PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Idea

TorontoGooner
04-03-2011, 07:22 AM
I've deliberated over this for some time, and I've decided I'm just going to throw it out there to see what kind of response it gets.

There's a lot of opinions flying around this forum (which is great), and I was wondering if somehow we can use these and create a Podcast for TFC fans? I've got a little bit of radio experience and also have biased, self-centered opinions on all things football. Perhaps with a couple of other guys with more balanced views we can be on to something here?

It's actually pretty cheap to do, in fact free if you know the right people and a half an hour show takes about an hour to record. Throw in a couple of beers and talk of all things red and I think this isn't a totally unreasonable idea.

Feel free to disagree, that's why I love this game.

MG42
04-03-2011, 07:25 AM
More TFC is good!

RPL was an awesome podcast.

http://canadian_bhoy.podomatic.com/

TorontoGooner
04-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Didn't know there was one already and I don't want to go head-to-head with a Red Patch one. Does it still run though?

I'm actually kind of getting in to this idea even more

denime
04-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Not that I know,it's good idea and I'm sure someone will step up to help you get this one going.

STB
04-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Well i think most who know me on the boards will agree i am certainly opinionated but not necessarily tfc centric. If you wanted someone with a european view then i would be more than happy to lend my Scottish tones if required.

If not it's always good to hear about a new podcast, more footy can never be a bad thing !!

TorontoGooner
04-03-2011, 07:54 AM
With your Scottish tones and my Essex accent we could be on to something here! Better get a Canadian voice though, we don't want to come across as "EuroSnobs"

jimiv
04-03-2011, 08:12 AM
With your Scottish tones and my Essex accent we could be on to something here! Better get a Canadian voice though, we don't want to come across as "EuroSnobs"

What's more Canadian than accents from elsewhere?

:canada:

Phil
04-03-2011, 08:43 AM
I would be willing to help in whatever capacity I could.

:D

Batman
04-03-2011, 09:41 AM
nice to see this... I'd love to see this get going.

Gern3000
04-03-2011, 10:14 AM
rednationonline.ca does one

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RedNationOnlineEastSideStandUp

but the more the merrier

AL-MO
04-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Didn't know there was one already and I don't want to go head-to-head with a Red Patch one. Does it still run though?

I'm actually kind of getting in to this idea even more

It doesn't run anymore and bringing back a TFC specific podcast is a great idea.

sashavukelich
04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I listen to numerous soccer podcasts and would be pleased to help, i can phone in via ISDN. Sorry i don't have a thick Serbian accent to help with!

werewolf
04-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Resurrect Red Patch Live :)

uncle p
04-03-2011, 11:06 AM
If your looking for someone to do nothing more than swear and eat chips into a mic, i'm def your guy.....or maybe i'll just stick to listening, great idea!!!

Waggy
04-03-2011, 11:39 AM
I can lend some help if you need- I've been part of a basketball podcast for a year and a half, so have some experience.

Cashcleaner
04-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I've deliberated over this for some time, and I've decided I'm just going to throw it out there to see what kind of response it gets.

There's a lot of opinions flying around this forum (which is great), and I was wondering if somehow we can use these and create a Podcast for TFC fans? I've got a little bit of radio experience and also have biased, self-centered opinions on all things football. Perhaps with a couple of other guys with more balanced views we can be on to something here?

It's actually pretty cheap to do, in fact free if you know the right people and a half an hour show takes about an hour to record. Throw in a couple of beers and talk of all things red and I think this isn't a totally unreasonable idea.

Feel free to disagree, that's why I love this game.

You would have my full support in this endeavour. RPL was a great production for the short time it was broadcasting.

Yohan
04-03-2011, 12:11 PM
It's called football still going?

ForestGlade
04-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I've got my diploma in radio broadcasting and have done shows like this before. Let me know if I can help in any capacity

TorontoGooner
04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Amazing response, thanks guys. I'm going to sit down one night this week and speak to some mates in media, we may be able to get studio time. As for beers, I can sort that out, I work for a Brewery ;)

Fort York Redcoat
04-04-2011, 08:51 AM
It's called football still going?

Sure is. With added Canada and Vancouver content. A must listen.

TorontoGooner keep it up and keep us informed with any developments on this happening!!