PDA

View Full Version : Craig Bellamy Set For Toronto FC Move?

tfcmanu
04-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Toronto FC could be set to name Welsh striker Craig Bellamy as their latest designated player.

Bellamy who is currently under contract at English Premier League side Manchester City, has been on loan at npower Championship side this season after falling out with Man City boss Roberto Mancini.

Bellamy was one of the best players in the Premier League however for some reason Mancini decided he had no future at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Cardiff City are keen to make Bellamy`s contract permanent should they win however should they fail to win promotion, Bellamy has left the door open for a dramtic switch to Major League Soccer, with Toronto FC his preferred destination.

At 31 years of age, Bellamy still has a few years in him. The Welsh International has been at big clubs before including, Liverpool, Celtic, Newcastle United, and West Ham United prior to joining Manchester City.

Despite Bellamy`s previous run ins with fans and team mates alike as well as having problems with the law off the pitch, Bellamy is well aware of Toronto`s reputation as a family city and would be looking to turn his life around in North America`s cleanest, friendliest city.

Bellamy`s spokesman Pilar Lofo declined to comment on the speculation and told the press "Craig is currently under contract at Manchester City. At the end of the season Craig will sit down with the club and decide what is the best way forward and naturally if he is not part of their plans he will look at other options available to him".

Should Bellamy sign for Toronto FC, it may open the door for Dwayne De Rosario to resurrect his move to Scottish Premier League side Celtic.

Read more: http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508277#ixzz1IHGHZi6P

Waggy
04-01-2011, 08:24 AM
I'd shit my pants if we got Bellamy. No joke, I would actually go number 2 in my pants

Pookie
04-01-2011, 08:25 AM
I'd shit my pants if we got Bellamy. No joke, I would actually go number 2 in my pants

^ and this is why you should NEVER, EVER, buy pants off of eBay

Pookie
04-01-2011, 08:27 AM
As for the story, I've got to be leery of any article written on April 1st but if true, it would be an interesting storyline.

Including the transfer of DeRo, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If Celtic were interested long term, then they would have simply offered as much.

Davenport
04-01-2011, 08:28 AM
April Fool's.

Waggy
^ and this is why you should NEVER, EVER, buy pants off of eBay

I LOL'd hard. Well played

Totally forgot about april fools day. So I'm assuming this will never ever happen. Ah well, that was an enjoyable 10 minutes of day dreaming

Nuvinho
^ I don't believe anything on April 1st, now if this story still has legs by Monday....then maybe I'll believe it....haha!!

Joe Kool
04-01-2011, 08:30 AM
I think the allocation order would play a role so I would assume it would have to go down like the Brian McBride move when we got Barrett in to trade Chicago up to top of the allocation list. Not sure who is at the top now but we would have to trade someone I would think. Guess the league would help make it happen if he really was insisting on a particular city.

Davenport
04-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Not only an April fool, imagine Bellamy with North American officials.
He'd be seeing more red than a hooker's arse.

Joe Kool
04-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah...April 1st....please delay my post to Monday as Nuvinho mentioned. If it has legs on Monday then continue discussion.

Oldtimer
04-01-2011, 08:34 AM
An April fool's trick for sure.

ManUtd4ever
04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
These April Fools threads are toying with our emotions!

At least this one has a link...

Waggy
04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
April fools day aside, Bellamy's been rumored before, and is definitely on the outs at City. This is at least plausible (which would make it even more cruel if it were a joke). The relevance to Dero could be changing what we ask for back from Celtic. If we're clearing space for a better player Winter could just say to Celtic whatever you want to pay and he's yours, instead of "100 BILLION dollars" [dr evil voice]

Oldtimer
That "article" is the only one linking him to TFC.

Newcastle fans are getting the same joke:

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a19820_man-citys-bellamy-line-newcastle-return

(http://www.sportingo.com/tags/craig+bellamy)Craig Bellamy (http://www.sportingo.com/tags/craig+bellamy) is line for a sensational transfer to former club Newcastle United (http://www.sportingo.com/football/england/premier-league/newcastle-united) with Manchester City (http://www.sportingo.com/football/england/premier-league/manchester-city) looking to offload the striker at the end of the season.

Technorgasm
yay finallty someone has an april fools article for us!

PAGING
KING
DAVE!
THE BIGGEST BELLAMY FAN
ON THIS SIDE OF THE EARTH!

rviewmirror
04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
April Fools!!

Well Done to the Vital Toronto FC visitors that guessed our article on Craig Bellamy was an April Fools joke.

As it is past 12pm here in the UK the gag is up.

The "transfer" of Bellamy to Toronto (http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508284#) has been a talking point for fans either side of the pond on various message boards, but in order to ensure everyone is 100% clear and no trouble is caused between Man City, Craig Bellamy, Cardiff City or anyone associated with those parties, we have come clean in the spirit of April Fools.

Bellamy`s spokesman Pilar Lofo of course, does not exist and Pilar Lofo is an anagram for April Fool. So well done to those who picked up on that.

Well done for all who took the joke in the right spirit, of course signing Bellamy would be a cracking signing for TFC and who knows…. Maybe one day the controversial front man will wear the red of Toronto FC.

Read more: http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508284#ixzz1IHOMPMNE

But it was a fun read....

Alixir
04-01-2011, 08:54 AM
North America`s cleanest, friendliest city.
I knew it was an April fools joke as soon as I read that.

DangerRed
04-01-2011, 08:57 AM
This is so fucking stupid, but at least one day a year isn't too frequent.

Parkdale
04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
I don't like that Toronto FC is the butt of so many jokes :(

Detroit_TFC
04-01-2011, 09:03 AM
It would totally work. After each home game he could pick a different block on King St and just start brawling from bar to bar. A pub crawl, literally.

Full disclosure: I <3 Craig Bellamy. I don't know where he is going to end up after the Cardiff City loan is over, but back at Manchester City is not one of the places.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-01-2011, 09:25 AM
April Fool's.

yep but if he did come he'd destroy this league

Bars92
04-01-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't like that Toronto FC is the butt of so many jokes :(

We are what we are.

T.T.I.D.:flare:

boban
04-01-2011, 09:38 AM
It's an April Fool's joke.....

http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508284

TFC Cityboy
04-01-2011, 09:55 AM
it takes a good one to catch me out on April 1st. Nice job...you got me.
It made sense on so many levels tho.
My first reaction was April Fool too, but, it wasn't sensationalist enought...Messi or David Villa to TFC, yes...deffo April Fool and a shite one at that, but Bellers has stated he'll be leaving Cardiff at the end of the season, Bobby Manc doesn't want him back at City, we won't sell to top 6 rivals and he's on daft money so MLS DP cash would make total sense.

Nice job...I'll be more suspicious of your site next year!

Waggy
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Arrrgh. Back to day dreaming. One day craig, one day

mdc 77
04-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Good and bad april fools joke...I mean he is the kind of guy who you could see making a move to MLS, just about out of his prime, contract done, off field issues...a total longshot but somewhat believable, which in the end doesn't make it THAT funny.

Pookie
04-01-2011, 10:28 AM
At the end of the day, I'm still not going to buy any pants off of eBay.

'Fo Shizzle.

werewolf
04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Craig Bellamy is the best target TFC can realistically get, even on April Fool's day? :facepalm:

Detroit_TFC
04-01-2011, 11:00 AM
^ ROTFL. The last five years has taken its toll.

king dave
04-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Mr. Angry? Toronto?
I had heard that he would not be playing for Cardiff City next year, promoted or not promoted and he definatley won't return to the Prem.
And he is done with the Welsh NT.
Sooo . . .
I may have a new golf buddy:D
KD.

king dave
04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Holy shit!!!
He could be here as soon as the Npower Championship League ends next month.
PLEEEEEZZZ bring me my mr. Angry!
KD.

Parkdale
04-01-2011, 12:00 PM
nice avatar photo dave!!

that's gold!

ilikemusic
04-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Despite Bellamy`s previous run ins with fans and team mates alike as well as having problems with the law off the pitch, Bellamy is well aware of Toronto`s reputation as a family city and would be looking to turn his life around in North America`s cleanest, friendliest city.

:facepalm:

Ya, its really tough to find trouble in Toronto. :rolleyes:

If theyre shipping out DeRo to bring in a douchebag like Bellamy, I'll bet this is going to blow up in their faces.

edit: Its one o'clock. Get this shiz down.

king dave
04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
You farging bastiges!!!
Why couldn't you use someone other than CB for your juvenile April fools prank?

I am red carding everyone on this farging thread that didn't believe!!!!
KD.

zeelaw
04-01-2011, 10:51 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_les7tfdbPS1qdoghio1_500.png

BeachFC
04-01-2011, 11:15 PM
"Bellamy`s spokesman Pilar Lofo declined to comment"

Caught it right there
Pilar Lofo = April Fool

West220Side
04-02-2011, 12:29 AM
"Bellamy`s spokesman Pilar Lofo declined to comment"

Caught it right there
Pilar Lofo = April Fool

Stevanovics spokesperson also denied that he was coming to Toronto, just sayin. I want to believe..

John Stamos
04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Sorry to be the bad news bear, but Craig Bellamy going to TFC is like Sol Campbell going to Notts County. He would be on a different level then all the other players and will want out in a month. He is only 31 and still plays internationally so why would he risk playing for Whales and at the top level for a team that hasnt made the MLS playoffs.

If someone brings up Beckham/Henry comming to MLS as a response, thats very different. They were basically both out of there international carrers, and are looking for a place to live after they retire.

ginkster88
04-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Sorry to be the bad news bear, but Craig Bellamy going to TFC is like Sol Campbell going to Notts County. He would be on a different level then all the other players and will want out in a month. He is only 31 and still plays internationally so why would he risk playing for Whales and at the top level for a team that hasnt made the MLS playoffs.

If someone brings up Beckham/Henry comming to MLS as a response, thats very different. They were basically both out of there international carrers, and are looking for a place to live after they retire.

I'd look at the date of the original post.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Stevanovics spokesperson also denied that he was coming to Toronto, just sayin. I want to believe..

Please let the rest of us know when Stevanovic shows up, will you?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!

Toronto_Bhoy
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
One would think wages would be a concern but his speed and skill would chew up this league.

Ironic that they'd get rid of a "bad apple" in Dero in exchange for Bellamy. Might need to get Martin O'Neill as well…

Toronto_Bhoy
04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Please let the rest of us know when Stevanovic shows up, will you?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!

I wish that was only a rumour…

mastermixer
04-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Shit! I forgot this post was started on April fools and got sucked in again!

Doucet3
04-04-2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7508284 - Confirmed April Fools joke just for everyone still wondering

Jenkins12
04-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Awww man...I'm welsh and coming out to Toronto for 3 months in May and was excited by this....ahhhhhh

Across_The_Pond
04-05-2011, 08:51 AM
It would totally work. After each home game he could pick a different block on King St and just start brawling from bar to bar. A pub crawl, literally.

Full disclosure: I <3 Craig Bellamy. I don't know where he is going to end up after the Cardiff City loan is over, but back at Manchester City is not one of the places.

Apparently rumours were he was keen on a move to PSV Eindhoven, but lately he has declared his interest in getting back into the Citie team next season.

Jenkins12
04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Apparently rumours were he was keen on a move to PSV Eindhoven, but lately he has declared his interest in getting back into the Citie team next season.

Small world, I live in Neath..you out in Toronto at all this year?

I have read that Bellamy is going back to the citizens, but I see no point in him doing that.

Across_The_Pond
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Small world, I live in Neath..you out in Toronto at all this year?

I have read that Bellamy is going back to the citizens, but I see no point in him doing that.

Small world indeed! I'll be over in Toronto (Newmarket/Barrie area to be exact) for the 6 weeks summer holidays. Hoping to catch the Real Saltlake game.

What about yourself mate?

Jenkins12
04-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm out there from May to September, may see you out there haha