PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs. Vancouver - Wednesday, July 9th 10pm EST TV Coverage?!?!?

TicTacTabarnack
07-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Anyone know if this game is being televised? No indications as of yet on the TFC Schedule - http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/schedule/scoreboard/season.jsp?team=t280

Going to be a late night, but I seriously want to be able to watch this game after yesterday as it will be key to qualifying now.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Not on the telly....another CBC fuck up...can't be surprised with that over rated network, that should have stayed on strike last year, no one would have missed them.

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Ill be livid if this isnt on TV considering Van-Mon was on last week.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Ill be livid if this isnt on TV considering Van-Mon was on last week.

well get steaming...its no on unless tfc/mlse put pressure on CBC to do so.:mad:

SLBuu
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
wow!!!!!!

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 02:48 AM
well get steaming...its no on unless tfc/mlse put pressure on CBC to do so.:mad:

:taz:

TFC 420
07-03-2008, 03:22 AM
the game might be on Bold .its a CBC pay channel. Rogers will give you the package 3 months free. after 3 months cancel the package.

CanuckPete
07-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Wasn't there a graphic on the screen during the last game that it will be on CBC at "midnight local time?"

MG42
07-03-2008, 07:25 AM
the game might be on Bold .its a CBC pay channel. Rogers will give you the package 3 months free. after 3 months cancel the package.

The bold schedule says that it will be playing the Calgary Stampede at 10:00 ET on July 9;
http://www.cbc.ca/bold/bold_tv_weekofjuly7.pdf

Wasn't there a graphic on the screen during the last game that it will be on CBC at "midnight local time?"

The CBC schedule doesn't show the game at all....
http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/schedule/dailySchedule.jsp?network=CBC%20Television&genre=&startDate=2008/07/09&startTime=00:00&endTime=24:00

Toronto_Bhoy
07-03-2008, 09:05 AM
The bold schedule says that it will be playing the Calgary Stampede at 10:00 ET on July 9;

Yipee!!!

Sad thing is this will get the CBC a bigger audience…

johnmolinaro
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't want to get your hopes up, but there is a chance we'll be streaming it live. I'll let you kow either way when I get confirmation.

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
CBCSports.ca reporter

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't want to get your hopes up, but there is a chance we'll be streaming it live. I'll let you kow either way when I get confirmation.

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
CBCSports.ca reporter

Streaming it? BUllshit!!

Our lives are on the line......and we have to watch it on STREAm...and thats not even guarenteed!!.....

Why would CBC..even get the rights to this if they wernt going to show every game!????

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 01:18 PM

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
CBCSports.ca reporter

Ya this is horseshit.

If you arent actually going to show the thournament then fuck off.

If a recap of the Calgary Stampede and repeating an episode of Arrested Development for the 50th fucking time (seriously! How many fucking times can you repeat the entire series? There is only three fucking seasons!) is more important than a make or break game in the Canadian Championship then please dont bother covering it and telling us were lucky to even see it. I dont need to be talked down to like that. Dont piss on my shoe and tell me its raining.

PaulinosTFC
07-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Ya this is horseshit.

If you arent actually going to show the thournament then fuck off.

If a recap of the Calgary Stampede and repeating an episode of Arrested Development for the 50th fucking time (seriously! How many fucking times can you repeat the entire series? There is only three fucking season!) is more important than a make or break game in the Canadian Championship then please dont bother covering it and telling us were lucky to even see it. I dont need to be talked down to like that. Dont piss on my shoe and tell me its raining.

Well said, I fucking hate cbc and their bullshit effort towards covering soccer. They'd much rather be showing a fucking stampede or alpine skiing.

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I bet you more than 70,000 people will be watching the Stampede

Don Julio
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
It's really not serving the Canadian public to buy the rights to a tournament so that it can not be seen by a television audience. As a taxpayer I am paying to prevent myself from seeing this.

Terrible.

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Your point?

If the schedule is going to be determined 100% by ratings then TFC should really never be on TV.

Don Julio
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM

I bet you less than 70,000 will be watching GolTV or FSW at the same time. These channels could have at least provided a method for users to see it even if it wasn't freely broadcast.

Ladies Love Julius James
07-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Your point?

If the schedule is going to be determined 100% by ratings then TFC should really never be on TV.

That's why their not high on the priority list...if more people were going to watch TFC as opposed to CFL...bet your bottom dollar it would be on.

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
That's why their not high on the priority list...if more people were going to watch TFC as opposed to CFL...bet your bottom dollar it would be on.

So your logical argument here is that TFC doesnt belong on TV.

What are you doing on this board if you dont want to watch the team anywhere but live at BMO?

TicTacTabarnack
07-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Cheers,

John F. Molinaro
CBCSports.ca reporter

John ... Thanks for coming on here and letting us know. Class Act for doing that and letting us voice our opinion. Greatly appreciated!

That being said ... Why is there only a "chance" that it will be on when CBC paid (so I assume) for the rights to broadcast the series and are not going to air the whole series?

IMO - At least put it on Bold. TFC is the only reason I actually subscribed to that channel. I'm not the only one, when I called in to add before the TFC vs Impact game, they asked me why so many people where calling in to add it at the same time. TFC baby!

Here's a follow-up question - Any idea if we'll ever get a broadcast in HD this year?

The Pope
07-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Here's a follow-up question - Any idea if we'll ever get a broadcast in HD this year?

they said after hockey is over....well hockey has been over for some time now and still no HD

johnmolinaro
07-03-2008, 02:40 PM
John ... Thanks for coming on here and letting us know. Class Act for doing that and letting us voice our opinion. Greatly appreciated!

That being said ... Why is there only a "chance" that it will be on when CBC paid (so I assume) for the rights to broadcast the series and are not going to air the whole series?

IMO - At least put it on Bold. TFC is the only reason I actually subscribed to that channel. I'm not the only one, when I called in to add before the TFC vs Impact game, they asked me why so many people where calling in to add it at the same time. TFC baby!

I wish I could give you answers to these questions. I'm a reporter for the CBC Sports website and not part of the TV department, so unfortunately I'm not privy to the decisions or decision-making.

Sometimes I learn info from talking to people in the TV department, but I'm not in contact with them on a dialy basis.

All I can say from my limited knowledge of how TV works is that it's not as easy as you would think to change the broadcast schedule. Often times there are commerical and financial committments involved that make it impossible to change things around. It's especially hard for CBC because we're not an all-sports network.

We're very close to announcing we'll be streaming the Vancouver-Toronto game. I'm also hearing it may end up on TV (possibly Bold).

Ladies Love Julius James
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
So your logical argument here is that TFC doesnt belong on TV.

What are you doing on this board if you dont want to watch the team anywhere but live at BMO?

Wow you really know how to jump. Never did I say I don't want to watch them...I don't even see them at BMO.

What I'm saying is on the business side of things....when you have a game that will have 290k as opposed to a game which will have maybe 50k if your lucky...which one do you think CBC is going to go for?

Lenny Dikestra
07-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks John .. always nice to have inside scoop...

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Wow you really know how to jump. Never did I say I don't want to watch them...I don't even see them at BMO.

What I'm saying is on the business side of things....when you have a game that will have 290k as opposed to a game which will have maybe 50k if your lucky...which one do you think CBC is going to go for?

You explaining this to me is leading me to infer that you think I dont understand this. I know exactly why CBC wouldnt put TFC on the air. Should CBC do exactly what will get them the highest ratings? From a business perspective, of course. But then that logically dictates that TFC shouldnt be on CBC at all because the ratings for it are awful.

If they arent willing to bite the bullet and broadcast the games that they bought the rights to then give them up and let Fox Sports World or Gol TV step up and give football fans what they want. I want to be able to watch my team and I dont give a fuck about CBC's ratings.

(note, this is the exact same argument NHL fans in Ottawa and out west have used for years while complaining about having to watch the Maple Leafs on HNIC. Guess what, CBC has bowed to their complaints and have said they will broadcast less Maple Leaf games nationally despite the fact that Leaf games always draw the best)

johnmolinaro
07-03-2008, 03:04 PM
You explaining this to me is leading me to infer that you think I dont understand this. I know exactly why CBC wouldnt put TFC on the air. Should CBC do exactly what will get them the highest ratings? From a business perspective, of course. But then that logically dictates that TFC shouldnt be on CBC at all because the ratings for it are awful.

If they arent willing to bite the bullet and broadcast the games that they bought the rights to then give them up and let Fox Sports World or Gol TV step up and give football fans what they want. I want to be able to watch my team and I dont give a fuck about CBC's ratings.

(note, this is the exact same argument NHL fans in Ottawa and out west have used for years while complaining about having to watch the Maple Leafs on HNIC. Guess what, CBC has bowed to their complaints and have said they will broadcast less Maple Leaf games nationally despite the fact that Leaf games always draw the best)

I just checked with someone and was told we only secured the rights to four of the six games, not the entire series. The other two, including the next game, was not part of the deal.

John

Lenny Dikestra
07-03-2008, 03:05 PM
John are you going to d any more spots on TV ??

johnmolinaro
07-03-2008, 03:06 PM
John are you going to d any more spots on TV ??

Did I do a TV spot before? I don't remember doing one.

noochie
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Pre season show man :)

johnmolinaro
07-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Pre season show man :)

oh right!! I forgot about that. sorry. They might have me on again, but I haven't heard.

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Is the game even being recorded/shot? If it is, I may try and make something happen (streaming), but it'll be a really tough thing to do with this short notice.

I too subscribed to Bold to watch this game; som not only are my tax dollars going to the stampede, my fees to rogers are too... damn!

johnmolinaro
07-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Is the game even being recorded/shot? If it is, I may try and make something happen (streaming), but it'll be a really tough thing to do with this short notice.

I too subscribed to Bold to watch this game; som not only are my tax dollars going to the stampede, my fees to rogers are too... damn!

I just heard that we're going to be streaming it live, and GOL TV Canada will be showing it live.

Because we only secured the rights to four of the six games, including the July 9th one, the rights were up for grabs and GOL TV has bought them.

John

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Even worse, USLlive.com is not streaming it either.

Jimmy The Saint
07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I just heard that we're going to be streaming it live, and GOL TV Canada will be showing it live.

Because we only secured the rights to four of the six games, including the July 9th one, the rights were up for grabs and GOL TV has bought them.

John

Thanks John; tried to google it, and GOL did not show up.

The Pope
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Sweet GolTV it is

now about that HD......

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you Gol TV for stepping up to the plate for Canadian soccer fans!!!!

:hump:

Ladies Love Julius James
07-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Hey bro there is nothing more I'd like to see than TFC and other sports I watch all the time. With that said sometimes it's tough for companies to bite the bullet...they are all about making dough.

Rudi
07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
please dont bother covering it and telling us were lucky to even see it. I dont need to be talked down to like that.
Link? :rolleyes:

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Im not going to go digging through press releases but hell I think they say it during broadcasts anyways; That theyre 'proud' to broadcast TFC. Well youre not that proud are you? If you cant shift around some supplementary programming to show quite possibly the biggest game in this franchises short history youre not that 'proud' are you?

johnmolinaro
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
things have turned a bit nasty here (on both sides) but there's no need as the game will be televised and streamed live.

as far as being proud broadcasters of Toronto FC, I think we (CBC Sports) are. you might not agree with this, but I think (obviously I'm biased) we do a better a job of broadcasting the team than any other network.

again, the July 9 game wasn't part of the rights package we secured, the game was available for another broadcaster to pick it up, and GOL TV is showing the game.

it would have been one thing if we had the rights for the entire package and didn't show the July 9 game because of scheduling conflicts, but that's not the case here.

everybody wins.

ilikemusic
07-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Well I apoligize for my first post's harshness; but at that point in time this game was still high and dry. And I swear the 'fuck off' was more of general statement towards the entity that is CBC and not you. :o

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
and it's not even on GolTV live

http://goltv.ca/scheduler/timetable.php

kodiakTFC
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
and it's not even on GolTV live

http://goltv.ca/scheduler/timetable.php

Its live at 10

GabrielHurl
07-03-2008, 06:13 PM
that's me looking like a fool - didn't look at the date

TicTacTabarnack
07-04-2008, 12:17 AM

John

Woohoo!!!! Thank you GOL TV!

p.s. John. I do enjoy CBC's coverage of the TFC games as it's not a US feed like most other networks. Nigel's top notch & De Vos ... well not so much (referring to he Canada Day game coverage).