PDA

View Full Version : Jose Calderon...TFC????

tfcmanu
03-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Interesting Scenario...Will never happen!

"Calderon, who might be the best soccer player in the NBA outside of Captain Canada himself, Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns.
Growing up in Spain, Calderon was equally influenced by his dad, a former pro basketball player who introduced him to hoops, and his friends, who mostly preferred soccer.
Calderon excelled at both, eventually choosing basketball while remaining confident that nobody in the NBA can touch him on the soccer pitch.
Well, almost nobody.
“Everybody knows Steve Nash plays soccer,” he says. “Nobody has seen me, but I can play a little bit too.”
Unfortunately for Leafs fans, hockey never entered the equation for Calderon.
As versatile an athlete as he is, he can’t skate." :D

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/963199--mlse-fundraiser-sees-stars-align

ManUtd4ever
03-29-2011, 09:22 AM
LOL, Calderon is the new mystery defender that will be signed this week!

drewski
03-29-2011, 09:23 AM
well the NBA's CBA is up this year, so ya never know, ie Ocho Cinco ;)

tfcmanu
03-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Jose Calderon maybe better Footie player than some players we have on the roster like "Cough" Cough" grgn! :picard:

tfcleeds
03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
^What's equally scary is that Ochocinco might be as well...

DangerRed
03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.agreenertea.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/632229_decisions_no_thanks.jpg

Derko
03-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Jose Calderon maybe better Footie player than some players we have on the roster like "Cough" Cough" grgn! :picard:

I find it funny that last year, to a lot of fans Gargan was OK, I guess coughing up the ball a few times lately has lessened his popularity. Calderone, I'll pass on that media sideshow.:drinking:

tfcmanu
03-29-2011, 10:25 AM
I find it funny that last year, to a lot of fans Gargan was OK, I guess coughing up the ball a few times lately has lessened his popularity. Calderone, I'll pass on that media sideshow.:drinking:

I don't think Gargan can adapt to Winters style of play, However I hope he does better I like Gargan he did well under Preki.:)

Thrillos
03-29-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't think Gargan can adapt to Winters style of play, However I hope he does better I like Gargan he did well under Preki.:)

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he was never good.
He was only (seemingly) good for the same reason Cann looked so good. They never moved out of there 6foot radius of area in our own 18 yard box and when the ball came near them they kicked it as hard as they could....

He was never good, and I really hope he doesn't getting the starting spot on saturday, especially now that Nana is back.

Nana should move out to a full back position. mostly due to lack of better options.

iansmcl
03-30-2011, 01:15 AM
I find it funny that last year, to a lot of fans Gargan was OK, I guess coughing up the ball a few times lately has lessened his popularity.

Yeah, I never quite understood why people loved Gargan so much... his only move was to run up the wing at full speed and then play a pass that would invariably be too wide and run out of bounds for a goal kick.

However, he's now added the deadly back pass and a vicious turnover pass.

100% a Preki-type player. Works hard all the time but the skill just isn't there.

Serb_Star
03-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Steve Nash could probably play in the MLS, Jose wouldn't be far off either.

MKR
03-30-2011, 08:39 AM

my God i hope not considering the type of defender he is at basketball.

Yohan
03-30-2011, 09:29 AM
calderon would be helluva playmaker though (if he actually has the ball skills)

Wagner
03-30-2011, 09:39 AM
why not give him a try?

what do we have to lose?

MKR
03-30-2011, 09:48 AM
You guys know there is zero chance of this happening right? It's just fun talk as far as Jose is concrened. The man has had some big injury concrens in the last few years to the point where team management has not wanted him to play for his national program. Letting Jose dick around on the football pitch when there are $$$millions riding on him to play injury free on the court means anything more than just shooting the shit about how he 'used to play football as a kid' is out of the question.

bones
03-30-2011, 09:49 AM

I think people look at him as being small out on the court, but a 6'3" target man would be nice too ;)

Bones...