PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL - DERO TRADED (Confirmed by TFC)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Torontotonto
04-01-2011, 05:24 PM
It's a sad day to see DeRo go.

DeRo and us both had a GREEN campain on the same day.

Sorry to see him go, it's going to be hard to replace those goals, but like it or not we now have to turn the page.

NY won this trade for sure, but I sure hope there's something BIG in the works in the near future or were toast.

For me it's a no brainer that he has to be on our wall of honour.

DeRo thanks for your service and the memories you left as a RED, good luck in NY, just not when your playing TFC.

:picard:

TFC14
Rumors kicking around we are still picking up a big chunk of his salary.
yikes...

RedsYNWA
As Cash said, there are two sides to every negotiation. He wasn't the only one that needed to "find a way". And since he was playing despite not having the contract he liked, when exactly did he not "play out his contract"?

Hide his displeasure is the evidence that he didn't love TO? Well I must hate TO because if pissed at this club.

I have 2 kids Roogsy and my kid asked me what the cheque signature gesture thing meant at a time we were down in a game....thats misguided

We are all human and make mistakes & that was a big one by our captain. None the less he did honour a fallen RPB and gave his time to charity unfortunately most of these noble actions were away from the spotlight.

PS I have to give you credit to stepping up to some of these uninformed posters here as you Roogsy are a class act

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Does anyone else sharing the same feeling of this being bittersweet

I have a feeling of...potentiality. The acquisition of Borman isn't inspiring, but Tchani could prove a success on the pitch with proper development. The first-round pick could be a boom or a bust.

The thing is though, Tchani seems to be the person everyone has their sights on, but I'm not really convinced going by his record with New York.

Most disturbingly is the fact that the Red Bull supporters are going full retard over this deal. Most are agreeing that New York came out on top with this deal. I know that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but it's like seeing your ex-wife and her lawyer high-fiving each other right after your divorce preceedings. :(

CretanBull
04-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Roogs - you're arguing with people who aren't interested in the truth. Everyone who knows the facts knows that you're right. The people who don't are just trying to shout over you and swamp you with the same old same old baseless accusations...

Huyton
04-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Our Captains gone to old New York
and Dero was his name-o
DeRosario
DeRosario
DeRosario
Now DeRo is a Red Bull

Thank you, Dwayne for Montreal
And for the grass at BeeMo
DeRosario
DeRosario
DeRosario
We'll see you in October.

MarkoftheDrink
04-01-2011, 05:27 PM
HY-03vYYAjA

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :flare: :drinking:

TFC14
04-01-2011, 05:28 PM
From his facebook page...

Dwayne De Rosario
I am sorry to the wonderful and passionate fans at TFC about my departure to NY Red Bulls. Just wanted to say it has truly been an honor coming back home & playing for my home crowd. Unfortunately things didn't work out as it was my goal to help TFC succeed in winning a "MLS Championship". You the fans will always hold a special place in my heart at TFC. Best Wishes....

prizby
04-01-2011, 05:28 PM
The New York Red Bulls...America's Finest Retirement Home

rocker
04-01-2011, 05:30 PM

Isn't that the LA Galaxy? ;)

sully
From his facebook page...

Dwayne De Rosario
I am sorry to the wonderful and passionate fans at TFC about my departure to NY Red Bulls. Just wanted to say it has truly been an honor coming back home & playing for my home crowd. Unfortunately things didn't work out as it was my goal to help TFC succeed in winning a "MLS Championship". You the fans will always hold a special place in my heart at TFC. Best Wishes....

Yeah, but your wallet is more important than your heart

Red Rat

don't count on it yet. MLSE is working on an "award winning" retirement condo downtown. Details comming soon.

rr

Stryker
04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but your wallet is more important than you'd heart
word

Stryker
04-01-2011, 05:32 PM
don't count on it yet. MLSE is working on an "award winning" retirement condo downtown. Details comming soon.

rr
I take this as an aged DP?

Kc17
04-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Earlier in the thread I was really against this move, but after calming from the initial shock/surprise, I'm content with it. Sucks to see DeRo go, I wish him the best in New York.

Lets hope the new players come in and fit Winter's system.

TFC14
04-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Isn't that the LA Galaxy? ;)
Maybe we could have worked out a deal with L.A. for Barrett, Dunniviant

Beach_Red
04-01-2011, 05:35 PM
and Dero was his name-o
DeRosario
DeRosario
DeRosario
Now DeRo is a Red Bull

DeRosario
DeRosario
DeRosario

Sometimes when you call out management publicly people like you and sometimes they don't.....

v00d00daddy
04-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow...this thread has turned really sour.

Some people are missing DeRo....which is cool

Others are happy he is gone...which is cool too.

And then there are others who are shitting on those who are happy he is gone. Not cool.

And so fucking condescending too. What the fuck is wrong with people when you can talk shit about someone you're in a discussion with just because they don't like a player you like?

Cretan..that whole "truth" shit is fucking laughable.

Opinions people...debate them all you want but when you start pontificating like people who disagree with you are stupid, or lost you become the stupid loser.

TFC Cityboy
04-01-2011, 05:36 PM
and Dero was his name-o
DeRosario
DeRosario
DeRosario
Now DeRo is a Red Bull

DeRosario
DeRosario
DeRosario

Excellent!!

RedsYNWA
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
What is done is done
let's welcome our new REDS :scarf:

peteyp61
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM

And then there are others who are shitting on those who are happy he is gone. Not cool.

And so fucking condescending too. What the fuck is wrong with people when you can talk shit about someone you're in a discussion with just because they don't like a player you like?

Opinions people...debate them all you want but when you start pontificating like people who disagree with you are stupid, or lost you become the stupid loser.

+100

Relja
04-01-2011, 05:41 PM
sad to see him go, I always liked him as a player. Why do we always trade one of our best players for unconfirmed "talent".

Red Rat
04-01-2011, 05:41 PM

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/ratonrojo/tumblr_liyg62syx01qhw4wvo1_500.jpg

TFC14
04-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Tchani was the second overall pick in the 2010 draft, and has shown considerable promise.

Tony Tchani is listed at 6'4"...should be nice to have some height in the middle of the park

MarkoftheDrink
04-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Most users ever online was 472, Today at 02:56 PM.

Woop.

Also this move has Mariner's fingerprints all over it.

newb
04-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I personally am very happy and very sad to see DeRo go to NYRB.

I am very happy because he has been a great player for us, and he now has a [very] good chance of winning another MLS Cup which can only help him with his goals (moving to Europe, more lucrative contract) and I am happy that we did get some value (even if we don't know what it is as yet) for him.

I am very sad because he has been a great player for us and a great captain. Personally when he made the cheque signing gesture my reaction was "Ooh...he just soured a large number of fans". If he hadn't done that everyone would be up in arms about him being traded instead of the acrimonious debate that has occurred on here.

Long story short - good luck to DeRo and Go Reds!

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 05:46 PM
" Toronto is picking up a "significant" chuck of his salary. "

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/report_red_bulls_trade_for_dwayne_oF1EszqyeGrCEQAT PrW7rL

:S

RedsYNWA
I personally am very happy and very sad to see DeRo go to NYRB.

I am very happy because he has been a great player for us, and he now has a [very] good chance of winning another MLS Cup which can only help him with his goals (moving to Europe, more lucrative contract) and I am happy that we did get some value (even if we don't know what it is as yet) for him.

I am very sad because he has been a great player for us and a great captain. Personally when he made the cheque signing gesture my reaction was "Ooh...he just soured a large number of fans". If he hadn't done that everyone would be up in arms about him being traded instead of the acrimonious debate that has occurred on here.

Long story short - good luck to DeRo and Go Reds!

+1000 :scarf:

ginkster88
So it's done? I like the deal a lot, to build championship teams you have to trade some assets. The key is moving the right parts; the FO seem to know what they want to do, but only time will tell.

Relja
04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I think we should have traded de guzman and paid dero a little more

ginkster88
04-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I think we should have traded de guzman and paid dero a little more

...because De Guzman is an asset around the league.

Come on dude.

Relja
04-01-2011, 05:49 PM
...because De Guzman is an asset around the league.

Come on dude.

I dont know every time ive seen him play i think we are paying him way too much (4x Dero's Salary)

Serb_Star
04-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Hopefully we won't be a one man team now.

adam1001
04-01-2011, 05:51 PM
gonna miss dero. hopefully the team can get it together and win some games. comeonn you reds!!

rocker

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/report_red_bulls_trade_for_dwayne_oF1EszqyeGrCEQAT PrW7rL

And MLS is picking up all the salary for Tchani, thanks to Generation Adidas.

69Chevy396
Yeah, but your wallet is more important than your heart
I agree. Dero asked for this trade, he is a prick of the highest order. We should hope Harmse gets resigned so he can bust up the assholes ankles next time he plays here. What a prick, I am totally pissed off at him. He requested this trade, every other GM knew this, we are lucky to get what we did. The asshole finally looks like a man with the new haircut, too bad he is still a child at heart.

boban
Wow....Just...Wow.
Nobody scoring for us now huh.....
yet somehow we got a 2-0 win without Mero scoring. hmmmmm.

BFin
04-01-2011, 05:52 PM
That is all I will say on this. I can't possibly address the insane amount of misinformation in this thread so I won't try.

This. (The not trying, not the mis-information)

ginkster88
04-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I dont know every time ive seen him play i think we are paying him way too much (4x Dero's Salary)

Nobody is arguing that. That's why nobody would trade for him, let alone give us what we got for DeRo.

It's a deadweight contract, you can only trade those for other deadweight contracts (see. Jason Blake for JS Giguere in the NHL).

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 05:53 PM
And MLS is picking up all the salary for Tchani, thanks to Generation Adidas.

I'm sure that was a big selling point in this deal tbh

Kooper
04-01-2011, 05:54 PM

I was wondering which team would pay Dero more than the 435K he was making in Toronto. I never thought he would convice two teams to pay him 300K each. (note $ was pulled from my ass.)

Relja
04-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Nobody is arguing that. That's why nobody would trade for him, let alone give us what we got for DeRo.

It's a deadweight contract, you can only trade those for other deadweight contracts (see. Jason Blake for JS Giguere in the NHL).

Ah didnt see the sarcasm in your previous statement my bad (I was like i dont think he (De Guzman) is an asset.....

ensco
We got a lot more for a 32 year old Dero than we paid for a 30 year old Dero.

Cashcleaner
yet somehow we got a 2-0 win without Mero scoring. hmmmmm.

Ummm, I don't know if you were paying attention, but he had the assist on Martina's fist goal.

forza_tfc
At the very least, the team's drama should end with this trade. Hopefully Winter can now properly focus on rebuilding.

ginkster88
04-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Bingo!!

Whoop
I equate the situation with TFC with the Jays.

The Jays have won jack shit lately yet there is a lot of optimism around the Jays that they're the doing "right thing".

I think Winter is "building" something.

We'll just have to wait and see what it is.

West220Side
Entire ordeal made sense, Stevanovic can fill his spot as Center Attacking along with keeping Peterson and Zavarise on the pitch.

ryan
04-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Ummm, I don't know if you were paying attention, but he had the assist on Martina's fist goal.

An assist just about any other player (except Gargan) could have made.

billyfly
04-01-2011, 05:58 PM
What a day. In 4 years this club has had some big ones.

Suds
04-01-2011, 05:59 PM

True. But this just proves Mariner knows more about what he's doing compared to MoJo.

Still sucks to lose DeRo.

BFin
04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
14 steps forward, 0 steps back.

ginkster88
04-01-2011, 06:00 PM

Oh come on. He made a fantastic play to flick the ball just out of reach of the defender.

69Chevy396
04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
At the very minimum, the team needs to sign a quality DP forward finally, finally, finally. They had a hard time with season ticket renewals this year, if they find themselves near the bottom again this year, forget all the talk of rebuilding, this team will be in deep trouble as thousands of supporters find other things to do on our Saturday afternoons.....They should have made this move in pre season, it was clear Dero wanted out, so trade him and get a replacement before the season starts...this is crap.

Suds
04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
What a day. In 4 years this club has had some big ones.

I know I'm going for a beer tonight.

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 06:02 PM

Arguable given how shaky some players have shown over the years when the ball comes within five feet of them in the opposing end. :lol:

ryan
04-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Oh come on. He made a fantastic play to flick the ball just out of reach of the defender.

Sorry? Santos chipped it ahead, DeRo ran to it, guarded it for a brief moment then drop passed back to Martina.

He didn't do anything special from what I saw.

rocker
04-01-2011, 06:03 PM

so it ends up (after these years) being Julius James for Tchani and Borman and a first round pick???

ginkster88
Sorry? Santos chipped it ahead, DeRo ran to it, guarded it for a brief moment then drop passed back to Martina.

He didn't do anything special from what I saw.

You should rewatch the flick.

ryan
You should rewatch the flick.

I just did, not sure what you're seeing.

rocker
Arguable given how shaky some players have shown over the years when the ball comes within five feet of them in the opposing end. :lol:

funny thing was how bad De Ro's first touch was when Gordon made a nice pass on to him earlier.

but of course nobody remembers that......

AppRedDevil
04-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Although I am going to miss watching DeRo play, with the Gold Cup this year he was going to be gone for a huge chunk of the summer anyway.
That's my 2 favorite players from the last few years gone Barrett now DeRo.
Hopefully the the new young guys will come in and work hard.

DangerRed
Whoever in the coaching staff/FO is behind this move, I commend them. They're proving no one player is larger than the club. I, for one, don't want a team built around a single player, no matter how good he is. DeRo got injured a few weeks into the 2009 season and that was actually when I really fell in love with the team. It was terrifying that the only guy scoring goals was gone all of a sudden, but the boys bucked up and won a few. I like the trade and the potential it brings. Time will tell if it was the right move, but it's certainly a promising one.

As for D-Money, and all his crazy antics, I don't think I'll miss them. I'll miss his skill, his big heart and the great ability he had to create something out of nothing. I wish him all the best in New York. But we weren't going to win Championships with him, like he said in his Facebook post he wanted to do. That's because D-Money can't win championships for TFC by himself. He needs a team, as much as he appears to hate that idea sometimes, and that's what we're building here. I can't wait.

Mark TFC
Even though the tension between DeRo and the organization has been there for a while, it's still a shocker to see him go. It's unfortunate to see him go because he is such a strong player and always brings a little spark to the pitch, but we now have two new signings and a future draft pick in which the coach feels confident.

Let's welcome the new boys!

ryan
04-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Although I am going to miss watching DeRo play, with the Gold Cup this year he was going to be gone for a huge chunk of the summer anyway.

That's a very good point! 3-6 matches he'd not be available for.

CretanBull
04-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Right - facts in a debate are laughable :rolleyes:

I don't think that people who disagree with me are stupid, I enjoy a exchanging thoughts and opinions with anyone. In this thread though there are people who are arguing speculative assertions vs. facts. At that point, its obvious that its not about an exchange of ideas and opinions but rather about a pig-headed desire to be "right"...at which point there's no longer a point to the conversation.

BFin
04-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Phonzo says:

mmmmmmmmeeeeerooooooooo

Brandon says:

Concrete jungle where no one knows you, there's nothing you can do.

0UjsXo9l6I8

DangerRed
04-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Dumbest comment I've ever heard on this all day is from someone who attached it to DeRo's Facebook post, where he tells everyone he's leaving:

"Wow I wish I had known this B4 buying tickets!"

I can't help but laugh. These are "the non-supporters" some of you so despise and right now, I can't help but agree.

BFin
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Roberto Alomar just said Toronto has the greatest fans. I don't know what to believe now.

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 06:11 PM
funny thing was how bad De Ro's first touch was when Gordon made a nice pass on to him earlier.

But in the grand scheme of things, his record for just this season is none too shabby. Goal in Vancouver, assist against Portland. I think he's got like 3-4 shots on goal or so and that's only after two games.

You gotta at least acknowledge his record.

TFC John
04-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't want to read 28 pages of this. Does anyone know who the new captain will be?

johntv
04-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I was told that our web crashed by those that wanted to know about our man Dwayne.It is a shame that he was traded and obviously the message is ,don't take on the corporate guys ,business is money and that you can't force no matter who you are.
Herald's legacy showing it's nasty head again.

Belfast_Boy
04-01-2011, 06:14 PM
dislike

ManUtd4ever
04-01-2011, 06:15 PM
If TFC is picking up a significant portion of his salary, how on earth does the trade make sense? I sincerely hope it's an erroneous report, such as the reports that surfaced after the Barrett trade that proved to be false.

The main benefit of the trade aside from acquiring a prospect like Tchani, is acquiring the necessary cap space to sign a DP or an impact offensive player to replace DeRo. If TFC only gains 100-200K of cap space in this transaction, it's a terrible move in my opinion.

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 06:17 PM
^^^
Even with covering some of Dero's salary, we open up 300K of cap space....

I think?

swan
04-01-2011, 06:18 PM

everyone can have a bad first touches even messi not all of his first touches are great..

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 06:18 PM
If TFC is picking up a significant portion of his salary, how on earth does the trade make sense? I sincerely hope it's an erroneous report, such as the reports that surfaced after the Barrett trade that proved to be false.

The main benefit of the trade aside from acquiring a prospect like Tchani, is acquiring the necessary cap space to sign a DP or an impact offensive player to replace DeRo. If TFC only gains 100-200K of cap space in this transaction, it's a terrible move in my opinion.

Apparently, Tchani is paid by the league under Generation Adidas, so we don't take the cap hit on him.

I think.

Torontotonto
04-01-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't want to read 28 pages of this. Does anyone know who the new captain will be?

I say Frei :flare:

swan
04-01-2011, 06:21 PM
we have dumped so much and made cap space why do we need more who is filling up the space we have made already..

who is making over 200k on tfc right now just curious

Stryker
04-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Keep an eye out for DeRo's next interview insisting the Brooklyn projects aren't as hard as the mean streets of Scarborough.

Alixir
04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
That's a very good point! 3-6 matches he'd not be available for.and thats 3-6 matches he doesn't suit up for Red Bull.

bgnewf
04-01-2011, 06:23 PM
DeRo Saga Ends At Last

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/04/dero-saga-ends/

The DeRo saga finally comes to an end wuth his trade to New York. Some quick thoughts on his tenure here and on what this means for Toronto FC.

AdamoTheGreat
04-01-2011, 06:24 PM
this is sickening display from all sides...

rocker
04-01-2011, 06:24 PM
everyone can have a bad first touches even messi not all of his first touches are great..

yeah, that's true. But De Ro fans tend to forget the bad touches, and the shots over the net, and the offsides, and the running out of bounds with the ball.. A picture is painted only of a saint who can do no wrong and deserves everything he wants. People can't just give credit for the good stuff and ignore the rest.

Thrillos
04-01-2011, 06:27 PM
The frustrating thing from all this is that if Toronto would have just let him sign with Celtic in the off season we would have been able to dump his entire salary. I bet we are paying close to if not half of his current salary for the remainder of the year.

DeRo could have played champions league like he most likely was dying to be able to do and we would have gotten a, presumably, small but decent transfer fee for him.

Another fuck up by the useless twits that have been running TFC since the beginning.

swan
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
yeah, that's true. But De Ro fans tend to forget the bad touches, and the shots over the net, and the offsides, and the running out of bounds with the ball.. A picture is painted only of a saint who can do no wrong and deserves everything he wants. People can't just give credit for the good stuff and ignore the rest.

yes he did all those but he still was the best player on the team..

and yes you do have to take the good with the bad..

Red Rat
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM

yes you are aright! that is 99.9% of his first touches are great.

swan
04-01-2011, 06:29 PM
yes you are aright! that is 99.9% of his first touches are great.

i know hes amazing but not that amazing..

ryan
04-01-2011, 06:30 PM
The frustrating thing from all this is that if Toronto would have just let him sign with Celtic in the off season we would have been able to dump his entire salary. I bet we are paying close to if not half of his current salary for the remainder of the year.

Yeah but they wouldn't have got 3 assets like they did today.

Cuchulain
04-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I beleive the old adage 'the team that gets the best player wins the trade'. And thats New York. They've been waiting to do this; but no way would they do it before the season started because renewals would have dived. Dero is a proven winner these guys could all be busts. This was about money and egos specifically Anselmi's ego. Any ownership group would have written the cheque for Dero except MLSE.

Dero is going to be an absolute TFC killer.

swan
04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
but does anyone know who is making more then 200k besides jdg

iansmcl
04-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the memories Mr. de Rosario. I'll remember watching the Miracle in Montreal with my family for a long, long time. Good luck in NY, except when we'e there.

Cheers, Dwayne.

AppRedDevil
04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
I guess this means my fridge magnet is even more out of date now.

Cashcleaner

And it's easy to commit all those offences when you're always the one with the ball.

swan
Thanks for the memories Mr. de Rosario. I'll remember watching the Miracle in Montreal with my family for a long, long time. Good luck in NY, except when we'e there.

Cheers, Dwayne.

or when they are here..

Smokecell
04-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I beleive the old adage 'the team that gets the best player wins the trade'. And thats New York. They've been waiting to do this; but no way would they do it before the season started because renewals would have dived. Dero is a proven winner these guys could all be busts. This was about money and egos specifically Anselmi's ego. Any ownership group would have written the cheque for Dero except MLSE.

Dero is going to be an absolute TFC killer.

and I'm glad they didn't...it would set a bad precedence to allow a player to take the team hostage like that for more money

loconet
04-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I threw up in my mouth
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/dl-640x380/image_nodes/2011/04/DeRo_DL_kit.jpg

Nodoubtguy
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
/\/\/\/\/\

Well that just looks weird

ag futbol
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh jesus that is gross....

Well in the end, what had to be done is done. The relationship between TFC and the player was broken beyond repair.

That being said I really really like Tchani and always thought he'd be a perfect guy to play next to JDG in the midfield.

I hope the shopping cart already has an AM in it, because Santos is not going to be that guy.

Cuchulain
04-01-2011, 06:43 PM
and I'm glad they didn't...it would set a bad precedence to allow a player to take the team hostage like that for more money

And De Guzman isn't holding us hostage for his 2+ mil or whatever he gets? At least dero scored goals. That win in Montreal was all Dero; bleeding TFC red and grey. I've never been more pissed with this team than I am right now.

ag futbol
04-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Little big disgusted that quotes about MLSE and people at the board level getting involved.

Board level involvement has never been good for MLSE teams as a whole. I question in the end who actually has a bigger ego?

Nodoubtguy
04-01-2011, 06:45 PM
And De Guzman isn't holding us hostage for his 2+ mil or whatever he gets? At least dero scored goals. That win in Montreal was all Dero; bleeding TFC red and grey. I've never been more pissed with this team than I am right now.

DeGuzman plays for the contact he signed.....

swan

he better earn his pay this year..

ANTZ
I love the Way Winter is handling our Team, it takes a big set of balls to trade our team captin and best player to put the uniform on. Smart move no one is bigger then the club at the end of the day! The Club needs time, but for the first time i truely believe in TFC is in good hands!!
Good Luck Dero hopefully the grass in greener on the otherside for you!!

IN WINTER WE TRUST!

Cashcleaner
Little big disgusted that quotes about MLSE and people at the board level getting involved.

Board level involvement has never been good for MLSE teams as a whole. I question in the end who actually has a bigger ego?

DeRo's beef was always with the club and the guys paying the bills. Could it be that Winter wanted him to stay on but the board trumped his input?

Pure speculation, but conceivable.

swss76
04-01-2011, 06:46 PM
i think frei should be our captain. i hope we can get someone to score as frequent as dero did... other than that it is better he is gone...i have had enough of his crap...great player cant take that away from him, but his attitude sucks!

Cuchulain
04-01-2011, 06:48 PM

and it's 'precedent'

Belfast_Boy
04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm glad he's gone... scoring all our goals. making the strikers look like pylons. bringing us the win in Montreal. the show of respect last week. fucking local boy. who needs him....

Pookie
04-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I beleive the old adage 'the team that gets the best player wins the trade'. And thats New York. They've been waiting to do this; but no way would they do it before the season started because renewals would have dived. Dero is a proven winner these guys could all be busts. This was about money and egos specifically Anselmi's ego.

Ok, that's one interpretation.

Another, more logical one is that you have a 32 year old player who has significantly high contract demands and a history of discontent with management.

The club exercised its option this year and only had one more year of his services as a guarantee. The league itself said it wasn't going to re-open his contract.

Is this the kind of situation that speaks to "foundation building"?

As a Manager, you are most likely to lose DeRo in a year. So, this becomes a story about maximizing your return while his value is high. That is while the season is young, while there is time on his contract and he still has his health.

The longer they waited, the lower the potential return on what most would conclude would be his inevitable departure.

Good deal for TFC. DeRo was a terrific player who had some great individual achievements.

Today, we acquired 2, perhaps 3 significant pieces that give the team more flexibility to ideally improve upon 4 seasons of achieving absolutely nothing.

ManUtd4ever
04-01-2011, 06:49 PM
It's been said repeatedly by various people but I'll reiterate; unless this transaction is the precursor to TFC signing an impact forward, it's very difficult to justify trading DeRo at this point, especially if TFC is paying a significant portion of his salary.

I have no doubt that Tchani is a great prospect and that Borman is reliable defender, but even combined with a late 1st round pick, the overall package TFC received is based on potential as opposed to proven young talent.

I believe our team has been substantially weakened in the short term. I hope I'm proven wrong over the course of the season.

Cuchulain
04-01-2011, 06:50 PM
DeGuzman plays for the contact he signed.....

My meaning was he does shit for the money he makes.

Suds
04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
DeRo's beef was always with the club and the guys paying the bills. Could it be that Winter wanted him to stay on but the board trumped his input?

Then I would expect Winter and Mariner to be handing in their resignations soon becuase they have no say at the club they are running. That is what is being suggested when people say MLSE stepped in.

jloome
04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm one of those who has no insight on this guy.

Is he all upside or should or will we see some immediate benefits to the team? What will his strengths be?

Mo Edu with better technique but not as good on the physical side. A very good two way midfielder who is still three or four years away from prime, but good enough to start in this league.

Sam Cronin, but bigger and stronger, not quite as positionally adept but more upside going forward.

(That might all be clear as mud. He's hard to compare to players we've had here before as we haven't really had any good two-way mids.)

Nodoubtguy
04-01-2011, 06:52 PM

but thats beyond the point......he has his contract that the team gave him and he's honouring it.

icecoldbeer
04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I threw up in my mouth
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/dl-640x380/image_nodes/2011/04/DeRo_DL_kit.jpg

um...how old is that picture? did DeRo magically grow dreads since last Saturday. his hair looks a bit short for that...

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/photos_gallery_view/image_nodes/2011/03/2Portland032611.jpg

maybe its a very good photoshop?

Suds
04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
It's been said repeatedly by various people but I'll reiterate; unless this transaction is the precursor to TFC signing an impact forward, it's very difficult to justify trading DeRo at this point, especially if TFC is paying a significant portion of his salary.

I have no doubt that Tchani is a great prospect and that Borman is reliable defender, but even combined with a late 1st round pick, the overall package TFC received is based on potential as opposed to proven young talent.

I believe our team has been substantially weakened in the short term. I hope I'm proven wrong over the course of the season.

Absolutely we have.

bgnewf
04-01-2011, 06:55 PM

Not picking on you specifically but I have to call out this belief that TFC was truly to be blamed here for this.

Going to Glasgow was DeRo's choice.
“Cutting the check” was DeRo's choice.
Signing a four year deal was DeRo's choice.
Publicly pronouncing anger over his contract status time after time to the media was again a fucking choice Dwayne de Rosario decided to make.

And leaving the club over the past week and forcing a deal was not something that TFC decided to do either. That was all on Dwayne.

He is gone. It's over. TFC plays tomorrow people!

Stryker
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Don't worry, unless JDG plays out of his socks when he gets back he'll be the next big player to go.

Smokecell
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
but thats beyond the point......he has his contract that the team gave him and he's honouring it.

yeah DeGuzman has nothing to do with my earlier point, thanks for saving me some posts Nodoubtguy

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 06:57 PM

I completely agree with this assessment. As I mentioned earlier, there's not a lot that leads me to believe that Tchani can even approach DeRo's level of skill - but there is some potential. Borman isn't particularly outstanding either and I think that what we see is what we get. The draft pick could reap us a big reward, though. Or not. Who knows?

We have been weakened at the moment - no doubt. Now, the onus is on Winter to replace the most prolific goalscorer the club has ever had.

Cuchulain
I don't think his departure was inevitable Pookie, why couldn't he turn out like Dichio and eventually coach? Or work with the team in some other capacity in the future? I think he genuinely wanted to be here.

Suds
from John Molinaro's twitter

Source close to Dero situation told me that the trade was essentially agreed upon 10 days ago.

swiss76
Not picking on you specifically but I have to call out this belief that TFC was truly to be blamed here for this.

Publicly pronouncing anger over his contract status time after time to the media was again a fucking choice Dwayne de Rosario decided to make.

And leaving the club over the past week and forcing a deal was not something that TFC decided to do either. That was all on Dwayne.

hells yeah we got a game tomorrow well said bgnewf

BFin
04-01-2011, 06:58 PM
What's a DeRo?

swan
04-01-2011, 06:58 PM

and i'm sure dero would to if he had that kind of money..

and he was with what he had just was asking for more..

Belfast_Boy
04-01-2011, 06:59 PM

yes and no. we all know he's been benched for fucking around. like NE last year where he came to the hotel well after he should have and in a questionable state.

Dero wanted to be here, JDG is here because he ran out of options.

but that's got nothing to do with this. yes DeRo should have shut up and played. still think this is bad, maybe it's a scarborough thing.

Pookie
04-01-2011, 07:00 PM

So, what were your expectations of a team that included DeRo? Playoffs?

On paper, the team may be weaker. I'm not sure how it could be considered weaker than the DeRo-included line up that dropped the 4-2 opener to Vancouver but you take away his past contribution and it is logical to think that the team might be missing something going forward.

But then again, the Leafs traded Beauchemin, Kaberle and Versteeg and everyone thought they were packing it in. Somehow, they've managed to become the NHL's 6th best team since the All-Star break with a line up that doesn't have those "established veterans."

Maybe DeRo is the only thing that kept us from losing every game. Maybe he was holding the team back. Who knows. But the truth is, we'd be without him one day or another. That day has now come, we got something for him and its time to rally around the new Reds.

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 07:01 PM
JDG is here because he ran out of options.

Not so sure about that.......surely he could still be in Europe if he wanted...

Stryker
04-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I presume there's no chance of ethier of our new players being in the line up tomorrow correct?

algieb
04-01-2011, 07:04 PM
is it not the mls who have to change his contract,im sure i read on here they would not change his cont

Nodoubtguy
and i'm sure dero would to if he had that kind of money..

and he was with what he had just was asking for more..

Well he negotiated the contact when he came from Houston.....had he shit the bed, would he say "here, take some back"?

yes and no. we all know he's been benched for fucking around. like NE last year where he came to the hotel well after he should have and in a questionable state.

Dero wanted to be here, JDG is here because he ran out of options.

but that's got nothing to do with this. yes DeRo should have shut up and played. still think this is bad, maybe it's a scarborough thing.

End of the day, they both signed contacts with TFC.....for whatever they could agree upon at the time. One player has played thru it, one has talked alot about making more.

loconet
um...how old is that picture? did DeRo magically grow dreads since last Saturday. his hair looks a bit short for that...

maybe its a very good photoshop?

hmmm.... I see what you're getting at

Pookie
I don't think his departure was inevitable Pookie, why couldn't he turn out like Dichio and eventually coach? Or work with the team in some other capacity in the future? I think he genuinely wanted to be here.

Sure but I'm speaking about his services as a player. He was either going to decline in skill and eventually retire. Or if his play continued to be strong, he would likely play out his contract and become that "Free agent" he wanted to be.

Just because a player is traded, doesn't mean that they can't come back to the organization. Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour, Darryl Sittler for the Leafs are an example.

Of course, I'm not sure anyone expects DeRo to be able to come back based on the way he left. Which highlights my original point that his departure was most likely inevitable.

Belfast_Boy

nobody wanted him. he waited for europe to come calling and they never did.

swan

from what i hear he had none other then us when he signed but thats just what i hear..

did he not wait on signing to see if one would come from europe and none came..

James17930
04-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Fuck you De Cunt. Fuck you.

Go fuck a donkey you cash grubbing mulefucker.

ag futbol
04-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I completely agree with this assessment. As I mentioned earlier, there's not a lot that leads me to believe that Tchani can even approach DeRo's level of skill - but there is some potential. Borman isn't particularly outstanding either and I think that what we see is what we get. The draft pick could reap us a big reward, though. Or not. Who knows?

We have been weakened at the moment - no doubt. Now, the onus is on Winter to replace the most prolific goalscorer the club has ever had.
Fundamentally he's a different player. That's the somewhat unfair part about this.

Someone is inevitably going to look at Tchani's goal total (which will always be pretty low) and compare it to Dero. The guy is coming here to control the middle of the park and despite the label of "future potential" being thrown around he's already a pretty damn good player.

I can't foresee a scenario where we actually get fair value in this trade. Always was going to be a about getting a solid player for the money plus cap space. We'll see what that cap space brings in eventually.

Lizzy
04-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Not for $1.7m he couldn't. Not even close.

MG42
04-01-2011, 07:08 PM

Did this actually happen? Roogsy called BS on this, no?

boban
04-01-2011, 07:08 PM
/\/\/\/\/\

Well that just looks weird
It's also photoshop.

icecoldbeer
04-01-2011, 07:09 PM
hmmm.... I see what you're getting at

i know Nana magically grew dreads after having short hair in Turkey...this is just too weird though..why do i pay attention to these details??
:drinking:

PS it is

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/85578461.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5482A2C59BF0C0D44A0 FD50BC45CE23D25545987721F9033771

boban
04-01-2011, 07:09 PM
That win in Montreal was all Dero;
That win in Montreal was really Montreal before any one individual. Don't forget that.

swan
04-01-2011, 07:10 PM
It's also photoshop.

i'm sure he knows it was photoshop

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Not for $1.7m he couldn't. Not even close.

Agreed, of course.

nobody wanted him. he waited for europe to come calling and they never did.

from what i hear he had none other then us when he signed but thats just what i hear..

did he not wait on signing to see if one would come from europe and none came..

Ahhh fair enough, I was under the impression he was holding out for a "big" European club, and when nobody came calling, he decided to come home.

I still think De Guzman could hold his own in most top flights in Europe, really excited to finally see him in Winters system. If he can't do it now, I fear he'll never do it for TFC.

Still unsure how I feel about this whole DeRo saga. But its finally over and we must move on. Tomorrow is a big game, I hope our fears are put to rest. For some reason I genuinely have a lot of faith in Winter, something tells me he'll do us proud here.

bgnewf
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Did this actually happen? Roogsy called BS on this, no?

I have it from three sources that he was away. Believe what you will...

but come on folks, its over. He is gone. Good luck to him.

TFC PLAYS TOMORROW!!!!!!!

James17930
04-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I hope he takes the train to Harrison for his first practice and the tunnel collapses, burying him in sewage-infested Hudson river water.

C.Ronaldo
04-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Agreed, of course.

Ahhh fair enough, I was under the impression he was holding out for a "big" European club, and when nobody came calling, he decided to come home.

I still think De Guzman could hold his own in most top flights in Europe, really excited to finally see him in Winters system. If he can't do it now, I fear he'll never do it for TFC.

Still unsure how I feel about this whole DeRo saga. But its finally over and we must move on. Tomorrow is a big game, I hope our fears are put to rest. For some reason I genuinely have a lot of faith in Winter, something tells me he'll do us proud here.

winter has proven nothing MLS, DERO has proven everything.

this is a serious gamble

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Fundamentally he's a different player. That's the somewhat unfair part about this.

Someone is inevitably going to look at Tchani's goal total (which will always be pretty low) and compare it to Dero. The guy is coming here to control the middle of the park and despite the label of "future potential" being thrown around he's already a pretty damn good player.

I can't foresee a scenario where we actually get fair value in this trade. Always was going to be a about getting a solid player for the money plus cap space. We'll see what that cap space brings in eventually.

Good point, because as you said, he's not a goal-scorer as much as a play-maker. I don't think Tchani is a terrible player all-round, I just think that the holes in the squad with DeRo's departure won't be plugged with him and Borman. That's probably the best way to say it.

Kooper
04-01-2011, 07:18 PM
i'm sure he knows it was photoshop

If you look at the dreads that are on the jersey they do not have shadows and there is not shadow around the neck of the jersey. Total photoshop.

Cuchulain
04-01-2011, 07:19 PM
The last thing I'm saying on the subject: Dero will win ANOTHER title before TFC wins one.

swan
04-01-2011, 07:19 PM
:prrr:
I hope he takes the train to Harrison for his first practice and the tunnel collapses, burying him in sewage-infested Hudson river water.

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM

this is a serious gamble

It is a gamble for sure. But Winter is a quality football mind, that much is proven. Will it work in MLS? Only time will tell. Regardless, it's done, let's see how this system holds up without DeRo, hopefully we'll be surprised.

ag futbol
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Good point, because as you said, he's not a goal-scorer as much as a play-maker. I don't think Tchani is a terrible player all-round, I just think that the holes in the squad with DeRo's departure won't be plugged with him and Borman. That's probably the best way to say it.
Yep i agree. I hope the new guys are ready to step it up because the guy with the big target on his back for opposing teams just left town.

Lucky Strike
04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
The last thing I'm saying on the subject: Dero will win ANOTHER title before TFC wins one.

Oh definitely. And you can wager good money that the first game he plays against TFC, he scores. Lots of hate for the guy from others for what he did, but he was always big time. Nothing will feel better for him than to score and give a big F U to the front office. Well, maybe scoring multiple goals...

He was the club best player ever, no question.
He always played his heart out to win, no question.
I didn't like the cheque signing, the public flirt with Celtic and the constant complaining about money.
Our team is weaker now certainly.
True, the front office has responsibility in this.
But, I think the trade is good for both teams. NYRB is clearly loaded and wants to win now and DeRo is going to help them do that. We are rebuilding and got many assets for an aging star that only had a few more years. Plus, like someone pointed out, we got more than we paid for him.

Too bad it had to come to this because he really was a good player, but I'm moving on.

James17930
04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
:prrr:

Why?

He's proven what a cunt he really is.

"Oh, I came back because I love Toronto so much and I want to play for my hometown and help my hometown win a championship blah blah blah . . ."

Fuck you DeRo. Choke on a dog dick.

Suds
04-01-2011, 07:26 PM

Not to nit-pick at wording, but being "away" and claiming he walked out or walked away from the team could be very far apart in what actually happened.

I understand you trust your sources and that's cool. It's just that meaning can sometimes get lost in the wording of something.

And to echo your last words. We have a team to support tomorrow!! The players that are here playing for our cub need our support! :scarf:

boban
04-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I do know every player.

Is that a good enough start?

Now you tell me who was as committed as Dwayne to Toronto?
You know who they are, but you don't 'know' them. So you met them at an charity event, pub night, post game, or whatever. Shaking hands doesn't mean you know them. You're an outsider to them.. They don't tell you how they are feeling and what it is they are really thinking - despite what you may think.
Roogsy, you need to step away from this thread. Reading your responses seems to me you are too personal and too close to this story to really offer an objective opinion. You are siding with the boy you met and let that relationship cloud your judgment. I am not saying MLSE is a saint (you know how I can't stand them), but you can't shield Dero from his actions. I didn't see Tom or Jimmy B or Paul hold Dwayne's arms together in making that cheque signing gesture. In any relationship both parties bare responsibility. And yet somehow you just won't let go and admit Dero has responsibility in this drama.
And let Winter do his job. You can't hold him responsible for the actions of an inept Scotsman ;). But in the case of Dero's contract talks with MoJo, that would make Dero inept lol

69Chevy396
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
The only thing DeRo will miss in Toronto is that he won't be able to legally marry a dude in New York

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/vcriv.png

Suds
04-01-2011, 07:33 PM
^^
Anselmi's on his computer skewing the results. :D

What? Too early for humour? :hide:

RedsYNWA
04-01-2011, 07:35 PM

I think so
TFC WILL ONLY WIN WITH THIS DEAL :scarf:

ManUtd4ever
04-01-2011, 07:45 PM

WOW, the poll results are incredibly surprising. I hope it proves to be accurate!

T0R0NT0 FC
04-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I agree. This will only work out better in the end.

sidvan
04-01-2011, 07:51 PM
he played hard, contributed, took the team on his back in Montreal, had off days and briliant ones. I was glad he was here, glad he was our captain, and glad we are moving past the controversies of the off season. Moving on now.

GO TFC.

kaos197O
04-01-2011, 07:51 PM

And John Molinaro stated that the deal was essentially done 10 days ago. How can he walk out on the club when "ESSENTIALLY" the deal was done? There is more than enough reason to believe the other side of what you are stating from sources that are seemingly as legitimate as yours, so you're correct, we shouldn't worry about the details nor should we be trying to paint a picture of him in a negative light since the reports are conflicting.

He is gone, he will be missed and it's too bad IMO. I can't help but wonder how this all would have turned out had he been signed when TFC was actually in YEAR 2 or 3 of a true club building process. I can't help but think of how great the story COULD have been. Instead, it comes to this. Disheartening at best!

Good Luck to you Dero. Thanks for all that you did on and off the pitch. You will be missed by many. See you in New York in July!

Nomad
04-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Loving it!!!

Belfast_Boy
04-01-2011, 07:57 PM

there we go! end the thread now.
in MLSE we trust, look what they've done for the Leafs!

swan
04-01-2011, 07:59 PM
:eek:
Why?

"Oh, I came back because I love Toronto so much and I want to play for my hometown and help my hometown win a championship blah blah blah . . ."

MG42
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Why?

lol that's some anger right there!

TFC USA
04-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Dero is the better player than JDG yet JDG is getting the DP money and people are still trying to convince themselves he's been good for this team.

Dero had to leave because this org. is a joke and all of this would have been avoided if our team was a playoff contender and we had a system in place.

scooterTFC
04-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Canada hasn't produce many many gifted dynamic goal scoring soccer stars. Dero playing for this club was special. A hometown hero who scored goals and celebrated with a signature dance move. It was awesome for the kids in TO that love soccer, and I'm certain he inspired few to play the game. After dinner I told my 5 year old son about the trade and he cried.

Given how bad the relationship between player and club had gotten a trade might have been the only answer. But this club has lost more than 10-15 goals/season with this trade.

Stryker
04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I really like this trade. Again, if we can couple NY's first rounder with another/others and trade our way up to the top of the board this deal will be brilliant.

MG42
04-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Canada hasn't produce many many gifted dynamic goal scoring soccer stars. Dero playing for this club was special. A hometown hero who scored goals and celebrated with a signature dance move. It was awesome for the kids in TO that love soccer, and I'm certain he inspired few to play the game. After dinner I told my 5 year old son about the trade and he cried.

Given how bad the relationship between player and club had gotten a trade might have been the only answer. But this club has lost more than 10-15 goals/season with this trade.

man that is sad

Voodooman
04-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah I thought this was april fools..

tfc007
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
time to tell MAPLE LEAF SPORTS AND GREED GO FUCK YOUR SELVES YOU JUST LOST ANOTHER SUPPORTER.

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 08:13 PM
^^
Anselmi's on his computer skewing the results. :D

What? Too early for humour? :hide:
They won't do such a thing. Now having one of their IT guys make a video and posting it up on youtube as if it were from a fan's perspective...

TFC Cityboy
04-01-2011, 08:14 PM
time to tell MAPLE LEAF SPORTS AND GREED GO FUCK YOUR SELVES YOU JUST LOST ANOTHER SUPPORTER.

huh???
You a TFC supporter or a DeRo supporter?

:)

TFCwestcan
04-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Well what a day to have my work computer new OS installed...it has taken me an hour to wade through the dissapointment, anger and resignation of today's events on this forum. And I suppose like every other registered user/RPB member I wanted to give my two cents.We all wished it could have been better but it seemed that the discord could not be repaired by the new administration or that they chose to move on. One thing is certain as evidenced by the Cann incident, Winter does not take kindly to players putting themselves above the team.

The common belief that who ever gets the best player won the trade is true for this moment but TFC is betting for the future. Interesting a brave trade no matter what way you look at it.

I shall miss:
The shake & bake of a great Dero goal
A guy who played his heart out for the team (Miracle in Montreal)
A guy who used his celebrity for charity

I shall not miss:
the drama (cheque signing etc)
the endless RPB forum entries on his Celtic foray
the public spat with the MLSE

Somehow a lot of this mess still resides with Mo, man he did a huge number on this team. Go luck Dero enjoy your last years with some success. I will cheer for you in the Gold cup this summer.

parma
04-01-2011, 08:20 PM

this is a serious gamble

Come on, Ajax, Inter, Lazio, World Cups....I think Winter knows the technical game and how to play...let's not go overboard...

Dero was a beast on the field and will be missed dearly...but when you have an asset and things aren't working for whatever reason something has to give..Winter is a fresh set of eyes and tries to make something out of the situation before him...hopefully it works out for everyone...

thisisinternetclash
04-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I shall miss:
The shake & bake of a great Dero goal
I don't really post on these boards under normal circumstances, but I just wanted to assert that this is the first time I've ever heard a person, in real life, online or in the media, admit in unambiguous language to actually liking that celebration. Remarkable.

Pookie
04-01-2011, 08:26 PM

Really?

We scored 33 last year. So, this year you are predicting that we will net just 18-23 goals all season?

Really?

C'mon. It's not like DeRo is the only player who can score goals. In fact, 12 teams last year managed to score more goals as a team without DeRo than we did with him.

I can understand the sentiment and the feeling of doom and gloom. But to suggest we will only get 18-23 goals all season is a little insulting to the old noggin.

jazzy
04-01-2011, 08:27 PM

esp...while everyone was breaking with the trade Winter kept saying he was still with the team......but if this was remotely true, god what next.....it would be insane for the front office to get involved ...I think this is Paul Mariners first stamp of the future.....He is the MLS guy and NCAA expert

69Chevy396
04-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't really post on these boards under normal circumstances, but I just wanted to assert that this is the first time I've ever heard a person, in real life, online or in the media, admit in unambiguous language to actually liking that celebration. Remarkable.

Dero will be spending the night practicing his new "Good Times" Jive slap and boogy dance routine.

QSIM
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I have had enough. This trade has seemed to split us right down the middle. What happened has happened. Sure we can reflect upon the trade, discuss and bicker but we better move on, and move on ASAP.

We have a game tomorrow. A very winnable home game. We need to be behind our boys 100%. We have to show them that we still believe in them. Let's take the positives from this trade and take an optimistic outlook for the season starting tomorrow at 1:00pm.

I believe we can win, and as long as we have 11 players who strive to win, I am behind this team 100%. It doesn't matter who our starting 11 is, or who's on the bench - it's our job as supporters to be there for them.

Let's really bring it tomorrow and come away with 3pts.
:flare:

Pookie
04-01-2011, 08:29 PM
huh???
You a TFC supporter or a DeRo supporter?

:)

The answer is pretty clear for some isn't it?

We have 2 new players that will wear Red tomorrow. That should be the focus.

Whoop
04-01-2011, 08:29 PM
That win in Montreal was really Montreal before any one individual. Don't forget that.

I finally agree with boban... LOL

Blixa
04-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Not much to say other than DeRo was a bit of a dick and ML$E are a bunch of c**ts. It's a shame that we had the guy here for two full seasons and did absolutely fuck all.

parma
04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I have had enough. This trade has seemed to split us right down the middle. What happened has happened. Sure we can reflect upon the trade, discuss and bicker but we better move on, and move on ASAP.

We have a game tomorrow. A very winnable home game. We need to be behind our boys 100%. We have to show them that we still believe in them. Let's take the positives from this trade and take an optimistic outlook for the season starting tomorrow at 1:00pm.

I believe we can win, and as long as we have 11 players who strive to win, I am behind this team 100%. It doesn't matter who our starting 11 is, or who's on the bench - it's our job as supporters to be there for them.

Let's really bring it tomorrow and come away with 3pts.
:flare:

AMEN....

Red Rat
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
yeahhhh almost 1,000 post on this thread, a few more and will match the....

"DeRo I deserve more" thread, keep it up boys:hump::hump::hump:
:flare::flare::flare::flare:

Technorgasm
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
**pokes head in **

so . . .whats goin on lads?

any up for a pint and 3 points?

I am

NORB

Oldtimer
04-01-2011, 08:39 PM
The club exercised its option this year and only had one more year of his services as a guarantee. The league itself said it wasn't going to re-open his contract.

Is this the kind of situation that speaks to "foundation building"?

This is what people here seem to be forgetting. At the end of the season, or at most next, DeRo could easily be off elsewhere. He proved he's motivated to do that by trying out with Celtic. Great move by Mariner.

so it ends up (after these years) being Julius James for Tchani and Borman and a first round pick???

A good deal by any measurement. Excellent return on investment, no thanks to Mo.

Now here's my thoughts. In watching the team in Charleston, and also seeing our first two games, it became obvious to me that DeRo doesn't fit Winter's system... he's not that kind of player. He's not the type of player who likes to be restricted by playing a role. He's much better with a team that plays a more direct style, like TFC under Carver, or NYRB today, and gives him room to improvise.

So in the end, this is better for DeRo and better for TFC. DeRo gets to play for a club with a style that fits him better, hopefully get his money, and TFC gets to rebuild to the bare metal. Mo's team is being unwound. It is very uncomfortable to see that process, and not nice for anyone concerned, but it is totally necessary. It's not like we had a winning team.

MG42
04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
BRAP BRAP

TCeYSPsKe5A

Flipityflu
04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
good move. clears up the cap space for that DP striker we've been talking about....for 5 years.

bgnewf
04-01-2011, 08:44 PM
one of the keys to this deal is what TFC does with the cap space thy have available.

Tchano is Generation Adidas so his salary does not count against the cap. Borman I believe in on a 40k deal. Even if TFC eats a chunk of Dwayne's contract there is still a ton of cash out there to sign newcomers.

Now we can see if Klinsmann's vaunted connections mean anything when it comes towards player recruitment

TFCRegina
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I fucking hate MLSE.

That's all. My rage has somewhat subsided but the bitter hatred for MLSE will remain for decades.

Kooper
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM

In the 2008 season we scored 34 goals. In 2009-10 with Dero we scored 37 then 33. If you want to take a REALLY narrow analysis we were worse last year with him than we were in 2008 without him.

Teams lose great players all the time and find goals. I support United and when Van Niestelrooy was traded everyone said "Who will score for United?" then Ronaldo came along, then he left and Rooney stepped up. Now Rooney is having an off year and Hernandez and Berbatov are scoring.

With Dero gone Martina, Micon, Stefanovic and Gordon will have more chances to score. We'll survive.

TFCknw
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM
ok. i haven't read all the pages. I'm sorry to see him go. he had one thing that most people lack, PASSION!

ag futbol
04-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Ok other teams scored more goals (and they didn't have Dero). They also didn't have Chad barrett, O'Brian While and a whole bunch of other players who frankly didn't pull their weight.

Yes you can score without Dero, but there seems to be some statements here that are ALMOST pointing to Dero as a reason we didn't score more goals. This is not true, nor are we more dangerous offensively by trading Dero.

scooter
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
This is what people here seem to be forgetting. At the end of the season, or at most next, DeRo could easily be off elsewhere. He proved he's motivated to do that by trying out with Celtic. Great move by Mariner.

A good deal by any measurement. Excellent return on investment, no thanks to Mo.

Now here's my thoughts. In watching the team in Charleston, and also seeing our first two games, it became obvious to me that DeRo doesn't fit Winter's system... he's not that kind of player. He's not the type of player who likes to be restricted by playing a role. He's much better with a team that plays a more direct style, like TFC under Carver, or NYRB today, and gives him room to improvise.

So in the end, this is better for DeRo and better for TFC. DeRo gets to play for a club with a style that fits him better, hopefully get his money, and TFC gets to rebuild to the bare metal. Mo's team is being unwound. It is very uncomfortable to see that process, and not nice for anyone concerned, but it is totally necessary. It's not like we had a winning team.

exactly he looked totally out of place last game
saw him really wide and when he did come in because of his total selfishness he did not create anything
other than his touch on the first goal he was totally ineffective
but he is a great guy and i wish him all the best for the future
mo had to go and so do all the rest
our team will rebuild and for sure we may lose to the redbulls this year
cause maybe mls has decided its their year to win
but tfc will become stronger and the youth will flourish
our day is yet to come but it will come soon
game day tommorow lads
cant wait

JamboAl
04-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry to see him go too but what's done is done. I personally don't get all this bitterness towards DeRo and MLSE. It didn't work out, he brought us some great memories and not so great ones, let's move on!

AmherstNY_TFC
04-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Some thoughts on the trade:

1. Perhaps DeRo wasn't committed to the new playing style, or to hanging around while the team rebuilds (again!). Clearly, he wasn't happy (the check writing gesture, going on trial to Celtic). At 32, there aren't a lot of years left on the clock, and why not let him move to a contender while he still has some gas in the tank?

2. If you're trying to build a winning side, you must have a positive environment amongst the team. DeRo's situation must have festered to the point is was a distraction to the rest of the team. Apparently, he was not the Alpha Dog that he thought he was.

3. It's not like they dumped him for 40 cents on the dollar. If you can get two solid young players in return, as well as a draft pick, that's a pretty good haul for a 32 year-old.

4. We have all been burning calories on this forum talking about MLSE's short-sightedness in making personnel decisions. For once, they make a trade that appears to be with one eye on the future. These players may not contribute right away. But, they'll get plenty of games, and the hope is that they develop into first-team regulars.

5. One of the questions a good manager asks is: "What can I do today to improve my team." One of the messages this trade sends is that the current management team is looking at their team with a critical eye, and trying to improve in the long term.

6. DeRo scored a ton of goals, but the team was a losing team. Perhaps the thinking is: "we lost with him, we can lose without him."

In the end, I wish the guy well, and look forward to watching the new players lead us forward for many years to come.

Pigfynn
04-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry to see him go too but what's done is done. I personally don't get all this bitterness towards DeRo and MLSE. It didn't work out, he brought us some great memories and not so great ones, let's move on!

/thread

Suds
04-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I fucking hate MLSE.

That's all. My rage has somewhat subsided but the bitter hatred for MLSE will remain for decades.

Someone get Lars a pint before he snaps! :D

:drinking:

Alonso
04-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I will add that for a bunch of fans who demand "class" from our players, we show an awful little of it to a player who a) scored more goals than anyone else in TFC history and probably will for some time b) loved the city and played his guts out and c) showed a genuine affection for fans after the loss of one of our own.

Considering in that thread, people like me were called out for "calling out" posters and their hypocrisy, I'd say our posts have been vindicated by this board which is a shining example of how we overlook the positives and shine a spotlight on the negatives. The detractors were strangely quiet when he does something right but come out from under their rocks when he does something wrong or when he finally gets shipped out of town. I am disgusted.

We are fools to think we are left behind with anything better. None of the players brought in this year, whatever their level of talent, are as committed to this city and the people as Dwayne was. None of them care if they win a cup here or in LA. None of them care if their next paycheque came in MLS or in Europe. And none of them were or will be called upon to represent TFC as much as Dwayne.

For him personally, while it may be a disappointment, I can only imagine the relief of being done with this mess and this club that doesn't know how to treat any of it's players, not just Dwayne.

To me it seems like your reading the thread and seeing only what you want to see.

The thread is actually mostly balanced with some people against Dero but most thankful for what hes done for the club knowing that he's among the best players we've ever had. BUT most seem happy that this chapter is behind us.

Also, you fail to see what part Dero had to play in the failure of his time here.

I am 100% positive the vast majority of people here would have loved for things to have turned out better with regards to his time here.

Dero would have been immortalized here, BUT he got in the way of that happening.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Got here late, so to confirm not a April fools?

123 elite
04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Disaster. Shame on everyone on here that expects someone not to have a gripe against their employer. Like you have all never. Its his job. He does a good job. Other people get paid more and he is pissed. Wouldn't you be ? Why is he expected to have a different moral standard because you pay for a season ticket. A lot of hypocrites on here. Best player we ever had. Highest scorer and had it not been for him we would have been really shit in the last 2 years.
I wish him all the best. We will still no doubt be listening to the corner droning on about danny '14 goals in 3 years but bashed his chest off the corner flag so he's great' Dichio songs forever while the guy that has contributed most in our short history will simply be forgotten. A sad sad day for TFC

Serb_Star
04-01-2011, 09:06 PM
DeRo rubbed me the wrong way, great player but I never got attached to him like I did to Dichio and Robinson.

Not sad to see him go, just excited about the future.

jazzy
04-01-2011, 09:08 PM

and don't anyone think he'll not be motivated now!....I dread when he plays us again......you know when someone really cares about something many times they fook up and make bad decisions...but they are always giving 100%....can DeGuz do that?..and all the bullshit that DeRO walked on his contract and Guz didn't FFS....DeRo wouldn't make in his career what DeGuz makes in 1 year ,...a bit much,..of course DeGuz isn't walking ..duh.....this isn't even relevent,..how does anyone knowwhat would happen if the the roles were reversed

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 09:09 PM

This is shockingly laughable.

Even the biggest DeRo booster on this board, DeRoogsario has admitted bad plays by DeRo in the past. Like all players, good and bad, not every touch is great. So basically what you're saying is that if we laud someone for what they do right, we are automatically forgetting what they do wrong? Even when we outright admitted they've made mistakes? Riiiiiiight...

Gazza
04-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Rocker is off his Rocker. Does this mean you weren't a "fan" of our best player? He wasn't perfect, but he WAS our best player.

I hope your eyes are wide open when he's torturing our net for years to come.

Yeoman
04-01-2011, 09:11 PM
i thought we were on the hook for a big chunk of the salary still?
that right there, says we got hosed to me
either way;
i'm going to spam every person selling dero jeseries on ebay and lowball all their prices
maybe i've finally gotten an excuse to pick up a nyrb 2011 kit

TFCknw
04-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Disaster. Shame on everyone on here that expects someone not to have a gripe against their employer. Like you have all never. Its his job. He does a good job. Other people get paid more and he is pissed. Wouldn't you be ? Why is he expected to have a different moral standard because you pay for a season ticket. A lot of hypocrites on here. Best player we ever had. Highest scorer and had it not been for him we would have been really shit in the last 2 years.
I wish him all the best. We will still no doubt be listening to the corner droning on about danny '14 goals in 3 years but bashed his chest off the corner flag so he's great' Dichio songs forever while the guy that has contributed most in our short history will simply be forgotten. A sad sad day for TFC

I AGREE TO THIS! . Christ, Dwayne was great. :)

Gazza
04-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I finally agree with boban... LOL

I bet that if we omit one certain individual from the line up that night, we don't win the championship.

kaos197O
04-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Love seeing that the MLS site is pumping up Dero's debut in New York tomorrow night. I hope he lights up the board BIG time!

dantdot
04-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Here's a must read.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2011/04/01/17847281.html

denime
04-01-2011, 09:21 PM
DeRo deal was done more than a week ago,he wanted out,broken promises from MO and ML$E clowns were beyond repair, but still last Saturday he played hard like every other game he played for TFC,and he deserves credit for that.
Trade works for both TFC and DeRo,we as fans have to live with that like it or not.

Moving forward: Stevanovic will play DeRo position,DP is not coming before July,Bouchiba out for season need surgery,Tchani to replace him and play beside De Guzman,Borman utility player not good for starting lineup.

rocker
04-01-2011, 09:21 PM
This is shockingly laughable.

Even the biggest DeRo booster on this board, DeRoogsario has admitted bad plays by DeRo in the past. Like all players, good and bad, not every touch is great. So basically what you're saying is that if we laud someone for what they do right, we are automatically forgetting what they do wrong? Even when we outright admitted they've made mistakes? Riiiiiiight...

No, what I'm saying -- and let me be clear so you finally understand instead of misinterpreting everything I say every time you read one of my messages -- is that the assessment of De Ro as a whole should take into account his positives and his negatives.

Too many posts in this thread (and remember you're not the only De Ro fan, buddy, so don't think I'm talking about you all the time) tend to encapsulate De Ro's whole play by ONLY MENTIONING HIS POSITIVES.

In contrast, I point out his negatives so we have an objective, balanced assessment of his play.

Anyways, I don't give a flying fuck about any one player. It's a team game. He's gone. We'll survive.

Suds
04-01-2011, 09:22 PM
DeRo will score in NY. He's been a consistent goal scorer throughout his entire MLS career.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM

I already said that I view this trade as a white flag on the part of the team. They are not aiming for playoffs this year. That being the case, I will support my team because it's my team, but I don't have to agree with their ineptitude.

What did we ever get from all that wonderful allocation Mo got us in trades? Nothing. So we have cap space. Woohoo...I won't get excited we have that cap space until I see what they do with it.

What can Mariner reasonably bring in to replace DeRo's production in the short term? Not much. The window closes in 2 weeks and there isn't much talk of other players moving aorund in MLS so we will have to wait for the European window to open up IF the team wants to bring in players. Once again, half-way through the year, bringing in players. Count me as unimpressed.

Like Trane asked, why was this not taken care of in the off-season? Remember all that BS about bringing him in to train with TFC beacuse he needed to be here so let's say no to Celtic? Was that so he could learn Winter's new tactics and take them to NY? If you're going to trade the player, do it when it most benefits the team. Right now was not the best time.

And I still have to ask why they didn't let him go to Celtic if in the end they were going to get rid of him for less?

MG42
04-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Here's a must read.

WOW!

Alonso

Well said... and the TRUTH (what ever that mythical thing is)

Roogsy
No, what I'm saying -- and let me be clear so you finally understand instead of misinterpreting everything I say every time you read one of my messages -- is that the assessment of De Ro as a whole should take into account his positives and his negatives.

Too many posts in this thread (and remember you're not the only De Ro fan, buddy, so don't think I'm talking about you all the time) tend to encapsulate De Ro's whole play by ONLY MENTIONING HIS POSITIVES.

In contrast, I point out his negatives so we have an objective, balanced assessment of his play.

Pointing out his negatives and saying that others are conveniently forgetting he has negatives are two entirely different things. You are not being consistent. And in fact, you are doing the very thing you accuse others of doing, except from the other point of view.

rocker
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Rocker is off his Rocker. .

Personal attacks? Where are the mods?

rocker
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Pointing out his negatives and saying that others are conveniently forgetting he has negatives are two entirely different things.

It's convenient in argumentation to avoid mentioning the negatives... very convenient.

skypilot69
04-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I am saddened that we couldn't keep Dwayne and will always have the utmost respect and gratitude for the man as an outstanding footballer and a truly nice guy, who gave back to the community.

After last week’s win Dero proved it again when he went and got the flag in honour of a fallen brother took it into the dressing room for the lads to sign it and gave it back to the family. It was/is pure class.

He had the all right (logically speaking) to get TFC to pay him accordingly based on his performance versus others who were being paid lots more for less commitment, desire and production

That’s why it is so difficult to see him go.

It's our loss and I wish him the best (as long as it is does not hurt TFC).

Nonetheless, no matter the team, no matter the players, no matter the coaches or manager, no one is bigger than the team, no one; Dero included. Having a dis-satisfied star player not being happy with his situation, like it or not, has detrimental effect on a club.

In return, we have increased our depth tremendously in the last few days bringing in the two lads from RedShite and the Decoy I think this move might free up roster/salary space for another signing.

All the best Dero!! and enjoy the rest of your career.

We will put this behind us and support the club as usual. But I think this deal might not be such a bad thing for the club, it will defintly create competition for spots, and I think there is another player or two that might be coming in

Onward and Upward

Signing off

Skypilot69

Yeoman
04-01-2011, 09:26 PM
maybe this will be how red bull arena gets sold out finally
i mean if henry couldn't, certainly dero could

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 09:27 PM
This must be a lie:

Nana Attakora’s frustration continues to bubble.

My assertion that players are not happy behind the scene is so obviously off the mark I should give up and take up knitting.

Man...you guys are given gold and you reject it because you have to wait a while for truth to filter down to your lofty ears.

And the Red Bulls are open to doing what Toronto FC was not; renegotiating De Rosario’s contract.

NYRB have to be the dumbest people on the planet to do this, at least according to some around here.

If DeRo becomes a DP in NY, I would love to see people around here ask the hard questions of TFC as to why they claimed they couldn't do it. Because of course, they would not have lied to us would they? Nah...they'd never do that.

CoachGT
04-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Borman utility player not good for starting lineup.

I talked to a scout about him tonight.

Borman is amongst the fastest players in MLS. He is not starting but is pushing the NYRB's left back. He is a left footed player that is, apparently, quite strong in his position.

Personally, I like the idea of a fast, left foot playing on the back line.

And if Tchani lives up to his billing as a 2nd overall within the next year or two, this won't hurt us at all.

I appreciate all that DeRo brought to the team, and have a ton of respect for the man and the player. While I'm sad to see him go and expect him to have a better fit within the NYRB and continued success, I'm excited about the future for Toronto FC!

Suds
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Here's a must read.

That is quite the damning indictment of TFC by DeRosario.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 09:30 PM
If people are not posting his negatives, I need to point them out even if they remember them in their heads. If people are assessing him in public posts only on his positives, they are wrong because that's how they are coming to their final judgments.

It appears we have a comprehension issue here. I clearly state that pointing out DeRo's negatives and saying that people are forgetting he has negatives are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT POINTS. And yet when called out, you change your position. It's weak.

And don't even get me started on highlighting a player's errors on the pitch. Name one player in any league in any country, shit, in any ERA that never made a mistake on the pitch. The argument is so irrational it's hard to believe you are serious.

cmonyoureds
04-01-2011, 09:30 PM
how many players that have left have indicated similar things as me-ro in that article? more than a few for sure.

of course there's two sides to every story, but the f/o has 0 credibility with me right now.

MG42
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
This must be a lie:

My assertion that players are not happy behind the scene is so obviously off the mark I should give up and take up knitting.

Man...you guys are given gold and you reject it because you have to wait a while for truth to filter down to your lofty ears.

So is the new management as bad as the old? Or are the higher ups pissing everyone off? What part of management is the problem?

rocker
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Can we agree on this:

Whatever people think about De Ro and the trade (positive or negative), and regardless of the predictions people want to make in light of what happened,
we shall judge Winter and Mariner by the points attained by Toronto FC going forward in the post-De Ro era?

I say this because Roogsy, you are always talking about judging things on "facts". Are points not factual enough? Objective enough? Let's see how our TFC does in this new era and that will be the proof we need.

I'm out for the night. I'll be rooting on TFC against Chivas tomorrow!

TFCRegina
04-01-2011, 09:32 PM
WOW!

MLSE is nothing but smoke and mirrors. It's a broken organization.

AL-MO
04-01-2011, 09:34 PM
DeRo deal was done more than a week ago,he wanted out,broken promises from MO and ML$E clowns were beyond repair, but still last Saturday he played hard like every other game he played for TFC,and he deserves credit for that.
Trade works for both TFC and DeRo,we as fans have to live with that like it or not.

Couldn't agree with this more.

There was obviously no new contract coming, so a trade was the only option.

Whoop
04-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Here's a must read.

Thanks.

Just what I assumed. Earl Cochrane was behind the Celtic mess.

He should have been fired for bungling that.

OurGame
04-01-2011, 09:35 PM

There simply is nothing more cancerous then what is known as ML$E.
I can promise you that all of the boys in FO are fucking snakes ..
it will not change but they should have there emplyment heads lopped right the fuck off..
Dero all the best , only tfc could sour one of Canada's proudest players to us and to u

kaos197O
04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Well there it is. Finally it's out there. Not all of it but enough for us to know who the real cancer in the locker room was/IS, MLSE!

scooterTFC
04-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Really?

We scored 33 last year. So, this year you are predicting that we will net just 18-23 goals all season?

Really?

C'mon. It's not like DeRo is the only player who can score goals. In fact, 12 teams last year managed to score more goals as a team without DeRo than we did with him.

I can understand the sentiment and the feeling of doom and gloom. But to suggest we will only get 18-23 goals all season is a little insulting to the old noggin.

Um perhaps the club lost 10-15 goals per season, plus the the face of the franchise, plus a hometown hero, plus a compelling character that was making the club relevant to hockey mad toronto kids and building the next generation for fans for MLSE to profit from.

Look Pookie we all know what you think of Dero. You can blame Dero for this mess and that's your opinion. I've met the man, I talked to him and based on the impression he made on me, I just don't agree with your opinions. You can make 100 more posts and your not going to change my mind. Roogsy will probably make a 100 more post that won't change your mind. We disagree. Leave it at that.

Managing respectful relationships with 'talent' is part running sports or entertainment business. MLSE makes money because fans care about these teams and the players. Yet they alienate everyone one of their most productive and popular players. Lets look at MLSE's track record of handling relationships with their most talented and popular players in the last few years:
1. Leafs - Mats Sundin - disrespectfully run out of town my temporary GM
2. Raptors - Chris Bosh - Played out his contract ditched the Raps
3.TFC - Dero - traded after the clubs own PR machine turned on its star player and draged his name through the mud. Dero's gone. The Celtic mess was all Dero's fault and had nothing to do with the fact the club was employing an unqualified PR flunkie as their temporary GM.

tfcleeds
04-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I had no confidence in this organization before - after reading that article, I just don't know what to say. Complete amateurism. Pathetic.

Whoop
04-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I just hope Winter and Mariner can bring some form of professionalism to the FO....

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Can we agree on this:

Whatever people think about De Ro and the trade (positive or negative), and regardless of the predictions people want to make in light of what happened,
we shall judge Winter and Mariner by the points attained by Toronto FC going forward in the post-De Ro era?

I say this because Roogsy, you are always talking about judging things on "facts". Are points not factual enough? Objective enough? Let's see how our TFC does in this new era and that will be the proof we need.

I'm out for the night. I'll be rooting on TFC against Chivas tomorrow!

I have not judged Mariner and Winter. I don't know if they will bring success to TFC. What people here are forgetting is that while they may not involve themselves in the shenanigans that MoJo participated in, there is no guarantee that what they are doing now will have success. So yes, I am reserving judgement until I see results.

My problem with the DeRo situation is not that he is gone, that is sports, that is life. My life won't change much with DeRo gone. My problem as a supporter and a fan is that after the BULLSHIT this team has put us through for 4 seasons, they STILL can't deal with us straight up and manage to keep this organization running properly. Every lie, every misinformation, every distraction they send our way is a slap in the face of every supporter after they promised to change their ways.

I don't care that they didn't give DeRo what they wanted. I care that they didnt' manage the situation properly. And we lost a potential TFC hero in the process because they pissed him off, meaning they will likely do it again. And I care that they have bold-face lied to our faces about so much. The TFC propaganda machine was in full force making him look like the bad guy when so much of that info was made up. DeRo was not demanding millions like some "media" reported. DeRo was not offered 600k like some "media" reported. DeRo did not leave without permission like some people STILL make themselves believe. DeRo did not ask for a trade like some people incredibly enough, have suggested despite every piece of evidence saying this wasn't so. It's like people NEED to hang on to these false rumours in order to justify their dislike of the man.

I do not accept being lied to. And this team does it over and over.

But I am sure despite all that, even if we finish lower on the table this year, people will claim "progress". Yeah...right...I will forsake that kind of progress for a little competence and success.

OurGame
04-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I just hope Winter and Mariner can bring some form of professionalism to the FO....

Not a fucking chance / you watch they will be fucked over as well if waters get choppy.. its the MO of the corp / no pun intended :)

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
If De Rosario suffered an injury, the deal would have been off. And the player had no intention to accept any deal that would push him into the front office prematurely, like Jim Brennan and Danny Dichio before him.

I want you guys to read this article over and over and really understand the way TFC was negotiating with DeRo and you tell me if that would satisfy the franchise player of ANY team in ANY sport.

THAT is the organization you guys are defending.

And for all of you who were looking for the truth about all the stuff that happened, there it is from the man himself. Which is more than any player who left TFC under murky circumstances has ever given us. They just left us hanging with a front office that is constantly pissing off players left right and centre.

OurGame
04-01-2011, 09:47 PM
I want you guys to read this article over and over and really understand the way TFC was negotiating with DeRo and you tell me if that would satisfy the franchise player of ANY team in ANY sport.

Roogsy you have been the only person that can be respected in this whole mess .. you stood firm and consistent .. and what do u know you were spot on right ..
why we give this cunt company a red cent boogles my mind

TFCRegina
04-01-2011, 09:47 PM

My favourite part was the part about not going the distance for the players. You know, if the players should want to "fight for the badge" as the cry as the been, shouldn't the badge be willing to fight for the fucking players?

MG42
04-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I have not judged Mariner and Winter. I don't know if they will bring success to TFC. What people here are forgetting is that while they may not involve themselves in the shenanigans that MoJo participated in, there is no guarantee that what they are doing now will have success. So yes, I am reserving judgement until I see results.

My problem with the DeRo situation is not that he is gone, that is sports, that is life. My life won't change much with DeRo gone. My problem as a supporter and a fan is that after the BULLSHIT this team has put us through for 4 seasons, they STILL can't deal with us straight up and manage to keep this organization running properly. Every lie, every misinformation, every distraction they send our way is a slap in the face of every supporter after they promised to change their ways.

I don't care that they didn't give DeRo what they wanted. I care that they didnt' manage the situation properly. And we lost a potential TFC hero in the process because they pissed him off, meaning they will likely do it again. And I care that they have bold-face lied to our faces about so much. The TFC propaganda machine was in full force making him look like the bad guy when so much of that info was made up. DeRo was not demanding millions like some "media" reported. DeRo was not offered 600k like some "media" reported. DeRo did not leave without permission like some people STILL make themselves believe. DeRo did not ask for a trade like some people incredibly enough, have suggested despite every piece of evidence saying this wasn't so. It's like people NEED to hang on to these false rumours in order to justify their dislike of the man.

I do not accept being lied to. And this team does it over and over.

But I am sure despite all that, even if we finish lower on the table this year, people will claim "progress". Yeah...right...I will forsake that kind of progress for a little competence and success.

Roogsy this is an honest question, who is the "they"? is it Anselmi? Beirne? Mariner? Winter? Everyone combined? I don't see it now how Mariner or Winter can wear this? I guess I'm asking where in TFC management is the lying and smoke and mirrors coming from?

TFCRegina
04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Roogsy this is an honest question, who is the "they"? is it Anselmi? Beirne? Mariner? Winter? Everyone combined? I don't see it now how Mariner or Winter can wear this? I guess I'm asking where in TFC management is the lying and smoke and mirrors coming from?

Anselmi, Cochrane, Jim Brennan, and Co.

Suds

I am curious to know as well. This has to sit at someone's doorstep.

sashavukelich
Roogsy, i don't see how this team is different than any other sports team. Those 'lies' were truths in the interim, and then the game/situation/context changed bro.

I've been a STH since Day 1, i was on the FIRST pre-order list, i have as much reason to feel 'hurt' by the team as most originals on this board.

This trade was RIGHT for the team, for the first time this season, Winter stepped up and mad a hard decision like we are asking/expecting/begging our leadership to do.

Forget the FO, focus on Winter and his boys. Here's an old african proverb to feel better..... Calm Seas don't make for Skilled Sailors.