PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Wednesday, Mar.30

denime
03-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV Media Scrum (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)

Attakora Making Progress (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/03/attakora-making-progress)

Talking Tactics: What 4-3-3 needs to really compete (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/talking-tactics-what-4-3-3-needs-really-compete)

De Guzman dying to play for 'new' TFC (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/03/29/sp-soccer-mls-tfc.html)

Canada upsets Belarus in soccer friendly (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/03/29/sp-canada-belarus.html)

Canada notches exhibition win over Belarus (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/canada-notches-exhibition-win-over-belarus/article1961527/)

Breaking down Canada’s win (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/03/29/dobson_on_soccer/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Workie
03-30-2011, 05:34 AM
I have been pacing back and forth at my desk waiting for this.

Thanks D!

keem-o-sabi
03-30-2011, 06:28 AM
coed girls 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/2011/03/29/miss-coed-erika-jacobs-20-pics/) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/2011/03/29/rali-ivanovas-33-sexiest-twitpics-photos/)

Fort York Redcoat
03-30-2011, 06:37 AM
I hope the CSA and Sportsnet fully register the opportunity lost with the last two untelevised matches

Canada 1 - Belarus 0
Ukraine 2 - Canada 2

Anybody here who would've liked to catch the replays of these matches? I know I would have.

Technorgasm
03-30-2011, 06:58 AM
countdown is on. . . 3 more gqames till the return of JDG.

I will re-iterate, it is most important that we beat eastern opposition in the first 6 weeks of MLS. . PARAMOUNT importaance in fact. .

Can TFC truly make BMO a fortress?
can we have a run as seen at the Tinto?
Will there be any female 'shirts off' participants at BMO?
Will phonzo have his camera ready for such a moment?

. . . . . .stay tuned.
signed:
THE NORB.

scooter
03-30-2011, 07:35 AM
mornin d

ManUtd4ever
03-30-2011, 07:39 AM
It's great to see JDG's level of enthusiasm to rejoin his teammates on the pitch. I think he will provide the missing link in the midfield when he returns to form.

Ageroo
03-30-2011, 07:56 AM
I hope the CSA and Sportsnet fully register the opportunity lost with the last two untelevised matches

Canada 1 - Belarus 0
Ukraine 2 - Canada 2

Anybody here who would've liked to catch the replays of these matches? I know I would have.

This sums that up......

http://www.eastsidestandup.com/toons/05/essu_s5s24.jpg

CBTFC
03-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Long time lurker, and part time poster...certainly appreciate your effort in putting all TFC related media into one thread. Each and every day!

Much appreciated :)

:scarf:

spark
03-30-2011, 08:15 AM
New weekly pod with Paul James - goes over the TFC win, tactics, talks Vancouver, and the changing attitude of CMNT players.

And you can launch the player in a separate window and come back to the forum!! :canada:

PAUL JAMES ON SOCCER (http://rednationonline.ca/PaulJamesonSoccerEpisode1.aspx)

Darlofletch
03-30-2011, 08:16 AM
another good result for canada without de ro. from dobson's report, it sounds like the midfield and forwards worked very well.

does he automatically get a place back when he's next with the team?

Parkdale
03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Long time lurker, and part time poster...certainly appreciate your effort in putting all TFC related media into one thread. Each and every day!

Much appreciated :)

:scarf:

how many of us start the day right here?

coffee > work email > news thread > personal email > facebook

that's how it goes for me.

tfcleeds
03-30-2011, 08:23 AM
^At my workplace, facebook is one of the few sites that isn't accessible. Lord knows what I'd do if this site wasn't. Probably be a lot more productive, and have a position higher up, maybe?

Dreadlocks
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
^ Each and every day!:hump:

Ultra & Proud
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM

coffee > news thread > personal E-mail > facebook > random surfing > dump > work E-mail

Suds
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
^^
All but facebook. And I drink tea because that's how I roll! :)

Parkdale
03-30-2011, 08:38 AM
coffee > news thread > personal E-mail > facebook > random surfing > dump > work E-mail

oh right....

SuperTCP
03-30-2011, 08:52 AM

I am on the same boat.

SuperTCP
03-30-2011, 08:55 AM

Canada 1 - Belarus 0
Ukraine 2 - Canada 2

Insulting that no channel showed these games. :facepalm:

Roogsy
03-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Insulting that no channel showed these games. :facepalm:

The CSA must take some blame for this. They have done a piss poor job with the CMNT in general, it is no wonder sports networks aren't lining up to broadcast the games.

Whoop
03-30-2011, 09:02 AM
The JDG article has me feeling optimistic.

johnmolinaro
03-30-2011, 09:13 AM
It's great to see JDG's level of enthusiasm to rejoin his teammates on the pitch. I think he will provide the missing link in the midfield when he returns to form.

His level of enthusiasm struck me, too, when I was asking him about his return yesterday. Usually, he's a pretty stiff interview subject who keeps his emotions in check and doesn't give away much.

But that wasn't the case yesterday. I really got the sense that he's itching to play again, especially for Winter.

John Molinaro

levyashin
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
about time that i got in on the act;thanks DENIME,you know its true if you see it here!!! first port of call .

tfcleeds
03-30-2011, 09:43 AM
For all the stick he's taken thus far, I have to admit, I'm excited at the prospect of seeing what JDG can do under Winter's system.

[NBF]
03-30-2011, 09:51 AM
SSG: Hubba Hubba:):yum::hump::flare::drum::drinking:

Attakora: He's coming back....that's also good.

Pachuco
03-30-2011, 10:13 AM
For all the stick he's taken thus far, I have to admit, I'm excited at the prospect of seeing what JDG can do under Winter's system.

I've been giving him a heck of alot of stick. And even I'm exited to see what he can do in this system.

mdc 77
03-30-2011, 10:28 AM
The CSA must take some blame for this. They have done a piss poor job with the CMNT in general, it is no wonder sports networks aren't lining up to broadcast the games.

Agree, at the very least a match like yesterday's should be streamed online by the CSA. That's not asking for much and it's not much effort.

Besides that crap, I am slowly having a more positive feeling about what Hart has done with the program and excited to see what we do in the Gold Cup.

bman27
03-30-2011, 10:33 AM
it's awesome to see our Dp itching to go and be eager, its a nice change.....cough mista cough

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 10:43 AM
New weekly pod with Paul James - goes over the TFC win, tactics, talks Vancouver, and the changing attitude of CMNT players.

And you can launch the player in a separate window and come back to the forum!! :canada:

Excellent podcast, specifically with comments on playing for Canada.

Sweeper
03-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the news links everyday, they are certainly part of my daily routine. Surprised I didn't see some discussion or threads on the Winter 4-3-3 tactics article. Maybe I'm reading into the article too much but I would say there are some core players that could be part of a trade at some point. Maybe that shouldn't come as a surprise considering who was mentioned in the article. So far I really like Winter and it has nothing to do with a home opener win.

Ageroo
03-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Posted these in the Canada Forum....but some of you don't venture in there....so here you go.....

6tJ_lw9TH74
iFDXZQpYMqY
JsevLUzXB7I

Gazza
03-30-2011, 11:33 AM
another good result for canada without de ro. from dobson's report, it sounds like the midfield and forwards worked very well.

does he automatically get a place back when he's next with the team?

Yes.

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
De Rosario played well in Greece, Darl and was our most dangerous player against them. I don't know why they wouldn't call De Ro for the Gold Cup.

BayernTFC
03-30-2011, 12:18 PM
I thought that some members might be interested in reading this article:

Paperless tickets: Is Ticketmaster hurting consumers? (http://blogs.reuters.com/prism-money/2011/03/29/paperless-tickets-is-ticketmaster-hurting-consumers/)

Alixir
03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
hey does Stephen Hart have a different shirt??

Fort York Redcoat
03-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I thought that some members might be interested in reading this article:

Paperless tickets: Is Ticketmaster hurting consumers? (http://blogs.reuters.com/prism-money/2011/03/29/paperless-tickets-is-ticketmaster-hurting-consumers/)

How is this to my detriment? No one can give their ticket to some douchebag.

Jeffro
03-30-2011, 01:26 PM

You buy an expensive ticket to a concert months in advance, then fall ill and are unable to attend, you can't just sell your ticket to me. Or you buy several tickets for you and your friends then fall ill, nobody can go because you're not there with your credit card and ID.

Darlofletch
03-30-2011, 01:38 PM
De Rosario played well in Greece, Darl and was our most dangerous player against them. I don't know why they wouldn't call De Ro for the Gold Cup.

in last 12 months.
with de ro, 0-0-3 scored 0, let in 8.
without de ro, 2-2-0 scored 6, let in 2.

he did look good against greece, it's true, but did canada? same against peru, i thought he was our best player but canada struggled. It would obviously be unfair to include the argentina game, but all the other games are against teams of roughly the same quality, it's not like they've done well only against weak teams without him.

the performance against honduras was much better than the game against peru, they did well against ukraine, and by the twitter reports, looked good going forward against belarus as well.

Obviously there's a lot of factors that go in to that, but how many times does something have to happen before it stops being a coincidence.

I'd suggest keep de ro for the bench, if plan a isn't working, bring him on as he certainly has the talent to be a game changer, but the team as a whole seems to be working better without him.

Certainly wouldn't recommend dropping him for TFC as we have nowhere near the quality that canada does when everyone's fit and available.

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 01:44 PM
in last 12 months.
with de ro, 0-0-3 scored 0, let in 8.
without de ro, 2-2-0 scored 6, let in 2.

he did look good against greece, it's true, but did canada? same against peru, i thought he was our best player but canada struggled. It would obviously be unfair to include the argentina game, but all the other games are against teams of roughly the same quality, it's not like they've done well only against weak teams without him.

the performance against honduras was much better than the game against peru, they did well against ukraine, and by the twitter reports, looked good going forward against belarus as well.

Obviously there's a lot of factors that go in to that, but how many times does something have to happen before it stops being a coincidence.

I'd suggest keep de ro for the bench, if plan a isn't working, bring him on as he certainly has the talent to be a game changer, but the team as a whole seems to be working better without him.

Certainly wouldn't recommend dropping him for TFC as we have nowhere near the quality that canada does when everyone's fit and available.

Because De Ro was responsible for garbage defending against Peru?

You're talking gibberish.

Argentina, 5-0. The Whole team sucked.

Peru, we lost because Peters and Diesel played awful defense, and Greece we lost because of a defensive error from Straith.

If you're going to complain about lack of goalscoring, you can blame the whole CMNT. Look at how many goals were scored from open play vs. set pieces, whether De Ro was there or not. Canada's scoring Malaise runs deeper than one player.

werewolf
03-30-2011, 01:55 PM
I understand what he is saying. DeRo is our best offensive player, but when he is in the lineup, everything goes through him. Which may not be as effective as the whole team collectively being involved in the attack.

I don't see how DeRo can be left out of the squad, however. Playing in Greece and in Argentina (both WC teams) is a lot harder then playing at a neutral site against Belarus.

MarkoftheDrink
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM

This is the kind of soccer analysis we need more of in Canada. Couldn't agree more with the comments on the CMNT culture. Players like Gerba need to be kept as far away as possible from out NT. I wish Will Johnson was playing for TFC he is exactly the kind of player we need more of here. Culture wins championships.

Good start, keep it up.

Darlofletch
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Because De Ro was responsible for garbage defending against Peru?

You're talking gibberish.

Argentina, 5-0. The Whole team sucked.

Peru, we lost because Peters and Diesel played awful defense, and Greece we lost because of a defensive error from Straith.

If you're going to complain about lack of goalscoring, you can blame the whole CMNT. Look at how many goals were scored from open play vs. set pieces, whether De Ro was there or not. Canada's scoring Malaise runs deeper than one player.

I'm talking gibberish? thanks.

I never mentioned anything about garbage defending, against peru or greece. argentina? like i said, I wouldn't really have expected anything more than that.

lack of goalscoring? scoring malaise? not a problem in the games he hasn't played for some reason.

In all the various de ro debates, even his biggest defenders haven't argued against the fact that de ro's style of play can be selfish at times. If he's a step above the players around him, like with TFC, then maybe that's for the best, if he can create something out of nothing by himslef that's good.

But with canada there isn't that drop off in talent, so go with the guys that for whatever reason work better together. keep him on the bench as a back up for the times when we're struggling so he can bring something different.

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 02:02 PM
I understand what he is saying. DeRo is our best offensive player, but when he is in the lineup, everything goes through him. Which may not be as effective as the whole team collectively being involved in the attack.

I don't see how DeRo can be left out of the squad, however. Playing in Greece and in Argentina (both WC teams) is a lot harder then playing at a neutral site against Belarus.

I'd take De Ro on the right wing over Jackson right now.

Darlofletch
03-30-2011, 02:08 PM

exactly, if everything's going through him, then yes, he's probably going to look good, but has the team looked good? It's looked better without him recently, belarus, ukraine, peru and venezuela. none of them are near the quality of argentina, but they're not much better than greece, they're all top 50 teams and all well above canada in the rankings and we've held our own against them.

edit: not much worse than greece is what it should say.

Whoop
03-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Question: Who will make up the core of the CMNT for 2014 WCQ?

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Question: Who will make up the core of the CMNT for 2014 WCQ?

-----------Hirschfeld/Borjan------------
Peters/Ledgerwood----McKenna/Straith---Jakovic/Hainault----De Jong/Kluko
-----Dunfield/JDG-------Johnson/Edgar-----------
-------------Atiba Hutchinson/De Ro/Salgadinho---------------
Jackson/De Ro/Salgadinho----------------------Simpson/De Jong
-----------Friend/Occean/Ricketts/Salgadinho-------------

Yohan
03-30-2011, 02:18 PM
^You think DeRo at 36-37 will have a role in WC2014?

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 02:19 PM

In the WCQ, undoubtedly. In the actual World Cup, probably not.

McBrace
03-30-2011, 02:20 PM

If thats the case, oh boy do we ever need to get going on the development...

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 02:25 PM
If thats the case, oh boy do we ever need to get going on the development...

With the way Canadian strikers are putting the ball in the net, I'd take Tomasz Radzinski at age 40 in the 2014 WC...

reggie
who is salgadino?

werewolf
DeRo would at least make the squad, like Blanco did for Mexico last year. 3 years isn't that long away, and there aren't that many good young players that are ready to make an impact right now.

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 02:27 PM
who is salgadino?

Pedro Miguel Salgadinho Pacheco de Melo

I guess in Portugal they actually call him Pacheco. But I like Salgadinho better. :D

He's a DM who plays an attacking role with Canada.

TFCRegina
03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
RNO has a write up on the tactical play of Canada yesterday.

http://www.rednationonline.ca/HutchinsonJohnsonandPachecoenginesforCanada.aspx

DangerRed
03-30-2011, 02:33 PM

If you don't see how this is hugely to the detriment of honest consumers, then you've never bought tickets to a game/event and have had to give away or sell them because you can't attend.

Nor have you ever bought your kid a ticket to something, because with this policy, you'll now have to be there with them when they enter the venue if the ticket was bought using your credit card.

Ticketmaster is quite severely punishing StubHub and scalpers at the expense of the average consumer with this policy.

Fort York Redcoat
03-30-2011, 02:37 PM
I want to see DeRo start in the Gold Cup. Let's see the result there first.

werewolf
03-30-2011, 02:38 PM
FIFA made a big fuss the last two world cups about names being printed on tickets, and having to show passports upon entry to the stadium. I have been to over a half dozen matches in those 2 tournaments, and never once had to do anything other then scan my ticket. (though the security searches in Germany would have sent the ACLU into an uproar...)

Still the possibility that ticketmaster implements the rules is potentially hurting honest consumers. I notice it says paperless tickets, you can still click the option to pick-up at will call, or have tickets mailed.

Fort York Redcoat
03-30-2011, 02:38 PM
If you don't see how this is hugely to the detriment of honest consumers, then you've never bought tickets to a game/event and have had to give away or sell them because you can't attend.

Nor have you ever bought your kid a ticket to something, because with this policy, you'll now have to be there with them when they enter the venue if the ticket was bought using your credit card.

Ticketmaster is quite severely punishing StubHub and scalpers at the expense of the average consumer with this policy.

Correct. I have not had to do either.

Roogsy
03-30-2011, 02:40 PM
I want to see DeRo start in the Gold Cup. Let's see the result there first.

I agree. Even I am not going to hang on to the opinion that DeRo should be part of the World Cup qualifying years from now. I'd prefer to discuss how he is going to impact games that are much sooner on the calendar.

reggie
03-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Pedro Miguel Salgadinho Pacheco de Melo

I guess in Portugal they actually call him Pacheco. But I like Salgadinho better. :D

He's a DM who plays an attacking role with Canada.
thank you...

jloome
03-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Correct. I have not had to do either.

Me neither.

A lot of events traditionally had non-transferable tickets, particularly high-price tickets like broadway shows and operas.

Workie
03-31-2011, 02:27 AM

Glad you found that. I enjoyed it!