PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC April Fools Prank...

Carts
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Here's a TFC April Fools prank I pulled off on everyone I sent it to...

At work (that was the best part), family, buddies - hook, line, and sinker, everyone bought it...

One reply was "...F*CKING BRUTAL. I'm giving up my seats! Had enough of this f*cking sh*t..." LOL That's when I broke the news it was a joke...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

BMO FIELD SET TO RETURN TO FIELD TURF
MLSE Disappointed in the Cost of Maintaining Natural Field & Subsequent Loss of Revenue

(CP) TORONTO, ON: MLSE has gone from green to mean. That's the feeling from Toronto FC players, staff, and supporters, as MLSE revealed today that they will be replacing the natural surface at BMO Field and return to Field Turf.

Field Turf Inc., the company that last installed the synthetic playing surface at BMO Field, has introduced ‘Turf-3’ the latest innovation in synthetic surfaces.

"We just can’t justify the cost, and more importantly the loss in revenue" Tom Anselmi, COO of MLSE Limited said on Thursday in regards to the natural grass field.

"From recreational and community use, to corporate functions, and outdoor events, what once was a revenue generator is now simply an expense"
Anselmi continued stating that with a synthetic surface, BMO was one of MLSE’s top revenue generators, as the cost of running the facility is split with the city, but the operating profit is 100% MLSE.

Anselmi denied it had anything to do with slumping FC ticket sales.

FC staff and players were not made available to the media, and no calls were returned.

Despite denials from everyone at MLSE this is not connected to the Toronto Maple Leafs wanting to stage an outdoor NHL game at BMO this coming winter, it doesn’t take much to see that the outdoor game is indeed part of the equation.

Simply put ‘money in / money out is’ is indeed the reason.

"We can utilize the stadium 18 hours a day, seven days a week, and still put on top soccer matches with Toronto FC, and team Canada as seen in the World Cup (qualifying)."

Anselmi is referring to the Canada/Jamaica WCQ held in the summer of 2009.

Its said the natural surface will be removed at the end of the soccer season, and synthetic field installed next spring.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Took me 5-10 mins to write - and the replies were PRICELESS!

Carts...

Northern Soul
04-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Nicely done!

Batman
04-01-2011, 10:04 AM
nasty!

loconet
04-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Cruel.

Very well done, so well done that even though I already knew it was a joke, I felt my blood pressure rising..

Redcoe15
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Well played sir.

fdasilva
04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Very nice. Completely forgot it was April Fools' Day too.

JuliquE
04-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Cruel.

Very well done, so well done that even though I already knew it was a joke, I felt my blood pressure rising..

This.. but the icing on the cake was your use of "FC."

Bril'!

DangerRed
04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Now that's the kind of silliness I can get on board with. Well done.

tfcleeds
04-01-2011, 10:45 AM
This.. but the icing on the cake was your use of "FC."

Bril'!

It was obviously meant to be a Cathal Kelly article...;)

Sweeper
04-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice one, I was admittedly caught by the Craig Bellamy one for about 30 seconds