PDA

View Full Version : DeRo v. TFC: Who's *more* to blame?

DichioTFC
04-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Who's MORE to blame for what happened, DeRo or TFC?

Obviously both share the blame for letting it end like this. But who is more at fault here?

mdc 77
04-01-2011, 10:29 PM
whys does blame have to fall on either? it just didn't work...he wasn't surrounded with a good team and DeRo obviously wasn't going to give us a winning club all on his one.

Didn't work, move him on and lets move on. No blame for anyone.

DichioTFC
04-01-2011, 10:31 PM
If you don't feel the need to blame, then don't vote. Purpose of this is to find who people are blaming.

BeerBaron95
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
kill this thread.. seriously

Derko
04-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Who's MORE to blame for what happened, DeRo or TFC?

Obviously both share the blame for letting it end like this. But who is more at fault here?

It is unfortunate that this had to happen, but I feel both sides negotiated in bad faith, move on!!

zeelaw
04-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Mo Johnston then kills this thread.

Joe Kool
04-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Need an option for BOTH.

DichioTFC
04-01-2011, 10:38 PM
kill this thread.. seriously

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6801831/deal-with-it-here-to-stay.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=heretostaybieber3333

ryan
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I blame the club. I never believed he wanted to leave, he simply felt he was underpaid and to a point I can agree.

I feel the club mismanged multiple situations which cast him in a poor light through media and into the public's eye. Although on this point I don't put DeRo blameless.

I feel the club has thrown around money poorly and because of that wasn't able to pay DeRo more (however the desire if they wanted to is unknown. you could suggest there was no desire because he's been dealt but there's too many other factors in play to jump to that conclusion IMO). However with money, DeRo signed a contract and then decided he wants more, that's something I don't agree with. You signed a deal, too damn bad, you should have hired a better agent to put together a better deal to compensate you for elevated play. It's that simple.

In the end, TFC has been a mismanaged clusterfuck and if they weren't this situation would have played out drastically different...and likely less chaotic. So I blame them more so but DeRo is not entirely free of fault.

zeelaw
04-01-2011, 10:42 PM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6801831/deal-with-it-here-to-stay.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=heretostaybieber3333
hahahah

parma
whys does blame have to fall on either? it just didn't work...he wasn't surrounded with a good team and DeRo obviously wasn't going to give us a winning club all on his one.

Could not have said it any better.....

Roogsy

Because if people don't see their mistakes then they don't learn and are prone to repeat them. For example, I am sure DeRo won't make the mistake again of a public gesture like the cheque-signing. Has MLSE/TFC learned anything? If they haven't, what exactly makes you believe they won't repeat that mistake?

mdc 77
04-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Because if people don't see their mistakes then they don't learn and are prone to repeat them. For example, I am sure DeRo won't make the mistake again of a public gesture like the cheque-signing. Has MLSE/TFC learned anything? If they haven't, what exactly makes you believe they won't repeat that mistake?

Lesson to be learned for the club is you can't win a championship with one player, you need a complete team, even if he is the best in north america. Confident Winter knows this and knows how to build a solid all round football club.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 10:47 PM
So there aren't any lessons to be learned on how to treat players, how to deal with contract situations and how to head problems before they blow up in your face?

Man...talk about giving TFC a walk.

mdc 77
04-01-2011, 10:54 PM
The lesson learned there is fire the incompetent management. did that. moving on now arent we? the last 4 years have been such shite, this about starting new as painful as that is.

That opinion doesn't give much respect or a chance to winter and co. does it?

Kooper
Do we really need another thread for Roogsy and Rocker to fight it out?

Roogsy
Shit I voted for DeRo. LOL!

DichioTFC
04-01-2011, 10:55 PM
^ there's been a lot of starting over my friend.

btw, it's a bit of stretch to lie this on Winter / Mariner's feet IMO.

mdc 77
04-01-2011, 10:56 PM
HA! well ya shouldn't have voted for either!

Enough of this dero mero, lets move on and get Drogba here already so we have something else to talk about!

Roogsy
The lesson learned there is fire the incompetent management. did that. moving on now arent we? the last 4 years have been such shite, this about starting new as painful as that is.

That opinion doesn't give much respect or a chance to winter and co. does it?

But if there continues to be player unhappiness then obviously firing Mo not enough. They needed to change the atmosphere in the organization and they didn't do that. Winter wasn't brought in to head up player relations so I highly doubt he is spending his time taking care of that side of things as opposed to looking at the technical side of the team.

So if he isn't fixing things, who is?

DichioTFC
Shit I voted for DeRo. LOL!

LOL i think tomorrow morning can't come soon enough for you, more than anyone else ;)

Canadian Blue
04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
The fault is all TFC's bringing in a hometown player with his ability and not matching his wage to his contribution is a joke. This year DeRo and DeGuzman should have switched pay until JDG proved he was worth it.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-02-2011, 12:18 AM
The fault is all TFC's bringing in a hometown player with his ability and not matching his wage to his contribution is a joke. This year DeRo and DeGuzman should have switched pay until JDG proved he was worth it.

Dero was getting close to $350g's at houston for years on end...why is it TFCs fault for offering him more then what he was getting at houston at the time....

koryo
04-02-2011, 12:29 AM
It was TFC's fault for signing DeRo, and DeRo's fault for agreeing to sign.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Workie
04-02-2011, 01:40 AM
It was TFC's fault for signing DeRo, and DeRo's fault for agreeing to sign.

Nothing to see here, move along...

And again with age comes wisdom!

End of Discussion!

Waggy
04-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Without reading any replies: I voted for Dero, because I do feel that his actions led to the breakdown of the relationship more then the clubs did. That said I think the question probably shouldn't be Dero vs TFC, but Dero vs Mo

Roogsy
04-02-2011, 02:07 AM
So his being upset at being betrayed is what led to the breakdown, not the betrayal itself?

I need a vacation.

J .
04-02-2011, 04:14 AM
So his being upset at being betrayed is what led to the breakdown, not the betrayal itself?

spinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Oldtimer
04-02-2011, 04:20 AM
This doesn't add anything to the main thread except a poll, and ends up duplicating the discussion. Time to close it.