals than one that is lead by any specific supporters group.

That's exactly how it is. You walk into the section (I make it a habit of buying tickets in supporters sections) and you start to support the club. No drums, no Capo's, just good unified support. Exiled makes an excellent point, when I talk with my local NUFC Yorkshire supporters chapter they never tell me how I should support the club. When I was on the train to Liverpool, a woman who knew I was a Newcastle supporter was teaching me the new Torres song (man was she hardcore). I think some people like to perpetuate a notion of how support is around the world and generally they are wrong. I've sat in some heavy sections in my days, and I have never once been told how to support the club, and I let them support how they wish. I buy in to the notion that this is an awesome time to be had by all, not a job. I've got a job already, and they pay me (which always surprises me). This is top flight entertainment in my books, and I don't think anyone can question how that relates to my support style or passion.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I remember when there used to be REAL trolls on the board, not this part-time "casual" trolling we get these days......:D

:rofl:

Fuckin' casuals...

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 10:31 AM
That's exactly how it is. You walk into the section (I make it a habit of buying tickets in supporters sections) and you start to support the club. No drums, no Capo's, just good unified support. Exiled makes an excellent point, when I talk with my local NUFC Yorkshire supporters chapter they never tell me how I should support the club. When I was on the train to Liverpool, a woman who knew I was a Newcastle supporter was teaching me the new Torres song (man was she hardcore). I think some people like to perpetuate a notion of how support is around the world and generally they are wrong. I've sat in some heavy sections in my days, and I have never once been told how to support the club, and I let them support how they wish. I buy in to the notion that this is an awesome time to be had by all, not a job. I've got a job already, and they pay me (which always surprises me). This is top flight entertainment in my books, and I don't think anyone can question how that relates to my support style or passion.

Ok....i am willing to get into this conversation with you since i think this is a topic that concerns us all.

The examples you and Exiled quoted are in England. Fine, that is the way the folks there choose to show their support and want to do things. But i think if you look accross the world you will see alot more countries where the groups have a CAPO, and where if you don't do your chanting, someone will clober you with a brick.

So i think its fair to say that the definition of supporter changes from country to country and based on our ethnic backgrounds and preferences we all have different measuring tools to what support is.

You might not like mine, and i might not like yours. Now as a group there should be a definition of what is expected to be the supporter norm, because this would show unity and allow for common growth. But when a group is as divided on what a supporter is or the definition little can be achieved.

I know that anybody that joins NEE knows what we expect as a member and a fellow supporter. If chanting FORZA TO for 15 minutes is not your thing, then you are not NEE. Plain and simple....that is why we are an ELITE.;)

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok....i am willing to get into this conversation with you since i think this is a topic that concerns us all.

The examples you and Exiled quoted are in England. Fine, that is the way the folks there choose to show their support and want to do things. But i think if you look accross the world you will see alot more countries where the groups have a CAPO, and where if you don't do your chanting, someone will clober you with a brick.

So i think its fair to say that the definition of supporter changes from country to country and based on our ethnic backgrounds and preferences we all have different measuring tools to what support is.

You might not like mine, and i might not like yours. Now as a group there should be a definition of what is expected to be the supporter norm, because this would show unity and allow for common growth. But when a group is as divided on what a supporter is or the definition little can be achieved.

I know that anybody that joins NEE knows what we expect as a member and a fellow supporter. If chanting FORZA TO for 15 minutes is not your thing, then you are not NEE. Plain and simple....that is why we are an ELITE.;)

Elitest cunts. :lol:

Seriously though, this is something I have said about the RPB since midway through last year. There is no definition of what RPB's support is. To me, it's no longer a supporters group and is more a brand and club now.

Technorgasm
07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Liverpool fans are the fuckin best.
Thansk for positng that GREAT fucking video, and stellar example of Fan support, I have it in my faves now.

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
When you have to pay to become a "member", it's no longer a supporters group.

I guess most RPB don't realize how much of a joke they are to other supporters groups around the world.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I guess most RPB don't realize how much of a joke they are to other supporters groups around the world.

Honestly, why should we care? We don't have years of history behind us, a lot of us came into this blindly and are supporting our team the best way we know how. Saying what we do is a "joke" is kinda harsh.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Honestly, why should we care? We don't have years of history behind us, a lot of us came into this blindly and are supporting our team the best way we know how. Saying what we do is a "joke" is kinda harsh.

bingo

are we always going to be having to look over our fukking backs to see which other group on some other godforsaken continent is impressed with us???

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM

Well I'll admit, I might be missing some info here and there. For example, I don't even know why the hell there is a fee to become a member, to begin with. I stayed away from the board for the time this place was turning into a democracy, because to me, that's absolutely rediculous. Too many people riding high horses here.

I haven't seen too many other teams have so many different support groups. Especially only in their 2nd year in a league.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
While over the top, he has a point.

You're right that nobody shouldn't care what other people/groups think, but the reality is if you want to consider yourself/your group a supporter/supporters group... well you know where I'm going. :lol:

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
While over the top, he has a point.

You're right that nobody shouldn't care what other people/groups think, but the reality is if you want to consider yourself/your group a supporter/supporters group... well you know where I'm going. :lol:

I'm always over the top. I don't mean much by it. That's just how I express myself.

When I got my season tickets in 112 last season, knowing I was in the supporters section, I was excited as hell. I registered on the board, and considered myself a Red Patch Boy. Until this place got completely rediculous.

I am a huge supporter of Toronto FC. I'm more passionate about this team than I am about any other team, in any other sport. I literally was almost sick to my stomach on Tuesday, due to the ref and sheer frustration. I don't usually care about a sport to let it affect me that much. But when it comes to football, I get pretty emotional. Thing is, I'm quiet by nature. Unless I'm wasted, you won't see me chanting and jumping around. If I am, I chant, I yell at the ref...etc.

But over the course of last season, I began to dislike what was happening to this place. We're divided. Everything gets blown way out of proportion, and to be honest, the RPB try having way too much control. That being said, being organized and united is a great thing. I just don't know if we're going about it the right way. Every group seem to be Elitist, and that is gonna hurt us more and more in the long run.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm always over the top. I don't mean much by it. That's just how I express myself.

When I got my season tickets in 112 last season, knowing I was in the supporters section, I was excited as hell. I registered on the board, and considered myself a Red Patch Boy. Until this place got completely rediculous.

I am a huge supporter of Toronto FC. I'm more passionate about this team than I am about any other team, in any other sport. I literally was almost sick to my stomach on Tuesday, due to the ref and sheer frustration. I don't usually care about a sport to let it affect me that much. But when it comes to football, I get pretty emotional. Thing is, I'm quiet by nature. Unless I'm wasted, you won't see me chanting and jumping around. If I am, I chant, I yell at the ref...etc.

But over the course of last season, I began to dislike what was happening to this place. We're divided. Everything gets blown way out of proportion, and to be honest, the RPB try having way too much control. That being said, being organized and united is a great thing. I just don't know if we're going about it the right way. Every group seem to be Elitist, and that is gonna hurt us more and more in the long run.

IMO- we got too big too fast, and didn't clearly define what we were all about (as Shaughno mentioned earlier). I'm sure there are lots of people who feel the same way you do (Even I've agreed with few of your points there). I've got my opinions on what we should be all about. I'm not going to change people's minds, so I go on doing what I do. Some people may look at those opinions as elitist, and that's fine. I honestly couldn't care less.

BTW- are you still in 112? I'm in row 20- come on up and say hi :)

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 11:45 AM
People on this board seem to confuse elitist with ideology.

Each group needs to have an ideology, this doesn't mean they are elitist. If i start a left wing group i don't expect the right wing activists to call me elitist because i don't allow them to join or i don't share their views.

Find out what the groups ideoligy is, and if yours doesn't match it, then move elsewhere...but don't call them elitist.

FluSH
07-03-2008, 11:49 AM

You do know that a large group of people that post on this section are NOT RPB.

We have an RPB only section... that only members can view.

If you are a member it should say RPB member under your name... if you don't have that contact Rooney and he will fix things for you.

TFC07
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
quick question: how many supporter groups do we have now?

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 12:00 PM
IMO- we got too big too fast, and didn't clearly define what we were all about (as Shaughno mentioned earlier). I'm sure there are lots of people who feel the same way you do (Even I've agreed with few of your points there). I've got my opinions on what we should be all about. I'm not going to change people's minds, so I go on doing what I do. Some people may look at those opinions as elitist, and that's fine. I honestly couldn't care less.

BTW- are you still in 112? I'm in row 20- come on up and say hi :)

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. Sorry if my comments came off harsh. They weren't intended to be.

To answer your question, yes and no. My cousin and I have season tickets in 112, attended every game last season. But this season, we had to sell our tickets (not sure to who, cousin handled it) because both of our schedules are too busy. But we still own the rights. Between work and training (MMA), I just don't have much time. We were at the home opener and will be attending the All-Star Game.

You've probably already seen me at a game because, since - if I recall correctly, I'm in row 17. I usually wear a black DC hat, and I wore a France jersey to the home opener (surprisingly, didn't get booed for it either).

I'm really kicking myself now though, as my schedule has opened up as of late. I bought 3 tickets at $55 each to attend Tuesday's game. It was worth it though. I brought my younger brother to his first TFC game, and my girlfriend to her second. Next season, we won't be selling them.

I'd also like to get more involved with RPB events and such. Get to know you people...I'm just a quiet guy until you get me drunk.

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
You do know that a large group of people that post on this section are NOT RPB.

We have an RPB only section... that only members can view.

If you are a member it should say RPB member under your name... if you don't have that contact Rooney and he will fix things for you.

I'm not a member. I haven't paid for anything.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. Sorry if my comments came off harsh. They weren't intended to be.

No worries at all. it's the internets....thing are often taken way out of context :D

I'd also like to get more involved with RPB events and such. Get to know you people...I'm just a quiet guy until you get me drunk.

Where abouts do you live? We do kickabouts in Oakville often- next one is this Sunday at 4 (Check the RPB section).

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 12:12 PM
No worries at all. it's the internets....thing are often taken way out of context :D

Where abouts do you live? We do kickabouts in Oakville often- next one is this Sunday at 4 (Check the RPB section).

I live in Wasaga Beach, but my girlfriend's brother lives in Oakville, so we're down there fairly often. I can't check the RPB section, I'm not a "member".

I'd love to play in kickabouts though. What's the general skill level or the people who play? Just asking because I'm a rep/varsity (back in high school) caliber player.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I live in Wasaga Beach, but my girlfriend's brother lives in Oakville, so we're down there fairly often. I can't check the RPB section, I'm not a "member".

You can check the Red Patch Boys Section :)...there's a separate forum for members only.

I'd love to play in kickabouts though. What's the general skill level or the people who play? Just asking because I'm a rep/varsity (back in high school) caliber player.

We get all kinds...those who have been playing all their life, and those who just started receintly. It's all for fun really....mostly.... :D

BC101
07-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Its not hippy peace its Jesus peace...

FluSH
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
quick question: how many supporter groups do we have now?

approximatly 20

FluSH
07-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not a member. I haven't paid for anything.

No worries...

I think next year I would like to see an oath... kind of like kissing the cod in Newfoundland but less smelly!!!

Hooligan69
07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Kissing the three-eyed fish from Lake Ontario?

FluSH
07-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Kissing the three-eyed fish from Lake Ontario?

Brilliant! lol

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I got one better.....

You have do to a body shot off El Presidente

That'll separate the men from the boys ;)

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
You mean the women from the men.

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I got one better.....

You have do to a body shot off El Presidente

That'll separate the men from the boys ;)

I've probably done worse...bring it on! Unless...is he hairy?

edit: I didn't realize the membership fee included a kick ass scarf...that's worth the $25 alone. I just wanna know what I'm paying for. I think I might pay up.

Barbarez
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM

edit: I didn't realize the membership fee included a kick ass scarf...that's worth the $25 alone. I just wanna know what I'm paying for. I think I might pay up.

pussy

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
:rofl: Come on Barbie, it's your turn to join.

AL-MO
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM

So before you go spouting off about how wrong membership is, maybe you should find out what it entails before you post about it....just an idea..

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 12:38 PM

Alright my man, we can do this in a civil way, it's my preference to be honest. I understand your point and when people suggest that there was no indication of what RPB meant do not recollect the early times or 'The Post' that I made in the winter. That post was a cry to get people back on track and start to support the club as rabid supporters. Funny thing, GeorgeB was the first to respond in agreement as were many other until a few took it as a personal attack, then Boom!

Red Patch were always meant to be a rabid supporters club without any sort of Hooligan activity. It was stated early that we always wanted this to be a unifying party atmosphere where our spirits were to stay high through thick and thin. I remember early conversations with Exiled, specifically where we agreed on this long before I ever met him. Mike and Damien were adamant that this be festive in style. The mention of this being a 'job' never existed, this was a later incarnation.

I was getting miffed that charitable elements were taking away from the support, it was in the winter where I found out that charitable elements were taking the supporters out of the stands 10-15min before the game commenced. Admittedly this through me over the edge, my partner was involved with this and refused to leave early to take part in this portion of the activity. But when I found out from her that the monies were going to TFC Charities instead of club support I lost the plot a little. And at this point I haven't mentioned that it was done without any consent of the President of the time.

Now back to the current situation, I stand by my feeling then and now. RPB was always meant to be a festival in support of TFC. We were going to be carnivorous towards other teams and former players, and when the game finished, we parties like rock stars. My linguistic style may seem to deviate me from other individuals perceptions, but I think the essence is there. How this is different from NEE, I'm not to sure as I've never sat there. But I do know a few of the members and they seem quite familiar in style and substance. I have nothing against anyone on these boards or in any group, and I always find it interesting that if you express an opinion beyond the norm things get quite ravenous. But in the end, support like all sociological spheres comes in all shapes and sizes. Any attempt to create a unified norm will be a failure, this is why we have multiple political parties.

I've seen live football in Italy, Spain, England, Canada, Holland, etc and one thing always stays consistent. Everyone is different. And we all like it that was I can assure, so why can't we have the same mentality here? Why can't I cheer differently? Or anyone else for that matter. And has been said many times here before, today's 'fan' can be tomorrows supporter but you just have to give it some time.

I do not want any more bickering like everyone else, I just want the atmosphere at The Fortress to be awesome when I return. I appreciate all of the work NEE does as well as contributions from Jack, Mike, Deniz, Connie, Jay, Mike L, etc etc... And it can never be taken away from me the efforts, good or bad, that I put in as well.

It's tough for me to give concrete suggestions from so for away, but all I can do is provide help with what experience I have. Hopefully I can get us one step closer to what all of us here envision.

Cheers!!
Patrick

Barbarez
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
fuck you jason

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 12:42 PM
:D Fuck Off!

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 12:46 PM
So before you go spouting off about how wrong membership is, maybe you should find out what it entails before you post about it....just an idea..

granted...100%.

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
fuck you jason

:D Fuck Off!

Fuck you both!

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
fuck you jason

Oh come on...you join RPB- and you get to hang out with me more! That alone is worth it ;)

Dredg_XI- Membership is definatly worth looking into :D

t.o_moose
07-03-2008, 12:49 PM

FUCK membership :D

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Fuck you both!

There's a lot of fucking going on around here...

er...nevermind...

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Alright my man, we can do this in a civil way, it's my preference to be honest. I understand your point and when people suggest that there was no indication of what RPB meant do not recollect the early times or 'The Post' that I made in the winter. That post was a cry to get people back on track and start to support the club as rabid supporters. Funny thing, GeorgeB was the first to respond in agreement as were many other until a few took it as a personal attack, then Boom!

Red Patch were always meant to be a rabid supporters club without any sort of Hooligan activity. It was stated early that we always wanted this to be a unifying party atmosphere where our spirits were to stay high through thick and thin. I remember early conversations with Exiled, specifically where we agreed on this long before I ever met him. Mike and Damien were adamant that this be festive in style. The mention of this being a 'job' never existed, this was a later incarnation.

I was getting miffed that charitable elements were taking away from the support, it was in the winter where I found out that charitable elements were taking the supporters out of the stands 10-15min before the game commenced. Admittedly this through me over the edge, my partner was involved with this and refused to leave early to take part in this portion of the activity. But when I found out from her that the monies were going to TFC Charities instead of club support I lost the plot a little. And at this point I haven't mentioned that it was done without any consent of the President of the time.

Now back to the current situation, I stand by my feeling then and now. RPB was always meant to be a festival in support of TFC. We were going to be carnivorous towards other teams and former players, and when the game finished, we parties like rock stars. My linguistic style may seem to deviate me from other individuals perceptions, but I think the essence is there. How this is different from NEE, I'm not to sure as I've never sat there. But I do know a few of the members and they seem quite familiar in style and substance. I have nothing against anyone on these boards or in any group, and I always find it interesting that if you express an opinion beyond the norm things get quite ravenous. But in the end, support like all sociological spheres comes in all shapes and sizes. Any attempt to create a unified norm will be a failure, this is why we have multiple political parties.

I've seen live football in Italy, Spain, England, Canada, Holland, etc and one thing always stays consistent. Everyone is different. And we all like it that was I can assure, so why can't we have the same mentality here? Why can't I cheer differently? Or anyone else for that matter. And has been said many times here before, today's 'fan' can be tomorrows supporter but you just have to give it some time.

I do not want any more bickering like everyone else, I just want the atmosphere at The Fortress to be awesome when I return. I appreciate all of the work NEE does as well as contributions from Jack, Mike, Deniz, Connie, Jay, Mike L, etc etc... And it can never be taken away from me the efforts, good or bad, that I put in as well.

It's tough for me to give concrete suggestions from so for away, but all I can do is provide help with what experience I have. Hopefully I can get us one step closer to what all of us here envision.

Cheers!!
Patrick

This is the type of conversation i enjoy having;)

If a group....lets leave the names out of it....If a group is set on a certain belief then it should be the leadership of that group responsibility to ensure those believes remain unchanged, and not blur the lines to fit everyone in it.

To me you can never please all, and neither should you try. You started something with views and goals in mind, and either people jump on it, embrace it, and become a part of it, or just plain and simple FUCK OFF.

This is not being elitist, this is having an ideology and a belief.

Bluring lines to be an all inclusive brotherhood is an utopia, and will dilute the true core of what the group started for and the ideas behind it.

The other issue becomes the difference in ideologies of the leaders of any group. The leadership needs to be cohesive and united on all issues, otherwise it looks like a not well run ship, where every dick gets his toilet.
If differences exist they need to be kept centralized and kept in private, but the leadership as a unit should be 1. Otherwise the group becomes divided, where some follow one view and some follow another...

Like it or not members look up to guys like CB, Jack, Parkdale, Jay, and others as the "leaders", and a responsibility comes with that. If you have 2 people that are well respected but disagree on views and are vocal about it, then there is a rif, and people will take one side or the other, and then the discussions on what style of supporting makes a supporter and etc will start.

I know to you i am troll and an outsider, and as such maybe i have a more clear view, but any group, either that be political, social, or recreative, needs one thing...a core of values and guidelines, ideology and strong and cohesive leadership, without the future will always be what the present has shown us.

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
waiting for Kingpin to respond...

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
if you call yourself a supporter you shouldn't have any voice left after 90 minutes..

Dude, seriously?

If you have a voice after 90 minutes:

- you're probably actually watching the game
- you don't smoke too much
- you may be a professional singer

I have seen some of our "hardcore" fans jumping up and down, singing, chanting yelling screaming, and they ask me after the game "Was he really offside?", I also hear "I missed that part."

Some of us are there to watch the game so we know what we're actually yelling about.

Yes my voice is hoarse after I leave, but it's not because I spent 90 minutes singing, it's because when I yell people fucking hear me.

Stop calling us "part-time" supporters, and "Not real" supporters, because it's really starting to piss us off.

Am I not a real supporter because I spent 5 times the money on my tickets so I could sit a center pitch? I'm not a real supporter because i accidentally left my scarf at home? Ami I not a real supporter becuase I come down on some players and not others?

Where the "official football supporters" hand book? Does it include stuff like "thou shalt murder and dismember the supporters of opposing clubs?", 'cuz if a Chelsea Headhunter saw ANY of us he would call us a bunch of fucking pussy's for not having any blood on our hands.

How about "Thou shalt riot when thy team loseth"; "Thou shalt burn down the busses of opposing teams"

Seriously? I want to see the rule book too....

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Where the "official football supporters" hand book? Does it include stuff like "thou shalt murder and dismember the supporters of opposing clubs?", 'cuz if a Chelsea Headhunter saw ANY of us he would call us a bunch of fucking pussy's for not having any blood on our hands.

How about "Thou shalt riot when thy team loseth"; "Thou shalt burn down the busses of opposing teams"

I was there.. You weren't... when Vancouver got on their minivans!!

When did i personally call you part time supporter?? You know you can watch the game and chant and clap and jump too... those things are not mutually exclusive.. I do it all the time and i saw others who can do it too..

I am not asking people to close their eyes or turn their backs when chanting.. I always and continue to ask for people to get involved in chants and clapping and jumping...nothing about not watching the game...

You guys seriously think we are all about random chants and turning our backs or closing our eyes or something???

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
You guys seriously think we are all about random chants and turning our backs or closing our eyes or something???

Hey, I didn't mean personally, i'm just saying that the south end doesn't have exclusive rights on fandom, and some of the people you're talking about are standing right in front of you, beside you and a few rows up from you! !EDIT! was a joke against Vancouver! I left for 112 before the end of the first half!

My point was, the definition of "real supporter" is a little silly right? Anywhere else in the world, even our !EDIT! would be laughed at. Hell we laugh at them, but for deifferent reasons.

I'm just pissed off at Real fan, not real fan, part-time supporter - the folks on this board all support our team in different ways, and if they sing after a loss, so what? If we sing next day riding the TTC on the way to work, so what?

Barbarez
07-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey, I didn't mean personally, i'm just saying that the south end doesn't have exclusive rights on fandom, and some of the people you're talking about are standing right in front of you, beside you and a few rows up from you! 114 was a joke against Vancouver! I left for 112 before the end of the first half!

My point was, the definition of "real supporter" is a little silly right? Anywhere else in the world, even our "ultras" would be laughed at. Hell we laugh at them, but for deifferent reasons.

I'm just pissed off at Real fan, not real fan, part-time supporter - the folks on this board all support our team in different ways, and if they sing after a loss, so what? If we sing next day riding the TTC on the way to work, so what?

Who are you man? I dont see your banners and flags in 114? I dont see you starting chants? I dont see you and your boys with megaphones?
Fuck you buddy, when we try and get the whole section going its guys like you who give us shit and wanna fight us because you dont feel like singing, then turn around and call us out cause we're not loud enough. Suck a dick shit face.

blackandwhite
07-03-2008, 01:46 PM
except for the bottom of 112 the south was pretty dead against Vancouver. the issue is not that they are singing..it's what they are singing. And especially these people who are usually the casual type and don't know all the chants and only sing the typical Toronto chants in the Go tunnel after the game..

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Who are you man? I dont see your banners and flags in 114? I dont see you starting chants? I dont see you and your boys with megaphones?
Fuck you buddy, when we try and get the whole section going its guys like you who give us shit and wanna fight us because you dont feel like singing, then turn around and call us out cause we're not loud enough. Suck a dick shit face.

You don't see my banners because I normally sit in 223, with the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. I get to scare the kids and old ladies with my swearing, stomping and yelling most games.

I was loud in !EDIT!, and was given a few dirty looks. I would never give ANYONE shit for being loud and proud, but I also won't give anyone shit for sitting quietly and watching the game.

james
07-03-2008, 01:49 PM
EXACTLY....

Where are these 10 commandments of how to be a supporter?!? Moses? Where are you?

hahaha , thats what im starting to think!

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
except for the bottom of 112 the south was pretty dead against Vancouver. the issue is not that they are singing..it's what they are singing. And especially these people who are usually the casual type and don't know all the chants and only sing the typical Toronto chants in the Go tunnel after the game..

Come to 127 - we'll make you say uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Barbarez
07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
You don't see my banners because I normally sit in 223, with the Prawn Sandwich Brigade. I get to scare the kids and old ladies with my swearing, stomping and yelling most games.

I was loud in 114, and was given a few dirty looks. I would never give ANYONE shit for being loud and proud, but I also won't give anyone shit for sitting quietly and watching the game.

Then shut up. 114 is the way it is because certain people want it to be like that. Plain and simple. If you think the section needs help, give us some ideas, dont bitch about it on a internet forum.

BC101
07-03-2008, 01:53 PM

THANK YOU... How many fuckin times can people sing Oh when the reds in one fuckin day...

PS applies to this is our house too esp in the tunnel.. I think Oh When the Reds, This is Our House, TFC TFC TFC !!! are the only ones i ever friggin hear in that tunnel...

Hooligan69
07-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm still looking for a reason as to why people chant "this is our house" when we're at home.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Come to 127 - we'll make you say uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Uuhhhhhhhhh

nah nah nah naaaaaahh

THANK YOU... How many fuckin times can people sing Oh when the reds in one fuckin day...

PS applies to this is our house too esp in the tunnel.. I think Oh When the Reds, This is Our House, TFC TFC TFC !!! are the only ones i ever friggin hear in that tunnel...

Amen brotha

I'm still looking for a reason as to why people chant "this is our house" when we're at home.

Good luck with that.

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Uuhhhhhhhhh

nah nah nah naaaaaahh

It's a 127 tradition now :cool:

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Really? Fuck, Saturday I'm so there for the first half. :D

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Then shut up. 114 is the way it is because certain people want it to be like that. Plain and simple. If you think the section needs help, give us some ideas, dont bitch about it on a internet forum.

Please don't tell me to shut up on an open forum, it's just makes me want to harass you more. :D

I wasn't bitching about anything except people telling others how to be a supporter!

I really don't care that !EDIT! is the way it is! I just mentioned it was quiet! Holy hell it was still louder than 223 is on any given game day!

!EDIT! can do what it wants! 127 can show up naked! 221 can dance the boogie! 119 can keep bees! The Beer Garden can sun tan!

I just don't like the words "REAL FAN", because it implies that there is some sort of final exam and a degree so that the name on my letter head can say "James Deane, R.TFC.S.".

BC101
07-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I tried Tuesday but was denied access and had to stand in the beer garden... Overrated BTW. The beer garden i mean.

Hooligan69
07-03-2008, 02:02 PM
The "Real Fans" are in Salt Lake anyway.

;)

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I tried Tuesday but was denied access and had to stand in the beer garden... Overrated BTW. The beer garden i mean.

No Man U fans allowed :D ;)

AL-MO

I was loud in 114, and was given a few dirty looks. I would never give ANYONE shit for being loud and proud, but I also won't give anyone shit for sitting quietly and watching the game.

Jimmy, try not to insult another supporter's group on here. You are only going to start arguments. If you have issues with the Ultras, either PM them on this board or take a visit to ultras114.com

Thanks.

BTW - I usually sit in 114 and the only bright spot in the section is the Ultras. (they are the only ones consistently making noise)

Mrs. Workie

Of course it's "our house". it's our home field. The chant is kind of redundent.

It's a chant that should be done at away games only, BUT ONLY when we're totally kicking ass- both on the pitch and off.

The Kingpin
This is the type of conversation i enjoy having;)

If a group....lets leave the names out of it....If a group is set on a certain belief then it should be the leadership of that group responsibility to ensure those believes remain unchanged, and not blur the lines to fit everyone in it.

To me you can never please all, and neither should you try. You started something with views and goals in mind, and either people jump on it, embrace it, and become a part of it, or just plain and simple FUCK OFF.

Bluring lines to be an all inclusive brotherhood is an utopia, and will dilute the true core of what the group started for and the ideas behind it.

The other issue becomes the difference in ideologies of the leaders of any group. The leadership needs to be cohesive and united on all issues, otherwise it looks like a not well run ship, where every dick gets his toilet.
If differences exist they need to be kept centralized and kept in private, but the leadership as a unit should be 1. Otherwise the group becomes divided, where some follow one view and some follow another...

Like it or not members look up to guys like CB, Jack, Parkdale, Jay, and others as the "leaders", and a responsibility comes with that. If you have 2 people that are well respected but disagree on views and are vocal about it, then there is a rif, and people will take one side or the other, and then the discussions on what style of supporting makes a supporter and etc will start.

I know to you i am troll and an outsider, and as such maybe i have a more clear view, but any group, either that be political, social, or recreative, needs one thing...a core of values and guidelines, ideology and strong and cohesive leadership, without the future will always be what the present has shown us.

Though I think the last post I wrote in this thread was rather succinct, I can see a little clearer what you are saying. We may like it our not organically the Red Patch Boys became a Public Relations beacon for TFC and the media. This made us a popular choice as the supporters group du jour, it was the relaxed atmosphere that seemed to draw so many as well. I remember as I made my choice between the two groups at the time, I had felt that U-Sector displayed a notion that I think is detrimental to the game. Now that I have a clearer view versus those days, I do realise they have rather soft edges like the rest of the groups.

As has been mentioned it was a popular choice to become a Red Patch Boy and we were having a difficult time managing the growth. And when I signed on we had growth goals, but the popularity exceeded our expectations. This forced us to bring in peripheral and tertiary roles and at this point I was extremely busy. This made things quite difficult, and as someone who has a son like yourself, you understand priorities. The exponential growth and the increasing of roles still didn't change who we were, it was the stretch marks made by some who wanted to increase the intensity of their experience. And it also must be noted that groups that started after RPB had it quite easy as they had a strong growing model to base their support mechanism on and then make alterations to suit their needs. I'm not sure what size NEE is, but I do imagine that it is smaller the RPB still.

With this in mind, it must be noted that with this reduced size it is quite easy to control an overarching mantra. NEE and other groups of similar ilk do not have heavy traffic influencing change in general modes. This is the crux of the issue, no matter how strong the original mantra is you will always have variances within. And the fact that former RPB's who have moved on as well as current disillusioned members who currently have influence want to change from this mantra also effects the general populace. Everyone always wants to take a shot at the big boys, and lets be honest, Red Patch is one of if not the largest supporters group in North America. This is not a boast but a focal point of the debate.

The mantra has been clear since day one, it's individuals who deviate from this. I would like to hear Jack's input as he is the current leader of the group, but I know him quite well and feel that he would support what I am saying. Mike was one of the key individuals who built this group from dust and he started this thread based on a discussion we had on this topic alone. We always wanted a festive atmosphere and as I said in my last post, others turned it into a 'job'. This confuses me as I never heard this term until much later in the groups incarnation.

I do like how the groups are working closer together vs. last year. I'm partially to blame for the separation last year, and to be honest it may have been an error on my part. I have a business head thus I can be competitive, and I did have an us v them mentality. I'm impressed with the current formation, and I think all the individuals that form the nucleus of the groups should work hard to galvanise their respective memberships in conjunction with the other groups mentalities. To be curt, stop coming on here saying how we are wrong and celebrate our way instead. I have nothing but respect for the other groups and how they operate, I understand how difficult it can be. I think if you and individuals of similar ilk came here to party, you would be extremely well received. Again, I have nothing against anyone personally, I'm just passionate about RPB and want to ensure it continues to foster a celebratory atmosphere.

Cheers!!
Patrick

Hooligan69
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Of course it's "our house". it's our home field. The chant is kind of redundent.

It's a chant that should be done at away games only, BUT ONLY when we're totally kicking ass- both on the pitch and off.

QFT. 100% agreed.

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
What is this, the novel thread? :rofl:

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Jimmy, try not to insult another supporter's group on here. You are only going to start arguments. If you have issues with the Ultras, either PM them on this board or take a visit to ultras114.com

Thanks.

BTW - I usually sit in 114 and the only bright spot in the section is the Ultras. (they are the only ones consistently making noise)

Ok. dude. Not trying to insult anyone. Shit. Damn.

I'm sorry.

I retract all comments reffering to !EDIT! in all my posts on this thread.

H Bomb
07-03-2008, 02:07 PM

Thanks.

Hey man, Find me the bit where he insulted another supporters group. I'm pretty sure he did mention how he loves it when people sing and make noise, which the Ultras do. 114 is a big section.

Barbarez
07-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Hey man, Find me the bit where he insulted another supporters group. I'm pretty sure he did mention how he loves it when people sing and make noise, which the Ultras do. 114 is a big section.

"Anywhere else in the world, even our "ultras" would be laughed at. Hell we laugh at them, but for deifferent reasons."

olegunnar
07-03-2008, 02:12 PM
What is this, the novel thread? :rofl:

It's turned into the "how to say don't boss me in 1500 words or more" thread

H Bomb
07-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Fair enough, there was a mild insult there. Lets not let it get out of hand...that's me on the subject.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 02:14 PM
It's turned into the "how to say don't boss me in 1500 words or more" thread

My brain hurts... :(

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Fair enough, there was a mild insult there. Lets not let it get out of hand...that's me on the subject.

And I wasn't actually reffering to Ultras114 specifically (note the small u and the quotation marks), I was referring to the term ultras whose deifintion can be found on wikipedia as such:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultras

Sorry to offend; I like debate, not insult.

olegunnar
07-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I think the coles notes version is:
TO Devils: a group needs an ideology, an either you're in our you're out, supported and upheld by the leaders, or else the group gets wishy washy and pulled in various directions and doesn't get much done and is always bickering thereby diminishing it's influence.

Toon in Toronto: Our ideology from day one was to have no ideology so sod off swampy

AL-MO
07-03-2008, 02:18 PM
"Anywhere else in the world, even our "ultras" would be laughed at. Hell we laugh at them, but for deifferent reasons."

This is what I am refering to. When you post this you are asking for something not too pleasant to come back.

Am I right Barbarez?? :D

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
This is what I am refering to. When you post this you are asking for something not too pleasant to come back.

Am I right Barbarez?? :D

See my post 2 above yours, and again, I'm really sorry! Honest!

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
TO Devils: a group needs an ideology, an either you're in our you're out, supported and upheld by the leaders, or else the group gets wishy washy and pulled in various directions and doesn't get much done and is always bickering thereby diminishing it's influence.

Toon in Toronto: Our ideology from day one was to have no ideology so sod off swampy

hahahaha..... swampy.

And like I've said before, it's really hard to have a collective ideology with a group of this size. There will always be differing opinions, even though we all agree that support is what matters in the end.

FluSH
07-03-2008, 02:40 PM

I think this shold be done more often... a coles notes version of threads!!! I don't have time anymore to read through +5 pages of verbal fencing!

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I think this shold be done more often... a coles notes version of threads!!! I don't have time anymore to read through +5 pages of verbal fencing!

Personally I think it's been a constructive conversation. This is the positives that can come from message boards. As a member who is abroad, it gives me a voice. Me like. :drinking:

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 02:50 PM
hahahaha..... swampy.

And like I've said before, it's really hard to have a collective ideology with a group of this size. There will always be differing opinions, even though we all agree that support is what matters in the end.

Didn't I just say that... :cool:

But we do have a basis of an ideology. Red Patch always means vigorously and passionately supporting TFC and having an awesome time doing it. This is what I bought into, and I loved every minute of it!

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Its one of the loudest chants ever.....Master P would be proud.:D

olegunnar
07-03-2008, 03:10 PM
hahahaha..... swampy.

To be perfectly honest..I don't know what sod off swampy means. I know some brits that have just come here recently and they use it as a "get outta here you twit" kind of insult to friends.

On the off chance I have the meaning/interpretation wrong...I apologize.

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Though I think the last post I wrote in this thread was rather succinct, I can see a little clearer what you are saying. We may like it our not organically the Red Patch Boys became a Public Relations beacon for TFC and the media. This made us a popular choice as the supporters group du jour, it was the relaxed atmosphere that seemed to draw so many as well. I remember as I made my choice between the two groups at the time, I had felt that U-Sector displayed a notion that I think is detrimental to the game. Now that I have a clearer view versus those days, I do realise they have rather soft edges like the rest of the groups.

As has been mentioned it was a popular choice to become a Red Patch Boy and we were having a difficult time managing the growth. And when I signed on we had growth goals, but the popularity exceeded our expectations. This forced us to bring in peripheral and tertiary roles and at this point I was extremely busy. This made things quite difficult, and as someone who has a son like yourself, you understand priorities. The exponential growth and the increasing of roles still didn't change who we were, it was the stretch marks made by some who wanted to increase the intensity of their experience. And it also must be noted that groups that started after RPB had it quite easy as they had a strong growing model to base their support mechanism on and then make alterations to suit their needs. I'm not sure what size NEE is, but I do imagine that it is smaller the RPB still.

With this in mind, it must be noted that with this reduced size it is quite easy to control an overarching mantra. NEE and other groups of similar ilk do not have heavy traffic influencing change in general modes. This is the crux of the issue, no matter how strong the original mantra is you will always have variances within. And the fact that former RPB's who have moved on as well as current disillusioned members who currently have influence want to change from this mantra also effects the general populace. Everyone always wants to take a shot at the big boys, and lets be honest, Red Patch is one of if not the largest supporters group in North America. This is not a boast but a focal point of the debate.

The mantra has been clear since day one, it's individuals who deviate from this. I would like to hear Jack's input as he is the current leader of the group, but I know him quite well and feel that he would support what I am saying. Mike was one of the key individuals who built this group from dust and he started this thread based on a discussion we had on this topic alone. We always wanted a festive atmosphere and as I said in my last post, others turned it into a 'job'. This confuses me as I never heard this term until much later in the groups incarnation.

I do like how the groups are working closer together vs. last year. I'm partially to blame for the separation last year, and to be honest it may have been an error on my part. I have a business head thus I can be competitive, and I did have an us v them mentality. I'm impressed with the current formation, and I think all the individuals that form the nucleus of the groups should work hard to galvanise their respective memberships in conjunction with the other groups mentalities. To be curt, stop coming on here saying how we are wrong and celebrate our way instead. I have nothing but respect for the other groups and how they operate, I understand how difficult it can be. I think if you and individuals of similar ilk came here to party, you would be extremely well received. Again, I have nothing against anyone personally, I'm just passionate about RPB and want to ensure it continues to foster a celebratory atmosphere.

Cheers!!
Patrick

I do agree with you on most of your points. Size of the group does make things dificult, but it is the job of the leadership, not just the president to enforce that mantra and reafirm it when needed.

Lets use the capo example, the fact that leadership is so divided on this issue, becomes an issue on its own. You have two solutions, either you have a leader stepping up and saying this is what we will do, or you put it to a vote. Now if the leader has been elected by the membership to represent them then no need for voting, otherwise what was he placed their to beging with? People lead by example not just by title, and we have great examples in all groups of this behaviour.

As you said RPB is the biggest group in NA, i am not sure if you are counting the popular vote or the membership numbers, but either way i don't think you are far from the truth, having said that is possible one of the most un-united groups when it comes to issues like Capo, chants and protests. Yes it is easy to blame it on size, but at some point you need to figure a solution to implement what the mantra is and was, otherwise you are allowing the lunatics to run the asylum.

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Personally I think it's been a constructive conversation. This is the positives that can come from message boards. As a member who is abroad, it gives me a voice. Me like. :drinking:

I agree with Pat. This has some of the best dialogue i have seen for some time now.

Looking away from issues and pretending they are not there doesn't solve any issues at all, only makes them fester and get bigger and ugly.

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
hahahaha..... swampy.

I think people are starting to question what defines support. So it is hard to say support is all it matters in the end, when you don't know what each one defines support is.;)

So how can u unify under something so many disagree on?

Shaughno
07-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I agree with Pat. This has some of the best dialogue i have seen for some time now.

Looking away from issues and pretending they are not there doesn't solve any issues at all, only makes them fester and get bigger and ugly.

I also agree. Issues like these were left for too long and it's only going to get worse if left untouched.

AL-MO
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM

OMG!!! :eek:

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
So it is hard to say support is all it matters in the end, when you don't know what each one defines support is.;)

now that's a paradox!

I think that if someone honestly believes they are supporting the team,
then they probably are. Until I've walked a mile in their shoes, it's not
my place to say their heart wasn't in it when they think it was.

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Here's what I would define as a supporter:

- loves the team, through the good times, and the bad times
- welcomes anyone else who does the same

That's all a supporter is to me.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 03:35 PM
As a member who is abroad, it gives me a voice. Me like. :drinking:

Like you need to be any louder!! ;)

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 03:37 PM
So how can u unify under something so many disagree on?

Five Words:

Put Up, or Shut Up

This is what we're about. You don't like it, there's the door.

:D

Problem being, I don't think we've clearly defined "it"

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I do agree with you on most of your points. Size of the group does make things dificult, but it is the job of the leadership, not just the president to enforce that mantra and reafirm it when needed.

Lets use the capo example, the fact that leadership is so divided on this issue, becomes an issue on its own. You have two solutions, either you have a leader stepping up and saying this is what we will do, or you put it to a vote. Now if the leader has been elected by the membership to represent them then no need for voting, otherwise what was he placed their to beging with? People lead by example not just by title, and we have great examples in all groups of this behaviour.

As you said RPB is the biggest group in NA, i am not sure if you are counting the popular vote or the membership numbers, but either way i don't think you are far from the truth, having said that is possible one of the most un-united groups when it comes to issues like Capo, chants and protests. Yes it is easy to blame it on size, but at some point you need to figure a solution to implement what the mantra is and was, otherwise you are allowing the lunatics to run the asylum.

I agree with the unification element, and as I said earlier I tried to do this in the winter. Not only with 'the thread' but I talked with many dedicated RPB's as well. At the time they agreed when I spoke with them, but after the thread was released they turned a blind eye as popular opinion changed and it became witch hunt. I will always stand by my notion that we were losing grip and focus.

I agree that we need to have a mantra, and this has to come from the top. We would do this in the past and the results were mixed. I remember when Mike and I were planning the buses for the Beckham game, and the general consensus was that it was lame and people wouldn't go on them. History now tells the true story. I agree that we need to do this more, not everyone is a visionary. If for some reason the mantra has changed and I don't like it I can make the decision to move along. It can be equated to religion, it always irks me when people say the church needs to change. Why do they need to change, they have a set of beliefs and if you don't like them you can become Henry VIII.

I feel rather cathartic right now. I have been screaming about this for so long, now we are finally discussing it in the way I always intended. We should roll others into the conversation, and see if we can maintain this decorum.

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Like you need to be any louder!! ;)

Whew! I thought someone was going to say "you're abroad" ;)

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree with the unification element, and as I said earlier I tried to do this in the winter. Not only with 'the thread' but I talked with many dedicated RPB's as well. At the time they agreed when I spoke with them, but after the thread was released they turned a blind eye as popular opinion changed and it became witch hunt. I will always stand by my notion that we were losing grip and focus.

I agree that we need to have a mantra, and this has to come from the top. We would do this in the past and the results were mixed. I remember when Mike and I were planning the buses for the Beckham game, and the general consensus was that it was lame and people wouldn't go on them. History now tells the true story. I agree that we need to do this more, not everyone is a visionary. If for some reason the mantra has changed and I don't like it I can make the decision to move along. It can be equated to religion, it always irks me when people say the church needs to change. Why do they need to change, they have a set of beliefs and if you don't like them you can become Henry VIII.

I feel rather cathartic right now. I have been screaming about this for so long, now we are finally discussing it in the way I always intended. We should roll others into the conversation, and see if we can maintain this decorum.

I hope this conversation does bring others into the discussion, because discussing issues can be a healthy and liberating activaty.

I have rather enjoyed this and hope more jump in, this would be a very nice debate to have, it would help all groups and all TFC supporters.

TO DEVILS
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
OMG!!! :eek:

Hell just froze over.:D

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Hell just froze over.:D

I'll get my jacket.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Whew! I thought someone was going to say "you're abroad" ;)

Even though you're over there, you're always around...like that foot fungus no one can get rid of ;)

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Even though you're over there, you're always around...like that foot fungus no one can get rid of ;)

You mean omnipresent like a god... Right?:devil:

The Kingpin
07-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I hope this conversation does bring others into the discussion, because discussing issues can be a healthy and liberating activaty.

I have rather enjoyed this and hope more jump in, this would be a very nice debate to have, it would help all groups and all TFC supporters.

Off to sleep... I have a three hour train ride to Coventry in the morning. I can't wait for the weekend. Crush Pachuca!!!

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 05:15 PM
You mean omnipresent like a god... Right?:devil:

That's EXACTLY what I mean :rofl:

Sweet Dreams PK

Rudi
07-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Dude WTF??

Can everyone leave us out of this little civil war? Thanks in advance.

Bluenose13
07-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Whew......That was a good read, well done to the both of you.........My personal favourite quote.............

Preach it brother :D

adampz
07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Here's what I would define as a supporter:

- loves the team, through the good times, and the bad times
- welcomes anyone else who does the same

That's all a supporter is to me.

Amen brother. Im all for new ideas on different ways to support the club, but arent we all taking it too far and arguing too much with eachother. If you have to argue and fight, please do it with supporters of the other clubs. Who are we trying to become, the paris saint germain supporters?

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Not only with 'the thread' but I talked with many dedicated RPB's as well. At the time they agreed when I spoke with them, but after the thread was released they turned a blind eye as popular opinion changed and it became witch hunt.

popular opinion was swayed when you made it into a personal thing.
Many of the ideas were sound, but some of them were way off base.

Like I said since "the damn thread",
I like you but don't like how you politik*.

*spelling is correct. look it up.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Amen brother. Im all for new ideas on different ways to support the club, but arent we all taking it too far and arguing too much with eachother.

I've said it before...it takes all kinds...with a group this large, you're going to get a variety of opinions.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Agreed. I won't get into it here. PM me Pat, we'll chat :D

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 09:29 PM
^ what? no chat for me?

oh wait...... we'll chat over CAMPING!!!

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes, camping...drunken....awesome...camping...

Rudi
07-03-2008, 09:40 PM
With Super Soakers?

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
With Super Soakers?

full on water balloons. You gonna be there?

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Rudi if you come, I'll bring supersoakers :D

And Parkdale will bring water balloons

Rudi
07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Rudi if you come, I'll bring supersoakers :D

And Parkdale will bring water balloons
Will all the girls be forced to wear white t-shirts? :D

As tempting an offer as it is, I believe that is also the U-Sector Cottage Weekend.

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 09:57 PM
^ so it's just like boy scouts again? Or is there a girl guide camp across the lake?

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Will all the girls be forced to wear white t-shirts? :D

Bikini tops only...

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Look what you did Rudi! This thread is totally off topic!

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 10:01 PM
^ ban him (from the pool at the campground! )

Rudi
07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
^ so it's just like boy scouts again? Or is there a girl guide camp across the lake?
:noidea:

Bikini tops only...
White t-shirts are better.

Bikini tops are meant for water.

Rudi
07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Look what you did Rudi! This thread is totally off topic!
Bikini tops, wet t-shirts and water fights are ALWAYS on topic.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Touche....

To bad you'll be at the "cottage"

Parkdale
07-03-2008, 10:15 PM
^ wait.... wasn't that parade last weekend.

I kid, I kid.

Mrs. Workie
07-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh Snap!

Rudi
07-03-2008, 11:00 PM
^ wait.... wasn't that parade last weekend.

I kid, I kid.
You tell me. You were the one volunteering your water balloon service.

icecoldbeer
07-03-2008, 11:47 PM
You tell me. You were the one volunteering your water balloon service.

zing!!

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Many of the ideas were sound, but some of them were way off base.

Like I said since "the damn thread",
I like you but don't like how you politik*.

*spelling is correct. look it up.

That is a major rhetorical error. I never made it personal. It was assumed that the calendar was the element that I was referring to, it ran much deeper than that. There were very few if any elements discussed that were 'way off base'. In discussing the issue with many members it became a consensus that we were losing the focus. It was only a select few very adamant voices that eliminated any chance of well intentioned discussion. I know you can see through the screen Mike, so it surprises me that you think this way. I have always had RPB in mind when I expressed my opinions.

I remember that the general rhetoric during that thread was that I was attempting to take over the group, from England! It was farcical what had happened there, and once it went pear shaped it eliminated any chance for the peripheral supporters to speak their piece. If you truly understand the notion of 'politicking' you certainly would see that this is the last thing I do. I would not polarise myself in any way if I had an agenda. The fact that I have very strong opinions eliminates me from ever gaining majority affect.

I have always taken solace in the fact that I received many PM's stating that my points were valid but these individuals did not want to speak up so not to ostracise themselves with the core of the group. Things were and are getting very insular, and they will get worse if many founders don't see the writing on the wall. The group is shrinking... Ask yourself why. I can't be blamed any more, so what is the issue now?

See why people chose RPB v U-Sector at the beginning and you may discover the crux of the matter.

I dig all of you guys in so many ways, but as I said in the winter, once you are on the outside you really see how hard it is to get in.

Cheers Mike,
PK

Rudi
07-04-2008, 02:57 PM
See why people chose RPB v U-Sector at the beginning and you may discover the crux of the matter.
I'm very curious to know why you think that is(was).

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm very curious to know why you think that is(was).

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, it was a difference in philosophies. It really is that simple, and many of your group have insured that this is well known. To be honest, I'm not sure why there is any confusion Rudi. You are well aware that there are defined philosophical differences between all of the groups. But this does not take away that we all support the club...

Jack
07-04-2008, 03:09 PM
That is a major rhetorical error. I never made it personal. It was assumed that the calendar was the element that I was referring to, it ran much deeper than that. There were very few if any elements discussed that were 'way off base'. In discussing the issue with many members it became a consensus that we were losing the focus. It was only a select few very adamant voices that eliminated any chance of well intentioned discussion. I know you can see through the screen Mike, so it surprises me that you think this way. I have always had RPB in mind when I expressed my opinions.

I remember that the general rhetoric during that thread was that I was attempting to take over the group, from England! It was farcical what had happened there, and once it went pear shaped it eliminated any chance for the peripheral supporters to speak their piece. If you truly understand the notion of 'politicking' you certainly would see that this is the last thing I do. I would not polarise myself in any way if I had an agenda. The fact that I have very strong opinions eliminates me from ever gaining majority affect.

I have always taken solace in the fact that I received many PM's stating that my points were valid but these individuals did not want to speak up so not to ostracise themselves with the core of the group. Things were and are getting very insular, and they will get worse if many founders don't see the writing on the wall. The group is shrinking... Ask yourself why. I can't be blamed any more, so what is the issue now?

I dig all of you guys in so many ways, but as I said in the winter, once you are on the outside you really see how hard it is to get in.

Cheers Mike,
PK

Funny. If you ask Rooney, he'd tell you the opposite of that. We get new members signing up every week.

wisnae me
07-04-2008, 03:10 PM
You are well aware that there are defined philosophical differences between all of the groups.

Wouldn’t we have to have a group philosophy before encountering a philosophical difference ?

MFBODD
07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
We really need a lid on BMO to amplify the noise...that'll help out

werewolf
07-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I always thought the philosophy was to support Toronto FC...hopefully I haven't been misinformed.

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Pat, thanks for the clear response.

The calendar is just an example of where you seemed to think we had 'lost the plot' as a group, because it took over the main goal of supporting the team. I understand you thought that getting back to 'core values' was the priority, but the truth is that we've grown so much since the early days. Things like paid memberships, podcasts, videocasts and merchandise are all departures from the simple core principal of supporting the team, but I honestly believe we're a better group for having given the extra effort.

As for why people choose one group over the other, that's an intensely personal decision made by the individual. It would be like trying to determine why some people prefer tea over coffee. It really doesn't mean a lick because that's their preference. I don't think that people were attracted to a set group dogma, as both groups seem to be anti-dogma for the most part. I'm not sure what this crux* could be over the decision to join one group or another.

*yes... I know that's you're favorite word.

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I always thought the philosophy was to support Toronto FC...hopefully I haven't been misinformed.

Is it a job, or do you do it for enjoyment?

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Wouldn’t we have to have a group philosophy before encountering a philosophical difference ?

what is this? The Zen Paradox thread?

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Pat, thanks for the clear response.

The calendar is just an example of where you seemed to think we had 'lost the plot' as a group, because it took over the main goal of supporting the team. I understand you thought that getting back to 'core values' was the priority, but the truth is that we've grown so much since the early days. Things like paid memberships, podcasts, videocasts and merchandise are all departures from the simple core principal of supporting the team, but I honestly believe we're a better group for having given the extra effort.

That would be your opinion and some may share the same, but that doesn't mean everyone does. While some have been vocal about it, myself and Pat, others have been afraid to say things about it for the simple reason of being afraid of getting 'exiled' from the core group.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:17 PM

I consider it a job that I enjoy. :canada:

H Bomb
07-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Is a job a job if you enjoy it?

:confused:

Zen Paradox thread re title please!!!!

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Funny. If you ask Rooney, he'd tell you the opposite of that. We get new members signing up every week.

We once boasted over 2,000 members. What is the current statistics, I could be wrong but I recently informed that the membership from last year has been reduced. It could be the fact it costs $25... I'm just gong by what I have been told.

blackandwhite
07-04-2008, 03:19 PM
it;s friday 4pm.. .and this is what you guys have time for???
FUCK OFF!! enjoy your weekend! :)

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:19 PM
That would be your opinion and some may share the same, but that doesn't mean everyone does. While some have been vocal about it, myself and Pat, others have been afraid to say things about it for the simple reason of being afraid of getting 'exiled' from the core group.

It's one of those things were people can contribute in non-gameday ways for the enjoyment of the group, without giving up their gameday support to the team. I don't think you have to sacrifice one for the other. If it's a case of saying all the peripheral stuff doesn't add to supporting the team, I don't think anyone would disagree with you. To say it doesn't add some extra enjoyment for those who choose to use it, would be wrong.

noochie
07-04-2008, 03:20 PM
This thread reminds me of Lord of the Flies. Sorry, back to topic.

H Bomb
07-04-2008, 03:21 PM
We once boasted over 2,000 members. What is the current statistics, I could be wrong but I recently informed that the membership from last year has been reduced. It could be the fact it costs $25... I'm just gong by what I have been told.

We once boasted 2000 board members. But that's a messageboard, nothing more.

noochie

mmmm.... beer....

Parkdale

irrelevant fact.

those were 2000 people signed up to a message board.
this new board has only been running since May, so in time
it will also have 2000 'registered members' (as opposed to RPB members)

the numbers don't mean much there.

Shaughno
Is a job a job if you enjoy it?

:confused:

Zen Paradox thread re title please!!!!

Sure, the ultimate goal should be getting a job that both pays well and is enjoyable. I enjoy my job 90% of the time. ;)

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM

My man, you were the first person I stood beside during a live match. And the philosophy was clear, we drink and party hard and enjoy supporting the club no matter what anyone says. Fuck em all, and enjoy the experience... But to me this is not 'a job' it's an awesome experience!!! We never felt if we stopped chanting for a moment we were no longer supporters... We just rocked the joint... This was the essence of RPB!!

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
It's one of those things were people can contribute in non-gameday ways for the enjoyment of the group, without giving up their gameday support to the team. I don't think you have to sacrifice one for the other. If it's a case of saying all the peripheral stuff doesn't add to supporting the team, I don't think anyone would disagree with you. To say it doesn't add some extra enjoyment for those who choose to use it, would be wrong.

Without giving up their gameday support? Like leaving early and showing up late so they can sell calenders?

Don't get me wrong, I fully supported the calender notion. Fantastic way to raise money, but as soon as it cuts into support... time to stop.

H Bomb
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Sure, the ultimate goal should be getting a job that both pays well and is enjoyable. I enjoy my job 90% of the time. ;) The job of supporting TFC?

I'm enjoying my job right now....even though I'm on the board literally right now. Played Halo 3 like 10 minutes ago, also do more work in a day than ever before.

But I enjoy my job as a supporter 100% of the time (hows that for oneupsmanship). After a few years of supporting Birmingham I realized that if you don't find a way to enjoy football even when you are losing, you'll be very miserable. Luckily it looks like we wont be losing much...At least not at Birmingham levels :)

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:25 PM
irrelevant fact.

those were 2000 people signed up to a message board.
this new board has only been running since May, so in time
it will also have 2000 'registered members' (as opposed to RPB members)

the numbers don't mean much there.

So then we are not growing or shrinking... RPB began when membership began. Is this what I'm to understand?

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 03:26 PM

A-Fucking-Men :D

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:27 PM
The job of supporting TFC?

I'm enjoying my job right now....even though I'm on the board literally right now. Played Halo 3 like 10 minutes ago, also do more work in a day than ever before.

But I enjoy my job as a supporter 100% of the time (hows that for oneupsmanship). After a few years of supporting Birmingham I realized that if you don't find a way to enjoy football even when you are losing, you'll be very miserable. Luckily it looks like we wont be losing much...At least not at Birmingham levels :)

And that is the "CRUX" of the matter... Just enjoy the way you like to support... No specific rules, just rock on...

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:32 PM
So then we are not growing or shrinking... RPB began when membership began. Is this what I'm to understand?

not at all, we just didn't have a very accurate way of counting the number of members. Now we do.

H Bomb
07-04-2008, 03:34 PM
And that is the "CRUX" of the matter... Just enjoy the way you like to support... No specific rules, just rock on...

I agree with this completely. But sadly, like many religions and cultures acting naturally in ones own way often offends another acting naturally in their own way.

(also there's no context in the RPB started with membership comment above to Parky. Signing up for RPB messageboard does not equal being RPB)

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:37 PM

and that.... would be very annoying to some people who think that there's a set way to be a supporter. If you're just enjoying the way you like to support and that can include knocking out 5 minutes early to go do something not related to the game, then who's to judge that?

wisnae me
07-04-2008, 03:39 PM
My man, you were the first person I stood beside during a live match. And the philosophy was clear, we drink and party hard and enjoy supporting the club no matter what anyone says. Fuck em all, and enjoy the experience... But to me this is not 'a job' it's an awesome experience!!! We never felt if we stopped chanting for a moment we were no longer supporters... We just rocked the joint... This was the essence of RPB!!

And it is time to get back to that essence.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:40 PM
and that.... would be very annoying to some people who think that there's a set way to be a supporter. If you're just enjoying the way you like to support and that can include knocking out 5 minutes early to go do something not related to the game, then who's to judge that?

OMG... did Sparky just see the light?

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:43 PM
OMG... did Sparky just see the light?

Not really, the one thing you do... do... is stay and urge on the team... And party while doing it. Showing up 15min late and then leaving 15min before the end... well then you actually are not supporting the club any more....

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:45 PM
maybe I did. maybe I didn't.

There's lot s of cases of someone saying I was chanting away, then I got thirsty so I left to get some water... and then someone else will jump in with A real supporter never leaves his seat. I've always believe that both of those people should be able to get along, as long as they're both enjoying their personal experiences. If someone wants to book out early to sell calendars for charity, then that's their choice. If someone wants to stand in the seats until they turn the lights out, that's their choice too. I just get pissed when one side claims a high ground over the other.

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:47 PM
And it is time to get back to that essence.

I live it on a daily basis... And I love living!!! I can't wait to get back and cheer for my club!

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Not really, the one thing you do... do... is stay and urge on the team... And party while doing it. Showing up 15min late and then leaving 15min before the end... well then you actually are not supporting the club any more....

better to support for the time you are there than not at all.

yes... I know that will sound part-time, but I think people can do what they like.

If you can't sing, play a drum.
If you can't drum, wave a flag.
If you can't wave a flag, just wear red and jump.
It takes all kinds. IMO

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:48 PM
As I said, I supported and still support the Calender shit but leaving the game before it's over and coming in late to help a charity is not something that supporters should do. The team is always #1 for a supporter.

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:50 PM
maybe I did. maybe I didn't.

There's lot s of cases of someone saying I was chanting away, then I got thirsty so I left to get some water... and then someone else will jump in with A real supporter never leaves his seat. I've always believe that both of those people should be able to get along, as long as they're both enjoying their personal experiences. If someone wants to book out early to sell calendars for charity, then that's their choice. If someone wants to stand in the seats until they turn the lights out, that's their choice too. I just get pissed when one side claims a high ground over the other.

Though I see the point you are making. Couldn't it be said that you are then supporting a charity and no longer supporting the club. I know, this is semantics, but I think it's an important paradigm shift to understand.

Jack
07-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Is there something wrong with the way we support our club?

We chant, sing, make banners, travel and generally stand behind our club 100%. We live and breathe TFC and have a damn good time doing so.

That's always been the philosophy.

I don't see how it's changed.

There are other activities that go on, of course, but they are secondary.

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Is there something wrong with the way we support our club?

We chant, sing, make banners, travel and generally stand behind our club 100%. We live and breathe TFC and have a damn good time doing so.

That's always been the philosophy.

I don't see how it's changed.

There are other activities that go on, of course, but they are secondary.

Jack I agree with you aside from the last part. When it interfere's with supporting the club during the 90+mins of play, it's not longer secondary.

Mrs. Workie
07-04-2008, 03:51 PM
As I said, I supported and still support the Calender shit but leaving the game before it's over and coming in late to help a charity is not something that supporters should do. The team is always #1 for a supporter.

So because I chose to do some good, and leave a few minutes early, all of a sudden I'm a bad supporter?

Fuck right off.

Jack
07-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Jack I agree with you aside from the last part. When it interfere's with supporting the club during the 90+mins of play, it's not longer secondary.
We're talking about one thing. Something specific that happened in the past.

I don't understand this perception that we've gotten away from our "core" values.

It's bullshit.

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:54 PM

That is similar to what I was going to suggest...

H Bomb
07-04-2008, 03:54 PM

So because I chose to do some good, and leave a few minutes early, all of a sudden I'm a bad supporter?

Fuck right off.

sadly, like many religions and cultures acting naturally in ones own way often offends another acting naturally in their own way.

couldn't resist

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 03:55 PM

Fuck right off.

No ma'am. You've fixed your priorites. :)

I don't understand this perception that we've gotten away from our "core" values.

It's bullshit.

Yes, it's in the past but it's an example of when things draw people away from the real goal.

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 03:59 PM
The people who helped sell calenders volunteered their time, and honoured their commitment to the cause (which was charity) did a good thing. Sometimes you can let other things take priority when you feel the cause is right. Would giving up your seat to a charitable cause make you less of a supporters? Well for that game, yes, because you aren't in the stands, but if some underprivileged kid gets to see his first TFC game, then I think it's not a bad thing to do.

wait... since when did I have a social conscience?

and like Jack said..... we bring it bigger, louder and harder than we did in the past. I see no problems with that.

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Fuck right off.

Cool your jets Mel, that is not people are saying. This is going pear shaped again as we are looking at this without an external approach. The true issue was that it could have been far better orgainsed by individuals who have tremendous experience in the area and that was refused. And I believe that we should have been raising funds to support RPB... I donate to charity all the time, with both money and time... If the event was performed correctly, you could have done both. That was the issue at the time. You know Coll was involved as well, be again, her views were different when it came to dolling out ducats for a ticket.

Jack
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes, it's in the past but it's an example of when things draw people away from the real goal.

One thing. A year ago. It was something that happened that we all learned from and it was for a good cause. I'm sure we won't undertake initiatives that will take away from supporting the team again since I'm also sure that was never the intention of that initative, given the fact that none of us can question the dedication to supporting the club of the person who initiated the calendar.

I can't believe we're still discussing this.

Maybe it's time to say "lesson learned" and let it go?

Parkdale
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
The true issue was that it could have been far better orgainsed by individuals who have tremendous experience in the area and that was refused.

so you're saying you should have run the show?
It ran the way it did, and was a success.
I'm not sure how it could have been done any differently.

but that's not really the point here.

The Kingpin
07-04-2008, 04:02 PM

It's bullshit.

Jack, then why does the debate exists? Is it just me? If it is let me know, but we have had discussions that suggest that a division in core philosophies exist. Was I dreaming again... ;)

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Cool your jets Mel, that is not people are saying. This is going pear shaped again as we are looking at this without an external approach. The true issue was that it could have been far better orgainsed by individuals who have tremendous experience in the area and that was refused. And I believe that we should have been raising funds to support RPB... I donate to charity all the time, with both money and time... If the event was performed correctly, you could have done both. That was the issue at the time. You know Coll was involved as well, be again, her views were different when it came to dolling out ducats for a ticket.

That was always my line of thinking.

The people who helped sell calenders volunteered their time, and honoured their commitment to the cause (which was charity) did a good thing. Sometimes you can let other things take priority when you feel the cause is right. Would giving up your seat to a charitable cause make you less of a supporters? Well for that game, yes, because you aren't in the stands, but if some underprivileged kid gets to see his first TFC game, then I think it's not a bad thing to do.

wait... since when did I have a social conscience?

and like Jack said..... we bring it bigger, louder and harder than we did in the past. I see no problems with that.

Have you seen 112 the past 4 games or so? Aside from maybe 20 mins in the Vancouver game we've been feeble at best.

H Bomb
07-04-2008, 04:04 PM

:rolleyes5::topic:

Shaughno
07-04-2008, 04:04 PM
so you're saying you should have run the show?
It ran the way it did, and was a success.
I'm not sure how it could have been done any differently.

but that's not really the point here.

Not what he was saying at all. He said, if it was run properly it wouldn't have taken any of the supporter's away from the game.