PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL - DERO TRADED (Confirmed by TFC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Pookie
04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Don't you think this stopped being about money a long time ago?

Money = "Respect" in his mind doesn't it? I don't think you can separate the 2 in this case. I think he takes that luggage with him to NY (or wherever)

ComedyOfErrors
04-01-2011, 02:53 PM
The NEW era really has begun. Thanks DeRo for everything. I know some posters did not like the cheque writing, but I believe he always played with heart and full effort. Kudos for that. He was also a great believer in us, The Supporters.....

Never a Dull MOMENT. I will be curious to see tomorrow's lineup. Any suggestions?

McBrace
04-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Agreed. That magical thing called "allocation money" assures us that teams that are important to MLS TV contracts and future expansion will get special treatment.

I'm surprised that the MLS didn't say to TFC that they could only trade him to NY, much like they worked out with Barcelona in that the transfer fee for Henry was to be $5M for any team OTHER than NYRB.

The Best part is both LA and NY have won fuck all since the DP started to arrive.. Lets hope this continues...

mastermixer
04-01-2011, 02:55 PM
If DeRo is done with TFC I hope we get a solid "moving on" statement win tomorrow.

TFC/Everton
04-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I feel off. I dunno....... I know he is a pain in our ass, but he did score alot of goals and put his whole heart and soul into this team. Anyway, the post Dero era has begun!

Alixir
04-01-2011, 02:57 PM
[The Dutch boss told TorontoFC.ca that "De Rosario is still a member of Toronto FC" and that the team focus right now is strictly on Saturday afternoon's match against Chivas USA at BMO Field. (1 p.m. kickoff on TSN).]

from Winter on TFC's site

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Video Update
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/04/winter-addresses-reports

Beach_Red
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Money = "Respect" in his mind doesn't it? I don't think you can separate the 2 in this case. I think he takes that luggage with him to NY (or wherever)

Maybe, maybe not, but the important thing here is that now it looks like the team is finally being run by soccer guys. We haven't heard anything from Anselmi about this, have we? Whatever went on with DeRo and the FO it seemed like it was a case of too many cooks, and now that era seems to be over. Finally.

TFC Cityboy
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
shite bull fans on this thread are less than happy- good sign.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/04/tfc-trades-dero-to-red-bulls-in-blockbuster.html (http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/04/tfc-trades-dero-to-red-bulls-in-blockbuster.html)

The more I read of this likely trade the better it looks.Give up an aging player with an attitude for 2 younger but established players that fill gaps we need to fill, and create some cap space.

Stefanovic can take DeRo's spot and this team is crying out for defence and MF help. Too bad we couldn't send Peterson too.

If Dwayne is gone, I wish him well and thanks for the memories.

Suds
04-01-2011, 02:59 PM
H O L Y C R A P !!

I'm off this board for one afternoon and all hell breaks loose. I can't leave you all alone for one minute!

DangerRed
It doesn't make sense. Why would they have a press conference tomarrow for a trade we all know about today? And if there is issues about green cards/criminal records and such I doubt it would be delt with on a Friday for one and not in two days.

Trust me, status certificates, visas, etc., can be dealt with very quickly if a business and a lot of money are involved. Stevanovic was the same case. There were visa problems at first, but he played for us a day after arriving in Toronto.

Whoop
I don't get it.

Why wouldn't NYRB supporters be happy at acquiring DeRo?

mastermixer
04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I feel off. I dunno....... I know he is a pain in our ass, but he did score alot of goals and put his whole heart and soul into this team. Anyway, the post Dero era has begun!

Same here... don't know if I feel excited or upset yet.

dantdot
04-01-2011, 03:01 PM
sportsnetsoccer: De Ro is furious with #TFC. Right or wrong. Even if this one collapses. He's done. GD

Bye.

BuSaPuNk
Trust me, status certificates, visas, etc., can be dealt with very quickly if a business and a lot of money are involved. Stevanovic was the same case. There were visa problems at first, but he played for us a day after arriving in Toronto.

Yeah I figured so much but didn't we have a problem with someone before and had to wait a few weeks for someone. Can't remember who it was. Just really confusing. And if the deal is done and just awaiting the paperwork why can't they annouce it?

mastermixer
Yikes I wonder if he means at this minute or in general....

@sportsnetsoccer (http://twitter.com/#!/sportsnetsoccer)
De Ro is furious with #TFC (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23TFC). Right or wrong. Even if this one collapses. He's done. GD

kaos197O
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
great pic for the situation from Ives :

http://www.soccerbyives.net/.a/6a00e54ef2975b8833014e872b7401970d-400wi
^^^^^^^^^^
This is sad! I can't believe that it came to this but it shows us just how fucking bad the shit show known as MLSE and The MOJO era really was. I can't believe we are losing him just 1 week after we saw how much he values us as supporters.

Pretty much speechless!

Sad day!

Red CB Toronto
We should plan one hell of a celebration and thank him for his contributions to the Reds when New York is in town this season. He gave it all to this club. Thank You DeRo.

ManUtd4ever
I don't get it.

Co-signed.

I am hoping it has more to do with their disappointment over losing Tchani...

drewski
addition by subtraction.

sure he scored goals for us but he was also a major distraction cause of all the drama around him. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

Whoop
04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
If this deal does go down, DeRo is already dividing opinions with Red Bull supporters.

Bigger question though...

Will this thread hit 100 pages? LOL

ua-kozak_TFC
04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
What I take from this is... Winter has some MAJOR BALLS. I mean, Dero is amazing and i bet he will score goals against tfc and with him at NYRB I think you are looking at the new MLS Cup Champions. Agudelo Henry Dero. That is some scary shit. they will shred TFC appart. :facepalm:

Mark my word JDG will suck donkey balls from the moment he steps in to the pitch until the end of the season ( and ppl will still exuse his mistakes as they did with MO, some were willing to give him year 5)

I feel sad to loose a talent like Dero. And i bet most of the ppl on this board would act in the same way as he did.

Kooper
04-01-2011, 03:05 PM
If the trade is a maybe there is no way Dero is going to play tomorrow. Too much of a risk of injury.

Pookie
04-01-2011, 03:05 PM
shite bull fans on this thread are less than happy- good sign.

My favourite quote on that link:

What the FFFFFFFFFFFF??????? This is ridiculus to give up on a young guy who with the proper time and mentoring is europe bound for an old player that constantly complains about money......i dont think Dero deserves DP money, maybe on another team but not RBNY. So dissapointed!

How long are we going to keep Dero for, one season! He is gonna ask for crazy money next year! Couldnt we have given up Balouchhhhh? Omg feel like breaking something right now!!!

dupont
04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I take a nap and wake up to this? Man.... I don't know what to think unless we have some great plans in the works. (which billyfly says we do?)

s2cazz
04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't get it.

Thats what Chicago fans said about us and Barrett

BuSaPuNk
04-01-2011, 03:07 PM
That is true. I hope it's something big coming down the pipe from Winter and Co.
Billy let the cat out of the bag!! Atleast some hints!

Whoop
I remember Chicago fans laughing at that one...

Alixir
My favourite quote on that link:

What the FFFFFFFFFFFF??????? This is ridiculus to give up on a young guy who with the proper time and mentoring is europe bound for an old player that constantly complains about money......i dont think Dero deserves DP money, maybe on another team but not RBNY. So dissapointed!

How long are we going to keep Dero for, one season! He is gonna ask for crazy money next year! Couldnt we have given up Balouchhhhh? Omg feel like breaking something right now!!!
priceless

kaos197O
We should plan one hell of a celebration and thank him for his contributions to the Reds when New York is in town this season. He gave it all to this club. Thank You DeRo.
I've got money for that!

TOBOR !
04-01-2011, 03:09 PM
There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Down this road that never seems to end,
Where new adventure lies just around the bend.
So if you want to drive me for a while,
Just grab your hat, come travel light, that's hobo style.

Maybe tomorrow I'll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home.

So if you want to join me for a while,
Just grab your hat, come travel light, that's hobo style

There's a world that's waiting to unfold,
A brand new tale no-one has ever told.
We've journeyed far far and know it wont be long;
We're almost there, and we've paid our fare with our hobo song.

So if you want to join me for a while,
Just grab your hat, come travel light, that's hobo style.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find what I call home, Until tomorrow, you know I'm free

http://saintjohnshawn.com/wp-images/TheLittlestHobo.jpg

can somebody Shop that image to put Dero's face on the dog and change the lettering to 'Littlest DeRo' ?

thanks.

bdiddy
I feel so bad that DeRo is angry about his situation.

Maybe if he was more of a 'team player' and not trying to grab the spotlight with his check signing protest - their wouldn't be such an issue.

I hate it when players sign a contract; then feel they need a bigger one.

Play your contract out. You made it, you thought it was good at the time, accept it. Its not our problem, nor the teams problem. Thats your problem.

Its almost like he thought his check signing protest was going to get fan support for him getting paid more, when we were getting jacked for increase season ticket prices.

I'm gald his heart is always in the right place... trying to make up for past mistakes.

Oops, another DeRo back-heel to the other team - causing counter attack.

Damn, i'm going to miss that action =/

tfcleeds
I for one would not have it in me to boo Dero when he comes back to BMO. Yes, his departure certainly has an bitter taste to it, but he's also the best player this franchise has ever had.

craz11
04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
APRIL FOOLS!!

right??

Whoop
04-01-2011, 03:11 PM
You're at the point of no return now.

He will have to be traded.

dupont
04-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I for one would not have it in me to boo Dero when he comes back to BMO. Yes, his departure certainly has an bitter taste to it, but he's also the best player this franchise has ever had.

I would never boo him. Even though he may have been a cry baby about his contract, I still felt like he always tried his best to play well on the field.

Pookie
sportsnetsoccer: De Ro is furious with #TFC. Right or wrong. Even if this one collapses. He's done. GD

Bye.

What has he got to be furious about? They essentially called his bluff.

Gazza
NY fans support winners, champions. Regardless of boardroom problems. I have a feeling De Ro will get the respect he deserves from the fans there.

bdiddy
Fact: People come to the stadium and sing Dichio's song... years after he retired.

Fact: No song will be sung about DeRo years after he's gone.

Dicho > DeRo

ManUtd4ever
So, at this point, I assume it is a foregone conclusion that the reported NY deal will be the trade that is announced at the press conference tomorrow.

Fort York Redcoat
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes Tobor!

There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again

Maybe tomorrow, DeRo will settle down,
Until tomorrow, He'll just keep moving on.

I'd like confirmation from the man himself that he didn't like the move before singing this one but damn it's a great tune!!

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
It'll be interesting to see if DeRo shows up at BMO tomorrow....

Suds
04-01-2011, 03:14 PM
What I take from this is... Winter has some MAJOR BALLS. I mean, Dero is amazing and i bet he will score goals against tfc and with him at NYRB I think you are looking at the new MLS Cup Champions. Agudelo Henry Dero. That is some scary shit. they will shred TFC appart. :facepalm:

Mark my word JDG will suck donkey balls from the moment he steps in to the pitch until the end of the season ( and ppl will still exuse his mistakes as they did with MO, some were willing to give him year 5)

I feel sad to loose a talent like Dero. And i bet most of the ppl on this board would act in the same way as he did.

Or he has realized TFC/MLS & DeRo have come to an impasse regarding his contract and that it was not to be resolved any time soon. Regardless of which side is right or wrong, the status quo was not going to lead to anything positive.

Sometimes you rip the band-aid off end endure some short term pain for long term gain.

Like him or not, DeRo is a huge loss to TFC in terms of talent and it will put immense pressure on his replacements and everyone else on the team to fill that hole.

dupont
04-01-2011, 03:15 PM
NY fans support winners, champions. Regardless of boardroom problems. I have a feeling De Ro will get the respect he deserves from the fans there.

What city isn't happy to support a winning team or champions?!?

Trust me.. if we won the MLS Cup, I'm sure the Toronto fans would have no trouble supporting winners too.. but not only have we not won, we never even made the playoffs once!

NY fans are spoiled brats that get everything handed to them on a silver platter just because of the city's reputation.. they don't even need good management for their clubs because of that.

mastermixer
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
GD said it. As soon as JDG signed for more money that was it for Dero. The ghost of MoJo strkes again! Hopefully this trade wipes us clean of MoJo for good.

Whoop
Ah the '80s...

ksHsh4r8tJA

Sweeper
Soccer Insider writes for the Washington Post.

Thanks, thought this whole Dero thing was creating some sort of border dispute. :canada:

Alixir
04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
NY fans are spoiled brats that get everything handed to them on a silver platter just because of the city's reputation.. they don't even need good management for their clubs because of that.
This...

ESC 101
04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I saw folks mentioning that Metro supporters were less than pleased at this trade. The ones with any sort of brain (believe me, we have some complete fucking idiots as fans) who have been supporting this team before Henry are completely ecstatic about this.

I'm salivating at the thought of Dero, Agudelo and Henry linking up together.

Kooper
04-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Not sure if this was posted yet.

He is really vague and dismissive.

I really doubt he plays tomorrow.

TFCmatty
04-01-2011, 03:19 PM
He won't play. I wonder if he'll show up at BMO though?

ESC 101
04-01-2011, 03:20 PM
This...

This is a joke right?

We've been run into the fucking ground for the past 16 years because our management was so pathetically bad. Going all the way back to 1995.

dantdot

I really doubt he plays tomorrow.

Given what we know, I'd say it's a near impossibility he plays tomorrow.

tfcleeds
I saw folks mentioning that Metro supporters were less than pleased at this trade. The ones with any sort of brain (believe me, we have some complete fucking idiots as fans) who have been supporting this team before Henry are completely ecstatic about this.

I'm salivating at the thought of Dero, Agudelo and Henry linking up together.

So, what is the scoop on Tchani? Are you upset at the prospect of losing him?

BuSaPuNk
He won't play. I wonder if he'll show up at BMO though?

I doubt it. I don't think NYRB management would want him anywhere near that stadium. He might not make it to Pearson or Billy Bishop.

Fort York Redcoat

Um they haven't been spoiled that long. It took a decade of LA preferential treatment before NY got Angel and everything turned up Henry's.

Alixir
04-01-2011, 03:21 PM
This is a joke right?

We've been run into the fucking ground for the past 16 years because our management was so pathetically bad.talking about every NY sports team to be quite honest.

mastermixer
04-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I know we will replace the goals eventually, but does anyone think we will be able to replace him as the face of the franchise?

ESC 101
So, what is the scoop on Tchani? Are you upset at the prospect of losing him?

He fits Winter's system really well. When we acquired Tainio, the writing was on the wall. He's very skilled, very strong, but not tactically aware yet. He will do big things for your club once he gains that tactical awareness...all the tools are there. Our biggest issue has been the lack of service to the strikers (going all the way back to when we lost Amado Guevara), so I'm enthralled at the prospect of DeRo in New York. Losing Tchani is OK for what we're getting back in return.

Alixir

I really doubt he plays tomorrow.he also said Deguzman would be part of the lineup

Gazza
This is a joke right?

We've been run into the fucking ground for the past 16 years because our management was so pathetically bad. Going all the way back to 1995.

No need to worry. You just added the best possible piece to your team. I'd be willing to take a gander at who will be the MLS Cup MVP this year.

MG42
This is a joke right?

Same with us but only 5 years, MoJo the common denominator?

phonzo
he won't play...if i were him I'd be done with TFC as well..

phonzo
04-01-2011, 03:23 PM
I know we will replace the goals eventually, but does anyone think we will be able to replace him as the face of the franchise?

I don't see a problem with this TBH...I mean seriously go around your office, school and ask if people even know who DeRo is...you'll get a blank stare. If you say TFC they get it but other then that meh..

I won't miss the pokerstars commercials.

Fort York Redcoat
04-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Can we officially blame Celtic FC for all of this yet?

-kidding you bhoys;)

ESC 101
04-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Same with us but only 5 years, MoJo the common denominator?

Mojo was bad here, but what he did to TFC was criminal.

Alonso
04-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't get it.

Is this a rhetorical question?

lazlo_80
04-01-2011, 03:26 PM
talking about every NY sports team to be quite honest.

Are you serious? The Yankees sucked until Steinbrenner bought them. The Mets are the biggest let downs year after year. The Knicks have sucked since the days of Ewing. They've had their fair share of suffering too.

Alonso
04-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Bye.

He made the bed. Time to lie in it.

This guy makes me shake my head. He could've been immortalized in this city.

phonzo
04-01-2011, 03:27 PM
NYRB were looking for a "playmaker"...they saw it in Dero and wanted him...

The bulls aren't the only ones looking at dero..from my understanding they were actually a "new" suitor in the last week or so.

ginkster88
Yeah just cause Henry decides he wants to "live in NY" (no mention of playing) and Carmelo decided to head to the big city (and go sub-.500 since) doesn't mean NYC is a sports mecca by any means.

sully
anything confirmed?

Pookie
From Gerry Dobson:

"... Then, by mid-afternoon came word of a snag: a legal issue involving one of the Toronto-bound players. Which one, we're not sure. We do know this: Toronto covets 21-year-old midfielder Tony Tchani. We're told there are no legal issues with him. If that's the case, this issue can't possibly be a deal breaker."

(uh, Gerry, if there are 2 players involved in the deal and the legal issues aren't with one, can't you reasonably conclude they are with the other guy?)

Thrillos
04-01-2011, 03:28 PM
So I was wrong by one game..... pretty damn close.

BuSaPuNk
04-01-2011, 03:28 PM
He made the bed. Time to lie in it.

This guy makes me shake my head. He could've been immortalized in this city.

Now he goes to New York where 80% of the population probably don't even know they have a football team. They think Giants and Jets and the truck stops there.

DichioTFC
04-01-2011, 03:29 PM
DeRo chant tomorrow?

DeRo chant tomorrow.

Super Cereal
04-01-2011, 03:29 PM
From Gerry Dobson:

"... Then, by mid-afternoon came word of a snag: a legal issue involving one of the Toronto-bound players. Which one, we're not sure. We do know this: Toronto covets 21-year-old midfielder Tony Tchani. We're told there are no legal issues with him. If that's the case, this issue can't possibly be a deal breaker."

(uh, Gerry, if there are 2 players involved in the deal and the legal issues aren't with one, can't you reasonably conclude they are with the other guy?)

Great news though, since Tchani is the more valuable player. I'm confident a deal can still be worked out.

Alixir
04-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Are you serious? The Yankees sucked until Steinbrenner bought them. The Mets are the biggest let downs year after year. The Knicks have sucked since the days of Ewing. They've had their fair share of suffering too.I am not talking about wether they suck or not...I am was refering to the post about "getting everything handed to them cause of the city" meaning higher profile athletes would rather play for a team in NY...

Undefeated
04-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Am I finally right about De guzman being overpaid? mmmmmmmmmmmm I'll go with YES!!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

BuSaPuNk
04-01-2011, 03:32 PM
If the issue is with the other player can't they just change the extra player cause really its a DeRo for tchani and pick deal. Throw in Rooney? :P

ginkster88
04-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I am not talking about wether they suck or not...I am was refering to the post about "getting everything handed to them cause of the city" meaning higher profile athletes would rather play for a team in NY...

Outside of MLB (where they aren't the only culprit and it's not just about the city), I can only think of only a handful of examples where this is the case.

Scratch that. I can think of two.

Henry and Melo.

Alixir
04-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Outside of MLB (where they aren't the only culprit and it's not just about the city), I can only think of only a handful of examples where this is the case.

Scratch that. I can think of two.

Henry and Melo.NY Rangers??

Shakes McQueen
04-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, whatever you think of the back and forth involving DeRo the past six months or so, it's a shame his time in Toronto ended like this (assuming it is over).

Tchani is a solid pickup though, and hopefully the cap savings will allow us to flesh out our scoring situation.

- Scott

Alixir
If the issue is with the other player can't they just change the extra player cause really its a DeRo for tchani and pick deal. Throw in Rooney? :PWe can take Robinson back :p

Alonso

Agreed.

ManUtd4ever
If the deal is confirmed today at some point, I wonder if Tchani and player X would be available for the match tomorrow...

wzhxvy
04-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I have to say...as unrelated aside to this...I like Winter...seems like a nice guy. As everyone has said...for this to make sense there better be a huge DP on the way.

bdiddy
04-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Heres to you Carl Robinson...

BuSaPuNk
04-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Heres to you Carl Robinson...

Toronto loves you more than you will know....

OHOHOH! :hump:

ManUtd4ever
04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I have to say...as unrelated aside to this...I like Winter...seems like a nice guy. As everyone has said...for this to make sense there better be a huge DP on the way.

I certainly hope so, because DeRo will be sorely missed on the scoresheet, and TFC would be gaining considerable cap space in this deal.

backbeat
04-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I certainly hope so, because DeRo will be sorely missed on the scoresheet, and TFC would be gaining considerable cap space in this deal.

and gaining allocation $, wouldn't we?

Vep
04-01-2011, 03:42 PM
and i just bought his 8000th mls goal jersey.. @#%@#%@%#%@

TFCmatty
How is it that NY and LA never seem to have cap issues........I dont get it....

Smokecell
This would be some nice cap space picked up and I'm almost certain Tchani is GA too

Pookie
04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
and gaining allocation $, wouldn't we?

I'm not sure about that.

Allocation money is a weird thing in MLS, it is made available for a number of reasons including "exceptional circumstances."

If those exceptional circumstances disappear, I think the allocation money goes with it.

For example, LA got millions to assist with Beckham. If there was no Beckham, I doubt LA would get to keep the millions.

wzhxvy
04-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Roogsy might want to buy it...lol

Alonso
04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Now he goes to New York where 80% of the population probably don't even know they have a football team. They think Giants and Jets and the truck stops there.

I wish it could've turned out differently.

Oldtimer
04-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Sell it to a NYRB fan. Tell them it's an investment. :D

Suds
Well, whatever you think of the back and forth involving DeRo the past six months or so, it's a shame his time in Toronto ended like this (assuming it is over).

Tchani is a solid pickup though, and hopefully the cap savings will allow us to flesh out our scoring situation.

- Scott

Agreed. I was starting to feel like we were turning the corner. (we, meaning some of us who took him to task over past actions)

Honestly, I can't help but feel sad if DeRo leaves. There was so much promise when he arrived. It seemed like there was going to be something special built with him here. Now I have this sense of missed opportunity and that we will never really know what could have been.

jojoflow

Im not really pumped if there is a huge dp coming TFC has had bad dp's Mista was suppost to be amazing, the only thing this was amazing about him was that he was good at falling down and complaining to the ref.

Sometimes dp's are not the answer. How could tfc get as a dp that will score 15 goals??

I think people jump on De Ro and throw him under the bus to quickly his anyone asked for a raise at work before?? YES maybe he did it in a poor way but he is human like us and makes mistakes

jojoflow
04-01-2011, 03:49 PM
We can take Robinson back :p

heck no
he is so over paided
great player but damn way to much money

Pookie
^ and mistakes have consequences. Time for everyone to move on

Alonso
This would be some nice cap space picked up and I'm almost certain Tchani is GA too

Really? That would be a bonus!

DichioTFC
The only two people I'm waiting to hear from are DeRo and Roogsy.

Oldtimer
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Agreed. I was starting to feel like we were turning the corner. (we, meaning some of us who took him to task over past actions)

Honestly, I can't help but feel sad if DeRo leaves. There was so much promise when he arrived. It seemed like there was going to be something special built with him here. Now I have this sense of missed opportunity and that we will never really know what could have been.

This guy is responsible for the mess:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/11/18/johnston_mo_big_381.jpg

bgnewf
Roogsy is on Twitter today... saw him post a few minutes ago

Gazza
Robinson was a great player...Dichio> De Ro....i think i've heard it all now.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Is this a good deal? Tchani for Dero? Are we going to have a big name DP coming?

ensco
04-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Aside from the mystery legal holdup (which I'm tempted to call BS on, it makes no sense)......I say Dero's a holdout, and this trade isn't happening.

Think about it from his POV.

I don't see why Dero will report to NY, unless they are doing something about his contract demands.

I think if he doesn't get paid he'll go home, and try to force MLS to accept a termination (or modest buyout) so that he can go to Celtic or wherever in July.

The fact that NY would surrender significant assets for Dero under his existing contract is fuel on the fire. It confirms Dero's view that he is underpaid.

He's played his last game for TFC, but it's also likely he's done with MLS.

Inklink
04-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Dero is furious? Did the cheque come in 1 cent short?

Does NY have a DP spot available?

Dero: "@MLSE: Can you doune me DP spot?"

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Exclusive video footage of Roogsys reaction to the news....

ee925OTFBCA

:smilielol5:

Oh shit, I think I peed a little.

Pookie
04-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Really? That would be a bonus!

He is. Signed his GA contract in 2010. Generally speaking that means 4 years as a GA player, or usually 2 + 2 option years

Suds
04-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I say Dero's a holdout, and this isn't happening.

Putting aside the mystery legal problems, I still don't see why Dero will report to NY, unless they are doing something about his contract demands.

I think if he doesn't get paid he'll go home, and try to force MLS to accept a termination (or modest buyout) so that he can go to Celtic or wherever in July.

The fact that NY would surrender significant assets for Dero under his existing contract is fuel on the fire. It confirms Dero's view that he is underpaid.

Interesting position. This would be quite a risk though, no?

bgnewf
04-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Roogsy, now that you are here can you clarify for us if as far as you know, has Dwayne been with the team this week or not?

I have it from two sources that at some point between Saturday past and today he walked out on the cub essentially stating that his time with TFC was done and that he was not coming back.

Pookie
04-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Separate from the mystery legal holdup......I say Dero's a holdout, and this isn't happening. Think about it from his POV.

I don't see why Dero will report to NY, unless they are doing something about his contract demands.

Very plausible.

Batman
04-01-2011, 03:58 PM
:smilielol5:

Oh shit, I think I peed a little.

Well at least you can finally let your life get back to normal.

BuSaPuNk
04-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Plus why would Celtic take a guy in July that hasn't played a game in a while?

Pookie
04-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Roogsy, now that you are here can you clarify for us if as far as you know, has Dwayne been with the team this week or not?

I have it from two sources that at some point between Saturday past and today he walked out on the cub essentially stating that his time with TFC was done and that he was not coming back.

So, that Toronto Sun article with him avoiding the media on purpose might actually have had some legs to it?

v00d00daddy
04-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I know there's already a thread for this interview but I think it's very appropriate for today's news:

http://video.thescore.com/watch/aron-winter-1-on-1

Check out the 9:00 mark and on.

Winter spells it out for all of us to hear, loud and clear.

No player is bigger than the team. No matter how good. How loved.

Those of you condemning the team for getting rid of DeRo...I hope you enjoy supporting NYRB.

I know that's a stretch and an exageration but we must all come to understand.

NOBODY IS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM.

End of.

Good luck to DeRo and I will enjoy booing him upon his return. (after a healthy clap once he is first announced).

After that, he becomes the player I've grown to dislike and a member of the opposition.

Who's up for a giant cheque TIFO? LOL

Batman

any chance he was miffed at the stupid sun article and said that's it!

Suds
So, that Toronto Sun article with him avoiding the media on purpose might actually have had some legs to it?

I think that article referred to the time following the actual game on Saturday, not the days following.

Pookie
04-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Aside from the mystery legal holdup (which I'm tempted to call BS on, it makes no sense)......I say Dero's a holdout, and this trade isn't happening.

Think about it from his POV.

He's played his last game for TFC, but it's also likely he's done with MLS.

One of the things I speculated about was if he would demand that the "new team" drop their option on his final year, allowing him to be the free agent that he wants.

Of course, he would have a tough time getting MLS to agree to a subsequent contract as it would set a precedent but if he (and his agent) truly believe he has Euro-power, they might want to force that route.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Sooo sounds then like Mero is going on strike. Very fitting actions for our captain. Get this selfish clown out of here. He surely can be replaced.

I am literally shocked at the number of times you can be wrong.

bdiddy
04-01-2011, 04:03 PM
A 32 yr old striker with limited upside... I doubt Celtic would be desperate for that kind of player.

Pookie
I think that article referred to the time following the actual game on Saturday, not the days following.

True but the timeline didn't add up for me.

Again, very classy and terrific gesture on his part. I just have a hard time believing that by the time he got all the signatures that every last reporter had left the building.

Anyways, minor point in the bigger picture.

ensco
Interesting position. This would be quite a risk though, no?

I think Dero thinks he can get 3x or 4x what he's making here, over there. It may be delusional. If it isn't, what he's doing is rational.

ManUtd4ever

Is this information coming from credible sources? If it is, that puts an entirely different spin on the situation.

Mango Kid
From Gerry Dobson:

:lol:

Well done. Gerry isn't the swiftest.

BayernTFC
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
He is. Signed his GA contract in 2010. Generally speaking that means 4 years as a GA player, or usually 2 + 2 option years
Yep.

*** As far as personnel, one bit if good news is Tony Tchani NOT graduating from the Generation Adidas program (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/generation-adidas-players-graduate-seasons-end) . The rookie midfielder wasn't on the list released by MLS, which means the Red Bulls won’t have to protect him in the expansion draft and he won’t count against the salary cap next year, important as they'll have to pay full-season salaries to Thierry Henry and Rafa Marquez.
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/rbny_notes_tony_tchani_faryd_mondragon_wKw5KdzewVS o1TCrFwriBK

ensco
04-01-2011, 04:05 PM
One of the things I speculated about was if he would demand that the "new team" drop their option on his final year, allowing him to be the free agent that he wants.

Of course, he would have a tough time getting MLS to agree to a subsequent contract as it would set a precedent but if he (and his agent) truly believe he has Euro-power, they might want to force that route.

Yes, this must be close to the heart of it.

Mango Kid
04-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I think Dero thinks he can get 3x or 4x what he's making here, over there. It may be delusional. If it isn't, what he's doing is rational.

If he thought that, why wait til 32 to get militant about it?

brad
04-01-2011, 04:11 PM
This guy is responsible for the mess:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/11/18/johnston_mo_big_381.jpg

Or, it could be that Winter wants to move him out for younger players to build for the future.

He has a huge trade value now,Winter is rebuilding the team, this trade frees up several hundred thousand in cap space and gets us a very promising young midfielder and another fullback.

Consider that teams move out players in DeRo's position all the time in football, I'm not shocked...

MG42
04-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I think this trade actually was in the works - this is a reply by Ives to a comment calling his story "semi-legit"

(SBI-"Semi-legit"? I'll stand by my reporting. The trade was agreed to and submitted to the league, when it hit a snag due a legal issue with a player in the trade.)

brad
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
When Winter came in and said we are rebuilding, talked about how it would take time, at least a year. We tanked in Vancouver, many folks were completely okay with that because we are rebuilding

Now DeRo is gone, and people are up in the air about it. He unloaded a player that will be 33 next month, is likely to see his production drop off in the next couple of years and has a huge trade value now. From that we are getting a very promising young midfielder and freeing up several hundred thousand in cap space.

This move might make us suck even more this year.

Like it or not - that is building for the future.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Well at least you can finally let your life get back to normal.

True...in fact I am pretty much done with becoming involved with TFC players. Initially I volunteered because they needed the help and advice, but it's become nothing but drama and headaches, mostly on the TFC side. It's an amateurly run organization and it takes away from me running my group properly.

ginkster88
04-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Ives already did his April Fools for today: Teal Bunbury switching his allegiance from USA Soccer to Canada.

ensco
04-01-2011, 04:15 PM
If he thought that, why wait til 32 to get militant about it?

My interpretation:

He's been unrealistic about contract stuff for years, it's impossible to argue otherwise. He played beside Stuart Holden and Ricardo Clark, both of whom were smart enough to avoid the trap Dero fell into, and not sign new contracts, and they got their shot at Europe at an age that makes sense. This involved significant sacrifice on both their parts, as they spent several years vastly underpaid in MLS, while waiting for free agency.

Dero thought he could have it both ways, get better money now, and walk if the opportunity arises (which is the way it works for the stars in Europe), but he was wrong.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll put my faith on WINTER....any such move would have his influence...he's the first guy to focus on system football here at TFC..its only been 2 games...but i see what hes trying to build here...and it puts a smile on my face... if it means losing dero..i have all the faith winter will replace him with quality!

all the best dero.....if you chasing SOME EXTRA $$$.YOU WONT FIND IT IN MLS!!

GOOD LUCK!

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Wow. I leave town for a day and when I come back, DeRo is fucking gone.

Seriously though, who is gonna score for us now? The man was the club's rock. Mark my words, nobody is going to do the honest thing an actually admit it, but I suspect many here are going to regret this decision unless we happen to pick up a DP replacement and pick him up soon.

Suds
04-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Whew! What a day.

I think everyone needs a cold one. Help yourself lads.

http://www.dirtyernies.com/de/beer.jpg

brad
04-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Seriously though, who is gonna score for us now? The man was the club's rock. Mark my words nobody is going to do the honest thing an actually admit it, but I suspect many here are going to regret this decision unless we happen to pick up a DP replacement and pick him up soon.

Wait - I thought we weren't judging results until next year...

Mango Kid
When Winter came in and said we are rebuilding, talked about how it would take time, at least a year. We tanked in Vancouver, many folks were completely okay with that because we are rebuilding

Now DeRo is gone, and people are up in the air about it. He unloaded a player that will be 33 next month, is likely to see his production drop off in the next couple of years and has a huge trade value now. From that we are getting a very promising young midfielder and freeing up several hundred thousand in cap space.

This move might make us suck even more this year.

Like it or not - that is building for the future.

Exactly right.

Take a step back to jump three or more forward long term (which may not be that far off).

Roogsy

Love your stuff Big guy but honestly you've been used by your own sources to make the man look like the bad guy in this deal. You used to be objective, but your connections are using your lack of experience in this area to help them forward unfounded accusations. The only thing DeRo has done "wrong" is the cheque-writing and the public complaints. For that, people want to give up a 15 goal scorer. So be it. But the misinformation about this club is too much even for a stubborn ass like me to waste my time on. From the demands that never existed to the walkouts that never happened. Tell me, if the player had walked out last week, would TFC have used him at their charity event just days later? What sense does that make? How come nobody uses logic and simply buys into every ridiculous rumour that erupts?

Then you need to go back to your sources and ask them the question that I just asked. Because if DeRo was not training with the club, we would have known about it much earlier in the week (the way this club keeps secrets, these boards would have erupted with news on Monday) and he would not have shown up to the Team Up Foundation event. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on these "sources" of yours trying to feed you this stuff.

That is all I will say on this. I can't possibly address the insane amount of misinformation in this thread so I won't try.

ManUtd4ever
04-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Can anyone confirm Gerry Dobson's comment about a presser tomorrow or are their still several clubs involved in trade talks with TFC?

v00d00daddy
04-01-2011, 04:24 PM

Seriously though, who is gonna score for us now? The man was the club's rock. Mark my words nobody is going to do the honest thing an actually admit it, but I suspect many here are going to regret this decision unless we happen to pick up a DP replacement and pick him up soon.

I think I'll wait to see what the team looks like and how they play now that dero is gone.

We may be surprised.

Bottom line: winter didn't think he acted like a team player.

So who do you choose?

New coach with the new philosophy or dero?

Easy answer for me

ArmenJBX
04-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey Roogsy,

Do you know anything about the kind of deal he was offered at NY?
Is it a DP deal or is he just fed up with TFC and is at the same salary.

Roogsy
Bottom line: winter didn't think he acted like a team player.

Based on what?

Seriously, how do you guys make the logical jump from a to b?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
Can anyone confirm Gerry Dobson's comment about a presser tomorrow or are their still several clubs involved in trade talks with TFC?

WILL JOHNSON FOR DERO!:yum:

QSIM
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I think whether or not he's moving out is no longer a question. Let's give the man a proper send off tomorrow. He has done tremendous things for the club, and when it came down to the grind - he was there to score much needed goals. DeRo has never done anything to offend me as a supporter - the way I see it is as the ending of a dysfunctional relationship between the front office and a player. Both sides get to move on, hopefully for the better.

Thanks for the memories Dwayne.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey Roogsy,

Do you know anything about the kind of deal he was offered at NY?
Is it a DP deal or is he just fed up with TFC and is at the same salary.

I will answer this Jimmy because you have at least tried to retain some objectivity in all this even if I don't agree with your conclusions.

At this point, the rights to Dwayne move to NYRB along with his contract. What NYRB can elect to do now is either a) insist on Dwayne playing out his contract or b) renegotiate a new contract.

The trade itself has been rumoured for some time, but until it is finalized, NYRB cannot determine what to do going forward. So if the trade is finalized today, then at that point the two camps will talk. At this point, NYRB have not offered anything because the trade for all intents and purposes only came into existance today.

As for being "fed up", I will reiterate something I mentioned in previous DeRo threads...he did NOT ask for this trade, he wanted to stay in Toronto. Despite what the ninnies in this thread are spouting.

Red Rat
04-01-2011, 04:28 PM
holly shite!

ensco
04-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Roogsy, from NYRB's side, maybe not from a legal POV but as a practical matter, was the trade contingent on Dero's approval? Feel free to duck, if it's too sensitive a question right now...

Whoop
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't necessarily think that Winter thought DeRo wasn't a team player even he says that no team is bigger than the club.

I think Winter probably saw it as a case of nothing was going to get resolved between DeRo and the club and that it was best to move forward. And it's just a case of trading an asset at its peak for pieces to fill other gaps.

Nodoubtguy
Official!

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/04/tfc-acquires-two-de-rosario

Northern Soul
I think whether or not he's moving out is no longer a question. Let's give the man a proper send off tomorrow. He has done tremendous things for the club, and when it came down to the grind - he was there to score much needed goals. DeRo has never done anything to offend me as a supporter - the way I see it is as the ending of a dysfunctional relationship between the front office and a player. Both sides get to move on, hopefully for the better.

Definitely the most rational post in this thread. Well said.

Whoop
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Do no movement clauses even exist in MLS contracts?

J .
Love your stuff Big guy but honestly you've been used by your own sources to make the man look like the bad guy in this deal. You used to be objective, but your connections are using your lack of experience in this area to help them forward unfounded accusations. The only thing DeRo has done "wrong" is the cheque-writing and the public complaints. For that, people want to give up a 15 goal scorer. So be it. But the misinformation about this club is too much even for a stubborn ass like me to waste my time on. From the demands that never existed to the walkouts that never happened. Tell me, if the player had walked out last week, would TFC have used him at their charity event just days later? What sense does that make? How come nobody uses logic and simply buys into every ridiculous rumour that erupts?

Then you need to go back to your sources and ask them the question that I just asked. Because if DeRo was not training with the club, we would have known about it much earlier in the week (the way this club keeps secrets, these boards would have erupted with news on Monday) and he would not have shown up to the Team Up Foundation event. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on these "sources" of yours trying to feed you this stuff.

That is all I will say on this. I can't possibly address the insane amount of misinformation in this thread so I won't try.

a) DeRo has always been good for charity

b) All the negative actions done, were done by DeRo himself no one else.

c) DeRo is not a team first player. Looking outside of TFC, look at his contract situation in Houston. For me personally, I can just look at how he treated the NT run up to the WCQs and his quitting on the tactics and coach. Look how his cheque writing incident during a streak which we needed points and a win, showed he cared more about his money that the club.

DeRo did those things. Nobody else did. Only him. No spin, his actions. Two contract disputes and quit on the NT. Thats a lot of spin to make that look good.

Whichs leads me to this question, how do you know that you are not the one being misinformed?

DeRo made himself look bad, not bloggers, the supporters forums or the media.

Roogsy
I don't necessarily think that Winter thought DeRo wasn't a team player even he says that no team is bigger than the club.

I think Winter probably saw it as a case of nothing was going to get resolved between DeRo and the club and that it was best to move forward. And it's just a case of trading an asset at its peak for pieces to fill other gaps.

At least I can agree on this. These conclusions people are making about Winter's opinion of Dwayne are pretty off base.

Gazza
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Seriously though, who is gonna score for us now? The man was the club's rock. Mark my words, nobody is going to do the honest thing an actually admit it, but I suspect many here are going to regret this decision unless we happen to pick up a DP replacement and pick him up soon.

Agree 100%

dantdot
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM
From a NYPost reporter:

Source within #MLS (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS) confirms #Dwayne (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Dwayne) De Rosario deal to #RBNY (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23RBNY) is done. He'll fly in and be available Saturday vs. Houston 8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/NYPost_Lewis/status/53931153396207617) via TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)

TFC Cityboy
04-01-2011, 04:35 PM
looks official now
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/04/tfc-acquires-two-de-rosario

Roogsy
Whichs leads me to this question, how do you know that you are not the one being misinformed?

I am not going to debate what has happened in the past. That has been done to death in hundreds of pages of debates. So you can post your opinion on DeRo to your heart's content, the only thing I will address is the possibility of me being misinformed. And I can only answer this:

Name me one time where I provided bad or incorrect information? All I have ever done is try to stay true to the facts. The only only thing I have seen from DeRo detractors is misinformation and reliance on non-football issues to take away from what has been and will always be a stellar football career.

lobo

HEAR! HEAR!

drewski
JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/#%21/JohnMolinaro) John Molinaro

Toronto FC announced have acquired midfielder Tony Tchani, defender Danleigh Borman and a First Round pick for De Rosario.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-01-2011, 04:36 PM
JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/#%21/JohnMolinaro) John Molinaro

Toronto FC announced have acquired midfielder Tony Tchani, defender Danleigh Borman and a First Round pick for De Rosario.

time to make tfc's new DP thread!!

all the best DERO!

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Wait - I thought we weren't judging results until next year...

Next year, shmecks year. Seriously, this is a HUGE change to the dynamics of the club. DeRo was more than just a good midfielder.

Suds

Basically how I saw the situation.

Roogsy
Roogsy, from NYRB's side, maybe not from a legal POV but as a practical matter, was the trade contingent on Dero's approval? Feel free to duck, if it's too sensitive a question right now...

I'd answer that if I knew the CBA in and out. I don't know if either the CBA or DeRo's contract has any clause that requires this. Most player in MLS don't have it, but when you get to the level of Dwayne, you might. I don't know. As far as I know, I don't think he has the ability to negate a trade this way. And to be honest, at this point, would he even fight this trade? I wouldn't.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Open+Cup+Philadelphia+Union+v+New+York+Red+G6LxyGf HSfCl.jpg

trane
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I am not against De Ro being traded, but as others have pointed out, I have no idea who these two are, and for a quality attacking player like De Ro it is underwelming. Hopefully is part of a bigger plan. It does not suprise me once we sigend Stevanovic, as he strikes me as a player that would fill De Ro's role.

My condoloscences to Roogsy.

J .
04-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Name me one time where I provided bad or incorrect information? All I have ever done is try to stay true to the facts. The only only thing I have seen from DeRo detractors is misinformation and reliance on non-football issues to take away from what has been and will always be a stellar football career.

On the three above points, aside from charity one, we very much disagree and I never got any information from anything you posted to indicate he didnt do those actions.

Regardless, he is traded and I am pleased he is gone and new leadership can be brought in or grown. We didnt win with or without him. Time for the player, club and supporters to move on.

jloome
04-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I'll miss DeRo.

But as a purely objective trade, I feel like we just horribly assaulted the New York Red Bulls.

Seriously. Tony Tchani and a pick straight up for DeRo and I'd take it. To get an MLS-level FB (with side issues) as well is great.

craigtfc
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Holy fuck boys! Come back mo, all is forgotten,

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I am going home, after a long day in meetings and a constant barrage of Whatsapp, BBM and text message throughout the day.

I am obviously sad to see DeRo leave mine (and his) hometown team. I know for a fact his goal in coming and playing for TFC was to bring home a championship and help grow soccer in Canada. Mojo and the ineptitude of MLSE ensured that was not going to happen. He now moves on back to the US where he has had a successful career and my guess will continue to succeed. I would bet a pretty penny that DeRo sees playoff action well before we do and the chances of him winning a FIFTH MLS Cup have just increased a million-fold.

His legacy in the States will not be undone by the foolisheness that has transpired in Toronto. This shitshow of a club could not even manage properly the signing of two of Canada's biggest soccer stars. Anyone with half a brain can see the problems are not with the players, they are with the organization.

My best wishes to Dwayne and his family.

v00d00daddy
04-01-2011, 04:42 PM

At least I can agree on this. These conclusions people are making about Winter's opinion of Dwayne are pretty off base.

Sorry guys...but I disagree.

Have you watched the Winter interview with James Sharman?

I've already linked it previously but here it is again:

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2011/03/23/1-on-1-with-tfc-boss-aron-winter/

9:00 in

When asked about DeRo Winter makes some comments.

One of which is something to the effect of:

"First you have to be a team....if he wants to be a part of it, it starts with a team. Act like a team player then we'll see what the future brings you"

He doesn't come out and say "DeRo is NOT a team player" but he certainly implies it. He also mentions being happy to have players playing under their contracts.

So you tell me. What does that mean?

rocker
Anybody else reading Soccernomics? Good book. There's a section in there about English managers who sold players at their peaks to continually revitalize. I see this as a similar move.

Also interesting that Tchani is still on a GA contract. So essentially he's "free" for this season (no cap hit). Borman made just 40K last year (not sure his salary this season).
So Winter and Mariner have offloaded a significant cap hit.

Davenport
Good. Let Winter build his own team.
No room for selfish tools like him in the Dutch way.

Watch out Baywatch, you're next.

scooter
then agree on this ---winter watched dero play last week and decided what he has been thinking for a while that he is not as good as he thinks he is

DichioTFC
I was critical of DeRo's actions, but there's no denying the man's talent. He did great off-field work and was the only person (aside from Frei and Nana) who could be relied upon to give 200% day in and day out.

He will be missed on the pitch. My condolences to Mr. Rugel.

fiji_blue
I will definatley miss Dero....Its a good trade!
All the Best DDR.

Suds
04-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I'll miss DeRo.

But as a purely objective trade, I feel like we just horribly assaulted the New York Red Bulls.

Seriously. Tony Tchani and a pick straight up for DeRo and I'd take it. To get an MLS-level FB (with side issues) as well is great.

I'm one of those who has no insight on this guy.

Is he all upside or should or will we see some immediate benefits to the team? What will his strengths be?

Roogsy
We didnt win with or without him.

We didn't win with or without Danny either, maybe he sucked too? I never understood this point and probably never will. This point has always relied on the ridiculous premise that this team was good before DeRo and that he was a negative on the team. I'd love for someone to make the claim that TFC were ever good, regardless of DeRo.

RedsYNWA
Q the TO Reject chant :facepalm:

I was never a big fan of DeRO but like I said prior this will be best for both parties TFC & DeRo

But please can that chant be killed or am I throwing a beer in your direction:drinking:

Whoop
04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Time to move on...

Nodoubtguy
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
DeRo was a huge part of this team, but the relationship broke down and there was no fixing it.

He's now off to a good team with huge stars and a chance to win, Winter can now build his own team with the cap space.....this is the best deal for all involved.

v00d00daddy
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM

I won't argue your first point but your second is really funny and shows your IMMENSE bias.

The only thing you've CHOSEN to see is misinformation.

Several people have formed opinions based on what they've seen. You've disagreed with them...which is fine.

Just don't lump people who were offended by his ACTIONS with the people who say he sucks.

I've disliked his on field actions almost as much as his off field shit.

ManUtd4ever
04-01-2011, 04:46 PM
DeRo's offense will be irreplaceable from any individuals on the current roster. Unless TFC signs a legitimate DP that can score, it will have to be a collective effort from the group of forwards that compensates for DeRo's absence.

Unfortunately, in the short term, I think we are about to find out just how difficult it will be to replace the franchise scoring leader.

Island Man
04-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I will definatley miss Dero....Its a good trade!
All the Best DDR.

This ^. Good move for everyone tbh.

trane
04-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I have too ask why the fuck can we never do this kind of shit BEFORE THE SEASON starts (rhetorical question-the answer because it took us way to fucking long to get a new manager).

Gazza
04-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Good Luck Dwayne! Best player to wear a TFC jersey. Gave it your all night in and night out and produced. You'll be sorely missed. Go get yourself another championship.

I still think this team is going in the right direction. But today is a sad day for the club.

Whoop
04-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Like I said before this was going to be a one step back to take two-three steps forward kind of year.

ecospice
04-01-2011, 04:49 PM

My thoughts, to the extent they are worth anything:

1. If Borman can start at LB and give us quality minutes we should be ok - fills a huge need.

2. The new forward has tremendous upside.

3. The new depth up front combined with the new system should make TFC the winner of the trade in the long run.

4. Having said that, MeRo played his heart out for TFC, even if he was immature about the salary situation last year (cheque writing incident...); and,

5. NYRB are now the clear #1 team and MLS cup favourite IMHO.

In closing: all the best to DeRo and thanks for the memories and two plus seasons of good, hard, work and goals.

EDIT: GO TFC

mar1960
04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
love the guy but lets move on

trane
04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I have to say, that I am a bit sad, he was a good player and a hometown boy. Sad. I understand it, do not have anything to say about the players we got back, [Kenny Cooper would have made me happy]. I hope Jloome is right about them.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I will add that for a bunch of fans who demand "class" from our players, we show an awful little of it to a player who a) scored more goals than anyone else in TFC history and probably will for some time b) loved the city and played his guts out and c) showed a genuine affection for fans after the loss of one of our own.

Considering in that thread, people like me were called out for "calling out" posters and their hypocrisy, I'd say our posts have been vindicated by this board which is a shining example of how we overlook the positives and shine a spotlight on the negatives. The detractors were strangely quiet when he does something right but come out from under their rocks when he does something wrong or when he finally gets shipped out of town. I am disgusted.

We are fools to think we are left behind with anything better. None of the players brought in this year, whatever their level of talent, are as committed to this city and the people as Dwayne was. None of them care if they win a cup here or in LA. None of them care if their next paycheque came in MLS or in Europe. And none of them were or will be called upon to represent TFC as much as Dwayne.

For him personally, while it may be a disappointment, I can only imagine the relief of being done with this mess and this club that doesn't know how to treat any of it's players, not just Dwayne.

Suds
04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I was critical of DeRo's actions, but there's no denying the man's talent. He did great off-field work and was the only person (aside from Frei and Nana) who could be relied upon to give 200% day in and day out.

He will be missed on the pitch. My condolences to Mr. Rugel.

Same here. I was critical of his actions at the time.

But fact is, we just traded our best player.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I have too ask why the fuck can we never do this kind of shit BEFORE THE SEASON starts (rhetorical question-the answer because it took us way to fucking long to get a new manager).

We had our chance with Celtic and TFC decided to kaibosh that deal.

Petor
04-01-2011, 04:53 PM

I think the answer to that question is that this year MLSE hired the management team too late.
But then again, did they take too long to make sure that they got the right management team?
You can't blame JK either as this is the MLS we are talking about not some Euro league, the rules are different.

rocker
We didn't win with or without Danny either, maybe he sucked too? I never understood this point and probably never will. This point has always relied on the ridiculous premise that this team was good before DeRo and that he was a negative on the team. I'd love for someone to make the claim that TFC were ever good, regardless of DeRo.

The point has nothing to do with whether De Ro was "negative" or how good TFC was before De Ro arrived.

The fact is, nobody can show me the correlation between "having De Rosario at TFC" and "winning games." It's a team game.

Lastly, nobody has ever explained why paying De Ro more money or guaranteeing further years of his contract makes TFC better in the win column.

Actually, getting better players across the team itself will probably make this team win more games.

De Ro's a good player, but I never felt he was untouchable, someone we had to have if we ever have any hope of success.

Roogsy
Like I said before this was going to be a one step back to take two-three steps forward kind of year.

Isn't 3 steps back 1 step forward more accurate? We've done more unwinding and undoing than actual progress. While the progress may yet come, I have yet to see how we can honestly say that there has been more progress than unwinding?

Gazza
I will add that for a bunch of fans who demand "class" from our players, we show an awful little of it to a player who a) scored more goals than anyone else in TFC history and probably will for some time b) loved the city and played his guts out and c) showed a genuine affection for fans after the loss of one of our own.

Considering in that thread, people like me were called out for "calling out" posters and their hypocrisy, I'd say our posts have been vindicated by this board which is a shining example of how we overlook the positives and shine a spotlight on the negatives. The detractors were strangely quiet when he does something right but come out from under their rocks when he does something wrong or when he finally gets shipped out of town. I am disgusted.

We are fools to think we are left behind with anything better. None of the players brought in this year, whatever their level of talent, are as committed to this city and the people as Dwayne was. None of them care if they win a cup here or in LA. None of them care if their next paycheque came in MLS or in Europe. And none of them were or will be called upon to represent TFC as much as Dwayne.

For him personally, while it may be a disappointment, I can only imagine the relief of being done with this mess and this club that doesn't know how to treat any of it's players, not just Dwayne.

Hear hear! Well said.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 04:55 PM
The point has nothing to do with whether De Ro was "negative" or how good TFC was before De Ro arrived.

The fact is, nobody can show me the correlation between "having De Rosario at TFC" and "winning games." It's a team game.

So you're saying TFC would have won the Miracle in Montreal without DeRo? Because that would be "showing you" correlation between having DeRo and winning.

Lastly, nobody has ever explained why paying De Ro more money or guaranteeing further years of his contract makes TFC better in the win column.

Well I guess this year will show it no? If we wind up lower on the table and struggle to score again, I would have to say the evidence is avialable no? Would you be willing to concede to that? Because otherwise, I have no idea how anyone would be able to "prove" this point. I am often criticized for using his past success as evidence that he helps win, and if this way of measuring is not acceptable then future success is also not acceptable as evidence, so then what would be?

sidvan
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
DeRo's FB -
I am sorry to the wonderful and passionate fans at TFC about my departure to NY Red Bulls. Just wanted to say it has truly been an honor coming back home & playing for my home crowd. Unfortunately things didn't work out as it was my goal to help TFC succeed in winning a "MLS Championship". You the fans will always hold a special place in my heart at TFC. Best Wishes....

Whoop
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Wow... TFC is young now.

GK - Frei - 24
DF - Borman - 26
DF - Attakora - 22
DF - Cann - 30
DF - Yourassowsky - 28
DF - Harden - 27
DF - Morgan - 20
DF - Omphroy - 21
MF - Tchani - 21
MF - Stevanovic - 20
MF - Sturgis - 23
MF - Peterson - 25
MF - DeGuzman - 30
MF - Zavarise - 24
F - Martina - 24
F - Santos - 26
F - Gordon - 29
F - Soolsma - 23

v00d00daddy
04-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Isn't 3 steps back 1 step forward more accurate? We've done more unwinding and undoing than actual progress. While the progress may yet come, I have yet to see how we can honestly say that there has been more progress than unwinding?

I know I'm gonna sound like an asshole but...

How the fuck do you know?

We've seen two games of a completely new team, with a new manager and a new philosophy.

They've brought in several new players and the jury is still out on them because....WE DON'T KNOW.

But apparently you do.

I think we've made tons of progress already. Bringing in a new system and a coach with a vision is progess to me. Bringing in (and getting rid of) players that don't fit that system is progress to me.

Why not wait to see what happens with this team before determining if any progress has been made?

Nodoubtguy
04-01-2011, 04:57 PM

depends on how you look at it.....if you see the positive that Winter can now really build his own team with some cap space and that Tchani is a great prospect on a GA, its steps forward

like I said, DeRo was a great player for TFC, but it was broken and unfixable so this had to be done

Stryker
04-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Does this mean DeRo won't be on the BMO Wall of Fame?
*snicker

pekduck
04-01-2011, 04:58 PM

progress starts with movement

best of luck to dero, i was there in DC when he single handed tear apart their D and scoring the goal, i was there in Montreal seeing his hattrick in rain, i was there in Houston for his two freekicks, this guy can play

however, we can move on, thank you for your hard work and dedication to TFC, for making us from a last place team to bottom table team for the last 2 seasons

best of luck in NYRB

swan
04-01-2011, 04:59 PM
we seriously must have some major cap space now with all the trades..

CretanBull

I think the thread can be ended with that because no other words could say it better :thumbsup:

Roogsy
depends on how you look at it.....if you see the positive that Winter can now really build his own team with some cap space and that Tchani is a great prospect on a GA, its steps forward

like I said, DeRo was a great player for TFC, but it was broken and unfixable so this had to be done

OK then...that is one step forward.

My point is that there is more breaking down and unwinding than there is actual progress in order for a "1 step back, 3 steps forward" kind of mentality to be accurate.

You'd have to look at all the unwinding, firings, repositioning, transfers, trades, releases as one giant step back. And then every little player and contract is a multitude of steps forward.

Weird way to look at it but ok.

trane
We had our chance with Celtic and TFC decided to kaibosh that deal.

Thats right.

I have to say, I am starting to resent all the anti De Ro sentiment. I was not a fan like Roogsy, but I thought he was the best attacking player that we had, in my books together with Dichio, and he served us well. He does not deserve the negativity.

ArmenJBX
04-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Dwayne De Rosario (http://www.facebook.com/dwaynederosario)
I am sorry to the wonderful and passionate fans at TFC about my departure to NY Red Bulls. Just wanted to say it has truly been an honor coming back home & playing for my home crowd. Unfortunately things didn't work out as it was my goal to help TFC succeed in winning a "MLS Championship". You the fans will always hold a special place in my heart at TFC. Best Wishes....

trane
04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Does this mean DeRo won't be on the BMO Wall of Fame?
*snicker

He certainly deserve it more then Brennan.

Nothing against him but he had one solid season with us.

Beach_Red

We are fools to think we are left behind with anything better. None of the players brought in this year, whatever their level of talent, are as committed
to this city and the people as Dwayne was. None of them care if they win a cup here or in LA. None of them care if their next paycheque came in MLS or
in Europe. And none of them were or will be called upon to represent TFC as
much as Dwayne.

For him personally, while it may be a disappointment, I can only imagine the relief of being done with this mess and this club that doesn't know how to treat
any of it's players, not just Dwayne.

Well, we really want to have our cake and eat it too. For four years we bitched constantly about the poor running of the team and demanded the management be fired. But we expected all of the players to put up with that management and never complain.

Batman

Roogsy, I think the Mojo regime may not have treated the players well, but there's no evidence that the current mgmt is problematic in this regard.

It seems from an outsider perspective that Dwayne didn't get over that.

Also, let's not try to make him out to be a saint. He came to Toronto because of a desire for money and he is leaving Toronto because of desire for more money.

He also made his share of mistakes off the pitch, as well as he contributed well on the pitch... but it's not nearly as one sided as you seem to want us to believe.

This argument has gone on for a long time... if it was so cut and dry, it would have been over months ago.

For the record, I'm disappointed it didn't work out.... but very happy to be over all the drama.

IMHO, it's time for you, the rest of RPB, DeRo and TFC to move on.

The sooner the better.

Nodoubtguy
OK then...that is one step forward.

My point is that there is more breaking down and unwinding than there is actual progress in order for a "1 step back, 3 steps forward" kind of mentality to be accurate.

You'd have to look at all the unwinding, firings, repositioning, transfers, trades, releases as one giant step back. And then every little player and contract is a multitude of steps forward.

Weird way to look at it but ok.

unless these are actually the steps forward for this club and Winters vision of it

Razor
04-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Glad to see he's finally leaving.....too much drama for this club.

I like the trade and can't wait to see what else Winter has in store for the club.

TFC!

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I know I'm gonna sound like an asshole but...

How the fuck do you know?

We've seen two games of a completely new team, with a new manager and a new philosophy.

They've brought in several new players and the jury is still out on them because....WE DON'T KNOW.

But apparently you do.

I think we've made tons of progress already. Bringing in a new system and a coach with a vision is progess to me. Bringing in (and getting rid of) players that don't fit that system is progress to me.

Why not wait to see what happens with this team before determining if any progress has been made?

But then by your own words you yourself are admitting that he progress is not evident yet. You prove my point exactly.

Listen, I don't know if the team we have left is an MLS Cup team or a bottom-feeding team. But until we know, how ridiculous is it to make the assertion that progress has been made?

So we can agree that breaking the team down and starting over is step 1. I call that stepping back.

Where exactly are the "3 steps forward" evident?

Stryker
04-01-2011, 05:04 PM
IMO DeRo wasen't going to be nearly as effective this year in the 4-3-3 formation.
This, coupled with the fact that he was taking a huge chunk of the cap and was cancerous in the dressing room make this a solid trade.
We've got a speedy LWB, a position we're sickly thin at, and a solid midfielder.

If we can pair up NY's first rounder with another to trade up to the top of the draft this will be an outstanding deal.

wzhxvy
I am sad to see Dero go as a player and a person. He showed me last week that as a person he gets certain things that many others dont and is at the end of the day, a good guy. From a business perspective, I think he has been horriblly misguided, and misled. I hope for his sake he finds a way to make more money in the last few years of his football career. I also hope that one day he can return to this club in some capacity. I hope he just exists now with grace and this exit is not too ugly. If he or TFC dont show class, I will be really disappointed.

Azerban
any word how much salary we are picking up?

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Roogsy, I think the Mojo regime may not have treated the players well, but there's no evidence that the current mgmt is problematic in this regard.

Dwayne is not the only player I know and believe me, I know of semi-pro teams that know how to treat their players better. I've heard it from several players. Do you think shipping Dwayne out solves the problems with this club? Only when Mariner and Winter understand how this club takes its players for granted and change the culture will this issue go away. Dwayne leaving does not change it, it just leaves a bunch of players that can't complain like Dwayne did. Maybe some people are ok with that. I personally believe you need to foster a positive environment to maximize the production from your employees, TFC are not there.

flatpicker
It is what it is.
I hold out hope that Winter is making the right moves for the long term.

I think I will now leave this thread and avoid the usual madness that comes with these discussions.
I'm gonna spend my time looking forward to tomorrows game.

RedsYNWA

That is alot of BULL CRAP unless you know each and everyone of our players DO NOT MAKE GENERELIZATIONS

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
This, coupled with the fact that he was taking a huge chunk of the cap and was cancerous in the dressing room make this a solid trade.

I've had it with this fucking accusation. Someone come up with some real evidence of this or admit that you've pulling this out of your ass.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
That is alot of BULL CRAP unless you know each and everyone of our players DO NOT MAKE GENERELIZATIONS

I do know every player.

Is that a good enough start?

Now you tell me who was as committed as Dwayne to Toronto?

Suds
04-01-2011, 05:07 PM
IMO DeRo wasen't going to be nearly as effective this year in the 4-3-3 formation.
We've got a speedy LWB, a position we're sickly thin at, and a solid midfielder.

If we can pair up NY's first rounder with another to trade up to the top of the draft this will be an outstanding deal.

There is no proof of this, only speculation on this board. No player has come out and said this.

Stryker
04-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I've had it with this fucking accusation. Someone come up with some real evidence of this or admit that you've pulling this out of your ass.
His whole drawn out saga made him cancerous.

Phil
04-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Its pro sports, what can you do?

When you look at the salary caps then try and match expectations, there are going to be situations that something will have to move.

All the best to Dero, he did a lot for this club and he will be missed.

Now we get to see what can be done.

v00d00daddy
04-01-2011, 05:08 PM
But then by your own words you yourself are admitting that he progress is not evident yet. You prove my point exactly.

Listen, I don't know if the team we have left is an MLS Cup team or a bottom-feeding team. But until we know, how ridiculous is it to make the assertion that progress has been made?

So we can agree that breaking the team down and starting over is step 1. I call that stepping back.

Where exactly are the "3 steps forward" evident?

How about hiring Winter?
How about completely changing the philosophy of the club?
How about the "little" signings?

Those are all steps forward...or at the very least, potential steps forward. Only time will tell.

You want me to believe that we're fucked cause we lost DeRo but I can't. In fact, I was optimistic about the future of this club when I heard and saw Winter's plan.

If losing DeRo is part of the plan...so be it.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Right...:rolleyes: So in other words you have no evidence but simply choose to make your opinion sound like fact. For all you know he was the most popular player in the locker room and you wouldn't even know it.

That's weak.

Cashcleaner
04-01-2011, 05:09 PM

HIS whole drawn-out saga? There are two sides to every negiotiation, Stryker.

ryan
04-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Just want to chime in with some thoughts...

DeRo was a quality player but he wasn't right for what the team is doing right now. He needs to be playing for a title which he will be in NY, so good for him.

We get what we needed, young players with upside in our quest to take this team in a different and younger direction.

The move makes sense, I'll miss the guy much like I miss Halladay, but it's simply the right move at the right time. The fact that this has been done early enough in the season helps the team move on sooner.

Now another thing, Facebook posters might be the dumbest and clueless collection of Toronto sports fans. They epitomize how bloody lost Toronto sports fans are with the sports they "follow", they couldn't be any further from truth in what they speak. MLS and the sport of football has grown so much in Canada since this team started playing, but dear god are the people so far behind in understanding it. Then again, most Torontonians I speak to are this lost when it comes to hockey and that's been around for a century, so I digress.

I'm brand spankin new to these forums (and relatively new to following the sport itself), but I sincerely hope there's some thought and understanding in commentary about what the club is doing.

Love him, hate him, miss him, don't care....doesn't matter. The move itself is nothing but a positive for the club's growth. There's no guarentee these guys will lead us to a Championship, but DeRo's 32 years old and we're not ready for one, so lets keep perspective!

Gazza
04-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I find that most fans in this city draw their own conclusions with little to no facts.

De Ro was loved in the dressing room. He was also Ty Harden's best man at his wedding. I don't know this to be true per say, but it's the conclusion i'm going with.

Suds
04-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm brand spankin new to these forums (and relatively new to following the sport itself), but I sincerely hope there's some thought and understanding in commentary about what the club is doing.

I hope you got drunk before you ventured in here for the first time. :D

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:12 PM
You want me to believe that we're fucked cause we lost DeRo but I can't. In fact, I was optimistic about the future of this club when I heard and saw Winter's plan.

I never said that.

My position on this trade is that TFC is waving the white flag on this year. If we all agree on that, then there is no disagreement. But bringing in players who haven't won shit and haven't proven shit and we're supposed to automatically accept it's "progress" just because they're young and have good prospects?

Now you're contradicting your own point. At first you said let's wait to see if there is progress, now you're saying the progress has already been made.

Replacing a coach is a sideways move.

Removing players is a step back. It's desconstructing. I am not saying it isn't necessary, but it's not progress.

New players coming in is not progress unless they prove to be great signings. Are you willing to put your name down on any player right now as being an MLS All Star? We just removed an MLS All Star so how is that progress?

Shway
Does anyone else sharing the same feeling of this being bittersweet

Batman
anyway.....time for a BLUE JAYS GAME!!!

RedsYNWA
04-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I do know every player.

Is that a good enough start?

Now you tell me who was as committed as Dwayne to Toronto?

If he was so much in love with TO he would have found a way to play out his contract or atleast hide his displeasure that made him out to be "show me the $$$" player that each little kid idolizes:rolleyes:

I'm done with this.... Dero is a great player but misguided at times... Mojo fucked things up ROYAL, let's all take a shower and start fresh

Suds
04-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Does anyone else sharing the same feeling of this being bittersweet

yep ... posted something to that effect earlier in the thread

rocker
04-01-2011, 05:15 PM
but it's not progress.

New players coming in is not progress unless they prove to be great signings. Are you willing to put your name down on any player right now as being an MLS All Star? We just removed an MLS All Star so how is that progress?

Progress is determined by points in the standings.

How about we play some games without the MLS Allstar and see how it goes?

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:15 PM
If he was so much in love with TO he would have found a way to play out his contract or atleast hide his displeasure that made him out to be "show me the $$$" player that each little kid idolizes:rolleyes:

As Cash said, there are two sides to every negotiation. He wasn't the only one that needed to "find a way". And since he was playing despite not having the contract he liked, when exactly did he not "play out his contract"?

Hide his displeasure is the evidence that he didn't love TO? Well I must hate TO because if pissed at this club.

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Progress is determined by wins and losses.

We have 1 win and 1 loss so far.

Is that progress?

rocker
04-01-2011, 05:17 PM
We have 1 win and 1 loss so far.

Is that progress?

read the rest of my message. I said we need to play some games to determine if this is progress.

De Ro played in those games, so we can't compare.

We need some "games without De Ro" to know. Get it?

brad
Like or not - this is how you rebuild. Especially in a capped league.

TFC14
He played with heart and pride and did well for TO in what would have been very lopsided seasons without his scoring touch.

As great as it is to build towards the future, as we have seen the past 4 years TFC has been a revolving door. The MLS is really a league based on the present and whether we would have contended for the Cup this year or not can be debated but can you really build towards the future when A) your goalkeeper B) best young defender most likely will try their craft overseas sooner than later. Do we have any guarantee that if Martina has a breakout year he wont return back to Holland or any young player for that matter. The MLS is not the top spot for these players and regardless of contracts if a big club comes knocking (like for Edu) how can you possibly deny them the opportunity.

When I look at this deal I can't see anything long-term because so much can change that you have to focus on today... and today we became a worse soccer team.

ryan
04-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I hope you got drunk before you ventured in here for the first time. :D

Unfortunately not as I joined this afternoon and apparently that's a no-no for workplace etiquette? Go figure.

I'm certain I was drunk when I met many of you guys, although we wouldn't have known it at the time. Sat in 112 a few times last season and hopefully I can get over there a few times this year too.

:scarf:

Roogsy
04-01-2011, 05:22 PM
read the rest of my message. I said we need to play some games to determine if this is progress.

De Ro played in those games, so we can't compare.

We need some "games without De Ro" to know. Get it?

At least we can agree on this. In a roundabout way you agree with my point that we simply cannot call TFC at this point as having "progressed", it's a wait and see game.

brad
04-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Rumors kicking around we are still picking up a big chunk of his salary.