PDA

View Full Version : Janniere traded to the Rapids

Nuvinho
03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
The Rapids acquired the rights to Janniere from Toronto FC in exchange for a 2013 3rd round natural Supplemental Draft pick. Janniere joined the Toronto FC Youth Academy when he was 15 after playing for the Ontario Provincial Team. He played three seasons with the Senior Youth Academy side, traveled with the TFC first team during the 2010 preseason and spent the 2011 preseason with the Rapids.

razor787
03-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Nice. We let the kid go, so that in 2 years we get a handful of pennies.

werewolf
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
There has to be more to the story. Why would he spend the preseason with Colorado if he is our player?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-30-2011, 05:20 PM
There has to be more to the story. Why would he spend the preseason with Colorado if he is our player?

agreed especially for a team thats going to be based on youth

yellowfellow
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Agree. You don't send a kid to Colorado for no reason. If he is not good enough, they could just release him.

razor787
03-30-2011, 06:15 PM
He was sold to Colorado. All it means is that Colorado had a use for him, whereas he wasn't in our plans. There is no conspiracy or anything behind sending him there...

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 07:06 PM

He had been trialing with them, TFC no longer wanted him and Colorado had to give compensation to acquire him.

ag futbol
03-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Then again, in real world labor terms he had no contract (or obligation to TFC).

Didn't sound like he was factoring into our plans anyways. No issue here.

rocker
03-30-2011, 07:52 PM
what's the scouting report on this kid? I have no idea who he is.

werewolf
03-30-2011, 07:55 PM
He had been trialing with them, TFC no longer wanted him and Colorado had to give compensation to acquire him.

oh, like DeRo with Celtic?

:leaving:

denime
03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Then again, in real world labor terms he had no contract (or obligation to TFC).

Didn't sound like he was factoring into our plans anyways. No issue here.

This

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-30-2011, 08:16 PM
what's the scouting report on this kid? I have no idea who he is.

I've seen him play once, or maybe twice, a little like Lindsay or Makibuya, though unless he's grown a lot of the last year, very small.

Good bit of business for all concerned. Not in TFC's plans, at least we got a draft pick for him. Good for him in that Crapids reserves is better than catching on with another CSL team.

Shway
03-30-2011, 08:26 PM
man hes just like lindsay, this one is a mind boggle to me why tfc didnt have him in camp....especially since lindsay's injury....

in watching the Colorado v Chicago USOC game, he looks like lindsay, and plays like lindsay

tfc shouldve signed him

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 08:58 PM
man hes just like lindsay, this one is a mind boggle to me why tfc didnt have him in camp....especially since lindsay's injury....

in watching the Colorado v Chicago USOC game, he looks like lindsay, and plays like lindsay

tfc shouldve signed him

Haven't seen him on too many of the Canadian squads, can't be that good.

ag futbol
03-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Haven't seen him on too many of the Canadian squads, can't be that good.
Yeah unfortunately that's never been much of a telling sign.

rocker
03-30-2011, 09:51 PM

tfc shouldve signed him

that is, if he wanted to sign with TFC.

Detroit_TFC
03-31-2011, 10:14 AM
The academy is going to produce a lot more players than we can put on our roster (hopefully, and in my opinion very likely - I have high hopes for our academy). So this is going to be a common occurance, both to other MLS teams and teams overseas if things go right. The law of averages suggests that once in a while somebody we sell will turn out to be somebody we should have kept, and vice versa.

Jamaicanadian
03-31-2011, 10:23 AM
He"s been a very good player at every level so far!
Woulda loved to see him with TFC!
Hope he can make the jump to MLS and continue develop!!

Derko
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
I guess minds immeasurably superior to ours decided it was a good thing.

rocker
03-31-2011, 10:30 AM
The academy is going to produce a lot more players than we can put on our roster (hopefully, and in my opinion very likely - I have high hopes for our academy). So this is going to be a common occurance, both to other MLS teams and teams overseas if things go right. The law of averages suggests that once in a while somebody we sell will turn out to be somebody we should have kept, and vice versa.

good point. and I don't think every boy TFC wants to sign will want to sign with TFC.

tfc_4_ever
03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Havent posted in a while, but Josh Janniere is actually a friend of mine from our younger soccer days and what happened was he was going to get released by Jason Bent, but Dichio thought he had talent and talked to Colorado for him eventually giving him a trial.

pekduck
03-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Havent posted in a while, but Josh Janniere is actually a friend of mine from our younger soccer days and what happened was he was going to get released by Jason Bent, but Dichio thought he had talent and talked to Colorado for him eventually giving him a trial.

So our legend Dichio turned nothing (to be released) into a draft pick and gave the kid a new ray of hope to continue his pursuit of professional soccer?:hump:

ag futbol
03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes, I have hope for Dichio in the future on the managerial side. The guy seems to have an understanding of the game that extends beyond his own abilities on the field (which weren't shabby by any means).

He also seems willing to do the dirty work and start wherever he's needed. That is what took out for me, unlike a few hangers on who seem to want a silver spoon suck in their mouth without anything warranting it.

tfc_4_ever
04-01-2011, 01:54 PM
So our legend Dichio turned nothing (to be released) into a draft pick and gave the kid a new ray of hope to continue his pursuit of professional soccer?:hump:

This is true haha