PDA

View Full Version : Flex Packs!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Hurting at the gate....?

On sale as of today..TFC are offering Flex packs..

Never would say i would of seen this....but the attendance has truly dipped over the last five years...

is the interest gone?

Alot of red seats very noticeable of late..

would love to see a rammed bmo again..hope it turns around!

menefreghista
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Ya, Flex Packs, starting at the low price of $239 for 5 games.

mastermixer
04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
"Announced" attendance of somewhere in the 18000 range on Saturday. Considering it was a decent afternoon weather wise and our second home game of the season they can't be too happy about that.

menefreghista
04-04-2011, 01:46 PM
"Announced" attendance of somewhere in the 18000 range on Saturday. Considering it was a decent afternoon weather wise and our second home game of the season they can't be too happy about that.

It was announced as 18,968.

I believe they claim to now have 18,000 season tickets (but its tough to believe they sold them out considering the FO's track record of lying).

So above the season ticket holders, they could only sell 968 tickets. They have priced the casual fan out. Nobody wants to go to a game at the prices they are charging.

The big question now is whether winning can change that trend. I'm not sure it can unless prices are adjusted accordingly. Its tough to win back customers who think you were previously ripping them off.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-04-2011, 01:50 PM
It was announced as 18,968.

I believe they claim to now have 18,000 season tickets (but its tough to believe they sold them out considering the FO's track record of lying).

So above the season ticket holders, they could only sell 968 tickets. They have priced the casual fan out. Nobody wants to go to a game at the prices they are charging.

The big question now is whether winning can change that trend. I'm not sure it can unless prices are adjusted accordingly. Its tough to win back customers who think you were previously ripping them off.

think you have nailed it there..

mastermixer
04-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Man, I hate reading threads about what could have been with this team.
They had the balls to keep raising prices for a team that barely put a dent in sports history in Toronto. I'm no marketing genius but I did take it in school enough to realize you need more than 3 or 4 years to create a stable fan base. As soon as prices go up people will walk away, simple as that. MLSE should have sucked it in for a few more years and build something special with the fans, then when you got them hooked, justify the increase.

SuperTCP
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
MLSE screwed this up for several reasons
- raised ticket prices
- forced games upon purchasers
- highest ticket prices in the league
- poor product on field
- high prices of food and parking at concessions
- sold partial packs of 9 games, when last year it was 6 games.

I have seasons, but in order to justify the costs, relocated to cheaper section. I eat outside the field and park a distance away for cheaper. I make it work, but the occassional fan won't. I am sad to see BMO not sold out, the fortress it once was, and hope MLSE do something special to get everyone back in and keep it that way.

Props to the RPB and NEE who have not giving up.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Ya, Flex Packs, starting at the low price of $239 for 5 games.

$125 and these flex packs are gone by tomorrow..

$25ea game...

mclaren
04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not staying away because my interest has gone. I am staying away because of the price increase. I suspect there are a few more like me.

prizby
04-04-2011, 02:02 PM
a little market research wouldn't hurt from time to time

menefreghista
04-04-2011, 02:02 PM

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-04-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not staying away because my interest has gone. I am staying away because of the price increase. I suspect there are a few more like me.

Id have to agree the prices definitely out way the interest!...

I was interested in taking in a game in the midfield section this year to take my daughter...they wanted $150/pair....no thanks!

Yohan
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
it's retarded that the cheapest seats for LAG game is what, 43 bucks? add in ticketmaster charge and no wonder people won't come

Huyton
04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I have three sets of home opener/home closer partial packs in the second to top row of 111. The only game I'm missing is the Skancouver MLS game. I'd love to convert these to Seasons tickets. The seats in front of me are seasons...why not mine?

Darlofletch
04-04-2011, 02:17 PM
golden goose is gone.
replaced by duck a l'orange.

still tasty, but not quite the same.

DichioTFC
04-04-2011, 02:18 PM
My seasons are at the top of Sec. 225, and throughout my section and in sections 226 and 227, there are dozens of empty seats. And even the people that are sitting in those seats, they're taking more pictures of the skyline than the game.

ryan
04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
I have three sets of home opener/home closer partial packs in the second to top row of 111. The only game I'm missing is the Skancouver MLS game. I'd love to convert these to Seasons tickets. The seats in front of me are seasons...why not mine?

Hey could you let me know if you make that happen?

I'm right behind you and would want to do the same. I really love these seats.

nfitz
04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
The flex packs look like they are only in light-blue and dark-grey. $239 in light-blue and . 4 regular and 1 premium. Pricing looks pretty decent compared to single tickets. $280 in dark-grey. The dark-grey seems to be seats at the top of the sections; 107 and 223.

Not a bad deal really. You could 2 of these and pick up a flexible 8 regular games and 2 premium in light-blue for $478 compared to a $431 for 7 regular and 2 premium with no flexibility over which games you get.

KGH
04-04-2011, 02:54 PM
$125 and these flex packs are gone by tomorrow..

$25ea game...

But then you'd have another revolt from season ticket holders. We should be paying the least amount / game due to the quantity we buy.

FO is in quite a pickle now as I'm sure they're seeing concession $ dropping so overall profitability has to be declining. I know that Brazen is getting way more of my liquid and food $ than at the field.

I imagine another year of crappy on field performance and we'll see another drop in season ticket holders and a continued shift to cheaper seats. I bet they lost a bunch of corporate seats last year and will lose more this year.

Not a good position to be in when your majority owner is a) a pension plan that wants to see growing profits each and every year and b) The same owner is trying to sell.

Wagner
04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
add to that the Fact that the majority of the games are televised on a specialty channel that very few people get.

mdc 77
04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
add to that the Fact that the majority of the games are televised on a specialty channel that very few people get.

but gol tv is the greatest station ever...

ryan
04-04-2011, 03:07 PM
but gol tv is the greatest station ever...

I think he's referring to TSN, which I believe is considered a specialty channel.

brad
04-04-2011, 03:18 PM
- raised ticket prices
- poor product on field

I have seasons, but in order to justify the costs, relocated to cheaper section. I eat outside the field and park a distance away for cheaper. I make it work, but the occassional fan won't. I am sad to see BMO not sold out, the fortress it once was, and hope MLSE do something special to get everyone back in and keep it that way.

Sanitized the support outside of of the supporters sections in an effort to attract more ACC types.

ecospice
04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
- raised ticket prices
- poor product on field

Totally agree and add the following thought:

My recollection is that in the summer months attendance dropped a little bit - people away on vacation or at the cottage, etc. If that occurs together with the obvious drop in attendance during the first two games, we could see less than 15,000 fans for the summer games (not that there are a lot of summer games...). Maybe the team will start offering discount coupons for concessions - unlikely for beer, Mr. Greek and the Real Sports BBQ though, which are the only concessions I really care for... :(

brad
04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I've said in a number of places - I worry what happens if the better quality MLS attacks start ripping us apart at home. A couple of back to back 4 or 5 nil thumpings and things could get even worse.

swan
04-04-2011, 03:29 PM
but hey there is a price freeze next year.. now that they got the prices to where they want them..

menefreghista
04-04-2011, 03:31 PM
but hey there is a price freeze next year.. now that they got the prices to where they want them..

As things stand now there will probably have to be a price retraction next renewal period. Especially at the pricier seats.

The Raptors just lowered their prices. Looks like TFC will be following suit.

mmmikey
04-04-2011, 03:38 PM
its a cost thing for me. i ask myself, is it worth it to pay inflated ticket prices + ticketmaster charges or do i stay home and watch it largely for free? my expenses dictate the latter option is a much wiser choice most of the time.

last couple of years i still bought tickets to 1 or 2 games. this year im pretty sure ill do so again since the football is at least entertaining, but i will definitely be saving for warm weather since all things being equal, why wouldn't i pick a nicer part of the year for the 1 or 2 games i do go to. im betting im not the only one thinking this, and so u will see a summer spike in demand.

im sure this is going to get some "Fair weather fan" comments, but from the point of view of a fan who only goes a couple times a year, sunny warm days is just logical. i still watch and curse at the TV (to my wife and dogs distress) during every game.

nfitz
04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
As things stand now there will probably have to be a price retraction next renewal period. Especially at the pricier seats.I doubt we'd see any retraction, except perhaps in Light Blue ... it seemed to move a lot better at Medium Grey pricing.

DichioTFC
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
A lot will change between now and 2013 ticket renewals (the 2012 season will have a price freeze). The bar is so low now that the bare minimum (playoffs) will be considered a success. I'm sure prices will go up once they realize the stadium wont be sold out despite reaching their goals.

mmmikey
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
The massive price difference from top to bottom of BMO hurts sales of the expensive tickets alot IMO. Frankly, I don't see what is so much better about tickets 20 yards further up the field. Seating at BMO is very good from almost all angles especially in second tier of the west side, so why bother spending more for little return? I virtually always go with 2nd tier light grey, and sometimes medium grey.

kodiakTFC
04-04-2011, 04:18 PM
For the record TFC season tickets were never boasted by the club to hit 18,000 and it is more likely in fact that the overall number is down. The club announced they would extend the available season tickets from 16000 to 18000 but never reached the 18k goal mark, instead (not sure why) after some time they announced they were capping season tickets and that they were no longer available.

Based on pure speculation, I'd say were closer to 15000 than 16000 this season.

nfitz
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
All that seemed available by the end were Dark Grey and Light Blue. Hard to say how much Dark Grey was available - but they did manage to move some Light Blue - which were all new.

My guess would be somewhere around 17,000. Though Partial Pack sales are down - though all that was left there was Dark Grey and Light Blue.

My guess is that there are actually more sold tickets per game from seasons and packs then there were last year.

GBV
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
On the low end, you can get a cheaper ticket to see the Raptors, Jays, and same-ish price for Leafs.
("Cheapies" for the so-called premium games for TFC are more than minimum for Leafs, too.)

The Raps, Jays and Leafs play in the world's biggest leagues of their respective sports.

Sure TFC has fewer home games, but it's asinine . . .

Blowing Bubbles
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
the dark/light blues are just such shit value. I'm right in the wheelhouse of someone who would buy a partial pack but I'm balking at the price and instead just buying 1 game at a time on the RPB ticket trader.

brad
04-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Scalpers were selling below face value this past Saturday. I'd guess the vast majority of season ticket holders will have no qualms about getting below cost tickets from scalpers

oakville69
04-04-2011, 05:13 PM
I used to be a season ticket holder in section 106 row 31. The face value on the tickets was $48, but I can't remember exactly how much the season tickets cost. I think it was about $1,700 for a pair.

I love soccer, but TFC doesn't provide good value anymore.

The team is in a shambles on the field.

It seems that TFC treats its players poorly

I can't believe what they did to Dero & Dicchio a few years ago.

I wasn't happy with the slow service & high prices at the concession stands.

I would be interested in the flex packs once the team is properly managed.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Here's a crazy thought. Buy us a world class striker so we can start winning some games and generating interest beyond the stagnate loyal fan base. We just lost our top scorer last week for fucks sake.

gomesv
04-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Scalpers were selling below face value this past Saturday. I'd guess the vast majority of season ticket holders will have no qualms about getting below cost tickets from scalpers

I was offered a pair for half price of face value, will b thinking long and hard before renewing next year if they dont reduce STH prices. Still want and will go to a majority of games, but maybee at half the price.

wzhxvy
04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Paul Bierne is a genius, now lets close the thread.

boban
04-04-2011, 07:13 PM
.. reduce STH prices. .
I concur

lobo
04-04-2011, 07:41 PM
just noticed those 5 game flex pack purchases come with a direct move onto gold list ... how many people were forced to buy marlies tix in years past to get there? i've balked at that for past 3 years until this year i bought a partial pack in 110 because they finally dropped the marlies bundle, and now they've lowered the bar even further

funny thing is they gave me some marlies tix with the partial pack this year, and i gave em away

algieb
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
this would bring back the lost bodies to bmo,something has to come orr it will only get worse and the golden goose that was tfc will be dead

Kc17
04-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Lol @ raising prices during a rebuilding phase, MLSE sucks.

superstar1976
04-04-2011, 08:17 PM

I am in the same boat. I refuse to pay these prices. I can get tickets practically free from scalpers on game day.

ilikemusic
04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I watched every game since day one but I have gone to less and less games each year to the point that this season I just dropped my partial ticket package.

MLSE seems to have banked on the fantasy that people were going to treat TFC season tickets like Maple Leaf season tickets. Like a family heir loom that can't be let go of, no matter how bad the team is.

They must be shocked to find out that a team with 5 miserable years of existence doesnt command the same reverence as a hockey team in the best league in the world, with roughly a century of history in the city. :rolleyes:

I always laugh when I see the north stand all but empty.

I am happy to just attend Canadian National Team games at BMO. Their tickets may be overpriced, but at least they dont expect me to buy their overpriced ticket more than once a year.

AppRedDevil
04-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I was watching the Red Bulls game hi-lights and couldn't believe how many empty seats they had on camera. They list their attendance at 13,664 how can that be? New stadium, Thierry Henry and De Ro's debut? Is the whole league struggling? Because at 18,000 a week we look pretty good.

AL-MO
04-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Next they'll be packaging tickets with a hotdog!

AL-MO
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I watched every game since day one but I have gone to less and less games each year to the point that this season I just dropped my partial ticket package.

MLSE seems to have banked on the fantasy that people were going to treat TFC season tickets like Maple Leaf season tickets. Like a family heir loom that can't be let go of, no matter how bad the team is.

They must be shocked to find out that a team with 5 miserable years of existence doesnt command the same reverence as a hockey team in the best league in the world, with roughly a century of history in the city. :rolleyes:

I always laugh when I see the north stand all but empty.

I am happy to just attend Canadian National Team games at BMO. Their tickets may be overpriced, but at least they dont expect me to buy their overpriced ticket more than once a year.

I hoping that someone in the FO comes to their senses so that gentleman like yourself can return BMO on a semi regular basis.

I decided to give up my tickets this year, but my job situation improved so I managed to get my hands on tickets again. I still have fun, but I'm in the cheapest section in the stadium. (southend)

Joe Kool
04-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Next they'll be packaging tickets with a hotdog!

Almost guaranteed...MGD guys night out with a drink, hot dog and a t-shirt...

I find it pretty sad not to see the stadium as filled and the team not as hot a ticket but I guess since I am a season ticket holder it didn't matter too much to me about ticket availability since I always had mine. If I wasn't a STH then I would be happy at the turn of events just so that I could get a game here and there without an issue. The raising ticket prices really killed them since they got too cocky too fast. The product on the field struggled and the mixed feelings really toned down the support even in the supporters section I find. Without the supporter section really rocking the atmosphere dies off a bit and then the more casual fan's experience becomes just the game on the field which at times ain't pretty. It is a downward spiral that they started. They need to come out and say "we screwed up" again and say forget the price freeze we are going to reduce the prices. Unless we win the cup it will be the only way renewals will have a chance IMO. I will hold onto my season seats for a little longer since I love going still but it gets less tempting to front all the money at once when I can pick and choose tickets to each game that people are selling now for below face value. Guess we will see what they decide at the end of the year.

Fort York Redcoat
04-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Paul Bierne is a genius, now lets close the thread.

lol. I'm happy for the people this move benifits and sorry for those who have to decide whether or not to purchase.

Alonso
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Sanitized the support outside of of the supporters sections in an effort to attract more ACC types.

Yup, thats a big part of it too. Let people be football fans, and you have a market differentiation from the other teams in the city.

GBV
04-05-2011, 06:46 AM
I was watching the Red Bulls game hi-lights and couldn't believe how many empty seats they had on camera. They list their attendance at 13,664 how can that be? New stadium, Thierry Henry and De Ro's debut? Is the whole league struggling? Because at 18,000 a week we look pretty good.

sure, no new stadium and no henry/dero ... but 7,000-something in new england on the weekend.
ouch.

ilikemusic
04-05-2011, 06:30 PM
hah, just got the email.:lol:

Nice to see the organization eating a little crow.

Pachuco
04-05-2011, 06:45 PM
hah, just got the email.:lol:

Nice to see the organization eating a little crow.

which email?

AL-MO
04-05-2011, 06:48 PM
which email?

I would assume about flex packs....

Pachuco
04-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I would assume about flex packs....

Makes sense!