PDA

View Full Version : Pre game: 9 Apr, TFC @ SJ

Yohan
04-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Expecting TFC to get spanked by rather good SJ squad

Wondo and Convey to run riot

Fort York Redcoat
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Give Williams a chance to gel and let's not give it up so easy! We've actually been scoring and SJ haven't exactly been indefatigable in the back either.

but wando is wunderbar right now...

Technorgasm
04-04-2011, 09:40 AM
We will win.

watch. . TFC will do something different. . . and get point on the road.
believe it.

NORB.

ryan
04-04-2011, 09:56 AM
2-1 toronto.

http://www.vsndaily.com/images/smilies/lesmug.gif

mastermixer
04-04-2011, 10:12 AM
First real test of the season. I'm worried.

rviewmirror
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
worried too. good teams will exploit all the mistakes by the backline we've been seeing. hoping to see Nana at RB for this one and Williams and Cann in the middle

Ossington Mental Youth
04-04-2011, 11:15 AM
im looking forward to this game quite a bit, should be interesting to see how we do on the road especially with more players in place

gcolacci
04-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Couldnt Agree more.

you need to play good teams to really judge where you are at as a team. and i think this year we will be different on the road. I really hope we can get 3 points from a game like this - early in the season.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
i would imagine that the team we see this weekend, barring any injuries will be a glimpse at what our general starting 11 will be

v00d00daddy
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm looking forward to this game. I hope they can come out and play composed from the start of the match.

If they get off on the wrong foot it could be a long day.

I'd like to see Harden out and Williams in and Williams and Cann in the middle while Nana is out on the right.

I just don't know if Nana has the ball skills to get forward and move the ball the way Winter wants his backs to do.

That being said, he can't possibly be worse than Gargan and Harden were in those respects.

I think we'll be okay

rocker
04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
given that it's on the road, where TFC and most other teams suck on average, I can't predict a TFC win.

pekduck
04-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Best case 2-2 draw. I'll take a 2-1 loss. Worst case is 4-0 for SJ as our defense is ripped apart again like in VAN.

J .
04-04-2011, 05:27 PM
If TFC can play defense, they will win. Attakora, Cann and JDG will have to be much much better while Stevanovich will have to show something.

TFCRegina
04-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I'll watch, as I always do. Hopefully things turn out alright.

jloome
04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Tough to say. I think Tchani next to DeGuzman will lead to much better distribution, as either will come back to support when needed, instead of limiting the centre halfs' options.

If the defense holds, we could get something out of it. That's one nice difference this season: multiple real offensive options.

Yohan
04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Tough to say. I think Tchani next to DeGuzman will lead to much better distribution, as either will come back to support when needed, instead of limiting the centre halfs' options.
I think Tchani has potential to complement JDG nicely. Tchani to be the physical ball winner, JDG is the guy who intercepts passes

If the defense holds, we could get something out of it. That's one nice difference this season: multiple real offensive options.
i'm waiting for consistency from offence. too early to tell if TFC's goal scoring ability is for real.

Hustle
04-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Get Yourass back in the lineup!

DichioTFC
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Lets put the last game in perspective. The outgoing player aside, there were 5 players who made their season debut last week. And we still had two shots to win (the called back offside and Santos' brainfart).

I think 1-1 TFC is realistic. A week to let the defense gel, a week to operate the team with De Guz in the middle, a week to find a way to get the ball to Stevenovic on the left wing.

QSIM
04-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I predict we play total football. :D

Bars92
04-04-2011, 09:31 PM
The only good thing that can be said about the whole Dero situation, is that we still got shredded by VAN with him in the lineup.

With an average age of 24, this is looking like a bit of a reserve squad, luckily this is MLS and anyone can win on a given day.

Surely the management is looking for a veteran AMF as we speak. Could be a long summer if this is the squad going forward for the rest of the season.

ensco
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Lets put the last game in perspective. The outgoing player aside, there were 5 players who made their season debut last week. And we still had two shots to win (the called back offside and Santos' brainfart).

I think 1-1 TFC is realistic. A week to let the defense gel, a week to operate the team with De Guz in the middle, a week to find a way to get the ball to Stevenovic on the left wing.

Frankly, that's a compelling argument as to why we might get spanked. Better teams will put more pressure on, and will exploit our guys' unfamiliarity with each other.

Here's hoping, though....

ExiledRed
04-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Frankly, that's a compelling argument as to why we might get spanked. Better teams will put more pressure on, and will exploit our guys' unfamiliarity with each other.

After the Chivas game, watching the new guys do a fine impression of the old guys, bumbling about the pitch, missing sitters and snarling at each other, I've come to the conclusion that if there is any "hope" at the end of this season, we will have actually achieved something.

mdc 77
04-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Every the crazy optimist...

3-2 TFC

Martina, Santos and DeGuzman frinally gets his first TFC goal.

Carts
04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Every the crazy optimist...

3-2 TFC

Martina, Santos and DeGuzman frinally gets his first TFC goal.

My buddy was almost saying the same thing...

He said we're gonna grab a shocker of a win on the road in a weird game...

Doesn't quite have the JDG scoring faith - but he said TFC will win a wild one...

Now, I need the optimistic pill you & he has! ;)

Carts...

GlenM
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
^

Mojitos will do the trick, we'll need for that.

:drinking::drinking::drinking:

GlenM

RedsYNWA
04-05-2011, 12:22 PM
San Jose are overrated......I'll be happy with a draw
hoping for a win

DichioTFC
04-05-2011, 12:28 PM

True enough, but it also means that there's a lot of room for improvement. And with the close result in our last game, a realistic (optimistic?) expectation is a draw on the road against a strong club.

Still think 1-1, if the D holds up.

2mil4dero+santo
04-05-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm gonna try and enjoy these last few days of not being last place lol...

2mil4dero+santo
04-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm looking forward to this game. I hope they can come out and play composed from the start of the match.

If they get off on the wrong foot it could be a long day.

I'd like to see Harden out and Williams in and Williams and Cann in the middle while Nana is out on the right.

I just don't know if Nana has the ball skills to get forward and move the ball the way Winter wants his backs to do.

That being said, he can't possibly be worse than Gargan and Harden were in those respects.

I think we'll be okay

Define "we'll be ok". If it means we'll only loose by a goal or two, I'll agree with you...

Ossington Mental Youth
04-05-2011, 12:59 PM
we're obviously not winning the shield or cup this year so sit back and enjoy, we're playing entertaining soccer right now, more so than ive ever seen even if it is ladden with mistakes. I havent been this excited for games since the first season

bman27
04-05-2011, 01:01 PM
The line up i would like to see. Certainly like the Idea of Julian and the New kid starting than Peterson or soolsma or the others, Id love to see Nana do well at RB, I think i read on here that he does have experience at it. I think we will start seeing a bit better service through the middle but at the moment out best options are wide (would we be saying that this time last year? lol) Im not sold with Santos behind gordon but i think its our best option at the moment.

===============Frei=============
===Nana====Williams====Cann==Yourass===
======De guz===== ======Tchani====
============Santos==============
Martina================= Stevanovic
============Gordon=============

Pachuco
04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
we're obviously not winning the shield or cup this year so sit back and enjoy, we're playing entertaining soccer right now, more so than ive ever seen even if it is ladden with mistakes. I havent been this excited for games since the first season

I don't know how you can say that. I think the stuff MLSE is putting out there is getting to some people and they just repeat what they say. I'm not trying to offend you, just expressing my thoughts on this.

There was nothing entertaining about Saturday's game. In fact, at times it was one of the most boring matches I've seen live at BMO. I think the first half of the first half we didn't get the ball out of our end. Things got a little more entertaining when Gordon hit the post, but still, there were more boring plays then entertaining plays that game.

The Vancouver game was certainly entertaining, thanks to Vancouver. Maicon and Dero scoring beatiful goals was no different then any other where we are getting out played and Dero or someone else comes up with a flash of brilliance.

So far, Toronto has not played entertaining football. There is no doubt in my mind that Cummin's team produced alot more entertainment for us on the field. I think this will change as the year goes on, but I don't think you are going to convince many people that we are playing entertaining football right now.

Ageroo
04-05-2011, 01:31 PM
The line up i would like to see. Certainly like the Idea of Julian and the New kid starting than Peterson or soolsma or the others, Id love to see Nana do well at RB, I think i read on here that he does have experience at it. I think we will start seeing a bit better service through the middle but at the moment out best options are wide (would we be saying that this time last year? lol) Im not sold with Santos behind gordon but i think its our best option at the moment.

I like this, but I say Borman gets the start instead of Yourassowsky. He look really good at getting up and down the wing and crossing and defending. Tough spot for him as well, coming to a new team and new system and playing pretty good in my opinion.

===Nana====Williams====Cann==Borman===

Fort York Redcoat
04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
In fact, at times it was one of the most boring matches I've seen live at BMO.

I know you're not new so it's gotta be a short memory that's plaguing you.

There have been many more boring matches at BMO than that last match.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-05-2011, 01:37 PM

yeah that looks about right to me

I don't know how you can say that. I think the stuff MLSE is putting out there is getting to some people and they just repeat what they say. I'm not trying to offend you, just expressing my thoughts on this.

There was nothing entertaining about Saturday's game. In fact, at times it was one of the most boring matches I've seen live at BMO. I think the first half of the first half we didn't get the ball out of our end. Things got a little more entertaining when Gordon hit the post, but still, there were more boring plays then entertaining plays that game.

The Vancouver game was certainly entertaining, thanks to Vancouver. Maicon and Dero scoring beatiful goals was no different then any other where we are getting out played and Dero or someone else comes up with a flash of brilliance.

So far, Toronto has not played entertaining football. There is no doubt in my mind that Cummin's team produced alot more entertainment for us on the field. I think this will change as the year goes on, but I don't think you are going to convince many people that we are playing entertaining football right now.

Im not offended.
I do agree for longer stretches we are not playing well but its the brief glimpses of what we are looking to be/moving to be that keeps me on. The last 20-25 mins of the first half we looked great. The frequency of seeing us play well is increasing and i cant say ive seen them play in the same manner before. I wouldnt go so far as to say that Cummins played better games by anymeans. The fact we have players playing their proper positions and have the potential to do so well is one of many reasons im excited about this year. Basically for whatever reason im particularly optimistic, i could list them and im sure for every point someone can put up a counterpoint, im not interested in doing that tho.

lobo
04-05-2011, 02:18 PM
History ...
Jul 12, 2009 San Jose 1 - Toronto FC 3 Buck Shaw Stadium
May 29, 2010 San Jose 1 - Toronto FC 3 Buck Shaw Stadium

My prediction ...
April 9, 2011 San Jose 1 - Toronto FC 3 Buck Shaw Stadium

DangerRed
04-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Last two seasons we've played SJ in their house, we've won 3-1, so I'm hopeful. Both those wins, though, Barrett scored goals. Maybe he was the secret sauce to our SJ wins? :)

In other news, am in Manhattan right now and got approached by a NYRB marketing team on the street (near NYU, so they're targetting university students obviously). Interesting idea to market this way I guess, but wouldn't be necessary here unless attendance really fell off sharply. Also noticed D-Money was signing autographs at the adidas store on Broadway. Didn't stop in, but it sure would've been odd to see him in Red Bull kit...

ryan
04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I like this, but I say Borman gets the start instead of Yourassowsky. He look really good at getting up and down the wing and crossing and defending. Tough spot for him as well, coming to a new team and new system and playing pretty good in my opinion.

===Nana====Williams====Cann==Borman===

I too would vote that lineup, although Yourass could be in for Nana depending on how well he plays.

I'm excited to see what this kind of lineup can do after a few weeks of time, cause in just a few days they've been fun to watch at times IMO.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
i didnt like the movement/plays between borman and stevanovic

Pachuco
04-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I know you're not new so it's gotta be a short memory that's plaguing you.

There have been many more boring matches at BMO than that last match.

So you think that TFC is playing the most exciting soccer you've seen at BMO?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-05-2011, 06:09 PM
at times and only briefly but i do think we're headed there, certainly dont think we're playing the worst soccer ive ever seen

PS i know the question wasnt directed at me but i felt the urge to answer anyways

denime
04-05-2011, 06:20 PM
This will be very interesting game,both teams are playing 4-3-3,I think we can get a point in SJ.

I would like to see more offensive line up,to keep the pressure on SJ half of the field.

===Williams====Nana====Cann==Yourass===
============De Guz==============
======Santos===== ======Tchani====

Nana is to slow for FB in 4-3-3 system,plus the way he played his first two games I would bench him if I was the coach.
De Guzman behind Santos and Tchani .

Pachuco
04-05-2011, 06:22 PM
at times and only briefly but i do think we're headed there, certainly dont think we're playing the worst soccer ive ever seen

PS i know the question wasnt directed at me but i felt the urge to answer anyways

I said at times as well which is the ironic part. Fort York just decided to turn it into "Pachuco thinks Saturday was the most boring match played at BMO."

I'll say this, I don't think at any given time we've looked better then ever. I think that's an exageration. At times though (especially when we can't get the ball out of our half) we've looked worst then ever. Of course it has to do with Winter encouraging the defenders to play the ball out with short passes, but when Nana and Cann keep missing each other it with short passes that go out of bounds it looks pretty bad.

There are lots of reasons to feel optimistic, I agree with you there. Our performances so far though isn't one that I would put on that list.

I'm also noticing that the general fan doesn't get what's going on. I'm hearing a heck of alot of "kick the ball up you idiot" , "learn how to pass the ball you moron" from my section this year. More then ever for sure.

Kc17
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I wanna see:

Frei; Williams, Nana, Cann, Yourassowsky; De Guzman, Zavarise, Tchani; Martina, Santos, Stevanovic.

I really hated Santos in his deeper role last week, and it gives us an offensive target off the bench if we need a goal in Gordon. I wasn't impressed by Borman last week, but it was his first game, so if he starts again I wouldn't be too upset. I really liked what Yourassowsky provided against Portland though, he created a lot of problems with DeRo, I'm assuming he could do the same with Stevanovic.

scooterTFC
04-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I think we will see Winter go with something like this:
Williams====Nana====Cann====Yourass=
=====De Guz==========Tchani=====
============ Gordon=============
However I’m curious how something a little uncoventional like playing Peterson at RB might play out. He's got the speed to play wide, he can cross, and he's been holding his own defensively as a DM.

DichioTFC
04-05-2011, 08:54 PM
However I’m curious how something a little uncoventional like playing Peterson at RB might play out. He's got the speed to play wide, he can cross, and he's been holding his own defensively as a DM.

Agree with the formation.

I wouldn't want to see Peterson as a RB, I don't have confidence in his ability to beat his man up the field or have the speed to track back fast enough a la Marvel Wynne. I don't think Peterson would be better than Gargan in that position to be quite honest.

scooterTFC
04-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Agree with the formation.

I wouldn't want to see Peterson as a RB, I don't have confidence in his ability to beat his man up the field or have the speed to track back fast enough a la Marvel Wynne. I don't think Peterson would be better than Gargan in that position to be quite honest.

You are probably right. Seems like Winter favours Harden and Peterson. I just fear that Winter's going give us another game with Harden starting on the backline and I'm trying to think of a scenario where he might not do that.

lobo
04-06-2011, 01:15 AM

YES! (that bit about peterson i removed)
Subs: Borman (D), Zavarise (M), Plata (F)

Technorgasm
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
NANA=CANN - Central defense. . .

has to happen. . .

THE NORB.

jloome
04-06-2011, 03:53 PM
San Jose might have the best wide combos in the league right now, certainly on some nights. Fullbacks are in for a time.

I wouldn't start Yourassowsky in this one. Too hotheaded. Williams is apparently quite good wide, and faster than Nana. I think the current criticism of our central pairing is a little one-sided right now; to me, Cann has been the weaker of the two.

Anyway, I'd go with

-------------------Frei------------------
Williams--Attakora--Cann--Borman
---------DeGuzman--Tchani--------
-----------------Santos---------------
----Martina------------------Stevanovic
-----------------Gordon------------------

lobo
04-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't start Yourassowsky in this one. Too hotheaded.

your opinion ... based on what? one game here that included a very questionable 2nd yellow?

if you check his recent stats the guy has never had more than 2 yellow cards in any of the past 4 seasons.

backbeat
04-06-2011, 04:13 PM
-------------------Frei------------------
Borman----Attakora--Williams--Yourassovsky
---------DeGuzman---Tchani--------
-----------------Santos---------------
----Martina------------------Stevanovic
-----------------Gordon------------------

This is what I would like to see Saturday....

GuelphStorm2007
04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Tradtionaly TFC has done pretty well down in San Jose. So I am little optimistic. If Yourass and Stevenovic have some success on the left flank it might be good for TFC but at the same time our Backline still scares me though. My Heart says TFC 2 San Jose 1 but my brain says San Jose 2 TFC 0.

swan
04-06-2011, 04:44 PM
i didnt like the movement/plays between borman and stevanovic

i agree it was his first time out with us and all so cant expect to much but i really liked the way yourass (hehe) played and wanna see more of him..

jloome
04-06-2011, 06:48 PM

Couldn't disagree more. We look like we have some actual buildup this year, some thought, some movement.

I get the benefit of a 3/4 overhead view from TV cameras, so maybe the perspective is different live, but to me it's night and day already.

jloome
04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
your opinion ... based on what? one game here that included a very questionable 2nd yellow?

if you check his recent stats the guy has never had more than 2 yellow cards in any of the past 4 seasons.

We haven't seen any of these guys play much, but when he was tracking back in Charleston he struck me as a rash defensive player. Perhaps his recent record indicates otherwise, as you say, but he seemed overly aggressive.

May have just been trying to win a job, of course.

ManUtd4ever
04-07-2011, 09:51 AM

I like this lineup. I'm not sure if Santos can cut it as an AM but Winter has no other choice at the moment. Otherwise, it's a fairly solid lineup throughout the pitch, assuming Nana and Cann can focus on playing football again.

I predict Frei's heroics will allow TFC to escape San Jose with a draw.

GlenM
04-07-2011, 09:55 AM

CANN YOURASS LOL :)

GlenM

Fishnicker
04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
You know, I'm actually feeling pretty good about this game. We've traditionally matched up well with SJ, (not that that means anything right now) and I think our two wingers (who may be the best wingers in MLS according to GOAL http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/58417/san-jose-vs-toronto-fc/preview) should eat up a very weak pair of fullbacks. Opara is getting his first start - he's good, but it's his first start so he should be rusty.

In the middle, let's hope Tchani is more comfortable and can contain Wondo - who I consider their biggest threat. Gjertson or Convey don't scare me. Big Bird should start up top in their 4-5-1 - Cannana should be able to contain him.

Will JDG play? I hope so. I also hope we see Borman and Yourass. Hopefully a weeks training sorts out the communication problems between Borman and Stefanovic on the left.

All in all, I have a good feeling. Let's hope I'm right.

mastermixer
04-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Just wondering... is Buck Shaw Stadium turf or grass? I know the pitch is a lot smaller than most fields in the league, wonder if that will benefit us.

Auzzy
04-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Just wondering... is Buck Shaw Stadium turf or grass? I know the pitch is a lot smaller than most fields in the league, wonder if that will benefit us.

It's grass.

If you want to believe Wikipedia, the field is actually the exact same length (115 yards = 105 meters) and width (74 yards = 68 meters) as BMO Field.

What's small at Buck Shaw is the capacity, around 10,000 at this venue that was also used for baseball at one point. I guess they will be getting a new stadium by 2012...???

ilikemusic
04-08-2011, 01:57 PM
"Why so Serioux?"

:lol:

GlenM
04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Points on the road = better chance for playoffs.

GlenM

jloome
04-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Ives has us being crushed 3-0. I think he's got a bit of a Canadian hate on this year. Hardly covers TFC at all since Mo was dumped.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-08-2011, 06:23 PM
yeah sorta feel the same way, bit of a pain in the ass really. Hard to take anything he says seriously with that nonsense

los sonadores
04-08-2011, 06:34 PM
yeah, difficult to find anything about TFC there now. complete opposite of the first couple of years.

QSIM
04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
TFC 2 - San Jose 1

Stevanovic and Santos lead the way.

*Optimism.

Pigfynn
04-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Ives has us being crushed 3-0. I think he's got a bit of a Canadian hate on this year. Hardly covers TFC at all since Mo was dumped.

Agree.

He's a biased Red Bull reporter who likes to pretend the Canadian teams aren't in the league until they fuck up then he reports on it.

flamehawk
04-09-2011, 08:49 AM
we better get something out of this today... seeing as Wolves just lost 3 - 0 :( football is sooo miserable...

sashavukelich
04-09-2011, 10:08 AM
i think we'll do well because SJ aren't exactly a 'hard tackling' kind of team, they like to play the ball, leave space and i think that plays to our (new underdeveloped) strengths.

jloome
04-09-2011, 10:20 AM
yeah sorta feel the same way, bit of a pain in the ass really. Hard to take anything he says seriously with that nonsense

We've talked a bit over the years because he used to be in the print biz. Very sensitive guy; loves soccer but never struck me as insightful.

CBTFC
04-09-2011, 10:50 AM
If I were Winter...

Santos--Gordon--Martina

Stevanovic--De Guzman--Tchiani

Yourass---Williams--Cann---Attakora

Frei

JohnWalter
04-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Look for me on TV boys, will be tailgating :drinking: with the Casbah, then sitting in the supporters section, let's hope TFC give me a goal or two to celebrate, could get messy!

jloome
04-09-2011, 11:06 AM
If I were Winter...

Santos--Gordon--Martina

Stevanovic--De Guzman--Tchiani

Yourass---Williams--Cann---Attakora

Frei

Tchani and DeGuzman are both holders/2-way mids, Stevanovic is an attacking winger. So you don't want him in the middle playing two ways and you don't want both your two-way mids stacked to one side.

Williams is a right-sider player, Cann is a left-sided player, so switch them.

More likely:
Stevanonic-----Gordon-------Mattina
--------------Santos--------------------
----------Tchani------DeGuzman-------
Your--Cann--Attakora---Williams

Having said that I don't think Yourass or Williams will start. Harden is lousy going forward but was decently defensively last week. If Williams does start, he's apparently a decent fullback as well as a centre half, so seems more likely wide than Nana.

Pachuco
04-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Tchani and DeGuzman are both holders/2-way mids, Stevanovic is an attacking winger. So you don't want him in the middle playing two ways and you don't want both your two-way mids stacked to one side.

More likely:

Having said that I don't think Yourass or Williams will start. Harden is lousy going forward but was decently defensively last week. If Williams does start, he's apparently a decent fullback as well as a centre half, so seems more likely wide than Nana.

This is our best line up right here. If Peterson finds himself with another start I'll punch the television.

prizby
04-09-2011, 11:11 AM

More likely:
Stevanonic-----Gordon-------Martina
----------Tchani------Peterson-------
Yourassowsky--Cann--Attakora---Harden

don't think JDG is ready yet...sadly, i think Harden will get a go

CBTFC
04-09-2011, 11:17 AM
This is our best line up right here. If Peterson finds himself with another start I'll punch the television.

Neither Peterson or Harden should be starting given our current roster.

And jloome, thanks for the correction/suggestion...I'm still learning a lot about formation as it relates to each players strengths.

That seems much more logical :)

Ossington Mental Youth
04-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Itll be curious to see if we ever start to play Tchani as an attacking mid and put Zavarise or Bouchiba (who i know is injured and supposedly out for the season but it isnt confirmed) in his place

lobo
04-09-2011, 12:26 PM
More likely:

williams at RB, yourass at LB ... attack attack attack!

jloome
04-09-2011, 12:37 PM

He has his strengths. I think he and Zavarise will both be useful late subs wide up top; both quick enough and both deliver a decent cross. Peterson put that one last week in perfectly.

He just shouldn't be playing two ways.

jloome
04-09-2011, 12:39 PM
don't think JDG is ready yet...sadly, i think Harden will get a go

Agree on Harden. If JDG's out still, I think we might see Yourassowsky and Tchani as the two holders, and Borman at left back.

Thrillos
04-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Now that Tchani is here I see the two DM roles being fought between Tchani, DeGuz and Zavarise.

While Peterson will be pushed up to his natural position and fight for a starting role between Stevanovic and Martina as I believe he can play both sides comfortably.

Not sure why there is hate for Peterson, he performed the most consistently as a DM over the first three games even though he never once played the position previously (not even in pre season where he was easily our best winger through out pre season)

I hope either Borman or Yourass can play on the right because I would rather see both on the field as our full backs and either Cann or Nana with Williams in the middle. Williams showed (in his sub appearance last week) that he is our only CB that is actually comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Cann I dont' think will ever get comforatable but eventually the confidence will come to Nana, its just not there yet.

Brooker
04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Who's gonna grab the corner flag and raise it like a gun this time around?

TFCwestcan
04-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Agree.

He's a biased Red Bull reporter who likes to pretend the Canadian teams aren't in the league until they fuck up then he reports on it.

It appeared that he was pretty happy that Dero was traded to NYRB, after all Dero was being wasted up in Canada

TFCwestcan
04-09-2011, 06:26 PM
He has his strengths. I think he and Zavarise will both be useful late subs wide up top; both quick enough and both deliver a decent cross. Peterson put that one last week in perfectly.

I'd like to see more of Zavarise, I have a feeling we will see either Peterson and/or Harden on the pitch today.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
We've talked a bit over the years because he used to be in the print biz. Very sensitive guy; loves soccer but never struck me as insightful.

yeah i gotta say the more he continues to speak about the NCAA as regularly creating great players (or continuing to be as important as the academies) the less ive found him as a dependable/insightful source, that being said im sure hes lovely, i guess its the fact hes been printed and has a website as well as there was little coverage on the mls that i overlooked these things in the past

mclaren
04-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Which downtown pubs are showing the game tonight?

Red Rat
04-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Which downtown pubs are showing the game tonight?

would you like the list of all of them?
that may be a long one, or short

mclaren
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
would you like the list of all of them?
that may be a long one, or short

Didn't realise there would be that many! I'm looking for somewhere in the downtown core - Front/King/Queen/Dundas and Yonge.

Pachuco
04-09-2011, 07:36 PM

I know you think Peterson is a good crosser of the ball, but I couldn't disagree more there. I actually think Andy Welsh could put in a better cross then Peterson. I know that he put the cross into Gordon. But that's 1 out of 20 for him. And I believe it was on a set piece. If you can't put a ball in the box on a set piece then you shouldn't even been playing rep.

Zavarise, I like what I've seen from him so far. I hate that Winter favours Peterson over him, but I can live with it because I still trust Winter knows best.

Red Rat
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Didn't realise there would be that many! I'm looking for somewhere in the downtown core - Front/King/Queen/Dundas and Yonge.

if there is Hockey your luck will change but try all the Pubs in the Splanade. The Scotland Yard always shows games

Ossington Mental Youth
04-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Zavarise, I like what I've seen from him so far. I hate that Winter favours Peterson over him, but I can live with it because I still trust Winter knows best.

you and me both, curious as to why Zavarise isnt getting playing time over him...

arbogast
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Line up is unchanged from Chivas as per Luke Wileman:
http://twitter.com/lukewileman

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Is the game on HD? Sorry if its already posted.

LesH
04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
If anyone will catch a working stream please post it (but not those inside bookmaker accounts).